PDA

View Full Version : WTF Happened To OJ Mayo

Smook A.
01-18-2014, 10:17 PM
This dude's prime were his first 2 years in the NBA. He would put up 18 ppg, and now he can barely put up 10. How did he fall this quickly? What happened to him? His shots barely fall in

To be honest after his fantastic rookie year, I thought he'd become the next great SG after Kobe and Wade. Now he comes off the bench for the bucks.

215Philly
01-18-2014, 10:20 PM
The BUCKS happened :facepalm

moe94
01-18-2014, 10:20 PM
I believed in the compact Mamba hype.

NuggetsFan
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Gotta look at situations with statistics. He was a young high draft pick his rookie year, played the most minutes of his career. Given the biggest green light. By his 3rd year in Memphis they went in another direction and he wasn't even starting. Came close to having a similar role in Dallas last year and looked pretty decent at times. What he average, like 2 points like than his 2nd season?

He's still the same Mayo. Could probably put up 17 a game in the right situation. Still a good shooter, still doesn't have great physical tools. Never been good enough to be the focal point of an offense and Memphis realized that for everybody else so now not used as such, even in Milwaukee.

Smook A.
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Last year with the Mavs he was putting up 20 ppg before the all star break and after it he sucked. He probably averaged around 13 on 35% shooting. SMH maybe it was lack of hard work. I really thought he would become something special

Smook A.
01-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Gotta look at situations with statistics. He was a young high draft pick his rookie year, played the most minutes of his career. Given the biggest green light. By his 3rd year in Memphis they went in another direction and he wasn't even starting. Came close to having a similar role in Dallas last year and looked pretty decent at times. What he average, like 2 points like than his 2nd season?

He's still the same Mayo. Could probably put up 17 a game in the right situation. Still a good shooter, still doesn't have great physical tools. Never been good enough to be the focal point of an offense and Memphis realized that for everybody else so now not used as such, even in Milwaukee.
He's FG% has dropped dramatically, so maybe it just him not working hard enough

215Philly
01-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Last year with the Mavs he was putting up 20 ppg before the all star break and after it he sucked. He probably averaged around 13 on 35% shooting. SMH maybe lack of hard work. I really thought he would become something special
I think it's lack of motivation. He really need to be on a serious contending team.

oarabbus
01-18-2014, 10:27 PM
I was literally about to make this topic lol

Uncle Drew
01-18-2014, 10:28 PM
Michael Jordan happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goInA2sgWNs

SamuraiSWISH
01-18-2014, 10:31 PM
Jordan, and Kobe torched him consecutively in summer camps. He was never the same again.

NuggetsFan
01-18-2014, 10:32 PM
He's FG% has dropped dramatically, so maybe it just him not working hard enough

Not really. He's at his lowest but the sample size is what like not even half the season ? Not to mention he's been shuffled around from the bench to starting on a pretty bad Bucks team.

Players FG% can hop around. He's down what like 4% from last year? He had a few years only 1% difference than this season. If you gave Mayo 38 minutes a game, the green light he could probably average 17-18 a game and the team would go nowhere so nobody wants to do it. He's no worse than when he was as a rookie.

He's 26. People realize what he is now so that's how he's used. Coming into the league as a highly regarded young player he was obviously given a chance.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-18-2014, 10:33 PM
I don't know, but he has to be the least clutch player in the NBA right now.

navy
01-18-2014, 10:35 PM
Jordan, and Kobe torched him consecutively in summer camps. He was never the same again.
Those were years ago.

The Bucks happened. Look what they did to Monta Ellis.

HylianNightmare
01-18-2014, 10:35 PM
i was onboard his hype wagon for a while probably cause of oja64mamba

Cold soul
01-19-2014, 12:45 AM

Haha this. They stole his soul.

ArbitraryWater
01-19-2014, 12:47 AM
I don't know, but he has to be the least clutch player in the NBA right now.

Oh man, please dont. The amount of games he threw away for my mavs last year was just :banghead: :banghead: :rant :rant

oarabbus
01-19-2014, 01:37 AM

Why would getting torched by the two greatest SG in NBA history make you never the same again? Unless Jordan ****ed him mentally like he did to Kwame

Fire Colangelo
01-19-2014, 01:40 AM
Carlisle ether happened.

The guy just doesn't give a damn out there. If his shot is falling he's decent, if it's not he's useless. Can't defend, doesn't move off ball, nothing.

Akrazotile
01-19-2014, 01:53 AM
He got popped for PED, thats what happened. And he was never that good to begin with.

HurricaneKid
01-19-2014, 02:14 AM
You blame the Bucks? Have you seen him this year? He signed a 24M contract and promptly sat his @ss on the couch, ate Fritos and gained 20 pounds. He doesn't even resemble an NBA athlete at this point.

PsychoBe
01-19-2014, 04:14 AM
i'm ashamed to say this but back when kevin durant and oj mayo played a televised game of horse i thought mayo would have a better or at least similar career to durant :facepalm

what we're witnessing is the importance of the mentality of the game both on and off the court. to work hard and put yourself in the right situation at the right time instead of forcing trades. if he stayed on the grizzlies he could have been apart of something special, and if he had stayed consistent with the mavs the same rules would have applied, but now look at him. he looks like shawn kemp at the end of his career.

pathetic and sad. a true tragedy.

Pra
01-19-2014, 10:20 AM
3rd or 4th WTF OJ Mayo thread in like a week :roll: :roll: He can't function without Lionel Hollins and Memphis's system. Rick Carlisie ethered him on the Mavericks so he's still recovering from that too.

Milbuck
01-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Cut the ****

shallehalle
02-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Millbuck, what's with MAYO? He isn't ill, that's for sure, so what's up with him not even playing?

ImKobe
02-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Playing for a bad franchise happened. I think he could be a solid 20-25 mpg player on a Playoff team. He showed the potential last season before hitting a cold streak.

poido123
02-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Millbuck, what's with MAYO? He isn't ill, that's for sure, so what's up with him not even playing?

It took me literally 5 seconds to google it. You should try it some time :hammerhead:

http://news.rotowire.com/O.J.-Mayo-googid193434-spnba.htm

JohnFreeman
02-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Mayo $8million a year...:biggums:

East_Stone_Ya
02-20-2014, 10:11 AM
last year with Dallas he played great when Dirk was out, now just sucks

shallehalle
02-20-2014, 10:28 AM
It took me literally 5 seconds to google it. You should try it some time :hammerhead:

http://news.rotowire.com/O.J.-Mayo-googid193434-spnba.htm
:biggums:

read what i wrote before responding.. and there is nothing said about why he really missed a month..

before responding think a little bit

BrainDead
02-20-2014, 10:31 AM
Drugs

Golden Grizz
02-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Tony Allen beat his ass that's what happened http://sports.yahoo.com/news/grizzlies-allen-mayo-fight-plane-054300984--nba.html

Milbuck
02-20-2014, 01:07 PM
Cut the shit. He was given a chance in Memphis to prove his worth and he ****ed up. Same thing in Dallas. There's no excuse. Except maybe MJ. Perhaps.

Oh, and let's ignore injuries too.

VIntageNOvel
02-20-2014, 01:14 PM
those who blame the mighty bucks for this scrub :pimp:

millbuck, i got your back hommie

Milbuck
02-20-2014, 01:19 PM
those who blame the mighty bucks for this scrub :pimp:

millbuck, i got your back hommie
:cheers: when we're winning it all and the bandwagoners start piling up, I'll bump this. You're an honorary Bucks fan :dancin :banana:

FrenchDude
02-20-2014, 02:08 PM
To think that AI called Mayo a superstar once..

What happened to lilojmayo?

Milbuck
02-20-2014, 02:12 PM
To think that AI called Mayo a superstar once..

What happened to lilojmayo?
I'm pretty sure I saw him at RealGM. I got the **** out of that shithole though.