PDA

View Full Version : Report on your teams Rookie(s) Midway Through the Season

Wavves
01-17-2014, 11:42 PM
How's your favorite team's rookie performing so far? How do you see them helping your team in the future? Bust? Good pick?

CJ McCollum has only just started playing, coming back from injury, but he has been alright so far. Sucks on the defensive end, but he can hit shots and looks like a good solid bench piece for the future. I've noticed that he gets along with everyone on the team off the court as well which is always a good sign. Small sample size but I have been happy with him so far.

BrownEye007
01-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Matthew Dellevedova is going to be a solid guard off the bench for a long time!

JohnFreeman
01-17-2014, 11:53 PM
Awful

DukeDelonte13
01-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Bennett --> unmitigated disaster. Still has tons of potential; i think it's all mental for the guy. I don't know if he'll ever put it together but he has the physical tools and the skills to do so. He plays with zero confidence.

Karasev --> he's looked promising in limited minutes. Needs to get bigger and stronger.

Felix --> Hasn't gotten enough minutes to really judge but he looked like a decent player for a second round pick in the summer league.

Dellavedova --> This guy surprised me. I was totally unimpressed with him in the summer league due to his poor shooting, ball-handling, and lack of quickness. Excellent defender for a rookie guard. Makes good decisions. He can be a big spark off the bench and has already won over a ton of fans with his energetic gritty game.

absalom
01-18-2014, 01:25 AM
I'm hoping that Cody Zeller would do a turnaround ala Monroe after the break. Him and Bennett are one upping each other in terms of awfulness.

waseem780
01-18-2014, 01:28 AM
Shabazz gettin no minutes
Oladipo shows glimpses of brilliance on offense and is a rock-solid defender

Jameerthefear
01-18-2014, 01:32 AM
Oladipo - Good defender, and very athletic. Still has trouble playing in the halfcourt, and he can't shoot worth a damn either. Gets into foul trouble easily since he's so aggressive on defensive (should reach less). Has shown stretches where he can completely take over scoring-wise. Needs to maintain that. I'd say he's a slightly above average passer. He's had multiple games with 10 assists, but he turns the ball over a lot so teams like to trap him up top. (like they do with Curry). I think he'll get better.

CelticBaller
01-18-2014, 01:33 AM
kelly is ok

wally_world
01-18-2014, 01:34 AM
Steven Adams

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=steven+adams+fight&client=firefox-a&hs=dAQ&rls=org.*******:en-US:official&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=LBLaUrrcIKP1iQebvYGoBg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAA&biw=1366&bih=600&dpr=1

first 5 results, nuff said :pimp:

Alex Len hasn't had much run. He looks fine out there, with more minutes I think he'll be decent. Tons of potential though.

iTare
01-18-2014, 01:36 AM
Very good

B-Easy8
01-18-2014, 01:37 AM
Shabazz - D-League

Dieng - DNP's

And we have the worst bench in the league.

bagelred
01-18-2014, 01:54 AM
Hardaway yes please

Geriatric
01-18-2014, 02:58 AM
Tony Snell has played well when he's gotten extended playing time. Doesn't shy away from clutch shots and seems to hit them when they matter most. Good defender athletically and when he matches up his athleticism with experience could evolve into a great defender.

Erik Murphy doesn't leave the bench much at all. When I've seen him play he seems to be in the way a lot. Always seems to get there just in time to knock a rebound out of Joakim or Taj's hands. Seems to be a good teammate on the bench though. Good cheerleader is about all the positives I can offer at the moment.

RoseCity07
01-18-2014, 03:09 AM
CJ McCollum ---has looked solid in his 4 games and I think he will eventually become a very useful player. He can handle the ball well, he uses screens well, and he might have the smoothest off the dribble mechanics on the team. His problems are that he looks slow on his moves. His defenders are getting around the screen and nearly blocking his shot. The biggest surprise with him is his defense is better than I thought it would be. It's hard to judge his offense because he is put on the floor with Mo Williams in all his minutes. He has a tendency to stand around rather than come get the ball. He's the kind of guy I can see coach tell to be more aggressive.

Allen Crabbe--- Great 3 point stroke but he doesn't appear to have the ability to handle the ball with defensive pressure. It's a bad sign when your two guard is picking up his dribble to prevent getting ripped. I don't know if it's lack of skill or confidence because he never tries to score one on one. I'd like to see more of him but I'm thinking he is on the bench for a reason. I heard Crabbe has been impressive in practice though. It could be this team has too much competition.

Project018
01-18-2014, 03:49 AM
Zeller = :facepalm

russwest0
01-18-2014, 03:51 AM
Steven Adams AAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++ WOULD RECCOMEND

Xiao Yao You
01-18-2014, 04:02 AM
Burke shoots too much and has a long ways to go defensively but he is clutch and hasn't turned over the ball much.

Gobert is raw but he's a unique player with his length. He's going to need to put on weight and work on his offense and learn to not foul but he moves well, rebounds, and defends.

Garrett(he may have played in the league before I guess?) is alright with his size and Clark hasn't shown much. Surprised they weren't cut before the deadline really.

poido123
01-18-2014, 08:27 AM
Snell is showing signs of his talent, great 3pt shooting, using his length to contest shots and defend quite well for his skinny frame.

This is to be expected, he will need an offseason or two to show more consistency.

WallIn
01-18-2014, 08:35 AM
In his first 18 games as a rookie Otto Porter averages less than 2 points and 2 rebounds per 10 min. So yeah, crappy so far. Glen Rice Jr. is injured right now, but has been playing better than Porter imo

dr.hee
01-18-2014, 08:43 AM
Shane Larkin...not quite there yet, but showing a lot of potential. Hard working with great quickness. His decision making is shaky at times, especially when being pressured in PnRs, but with more experience he should become a very solid player. Had a nice 15/5 game against Phoenix yesterday. Probably won't get that much playing time with Devin Harris returning soon, but that's better for him than being the 2nd PG right away. Ideal situation for him imo.

RoTM
01-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Zeller doesn't look that eye test horrible for both playing out of position and with the second unit. Looks like hes going to be a 20 mpg roleplayer.

His numbers would compare favorably with Steven Adams if he were getting minutes at the five instead of jump shooting and playing in Charlotte.

KobesFinger
01-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Ryan Kelly = poor when he does play

ImKobe
01-18-2014, 09:58 AM
Ryan Kelly with 20 points and 4 rebounds on 50% shooting, not bad for a 48th pick

Kendall Marshall isn't a rookie, but he's been a great D-league pick up for us. He's putting up 10.7 ppg 9.1 apg on 45/47/88 shooting. Hit the shot that won the game @ Boston, is putting up 13.4 ppg 4 reb 12.4 ast since he got the starting gig.

HylianNightmare
01-18-2014, 10:32 AM
stoked on oladipo

imdaman99
01-18-2014, 10:40 AM
I love Tim Hardaway Jr.

He has that special 3 point shooting and great athleticism. Now he needs to work on that defense and I will be completely content with him. Hope he develops here, but there's too many JR's ahead of him on the depth chart.

DukeDelonte13
01-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Zeller = :facepalm

i think zeller will be good. His lesser talented brother really improved in his sophomore season, and he came in at 22 years old. I wouldn't be concerned about Cody at all.

Meticode
01-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Anthony Bennett

He's been absolutely horrible. He could go down as the worst #1 pick of all-time. I was never a fan when he got picked becuase of the players we had at his position anyway. I was hoping more for Porter Jr. or Noel. At this time Noel seems like the right pick in hindsight since Bennett isn't doing anything anyway. If he's ever going to do anything the guy needs to play with confidence. THe day he was drafted you cna tell he lacked it when he said that he wasn't expecting to get drafted #1 at all. Almost as if he he was saying he didn't deserve it.

Carrick Felix

Hasn't played enough for me to judge him.

Sergey Karassev

Has looked solid in his limited time as a 20 year old. Needs to get stronger. Is 6'8" and not even 190 pounds.

Matthew Dellavedova

He's became a favorite of mine off the bench. He gets paid $500,000 and plays as hard as anyone out there. I love his gritty defense where he hounds his player and stays with him the whole time. He gives 100% on that side. He's a safe ball handler, and can knock down the three at a 40%+ clip. As of right now a 44% clip.

WallIn
01-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Anthony Bennett

He's been absolutely horrible. He could go down as the worst #1 pick of all-time. I was never a fan when he got picked becuase of the players we had at his position anyway. I was hoping more for Porter Jr. or Noel. At this time Noel seems like the right pick in hindsight since Bennett isn't doing anything anyway. If he's ever going to do anything the guy needs to play with confidence. THe day he was drafted you cna tell he lacked it when he said that he wasn't expecting to get drafted #1 at all. Almost as if he he was saying he didn't deserve it.

Agreed on Bennett. I do not know what the General Management of the Cavaliers smoked when they picked him up. His issues are endless. First of all he is way overweight, and I haven't seen him put in the work at all in this regard. I mean he's got a couple of months to sort this out already! Secondly his attitude on the court, those lazy screens etc. This will get you nowhere in the NBA (well, if he wants to spend rest of his career being a bench warmer, why not? :oldlol: )

Jameerthefear
01-18-2014, 12:49 PM
stoked on oladipo
>.> sure you are...

BlackWhiteGreen
01-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Kelly's showing flashes (25 last night against the Lakers) but not consistent enough.

smoovegittar
01-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Tim Hardaway jr. was a great pick. Energy and a nice stroke. Gotta work on the D - it'll come along. I rooted for Murry to make the team... he's raw, but has length and some heart. I'd like to see them both stick around.

Derka
01-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Olynyk had a breakout game against the Lakers a couple nights ago. That being said, he's got a looooong way to go.