PDA

View Full Version : "I'd still take Wade, Harden, Lebron, Westbrook, Kobe over Kevin Durant"-Skip Bayless

Olacinco
01-20-2014, 01:00 PM
He obviously wasn't very impressed with KD's performance last week LMAO

:roll:

the mesiah
01-20-2014, 01:03 PM
It's too bad Kd has too much class , but I would like to see durant "Sherman/jalen rose" skip Bayless just one time on first take and look at how uncomfortable Stephen A would look ..

GOBB
01-20-2014, 01:04 PM
His basis for Durant not being the leading MVP candidate was his performance vs Memphis last postseason. He's such a tool and people feel sorry for this dbag because Sherman shitted on him on national tv? Puhhhhhlease.

Didn't Durant diss Skip? Would make sense why Skip finds moronic ways to bash dude without valid reason.

Inferno
01-20-2014, 01:04 PM
:biggums:

KG215
01-20-2014, 01:05 PM
You'd think there'd be some line ESPN wouldn't let him cross with his trolling. It's obvious he just says the most outlandish things possible for ratings and whatnot, but there should be some sort of line he shouldn't be allowed to cross.

While none of those make sense other than LeBron, I'd love to hear his reasoning as to why he'd take Harden over KD. Durant has beaten and outplayed Harden twice in the last month since Westbrook's injury.

chazzy
01-20-2014, 01:06 PM
His basis for Durant not being the leading MVP candidate was his performance vs Memphis last postseason.
So I guess Wade's performance in the entire playoffs and Harden's performance against OKC just gets brushed under the rug? Not to mention Westbrook and Kobe not even playing in the playoffs. Stupid Skip :oldlol:

KyrieTheFuture
01-20-2014, 01:07 PM
Can we outlaw posting anything from Skip here now? Why do people take anything he says seriously?

navy
01-20-2014, 01:08 PM
You'd think there'd be some line ESPN wouldn't let him cross with his trolling. It's obvious he just says the most outlandish things possible for ratings and whatnot, but there should be some sort of line he shouldn't be allowed to cross.

While none of those make sense other than LeBron, I'd love to hear his reasoning as to why he'd take Harden over KD. Durant has beaten and outplayed Harden twice in the last month since Westbrook's injury.

Durant use to be his favorite player until he choked four straight games away vs the Grizzlies. Now he wont give him any credit. :facepalm

KG215
01-20-2014, 01:10 PM
Durant use to be his favorite player until he choked four straight games away vs the Grizzlies. Now he wont give him any credit. :facepalm
Well, except Durant didn't choke four straight games. He was great in the first two games, really good in the third, and pretty bad in the last two.

LeBron 06
01-20-2014, 01:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfAG67dn5O4

longtime lurker
01-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Skip is possibly the GOAT troll :lol

juju151111
01-20-2014, 01:15 PM
No he mad because Durant dissed him last year.

KG215
01-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Durant's averaging 36-7-6-2-1 on 51/36/88 shooting in 13 games since Westbrook's injury.

Has anyone not mentioned this to Skip, yet?

navy
01-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Well, except Durant didn't choke four straight games. He was great in the first two games, really good in the third, and pretty bad in the last two.

Nah, he was pretty bad in the fourth quarter in the last four games. Missing shots, game winners and free throws. Skip never forgave him.

He still had a decent series though. But you know how it is, if you dont win when it counts you choked.

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 01:20 PM

People are so butthurt what he says about Durant, but he did the same thing to Lebron in 2011. Just replace Wade with Westbrook and Lebron with Durant. Only that he's not butthurt over Durant for the Finals, he's butthurt because KD called him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebvLPKsPrUM

navy
01-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Durant's averaging 36-7-6-2-1 on 51/36/88 shooting in 13 games since Westbrook's injury.

Has anyone not mentioned this to Skip, yet?

Doesnt matter. He choked liked three fourth quarters already this season(In Skip's eyes) Skip doesnt care until he wins a championship.

BuffaloBill
01-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Skip is super retarded. This guy is 25 years old

russwest0
01-20-2014, 01:26 PM
He said Damian Lillard was better than Durant :lol :lol :lol

GOBB
01-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Skip said he would take all those players over Durant in the 4th quarter. That was apart of his counter to SAS who said Durant right now is leading the MVP race in his book. Skip said Durant is the best scorer in the NBA by far, but 4th quarter he would take those players and a handful more over Durant in the 4th. Then he goes back to last postseason performance without Westbrook whom Skip feels makes Durant much better than he truly is.

GOBB
01-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Doesnt matter. He choked liked three fourth quarters already this season(In Skip's eyes) Skip doesnt care until he wins a championship.

Yup.

guy
01-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Dude is so salty :oldlol: He was all over Durant until Durant said he didn't know what he was talking about. He's like a bitter ex-girlfriend that's now ****ing all of Durant's enemies and best friends out of spite :oldlol:

navy
01-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Dude is so salty :oldlol: He was all over Durant until Durant said he didn't know what he was talking about. He's like a bitter ex-girlfriend that's now ****ing all of Durant's enemies and best friends out of spite :oldlol:
Except that isnt when he quit on durant. It was the Memphis series.

guy
01-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Except that isnt when he quit on durant. It was the Memphis series.

Because up until that point, Skip didn't really have any ammo against him. He looks for the first terrible performance of a player he has an agenda against and sticks to it, and completely ignores the players he doesn't have an agenda against and/or makes excuses. In Durant's case it was the Memphis series. Every time Wade plays badly, Skip just attributes it to injury. He ignores that Harden hasn't done shit in the playoffs as the lead guy and on the biggest stage of his career he was absolutely terrible. All the criticisms of Westbrook shooting too much and having terrible shooting nights has went out the door in support of his agenda against Durant. He stops talking badly about Lebron cause he really has nothing to say anymore (I actually commend him for this). And I don't know how the hell he can take Kobe anymore, I haven't really heard him say anything positive about him lately.

215Philly
01-20-2014, 02:02 PM
When he was saying these things about Lebron, you people thought he was soo smart and credible. I remember during the 2012 season, he said Lebron was the 4th best player behind Durant,Kobe, and MELO :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

guy
01-20-2014, 02:10 PM
When he was saying these things about Lebron, you people thought he was soo smart and credible. I remember during the 2012 season, he said Lebron was the 4th best player behind Durant,Kobe, and MELO :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

He does actually have good points at times though. Some of it is over the top like what you said, and his agenda gets the best of him. But he wasn't always wrong about Lebron. Lebron didn't always have the ruthlessness and the heart, which his huge meltdowns against Boston and Dallas prove.

GOBB
01-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Thats the thing his over the top, ridiculous comments overshadow his valid and spot on points which to me is unfortunate. But I guess he wouldn't be Skip Bayless without this. Much like SAS wouldn't be SAS without yelling like Kevin Hart. :lol

But he really pushes an agenda that totally screws what he says afterwards. He blamed Wes Welker for the loss yesterday then said Welker took Talib knees out. When the video shown to him ON TV showed otherwise. Tim Hasselbeck, SAS, host were like that isnt the case and Skip said no he's going for Talib knees. All because he dislikes Welker. Ridiculous

Because up until that point, Skip didn't really have any ammo against him. He looks for the first terrible performance of a player he has an agenda against and sticks to it, and completely ignores the players he doesn't have an agenda against and/or makes excuses. In Durant's case it was the Memphis series. Every time Wade plays badly, Skip just attributes it to injury. He ignores that Harden hasn't done shit in the playoffs as the lead guy and on the biggest stage of his career he was absolutely terrible. All the criticisms of Westbrook shooting too much and having terrible shooting nights has went out the door in support of his agenda against Durant. He stops talking badly about Lebron cause he really has nothing to say anymore (I actually commend him for this). And I don't know how the hell he can take Kobe anymore, I haven't really heard him say anything positive about him lately.

Spot on.

Mr. Jabbar
01-20-2014, 02:15 PM
LOL skip :roll: he basicaslly goes against any trend to earn his money, hes too funny...he had real insight with lebrons choking problems but it has been downhill since then

magic chiongson
01-20-2014, 02:16 PM
how bout pippen vs durant? :D

ABfor3
01-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Why are you guys mad, Harden is the better player than Durant by a mile.

come on, im just trolling like Skip Bayless always does.

YouGotServed
01-20-2014, 02:19 PM
Durant is better than Harden but not by much. I'd still take Harden in the 4th quarter.

LeGOAT
01-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Skip was pretty much a Durant stan until Durant went at him for hating on Westbrook. Skip is just a mad little girl

215Philly
01-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Thats the thing his over the top, ridiculous comments overshadow his valid and spot on points which to me is unfortunate. But I guess he wouldn't be Skip Bayless without this. Much like SAS wouldn't be SAS without yelling like Kevin Hart. :lol

But he really pushes an agenda that totally screws what he says afterwards. He blamed Wes Welker for the loss yesterday then said Welker took Talib knees out. When the video shown to him ON TV showed otherwise. Tim Hasselbeck, SAS, host were like that isnt the case and Skip said no he's going for Talib knees. All because he dislikes Welker. Ridiculous

Spot on.
Bill B also said Welker took out Talib on purpose :no:

navy
01-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Durant is better than Harden but not by much. I'd still take Harden in the 4th quarter.

Except Harden isnt a proven fourth quarter playoff performer either.

russwest0
01-20-2014, 02:24 PM
That show is garbage the few times I've seen it.

The worst part is, Skip and Stephen A feel the need to do like a 10 minute eulogy before they even get to whatever it is they are trying to say. And whatever the main point ends up being is stupid as hell.

It just reflects poorly on ESPN who thump their chest as the worldwide leader in sports coverage.

Heavincent
01-20-2014, 02:27 PM
You guys know he's not actually serious, right? He's obviously under orders from ESPN to troll and say outlandish things.

SpecialQue
01-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Damn, Bayless is suffering from a broken heart. :(

GOBB
01-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Bill B also said Welker took out Talib on purpose :no:

Difference with going after a player knees and taking someone out. You can argue Welker did that but after replay it appears it was just an illegal pick where they collided. You cant argue Welker went for the knees. Smarten up, you give the 215 people a bad name.

215Philly
01-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Difference with going after a player knees and taking someone out. You can argue Welker did that but after replay it appears it was just an illegal pick where they collided. You cant argue Welker went for the knees. Smarten up, you give the 215 people a bad name.
He took him out on purpose, period. Also saying I give 215 people a bad name is like saying Sherman gives Black people a bad name. Watch what you say :facepalm

stevieming
01-20-2014, 03:02 PM
I don't think even Harden would take himself above KD......

GOBB
01-20-2014, 03:04 PM
He took him out on purpose, period. Also saying I give 215 people a bad name is like saying Sherman gives Black people a bad name. Watch what you say :facepalm

No he didn't. Welker weighs less, wore a Don Bebee helmet and even pulled up before impact. Illegal screen, did not take him out on purpose. You give 215 a bad name and set us back a good 1301 years.

Boarder Patrol
01-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Skip warrants endless :biggums:

To take a word from Sherman, KD is better at life than Bayless.

chazzy
01-20-2014, 03:17 PM
:oldlol:

215Philly
01-20-2014, 03:22 PM
No he didn't. Welker weighs less, wore a Don Bebee helmet and even pulled up before impact. Illegal screen, did not take him out on purpose. You give 215 a bad name and set us back a good 1301 years.
Illegal screen no flag :banana: We'll just have to agree/disagree. You just set us back 50,239 years :facepalm

SexSymbol
01-20-2014, 03:25 PM
I kinda agree with him in that sense that KD isn't the leader he COULD be.
And he hasn't proven anything yet, you don't prove yourself in the reg. season, you prove yourself in the play-offs. As long as KD doesn't shake off his 2012 performance with a dominating one in these PO, I don't think he'll have a case for the best in league.
Lillard>him claim is outlandish, that's just skip overreacting.
Overall, he's a good analyst, been in the business for way too long. People try to act like everybody wasn't agreeing with him after 2011. Every one of you was on his side. It's just that when LeBron won, he suddenly turned into the most stupid person alive in every sport's fan's eyes. And he actually gives LeBron a lot of credit these days.
What people don't understand, is that Skip is a product of the ring generation, those guys only cared about PO and the rings, that's what made you a legend and to certain point, still does today, as long as we have these old-school guys in the media. You can't hate all you want on Skip, he says a few stupid things here and there like every analyst, ESPECIALLY on ESPN, but he's a smart guy with great knowledge of psychology of players (which is the most important factor at professional level) and physical condition. He maybe lacks some information about the x and o's, but that's to be expected, stephen a smith doesn't know shit about it, and he gets praised all the time, obviously because he's more politically correct.

TL;DR. There's a small point if you look into the context of what he says, and he gets demolished by these fans daily, probably undeservingly

INDI
01-20-2014, 04:04 PM
I wonder if he will still take Batum over lebron also

navy
01-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Skip Bayless is a troll. He takes an aspect of something that is true and blows it completely out of proportion. He'll ride it out no matter what.

All Net
01-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Can't somebody run him over?

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Is he wrong?

MiseryCityTexas
01-20-2014, 04:24 PM
i can tell skip just said this crap just to get a reaction out of people.

MiseryCityTexas
01-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Is he wrong?

lebron and kobe over durant? yeah, but everyone else on his list? hell no.

ArbitraryWater
01-20-2014, 04:30 PM
I feel bad for Skip, they make him say all this BS... or he's still hurt from KD shutting his mouth.

LeGOAT
01-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Skip you know Harden is a dear, dear friend of mine. Weve talked many times over many a candle light dinner. BUT!!! IT IS ASININE-A TO PUT HIM...OVER DURANT. DURANT!...IS A BAAAAAD BAD MAN SKIP. HOW CAN YOU HAVE. THE AUDACITY TO DISRESPECT SUCH A PLAYER AS HIM?!

ArbitraryWater
01-20-2014, 04:35 PM
Skip you know Harden is a dear, dear friend of mine. Weve talked many times over many a candle light dinner. BUT!!! IT IS ASININE-A TO PUT HIM...OVER DURANT. DURANT!...IS A BAAAAAD BAD MAN SKIP. HOW CAN YOU HAVE. THE AUDACITY TO DISRESPECT SUCH A PLAYER AS HIM?!

stephen?

Black and White
01-20-2014, 04:35 PM
Skip is still hurt from KD burning him on twitter, Skip was his biggest supporter before that, so it obviously affected him, I'm sure in his mind he doesn't actually believe this.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Harden? Harden?

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :facepalm

Illuminati
01-20-2014, 05:39 PM
All healthy I would too. The only questionable player here is Harden.

Olacinco
01-20-2014, 05:42 PM
the first 2 names that came out his mouth right away were wade and harden..

then said Lebron but was reluctant about giving Lebron any props

chazzy
01-20-2014, 05:42 PM
All healthy I would too. The only questionable player here is Harden.
You have now reached the long sought basketball analysis level of Skip Bayless, congrats!

KendrickPerkins
01-20-2014, 05:43 PM
There's literally NO player in the league i'd take over Durant right now.

Even a combination of two players, I still wouldn't.

MUGEN
01-20-2014, 05:47 PM
I can't see anyone sane taking Harden over KD

Skip is trolling as usual..I like him because he is entertaining

Olacinco
01-20-2014, 05:48 PM

Curry/Lebron?
Curry/George?
Curry/Love?
Curry/LMA?
Curry/Hibbert?
Curry/Cousins?
Curry/etc...?

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 05:48 PM

Westbrook?

KG215
01-21-2014, 12:46 AM
:facepalm

If you're serious...

Durant is on a completely different level than Harden.

KG215
01-21-2014, 12:49 AM
You have now reached the long sought basketball analysis level of Skip Bayless, congrats!
He's also now reached the "everyone should just ignore that dumbass" status on ISH.

ssginc
01-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Bayless is an idiot. IIRC he's the guy who said Pippen wasn't a Top 50 player.

lol

hahaitme
01-21-2014, 12:54 AM

http://replygif.net/i/1049.gif

Lebron23
01-21-2014, 12:56 AM
Bayless is an idiot. He always hating on the best players in some of the major sports. He hated Lebron before he won a championship.

Cold soul
01-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Skip is an idiot. Dont take his opinion seriously, he is the ultimate troll.

GOBB
01-30-2014, 08:45 AM
Wonder what Skip says after last night

Prometheus
01-30-2014, 09:16 AM
what is "skip bayless"? sounds like espn uses market research algorithms to determine what is the dumbest sports opinion conceivable that will draw ratings. do they have a sock puppet on tv to voice these "opinions"?

moe94
01-30-2014, 09:18 AM

By far the most retarded comment I've read here, including straight up troll posts.

Frozen1
01-30-2014, 09:29 AM
I don

moe94
01-30-2014, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=Frozen1]I don

SexSymbol
01-30-2014, 09:34 AM
Now he obviously overreacted, and said he'd take them in the 4th quarter.
He's been giving Durant his props lately.
Plus remember how Durant attacked him for no reason, every one of you would hold a grudge too.
He's not an idiot, he knows what he's talking about

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE=Frozen1]I don

avonbarksdale
01-30-2014, 09:38 AM
@RealSkipBayless 11h
Kevin Durant finally figuring out how to reach down for his killer instinct on nightly basis. Playing like he KNOWS better than LeBron.

moe94
01-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Now he obviously overreacted, and said he'd take them in the 4th quarter.
He's been giving Durant his props lately.
Plus remember how Durant attacked him for no reason, every one of you would hold a grudge too.
He's not an idiot, he knows what he's talking about

He is an idiot for letting his personal bias affect his judgement. He was praising Durant to high end until Durant called him an idiot and then he suddenly doesn't think highly of his ability? Salty. Not a good look. Durant was out of line, though. Who randomly attacks someone who praises you? :biggums:

GaryRaymond23
01-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Harden over Durant?

Well I'm glad OKC didn't feel that way :facepalm

NumberSix
01-30-2014, 09:48 AM
Deuxrant still needs to make up for his choke job in last years playoffs. LeBron was able to come back from an even bigger disaster, let's if Deuxrant can do the same.

SexSymbol
01-30-2014, 09:51 AM
He is an idiot for letting his personal bias affect his judgement. He was praising Durant to high end until Durant called him an idiot and then he suddenly doesn't think highly of his ability? Salty. Not a good look. Durant was out of line, though. Who randomly attacks someone who praises you? :biggums:
That's what i'm talking about, he attacked him just to defend his rival lol.
You would do the same if you were skip, I'd do too, and pretty much everybody who isn't a pushover here would do.
Skip's a smart man, he goes over the top from time to time, but in general he has good knowledge of the game, specially the psychological side of it and history of it, maybe not so much on x's and o's, but nobody of ESPN's analysts do.
He's light years better than Broussard and Jemele Hill lol.

Prometheus
01-30-2014, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=Frozen1]I don

WallIn
01-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Skip is retarded

guy
01-30-2014, 11:43 AM
That's what i'm talking about, he attacked him just to defend his rival lol.
You would do the same if you were skip, I'd do too, and pretty much everybody who isn't a pushover here would do.
Skip's a smart man, he goes over the top from time to time, but in general he has good knowledge of the game, specially the psychological side of it and history of it, maybe not so much on x's and o's, but nobody of ESPN's analysts do.
He's light years better than Broussard and Jemele Hill lol.

Durant wasn't defending his rival, he was defending his teammate. And umm, have you been watching Skip? Dude attacks athletes for the most ridiculous reasons and goes very over the top with it. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, its his thing as another over the top media personality. But its a bit hypocritical of him to be sensitive towards those type of remarks and get offended.

wang4three
01-30-2014, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfAG67dn5O4

This is exactly what I hate about these guys. They can sit in a comfy chair and say things while guys like Durant and LeBron are in the gym working tirelessly 24/7 and then performing at the highest level on the court. Meanwhile, Skip can just go in, work an hour where he basically just says, "so and so ain't impressing me" then go live the rest of his troll life without working hard at all. It's incredibly pathetic.

SexSymbol
01-30-2014, 12:00 PM
This is exactly what I hate about these guys. They can sit in a comfy chair and say things while guys like Durant and LeBron are in the gym working tirelessly 24/7 and then performing at the highest level on the court. Meanwhile, Skip can just go in, work an hour where he basically just says, "so and so ain't impressing me" then go live the rest of his troll life without working hard at all. It's incredibly pathetic.
They don't just come in without any preparation. Plus he and Stephen have made their name by working day and night as sportswriters. Back in newspaper times Skip had to come up with a report basically the second the game ends. Those guys worked for what they have today

pauk
01-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Seems like KD has taken over Lebron's job for Skip. :oldlol:

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 12:01 PM
Durant was out of line, though. Who randomly attacks someone who praises you? :biggums:
Randomly? Are you dumb?

That was in midst of the constant Westbrook bashing.

He was defending his teammate and friend. LOL @ anyone who thinks Durant is in the wrong for calling a known troll an idiot. Skip is all shock value.

Durant came out and defended his brother in war, you know, the guy that shows up to every single practice and game and plays his heart out. Yah, he was defending that guy against someone who bashed him relentlessly.

moe94
You must have a problem with critics in general then. Who is he to say those things if he can't cook a meal to save his life? Who is he to say those things if he never even directed a short. Who is he to say those things if he never wrote a short story. Blah blah blah. Dude gets paid to talk out of his ass about a sport. He has knowledge of the game and that is all that matters for his position, not how hard he trains in the gym.

SexSymbol
Durant wasn't defending his rival, he was defending his teammate. And umm, have you been watching Skip? Dude attacks athletes for the most ridiculous reasons and goes very over the top with it. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, its his thing as another over the top media personality. But its a bit hypocritical of him to be sensitive towards those type of remarks and get offended.
My mistake about the rival thing, can't remember anything
Still, yes, i've been watching quite a lot of first take. His job is to point out what's wrong with athletes, not kiss their ass all the time, and mostly, whether he exaggerates or not, he's right.

moe94
01-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Randomly? Are you dumb?

That was in midst of the constant Westbrook bashing.

He was defending his teammate and friend. LOL @ anyone who thinks Durant is in the wrong for calling a known troll an idiot. Skip is all shock value.

Durant came out and defended his brother in war, you know, the guy that shows up to every single practice and game and plays his heart out. Yah, he was defending that guy against someone who bashed him relentlessly.

It was random because he let his emotions get the best of him, just like Skip. Two idiots, which was my entire point.

:lol @ thinking anyone isn't aware of this story

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 12:07 PM
It was random because he let his emotions get the best of him, just like Skip. Two idiots, which was my entire point.

:lol @ thinking anyone isn't aware of this story
You don't know what the word random means, clearly....

Never seen someone use that word in such a wrong context. :facepalm

There was nothing random about him calling Skip an idiot after a reporter asked a question about him.

moe94
01-30-2014, 12:10 PM
You don't know what the word random means, clearly....

Never seen someone use that word in such a wrong context. :facepalm

There was nothing random about him calling Skip an idiot after a reporter asked a question about him.

You're crying over semantics and making an issue out of nothing. Do you see the irony here?

You're right, it wasn't random and I tried backpedaling. You got me. Congratulations? :confusedshrug:

OhNoTimNoSho
01-30-2014, 12:11 PM
And I'd take my 8 year old niece's basketball analysis before Skip Bayless's

imdaman99
01-30-2014, 12:12 PM
Can you all stop giving Skip attention? :facepalm

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 12:16 PM
You're crying over semantics and making an issue out of nothing. Do you see the irony here?

You're right, it wasn't random and I tried backpedaling. You got me. Congratulations? :confusedshrug:
Regardless of the poor choice of words, you implied that KD was somehow in the wrong for defending his teammate instead of 'praising' Skip back... like he has an obligation to be nice to Skip or something.

You don't think KD sees him bashing Westbrook and LeBron relentlessly? It's cool to see Skip say crazy shit when you're a fan... but when you're actually out there and know the makeup of those guys it's pretty hard to contain yourself when asked a question about said basher.

guy
01-30-2014, 12:17 PM
My mistake about the rival thing, can't remember anything
Still, yes, i've been watching quite a lot of first take. His job is to point out what's wrong with athletes, not kiss their ass all the time, and mostly, whether he exaggerates or not, he's right.

Yes, I understand his job. Its also ridiculous for a guy with THAT JOB to get offended over shit like that and let it affect his judgment. Pot calling kettle black. And no he's not always right. All those guys are better then Durant? You think he's right?

moe94
01-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Regardless of the poor choice of words, you implied that KD was somehow in the wrong for defending his teammate instead of 'praising' Skip back... like he has an obligation to be nice to Skip or something.

You don't think KD sees him bashing Westbrook and LeBron relentlessly? It's cool to see Skip say crazy shit when you're a fan... but when you're actually out there and know the makeup of those guys it's pretty hard to contain yourself when asked a question about said basher.

I think everything Skip says about Westbrook is on point so you're barking up the wrong tree, buddy.

Durant did the right thing in in the sense that he stood by his friend and teammate, but that doesn't make it cool to bash some guy who is constantly heaping praise over you.

You're acting like dissing Skip is the only way to stand by Westbook.

SexSymbol
01-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Yes, I understand his job. Its also ridiculous for a guy with THAT JOB to get offended over shit like that and let it affect his judgment. Pot calling kettle black. And no he's not always right. All those guys are better then Durant? You think he's right?
I told you mostly, not always. Nobody is always right.
The funny facts is that EVERYBODY was on Skip's side after 11 finals, he was getting praised and praised, and since 12 finals he's been getting nothing but hate, even if he says anything right/insightful.

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 12:27 PM
I think everything Skip says about Westbrook is on point so you're barking up the wrong tree, buddy.

Durant did the right thing in in the sense that he stood by his friend and teammate, but that doesn't make it cool to bash some guy who is constantly heaping praise over you.

You're acting like dissing Skip is the only way to stand by Westbook.
*looks at thread title*

Yah, that Skip guy has a ton of credibility. :oldlol:

Oh and which part about Westbrook is on point? The one where he's a cancer and the team will never win a ring with him or the one where OKC only goes as far as Westbrook takes them?

:oldlol:

wang4three
01-30-2014, 12:30 PM
They don't just come in without any preparation. Plus he and Stephen have made their name by working day and night as sportswriters. Back in newspaper times Skip had to come up with a report basically the second the game ends. Those guys worked for what they have today

What exactly have they done in terms of work that's really noteworthy? While I admire journalism as a profession, I hardly view this as legitimate journalism. Guys like Skip and Stephen A Smith are sensationalists and sometimes down right scandalous "journalists." What have they done that has shown they've improved at their job? Have they've gotten better at analysis? Gotten better at predicting outcomes? No, they're just professional trolls that get to yell all day without any sort of repercussion when they're wrong or incorrect. Outside of Meteorology, I haven't seen any other professional that gets to be as wrong as they do.

I'm supposed to respect them because they have to write a report at the game ends? As in, respect someone to do their job? Any more respect than anyone else who has to perform in their job? I respect people who gets results that lead to the advancement of their profession. Respectable advancement. Not just grabbing people's attention by trolling.

moe94
01-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Skip's entire gimmick is hyperbole. You need to understand that. He does shit for attention, but a lot of the shit he says, while seemingly crazy, have more truths to them than most would like to admit. He's a character.

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Skip's entire gimmick is hyperbole. You need to understand that. He does shit for attention, but a lot of the shit he says, while seemingly crazy, have more truths to them than most would like to admit. He's a character.

Water is wet.

KD doesn't have time to analyse that. He sees him bashing his friend and calls the guy an idiot who doesn't know hoops. Skip's 'gimmick' makes him look idiotic.

What's the issue again? KD should be praising him even though he has proved himself to be a sensitive flip flopping attention seeking clown?

:rolleyes:

SexSymbol
01-30-2014, 12:39 PM
What exactly have they done in terms of work that's really noteworthy? While I admire journalism as a profession, I hardly view this as legitimate journalism. Guys like Skip and Stephen A Smith are sensationalists and sometimes down right scandalous "journalists." What have they done that has shown they've improved at their job? Have they've gotten better at analysis? Gotten better at predicting outcomes? No, they're just professional trolls that get to yell all day without any sort of repercussion when they're wrong or incorrect. Outside of Meteorology, I haven't seen any other professional that gets to be as wrong as they do.

I'm supposed to respect them because they have to write a report at the game ends? As in, respect someone to do their job? Any more respect than anyone else who has to perform in their job? I respect people who gets results that lead to the advancement of their profession. Respectable advancement. Not just grabbing people's attention by trolling.
What do you mean what have they done. Skip worked for chicago tribune, covered the 98-00 bulls teams I believe, he has credibility, whether you like it or not, been in the business for like 30 years

KyrieTheFuture
01-30-2014, 12:40 PM
People must not read other NBA articles because those writers are dumber than Skip and don't have the entertaining hyperbole. It's amazing what some people get paid to write. Uninteresting garbage, as least Skip is interesting garbage.

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm watching Skip right now.

He's spot on about Johnny Manziel.

Johnny should be the # 1 pick.

moe94
01-30-2014, 12:50 PM

Water is wet.

KD doesn't have time to analyse that. He sees him bashing his friend and calls the guy an idiot who doesn't know hoops. Skip's 'gimmick' makes him look idiotic.

What's the issue again? KD should be praising him even though he has proved himself to be a sensitive flip flopping attention seeking clown?

:rolleyes:

You're basically calling Durant a moron who takes Skip at face value. :oldlol:

An idiot getting mad at another idiot and another idiot defending said idiot.

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 12:57 PM
You're basically calling Durant a moron who takes Skip at face value. :oldlol:

An idiot getting mad at another idiot and another idiot defending said idiot.
A random idiot appears. :kobe:

wang4three
01-30-2014, 12:58 PM
What do you mean what have they done. Skip worked for chicago tribune, covered the 98-00 bulls teams I believe, he has credibility, whether you like it or not, been in the business for like 30 years

Longevity is not an indicator of success.

moe94
01-30-2014, 12:59 PM
I wish you died.

Longevity is not an indicator of success.

It's an indicator of experience, though. What are you even arguing here? It's almost like you think anyone on this site has more cred than Skip.

Im so nba'd out
01-30-2014, 12:59 PM
A random idiot appears. :kobe:
and another idiot with a nfl avatar on a nba forum replies to the idiot talking about other idiots

avonbarksdale
01-30-2014, 01:02 PM
skip just talks man before he used to love kd

in the video where he says he isn't top 5 he claims kd dropped 48 as a response to what skip bayless says haha

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 01:03 PM
and another idiot with a nfl avatar on a nba forum replies to the idiot talking about other idiots
an*

2nd grade idiot. :yaohappy:

avonbarksdale
01-30-2014, 01:05 PM
i hate how skip bayless can never be wrong he calls people out then if they have a bad game he's right and if they have a good game he claims it was like in response to skip's comment and what he was hoping would happen

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 01:09 PM
i hate how skip bayless can never be wrong he calls people out then if they have a bad game he's right and if they have a good game he claims it was like in response to skip's comment and what he was hoping would happen
Oh, of course.... that's the point.

KD is all of a sudden a different KD and is playing 'angry' in the 4th. Skip LOVES this *new* Durant. He's just objective and calls it how it is. :oldlol:

He's a trip.

moe94
01-30-2014, 01:10 PM

Skip is infallible. It's time we accepted this.

Im so nba'd out
01-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Oh, of course.... that's the point.

KD is all of a sudden a different KD and is playing 'angry' in the 4th. Skip LOVES this *new* Durant. He's just objective and calls it how it is. :oldlol:

He's a trip.

avonbarksdale
01-30-2014, 01:12 PM
he's a retard tbh there's no point in putting stock into anything he says

he just wants people to tell someone else like 'oh wow did you hear what skip bayless said'

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Dumbass.

Im so nba'd out
01-30-2014, 01:14 PM
he's a retard tbh there's no point in putting stock into anything he says

he just wants people to tell someone else like 'oh wow did you hear what skip bayless said'
Thats what shock jocks do

Im so nba'd out
01-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Dumbass.
you mad bro?:lol

SexSymbol
01-30-2014, 01:44 PM
you mad bro?:lol
These are the worst kind of people 4 real, those u mad ******s. Nobody is mad, and nobody cares about you.