PDA

View Full Version : The reason we all come to ISH over RealGM?

B4llin
01-16-2014, 04:56 AM
In thinking about why I always choose ISH over RealGM when I google search NBA forum. Insidehoops is like a tabloid magazine, opinionated stuff that is entertaining. And that's what sport is, entertainment. We are obsessed with the game and the lives of the players, and what better place to enjoy that obsession that a place where everybody just says whatever crazy thing they are thinking.

This forum is filled with trolls and opinionated crap, but its EXTREMELY entertaining and enjoyable to read in comparison to the more polished RealGM forums. Insidehoops is like the TMZ basketball forum, whereas RealGM is and ESPN forum. Inside hoops is like First Take or Inside the NBA while RealGM is like Sportscenter.

Both are entertaining in their own right, and have a place in entertainment and sports discussion for different reasons. So don't take the trolling too seriously, because it is enjoyable in some crazy way.

:cheers:

Pushxx
01-16-2014, 04:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCpbn_mhkE0

Who the hell would go to another NBA forum?

no pun intended
01-16-2014, 04:59 AM
do not ever ever ever compare us to tmz

TheGreatRaptor
01-16-2014, 04:59 AM
In thinking about why I always choose ISH over RealGM when I google search NBA forum. Insidehoops is like a tabloid magazine, opinionated stuff that is entertaining. And that's what sport is, entertainment. We are obsessed with the game and the lives of the players, and what better place to enjoy that obsession that a place where everybody just says whatever crazy thing they are thinking.

This forum is filled with trolls and opinionated crap, but its EXTREMELY entertaining and enjoyable to read in comparison to the more polished RealGM forums. Insidehoops is like the TMZ basketball forum, whereas RealGM is and ESPN forum. Inside hoops is like First Take or Inside the NBA while RealGM is like Sportscenter.

Both are entertaining in their own right, and have a place in entertainment and sports discussion for different reasons. So don't take the trolling too seriously, because it is enjoyable in some crazy way.

:cheers:
Why you sucking up? trying to be a mod?:coleman:

I frequent this site because I love Jeff.

moe94
01-16-2014, 05:00 AM
Said something about 100 days of lurking after you register in order to post. I laughed my ass off and never went back.

Legends66NBA7
01-16-2014, 05:25 AM
I view the Real GM team forums from time to time.

Wavves
01-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Real GM is a piece of ****ing shit. FK*** REALGAYMEN

- ISH #1 ALWAYS AND FOREVER

Brokenbeat
01-16-2014, 05:35 AM
Lol, it's apples and oranges. That said, I think both sites could use a bit of what the other has to offer.

BlazerRed
01-16-2014, 05:41 AM
Because I'm banned at RealGM.. :facepalm

retaxis
01-16-2014, 05:49 AM
I mostly view realgm because there isn't as much emotional crap from mentally ill individuals. I know ISH draws in more viewers from time to time but its mostly from people who come here for a quick good laugh at the perceptions of the obsessed (a word OP used quite often). Sport is entertainment but it is also an interest/hobby/leisure activity not a commitment like a job and has nothing to do with your identity as a person. Someone asks you what do you do for a living very often -> identity question. No one goes around asking what NBA team you go for. Those that troll continously on this forum are fun to read, (at times), because they do not live normal lives and have little to no identity or confidence outside of internet basketball trolling.

The same way we laugh at monkeys in a zoo is the same way normal people laugh at the 'stans' and 'troll's on ISH. For entertainment.

Joyner82reload
01-16-2014, 05:55 AM
Because we all either

A: Started on realgm and got banned so we ended up here
OR
B: Started here, went to realgm and got banned, then came back here

RightToCensor
01-16-2014, 06:01 AM
Because we all either

OR
This.

dabigbaws
01-16-2014, 06:10 AM
wot is realgm

ImKobe
01-16-2014, 06:25 AM
horrible moderating, boring posters, any thread about the Lakers/Heat gets locked, etc. You can't criticize star players when they have bad games, etc.

Brokenbeat
01-16-2014, 06:28 AM
Because we all either

OR

I got banned for day, and never went back. Accused of being part of a board raid (from here, lol). Mind you, this was years before I even had an account on ISH. :facepalm

buddha
01-16-2014, 06:44 AM
never heard of realgm, but I bet it's a place for *******s like OP.

flipogb
01-16-2014, 06:48 AM
RealGM has team forums that are actually busy , but the general NBA forum isn't. so it is the opposite of ISH

I<3NBA
01-16-2014, 06:57 AM
Because we all either

OR
speak for yourself. i'm not banned there, but i prefer ISH over RGM.

sports for me is a diversion, a form of stress relief. it's not a job or a subject i need to learn. i need a laugh, not a goddamn dissertation. (although RGM's sub-forum on stats is orgasmic) (because you can't talk about stats properly here. the thread either goes ignored, or trolls come in swinging their own agenda)

Angel Face
01-16-2014, 07:14 AM
ISH is the holy grail of basketball talks.

rhowen4
01-16-2014, 07:27 AM
Because we all either

OR
LMFAO

Im so nba'd out
01-16-2014, 07:29 AM
wait there are other nba forums without trolls and stans

http://cdn.weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/fast-turtle-gif.gif

moe94
01-16-2014, 07:30 AM

Goooooooooooooooood luck.

D-FENS
01-16-2014, 10:42 AM
horrible moderating, boring posters, any thread about the Lakers/Heat gets locked, etc. You can't criticize star players when they have bad games, etc.

Exactly. They also have the Thought Police over there

CeltsGarlic
01-16-2014, 10:54 AM
The funny thing is that realGM tries hard af to be serious with legit basketball discussions, but every time I check it its always some stupid hypothetical player orientated scenarios without any basketball knowledge :lol . I often bash ISH but overall our "stupid NBA forum" is light years ahead of whatever that site has to offer.

Psileas
01-16-2014, 10:54 AM
RealGM has some top notch posters and quality discussions going on, zero tolerance for trolls, but it seems like some of its mods are so biased or incompetent that they kill its development, by ousting lots of good (or, at least, not bad) posters for minute reasons, yet they have no problem accepting way more obnoxious people who had somehow, long ago, won their trust, and somehow earned the "right" to behave in ways that would warrant bans in zero time for newcomers. Some of them have even become mods themselves. As time goes by, only people whose opinions coincide almost perfectly with those of the mods seem to be welcome.

Random pages on RealGM mods:
http://bballlover.wordpress.com/2010/05/15/raise-your-hand-if-youve-ever-hated-realgm-a-mod/
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147690503
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000208-sports-and-racing-nba/68044316
http://majorleads.blogspot.gr/2007/06/why-i-was-banned-from-realgm.html (that's the best one)

Beatlezz
01-16-2014, 10:56 AM

/r/nba (www.reddit.com/r/nba/)

CeltsGarlic
01-16-2014, 10:58 AM
If you could, Psileas, link me with at least one legit thread there, I would be grateful.

moe94
01-16-2014, 10:59 AM
/r/nba (www.reddit.com/r/nba/)

He said a good place to discuss basketball, not a circlejerk factory where saying anything remotely critical gets you banned. :coleman:

CeltsGarlic
01-16-2014, 11:08 AM
He said a good place to discuss basketball, not a circlejerk factory where saying anything remotely critical gets you banned. :coleman:
Yep. There was a dude who streamed nba games and I was watching the game and chatting on the side of the video player. Then this guy shows up, starts insulting me out of nowhere, I obviously came back at him with good stuff and dude bans me from the stream. Then I went on r/nba to say that hes a tool, and got banned while everyone goes on me to support that freaking loser of a being.

moe94
01-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Yep. There was a dude who streamed nba games and I was watching the game and chatting on the side of the video player. Then this guy shows up, starts insulting me out of nowhere, I obviously came back at him with good stuff and dude bans me from the stream. Then I went on r/nba to say that hes a tool, and got banned while everyone goes on me to support that freaking loser of a being.

Reddit is the worst place of all time. They don't even hide the fact that they don't care about new users and if you have no clout, you WILL get banned for no reason whatsoever.

Then again, this place has its fair share of garbage. Let's be real. I've seen two guys go back and forth and the guy that started it caught feelings and said he reported the dude he attacked and since the dude he attacked was a new user, the new user got banned as the other guy roams and posts "good riddance". :facepalm

fpliii
01-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Their Player Comparisons board is top notch, I don't bother with the rest of the site. Give me ISH.

Purch
01-16-2014, 11:18 AM
I go to Rgm for serious discussions and here for fun lol.

InfiniteBaskets
01-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Agree, ISH is better from an entertainment perspective. Just like the NBA is supposed to be about entertainment.

Some of the best threads of ISH such as:
Fav moments in MS paint
ESPN trade rumor thread
Playoff avatar wager threads
Random poster breakdown threads

Would not be able to survive over at RealGM.

imdaman99
01-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Said something about 100 days of lurking after you register in order to post. I laughed my ass off and never went back.
As opposed to you waiting 3 and a half years to start posting on here? Cool story, alt

Anyways, theoo says it best. ISH >>> real gaymen :oldlol:

Jasper
01-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Stuck in a rut :milton

BoutPractice
01-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Overmodding and restraint VS pure anarchy and fun.

ArbitraryWater
01-16-2014, 11:43 AM
RealGM bans you quick :lol

Trolls dont stand a chance there

Y2ktors
01-16-2014, 12:08 PM
Anyone have an account on Sports Hoopla?

Draz
01-16-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't think I've visited there enough to register

Dro
01-16-2014, 01:55 PM
I go to Rgm for serious discussions and here for fun lol.
This...lol...Some of you should get over yourselves...its just a forum and there's just as much if not more dumb sh*t posted over here than there is over there...Ill tell you one thing, Real gm does NOT have as many trolls, stans and haters of one player like you do in this forum..Hell, half of you in this thread are stans, living and dying everyday with your favorite player's performance....:rolleyes:

Honestly, I just can't remember my password over there and these forums look much, much better than real gm's...

Element
01-16-2014, 02:08 PM
I actually started out lurking on RealGM, then on ISH before finally creating an account here and shortly thereafter, on RGM. The thing about RGM is that the stupidity of the General Board is not trolling. Most of the dumb stuff said on here is trolling, and while the excessive trolling is kinda annoying you can still have real discussions, whereas on RGM's GB people are mostly legit retarded.

Their Player Comparisons board is top notch, I don't bother with the rest of the site. Give me ISH.

It's quite good, but there are some obvious trends there. A lot of times people won't bother talking actual basketball and just give you statements like "X was better on defense" backed up by empty analysis like "I didn't feel X gave a lot of effort", without actually citing what happened on the court itself.

Then, the advanced stats/efficiency brigade is in full force there. I'm no stranger to advanced stats but RGM seems to think the burden of proof is on the guys watching the game, not the statistician who's talking about s.hit he hasn't even seen. You'll get flooded with streams of never-ending RAPM, ORTG, etc.-based arguments. Sometimes they won't even listen to perfectly reasonable analysis backed up with relevant statistics, and just respond with PER, Win Shares or whatever. It's basically the perfect place for LeBron/Nash type of stans and Kobe is without a question the most disliked player on the entire board.

Mr. Jabbar
01-16-2014, 02:09 PM
ralGM is strictly moderated, only level headed basketball related discussions, its like an efficient boxscore, but oh surprise , it doesn't pass the eye test, you get bored 2 minutes into that crap. ISH is the kobe bryant of boards, it charms your eyes immediately..not to mention the ads here, always suited for my needs and great prices, there is little shopping i have to do outside them :applause:

3peated
01-16-2014, 02:13 PM
i come here for the excellent board functionality

Jailblazers7
01-16-2014, 02:13 PM
RealGM tries to hide the fact that they have a bunch of witless morons running around on that site but enforcing strict moderation to give the appearance of "serious discussion."

Im so nba'd out
01-16-2014, 02:22 PM
I do like i can snap on people on here and not get banned:cheers:

AnaheimLakers24
01-16-2014, 02:23 PM
i go there sometimes for game threads on the team forums. heavy traffic compared to the game threads here.

BoutPractice
01-16-2014, 02:38 PM
In addition to the player comparison board, they usually have more stuff on the draft, better team forums and a great gif thread (this is weird because you'd think ish would be better at this). But their good threads are threads you want to read, not post in.

Mr Exlax
01-16-2014, 02:42 PM
I only go to Real GM when I want to talk serious basketball. Everything else is what I come to ISH for.

Solefade
01-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Because we all either

OR

it's cus your a shit poster bro :lol i haven't gotten banned from there

Genaro
01-16-2014, 02:47 PM
I registered there to post the gifs I made but it tells me I suppose to wait 3 months before posting so I never posted them anyway.

CelticBaller
01-16-2014, 02:49 PM
No, I come here cause I ain't gay

Fvck realgaymen

mr.big35
01-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Its hard to navigate in Realgm

Fresh Kid
01-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Real GM iz like that red haired stepchild that nobody wanted with bosh/gay like tendencies that's fake like Lebron who don't deserve to be a legend type people :oldlol:, meanwhile we are known superstarz with dat Jordan complex dat everybody want to look up to, we bring that realness and comedy up in here, nuttin better than ISH nation:applause: :cheers:

Cold soul
01-16-2014, 03:03 PM
RealGM sucks. The mods over there are way to biased and so munch trolling on many threads/post in general. I avoid that place like the plague at all cost. I have an account over there but never post. Inside Hoops is way way better overall.