PDA

View Full Version : Ainge is the master of the quick rebuild.

barkleynash
01-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Ainge has an excellent core in Bradley, rondo, sullinger, Jeff green and a young big with potential, kelly olynyk. He has loads of first round picks and a few tradeable assets. 2 years and they will prob. Be back on top of the Atlantic.

hawksdogsbraves
01-16-2014, 01:49 AM
The only above average player you named is Rondo, and he'll probably be gone as soon as he can prove he's healthy. The Celtics haven't even really begun to rebuild.

They do have a boatload of picks and a great young coach though, so there's definitely room for optimism. Just got to hope the ping pong balls bounce your way and that you can snag some talent further down in the draft with some of the extra picks.

BlazerRed
01-16-2014, 01:51 AM
I don't know OP. I think the Celtics will do a slow rebuild, but they'll do it properly and the Celtics will be back into in elite team in the next 5 years with a bunch of very good young talent that could be around for a while.

kNicKz
01-16-2014, 01:52 AM
There's risk involved in the draft. Let's see if these picks go their way. Teams have royally ****ed this up before :lol

Milbuck
01-16-2014, 01:55 AM
You're right about the ****load of picks and tradeable assets.

But the core itself isn't that strong. Compared to future dynasty level cores like Knight-Wiggins/Exum-Giannis-Henson-Sanders it's nothing incredible :confusedshrug:

G-train
01-16-2014, 01:56 AM
The only above average player you named is Rondo, and he'll probably be gone as soon as he can prove he's healthy. The Celtics haven't even really begun to rebuild.

They do have a boatload of picks and a great young coach though, so there's definitely room for optimism. Just got to hope the ping pong balls bounce your way and that you can snag some talent further down in the draft with some of the extra picks.

I'd say every player he listed is clearly above average, besides the rookie.

kNicKz
01-16-2014, 01:56 AM

But the core itself isn't that strong. Compared to future dynasty level cores like Knight-Wiggins/Exum-Giannis-Henson-Sanders it's nothing incredible :confusedshrug:

This account is mediocre at best

Milbuck
01-16-2014, 01:57 AM
This account is mediocre at best

Weak attempt. I'll give you another shot, dig deep and really try this time.

barkleynash
01-16-2014, 02:10 AM
Bradley/rondo is a pretty darn good backcourt and sullinger is a beast. Put some more shooters around him and have rondo spoon feeding these guys easy baskets.

barkleynash
01-16-2014, 02:11 AM
Bradley/rondo is a pretty darn good backcourt and sullinger is a beast. Put some more shooters around him and have rondo spoon feeding these guys easy baskets.
Now if ainge would have drafted the Greek freak, that core plus draft picks would be a bit scarier.

Milbuck
01-16-2014, 02:18 AM
Now if ainge would have drafted the Greek freak, that core plus draft picks would be a bit scarier.

If the C's had Giannis, that would be scary. Chip in 3 years, at the most.

Dr. Ice
01-16-2014, 02:20 AM
Eww, that's what's considered a good core nowadays?

ballup
01-16-2014, 02:22 AM
The problem is that they don't have a great wing scorer nor a defensive center.

barkleynash
01-16-2014, 02:34 AM
They have lots of cap space.

r0drig0lac
01-16-2014, 04:44 PM

:cheers: delirious

Black and White
01-16-2014, 04:47 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: I love what Ainge is doing, he has built a nice foundation to build upon, I think that he is looking at Jeff Green being a tradeable piece tho, we will see what happens before the trade deadline.

Genaro
01-16-2014, 04:57 PM
I didn't really understand why he took Joel's contract.

Black and White
01-16-2014, 04:59 PM
I didn't really understand why he took Joel's contract.

I wonder if he will try make him retire by sending him to the d-league lol

ballup
01-16-2014, 05:05 PM
I wonder if he will try make him retire by sending him to the d-league lol
Or force him to hang out with Bogans.

Black and White
01-16-2014, 05:06 PM
Or force him to hang out with Bogans.

:roll: :roll:

MMM
01-16-2014, 05:28 PM
There's risk involved in the draft. Let's see if these picks go their way. Teams have royally ****ed this up before :lol

True, but Ainge's track record in the draft is among the best and he's mainly worked with picks in the 20's. However, I could see Ainge using the picks much like how the Patriots do, the flexibility to move up in a draft, move down, or into next season draft. Heck they could package the picks for the next available star.

Black and White
01-16-2014, 05:30 PM
:roll:

True, but Ainge's track record in the draft is among the best and he's mainly worked with picks in the 20's. However, I could see Ainge using the picks much like how the Patriots do, the flexibility to move up in a draft, move down, or into next season draft. Heck they could package the picks for the next available star.

Yea I think Ainge is stockpiling the picks to make moves, we should already get I a high pick in this draft so maybe he will use some other picks in moves before the deadline.

MMM
01-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Eww, that's what's considered a good core nowadays?

Looking at contending teams;
Portland's core Aldridge, Lillard, Batum, Matthews
Indiana's core George, Hibbert, West, Stevenson
Golden State Curry, Iggy, Lee, Thompson

The Celtics aren't there yet but if they package their assets and upgrade one of Green, Sully, or Bradley.

Or if they add on to their core than I think they can contend shortly.

I would love if they could move Green plus picks and attempt to get a capable Wing player. However, it seems like the wing position is currently thin.

CelticBaller
01-16-2014, 05:53 PM
The problem is that they don't have a great wing scorer nor a defensive center.
We'll get there

Either way, we gunning for that 18 in this decade :pimp:

bigblue91
01-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Rondo, Green, and Bradley are all above-average players. Rondo is a perennial all-star. Green has the ability to be an all-star, and Bradley is the best on-ball defender in the league. They have tons of cap space. They have more than enough money to sign two all-stars. Anybody who watches basketball knows that they will be a top three seed within the next two years. Heck, they could trade their draft picks and a few young guys and be contending for the championship next year if they wanted to.

Black and White
01-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Rondo, Green, and Bradley are all above-average players. Rondo is a perennial all-star. Green has the ability to be an all-star, and Bradley is the best on-ball defender in the league. They have tons of cap space. They have more than enough money to sign two all-stars. Anybody who watches basketball knows that they will be a top three seed within the next two years. Heck, they could trade their draft picks and a few young guys and be contending for the championship next year if they wanted to.

:applause:

CeltsGarlic
01-16-2014, 06:06 PM
I like you, Millbuck, but talk shit on my Celtics just one more time, and you will end up just like them other who did that.

Ask Salty, oh yeah, thats right, dude disappeared.

MMM
01-16-2014, 06:11 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is the huge trade exception that becomes valuable this summer. Any of the Celtics fans on here have any idea on how we can use it post draft period.

Black and White
01-16-2014, 06:13 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is the huge trade exception that becomes valuable this summer. Any of the Celtics fans on here have any idea on how we can use it post draft period.

Not too sure, I wonder what Ainge is keeping the cap for???? I would love to trade a low pick for Shabazz, maybe 2 second rounders.

jdm_dc_fan
01-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Not too sure, I wonder what Ainge is keeping the cap for???? I would love to trade a low pick for Shabazz, maybe 2 second rounders.
no thanks on shabazz

Black and White
01-16-2014, 06:24 PM
no thanks on shabazz

Low risk with a potential for a high reward plus his price is low, I don't think his attitude is much of an issue with Rondo on the team

Derka
01-16-2014, 06:33 PM
I like Rondo. I like Avery. I like Sully. I like Olynyk but he has a looooong way to go. I like Jeff Green, but I'm finally out of the headspace where I believe in Jeff Green as a building block...he's a trade asset, if someone can even be convinced to take that contract on. We need a foundation big. A center who defends and scores. Without that, we're nowhere.

And, crazy as it sounds, I like Gerald Wallace playing his contract out here and moving on afterwards.

Danny's managed to acquire a lot of pieces and space that gives him room to move and look sexy to other GMs. There's no way he's using all those draft picks, so *something* is coming at the deadline or over this coming offseason.

Black and White
01-16-2014, 06:38 PM
I like Rondo. I like Avery. I like Sully. I like Olynyk but he has a looooong way to go. I like Jeff Green, but I'm finally out of the headspace where I believe in Jeff Green as a building block...he's a trade asset, if someone can even be convinced to take that contract on. We need a foundation big. A center who defends and scores. Without that, we're nowhere.

And, crazy as it sounds, I like Gerald Wallace playing his contract out here and moving on afterwards.

Danny's managed to acquire a lot of pieces and space that gives him room to move and look sexy to other GMs. There's no way he's using all those draft picks, so *something* is coming at the deadline or over this coming offseason.

Trading for an up and coming C would be good, Jeff Green plus a few picks should bring in a bit of quality, Ainge has some breathing room now, curious to see what he does with the cap space....