PDA

View Full Version : Other Rockets fans are delusional

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Come on guys be real. We all know damn well we aren't legit championship contenders. I said it from the start of the season that we weren't gonna make a ton of noise. We're still learning how to play together. We're still learning how to throw a simple entry pass to Dwight. We still don't play good defense. We still have a million turnovers every game. This is just a feeling out process. Dwight still hasn't fully recovered. We can see that by his up and down numbers. Hell we don't even have our roster set yet. This isn't a make or break year for us. We are still in prime position to raise some hell in the next few seasons though. Go Rockets. Don't be homers though guys. I mean, we still have Kevin McHale as our head coach for fuggsake.

Fire Colangelo
01-17-2014, 11:55 AM
West is pretty open though, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a deep run in the playoffs. Also wouldn't be surprised of they get bounced off in first round.

SexSymbol
01-17-2014, 11:58 AM
lol, anybody who believes HOU is a legit contender don't know basketball.
You can't win with mchale as your coach and howard as your center. Just won't happen

HylianNightmare
01-17-2014, 11:58 AM
op one of the only realistic rocket fans on here

Fire Colangelo
01-17-2014, 12:02 PM
You can't win with mchale as your coach and howard as your center. Just won't happen

Just like when lakers fans thought Dwight and D'antoni would lead lakers to championships? Guess y'all don't know shit about basketball lol

West is so open right now, anything could happen. It's not likely but it could

AirTupac
01-17-2014, 12:04 PM
1st round exit :cheers:

SexSymbol
01-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Just like when lakers fans thought Dwight and D'antoni would lead lakers to championships? Guess y'all don't know shit about basketball lol

West is so open right now, anything could happen. It's not likely but it could
Actually, most people were bashing the D'antoni hire.
And we expected the orlando Dwight, not the 35% version of it with a similar cancerous character.
And we also expected Nash, Gasol to be healthy and Kobe not to blow his achilles.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 12:18 PM

I agree with McHale part. The Dwight part is rather idiotic to me. You're entitled to your own opinion though.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 12:20 PM
1st round exit :cheers:

At the start of the season I would have said you were crazy. I didn't expect us to have all these injuries and whatnot. I was shooting for a second round exit. No more than that. If we still lose in the first round, it won't be an upset so it really won't be failed season. I just hoped for more.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 12:22 PM
op one of the only realistic rocket fans on here

I have my homer moments lol. Thanks tho bro. I'm probably the only Rockets fan that still said we were gonna lose at half time. 73 points, but we gave up 59 and we were hot. I won 50 bucks on last night's game. I even went to sleep at half time knowing I was gonna win my money.

AnaheimLakers24
01-17-2014, 12:24 PM
down playing inevitable dwightmare

Olacinco
01-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Dwight's not the problem

The problem is harden being a chucker and having no true PG.

kurple
01-17-2014, 12:26 PM
dude, have some faith

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 12:26 PM
down playing inevitable dwightmare

I don't understand.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 12:27 PM
dude, have some faith

I have all the faith in the world. The difference is that I'm a realist. I look at basketball more from a coaching aspect than from a normal fan.

Fire Colangelo
01-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Actually, most people were bashing the D'antoni hire.
And we expected the orlando Dwight, not the 35% version of it with a similar cancerous character.
And we also expected Nash, Gasol to be healthy and Kobe not to blow his achilles.

Lol most people expected Dwight to be recovering from injury, Nash & gasol to be injury prone. Don't blame you for expecting big things out of your team tho, look at the nets this year, shit happens. I just don't see the hate for Dwight this year (coming mostly from laker fans),he's playing well and he's winning. Rockets are maybe one piece away from being really good and they have assets to make trades. I just find it silly when people say no team can win with player X or coach Y. People thought coach spo was shit in 2011 and should've been fired, and here he is leading heat to back to back rings. Would melo have no rings if he had played with wade and bosh?

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Dwight's not the problem

The problem is harden being a chucker and having no true PG.

Every player on our roster is part of the problem. It doesn't rest on 1 or 2 people.

navy
01-17-2014, 12:39 PM
The Rockets having always been a second round exit depending on the luck of the draw.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Lol most people expected Dwight to be recovering from injury, Nash & gasol to be injury prone. Don't blame you for expecting big things out of your team tho, look at the nets this year, shit happens. I just don't see the hate for Dwight this year (coming mostly from laker fans),he's playing well and he's winning. Rockets are maybe one piece away from being really good and they have assets to make trades. I just find it silly when people say no team can win with player X or coach Y. People thought coach spo was shit in 2011 and should've been fired, and here he is leading heat to back to back rings. Would melo have no rings if he had played with wade and bosh?

The TNT crew aren't Lakers fans. :confusedshrug:

HOoopCityJones
01-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Foreal though , Ive been watching Shaq and Charles shit on Dwight's post game for the last hour.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Foreal though , Ive been watching Shaq and Charles shit on Dwight's post game for the last hour.

I would say they have every right to clown on Dwight last season and this season. Prior to those two seasons though I'd say they were wrong.

HOoopCityJones
01-17-2014, 01:21 PM
I would say they have every right to clown on Dwight last season and this season. Prior to those two seasons though I'd say they were wrong.

There's a difference between using freak athletic ability to leap over competition and having an actual post move.

Dwight has been doing the same "post move" since 2009.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 01:24 PM
There's a difference between using freak athletic ability to leap over competition and having an actual post move.

Dwight has been doing the same post move since 2009.

Go and look at his highlights and some actual games after the Finals. He actually got some moves and everything after he worked with Hakeem. The reason he looked so bad last year was that he had came back early from back surgery. He's still not fully recovered. He just needs more time.

Le Shaqtus
01-17-2014, 01:25 PM
Dwight is definitely healthy, he may not be the same player but he's definitely not ailing from that injury anymore.

Coming from someone who actually still likes Dwight.

HOoopCityJones
01-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Go and look at his highlights and some actual games after the Finals. He actually got some moves and everything after he worked with Hakeem. The reason he looked so bad last year was that he had came back early from back surgery. He's still not fully recovered. He just needs more time.

It's funny because I was you this time last year when he was on the Lakers.

You're gonna get tired of defending him.

Ive seen many highlights of Dwight , he hasn't learned anything except a turn around tear drop. Footwork is terrible and he tries to post up with his shoulders too low, hence the dumb fouls. All elbows, instead of hips and body.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Dwight is definitely healthy, he may not be the same player but he's definitely not ailing from that injury anymore.

Coming from someone who actually still likes Dwight.

He said in an interview earlier this year that he still is. This is coming from somebody who's had the same surgery and a big Dwight fan.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 01:30 PM
It's funny because I was you this time last year when he was on the Lakers.

You're gonna get tired of defending him.

Ive seen many highlights of Dwight , he hasn't learned anything except a turn around tear drop. Footwork is terrible and he tries to post up with his shoulders too low, hence the dumb fouls. All elbows, instead of hips and body.

Did you look at any film after he started working out with Dwight? Did you watch any games? I watched a ton. Orlando was my second team. He got better in the post after he started working with Hakeem. This isn't a debate. This is what I saw with my own 2 eyes. Again I say, just go look.

alec613
01-17-2014, 01:37 PM
They're a Ryan Anderson away from being a title contender.

Asik just keeps lowering his value, so it'll be hard. Not to mention he is getting payed 15m next season

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 01:38 PM
They're a Ryan Anderson away from being a title contender.

I agree and disagree. Scoring is not our problem. Give me a different coach and then I'll hop on the legit title contender train.

KungFuJoe
01-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Did you look at any film after he started working out with Dwight? Did you watch any games? I watched a ton. Orlando was my second team. He got better in the post after he started working with Hakeem. This isn't a debate. This is what I saw with my own 2 eyes. Again I say, just go look.

Main problem with DH is that he looks great against inferior defenders, and looks like crap against the really good ones. OKC has great size with Perkins and Ibaka and I believe they are the best rebounding team in the league. Against OKC...forget it. DH has no hope. He can't score down low on post moves because he can't shove perkins around and OKC rebounds so well, he doesn't get any put backs (his only other way to score).

He has great stats but they are misleading. He'll put up 33 against a so-so team, then follow it up with 11 against a good team.

Also, how much he scores seems to factor very little in the Rocket's success. Their longest winning streak of the season (5 games), he never scored more than 15 points.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Main problem with DH is that he looks great against inferior defenders, and looks like crap against the really good ones. OKC has great size with Perkins and Ibaka and I believe they are the best rebounding team in the league. Against OKC...forget it. DH has no hope. He can't score down low on post moves because he can't shove perkins around and OKC rebounds so well, he doesn't get any put backs (his only other way to score).

He has great stats but they are misleading. He'll put up 33 against a so-so team, then follow it up with 11 against a good team.

Also, how much he scores seems to factor very little in the Rocket's success. Their longest winning streak of the season (5 games), he never scored more than 15 points.

I keep telling everybody our scoring is not our problem. We put up points every night. Dwight looked good against Perkins before the back injury and surgery. Perk might have done good maybe once.

SexSymbol
01-17-2014, 01:47 PM
He said in an interview earlier this year that he still is. This is coming from somebody who's had the same surgery and a big Dwight fan.
He was healthy mid-season last year, all medics pointed that recorevy shouldn't take more than 8 months. It's been what now? like 20 months, there's no chance that he is as recoreved as can be. That's just typical Dwight making excuses for his poor play

Rose'sACL
01-17-2014, 01:50 PM
problem is that i don't think any rockets player knows how to throw lobs or throw entry pass to dwight on a consistent basis. this is indiana's problem too and i hope they are improving on it. this was one of the primary reasons pacers didn't win against miami. miami just made it impossible to throw the ball into the post for long stretches in games.

ILLsmak
01-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Every player on our roster is part of the problem. It doesn't rest on 1 or 2 people.

It's hard to be a contender period, but look at the Nets. They have pieces, too, and they lost some guys to injuries... now they're on a run. They are probably not going to compete for a championship, but if you think about how different they looked at times, you have to believe that the Rockets can put something together.

It takes more than talent to win a ring, though. I think the Rockets can play with anyone, but they won't win a late 7 game series.

-Smak

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 01:54 PM
He was healthy mid-season last year, all medics pointed that recorevy shouldn't take more than 8 months. It's been what now? like 20 months, there's no chance that he is as recoreved as can be. That's just typical Dwight making excuses for his poor play

I kinda sorta have to take his word for it. I was told I'd be fine within 6 months and this was back in August of 2012. I still have back pain every single day.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 01:55 PM
problem is that i don't think any rockets player knows how to throw lobs or throw entry pass to dwight on a consistent basis. this is indiana's problem too and i hope they are improving on it. this was one of the primary reasons pacers didn't win against miami. miami just made it impossible to throw the ball into the post for long stretches in games.

That would be part of why Dwight's numbers are what they are. This thread is about the Rockets as a whole. Our main problem comes on defence and all the turnovers.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 01:56 PM
It's hard to be a contender period, but look at the Nets. They have pieces, too, and they lost some guys to injuries... now they're on a run. They are probably not going to compete for a championship, but if you think about how different they looked at times, you have to believe that the Rockets can put something together.

It takes more than talent to win a ring, though. I think the Rockets can play with anyone, but they won't win a late 7 game series.

-Smak

I'm never the one to blame just the coach, but I honestly feel if we had a better coach we'd be a much better team than what we are right now.

KungFuJoe
01-17-2014, 01:56 PM
I keep telling everybody our scoring is not our problem. We put up points every night. Dwight looked good against Perkins before the back injury and surgery. Perk might have done good maybe once.

I'll admit I didn't follow Howard much during his Orlando days other than highlights here and there.

I'm sure he was much better before injuries and wear and tear. Either way, he seems to be very limited against good rebounding teams that have size down low.

I keep flipping back and forth on whether or not this guy should be the focal point on offense. Sometimes, the offense looks great going through him. But, then there's times where he shoots it every time he touches it, misses badly, or turns it over and it's just :facepalm

As much as I hate Harden's lack of D, he is far far better at getting you crucial points.

HOoopCityJones
01-17-2014, 01:59 PM

Yes bro, I watch alot of Bball , have League Pass all of that.

Why don't you show me these good post moves.

Should be plenty of vid floating around the net.

I can't wait to see this.

Either way, i'll take the legends word for it, and the general consensus is Dwight has been the same post player since he came into the League , whether you wanna blame back problems, chemistry not being in the right place yet, the fact that Dwight hasn't really evolved since he was one of the most popular players in 07-08 doesn't change anything.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 02:01 PM
I'll admit I didn't follow Howard much during his Orlando days other than highlights here and there.

I'm sure he was much better before injuries and wear and tear. Either way, he seems to be very limited against good rebounding teams that have size down low.

I keep flipping back and forth on whether or not this guy should be the focal point on offense. Sometimes, the offense looks great going through him. But, then there's times where he shoots it every time he touches it, misses badly, or turns it over and it's just :facepalm

As much as I hate Harden's lack of D, he is far far better at getting you crucial points.

Until Dwight gets back to his Orlando days, then I'd say no. The thing we do mess up on is times when he has post position where he should, the wings damn near look him off and take a ill advised jumper. There's no consequences for anybody other than Jeremy Lin on this team right now.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Yes bro, I watch alot of Bball , have League Pass all of that.

Why don't you show me these good post moves.

Should be plenty of vid floating around the net.

I can't wait to see this.

Either way, i'll take the legends word for it, and the general consensus is Dwight has been the same post player since he came into the League , whether you wanna blame back problems, chemistry not being in the right place yet, the fact that Dwight hasn't really evolved since he was one of the most popular players in 07-08 doesn't change anything.

I didn't ask you about how much basketball you watch. I didn't ask you about NBA League Pass. I asked if you watched Orlando Magic and Dwight Howard after he started working out with Hakeem.

I'm not one to go and post links to anything. I know they're on YouTube. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

If I wasn't educated enough to have my own opinion on a certain topic then I'd let somebody else tell me what to think too.

HOoopCityJones
01-17-2014, 02:08 PM
I didn't ask you about how much basketball you watch. I didn't ask you about NBA League Pass. I asked if you watched Orlando Magic and Dwight Howard after he started working out with Hakeem.

I'm not one to go and post links to anything. I know they're on YouTube. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

If I wasn't educated enough to have my own opinion on a certain topic then I'd let somebody else tell me what to think too.

Bro,you paint yourself as a realist , yet you're probably the only guy I know who doesn't see he hasn't gotten any better in the post.

You said it yourself, Hakeem worked out with him the year after he lost to the Lakers in the Finals. So why in the hell is he still working out with Dream if he already put in the work before? Because he's still-not-there. This was a big selling point for him going to the Rockets.

Working with Mchale and Hakeem on his post moves. But..? Where they at?

We'll see what your excuse is 2 years from now. :rolleyes:

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Bro,you paint yourself as a realist , yet you're probably the only guy I know who doesn't see he hasn't gotten any better in the post.

You said it yourself, Hakeem worked out with him the year after he lost to the Lakers in the Finals. So why in the hell is he still working out with Dream if he already put in the work before? Because he's still-not-there. This was a big selling point for him going to the Rockets.

Working with Mchale and Hakeem on his post moves. But..? Where they at?

We'll see what your excuse is 2 years from now. :rolleyes:

Again, I say go look at the youtube vids my man. I'm not gonna go find them for you. I'm not trying to prove anything to you.

Why the hell would he keep working out with Hakeem?!?! Probably to get better. I didn't say he was a complete post player. I said he had gotten better. Even then, Hakeem has been out of the country since the season started. I was under the impression too that he was working with Dwight every single day, but he it was the farthest thing from the truth.

2 years from now, i'll have to say the back surgery was the worst thing to happen to him.

HOoopCityJones
01-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Again, I say go look at the youtube vids my man. I'm not gonna go find them for you. I'm not trying to prove anything to you.

Why the hell would he keep working out with Hakeem?!?! Probably to get better. I didn't say he was a complete post player. I said he had gotten better. Even then, Hakeem has been out of the country since the season started. I was under the impression too that he was working with Dwight every single day, but he it was the farthest thing from the truth.

2 years from now, i'll have to say the back surgery was the worst thing to happen to him.

:roll: Hahaha , so move the goal line everytime to fit your argument?

Ive seen plenty of Orlando footage and D-Howard highlights, the man doesn't have barley any post moves, except for the tear drop I mentioned, and I guess you can credit that to Dream,woopie, but idk if you can classify it as he had a post game before he got hurt.

I'd take 2012 Bynum over Dwight in the post anyday.

The fact that you're trying to suggest the (longtime recovered) back surgery is the reason for "lost" post moves is ridiculous , that shit doesn't disappear because you're healing, if the Ni99a can dunk on someone he can goto work in the post. The back isn't a factor this year..sheet idk if it even was last year.

imdaman99
01-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Just get your hired goon to injure the other teams best player in every round of the playoffs, and you got a chance :cheers:

Almost worked last year :confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Dwight's "ailing" back is one of the weakest excuses I've seen thrown around here. Posters still believe he is "recovering"? Like really? :oldlol: Smarten up.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 02:49 PM
:roll: Hahaha , so move the goal line everytime to fit your argument?

Ive seen plenty of Orlando footage and D-Howard highlights, the man doesn't have barley any post moves, except for the tear drop I mentioned, and I guess you can credit that to Dream,woopie, but idk if you can classify it as he had a post game before he got hurt.

I'd take 2012 Bynum over Dwight in the post anyday.

The fact that you're trying to suggest the (longtime recovered) back surgery is the reason for "lost" post moves is ridiculous , that shit doesn't disappear because you're healing, if the Ni99a can dunk on someone he can goto work in the post. The back isn't a factor this year..sheet idk if it even was last year.

I'd take 2012 Bynum over Dwight in the post anyday too. Again, I said he had gotten better. Not that he was all world. He developed some post moves. I don't really know any other way to explain it for you.

The back surgery I am comparing to myself. I know there's things that I can't do yet since I've had my surgery. The moves I had I can remember, but my body won't allow me to do at this time. It either hurts like hell or I can do it, but it's just super slow and not effective. Again, you can have your opinion on anything bro. I don't get on ISH and try to convince anybody of anything.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Just get your hired goon to injure the other teams best player in every round of the playoffs, and you got a chance :cheers:

Almost worked last year :confusedshrug:

Sad part is our hired goon is injured at the moment :roll:

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Dwight's "ailing" back is one of the weakest excuses I've seen thrown around here. Posters still believe he is "recovering"? Like really? :oldlol: Smarten up.

Dwight's "ailing" back is still one of the strongest excuses I've seen thrown around here. Posters still don't believe he is "recovering"? Like really? :oldlol: Smarten up.

Thanks a million for your insight. The thread is more about the Rockets than just Dwight though.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-17-2014, 02:59 PM
I haven't seen anybody, that isn't a Houston blow-hard, claim that Dwight is still "recovering". Have those exlax kicked in yet? Your argument is shit, pal.

KungFuJoe
01-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Yes, there are times when he looks pretty good down there, especially with his left hand, which is kinda odd, but whatever.

But, it's not instilled in him yet. He still has to THINK about what he's going to do. True great post players don't think in the post...they just DO based on what they sense from the defender behind them.

So, when the game is going well for him and when he has a defender he can move around and get good post position, and he feels confident, then he remembers his training with Hakeem and does well. But, when he can't get optimal post position or has to fight and work his way down there, taking multiple dribbles to get close to the basket, all that training goes out the window, and he resorts to pure instinct, which is to just dribble, dribble, back up, back up, then flip up a bad looking half hook.

I was a pretty good post player with good footwork back in my day. People compared me to Kiki Vandeweghe (yeah, I'm THAT old). :) And I don't know if you can "teach" footwork...it seems like it's just something that comes naturally. You either got it or you don't. And DH seems like he just doesn't have it.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 03:04 PM
I haven't seen anybody, that isn't a Houston blow-hard, claim that Dwight is still "recovering". Have those exlax kicked in yet? Your argument is shit, pal.

What argument? You think he's fully recovered and I don't think he is. I said I'm leaning more towards him not being fully recovered because he said he's not and I have had back surgery and my shit still hurts everyday. It's almost like you think your opinion is right and mine is wrong or some shit like that. You have 0 proof of his back not hurting and I have a small sliver of proof that it is.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Yes, there are times when he looks pretty good down there, especially with his left hand, which is kinda odd, but whatever.

But, it's not instilled in him yet. He still has to THINK about what he's going to do. True great post players don't think in the post...they just DO based on what they sense from the defender behind them.

So, when the game is going well for him and when he has a defender he can move around and get good post position, and he feels confident, then he remembers his training with Hakeem and does well. But, when he can't get optimal post position or has to fight and work his way down there, taking multiple dribbles to get close to the basket, all that training goes out the window, and he resorts to pure instinct, which is to just dribble, dribble, back up, back up, then flip up a bad looking half hook.

I was a pretty good post player with good footwork back in my day. People compared me to Kiki Vandeweghe (yeah, I'm THAT old). :) And I don't know if you can "teach" footwork...it seems like it's just something that comes naturally. You either got it or you don't. And DH seems like he just doesn't have it.

I agree with ya completely. I will say that prior to having surgery he had a few moves he could go to, but even then they were predicated on his ability. He's not as physically imposing as he used to be. I don't know if he ever will be again.

I had no freaking idea you were that old!!!!! I thought you were a snot nose kid!

TheMarkMadsen
01-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Come on guys be real. We all know damn well we aren't legit championship contenders. I said it from the start of the season that we weren't gonna make a ton of noise. We're still learning how to play together. We're still learning how to throw a simple entry pass to Dwight. We still don't play good defense. We still have a million turnovers every game. This is just a feeling out process. Dwight still hasn't fully recovered. We can see that by his up and down numbers. Hell we don't even have our roster set yet. This isn't a make or break year for us. We are still in prime position to raise some hell in the next few seasons though. Go Rockets. Don't be homers though guys. I mean, we still have Kevin McHale as our head coach for fuggsake.

and he's still learning how to catch it

Mr. Jabbar
01-17-2014, 03:08 PM

:roll:

HOoopCityJones
Dwight's "ailing" back is one of the weakest excuses I've seen thrown around here. Posters still believe he's "recovering"? :oldlol: Smarten up.

Ikr? It's been almost three years, if his back is still hurt he might as well retire before he ends up ina wheelchair later in life. :confusedshrug:

Mr Exlax

I think he can catch them just fine. It's just that he brings it down to his body for whatever reason.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 03:11 PM
I thought I had a really good thread going and then the butthurt Laker fans have made it all about Dwight. Orlando Dwight couldn't fix this team IMO.

HOoopCityJones
01-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Hey now, I'm not butthurt, I just know the player Dwight is.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-17-2014, 03:19 PM
I will NOT take this opportunity to tee off on you but instead will state the bottom line...

The guy hasn't improved since 2010. Period. What good is his athleticism if he doesn't have the skills to get the ball in the basket? The only time he scores is from lobs, and face up/driving dunks or layups. To ANY experienced basketball fan, that is the mark of someone w/ athleticism, but no skill. Where's his post moves? They're non existent.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Hey now, I'm not butthurt, I just know the player Dwight is.

The thing is that you are butthurt. You haven't said anything about our lack of defence. Our turnovers. Our ill advised shots. Just add something bro. Anything other than just Dwight. Do you have any insight or any ideas how we could fix our team? What possible players you think we should trade for? Do you think McHale's subs have been good? Do you think Lin gets too much blame? Do you think the starters play far too many minutes? Do you think DMo is a good player? Give me something.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 03:20 PM
I will NOT take this opportunity to tee off on you but instead will state the bottom line...

The guy hasn't improved since 2010. Period. What good is his athleticism if he doesn't have the skills to get the ball in the basket? The only time he scores is from lobs, and face up/driving dunks or layups. To ANY experienced basketball fan, that is the mark of someone w/ athleticism, but no skill. Where's his post moves? They're non existent.

Do you understand that this is not a debate about Dwight Howard in the post?

HOoopCityJones
01-17-2014, 03:24 PM
The thing is that you are butthurt. You haven't said anything about our lack of defence. Our turnovers. Our ill advised shots. Just add something bro. Anything other than just Dwight. Do you have any insight or any ideas how we could fix our team? What possible players you think we should trade for? Do you think McHale's subs have been good? Do you think Lin gets too much blame? Do you think the starters play far too many minutes? Do you think DMo is a good player? Give me something.

But I'm not though.

Not at all, I posted in this thread after someone commented on Dwight's lack of a post game and then you came to his defense like a captain save a Howard.

You say something. Your argument consists of Dwight has a pretty good post game, but it's not looking good because of a three year old injury.

As for the rest, I could care less the Rocket's are getting bounced out the 2nd round this year and every year there after, back into irrelevance.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Are you reading your own thread? It's officially a Dwight discussion. :oldlol:

BlackVVaves
01-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Interesting that some still perceive Dwight as a recovering athlete. Two off-seasons and nearly two years since the surgery. I would think, in terms of the surgery, that he has recovered from any lingering ailments, no?

HOoopCityJones
01-17-2014, 03:27 PM

This is probably why your thread got off course.

Stop saying this to people or they'll look at you crazy.

That ni99a is not still hurt.

Mr Exlax
01-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Again fellas, if Dwight says he's still recovering I think he might actually be still recovering. Right?

Nick Young
01-17-2014, 04:51 PM
Do you know why Dwight has complained about every single player he has played against not being able to get him the ball? (except Turkoglu)

The problem is not his teammates. It is Dwight. He doesn't know how to seal off his man, and make himself available for an entry pass. He doesn't establish position properly and often has to come 3-4 feet away from where he wants the ball to safely catch passes.

Dwight has played with Kobe and Steve Nash, and still complained they couldn't him the ball in the right spots. Steve Nash wasnt the problem. The problem is Dwight.

Watch him next game. He doesn't know how to do basic things like sealing off his man and when fighting for position he often backs down against centers he play him strongly, or are equal in strength.

Nick Young
01-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Again fellas, if Dwight says he's still recovering I think he might actually be still recovering. Right?
The injury Dwight had is not one you can ever fully recover from. This combined with Dwights mental weakness is a bad sign. How long do the Rockets have Dwight locked up to a max contract for? He's already 28, I'd hate to see how he looks when he's 30+

oarabbus
01-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Last night J Lin WIDE open for corner 3 and Jones throws the ball to Harden, gets picked by Jackson for the windmill dunk :bowdown: wait actually that happened twice :bowdown:

At least Jones does work for my fantasy team :bowdown: still low IQ doe

Seriously though the problems are McHale, Kelvin Sampson, and lack of accountability for Haren. Sampson is a trainwreck and should be replaced ASAP. Haren needs to become Harden and the team will be much better off for it. McHale needs to learn how to control the flow of the game better and make the other team adjust to HIM, rather than subbing based on the other team. I don't see him as a WCF-level coach much less a finals coach.

The talent is there on this squad to be a contender, end of story. Regardless of how much people sh1t on Dwight (and how much I do on Haren) they are extremely talented players waiting for the right coach to lead them to the promised land. If Sampson was fired, McHale became assistant coach, and an actual good head coach was appointed... this team instantly becomes a WCF threat this year and a SERIOUS championship contender next year.

Jameerthefear
01-17-2014, 06:07 PM
There is really only 4 legit championship contenders IND, MIA SAS, and OKC, but my point is any team can get hot and get there.

KungFuJoe
01-17-2014, 06:07 PM
I still don't think DH is the problem with this team, though.

Yeah, he's not what he used to be, but he's also not really demanding the ball too much. I think if he could embrace a role as a 2nd/3rd option behind Harden/Parsons and just focus on defense and rebounding, he would fit in better.

The Rockets problem is rotations (WHY THE **** DOES GARCIA GET SO MANY MINUTES??), and just horrible horrible defense on the perimeter. For starters, someone (COUGHmcfailCOUGH) needs to light a fire underneath Harden's ass. I don't care how many points this guy scores or how clutch he is in the 4th. His defense is atrocious. Seems every single game, the guy he's defending goes off. The other night it was Gordon brutalizing him so bad, they finally switched Parsons on him to stop the bleeding. Last night, it didn't matter who Harden was guarding...he was getting blown by every single time, making everyone else have to rotate and leaving someone wide open.

oarabbus
01-17-2014, 06:18 PM
I still don't think DH is the problem with this team, though.

Yeah, he's not what he used to be, but he's also not really demanding the ball too much. I think if he could embrace a role as a 2nd/3rd option behind Harden/Parsons and just focus on defense and rebounding, he would fit in better.

The Rockets problem is rotations (WHY THE **** DOES GARCIA GET SO MANY MINUTES??), and just horrible horrible defense on the perimeter. For starters, someone (COUGHmcfailCOUGH) needs to light a fire underneath Harden's ass. I don't care how many points this guy scores or how clutch he is in the 4th. His defense is atrocious. Seems every single game, the guy he's defending goes off. The other night it was Gordon brutalizing him so bad, they finally switched Parsons on him to stop the bleeding. Last night, it didn't matter who Harden was guarding...he was getting blown by every single time, making everyone else have to rotate and leaving someone wide open.

One more thing, Parsons needs to realize he is not Lebron/KD. I think it was particularly bad in the beginning of the season, with parsons trying to play point forward... your team's forwards needs to stop handling the damn ball (I think this is McHale). It seems like Parsons has been dribbling less, though.

But the problem is like that fastbreak at a crucial time in the 4th yesterday where Parsons tried to go 1 on 1 with Jackson and got the ball poked away... or the numerous times Jones tries to go solo on the fast break, sometimes going 1 on 2, ignores his open teammates, and misses the shot... Lin and Harden are two of the best fast break players in the entire league. (Not Bron/Wade or CP3 status, but still DAMN good). Your team needs to learn to give the ball to a guard ASAP whenever possible on EVERY fast break. Tired of Jones and Parsons (and Casspi and Garcia...) ****ing up fast breaks, at least if Harden (somehow) misses the shot and doesn't get FT you know it was only a 1/10 chance that happened...

I don't have a problem with them keeping all these bad habits and stupid tendencies when playing the Warriors though :cheers:

shoops
01-17-2014, 06:19 PM

Actually, he's naturally left handed, but he broke his wrist or something in high school or middle school.

At least Jones does work for my fantasy team :bowdown: still low IQ doe

Yeah, Jones is kinda an interesting player to watch, but he has pretty low bball iq. Also, he handles the ball a little too much for my liking, taking it all the way down the court.

Nick Young
01-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Not contenders this year.

Not contenders next year, with Lin and Asik getting paid $15,000,000 each (:lol ) and so unable to be traded because no team is dumb enough to eat those contracts.

So in 2 years they'll be ready to contend? By that time, Dwight who is already playing like a scrub, will be 30.

When does the Rockets championship window open rockets fans?

KungFuJoe
01-17-2014, 06:27 PM

Not contenders next year, with Lin and Asik getting paid $15,000,000 each (:lol ) and so unable to be traded because no team is dumb enough to eat those contracts.

So in 2 years they'll be ready to contend? By that time, Dwight who is already playing like a scrub, will be 30.

When does the Rockets championship window open rockets fans?

Lakers fans got no place talking about future rings...not with this embarrassment of a squad.

And I'm a Lakers fan.

oarabbus
01-17-2014, 06:29 PM

Meanwhile, Kobe Bryant getting paid $24,000,000 for the next two...

Nick Young
01-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Meanwhile, Kobe Bryant getting paid $24,000,000 for the next two...
Jabari Parker next year, Gasol leaving, Melo/Love wanting to come, Mamba still capable of 20ppg 47% shooting, LAL are in good shape.

Better then being first round exit fodder every year like the rockets, drafting shitty late #18 picks every year and never going forward. Even with Yao and Mcgrady that sorry ass franchise couldnt get into the second round:lol

oarabbus
01-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Jabari Parker next year, Gasol leaving, Melo/Love wanting to come, Mamba still capable of 20ppg 47% shooting, LAL are in good shape.

Better then being first round exit fodder every year like the rockets, drafting shitty late #18 picks every year and never going forward. Even with Yao and Mcgrady that sorry ass franchise couldnt get into the second round:lol

Can you afford Melo/Love with Kobe on a $24m/yr contract though? And what is the deal with nash? That's all I'm saying really.

And the Warriors are sitting in a nice place with splash bros core, Harrison Barnes developing/good trade potential if necessary, J. Crafword in Toney Douglas out.. so I'm happy. It is kinda crazy to see how intensely the Rockets have been treadmilling (or 1st round exiting) since Hakeem though

YouGotServed
01-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Lol salty Laker fans talking shit about Dwight again. How them tears taste?

Black and White
01-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Lol where are those delusional Rockets fans??? They are avoiding this thread, Smook A. and Righttocensor?? You two were talking this team up as favourites to win the west.

Mr. Exlax is my favourite Rockets fan on this board, he posts with subjectivity and makes sense, props to him :cheers:

AnaheimLakers24
01-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Lol salty Laker fans talking shit about Dwight again. How them tears taste?
taste like your moms cumm

Frozen1
01-17-2014, 09:59 PM
How come a team with the best sg and the best center in the nba not be a championship contender?

I don

Euroleague
01-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Rockets fans generally tend to be insane. They worship Daryl Morey like he is some kind of demigod and super genius, when the guy is clearly one of the dumbest general managers imaginable. Not to mention what an arrogant douche bag he is.

They mostly thought Van Gundy was a good coach, when he could not coach an offense if his life depended on it.

Many of them are incredibly openly racist against Yao and Lin. Not to mention their general hatred of any white European player.

Many of them actually seem to think Harden isn't the single biggest ball hog and dumbest ass player there is.

They had the best player in the world, in Vassilis Spanoulis, and they treated him like a hot steaming pile of dog shit, and still do to this day, and discarded him like it was nothing, and actually think they made out like bandits over it, and laugh about it, thinking they somehow came out on top, even though they lost multiple championships over it.

And their fan site, clutchfans.net, is an outright embarrassment to humanity. It's just a bunch of racist a-holes, Jeff Van Gundy Lovers, and Daryl Morey Worshipers.

Rockets fans are a bunch of annoying morons.

Bandito
01-17-2014, 10:47 PM
OP this version of Dwight is the best you're going to get. IF after 2012 he's still playing like this he's not going to get better than he is no. Sorry about but you're stuck with this Dwight, the 2012 before injury version of him passed away a long time ago...

houston
01-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Yea Rockets do look suspect alot of times.