PDA

View Full Version : Tim Grover book...

fpliii
01-16-2014, 03:34 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Relentless-From-Good-Great-Unstoppable/dp/1476710937/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389900494&sr=8-1&keywords=tim+grover

One of the reviews states:

"I am fairly sure that many who are drawn to this book are looking for anecdotes involving Jordan, Kobe and Wade. None here. At least nothing of interest, and the author himself says so by claiming that whatever happens between the client and him stays with them. Professional, but the advertising is very misleading."

What info exactly does each book contain about Jordan/Kobe/Wade? Does it paint a timeline of when each worked out with him (and what changes there were to their regimens over their partnerships with Grover)? Does it discuss what each of the three looked to get out of weight training? Is there any comparison between their respective regimens?

:confusedshrug:

fpliii
01-17-2014, 11:13 PM
bump, any thoughts? Kindle edition is only 11 bucks, so I'm considering picking it up if there's any useful information on Jordan/Kobe/Wade.

JohnFreeman
01-17-2014, 11:15 PM
Sounds very boring

fpliii
01-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Sounds very boring
The book sounds like shit for the most part (especially motivational stupidity), but I'm interested in reading about the years he worked with those three dudes, and how heavy the regimens were. It's interesting learning about how some of the greats developed IMO.

JohnFreeman
01-17-2014, 11:38 PM
The book sounds like shit, but I'm interested in reading about the years he worked with those three dudes, and how heavy the regimens were. It's interesting learning about how some of the greats developed IMO.
I would say he doesn't speak about them much. IF that reviewer is correct

fpliii
01-17-2014, 11:40 PM
I would say he doesn't speak about them much. IF that reviewer is correct
That's what I'm thinking, but I'm not sure if he's just speaking about like behind the scenes shit. Really, I just want like a timeline about when he worked with them what kind of shit they did.

Solefade
01-17-2014, 11:53 PM
if it's only 11 bucks, why don't you just find out yourself? it seems like it's interesting and cheap enough to give it a try

would like a synopsis after tho

fpliii
01-18-2014, 12:37 AM
if it's only 11 bucks, why don't you just find out yourself? it seems like it's interesting and cheap enough to give it a try

would like a synopsis after tho
lol I might give it a shot.

EDIT: Just did.

fpliii
01-18-2014, 12:46 AM
Quote on MJ:

[QUOTE]Relentless is about achieving the impossible. I know for a fact that anyone can do it. When I was still in high school, just a 5'11" basketball player in Chicago, I was watching a North Carolina game on television and saw Michael Jordan for the first time. He was a skinny freshman with moves I had never seen, completely instinctive and natural; he just knew what to do out there without even thinking about it. I didn

I<3NBA
01-18-2014, 12:52 AM
why'd you fork over 11 bucks? you can get it for free.

fpliii
01-18-2014, 12:54 AM
why'd you fork over 11 bucks? you can get it for free.

It's just 11 bucks. Instant gratification and impatience on my part as well, I'm sure.

Another quote:

On the night the Chicago Bulls were eliminated from the 1995 NBA playoffs by the Orlando Magic, I sat with Michael in the darkened United Center until 3: 00 a.m. He had just returned to basketball two months earlier, following his first retirement and brief baseball career; so much had happened in the last year.

Dressed in his suit and tie, he looked around the brand-new arena that had replaced the legendary Chicago Stadium earlier that season and said, “I hate this ****ing building.”

“You built this ****ing building,” I said.

During that series, some of the Orlando players said he didn’t look like the old #23, which he didn’t; he was wearing #45, he wasn’t ready, and I knew it better than anyone else. His endurance, his shot . . . there just hadn’t been enough time to get him back to the level of excellence that people had grown accustomed to.

Predictably, there was plenty of talk about how his baseball career had failed, his basketball comeback had failed, he had failed. Michael Jordan was done, they said.

And as usual, they were wrong. A Cleaner is done when he says he’s done, not when you say he’s done.

In fact, you saying it usually ensures the opposite.

At the end of that game, he had a message for the Magic as the all players shook hands and left the court: Enjoy this win, ’cause it ain’t gonna happen again.

Then he changed his number back to #23, and the following season he led the Bulls to an NBA-record 72 wins and the first of three more championship rings to go with the three he’d already won before he “failed.”

fpliii
01-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Another:

[QUOTE]I

fpliii
01-18-2014, 01:17 AM
[QUOTE][B]After Dwyane

9erempiree
01-18-2014, 01:17 AM
Thanks fpliii

Great reads. Post some about others if you find them.

fpliii
01-18-2014, 01:37 AM
Thanks fpliii

Great reads. Post some about others if you find them.

:cheers:

So Kobe started working with Grover in 07:

[quote]Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose needs to get on the court and play, said the former trainer of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

fpliii
01-18-2014, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE]If a Cleaner was put in a situation where he had to remove a body part to survive, he wouldn

9erempiree
01-18-2014, 01:39 AM
I would have bought it too. Good find. I like these behind the scene stories.

fpliii
01-18-2014, 01:40 AM
I would have bought it too. Good find. I like these behind the scene stories.

Some of these quotes on Kobe are nuts. This one in particular:

[QUOTE]I guarantee when Kobe retires someday, every single story written about him will talk about killer instinct. And they should: he

Doranku
01-18-2014, 02:19 AM
[quote]During the 2012 NBA finals, I spent five days in Miami with my longtime client Dwyane Wade, trying to get the most out of a damaged knee that would need surgery after the season. [B]The work we did