PDA

View Full Version : Nick young calls out teammates....horry/worthy agree. Kendall talks shit back

therammingman
01-16-2014, 06:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQmBW3OViDQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdZuOnCa_wQ

Quote:
KevinDing: Nick Young just "liked" this photo on Instagram mocking Kendall Marshall for not having Young's back tonight: http://t.co/VCprajPwRd

Locker room chaos

Lordsteven
01-16-2014, 06:54 AM
lmao @ ryan and kendall just watchin. might as well pull out your phones and yell worldstar.

moe94
01-16-2014, 06:56 AM
He's 100% right in this situation.

RightToCensor
01-16-2014, 07:00 AM
http://probonosportsblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/dwight-smile.jpg

coin24
01-16-2014, 07:06 AM
Hes in the right...

1 on 5:facepalm Shame on the rest of those scrubs...

JebronLames
01-16-2014, 07:22 AM
Lol james worthy comparing this foul to Andrew bynum's foul on barea

andgar923
01-16-2014, 07:36 AM
:facepalm Kendall's response

Dems is fightin' words

JohnFreeman
01-16-2014, 07:38 AM
God I hate faggy p

moe94
01-16-2014, 07:44 AM
God I hate faggy p

For sticking up for himself? :biggums:

JohnFreeman
01-16-2014, 07:51 AM

His whole demeanor. He thinks he is better then he is and you can see his teamates don't give a shit about him.

TheWeeknd
01-16-2014, 07:51 AM
reminds me of when kg shoulder checked mike miller off a screen right next to d wade. couple seconds later wade tackled kg to the floor. real teammates right there:rockon:

edit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8iaYjb4BIQ

moe94
01-16-2014, 07:53 AM
His whole demeanor. He thinks he is better then he is and you can see his teamates don't give a shit about him.

You're wearing a god damn Cousins avatar. :coleman:

rhowen4
01-16-2014, 07:54 AM
nick young is cooler than i thought. lakers as a team might need what he said to be in the air.

wagexslave
01-16-2014, 08:00 AM
As a Suns fan, after hearing his side of the story I'm more forgiving of him. I understand sometimes you get caught up in the moment and overreact. I thought he was just trying to act like a thug hardass but maybe he really did just let himself get caught up in the moment and snapped.

I just don't understand why he hit Dragic of all people but not either of the Morris twins. Dragic wasn't even in the picture until the last second while the Morris twins were the ones pushing him back. Oh well. At least he apologized to Dragic and said regrets hitting him. That was respectable of him.

JohnFreeman
01-16-2014, 08:05 AM
You're wearing a god damn Cousins avatar. :coleman:

Don't compare Young to Cousins please.

ispin69
01-16-2014, 08:07 AM
:roll: Expecting those scrub teammates to stand up for him.

Kelly trying to pull him up but what's he gonna do. Kaman is a journeyman at this point. Kaman and Meeks walking slowly lol. These guys are making small money, they aren't gonna get involved and push...then face fines. How about Nick Young grow up and control himself? Be accountable for your actions.

JohnFreeman
01-16-2014, 08:08 AM

Kelly trying to pull him up but what's he gonna do. Kaman is a journeyman at this point. Kaman and Meeks walking slowly lol. These guys are making small money, they aren't gonna get involved and push...then face fines. How about Nick Young grow up and control himself? Be accountable for your actions.

Great post, exactly my opinion.

moe94
01-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Don't compare Young to Cousins please.

Cousins is human garbage outside his incredible talent, I'm afraid.

Accountable for what actions, ispin69? Should he have held his head down after that? So you can call him a p*ssy? Get the Hansbrough treatment? Haters will find ways to hate, regardless of the situation.

JohnFreeman
01-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Cousins is human garbage outside his incredible talent, I'm afraid.

Accountable for what actions, ispin69? Should he have held his head down after that? So you can call him a p*ssy? Get the Hansbrough treatment? Haters will find ways to hate, regardless of the situation.

How is he human garbage?

STATUTORY
01-16-2014, 08:21 AM
:bowdown: kobe in suit standing up and consoling Yong

dat leadership

moe94
01-16-2014, 08:22 AM
How is he human garbage?

http://i0.wp.com/www.beyondthebuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/cousinsredick2.gif

LakersFan626
01-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Hes in the right...

1 on 5:facepalm Shame on the rest of those scrubs...

This.

While I don't mind the tank as much as some (with the high draft class and the VERY low chance that LeBron leaves Miami), that was ridiculous. Just makes you remember the days of Artest and Odom, who would definitely have backed up a teammate in that type of situation. Young's been the best player on the team this year (the reason why they're 14-25 right now) and nobody stands up for him... terrible.

SAKOTXA
01-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Anybody in this thread that doesn't agree with Young is a fu.cking ***** and a waste of a Y chromosome. Do any of you have friends in real life? Serious question. I mean friends that you know will have your back and you'll have theirs when push comes to shove? Guess not. Making the excuse of "they don't get paid as much" is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. I've stood up for my friends without expecting any money from them and a simple thank you meant the world to me and vice versa.

Also, this is where it becomes obvious that 85% of you on the site have never played any organized team sport and are just speaking out of your ass most of the time. Leave your room once in a while.

JohnFreeman
01-16-2014, 08:24 AM
http://i0.wp.com/www.beyondthebuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/cousinsredick2.gif

That makes him human garbage? :rolleyes:

If you don't want to shake hands then don't. Reddick looks like a fakkit anyway

aj1987
01-16-2014, 08:25 AM

Dude, the guy got knocked out of mid air. He was hit in the head and Len wasn't even trying to go after the ball. The guys at least should've tried to step in and stop the shoving. Do you not remember Pittman destroying Lance for Lebron Or Haslem smacking the crap out of Hansborough for Wade?

His teammates should be ashamed of themselves.

STATUTORY
01-16-2014, 08:26 AM
:facepalm this lakers team is so f@cking soft it's disgusting, it's not bad enough they are a bunch of scrubs they also don't believe in the team concept and leave their teammate out there to hang

moe94
01-16-2014, 08:31 AM

That's one of many examples. This attitude issue has plagued him his entire career. Quit acting so god damn clueless. Your stan is showing and I'm beginning to legit believe you recently heard of this guy after he started his all-star bid.

BTW, he hit Redick before this happened and caused him to fall hard. He then pulled this shit after the guy he hit came to him to say it was all good.

Yet you want to believe he's a good person?

The bold? Yeah, Cousins is definitely your type of guy. :rolleyes:

Rolando
01-16-2014, 08:32 AM
Some dude from the other team hits you and the head and knocks you down hard....Of course you expect something from your teammates.

blackification
Yup the lakers left him on an island. That is ****ed up

Look at the suns reaction, in the postgame interview Gerald Green even offered to pay if Len gets fined. Thats a teammate right there.

AirFederer
He`s so imature it hurts :banghead:

SexSymbol
01-16-2014, 08:37 AM
That's good leadership and old-school mentality. If he could get his head right in the game he'd be the best player in the league

STATUTORY
01-16-2014, 08:38 AM
that's the mentality of the best center in the league :applause:

JohnFreeman
01-16-2014, 08:39 AM
that's the mentality of the best center in the league :applause:
:applause:

Big#50
01-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Lakers. LOL

kc16
01-16-2014, 09:22 AM
:facepalm this lakers team is so f@cking soft it's disgusting, it's not bad enough they are a bunch of scrubs they also don't believe in the team concept and leave their teammate out there to hang

Agreed, it's a disappointment watching this Laker team. Most of the team is soft and it showed during that scrum. I don't blame Nick Young for what he did or what he said about the team, there is no reason to leave your teammate out like that, at least try and break up the fight.

HylianNightmare
01-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Kendall sounded like he gave no shits

clutchinho
01-16-2014, 09:41 AM
**** this team, bunch of spineless bitches

Wheres MWP when you need him.

clutchinho
01-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Anybody with a spine and beating heart knows you don't let your teammate get laid out in front of you and then just stand there grazing like a mule

Walker
01-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Coming from Australia, your team is your family and you go to war with them every time you step on the field/court/whatever.
Not backing up your team mates regardless of the situation is unacceptable. It destroys team chemistry and shows they don't give a shit about their team as a whole.

DMV2
01-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Nice of him to apologize to Dragic.

nathanjizzle
01-16-2014, 09:56 AM

a man reaches his hand out to show you mutual respect and you dont show it back?:facepalm

i wonder how far that kind of attitude will get you in the real world.

Purch
01-16-2014, 10:11 AM

Sacramento's DeMarcus Cousins has been suspended two games by the NBA for getting in a heated exchange with San Antonio Spurs broadcaster Sean Elliot after a recent game.

According to Mike Monroe of Spurs Nation, the incident stemmed from Elliot Cousins "talking trash" to Tim Duncan during the fourth quarter. After Duncan responded by blocking Cousins' shot and dropping in a few buckets of his own, Elliot responded by laying into the young Kings star during his broadcast.

"That’s why some humility is in order. You think you’re dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn’t like to talk trash," Elliot said on the air, via Spurs Nation. "But if guys start talking mess to him, he’s going to respond. All that trash talking was premature. I’m not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclub should learn from this. Don’t start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He’s going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange.”

Cousins confronted Elliot following the Spurs' 97-86 win. According to CBS Sports, he learned about Elliot's comments. But it didn't end there. Cousins took his anger into the locker room and fired back at Elliot when talking to reporters.

I'm starting to like cousins, but this isn't a good argument. You can't defend one of the most immature players in the nba, and call out another player on being immature. It's inconstant if not hypocritical

SwayDizzle
01-16-2014, 10:11 AM
what a piece of sh*t team, the lack of team chemistry is disgusting me

JohnFreeman
01-16-2014, 10:16 AM
a man reaches his hand out to show you mutual respect and you dont show it back?:facepalm

i wonder how far that kind of attitude will get you in the real world.

Apparently a multi million dollar deal playing basketball? :confusedshrug:

The Magics
01-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Nick Young is a man after my heart. From the shoe butler, to the swag and forearm throwing?

Arron Afflalo for Young. If the Magic are going to be destroyed by a chucker, I at least want it to be the one rocking a borderline high-top fade.

Do it Hennigan!

imdaman99
01-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Apparently a multi million dollar deal playing basketball? :confusedshrug:
Make no mistake, his attitude is not what got him paid. It was his basketball game and skills. If he could cut that shit out, and channel it to play like an angry man he would be the best man in the game :bowdown:

AbeVigodaLive
01-16-2014, 10:43 AM
reminds me of when kg shoulder checked mike miller off a screen right next to d wade. couple seconds later wade tackled kg to the floor. real teammates right there:rockon:

edit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8iaYjb4BIQ

Tackled him to the floor?

Did you post the wrong clip or something?

b1imtf
That's good leadership and old-school mentality. If he could get his head right in the game he'd be the best player in the league
lol

wally_world
Swaggy is classy. He took a cheap foul (im a Suns fan but come on), reacted like the way a competitive player should. Then he got shoved around by the entire Suns lineup without anyone coming to his aid. Called his teammates out like a true team player/winner would. And apologised/felt bad for his actions on the court.

I'd love him on any of my teams.

YouGotServed
01-16-2014, 10:55 AM
DeMarcus Cousins is a piece of shit. He's a crybaby, can't play defense, bad attitude, hot head, low IQ, selfish, just an overall piece of shit. Thinks he's better than he actually is because he puts up empty stats on a garbage team.

He's a cancer. With that attitude he'll be out of the league in a few years.

And yes Young has reason to be upset. What did he expect from the Lakers though? They have soft scrubs with no heart.

Charlie Sheen
01-16-2014, 11:05 AM
Anybody with a spine and beating heart knows you don't let your teammate get laid out in front of you and then just stand there grazing like a mule

:lol laid out

oh the horror
01-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Well there's a reason most of the players out there right now for the Lakers are still searching for long term contracts.

Heart and showing up for your team plays a role in this sport as well.

JUDGE WITNESS
01-16-2014, 11:15 AM
just when you thought this lakers team couldnt be anymore garbage

kells333
01-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Ive never seen as much bitchassness as im seeing in this thread. How in the fvck do you tell h to just call down after getting hit like that. Yal the type of ****** to get slapped in the face and walk away talking about im going to be the better man.

livingby3's
01-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Len made a bad foul. It was understandable for Young to react. Not even taking my team's side on this.

Marshall however should man up. Right or wrong, U back your buds up, like the Morris bros did. That statement in that interview was worse, though.

boozehound
01-16-2014, 11:42 AM
wtf ever. Dont act like a dumbass and you wont get ejected.

robert de niro
01-16-2014, 11:48 AM
How about Nick Young grow up and control himself? Be accountable for your actions.
:cheers:

IncarceratedBob
01-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Marshall Law has been on the team for like 2 weeks. Give him a break. He doesn't care about Swaggy P. The guys who have been there since day 1 should have stood up for P.

gts
01-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Marshall Law has been on the team for like 2 weeks. Give him a break. He doesn't care about Swaggy P. The guys who have been there since day 1 should have stood up for P.There's several legitimate reasons/excuses for Marshall not getting involved, only being on the team a couple weeks isn't one of them

scm5
01-16-2014, 12:28 PM
As a Suns fan, after hearing his side of the story I'm more forgiving of him. I understand sometimes you get caught up in the moment and overreact. I thought he was just trying to act like a thug hardass but maybe he really did just let himself get caught up in the moment and snapped.

I just don't understand why he hit Dragic of all people but not either of the Morris twins. Dragic wasn't even in the picture until the last second while the Morris twins were the ones pushing him back. Oh well. At least he apologized to Dragic and said regrets hitting him. That was respectable of him.

After watching the replay many times, Morris wasn't aggressive at all and was trying to help Young up right away and make sure he was okay. Morris also made no aggressive movements towards Young while Young went beserk, all he did was try to hold him back from getting in a fight.

Dragic I can't understand either, but I just assume that since he was going around Morris who was trying to hold Young back and maybe protect him from himself a little, seemed like he was trying to confront Young.

imdaman99
01-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Can someone post what Marshall said? I can't watch youtube right now. Thanks

christian1923
01-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Damn worst teammates ever

They need to sign Stephen Jackson. He is always ready to scrap for his teammates.

TMT
01-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Can someone post what Marshall said? I can't watch youtube right now. Thanks

That Nick was just seeing what he wanted to see at that point (about his teammates not backing him up) and that he should have realized they only had 7 players and he should have "chilled out".

Crown&Coke
01-16-2014, 12:48 PM
everyone of them cats who were on the floor and didn't come to Nick's aid is straight up bitchmade. Meeks slows the **** down when the shit starts to jump off. Chris Kaman was the biggest dude there and didn't give a shit. RKelly was right there for a second, and when shit started to escalate he kept his ass away from it all.

I can take an L, I can't take a bunch of bitch ass pansies on my squad. Grow a pair and stand up for one another. If Shawne Williams was still on the team, he probably would have been in there instead of Kelly. I can almost guarantee shit wouldn't have went down like it did. Shawne at least has a pair

The softness of that whole thing was so demoralizing

scm5
01-16-2014, 12:49 PM
That Nick was just seeing what he wanted to see at that point (about his teammates not backing him up) and that he should have realized they only had 7 players and he should have "chilled out".

Kendall Marshall is a bitch, he was the only one that didn't even make a move to back Young up or break apart the fight.

CeilingFan#1
01-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Lol james worthy comparing this foul to Andrew bynum's foul on barea

I found that funny too.

navy
01-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Nick Young overreacted and did you notice he wanted no part of the bigger players?

Mass Debator
01-16-2014, 12:54 PM
I understand what he was thinking, but he still lost one of his players for not stepping in. That was a hard foul to the head and I expect Nick Young to retaliate. Len made a b1tchmove.

Commentator was a b1tch too.

CeilingFan#1
01-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Kendall Marshall is a bitch, he was the only one that didn't even make a move to back Young up or break apart the fight.

All of his teammates failed him, but yes, Kendall did fail the most.

Mass Debator
01-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Nick Young overreacted and did you notice he wanted no part of the bigger players?
Alex Len was the biggest player on the floor...Dragic didn't have to approach Nick Young like that.

christian1923
01-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Typical UNC product.

Go blue devils.

L.A. Jazz
01-16-2014, 01:11 PM
The whole topic of sticking up for your teammate is stupid. There are no fights in the NBA. Nobody is going to get knocked out. No need to protect your teammate. Go back to the bench and dont risk any suspensions.

i wouldnt waste one cent of my money for Nick Young.

j3lademaster
01-16-2014, 01:12 PM
After hearing Young's side of the story, I can definitely sympathize with him. When you get taken out midair with a shot to the head you always feel like they came after you. Those of you who have balled competitively should understand this. In a league as competitive as the NBA you have to stand up for yourself. I'm not saying Young handled it perfectly; perfectly would have been just getting up looking at Len like "that was cheap, bro" and just walking away, but you really have to experience getting hit like this in a game with people watching to know how hard it really is (to walk away).

Young handled the interview perfectly, but that instagram thing... I know how he feels but he could have restrained from publically reacting to that photo and not seem so... petty.

Really feel bad for Laker fans: it's one thing to back a losing squad(hey, everyone's got to be bad at one point or another), but it must be tough to watch a team display no heart like this.

As much as I want to say Marshall is wrong, I can't say I would have gotten involved if it were me. The man is playing for a contract and isn't particularly coveted or talented, so he can't have any "problem child" or "lockeroom cancer" tags with him. But I think this may show other gm's Marshall is about his image and not his team, but maybe I'm wrong in that as well.

Just my 2 cents for anyone bored enough to read it. Feel free to ignore, agree or disagree.

scm5
01-16-2014, 01:18 PM
The whole topic of sticking up for your teammate is stupid. There are no fights in the NBA. Nobody is going to get knocked out. No need to protect your teammate. Go back to the bench and dont risk any suspensions.

It's more about solidarity and having each other's backs than it is about actually protecting your teammate. It's not like Young didn't have a legit reason in being pissed off, that was a hard foul that would have gotten most players mad.

Mass Debator
01-16-2014, 01:18 PM

All you gotta do is escort Nick to the bench. How are you risking suspension? If the Suns didn't back up Len, he would've been ejected too.

scm5
01-16-2014, 01:21 PM
All you gotta do is escort Nick to the bench. How are you risking suspension? If the Suns didn't back up Len, he would've been ejected too.

Exactly, you go in to break up the fight and make sure your teammate doesn't get suspended or hurt. You go in to protect him from himself and if need be, from the other team. You go in because you've got his back.

MP.Trey
01-16-2014, 01:21 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/rky60y.png

:roll:

robert de niro
01-16-2014, 01:22 PM
he got ejected too

Mass Debator
01-16-2014, 01:24 PM
he got ejected too
Oh my bad didn't watch the game. Still, it would've been a lot worse if the Suns didn't come between them. Fights WILL break out if not tamed so don't say the NBA is excluded from it.

Lebowski
01-16-2014, 01:39 PM

Cousins sure seems, difficult, at times..

Having said that, what is wrong with that picture? The NBA is like a collective of BFF and that is starting to piss me off. There is a videoclip of Rodman fouling Shaq, and someone, maybe Toni K, is about to lend Shaq a hand and Pippen steps in and make sure that does not happen. That is more like it, you are not best friends and he has teammates that can help him up.

On topic, Nick's teammates should have stood up for him. HOWEVER, maybe he's an annoying little prick who nobody on the Lakers like? That makes the situation different, no?

Rose'sACL
01-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Nick young is J R Smith of the west. Very few people will support him even when he is right.

RightToCensor
01-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Nick young is J R Smith of the west. Very few people will support him even when he is right.
Nick Young >>>>>>>>>>>>>> J.R. Smith

There really is no argument.

L.A. Jazz
01-16-2014, 01:56 PM
he got ejected too

thats todays NBA, and thats why i want the players to stay away. you never know what the refs and NBA are going to do.

Crown&Coke
01-16-2014, 01:56 PM
he got ejected too

Len got ejected for the flagrant 2. Which would have happened regardless. Shot to the face with both hands

Mass Debator
01-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Lol wtf. You got jokes

Mr. Jabbar
01-16-2014, 01:58 PM
they left swaggy p alone, you dont do that in dat situation :no:

Owl
01-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Presumably for
a) Getting himself ejected. Personally I don't mind it too much, in this instance, because he took a very hard foul (the problem being not so much the hardness, though it was a big on guard, but the lack of control, it wasn't a bear hug or a controlled impact it was a shove to the head/face).

and then

b) throwing his teammates under a bus when he was the one who started the fight. Then saying he was surrounded. When he was already surrounded when he chose to start a fight. Look I get him being pissed with foul and hitting back out of instinct, and then getting himself in a bad situation. Phoenix didn't help by cornering him off the court. But to blame his teammates for not ... what? Getting themselves ejected? That would have helped. Or for not doing exactly what Ryan Kelly tried to do, help Young up, calm him and get a body in the way. Young ignored him and went past him to start something.

or

c) Being disingenuous claiming only a push, it was an open hand, but it was swung and and it was to the face so its an easy ejection, and it was far from a conventional push or shove, then saying he didn't try to push Dragic (WTF? is he now claiming that it wasn't even an attempt a push or that he thought Dragic was ... Markieff???).

Any of the above would be easier to take if he was percieved as a good teammate. The present perception of him is - on court - the least willing passing guard in the game, and off court a significant player in the Wizards awful locker room culture for a number of years.

Owl
01-16-2014, 03:02 PM

Having said that, what is wrong with that picture? The NBA is like a collective of BFF and that is starting to piss me off. There is a videoclip of Rodman fouling Shaq, and someone, maybe Toni K, is about to lend Shaq a hand and Pippen steps in and make sure that does not happen. That is more like it, you are not best friends and he has teammates that can help him up.

On topic, Nick's teammates should have stood up for him. HOWEVER, maybe he's an annoying little prick who nobody on the Lakers like? That makes the situation different, no?
How does helping someone up harm anyone. You can be annoyed about buddy buddy stuff, fair enough (personally I just care about the basketball, if it isn't a distraction from that I really don't care). Cousins is immature and he's needlessly making enemies and motivating opponents (and if he keeps up stuff like pulling Thomas away from Chris Paul, presumably irritating teammates). I don't like that stuff in general but if it comes from a genuine leader it at makes internal sense as a team mentality (us against the world). But Boogie has shown very little thus far in the way of leadership, that I've seen at least and without respected leader status it just looks immature and showing a lack of class.

Lebowski
01-16-2014, 03:28 PM
How does helping someone up harm anyone. You can be annoyed about buddy buddy stuff, fair enough (personally I just care about the basketball, if it isn't a distraction from that I really don't care). Cousins is immature and he's needlessly making enemies and motivating opponents (and if he keeps up stuff like pulling Thomas away from Chris Paul, presumably irritating teammates). I don't like that stuff in general but if it comes from a genuine leader it at makes internal sense as a team mentality (us against the world). But Boogie has shown very little thus far in the way of leadership, that I've seen at least and without respected leader status it just looks immature and showing a lack of class.

I was more talking about just that situation pictured, used as a reference to him (and anyone that does that) being a jerk. His other acts and what not, I don't care for.

Crown&Coke
01-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Really feel bad for Laker fans: it's one thing to back a losing squad(hey, everyone's got to be bad at one point or another), but it must be tough to watch a team display no heart like this.

Thats the most disheartening part of it all. There was zero effort to look out for a so called "brother"

By all accounts everyone loves Young Sushi on the team. So why the lackadaisical attitude when there are 4 dudes running up on him

When Teletovic grabbed Lebron last week, the first guy in the mix was the smallest dude on the court, Chuck Norris Cole. And that "foul" was complete bullshit. All it was, Bron got barely touched on the face and Tele was then backing up with his hands up. No follow through no nothing. The tech was bogus as fvck

When David West was stepping to Rio in the playoffs last year, UD pushed Chalmers out the way and got right into D.West's face.

It aint about acting tough, it aint about trying to fight, it's about making a point to the other team that you aint going to take liberties on my guy.

G-train
01-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Maybe there is a reason no one cared he got hard fouled trying to dunk on someone, then ridiculously got straight up and tried to fight the guy protecting the basket.

MUGEN
01-16-2014, 04:32 PM
Have to side with Nick Young on this one. The dude was ganged up and LA team mates were absolutely pathetic in how they responded

Black and White
01-16-2014, 04:33 PM
You always have to stand up for your brother on the court, bad look for some of the Laker players

PistonsFan#21
01-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Maybe there is a reason no one cared he got hard fouled trying to dunk on someone, then ridiculously got straight up and tried to fight the guy protecting the basket.

that wasnt even protecting the basket it was just a dirty foul. People are bashing Young for standing up for himself but would be quick to call him soft like they do with Blake Griffin if he just took it without responding.

Even the greatest of all time MJ got heated at times and started a fight with Reggie Miller because of some trash talk

TheWeeknd
01-16-2014, 04:35 PM
cant really blame them tho. this is their first season as teammates(for most of them anyways).

i dont think they had a chance to bond yet. especially with these losses

Twiens
01-16-2014, 04:36 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/rky60y.png

:bowdown:

BigMacAttack
01-16-2014, 04:56 PM

Hahaha he doesnt shake his hand so is garbage....pull your skirt up you big girl.

This isnt little league ffs.

moe94
01-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Hahaha he doesnt shake his hand so is garbage....pull your skirt up you big girl.

This isnt little league ffs.

Disrespecting a handshake means you're hard. Disrespecting the handshake of someone you injured makes you hard.

Legends66NBA7
01-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Lot of us might have reacted the same way, it happens. Human nature. Some might have acted differently, which would be great, but I doubt would have been the case.

As for the Cousins comparison... Forget the handshake. Cousins talking down to his coach, getting him fired and getting suspended by his own team (conduct determinal... twice). How is he an example of better behaviour ? Just because he's better than Young, doesn't make his attitude better.

Legends66NBA7
01-16-2014, 06:21 PM
And there's nothing wrong with what Kendall Marshall said either. If anything, he understood his team's position better.

moe94
01-16-2014, 06:23 PM
And there's nothing wrong with what Kendall Marshall said either. If anything, he understood his team's position better.

All he understood was that he's a punk who isn't down to help his teammates and would rather they get stomped on then do anything about it.

Replay32
01-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Nick Young is 100% correct and I completely understand his reaction to the foul. His teammates on the floor are a bunch of pansies. That was a hard foul man. He got hit hard around the head mid air causing a dangerous fall. WTF was Marshall doing. :facepalm

Legends66NBA7
01-16-2014, 06:29 PM
All he understood was that he's a punk who isn't down to help his teammates

He played 43 minutes last night trying to win a game for his team. So you can toss "helping his teammates" out of the window. Did you the miss part where he said that they 7 other guys on the team ? So where does this "helping teammates" stuff not factor in ?

Le Shaqtus
01-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Cousins is a little bitch doe

Replay32
01-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Agreed, it's a disappointment watching this Laker team. Most of the team is soft and it showed during that scrum. I don't blame Nick Young for what he did or what he said about the team, there is no reason to leave your teammate out like that, at least try and break up the fight.

This!!!!

:applause:

moe94
01-16-2014, 06:36 PM
He played 43 minutes last night trying to win a game for his team. So you can toss "helping his teammates" out of the window. Did you the miss part where he said that they 7 other guys on the team ? So where does this "helping teammates" stuff not factor in ?

Why are you comparing what he did on the court in terms of ball and whether he's ready to physically help a teammate getting ganged up on? He didn't even budge and watched that entire sequence like a movie. He's like the dude who sees his boy get jumped and bounces. He's that guy.

Solefade
01-16-2014, 06:38 PM
gotta side with nick young here, if these are the guys i'm in the locker room with ...no thanks.

Solefade
01-16-2014, 06:39 PM

you must be white (like kelly and kaman) or a really bad friend :lol

if your friend is getting jumped, are you going to do nothing and then justify it to your friend like: "maybe you shouldn't have gotten so mad"

rlsmooth775
01-16-2014, 06:42 PM
We dont know Nick Young he could be a jerk teammates aren't always friends with each other

Legends66NBA7
01-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Why are you comparing what he did on the court in terms of ball and whether he's ready to physically help a teammate getting ganged up on?

What he did on the court has much more value than getting himself ejected out of the game he would jumped in. Could he have done something ? Maybe. But then Nick called everyone else out. What ? Are they supposed to all gang up on Alex Len ? Is Nash and Kobe supposed to jump in from the street clothes ? I've seen player do that before too. But then again, they realize their pro athletes and acted like pros.

Like I said before, I don't blame Nick Young for having a reaction like that. It's hard to ever restrain yourself when you get knocked in the face. I don't see what Kendall's doing wrong as pro when he doesn't need that backlash. He's got bigger things to be concerned about rather than helping out a tenured player. If Young's got beef with teammates, call out your veterans if it's such a problem.

swagga
01-16-2014, 06:47 PM
nick young the scrubbest of scrubs. he got swag tho gotta give him det :lol

Black and White
01-16-2014, 06:49 PM
nick young the scrubbest of scrubs. he got swag tho gotta give him det :lol

So the biggest scrub goes 1 on 1 with LeBron James??? :rolleyes:

KyrieTheFuture
If my friend does some dumb ass shit I'm not gonna protect his dumb ass if he tries to fight 5 people. However, I also wouldn't just stand there and watch. At least pull the man away if you won't fight with him.

moe94
What he did on the court has much more value than getting himself ejected out of the game he would jumped in. Could he have done something ? Maybe. But then Nick called everyone else out. What ? Are they supposed to all gang up on Alex Len ? Is Nash and Kobe supposed to jump in from the street clothes ? I've seen player do that before too. But then again, they realize their pro athletes and acted like pros.

Like I said before, I don't blame Nick Young for having a reaction like that. It's hard to ever restrain yourself when you get knocked in the face. I don't see what Kendall's doing wrong as pro when he doesn't need that backlash. He's got bigger things to be concerned about rather than helping out a tenured player. If Young's got beef with teammates, call out your veterans if it's such a problem.

Are you saying it's because they're professionals that he's excused?

Or are you saying if you and I were hooping against some guys and I got jumped and you fled or watched that I should not be upset because of that crisp no look pass you gave me earlier on?

Solefade
01-16-2014, 06:52 PM

As a professional, that's fine. But you lose the respect of a lot of your teammates in the locker room.

oarabbus
01-16-2014, 06:53 PM

Cousins laid down a real dirty foul on Redick... ended up he tore ligaments in his elbow and that's why Redick was out for 6 weeks. Redick goes out of his way to say "it's all good man" and Cousins acts like a little ****... it's not about the shaking hands. It's about undercutting someone to the point they get injured and then having the audacity to walk away when they come to you to say its cool.

When people show you respect, you show respect back. It doesn't matter if they are "lesser" than you, you reciprocate respect. In fact, the worst kind of people are those who show respect to those in positions above them but treat those below them poorly, whether it's a waiter or a bellhop or whatever.

Also, that's pretty ****ing whack that none of the Lakers stood up for Young. At the very least you got to be there next to your teammate, holding him back, getting in between him and the Suns, etc. Come on now y'all they're on the same team and you got to stick up for your teammates under any circumstances.

Crown&Coke
01-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Twitter
NBA Communications: LAL's Young Suspended one game w/o pay; Suns' Len Fined $15k, Marcus Morris Fined $25k for incident last night.

I think Len got hit too hard.

boozehound
01-16-2014, 06:56 PM
you must be white (like kelly and kaman) or a really bad friend :lol

if your friend is getting jumped, are you going to do nothing and then justify it to your friend like: "maybe you shouldn't have gotten so mad"
you sound like a complete idiot saying he got "jumped". Sure, Len's foul was flagrant and called as such. SMFH at young getting jumped. so ****ing childish and dumb.

ihoopallday
01-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Damn that's like going to a party with your bros, getting into an altercation and they're nowhere to be found. That was a pretty hard foul and I don't blame Young for his reaction.

Legends66NBA7
01-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Are you saying it's because they're professionals that he's excused?

I'm only looking at this in terms of professionalism. What Young did wasn't professional, but in the heat of the moment, nobody blames him for reacting that way. Am I supposed to really blame Ryan Kelly, Jodie Meeks, and Chris Kaman for not trying hard enough to come into Young's defense ? Off course not and they were closer to the altercation.

Besides, they probably thought the same way as Marshall, they had game to win. It's not streetball, it's the pros. These guys got other things to worry about if they got into a fight on the court.

Legends66NBA7
01-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Damn that's like going to a party with your bros, getting into an altercation and they're nowhere to be found.

The comparison isn't even close.

ispin69
Disgusting. Young was the only one that swung and escalated the situation and didn't even get a fine just one game suspension no pay? The morris brothers didn't do anything but keep SwaggyP from fighting Len.

What a joke of a league. NOW do you blame Kendall Marshall for staying away? Just being near the altercation gets you baited into trouble and heavy fines.

swagga
So the biggest scrub goes 1 on 1 with LeBron James??? :rolleyes:

the biggest scrub dumb enough to go one-on-one instead of play in a team concept. You 12? :biggums:

Only thing that's logical is that coach decided to do this 4 the tank. But even so, he should know his place. Nick young is shit tbh, not the shit, just shit. Cancer of a player if i ever saw one. On a playground that boy would get his ass whooped real fast.

Solefade
01-16-2014, 07:06 PM
you sound like a complete idiot saying he got "jumped". Sure, Len's foul was flagrant and called as such. SMFH at young getting jumped. so ****ing childish and dumb.

lol you totally missed the point but ok

ihoopallday
01-16-2014, 07:08 PM
The comparison isn't even close.

:lol Yeah after I wrote that, I realized that was a bad comparison. The only real life situation I've had that's similar to that was in basic training, but that would take too long to explain.

Black and White
01-16-2014, 07:11 PM
the biggest scrub dumb enough to go one-on-one instead of play in a team concept. You 12? :biggums:

Only thing that's logical is that coach decided to do this 4 the tank. But even so, he should know his place. Nick young is shit tbh, not the shit, just shit. Cancer of a player if i ever saw one. On a playground that boy would get his ass whooped real fast.

Nick Young's play style is a volume shooter, he is streaky but when he is hot he is hot, he fits this offense perfectly. He is a quality player, Kwame Brown is what you call a scrub.

Legends66NBA7
01-16-2014, 07:11 PM
:lol Yeah after I wrote that, I realized that was a bad comparison. The only real life situation I've had that's similar to that was in basic training, but that would take too long to explain.

All good.

Army training, right ? Would there be a part where you have drown in a pool and then you have to wait for your buddies come get you ?

ihoopallday
01-16-2014, 07:15 PM
All good.

Army training, right ? Would there be a part where you have drown in a pool and then you have to wait for your buddies come get you ?

Yeah, Army. We didn't do that. Sounds like something they'd do in the Navy. Basic training nowadays is way too easy in all branches to be honest. Even Airborne school was easy. Now Special forces, rangers, etc. is a whole other story. :lol Maybe I'll grow some balls to try it out later in my career.

Lordsteven
01-16-2014, 07:17 PM
If my friend does some dumb ass shit I'm not gonna protect his dumb ass if he tries to fight 5 people. However, I also wouldn't just stand there and watch. At least pull the man away if you won't fight with him.

i wouldnt say nick young reacted like a dumb ass. the dude got hit in the face in mid air and got laid out. any normal person with self respect wouldve done the exact same thing and stood up for himself. if my friend/teammate is startin trouble for no reason then sure, handle that on your own. but if i saw him get whacked in the face then of course im gonna at LEAST defend him

TexasBloodMoney
01-16-2014, 07:23 PM
What did he want his teammates to do? hold him back so he looks tough? And then when that didn't work he goes after Dragic who wasn't involved the way the Morris twins were.

99% of the time there are no punches thrown and no one actually gets hurt. Scuffles just turn into shoving wars.

That said, that was a bad foul from Len.

swagga
01-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Nick Young's play style is a volume shooter, he is streaky but when he is hot he is hot, he fits this offense perfectly. He is a quality player, Kwame Brown is what you call a scrub.

kwame brown was a 10 and 10 exceptional post D and he was never a cancer in the loker room. Nick young gives you 20 points and gives the other team 30, moreover he thinks he's the shit because he's as dumb JR #yolo #swag smith, same player really. You don't pass and you're not kobe/bron/durant you get the bench, simple as that.

I don't give 2 shits if he gets hot, those guys should be in the D-league if the coaches weren't on some tanking quest or just plain dumb like woodson.

He the definition of a scrub. At least a smart scrub would not drag his team down and wouldnt have the nerve to think he anything else than a scrub.

Arguing with kids :sleeping

Black and White
01-16-2014, 07:25 PM
kwame brown was a 10 and 10 exceptional post D and he was never a cancer in the loker room. Nick young gives you 20 points and gives the other team 30, moreover he thinks he's the shit because he's as dumb JR #yolo #swag smith, same player really. You don't pass and you're not kobe/bron/durant you get the bench, simple as that.

I don't give 2 shits if he gets hot, those guys should be in the D-league if the coaches weren't on some tanking quest or just plain dumb like woodson.

He the definition of a scrub. At least a smart scrub would not drag his team down and wouldnt have the nerve to think he anything else than a scrub.

Arguing with kids :sleeping

Lol

Nick Young >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JR Smith

ABfor3
01-16-2014, 07:29 PM
This is pathetic, where's your teammates? All I've seen from posters are ohh they don't wanna get involved because they'll get a hefty fine, I'm sorry but where I come from..if your teammates stand up for you like family like they SHOULD, they shouldn't be worried about the punishment. That's what separates a great team from a bad team. Nick Young had every right to react the way he did.

KyrieTheFuture
01-16-2014, 07:35 PM
i wouldnt say nick young reacted like a dumb ass. the dude got hit in the face in mid air and got laid out. any normal person with self respect wouldve done the exact same thing and stood up for himself. if my friend/teammate is startin trouble for no reason then sure, handle that on your own. but if i saw him get whacked in the face then of course im gonna at LEAST defend him
I woulda flipped too but I'm referring to hitting Dragic in the face. Why punch the very last person to show up who is also conveniently the smallest person?

oh the horror
01-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Any of you that agree his teammates shouldn't have gotten involved care to explain why James Worthy and Rob Horry both agreed that they should have?

These are NBA veterans themselves.

No one is sayin to run into the huddle swinging but to stand there and watch is pathetic.

GASOL IS GOAT
01-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Yayy, locker room drama= More losses= higher draft pick :cheers:

On another note, I'm proud at Young for standing up for himself. It's a shame nobody came to his aid, if Kobe, Gasol, Blake, or Faarmar was on the court they'd certainly would have backed him up. It's these kinds of times I really miss MWP too and to all you people calling Nick Young a scrub. Lebron would have laid on the ground for 30 seconds while faking a seizure letting his teammates fight his battles.

mans1ay3r
01-16-2014, 07:42 PM
One of the Morris twins shoved Young hard as soon as he got up, before he even did anything. wtf was that? Another Laker should have came and should have shoved right back. I bet that's when he lost track of Len and confused Dragic for him.

Lordsteven
01-16-2014, 07:44 PM
I woulda flipped too but I'm referring to hitting Dragic in the face. Why punch the very last person to show up who is also conveniently the smallest person?

yea, i was confused when he hit dragic when marcus clearly shoved him like twice. gonna give nick benefit of the doubt that he thought dragic was comin to shove him too but beat him to it. waitin on smallest dude to come up and then swing is a b**ch move

YouGotServed
01-16-2014, 07:45 PM
The Lakers scrub (I don't know his name, the white soft who shoots weird) is right. The smart thing to do was to back off. Lakers already have a depleted roster why would he put himself in a position to get ejected? Why test the refs? Who knows what could have happened if Young's teammates intervene. Usually things tend to escalate. So he's right, however that doesn't mean he isn't a bitch. In this case being rational and being a bitch aren't mutually exclusive.

He watched his teammate get bullied like that and didn't do anything about it. :oldlol: He just stood there and let the Morris push his teammate like a kid. That's f*cked up on so many levels. How do you watch your friend get hit in the head like that and NOT react? :facepalm Definition of a f*ggot. Sure, it was only logical to not get involved, he has a point. That doesn't mean we can't call him a bitch, because he is.

The Lakers except Young are a bunch of p*ssies.

Lordsteven
01-16-2014, 07:46 PM
One of the Morris twins shoved Young hard as soon as he got up, before he even did anything. wtf was that? Another Laker should have came and should have shoved right back. I bet that's when he lost track of Len and confused Dragic for him.

as pissed as id be, i dont think id be able to confuse those 2, they're like almsot a foot difference in height

oh the horror
01-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Rick Fox also stating that it wasn't right either.

Eh. Whatever. It is what it is. Team is a mess this season.

BigMacAttack
01-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Disgraceful from the Lakers imo. For Antoni to defend this shows how ****ed that team is.

Knicks102
01-16-2014, 08:47 PM
lmao @ ryan and kendall just watchin. might as well pull out your phones and yell worldstar.

KungFuJoe
01-16-2014, 09:00 PM
This isn't even a team...buncha guys fighting for whatever scraps they can get, hoping to last in the NBA. This is more like a D-league team to be honest...every man for themselves.

And I'm sure some of them harbor some jealousy towards Nick because he's getting all the spotlight and he's a punk show off...with talent, which makes it worse for everyone else.

So really hard to say. I'm always down to backup my teammates if I feel they were wronged. But if one of my teammates was yappin his head off left and right and got smacked for it...well...excuse me if I don't drop what I'm doing that moment and jump to his rescue.

Eric Cartman
01-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Lakers are such a trainwreck this season without even trying.

boozehound
01-16-2014, 09:14 PM
young had already stepped back into the scrum. Telling it like the morris shoved him as he got up is ludicrous. Hes already coming back at Len before the morris shoves him.

ihoopallday
01-16-2014, 09:28 PM
Wonder what Metta World Peace would've done in this situation

GoRapz
01-17-2014, 12:14 AM
SMH Kendall Marshall needs to be waived ASAP :facepalm

TheMilkyBarKid
01-17-2014, 12:46 AM
Teammates dont care if he's getting roughed up, its an indicator of what young is as a teammate, as well as how they lakers are not a unified unit at the moment.
And to the poster above bringing lebron into this, bitch please. At least if lebron took a swing it'd be stronger than that weak ass punch swaggy threw. Young plays like ghetto trash and fights like a ghetto bitch.

ZenMaster
01-17-2014, 01:18 AM
Rick Fox also stating that it wasn't right either.

Eh. Whatever. It is what it is. Team is a mess this season.

It became a mess, wonder what happened because before Kobe came back Lakers had about the best chemistry in the league. They where fighting for .500 then but that seems too far away now, perhaps players are starting to quit the team and worry more about themselves.

Kendall Marhsall not getting involved is obvious against players who where his teammates a short while ago.

chosen_one6
01-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Why is this news? All of these players will be irrelevant in a few years.

Done_And_Done
01-17-2014, 02:02 AM

I concur...

I've been coming around to Cousins a little more as of late. He's one of the few guys out there that doesn't buy into the fraternity boys club type culture that's commonplace in today's game. Despite his questionable decision making at times, one can't deny that he's a fierce competitor who's not concerned with making friends. Can't believe I'm saying this right now but I wish the league saw more players like Demarcus in this sense...

Legends66NBA7
01-17-2014, 02:20 AM
This is pathetic, where's your teammates? All I've seen from posters are ohh they don't wanna get involved because they'll get a hefty fine, I'm sorry but where I come from..if your teammates stand up for you like family like they SHOULD, they shouldn't be worried about the punishment. That's what separates a great team from a bad team. Nick Young had every right to react the way he did.

Um, no matter what the likes of Kendall Marshall, Ryan Kelly, Jodie Meeks, and Chris Kaman did... sticking up for Young, isn't going to make them a great team.

Again, I don't know why some of you are comparing what you would do in the situation. You guys aren't pros and this isn't street ball. Totally different scenarios.

Mr.Kite
01-17-2014, 02:30 AM
Um, no matter what the likes of Kendall Marshall, Ryan Kelly, Jodie Meeks, and Chris Kaman did... sticking up for Young, isn't going to make them a great team.

Again, I don't know why some of you are comparing what you would do in the situation. You guys aren't pros and this isn't street ball. Totally different scenarios.

none of these four guys can afford to pay a $15,000 fine. nick young is on his own

RoseCity07
01-17-2014, 02:35 AM
I think it's hilarious that it happened to Nick Young. It's a testament to how much of a loser he is and how no one respects him. I wouldn't have his back, Nick Young is a loser.

Dro
01-17-2014, 02:35 AM
I agree with what someone else...Maybe Nick Young isn't a good teammate? Maybe he's an annoying little prick like someone else said...Do you guys know if he gets along with teammates? There has to be some reason that not ONE of your teammates comes to your aid and its hard for me to believe its because THEY are all b*tches...I think its more to it than that.

Mr.Kite
01-17-2014, 02:41 AM
I agree with what someone else...Maybe Nick Young isn't a good teammate? Maybe he's an annoying little prick like someone else said...Do you guys know if he gets along with teammates? There has to be some reason that not ONE of your teammates comes to your aid and its hard for me to believe its because THEY are all b*tches...I think its more to it than that.

They all broke bitches who can't afford a 15,000 dollar fine.

i doubt these bitches would back up kobe

oh the horror
01-17-2014, 02:42 AM

The word from press out here is the lockerroom is good. This is why it was so ridiculous that no one came to his aid.

oh the horror
01-17-2014, 02:43 AM
I think it's hilarious that it happened to Nick Young. It's a testament to how much of a loser he is and how no one respects him. I wouldn't have his back, Nick Young is a loser.

Well good thing you aren't a professional ball player. Because YOU would be in the wrong among your teammates dude.

tpols
01-17-2014, 02:47 AM
Read up on Nick Young before you talk shit.. hes actually come extremely far in life. Far from a loser. And his teammates are cowards.

moe94
01-17-2014, 02:50 AM
Read up on Nick Young before you talk shit.. hes actually come extremely far in life. Far from a loser. And his teammates are cowards.

Why is that guy so damn angry anyway? Why does he act like he knows him personally like dude stole his girl?

Dro
01-17-2014, 02:56 AM
The word from press out here is the lockerroom is good. This is why it was so ridiculous that no one came to his aid.
Well if this is the case, then I agree, it was horrible nobody had his back...By the way, I wasn't saying he is or is not a knucklehead. He seems like a good teammate, he just has bad shot selection, but there's plenty of guys like him in the league, JR Smith, Jamal Crawford, Jordan Crawford, Nate Robinson, etc...They just happen to be better players...

RoseCity07
01-17-2014, 03:39 AM

In terms of money he's winning. He's still an immature sh*t head. He's like a smiley version of JR Smith.

JohnFreeman
01-17-2014, 03:40 AM
I concur...

I've been coming around to Cousins a little more as of late. He's one of the few guys out there that doesn't buy into the fraternity boys club type culture that's commonplace in today's game. Despite his questionable decision making at times, one can't deny that he's a fierce competitor who's not concerned with making friends. Can't believe I'm saying this right now but I wish the league saw more players like Demarcus in this sense...
:cheers:

ProfessorMurder
01-17-2014, 03:42 AM
Well if this is the case, then I agree, it was horrible nobody had his back...By the way, I wasn't saying he is or is not a knucklehead. He seems like a good teammate, he just has bad shot selection, but there's plenty of guys like him in the league, JR Smith, Jamal Crawford, Jordan Crawford, Nate Robinson, etc...They just happen to be better players...

He wouldn't need anyone to get his back if he just walked it off like a bad ass. He fell on his ass and didn't get hurt, he didn't have to come up swinging.

JohnFreeman
01-17-2014, 03:43 AM
Jalen Rose voice: 'HOLD MEEE BACKKKK"

Dro
01-17-2014, 03:55 AM
He wouldn't need anyone to get his back if he just walked it off like a bad ass. He fell on his ass and didn't get hurt, he didn't have to come up swinging.
Yeah,I agree...

tomSR.
01-17-2014, 03:55 AM
young is getting a bit too cocky..........this is the Lakers son, your ass can be shipped out any minute no matter how good (you think ) you are

Cali Syndicate
01-17-2014, 06:02 AM
Youre teammate just got smashed....****ing come to his aid. This is your teammate. Streetball is one thing where your teamamtes are possibly just people you see around and all but in this case, these are guys you see everyday. Is there no comradery? No one is saying punches needed to be thrown to show you have his back but damn at least get involved. Kinda messed up to let your own teammate get bodied up like that.

Done_And_Done
01-17-2014, 08:30 AM
Youre teammate just got smashed....****ing come to his aid. This is your teammate. Streetball is one thing where your teamamtes are possibly just people you see around and all but in this case, these are guys you see everyday. Is there no comradery? No one is saying punches needed to be thrown to show you have his back but damn at least get involved. Kinda messed up to let your own teammate get bodied up like that.

Agreed...

Some urgency on behalf of his teammates to diffuse the altercation would have sufficed. Not one single player rushed in the scrum to mediate the situation. That's telling of a roster that is clearly not a cohesive unit...

melih69
01-17-2014, 09:18 AM
yep. you're meant to be brothers out there together on the court. i hate faggy p but he has a slight point.

Charlie Sheen
01-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Agreed...

Some urgency on behalf of his teammates to diffuse the altercation would have sufficed. Not one single player rushed in the scrum to mediate the situation. That's telling of a roster that is clearly not a cohesive unit...

The players are not oblivious to the fact their future is not with the lakers. Why carry around some immature rep when you're looking for your 3rd and 4th team since being drafted? Nick Young's short temper ain't worth that. He's not scoring you a multiyear deal for being his enforcer or his friend.

kNIOKAS
01-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Why does he have to say "Dradgic"? What with this midgets' brain

Ill Will
01-17-2014, 09:52 AM
you can't blame nick for reacting, if you do you've never played competitively. shit i've reacted for less

Nick Young
01-17-2014, 10:53 AM
yep. you're meant to be brothers out there together on the court. i hate faggy p but he has a slight point.
Are we forgetting that Marshall came from the D-league on a short term contract and has only been with the Lakers for about a week? Not really enough time to become brothers with anyone. Also he is playing for a contract extension and if he got in a fight they'd probably not resign him.

Yes Marshall was thinking only of himself, but can anyone really blame him? He's there for short term and then gone.

AintNoSunshine
01-17-2014, 11:09 AM
If I'm Kendall Marshall I would have a hard time looking Nick Young in the eye for the next 2 months.:facepalm What a bish of a teammate, shame on him, and the rest of the guys too really

retaxis
01-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Anyone even consider the possibility that there is already (before the incident) beef in the locker room? It is very often when two people on the same team have very conflicting ideas and approaches to their game and conflict will often arise. Who is to say that Nick Young didn't bad mouth kendal Marshall's ability to play in the league and perhaps stated along the lines of "you don't deserve to be in the NBA" etc. Not saying he did but it could always be a possiblity.

Would you run to your team mates help if they were the one trying to sabotage your career while you were on the same team? Its a hard question to answer all within 2 seconds (time taken for the ordeal to happen) so I don't particular blame Marshal especially if there were already some things happening before hand in the locker room (which sounds like it). Swaggy P learned a lesson today: don't be a self obssessed idiot and maybe your team mates will be there for you next time.