PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge another 30/10 game..

BlazerRed
01-19-2014, 02:39 AM
In only 31 minutes, on the second night of a back-to-back, @Dallas.

Not worthy of all-star starting spot doe.. :coleman:

moe94
01-19-2014, 02:40 AM
All-Star is about votes. No one gives a shit about jump shooting bigs. We trying to see some dunks, homey.

buddha
01-19-2014, 02:42 AM
Portland's bench sucks. each Blazers starter will have to play 40+ minutes in the playoffs, no way they make it past the second round.

Dr.J4ever
LA threatening to become the best PF in the league.:bowdown:

BlazerRed
All-Star is about votes. No one gives a shit about jump shooting bigs. We trying to see some dunks, homey.
People don't like a beast of a man hitting step-back jump shots in nikkas face left-right and center? :biggums:

BlazerRed
01-19-2014, 02:43 AM
Portland's bench sucks. each Blazers starters will have to play 40+ minutes in the playoffs, no way they make it past the second round.
LOL we were up 35 points in the third.. bench comes in for the fourth, lead drops down to 12 points in like 7 minutes and starters need to come in a few more minutes :roll: That was no Mo Williams on the bench though.

buddha
01-19-2014, 02:45 AM
LOL we were up 35 points in the third.. bench comes in for the fourth, lead drops down to 12 points in like 7 minutes and starters need to come in a few more minutes :roll: That was no Mo Williams on the bench though.

Saved my fantasy night:cheers:

moe94
01-19-2014, 02:45 AM
People don't like a beast of a man hitting step-back jump shots in nikkas face left-right and center? :biggums:

You know casuals and you know what they like. Don't act surprised.

BlazerRed
01-19-2014, 02:46 AM
You know casuals and you know what they like. Don't act surprised.
Casuals! *Shakes fist

oarabbus
01-19-2014, 02:46 AM

Casual fans would rather see Blake, no question. Not to hate on Blake though, he's beasting without CP3.

PleezeBelieve
01-19-2014, 02:47 AM
He's the MVP

BlazerRed
01-19-2014, 02:49 AM
Casual fans would rather see Blake, no question. Not to hate on Blake though, he's beasting without CP3.
I'm not going to act like Blake hasn't been great out there, but LMA = a sexy man and the best PF in the NBA this year. Probably second in MVP voting if I were doing it, probably at fourth/fifth though if scrub media doing it.

moe94
01-19-2014, 02:50 AM
Aldridge looks like Lil Reese.

Am I the only one who sees it?

http://cdn.stupiddope.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/rapper-lil-reese.jpg

Trollsmasher
01-19-2014, 02:51 AM
OP checking the boxscore after discovering that the Blazers played tonight:applause:

HoopsFanNumero1
01-19-2014, 02:54 AM
And yet, OP wants Durant to win MVP :lol

moe94
01-19-2014, 02:56 AM
And yet, OP wants Durant to win MVP :lol

So, if he wants Aldridge to win, he's a delusional stan/homer

If he wants Durant to win, he's not a real fan.

Ya'll reaching. :coleman:

STATUTORY
01-19-2014, 02:58 AM

are you a big faye wong fan, must be the 2nd photo you used as her avatar now

HoopsFanNumero1
01-19-2014, 03:00 AM

I don't recall saying he'd be a delusional Stan. But there is something odd with a so called Blazers fan rooting so hard for someone else to win MVP when there's a great candidate on the Blazers.

moe94
01-19-2014, 03:00 AM
are you a big faye wong fan, must be the 2nd photo you used as her avatar now

Everyone should be.

BlazerRed
01-19-2014, 03:06 AM

ISH for you :lol

I don't recall saying he'd be a delusional Stan. But there is something odd with a so called Blazers fan rooting so hard for someone else to win MVP when there's a great candidate on the Blazers.
I'm not "rooting" for Durant to win the MVP at all.. I NEVER said that. Durant is having the better season, that's fact. He's my second favorite player, so of course I'm going to be happy for him. I'd much rather him over Lebron. I'm not delusional like the Lebron stans who thinks he's playing better than Durant. Sue me?

BGriffin's Dad
01-19-2014, 03:11 AM
Griffin 2013-14
22.5 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 3.3 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 52.8% FG, 33.3% 3PT, 71.4% FT
26 double-doubles
40+ point games: 1
16+ rebound games: 2
6+ assist games: 5
3+ steal games: 5
3+ block games: 2

Aldridge 2013-14
23.9 PPG, 11.2 RPG, 2.9 APG, 0.9 SPG, 1.0 BPG, 47.5% FG, 14.3% 3PT, 82.0% FT
23 double-doubles
40+ point games: 0
16+ rebound games: 4
6+ assist games: 0
3+ steal games: 2
3+ block games: 4

LMA is doing pretty good, finally averaging double-digit rebounds for the first time in his 8-year career... but he's still not better than Griffin

HoopsFanNumero1
01-19-2014, 03:13 AM
ISH for you :lol

I'm not "rooting" for Durant to win the MVP at all.. I NEVER said that. Durant is having the better season, that's fact. He's my second favorite player, so of course I'm going to be happy for him. I'd much rather him over Lebron. I'm not delusional like the Lebron stans who thinks he's playing better than Durant. Sue me?

You expect anyone to believe that ? :lol

BlazerRed
01-19-2014, 03:14 AM
Griffin 2013-14
26 double-doubles

Aldridge 2013-14
23 double-doubles

LMA is doing pretty good, finally averaging double-digit rebounds for the first time in his 8-year career... but he's still not better than Griffin

Aldridge is doing "pretty good"? :lol

Come on man, LMA is beasting. BG is doing great, I said that on the first page, but LMA is leading his team to the best record in the conference and flat out dominating opponents. He also is a VITAL part of this team, take him out and we're lottery bound. He's the reason our three-point shoots get so many wide open opportunities.

BlazerRed
01-19-2014, 03:15 AM
You expect anyone to believe that ? :lol

I don't care if anyone believes that.. but if you care enough to post here multiple times without any relevance to the OP then thanks for your support :applause:

maybeshewill13
01-19-2014, 03:25 AM
LMA is a naughty boy :pimp:

Djsonny
01-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Griffin 2013-14
26 double-doubles

Aldridge 2013-14
23 double-doubles

It just shows you LA scores more and plays better defense. The fact that clips on paper has better players yet cannot win as much, shows you who is more valuable for their team.

ArbitraryWater
01-19-2014, 04:14 PM
OP checking the boxscore after discovering that the Blazers played tonight:applause:

:oldlol:

TexasBloodMoney
01-19-2014, 04:18 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that Aldridge is the best PF in the game right now. But how many times are people gonna bitch about the all-star game? We know how this ish plays out. The same players get the votes every time but that shouldn't take anything away from what LMA is doing atm.

kenny817
01-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Aldridge been in the league like 7 years and never even sniffed the 2nd round of the playoffs

tbh

BlazerRed
01-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Aldridge been in the league like 7 years and never even sniffed the 2nd round of the playoffs

tbh
Oh what a surprise.. I guess Roy and Oden had nothing to do with that.. What team in the last 7 years have we had that could have made any noise in the playoffs. Nikka please :facepalm

Inferno
01-19-2014, 04:40 PM

tbh

He's from your city, no respect for him? :coleman:

:lol

Dro
01-19-2014, 04:45 PM

Anyway, of course he's better than Blake Griffin, but he's still not better than Kevin Love. Love doesn't play any defense but he's more dominant on offense than LMA and neither of them play all that close to the basket so neither really make their teammates better by drawing double teams from what I've seen...

Inferno
01-19-2014, 04:48 PM

Anyway, of course he's better than Blake Griffin, but he's still not better than Kevin Love. Love doesn't play any defense but he's more dominant on offense than LMA and neither of them play all that close to the basket so neither really make their teammates better by drawing double teams from what I've seen...

Don't watch too many Minny games, but LMA does definitely initiate the Blazers offense a lot. He gets the ball, gets doubled, then kicks it out, and the Blazers make a bunch of hockey-passes resulting in an open 3.

kenny817
01-19-2014, 05:00 PM
He's from your city, no respect for him? :coleman:

I got love for Aldridge. Used to go watch him play at Seagoville High Schoolall the time. He was great then and he's even better now

BlazerRed
01-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Don't watch too many Minny games, but LMA does definitely initiate the Blazers offense a lot. He gets the ball, gets doubled, then kicks it out, and the Blazers make a bunch of hockey-passes resulting in an open 3.
This. Holy shit ignorance at it's best from Dro. People shouldn't post if they have no idea what they're talking about. How the hell do people think we get so many threes? Pass into Aldridge, he gets doubled, kick out out, pass around the perimeter = open three

kidd2dwill
01-19-2014, 05:19 PM
In only 31 minutes, on the second night of a back-to-back, @Dallas.

Not worthy of all-star starting spot doe.. :coleman:
congrats on having the best PF in the league. :applause:

BlazerRed
01-19-2014, 05:20 PM
congrats on having the best PF in the league. :applause:
:cheers:

Dro
01-22-2014, 02:31 PM
This. Holy shit ignorance at it's best from Dro. People shouldn't post if they have no idea what they're talking about. How the hell do people think we get so many threes? Pass into Aldridge, he gets doubled, kick out out, pass around the perimeter = open three
No need to get so defensive, I get you're a Blazer fan. I didn't even diss the guy, jesus. Ok, so he gets double teamed, my bad...Still, whenever I watch the Blazers play he's RARELY close to the basket...he's shooting 17 foot jumpers and turnaround jumpshots from the baseline...Now if teams are still doubling him because he's scoring, that seems kind've dumb to me. I understand the dude is money but I'm not doubling a guy who is not dominating close the basket unless he's going off like Durant or something...If a guy wants to take long jumpers, let him, just like teams let Kevin Love do. And it makes Loves teammates even less effective. The Blazers have a dominant PF but are still basically a jump shooting team, are they not? And jump shooting teams are less effective in the playoffs...

YouGotServed
01-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Not hating on the guy, he's good not great. He's not "I'll put my team on my back and take them to the finals" great.

For someone who is supposedly the cornerstone of his team's offense, I swear he gets assisted on a ton of his baskets. Is there a stat for that? Seems like dude spends more time shooting jumpers (again, his jumpers are assisted, meaning he's not the one creating) than actually posting up and creating for his teammates.

I guess my point is Blazer fans act like this guy is the key for the Blazers offense, the offense runs through him. I suppose that's somewhat true, but I'd like to see a stat. Anyone wants to chime in?

RightToCensor
01-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Not hating on the guy, he's good not great. He's not "I'll put my team on my back and take them to the finals" great.

For someone who is supposedly the cornerstone of his team's offense, I swear he gets assisted on a ton of his baskets. Is there a stat for that? Seems like dude spends more time shooting jumpers (again, his jumpers are assisted, meaning he's not the one creating) than actually posting up and creating for his teammates.

I guess my point is Blazer fans act like this guy is the key for the Blazers offense, the offense runs through him. I suppose that's somewhat true, but I'd like to see a stat. Anyone wants to chime in?
I've said all there needs to be said about LMA and his impact compared to someone like Dwight.

Dro
01-22-2014, 02:54 PM

This is my point and you said it better than I did...I don't see a guy who carries the team on his back...I see a team with a great starting 5 who all help EACH OTHER be the best they can be. He's just the best player on the team but that doesn't make him a superstar. He's been good for a while now but Portland hasn't done anything until they got him a great point guard and solid team around him...

qrich
01-22-2014, 03:41 PM
It just shows you LA scores more and plays better defense. The fact tht clips on paper has better players yet cannot win as much, shows you who is more valuable for their team.

LA: 24.2 ppg on 47.6/12.5/81.6 while taking 21.1 shot per game while playing 36.9 minutes and drtg of 104.
Biff: 22.5 ppg on 52.3/29.6/71.3 while taking 15.9 shots per game in 36.2 minutes and a drtg of 102

Very impressive to score 1.7 more points while taking 5.2 more shots per game. :oldlol: