PDA

View Full Version : KD VS Kobe

Haks
01-18-2014, 01:46 PM
Is KD this season better than Kobe has ever been?
So far this season kd is averaging: 31/5/8 on 49/39/88 on 63 TS% along with 1.4 steals and 0.8 blocks
Kobe's best statistical seasons are:
03--30/6/7 on 45/38/84 with 2.2 steals and 0.8 blocks on 55 TS%
06--35/4.5/5 on 45/35/85 along with 1.8 steals and 0.4 blocks on 56 TS%

Discuss!

LeBron 06
01-18-2014, 01:47 PM
yes

IGOTGAME
01-18-2014, 01:51 PM
KD has a perfectly built team for a scorer in his prime. Kobe never had that. Kobe was better than KD is now. So is Lebron.

annbafan
01-18-2014, 01:57 PM
I think no, however he has obviously got the potential to become a better player (in terms of scoring and not only) ultimately.

annbafan
01-18-2014, 02:04 PM
KD has a perfectly built team for a scorer in his prime. Kobe never had that. Kobe was better than KD is now. So is Lebron.

it could be a perfect team if he had a pass-first type of a point guard.

secund2nun
01-18-2014, 02:07 PM
KD blows Kobe out of the water. KD is a far superior player than any version of Mr Overrated Kobe.

SCfor3
01-18-2014, 02:09 PM
No, kobe never disappeared in 4th q at his prime, or ever.

J Shuttlesworth
01-18-2014, 02:09 PM
KD is a better overall player. He'd even be the better 1v1 player which Kobe admitted. Let's face it... KD has been at least as good as Kobe for a few years now. This year, he's clearly better. KD is playing as good as 2012-2013 season LeBron this year

J Shuttlesworth
01-18-2014, 02:10 PM
No, kobe never disappeared in 4th q at his prime, or ever.
In the long stretch, he has disappeared in Game 7's, as well as chucking his team out of other games.

Magic 32
01-18-2014, 02:11 PM
KD blows Kobe out of the water. KD is a far superior player than any version of Mr Overrated Kobe.

The guy in your avatar is number 2 now.

How does it feeeel. :banana: :banana: :banana:

El Gato Negro
01-18-2014, 02:13 PM
is kd better this season that isn't even close to being over yet, better than kobe has ever been? no.

iTare
01-18-2014, 02:39 PM
I am not 100% sure that KD is better than Kobe ever was,but I can almost guarantee that when it's all said and done KD will be remembered as a better player than Kobe.

Illuminati
01-18-2014, 02:45 PM
I agree, yes.

ImKobe
01-18-2014, 02:47 PM
KD right now has a better roster than Kobe did in 06 though. Of course Phil is a lot better than Brooks, but outside of Odom that team was pure garbage.

ABfor3
01-18-2014, 02:52 PM
I am not 100% sure that KD is better than Kobe ever was,but I can almost guarantee that when it's all said and done KD will be remembered as a better player than Kobe.
This. KD has all the tools he needs to play a long consistent career, he's already a better shooter than Kobe..having a consistent shot gives you much more time in this league. He just needs to develop a killer post game and he is set.

SamuraiSWISH
01-18-2014, 02:54 PM
What? No, Kobe had the perfectly built team in his prime as a scorer to put up huge scoring seasons. His prime started in 2003, through 2005 they competed for championships ... yes. That handicapped him a bit. Especially with the presence of Shaq.

Kobe at his peak however was playing on the talent depraved 2006, and 2007 Lakers. He had no consistent scorers outside of himself. His 2nd best player was a 15 ppg 6th man type in Lamar Odom.

He played with the likes of: Smush Parker, Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, and Kwame Brown.

Kobe at the peak of his abilities had the perfect roster to put up HUGE numbers. He gunned like crazy those seasons, at the expense of other aspects of his game.

MJ, LeBron, at their absolute peaks were busy being utility men on championship competing teams. Not just going out gunning at the perfect storm apex of experience, skill, and physical ability trying to score points.

KD's current situation with Durant out allows him to gun and put up huge numbers, but when Westbrick is there ... he has to hold back a little due to his extremely aggressive, athletic retard point guard. But they're out there competing for a championship.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 02:55 PM

You got half of that right. Lebron and Durant are better than Kobe has ever been. With Durant? its close. With Lebron, its not even a debate as far as im concerned. The gap is huge.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 02:57 PM
What? No, Kobe had the perfectly built team in his prime as a scorer to put up huge scoring seasons. His prime started in 2003, through 2005 they competed for championships ... yes. That handicapped him a bit. Especially with the presence of Shaq.

Kobe at his peak however was playing on the talent depraved 2006, and 2007 Lakers. He had no consistent scorers outside of himself. His 2nd best player was a 15 ppg 6th man type in Lamar Odom.

He played with the likes of: Smush Parker, Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, and Kwame Brown.

Kobe at the peak of his abilities had the perfect roster to put up HUGE numbers. He gunned like crazy those seasons, at the expense of other aspects of his game.

MJ, LeBron, at their absolute peaks were busy being utility men on championship competing teams. Not just going out gunning at the perfect storm apex of experience, skill, and physical ability trying to score points.

KD's current situation with Durant out allows him to gun and put up huge numbers, but when Westbrick is there ... he has to hold back a little due to his extremely aggressive, athletic retard point guard. But they're out there competing for a championship.

You pretty much nailed it.

branslowski
LeBron stans panicking tryna get Kobe fans to hate Durant I see.:oldlol:

Not buying it, and anyone who's watched Kobe during the playoffs in his title years knows Durant isn't better than Kobe ever was, yet atleast. Anyone saying otherwise is just trolling or under the age 18....So I understand if 1 Durant 50pt game makes you say weird things, cause it means you didn't watch Kobe drop 50 in multiple games in a row. It's straight, yawl can try to talk dumb to make Kobe fans hate Durant.

Oh and Durant>>>LeBron.

tpols

Hows Kobe supposed to compete for a championship with the players in bold? They didnt have much of a chance.. even if Kobe cut back his shooting and played facilitator and score at the end of games like he did versus pheonix in the playoffs anyways.. they still lost.

In 08 when they had all the pieces thats when Kobe did play that all around ball youre speaking of.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 03:02 PM

Not buying it, and anyone who's watched Kobe during the playoffs in his title years knows Durant isn't better than Kobe ever was, yet atleast. Anyone saying otherwise is just trolling or under the age 18....So I understand if 1 Durant 50pt game makes you say weird things, cause it means you didn't watch Kobe drop 50 in multiple games in a row. It's straight, yawl can try to talk dumb to make Kobe fans hate Durant.

Oh and Durant>>>LeBron.

The same Durant who held Kobe to 1-10 shooting on fourth quarter isolations in 2012? Yeah that Durant was already better than Kobe ever was, nevermind this toepedo who is having a near historic year. You can troll all you want. Doesnt change the facts. :applause:

branslowski
01-18-2014, 03:03 PM
Hows Kobe supposed to compete for a championship with the players in bold? They didnt have much of a chance.. even if Kobe cut back his shooting and played facilitator and score at the end of games like he did versus pheonix in the playoffs anyways.. they still lost.

In 08 when they had all the pieces thats when Kobe did play that all around ball youre speaking of.

Yea I never got the whole "Kobe only score, that's it" "Kobe don't pass"...So he avg 6 ast last season by accident? :biggums:

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Yea I never got the whole "Kobe only score, that's it" "Kobe don't pass"...So he avg 6 ast last season by accident? :biggums:

Failed English in middle school?

TheMarkMadsen
01-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Kobe had 4 straight 50 pt games which included two 60 pt games.

I know these big scoring performances are new to you Lebron fans, but to us it's just another day

branslowski
01-18-2014, 03:05 PM
The same Durant who held Kobe to 1-10 shooting on fourth quarter isolations in 2012? Yeah that Durant was already better than Kobe ever was, nevermind this toepedo who is having a near historic year. You can troll all you want. Doesnt change the facts. :applause:

Cool story alt account 2014 poster, cool story. :oldlol:

Heavincent
01-18-2014, 03:07 PM
I'm a big Kobe guy, but it's actually pretty close. Right now, KD is playing about as well as ANY perimeter player since Jordan, so there's that.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Cool story alt account 2014 poster, cool story. :oldlol:

Ok prepubescent teen:cheers:

Element
01-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Kobe at his peak however was playing on the talent depraved 2006, and 2007 Lakers.

lol at calling that the perfect environment. you think a guy like KD can handle the constant double and triple teaming on the perimeter, the fact that no one on his team can make shots consistently, the fact that his team is so bad that they're relying on lamar fuggin odom to play 41 mpg?

Jackson, Lamb, Ibaka are >>>>>>>>>>>>anything Kobe had except Lamar, who was inconsistent af

the perfect environment for a guy like Kobe to put up huge numbers would be a similar situation to what LeBron had in 09/10 - great rebounding, defense and spacing. Just replace mo williams with a someone like peak Derek Fisher so that no one demands the ball and Kobe is free to drive the lane and chuck with space whenver he wants.

Genaro
01-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Let's not overreact. Durant is the best player in the game right now but he isn't on peak Kobe level.

Deuce Bigalow
01-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Kobe 06-07
32/6/5 58TS
10 50pt games
2 60pt games
4 50pt games in a row
37 ppg post allstar break
33/5/4 56TS Playoffs

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Let's not overreact. Durant is the best player in the game right now but he isn't on peak Kobe level.

Ah a Neymar fan boy! How delightful! Lots of similartities between he and Kobe. Both play second fiddle to a better 'alpha' in the league ; LeBron/Messi:applause:

G-Funk
01-18-2014, 03:23 PM
How many All-defensive teams does KD have?

LeBron 06
01-18-2014, 03:27 PM
It is easier to put big numbers in a bad team with only you as option in offense....It is not surprising that KD has big numbers since Westbrook is out, since he is the only option on the team

Same for Kobe in 2006 and 2007 and LeBron during his seven years in Cleveland....Many have short memory and forget the big numbers of LeBron in Cleveland...And two of his seasons it was with a team of 60 wins

If LeBron would be in the same situation again, he would still be able to put big numbers

SamuraiSWISH
01-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Hows Kobe supposed to compete for a championship with the players in bold?
I wasn't making the argument they should. If anything I was articulating how bad they were.

Which in turn (for Element) is a perfect environment for a dominant player to put up MAJOR statistical seasons.

MJ wasn't a better player in '87, '88, and '89 than he was in '90, '91, '92, or '93. It's the context that allowed him to go get those numbers. Same goes for comparing LeBron's 2008 - 2010 v.s. his 2012 - Current. He's a better basketball player now.

Kobe was at his peak as a player in 2006 - 2008. MJ's big number seasons, he was still developing as a player. By the time he was a finalized product, as Kobe in 2006, he was holding his individual game back on a championship team. Same goes for LeBron now.

No matter how good Kobe could've been that 2006, or 2007 season they had no chance of winning. Pretty sure Kobe realized that, and took the opportunity to put up historic scoring numbers.

I was comparing the context of their ability to put up huge numbers with Durant's current situation. Roster talent, prime v.s. PEAK ... it all should be taken into account.

That's also why I didn't mention 2008. Because when he got one legit second piece, he changed his game up and played the best floor game, best defense, all around basketball since his 2003 or 2001 season. That's why he was MVP that season.

There was none of that contrived, predetermined way of playing that Kobe was so known for in previous seasons. A style that alienated him, even given his absurd talents among sports critics. And probably why he doesn't have more MVP awards. He let the game come to him that season, and finally became a terrific leader.

P.S.

Peak / Prime Kobe is still better than current Durant. He put up better numbers before touching anyone on the perimeter was abolished. Better all around player, facilitator, playmaker. Clearly a superior defender. His huge scoring games, for the most part, didn't require touch calls on rip through moves with his arms.

longtime lurker
01-18-2014, 03:30 PM

Oh and Durant>>>LeBron.

I think someone needs to bump the thread about the most insecure stans. KD's playing on an insane level right now but peak Kobe's play making was still far ahead of KD's. Plus let's not forget the string of 40+ point games in a row, the month average 40+ while still playing defense and dishing out assists. Instead of trying to hate on Kobe we should be enjoying KD's season

Heavincent
01-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Kobe 06-07
32/6/5 58TS
10 50pt games
2 60pt games
4 50pt games in a row
33/5/4 56TS Playoffs

10 50pt games in one season is just...wow. People go apeshit over just one 50pt game these days. Kobe was doing that shit on a monthly basis. New kids (Lebron stans) who just started watching in 2010 don't understand how much Kobe was shitting on the league back then.

Hell, this is a dude who scored 55 ****ing points in ONE HALF! Also outscored the 06 Western conference champs all by himself through 3 quarters. 42 points in the first half against the Wizards in 03. 61 points against the Knicks during a championship season. Has multiple months of averaging 40 points, and multiple playoff series of averaging 35 points. Haven't even mentioned how good his playmaking and defense was in the 3 years the Lakers made the finals.

Don't tell me any current player can do that. Durant is balling out of his mind right now, and I'm not gonna disrespect KD by saying it's not close, but lets not forget what Kobe did when he was at his best.

r0drig0lac
01-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Kobe 06-07
32/6/5 58TS
10 50pt games
2 60pt games
4 50pt games in a row
33/5/4 56TS Playoffs
this, and I do not even like kobe​​, but here it seems that the past is erased from memory

branslowski
01-18-2014, 03:43 PM
Kobe 06-07
32/6/5 58TS
10 50pt games
2 60pt games
4 50pt games in a row
33/5/4 56TS Playoffs

Yea, thread. The kids don't seem to remember this. Not even worth arguing.

BigTicket
01-18-2014, 03:45 PM
It's way too early to call Durant better than Kobe, but he does have a shot at ending up that way.

If he can keep it up, Durant will win another scoring title this year + his first MVP. That would mean that at the age of 25, he would have as many MVPs as Kobe, and twice as many scoring titles. It would also lead him tied for 3rd alltime in the amount of scoring titles.

Only two players in NBA history have more than four scoring titles, their names are Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain. Durant could join that list next year, at the age of 26 ...

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Yea, thread. The kids don't seem to remember this. Not even worth arguing.
Prepubescent teen calling other people kids is hillarious. The rest of us who understand the game and actually watched that season remember it well. It just that, while great, it just isnt as impressive as Durant's current season. That is why Kobe didnt win MVP that season and Durant will this season (you'll see):cheers:

branslowski
01-18-2014, 03:53 PM
Prepubescent teen calling other people kids is hillarious. The rest of us who understand the game and actually watched that season remember it well. It just that, while great, it just isnt as impressive as Durant's current season. That is why Kobe didnt win MVP that season and Durant will this season (you'll see):cheers:

Right...Try to troll me better kid. Come on, I'll take the bait if you give the effort...You like a rookie trash talkin Michael Jordan (me), show me somethin, make me wanna drop 50 on you.

truhooper
01-18-2014, 03:53 PM
KD

HoopsFanNumero1
01-18-2014, 03:56 PM
I thought this debate was settled last year. The Kobe kids will keep regurgitating "5 rings" because they're brainwashed by ESPN and the media, but Durant is simply playing better than Kobe ever has.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Right...Try to troll me better kid. Come on, I'll take the bait if you give the effort...You like a rookie trash talkin Michael Jordan (me), show me somethin, make me wanna drop 50 on you.

:oldlol:

HomieWeMajor
01-18-2014, 03:59 PM
This comparison is a bit premature like Lebron23's ejaculation when Lebron dunks

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-18-2014, 04:03 PM
I'm a big Kobe guy, but it's actually pretty close. Right now, KD is playing about as well as ANY perimeter player since Jordan, so there's that.

Gotta agree. Kobe's probably a more explosive scorer, but Durant is consistently dropping 30 a night on blistering efficiency.

SamuraiSWISH
01-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Gotta agree. Kobe's probably a more explosive scorer, but Durant is consistently dropping 30 a night on blistering efficiency.
KD is more consistent, Kobe is absolutely more explosive given his mentality. Let's not act like KD doesn't get cushioning from some very suspect, soft officiating from time to time. That weak, feminine frame of his gets bumped and the league goes into full protect mode to get him on the line.

Cold soul
01-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Kobe 06-07
32/6/5 58TS
10 50pt games
2 60pt games
4 50pt games in a row
33/5/4 56TS Playoffs

This. Durant not on peak Kobe level yet.

Joyner82reload
01-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Durant's at 31/8/5 64 TS% 30 PER .317 WSp48

That's absolutely better than 35/5/4 55 TS% 28.0 PER .224 WSp48

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 04:42 PM

Miles better. Better scorer and rebounder by a fair bit.

Odinn
01-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Wow. This message board has some serious amount of posters young enough to did NOT see prime Kobe...

elementally morale
01-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Kids these days...

no pun intended
01-18-2014, 05:56 PM
is joyner82reload really the original joyner82?

if so, ignore his ass

Deuce Bigalow
01-18-2014, 06:06 PM

Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Duncan, Russell, West, Baylor, ect also never came close to those PER numbers or WS/48 numbers; doesn't mean they were worse than Kevin ****ing Durant :oldlol:

215Philly
01-18-2014, 06:13 PM
Kobe 06-07
32/6/5 58TS
10 50pt games
2 60pt games
4 50pt games in a row
33/5/4 56TS Playoffs
Empty stats :dancin

justin12140
01-18-2014, 06:13 PM

is this really how we compare players now? not one mention of their team or playstyle lets just compare numbers smh

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Duncan, Russell, West, Baylor, ect also never came close to those PER numbers or WS/48 numbers; doesn't mean they were worse than Kevin ****ing Durant :oldlol:

Durant hasnt finished his career yet. He may yet make it into the top 10. But rhey arent comparing careers here; theyre comparing seasons and Durant this season is head and shoulders above what Kobe was in 2006.

BigTicket
01-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Durant hasnt finished his career yet. He may yet make it into the top 10. But rhey arent comparing careers here; theyre comparing seasons and Durant this season is head and shoulders above what Kobe was in 2006.

No, he isn't. And there is still half a season to play.

If Durant could keep playing at his current level for the rest of the season, then you can argue for him over Kobe in 06. But it would still be a close call, not "head and shoulders above".

Durant has a hell of a lot of talent, and he might indeed go down as top 10 alltime, but he's still got about a decade of hard work to do to get there, if he ever does.

Deuce Bigalow
01-18-2014, 06:40 PM
And head and shoulders above any of Bird's, Magic's, Hakeem's, ect

Mr. Jabbar
01-18-2014, 06:40 PM
im a big KD fan but its kobe and not even close

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 06:41 PM
No, he isn't. And there is still half a season to play.

If Durant could keep playing at his current level for the rest of the season, then you can argue for him over Kobe in 06. But it would still be a close call, not "head and shoulders above".

We'll agree to disagree then. If he maintains these numbers, I dont see a legitimate argument for Kobe's 2006 season, but as you said it's possible that Durant's numbers will drop as the season progresses.

knicksman
01-18-2014, 06:48 PM
You got half of that right. Lebron and Durant are better than Kobe has ever been. With Durant? its close. With Lebron, its not even a debate as far as im concerned. The gap is huge.

then explain kobes 10 +/- stats over lebrons 3.7 +/- when paired with stars

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 06:51 PM
then explain kobes 10 +/- stats over lebrons 3.7 +/- when paired with stars

Are you trolling or just an idiot? +/-? GTFO here chump:biggums:

knicksman
01-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Are you trolling or just an idiot? +/-? GTFO here chump:biggums:

then i guess well go by result. Kobe has 5 rings and can easily demolish spurs defense but not lebron..Maybe that explains the +/-:confusedshrug:

Cold soul
01-18-2014, 07:00 PM
We'll agree to disagree then. If he maintains these numbers, I dont see a legitimate argument for Kobe's 2006 season, but as you said it's possible that Durant's numbers will drop as the season progresses.

Kobe peak is greater get over it already.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Kobe peak is greater get over it already.

Err no. A not-yet-at his prime Durant is better than any version of Kobe. Get over it.

Cold soul
01-18-2014, 07:04 PM
Err no. A not-yet-at his prime Durant is better than any version of Kobe. Get over it.

Go troll somewhere else. Nobody takes you seriously here...

BigTicket
01-18-2014, 07:04 PM
then i guess well go by result. Kobe has 5 rings and can easily demolish spurs defense but not lebron..Maybe that explains the +/-:confusedshrug:

Lebron beat the Pistons by himself, Kobe couldn't do it even with the help of Shaq, Malone and Payton

Got an explanation for that ? :confusedshrug:

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Go troll somewhere else. Nobody takes you seriously here...

Says the troll:roll:

Go cry somewhere.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Lebron beat the Pistons by himself, Kobe couldn't do it even with the help of Shaq, Malone and Payton

Worse? Kobe got embarrassed by Prince into 38% shooting but our boy was probably too young to have watched that. I doubt he knows who Ben Wallace is.

Element
01-18-2014, 07:08 PM

06 Pistons=04 Pistons?

04 league=06 league?

Malone didn't even play.

Retard confirmed.

Thank god Boobie Gibson averaged 21ppg on 7 shots in the three straight Cavalier wins to close out the series...

215Philly
01-18-2014, 07:10 PM

Lebron>Kobe duh. It's 2014 and you still don't know this :hammerhead:

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:10 PM
06 Pistons=04 Pistons?

04 league=06 league?

Malone didn't even play.

Retard confirmed.

Thank god Boobie Gibson averaged 21ppg on 7 shots in the three straight Cavalier wins to close out the series...

So you're saying that Lebron was able to get more out of his teammates than Kobe was able to get out of the legends he played with? Good. You have been educated:applause:

knicksman
01-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Worse? Kobe got embarrassed by Prince into 38% shooting but our boy was probably too young to have watched that. I doubt he knows who Ben Wallace is.

look at the reply above. You just exposed your IQ

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Lebron>Kobe duh. It's 2014 and you still don't know this :hammerhead:

Hey man. How did you get an avatat with less than 150 posts? Nice to see Iverson on here btw:cheers:

knicksman
01-18-2014, 07:12 PM
So you're saying that Lebron was able to get more out of his teammates than Kobe was able to get out of the legends he played with? Good. You have been educated:applause:

well thats expected to betas who defers to teammates:lol

BigTicket
01-18-2014, 07:13 PM
06 Pistons=04 Pistons?

04 league=06 league?

Malone didn't even play.

Retard confirmed.

Heh, you know you're grasping for straws when you have to bring up Boobie Gibson as an example of all the help Lebron had :oldlol:

Also, what are these:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200406060LAL.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200406080LAL.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200406100DET.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200406130DET.html

Oh right, those are the box scores of the 4 games Malone played against the Pistons ...

Guess you were too young back then, so your parents didn't let you stay up to watch the games.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:15 PM
look at the reply above. You just exposed your IQ

Derailing the thread? Sounds about right when you have n idea how to answer a point. Big Ticket exposed your IQ, Id say. But I digress.

Bandito
01-18-2014, 07:17 PM
KD is bigger and fast compared to people his height so he is incredibly hard to defend. Compare to Kobe who is a prototypical SG Durant will be seen as a better player.

But, if you see what Kobe did in the league where there were a lot of SG as good as him, and also add that a lot of SG at the time were actually competent, compare to Durant's generation where there aren't a lot of players capable to defend him well (Prime Garnett would destroy him for example), Kobe is just better all around.

Mr Feeny
well thats expected to betas who defers to teammates:lol

If betas get multiple MVPs then Lebron would gladly accept! How's Kobe's mvp cabinet doin Just that solitary one? :lol

Cold soul
Says the troll:roll:

Go cry somewhere.

All you've been doing the whole time is trolling this whole thread. Exposed.

Element
01-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Heh, you know you're grasping for straws when you have to bring up Boobie Gibson as an example of all the help Lebron had :oldlol:

Also, what are these:

Oh right, those are the box scores of the 4 games Malone played against the Pistons ...

Guess you were too young back then, so your parents didn't let you stay up to watch the games.

lol? Malone was fuggin injured. no s.hit he played. just like ariza played in the 08 finals.

boobie gibson had a 31 point game in the close out game doe :roll: while shaq couldnt even muster 20 dominate fga when kobe attempted 13 in game 3. kobe mustve been taking all those shots away from him that game right?

215Philly
01-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Hey man. How did you get an avatat with less than 150 posts? Nice to see Iverson on here btw:cheers:
:cheers: 2013 draft class special service :dancin

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:19 PM

Also, what are these:

He has no idea who Karl Malone is. Go easy on the pooor fella. All he knows is "81" "beta" "alpha"

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:20 PM
All you've been doing the whole time is trolling this whole thread. Exposed.

You certainly have been exposed my friend. Now why dont u give us some input instead of derailing? Tata

knicksman
01-18-2014, 07:21 PM
If betas get multiple MVPs then Lebron would gladly accept! How's Kobe's mvp cabinet doin Just that solitary one? :lol

LMAO what a beta.. You can have your MVPS..alphas only care about results which is rings. Betas arent confident in getting it so they go for stats or individual accolades.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:24 PM
lol? Malone was fuggin injured. no s.hit he played. just like ariza played in the 08 finals.

boobie gibson had a 31 point game in the close out game doe :roll: while shaq couldnt even muster 20 dominate fga when kobe attempted 13 in game 3. kobe mustve been taking all those shots away from him that game right?

Shaq shot better than 60 percent but his sidekick who was shackled on singke coverage to the tune of an embarassing 38% shooting wouldnt let him touch the ball. Shaq comolained about this in the aftrmath of his 13-16 game. Phil Jackson corroborated this in his book. abut I guess akobe fan boys know better than Phi:oldlol: :roll:

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:24 PM
LMAO what a beta.. You can have your MVPS..alphas only care about results which is rings. Betas arent confident in getting it so they go for stats or individual accolades.

Alrighty then:oldlol:

knicksman
01-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Shaq shot better than 60 percent but his sidekick who was shackled on singke coverage to the tune of an embarassing 38% shooting wouldnt let him touch the ball. Shaq comolained about this in the aftrmath of his 13-16 game. Phil Jackson corroborated this in his book. abut I guess akobe fan boys know better than Phi:oldlol: :roll:

only betas wouldnt understand why kobe did that

knicksman
01-18-2014, 07:27 PM
its ok to bring the 6-24 performance but bringing up pistons series?! REally, You just exposed your betaness

Element
01-18-2014, 07:32 PM

:lol :lol

Guess you got the players mixed up. Shaq was the one who received single coverage from Big Ben. Pistons knew that Shaq had lost a step and wouldn't be able to punish them for a 30+ ppg series anymore, like he did during the three peat (when teams were doubling and tripling him relentlessley :bowdown: ). It allowed them to basically shut the entire perimeter down since Karl Malone was injured and couldn't relieve any pressure off Shaq/help with spacing for Kobe's (non-existent) driving lanes.

Kobe since 03 was being game-planned for more than Shaq.

ArbitraryWater
01-18-2014, 07:34 PM
The current Durant is better than ANY Kobe version ever.

In fact, last year's too.

Kobe stans better get ready for moving another player over him all time, in the future.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:35 PM
:lol :lol

Guess you got the players mixed up. Shaq was the one who received single coverage from Big Ben. Pistons knew that Shaq had lost a step and wouldn't be able to punish them for a 30+ ppg series anymore, like he did during the three peat (when teams were doubling and tripling him relentlessley :bowdown: ). It allowed them to basically shut the entire perimeter down since Karl Malone was injured and couldn't relieve any pressure off Shaq/help with spacing for Kobe's (non-existent) driving lanes.

Kobe since 03 was being game-planned for more than Shaq.

Not exactly. I have the games on dvds and only see Kobe being guarded on single coverage by Prince, the same guy Lebron torched 2 years later but akobe unfortunately wasnt good enoough to do so in 2004 even while having Shaq on his team demanding double and triple teams.:no:

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:36 PM

Kobe stans better get ready for moving another player over him all time, in the future.

Shhhh dont tell them the truth. They cant handle it.

Heavincent
01-18-2014, 07:41 PM
The Jan 14 posters are truly awful.

Dr Hawk
01-18-2014, 07:44 PM
I don't know who is better, but I know I'd rather watch 25 years old Kobe play than current Durant.

Kobe has a special aura.

Element
01-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Not exactly. I have the games on dvds and only see Kobe being guarded on single coverage by Prince, the same guy Lebron torched 2 years later but akobe unfortunately wasnt good enoough to do so in 2004 even while having Shaq on his team demanding double and triple teams.:no:

Lol that's what you see...what you probably didn't notice is 2 other players shading Kobe left and right and closing off driving lanes. And if he did get through, Big Ben and Rasheed were waiting lol. Notice how, the second he puts the ball on the floor heading to the rim, there are multiple pistons jerseys all right in his airspace.

The Pistons had the luxury of having Ben on their team, who could at least prevent Shaq from dropping 35 every night without being doubled. Shaq was clearly out of his 00-02 or even 03 form, at least offensively (defensively, 04>03 Shaq). This allowed them to play him single coverage. Not having to double a player down low in turn allowed them to commit a ton of attention to the perimeter and especially Kobe, since closing out on shooters after helping out 17 feet away from the basket is easier than sprinting back after doubling Shaq right by the basket. GP/Fish/Malone/etc sucking dick regardless of how open their shots were didn't help either, obviously.

chazzy
01-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Wait, do you even know who he is? Do you know he wasn't on the 07 Pistons?

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Wait, do you even know who he is? Do you know he wasn't on the 07 Pistons?

Who the **** said he was? ! I certainnly didn't.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Lol that's what you see...what you probably didn't notice is 2 other players shading Kobe left and right and closing off driving lanes. And if he did get through, Big Ben and Rasheed were waiting lol. Notice how, the second he puts the ball on the floor heading to the rim, there are multiple pistons jerseys all right in his airspace.

The Pistons had the luxury of having Ben on their team, who could at least prevent Shaq from dropping 35 every night without being doubled. Shaq was clearly out of his 00-02 or even 03 form, at least offensively (defensively, 04>03 Shaq). This allowed them to play him single coverage. Not having to double a player down low in turn allowed them to commit a ton of attention to the perimeter and especially Kobe, since closing out on shooters after helping out 17 feet away from the basket is easier than sprinting back after doubling Shaq right by the basket. GP/Fish/Malone/etc sucking dick regardless of how open their shots were didn't help either, obviously.

Again not quite right. One player (Shaq) was dominating and another(Kobe) was stinking uo the place with his 38% shooting yet took more shots than Shaq. Shaq publically complained that Kobe was sabotaging the team and Phil Jackson himself accused Kobe of doing just that in his book. Ofcourse they would know more than you.

Element
01-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Again not quite right. One player (Shaq) was dominating and another(Kobe) was stinking uo the place with his 38% shooting yet took more shots than Shaq. Shaq pu lically complained that Kobe was sabotaging the team and Phil Jackson himseld accused Kobe of doing just that in his book. Ofcourse they wouod know more than you.

ok

Mr. Jabbar
01-18-2014, 08:00 PM

ill place a 24 hr. reminder on my cell phone to neg you for the next 5 years

ArbitraryWater
01-18-2014, 08:01 PM
ok

ok... ok?

Basically got nothing left cause your ass got exposed or what?

Mr Feeny

Haha im new here but I love this guy. Always has me laughing:oldlol:

ArbitraryWater

:cry:

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 08:02 PM
ok... ok?

Basically got nothing left cause your ass got exposed or what?

Basically. He knows nothing about basketball. Posts a bunch of pics and talks about 'alpha'. The usual. Don't waste ur time:applause:

Bandito
01-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Haha im new here but I love this guy. Always has me laughing:oldlol:
He's not kidding though, he will do it and has been doing to a certain member before.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 08:06 PM
He's not kidding though, he will do it and has been doing to a certain member before.

Omg haha. Ok ill watch out not to piss the f'er off. Cheers mate

ArbitraryWater
01-18-2014, 08:08 PM

Seriously? :eek: :(

indiefan24
01-18-2014, 08:22 PM

:roll:

indiefan24
01-18-2014, 08:23 PM
im a big KD fan but its kobe and not even close

Head and shoulders

Cold soul
01-18-2014, 08:24 PM
You certainly have been exposed my friend. Now why dont u give us some input instead of derailing? Tata

Kobe is the better scorer, playmaker, passer, handles, offensive skill set, post game, more dynamic scorer. Kobe is way more diverse meaning that he can beat you other ways that Durant has shown. On top of being superior playoff performer and winner. Kobe wasn't named the the top player of 2000's decade for nothing by numerous media outlets and analyst and current/former players.

Let me know when Durant puts up these numbers in single month. That March in 2007 Kobe was insane.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Head and shoulders

I agree thats why I said its head and shoulders above Kobe's season. Im glad u agree:applause:

Bandito
01-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Seriously? :eek: :(
Are you Scared?:D

Mr Feeny
Kobe is the better scorer, playmaker, passer, handles, offensive skill set, post game, more dynamic scorer. Kobe is way more diverse meaning that he can beat you other ways that Durant has shown. On top of being superior playoff performer and winner. Kobe wasn't named the the top player of 2000's decade for nothing by numerous media outlets and analyst and current/former players.

Let me know when Durant puts up these numbers in single month. That March in 2007 Kobe was insane.

And Kobe has just one solitary mvp for good reason. Durant will tie that after this season. Call me when Kobe shoots 47% for a season:roll:

indiefan24
I agree thats why I said its head and shoulders above Kobe's season. Im glad u agree:applause:

Reading comprehension :oldlol:

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Reading comprehension :oldlol:

Like I said im glad u have finally seen the light. Its a pleasue educating you:applause:

knicksman
01-18-2014, 08:28 PM
kobe is more skilled but kd makes up for it with height so he becomes better. But lebron, what he has are bunch of skills that look pretty on the statsheet but arent needed to win rings. Thats why he has to join a proven player to win rings for him :lol

Bandito
01-18-2014, 08:30 PM
kobe is more skilled but kd makes up for it with height so he becomes betterThat's really what in the end it comes too. Height vs height...

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 08:30 PM
kobe is more skilled but kd makes up for it with height so he becomes better. But lebron, what he has are bunch of skills that look pretty on the statsheet but arent needed to win rings. Thats why he has to join a proven player to win rings for him :lol

Talk to me about beta some more plz....:bowdown:

knicksman
01-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Talk to me about beta some more plz....:bowdown:

bowing on me is a sign of a beta

Cold soul
01-18-2014, 08:39 PM
And Kobe has just one solitary mvp for good reason. Durant will tie that after this season. Call me when Kobe shoots 47% for a season:roll:

Is that the best you can come up with? Wait, Nash has 2 MVP compared to Shaq and Kobe lonely (1) so that must mean Nash greater than both, right? That's your argument. :facepalm

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Is that the best you can come up with? Wait, Nash has 2 MVP compared to Shaq and Kobe lonely (1) so that must mean Nash greater than both, right? That's your argument. :facepalm

Shaq has 3 finals MVPS to Nash's zero and has the third highest PER all time. athe onky 2 players better? Jordan and Lebron who has 2 finals MVPS and 4 reg season ones. Cry cry cyi
http://thesportsflush.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/lebron-mvp-finals-16x9.jpg

knicksman
01-18-2014, 08:44 PM

thats what betas are after, mvps. They have low standards.

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 08:45 PM
bowing on me is a sign of a beta

How about that pic tho? Is Lebron alpha or beta when he aint got no worries and holds championship in one hand and finals mvp in the other?:applause:

Magic 32
01-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Shaq has 3 finals MVPS to Nash's zero and has the third highest PER all time. athe onky 2 players better? Jordan and Lebron who has 2 finals MVPS and 4 reg season ones. Cry cry cyi

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2013/04/ray-allen-lebron-powder-toss.jpg

alec613
01-18-2014, 08:49 PM
If KD has elite defense, then yeah, KD would be better than Kobe have ever been

knicksman
01-18-2014, 08:50 PM
How about that pic tho? Is Lebron alpha or beta when he aint got no worries and holds championship in one hand and finals mvp in the other?:applause:

well hes the worst kind. a sheep in a wolf's clothing. Getting a ring in an unfair way. Well thats how low the standards of betas are. They would settle for cheated rings w/c is worse than a 2nd option rings

Mr Feeny
01-18-2014, 08:53 PM
well hes the worst kind. a sheep in a wolf's clothing. Getting a ring in an unfair way. Well thats how low the standards of betas are. They would settle for cheated rings w/c is worse than a 2nd option rings
Haha ok rhat was nice. You're atleast funny. This magic32 Kobe ******ger is just sad. ateach him how to be alpha plz so that he may at least make us laugh:facepalm

Combat Wombat
01-18-2014, 08:56 PM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2013/04/ray-allen-lebron-powder-toss.jpg

:roll: :roll:

Cold soul
01-18-2014, 09:49 PM

Wow you're a dumb@#&*.

TheMarkMadsen
02-22-2014, 03:34 PM
just in case you guys missed it we don't need to make a new topic to discuss this :confusedshrug:

RightToCensor
02-22-2014, 03:39 PM
just in case you guys missed it we don't need to make a new topic to discuss this :confusedshrug:
Shut up bitch snitch fakkit

TheMarkMadsen
02-22-2014, 03:44 PM
Shut up bitch snitch fakkit

Shouldn't you be on realGM making threads about how shitty ISH is..

ArbitraryWater
02-22-2014, 03:54 PM
it could be a perfect team if he had a pass-first type of a point guard.

:lol For real man, where is that dude getting that shit from?

Literally the first thing to check would be having a great asg pass-first type PG. Westbrook isn't close to being pass first, hes a scoring gunner...