PDA

View Full Version : Hubie Brown thread

Akrazotile
01-16-2014, 01:12 AM
So we can see here now that this is the Hubie Brown thread. Ok, so you say to yourself "Well why is this the Hubie Brown thread?" Well mainly because it's fun to talk like Hubie Brown. Now we know that when you have a forum, and a person who talks a certain way, it's just going to be natural to put them together ok. Mainly because that's just what we like to do. But now watch right here, you can see how I'm making a thread about Hubie Brown while talking like Hubie Brown. Now that's impressive.

Clutch
01-16-2014, 01:19 AM
I like your game. Now we know you put a lot of work in this thread but it's questionable if others will appreciate it.

rhowen4
01-16-2014, 01:29 AM
Now, give Akrazotile a lot of credit. He has the right observations and made something out of it. He built this thread the right way and it's paying dividends.

Akrazotile
01-16-2014, 01:30 AM
I like your game. Now we know you put a lot of work in this thread but it's questionable if others will appreciate it.

See, mike, now this is impressive, you've got a poster who can see what another poster is doing, so he acknowledges that he knows the other poster is doing it. Now why do we like that? Well first of all because it lets you know what a poster is thinking, and second of all ok you get some teamwork involved. So you say, well why do we like teamwork? Well, mainly because without having any team work, the team is not going to work as well as you would like it to ok.

Akrazotile
01-16-2014, 01:33 AM
Now, give Akrazotile a lot of credit. He has the right observations and made something out of it. He built this thread the right way and it's paying dividends.

Now this is really something here, we've got a second poster who understands what's going on, and he says to himself 'ok, i'm gonna make something happen'. Well you say how does he know? Mainly because he's a high IQ poster who knows how to sacrifice his game to help the thread. You just love to see that, you really do.

Clutch
01-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Now this is really something here, we've got a second poster who understands what's going on, and he says to himself 'ok, i'm gonna make something happen'. Well you say how does he know? Mainly because he's a high IQ poster who knows how to sacrifice his game to help the thread. You just love to see that, you really do.
Come on now,you gotta appreciate what he does. He's taking over and keeping this thread alive all by himself. And that's the beauty of his game. The ability to preform under pressure.

Young X
01-16-2014, 01:46 AM
"plenty of time here" (when a team is behind in a close game with little time left)

"See, the most dangerous guy is the guy out of bounds"

"See, Mike, the perimeter people have to do a better job of getting it to the post people"

no pun intended
01-16-2014, 01:46 AM
"plenty of time here" (when a team is behind in a close game with little time left)

"See, Mike, the perimeter people have to do a better job of getting it to the post people"
damn you beat me to it lmao

Scal
01-16-2014, 01:47 AM
No one is bigger than the forum. You're going to be on time, you're going post hard, you're going to know your place and you're going to know when to reply or pass. If you can't do those four things you're not getting noticed here and we don't care who you are.

BlazerRed
01-16-2014, 01:48 AM

:applause:

Akrazotile
01-16-2014, 01:59 AM
Now mike, as an OP, this is something you just love to see. Everyone is getting involved and moving the idea around, and posters are stepping up and showing that they belong on this level. That's not something we are always accustomed to seeing, hum ha hm heh haha ok! But really it's just great effort, great execution, and as you can see these guys are starting to feel comfortable posting together as a unit.

Geriatric
01-16-2014, 02:09 AM
Now Geriatric is upset here. You see he wishes that he had been clever enough to think of this thread first. Come on, it's so obvious but still brilliant. But you've got to give OP credit for jumping on this first, it's good for him and good for the team. Now why are we beating this idea like a dead horse we ask? Well we see here that we clearly like repetition of good stuff.

Scal
01-16-2014, 02:15 AM
Now see, you have to look at his thread, and why it is so successful, it's all about opportunity. They are making high-percentage posts.

Genaro
01-16-2014, 02:19 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I like this thread. Manly because I don't really like Hubbie.

Akrazotile
01-16-2014, 02:28 AM

Now you have to be careful here, you have a poster who is capable of knocking down the open joke, but you want to make sure he is doing it within the flow of the offense. If you watch right here, you see that he's posting the things I say, but not actually talking like me hismelf ok. Well why is that a problem, well mainly because I like his point about the perimeter people and the post people, but he's got to do a better job of following the instructions of the thread.

Alan Ogg
01-16-2014, 02:29 AM
score the ball

NustABut
01-16-2014, 02:30 AM
Ohhh what a thread.

You just have to simply give a lot of credit to the OP. The OP made a strong move to the rim and didn't let the defense dictate what he would do. Mainly because the OP is very persistence. Now you have to appreciate OP

Akrazotile
01-16-2014, 02:31 AM
score the ball

Absolutely. Absolutely. That's one of the main keys we talked about earlier ok, you have to score the ball in order to come away from here with a win. Simple as that.

leopoldstotch
01-16-2014, 02:39 AM
http://sgowtham.com/journal/files/20070421/n2c_100-0673.jpg

ok now read this thread with this image in your head....

no pun intended
01-16-2014, 02:42 AM
Now this thread has the potential to be a top 10 thread. The idea is there, the execution is there, and the contributors are there, but there is still that missing piece of who is going to take over and compliment Akrazotile's sheer brilliance, who by the way, is a rookie poster with just a little more than 100 posts in his career, but you have to break down the numbers and see that he's posting 37.83 posts a game and that's tremendous, something we have only seen from a few guys in this league, and what's great about this is that he's doing it with substance, he's doing it with grace, and not nonsense. He's a no nonsense player and loves to work hard at it, and whenever the reputation system returns in this league, I think he should deserve a lot of green bars.

HarryCallahan
01-16-2014, 02:53 AM
Now you gotta love what op is doing here Mike. Now you see, Jeff threw not one, but two bans at him, but he doesn't let that disrupt the offence. He makes the smart pass to Akrazotile, who knocks down the open 10-footer. Now this team right now isn't great, and you say "Well why aren't they better, with so many posters at the top of their game?" And it's because they got a lot of rookies, who don't know their roles yet. And then you say "Well Akrazotile is a rookie, and he may well be a top 5 poster in the league right now" And you'd be right, but he's a rookie in name only, he has the composure of a veteran, and a high basketball IQ, just look at the thread he made, that's a veteran move.

GoSpursGo1984
01-16-2014, 03:18 AM
G.O.A.T. Thread

talkingconch
01-16-2014, 03:19 AM

I like this thread. Manly because I don't really like Hubbie.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/70/binoculars.gif

Pushxx
01-16-2014, 03:22 AM
Now give this thread a lot of credit.

JohnFreeman
01-16-2014, 03:23 AM
"Oh alright that's just talkingconch doing what he does best, he's giving the other team all they can handle right now."

JohnFreeman
01-16-2014, 03:26 AM
"you see if you don't win the jump ball you gain possession at the start of the 2nd and 3rd quarters"

rhowen4
01-16-2014, 03:48 AM
Absolutely. Absolutely. That's one of the main keys we talked about earlier ok, you have to score the ball in order to come away from here with a win. Simple as that.
Now give this guy all the credit. He's worked very hard getting other people involved, okay. He can run a thread while still giving you at least four quality ideas per post. The creativity is there.

Jyap9675
01-16-2014, 03:48 AM
lol just turned league pass and hubie brown is on. nice thread

Patrick Chewing
01-16-2014, 03:49 AM
Now you see what's happening here? Chewing is concerned that since the thread has potential, he's forced to pick page 2 and not the 1 in order to see the thread develop. Classic fundamental progress in being part of something special. Instead of the open pass to another thread and go the route of making fun of Lebron, Chewing decides to take the shot and post in the thread. Now you see, OP's worked very hard to get everyone involved and you can see here in the replay when he sets the screen to Insidehoops, he clicks on New Thread and it opened up the lane for a late flurry of replies.

moe94
01-16-2014, 04:13 AM
Now this thread has the potential to be a top 10 thread. The idea is there, the execution is there, and the contributors are there, but there is still that missing piece of who is going to take over and compliment Akrazotile's sheer brilliance, who by the way, is a rookie poster with just a little more than 100 posts in his career, but you have to break down the numbers and see that he's posting 37.83 posts a game and that's tremendous, something we have only seen from a few guys in this league, and what's great about this is that he's doing it with substance, he's doing it with grace, and not nonsense. He's a no nonsense player and loves to work hard at it, and whenever the reputation system returns in this league, I think he should deserve a lot of green bars.

:lol

WillyJakk
01-16-2014, 04:21 AM
Great thread and great impression but you left out one of his main staples:

http://www.usatodaysportsimages.com/image/thumb/250-225/6822498.jpg
You have got to attack the basket with strong two handed finishes ok? Layups and going up with one hand will not get it done against a defense like this ok? I mean cause let's face it (Player X) is a man's man (laughing) ok and this guy will send your shot flying right back at you.

He doesn't give a sh*t if the player can dunk or not, he's still gonna say this regardless.

tomSR.
01-16-2014, 04:34 AM
ESPN and TNT have shitty color men.......that just talk and talk during gameplay.........ruins the whole game........van gundy, steve keer, brown.........old white fukks, that just needs to shut the hell up, and let the viewers enjoy the game

Driveslow
01-16-2014, 04:46 AM
ESPN and TNT have shitty color men.......that just talk and talk during gameplay.........ruins the whole game........van gundy, steve keer, brown.........old white fukks, that just needs to shut the hell up, and let the viewers enjoy the game

why you gotta bring race into it?

havoc33
01-16-2014, 04:49 AM
Hubie Brown is actually an excellent colour commentator.

no pun intended
01-16-2014, 04:53 AM
Hubie Brown is actually an excellent colour commentator.
and why do you gotta bring race into it too?

SHABBA
01-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Amazing thread :roll:

Hubie :bowdown:

Mr Feeny
01-16-2014, 08:43 AM

Now the main thing is to give this man a lot of credit, now.:bowdown:

Akrazotile
04-19-2014, 11:23 PM
:rockon:

Foster5k
04-19-2014, 11:24 PM
tomSR: "Must...type...in....bold...can...not...resist...."

Proctor
04-19-2014, 11:27 PM
I love listening to Hubie Brown. Dude is a legend. :applause:

Akrazotile
04-19-2014, 11:28 PM
What you like about this thread, Mike, is that you say to yourself, well is this thread gonna be relevant in the playoffs? And the answer is, it is. Mainly because, I can talk this way at any time, in any situation. Ok, now that's what I call useful! Understanding the situation, being a professional, talking like Hubie Brown, I mean this is really great stuff now, I mean come on now. Really great stuff.

TMac&Luther
04-19-2014, 11:29 PM

:facepalm JVG is great.. He provides great insight, but better yet, he also is funny as hell and is entertaining.

Rake2204
04-19-2014, 11:32 PM
All of this is great. I am glad this thread exists. Hubie Brown is the man.

Graviton
04-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Now first of all this is a great thread, lets not forget the efforts of the OP, he put in the work and deserves to be rewarded. But he needs to slow down the pace, play his game. His 3 main strengths are originality, subtle trolling and wordplay, he can't fall asleep and get cocky. I really like his game, he is giving us the whole show. He is doing what he does best, I mean come on.

Shaquille O'Neal
04-19-2014, 11:52 PM
So we can see here now that this is the Hubie Brown thread. Ok, so you say to yourself "Well why is this the Hubie Brown thread?" Well mainly because it's fun to talk like Hubie Brown. Now we know that when you have a forum, and a person who talks a certain way, it's just going to be natural to put them together ok. Mainly because that's just what we like to do. But now watch right here, you can see how I'm making a thread about Hubie Brown while talking like Hubie Brown. Now that's impressive.

Now see? There you go!

MavsPoke
04-20-2014, 12:24 AM

Now we know that he utters the phrase we all know about 50 times a game. And what we know about him is that he knows that we know what he is telling us because he lets us know that we all know. Another thing that we also know is that any time someone makes a play he will be sure to let us the viewers know that we all know this. So you say to yourself, Mike, if we all know what he is about to tell us, then why is he telling us what we all already know? Well, that is one thing we don't know.

HoopDreams247
04-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Now we know that he utters the phrase we all know about 50 times a game. And what we know about him is that he knows that we know what he is telling us because he lets us know that we all know. Another thing that we also know is that any time someone makes a play he will be sure to let us the viewers know that we all know this. So you say to yourself, Mike, if we all know what he is about to tell us, then why is he telling us what we all already know? Well, that is one thing we don't know.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ThePhantomCreep
04-20-2014, 12:42 AM
Now you see, this is impressive thread from the OP, but you have to understand something; He's giving you 1850+ posts since January 2014. We all know this type of quality is expected from such a prolific poster.

Nikola_
06-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Hubbie droppin knowledge :applause:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JttE4UT74k

tomtucker
06-11-2014, 07:59 PM
van gundy too.........

tanner892
06-11-2014, 08:00 PM
love this guy, Mark Jackson stinks.

no pun intended
06-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Hubbie droppin knowledge :applause:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JttE4UT74k
Look, you gotta give credit to Hubie here. He is giving phenomenal input about the changing fundamentals of the game. Now, you may ask "What does this old geezer know about basketball?" But you have to remember that this is Hubie Brown we are talking about, one of the greatest commentator of our generation. Two-time Coach of the Year and he knows his stuff, inside and out. That really is impressive.

TheMan
06-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Now this is what I'm talking about, there ya go, there ya go big fella, ya gotta give credit to the OP, he knows his strengths and he's working within the flow of the offense and creating high percentage posts.

Love me some Hubie:oldlol:

zoom17
12-18-2014, 02:38 AM
I wonder when will he retire he's 81.

ace23
12-18-2014, 02:39 AM
Lol this shit is great

stalkerforlife
12-18-2014, 03:06 AM
I love Hubie Brown.

Hey look, the guy is going to commentate hard every night. He's a double threat waiting to happen, okay? (Chuckles) I mean come on, he's been doing it for years now.

YouGotServed
12-18-2014, 03:08 AM
I love Hubie Brown.

Hey look, the guy is going to commentate hard every night. He's a double threat waiting to happen, okay? (Chuckles) I mean come on, he's been doing it for years now.

Yup. Love old man Hubbie as well. He's a joy to listen to but I definitely understand where people come from when they say he's an annoying ******.

BIZARRO
12-18-2014, 03:29 AM
Three things about this thread. One, it's a genius idea. Two, it allows for creativity. Three, it's a bastion of positivity in an otherwise sea of neverending Kobe and Lebron threads. Mike, for those of us who for years have talked to our friends and compatriots like Hubie Brown, it's a breath of fresh air. This thread has a possibility to create humor and subtle wit 93.7% of the time, and with that kind of productivity, you give this forum and your team a chance to win.

Bless Mathews
12-18-2014, 03:50 AM
Not one person put in "aight" after every sentence.

:facepalm

tomtucker
12-18-2014, 04:01 AM
espn is a joke for having so many shitty commemtators still hanging around !

Fudge
12-18-2014, 04:08 AM
I love Hubie Brown.

:roll:

Reyped when I can.

MP.Trey
12-18-2014, 07:11 AM
Best commentator in the lig.

Height Freak
12-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Now you see, he's 6'7" legitimately, he has those long arms and can play the 3,4 OR 2 if required, aight?

senelcoolidge
12-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Hubie knows more basketball than everyone else in broadcasting. He's awesome. I wish he did every game.

Optimus Prime
12-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Look, this is a classic thread, you see? Now, you may ask yourself, "Why isn't this thread stickied?" On this board, you need to finish strong. Letting this thread go since January just isn't going to get it done.

PS - Hubie is great. In fact, most of ESPN's NBA people are much, much better than TNT's.

Hotlantadude81
12-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Hubie breaks things down without endlessly sucking on players ***** like so many broadcasters do.

RidonKs
12-18-2014, 02:33 PM
:lol :lol this thread is gold

AussieG
12-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Hubie was coach of the Grizz in 2003 when they made their first playoff series, won coach of the year.

The funniest thing was listening to games on the radio (internet streaming was shit back then) and hearing him scream out from the bench, you'd have thought he was 30 or 40. He was 70ish. He'd yell at rookie PG's.. "GET IT IN" (to the post) etc. He'd be sweating the whole time, by the end of the game he'd be dripping with sweat and screaming the whole time.

10 years later and he still loves basketball as much as ever. Hubie is awesome.

sportsfan76
12-18-2014, 02:48 PM
this thread is very disrespectful

sportsfan76
12-18-2014, 02:54 PM
I wonder when will he retire he's 81.

I was told as soon as you cancel your internet service

sportsfan76
12-18-2014, 02:59 PM
My favorite hubie quote is ....."THERE YOU GO!!!!!!!!!:banana:

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Now mike, as an OP, this is something you just love to see. Everyone is getting involved and moving the idea around, and posters are stepping up and showing that they belong on this level. That's not something we are always accustomed to seeing, hum ha hm heh haha ok! But really it's just great effort, great execution, and as you can see these guys are starting to feel comfortable posting together as a unit.

Hilarious thread.

Nash
02-08-2015, 06:44 PM
There you go!

RedBlackAttack
02-08-2015, 06:44 PM
He's beyond awful. :hammerhead:

People complain about Austin Carr... at least he's entertaining. This guy is like listening to basketball muzak.

Bodhi
02-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Hubie Brown is incredible. For him to still be doing what he does at this age as well as he does it is unbelievable. We are all lucky to have him for as long as we do

Proctor
02-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Hubie Brown is incredible. For him to still be doing what he does at this age as well as he does it is unbelievable. We are all lucky to have him for as long as we do
This. :applause:

BasedTom
02-08-2015, 09:26 PM

People complain about Austin Carr... at least he's entertaining. This guy is like listening to basketball muzak.
I refuse to believe that there are people who actually believe this.

Even bringing up Austin Carr and Hubie Brown in the same sentence is disrespectful. Carr isn't even fit to smell his 90 year old farts.

sportsfan76
02-08-2015, 11:11 PM
I hate that Hubie is not on the ABC first broadcast team to call the top notch games instead of goofy ass Jeff van gundy and Mark Jackson:facepalm

BarberSchool
02-09-2015, 04:45 AM
Hubie is the ****ing best. I like Fratello more but real talk hubie has stories for days and was a hell of a players coach. Joy to listen to since I was born.

My list goes like this:

1. The Czar of the Telestrator
(Mike Fratello for all you unknowing, godless, unworthy ones)
2. Hubie Brown
3. Jeff Van Gundy

Everybody the f#@k else.

Taller than CP3
02-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Hubie is one of my favorites. I learn something new every time I hear him speak.

Eric Cartman
03-16-2015, 08:50 PM
I like his effort, but not only that, his leadership, also, Mike, his motor and defense. Watch him out there. Ok? He does alot of good things out there on the court to help the team win. Remember back in the day we loved guys that gave them all out there in the court. That's what you want to see out there.

Proctor
03-16-2015, 08:54 PM
The Breen and Hubie tandem :bowdown:

Hubie makes me re-appreciate Mike Breen. Love these two together.

dubnation
03-16-2015, 08:58 PM
I like his effort, but not only that, his leadership, also, Mike, his motor and defense. Watch him out there. Ok? He does alot of good things out there on the court to help the team win. Remember back in the day we loved guys that gave them all out there in the court. That's what you want to see out there.

... :facepalm

Nowitness
03-16-2015, 08:59 PM
The Breen and Hubie tandem :bowdown:

Hubie makes me re-appreciate Mike Breen. Love these two together.

Jackson got him demoted, that slug.

Breen is a noted Atheist, when Jackson found out he basically did the exact thing he did in San Fran and demanded conversion. When Breen said no Jackson said either Breen goes or he goes, ESPN obviously stuck by a Christian.

sportsfan76
03-16-2015, 09:22 PM

Breen is a noted Atheist, when Jackson found out he basically did the exact thing he did in San Fran and demanded conversion. When Breen said no Jackson said either Breen goes or he goes, ESPN obviously stuck by a Christian.

source?

Hey Yo
03-16-2015, 09:35 PM
all hail Hubie!

Proctor
03-16-2015, 09:38 PM

Breen got demoted to calling the marquee matchup of the night? :roll: Wow, I bet he's bummed. Bet he wishes he was calling Lakers and Warriors, like the real leading men do.

Nowitness
03-16-2015, 09:39 PM
Breen got demoted to calling the marquee matchup of the night? :roll: Wow, I bet he's bummed. Bet he wishes he was calling Lakers and Warriors, like the real leading men do.

Come playoff time the Christian will be on top again :confusedshrug:

Eric Cartman
03-16-2015, 09:49 PM

... :facepalm

See here, Mike. Firstly, he laughs, ok, that's what you want to see from him out there. Secondly, he needs to limit the facepalms from here on out *chuckles* Ok? Not good for poster chemistry.

Optimus Prime
03-16-2015, 10:20 PM
Mike Breen + Hubie Brown = All Star Broadcasting Duo

:bowdown:

ILLsmak
03-16-2015, 10:26 PM

what, hubie is awful?

He had some ****ed up hair awhile ago, but otherwise it's all good to me.

-Smak

Optimus Prime
03-16-2015, 10:27 PM

You're way wrong on this. Hubie is amazing and should be in every marquee matchup on ESPN.

Carr is almost as terrible Clyde Drexler. Almost.

Nowitness
03-16-2015, 10:27 PM
You're way wrong on this. Hubie is amazing and should be in every marquee matchup on ESPN.

Carr is almost as terrible Clyde Drexler. Almost.

Like clubbing baby seals.

King Jane
05-08-2015, 04:34 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibbzL3WPBL4ewE.gif

MP.Trey
05-08-2015, 04:37 PM
I can't stand how this guy says "Teague" properly but can't pronounce "league" properly. It's the same f*cking pronunciation.

It's not a f*cking lig.

TheMan
05-08-2015, 04:58 PM
I can't stand how this guy says "Teague" properly but can't pronounce "league" properly. It's the same f*cking pronunciation.

It's not a f*cking lig.
:no: No hating on the GOAT allowed here

Eric Cartman
05-08-2015, 05:12 PM
:no: No hating on the GOAT allowed here

That's what like to see from TheMan out there.

upside24
05-08-2015, 08:47 PM
:lol Repped.

LoneyROY7
05-08-2015, 08:50 PM
This thread delivers. :oldlol:

Clutch
05-08-2015, 08:56 PM
One of my favorite threads,it's always nice to remember :oldlol:

King Jane
07-01-2015, 01:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HlSz5tl.gif

GimmeThat
07-01-2015, 01:37 AM
pivot is the term I think of when it comes to Hubie Brown

it's not 'minor' adjustments to a plan
but the little details that others might take advantage of that he sharpens off

he'll help you raise the awareness about your game and others

probably doesn't fully buy into the statistical analysis of a player
but the statistical analysis of the game

compare him to someone like George Karl

and I think you have two very different approaches to shot clock

edit: has anyone ever done a clutch stat on coaches
and the famous 82games.com stats, FG% at 20+sec 14+sec etc.