PDA

View Full Version : Lebron will never be GOAT

knicksman
01-19-2014, 06:38 PM
He doesnt have the will to surpass his idols #23 and #6 so his ceiling would be no. 4 all time. kobe idolizes jordan but the moment he became a member of this league, he never recognized jordan as his idol.

Im so nba'd out
01-19-2014, 06:39 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif.pagespeed.ce.9QpcvOK1BI.gi f

Black and White
01-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Agreed, though this is a repetitive thread, LeBron won't pass

MJ
Kareem
Russell

Eric Cartman
01-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Does he care about being the GOAT? Think about it...

Living in Miami with a bunch of chicks, playing a childs game with your best friends for money while being the best in the world at it, having 2 young healthy kids, enjoying life in so many ways most of us can only dream off.

Would you care about being the GOAT?

moe94
01-19-2014, 06:41 PM

MJ
Kareem
Russell

lol

Wilt >

Black and White
01-19-2014, 06:42 PM
lol

Wilt >

You can add more if you like, Wilt, Magic maybe, Bird?

AnaheimLakers24
01-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Does he care about being the GOAT? Think about it...

Living in Miami with a bunch of chicks, playing a childs game with your best friends for money while being the best in the world at it, having 2 young healthy kids, enjoying life in so many ways most of us can only dream off.

Would you care about being the GOAT?
what do chciks have to do with anything? dude is married to a goblin and has a 3inch dagger. doubt hed cheat

moe94
01-19-2014, 06:46 PM
You can add more if you like, Wilt, Magic maybe, Bird?
LeBron is on pace to surpass all of them, career wise. Jordan and KAJ are his only real concerns in terms of resume.

Black and White
01-19-2014, 06:51 PM
LeBron is on pace to surpass all of them, career wise. Jordan and KAJ are his only real concerns in terms of resume.

It's difficult to say in regards to Russell, because it comes down to how you rank his titles

riseagainst
01-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Water is wet.

DaSeba5
01-19-2014, 07:50 PM

Agreed

bizil
01-19-2014, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. Bron will likely play another 10 years and will have some EPIC ASS NUMBERS before he's done. He has a chance to be the all time scoring leader possibly. And that's insane for a guy who's frankly a pass first kind of player. Big O and Bron are in their own class for shit like that. Guys who average 27-30 a night but are pass first guys. Secondly, Bron has a versatility on both sides of the ball that can't be touched by ANYBODY!! As great as MJ is, he not as versatile as Bron due to size. And keep in mind that MJ was STILL the best player in the L at 35 years of age. And probably would have kept that mantle if he never retired until he regressed a bit and Shaq starting really tearing shit up with the Lakers. So Bron still has a GREAT shot to be the GOAT!!

Black and White
01-19-2014, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. Bron will likely play another 10 years and will have some EPIC ASS NUMBERS before he's done. He has a chance to be the all time scoring leader possibly. And that's insane for a guy who's frankly a pass first kind of player. Big O and Bron are in their own class for shit like that. Guys who average 27-30 a night but are pass first guys. Secondly, Bron has a versatility on both sides of the ball that can't be touched by ANYBODY!! As great as MJ is, he not as versatile as Bron due to size. And keep in mind that MJ was STILL the best player in the L at 35 years of age. And probably would have kept that mantle if he never retired until he regressed a bit and Shaq starting really tearing shit up with the Lakers. So Bron still has a GREAT shot to be the GOAT!!

He will be 39????

oh the horror
01-19-2014, 11:15 PM

I don't think you realize what 10 years is exactly for a ball player. That's a LOT of wear and tear.

With that said I'm tired of this GOAT convo.

Why can't he just be Bron, one of the best ever and people let it be what it will be?

Mr Feeny
01-20-2014, 03:16 AM

Agreed though I think he'll pass Kareem. When its all said and done, he'll go down as the second greatest player ever in my opinion. And who's to say he won't be ablr to pass Jordan?

Dro
01-20-2014, 03:19 AM
I'm sure KBlaze will close this when he sees it...Another redundant Lebron thread, no offense OP...

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-20-2014, 03:28 AM
Kobes 35 and hes done same with KG, Timmy etc
Lebron relies on athleticism way more than them and Lebron has played way more career minutes compared to them at the same age.............
Lebron has another 4yrs tops at a high level before the decline is real

The Iron Fist
01-20-2014, 04:47 AM
Agreed though I think he'll pass Kareem. When its all said and done, he'll go down as the second greatest player ever in my opinion. And who's to say he won't be ablr to pass Jordan?
http://media.themalaysianinsider.com/assets/uploads/resizer/sp_kareem1711_540_373_100.jpg

Mr. Jabbar
01-20-2014, 04:49 AM
his ceiling is top10-12 if he doesnt prove himself outside such a stacked team imo.

GOAT? kirby, pls..

kurple
01-20-2014, 04:51 AM

http://3219a2.medialib.glogster.com/media/06/06f5e787c9b617225644b55c276c24d119a6bc364ff3a49872 b14e341017f3b1/billrussell-rings-jpg.jpg

You are pretty funny, but GOAT rankings might not be your thing

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 05:09 AM
He's already top 4

Mr. Jabbar
01-20-2014, 05:11 AM
He's already top 40

nice catch :applause:

moe94
01-20-2014, 05:11 AM

That mad your blood boil, didn't it?

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 05:14 AM
4 best players of all time...

LeBron James
Michael Jordan
Shaquille O'Neal
Wilt Chamberlain

Mr. Jabbar
01-20-2014, 05:15 AM

LeBron James
Michael Jordan
Shaquille O'Neal
Wilt Chamberlain

lol

Mr. Jabbar
01-20-2014, 05:17 AM

LeBron James
Michael Jordan
Shaquille O'Neal
Wilt Chamberlain

http://seldomtypql.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/3orangesandapear1.jpg

moe94
01-20-2014, 05:22 AM
http://seldomtypql.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/3orangesandapear1.jpg
I hate Wilt too

kurple
01-20-2014, 05:28 AM
i'm stuck with all the trolls

Marchesk
01-20-2014, 07:08 AM
Wilt did things Lebron will never do. Lebron only passes him based on longevity and rings.

GOATbe
01-20-2014, 08:37 AM

Kobe
MJ
Kareem
Russell<---:biggums:

:facepalm

Mr Feeny
01-20-2014, 09:04 AM

LeBron James
Michael Jordan
Shaquille O'Neal
Wilt Chamberlain

Finally someone who understands his basketball. Id put Kareem instead of Wilt tho. But Lebron will pass both anyways. Good education you gave our young tots kobe slurpers:applause:

bizil
01-20-2014, 05:40 PM
Kobes 35 and hes done same with KG, Timmy etc
Lebron relies on athleticism way more than them and Lebron has played way more career minutes compared to them at the same age.............
Lebron has another 4yrs tops at a high level before the decline is real

For starters when it comes to prime, u have prime, peak, then backend prime. That's how you prime goes. So even if u decline from your peak, u are still in your prime. Kobe is an excellent example of that goes. Shaq was also a great example as well. Guys who play long and dominant careers show that kind of arc. Hell, Kareem was Finals MVP at 38 years of AGE!!

Secondly, I wouldn't say Lebron relies on athletic ability WAY more. Bron has awesome ball handling skills and strength to where he can still dominate when he loses some speed and hops. U saw how effective Magic was without EVER being a great athlete. Reason why is because Magic had great ball handling, great passing, and a very effective scoring skillset. Worse case scenario, Bron's athletic ability gets to Magic's level. And if it declines to Magic' level, Bron (highly unlikely for a freak athlete like LeBron) can STILL dominate. Bron's IQ is on Magic's and Bird's level.

Also keep in mind Lebron is so big and versatile he could ACTUALLY be a power forward strictly late in his career if needed to. Once again, Magic and Bird BOTH did this late in their careers. The only thing stopping Bird was his chronic back problems. Magic on the other hand thirved at 36 or 37 as a power forward after A LONG ASS LAYOFF. If Magic never retired, he could have been even more effective. Magic was actually capable of doing more at 36 or 37, but he chose to be more of a teacher and come off the bench.

I wouldn't say Kobe is done until I actually see it. Before the Achilles last year, he was still the top SG in world and a top 3 player in the world. That's still backend prime shit. With Duncan, he's putting up 15 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 block a game. Sure Duncan is outta his prime, but he's still one of the top 3-4 centers in the world. If u list him at PF, he's still in the top 6-8. So just because u r OUTTA your prime, it doesn't mean u can't still be an All-Star caliber player. Hell MJ with the Wizards at 40 years old was still an All-Star caliber player at SF. So unless u suffer a chronic injury like Bird, it's a very good possibility Bron with age gracefully like MJ, Kareem, Duncan, Malone, Stockton, and many other legends. Even outta their prime, they are still among the top 10 players in the world at their respective positons. Which MEANS they can add to their resumes in a very productive manner. At that point, their COMPETITION are guys already in the HOF and icons. They proved themselves in their eras and against the next generation before that. NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE!!!

bizil
01-20-2014, 05:46 PM
He will be 39????

So what? Many legends have played into their late 30's. Have u heard of Kareem, Mailman, Stockton, MJ. I NEVER SAID for sure Lebron would. But if he did, I wouldn't be shocked. I realize Lebron came out of HS. But with all the advances in medicine and technology, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bron played till he was 38 or 39. Once again I never said he would for sure. Secondly, players can still be very effective even OUT OF THEIR PRIME YEARS!! Which would allow Bron to add to his ring count and career numbers.

bizil
01-20-2014, 05:52 PM
I don't think you realize what 10 years is exactly for a ball player. That's a LOT of wear and tear.

With that said I'm tired of this GOAT convo.

Why can't he just be Bron, one of the best ever and people let it be what it will be?

Sure it 's a lot of wear and tear. But it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to play into his late 30's. In other sports it's more common due to the nature of shit. But even in bball, there have been guys playing very well in their late 30's. And as I've stated BEFORE, it's contingent on health and if guys have the desire to do it. A guy like Bird REALLY had no choice but to get out, he had a chronic back problem. Kareem on the other hand was still thriving in his late 30's.

And being an epic player like Bron DICTATES GOAT SHIT TO COME UP. He has the talent to be the GOAT, so it has to come up. He did that shit by JUST BEING BRON!! He's that damn great so of course he's gonna be compared to the greats. Bron has stated on TV that his GOAL is to be the GOAT!! If u aren't in sports to be the best u can, u need to do something else!! U are over analyzing shit!! The man said outta his own mouth he wants to be GOAT and rightfully so!!

moe94
01-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Wilt did things Lebron will never do. Lebron only passes him based on longevity and rings.
Like Jordan?

hahaitme
01-20-2014, 06:21 PM
It's obvious LeBron will never be GOAT. His time has passed, no way he's getting 11+ rings at this point in his career.

http://i.imgur.com/SKiDYAT.jpg

Solefade
01-20-2014, 06:34 PM
It's obvious LeBron will never be GOAT. His time has passed, no way he's getting 11+ rings at this point in his career.

http://i.imgur.com/SKiDYAT.jpg

bill russell is GOAT? lol

Cold soul
01-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Lebron will never be GOAT but will go down top 10 all-time.

DaSeba5
01-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Lebron will never be GOAT but will go down top 10 all-time.

He's already in my top 10. It's between Hakeem and LeBron for the 10th spot IMO.

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 07:21 PM
Yup. And Havlicek is the GOAT SG.

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2014, 07:22 PM
LeBron can realistically finish in 2nd place. He's not better than Jordan.

Cold soul
01-20-2014, 07:24 PM
He's already in my top 10. It's between Hakeem and LeBron for the 10th spot IMO.

I have him at 11th atm. But yeah if people have him in top 10 already, I can understand that.

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2014, 07:33 PM
I have him at 11th atm
Why?

Solefade
01-20-2014, 07:37 PM
lebron should automatically be in everyone's top 10...4 mvps 2 fmvps niqqa pls

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 07:48 PM
lebron should automatically be in everyone's top 10...4 mvps 2 fmvps niqqa pls
Dude, there's tons of people with 4 MVPs and 2 FMVPs.

russwest0
01-20-2014, 07:49 PM
LeBron can realistically finish in 2nd place. He's not better than Jordan.

Explain to me how LeBron can realistically finish ahead of Kareem.

GOATbe
01-20-2014, 07:50 PM
I don't even see how he can be a top 10 player. People don't consider Dirk a top 10 player but he's clearly better than Lebron and destroyed the Heats superteam single handedly in 2011 whilst past his prime :confusedshrug: . Lebron can finish top 25 all time by the time he retires. Don't think he can surpass Wade or Dirk or Ray Allen for obvious reasons.

moe94
01-20-2014, 07:52 PM

Already tied for FMVPs. :confusedshrug:

nycjeff45
01-20-2014, 07:53 PM
goat is a combination of style and substance...jordon is the epitome of goat...

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Kareem won 6 championships, best player for MAYBE 3 of them, with only 2x Finals MVPs. LeBron has won 2 championships, best player for both of them, 2x Finals MVPs. Kareem has 6x regular season MVPs, LeBron has 4x MVPs ... and he's only 29 years old. I don't think it's difficult to comprehend the potential here.

russwest0
01-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Already tied for FMVPs. :confusedshrug:

And...?

hahaitme
01-20-2014, 08:00 PM

Obviously not, I'm just over how many dicksuckers Jordan has.

Of course he was great, but people talk about him like they want Jordan to bang their mothers

moe94
01-20-2014, 08:03 PM
And...?

KAJ has the GOAT resume and it's likely never to be matched but if anyone can, it's LeBron.