PDA

View Full Version : Who is the more dangerous player in the post, Kobe or Lebron?

Jameerthefear
01-20-2014, 02:02 PM
This isn't about who is the more skilled player, which is obviously Kobe, but who is more dangerous. I think it might be closer then most would think since Lebron is so big and is the far superior passer.

LBJ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKrd8B7ubY
I don't watch that much of Miami but this is the best I have ever seen Lebron play with his back to the basket. It's hard to find highlights of him passing out of the post and hockey assists and stuff.

GOATbe
01-20-2014, 02:04 PM
:facepalm Kobe and it's not even close.

AnaheimLakers24
01-20-2014, 02:05 PM
kobe bryant

IncarceratedBob
01-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Kobe developed his post game once his athleticism was gone, LeBron still has his. Of course as of now, Kobe has the better post up game but LeBron doesnt NEED one right now.

Bandito
01-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Kobe is just better at the post than Lebron ever was. The only thing Lebron has on Kobe is height and weight, because all he does is punish people in the post because hes so fast center cant guard him and so strong sf cant guard him either.

Rose'sACL
01-20-2014, 02:08 PM
right now it is lebron. you have to double him or he will score pretty much every time. in the video in OPm you can see that he is doing it against paul george and not some small pg. when they double or triple him there, miami gets open 3s and given how good lebron is at passing over the head of big men, he clearly is the better choice. Both because of his own scoring and because he is a willing passer when double or triple teamed in post.

Kobe is just better at the post than Lebron ever was. The only thing Lebron has on Kobe is height and weight, because all he does is punish people in the post because hes so fast center cant guard him and so strong sf cant guard him either.
isn't the point to score?

ripthekik
01-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Kobe Bryant. That man's footwork was insane. Unfortunately lebron will never reach that level of footwork or skill- meaning Kobe is a far more dangerous and potent scorer in the post.

navy
Depends. Scoring? Kobe.
Ability to score or pass? Lebron.

AnaheimLakers24
right now it is lebron. you have to double him or he will score pretty much every time. in the video in OPm you can see that he is doing it against paul george and not some small pg. when they double or triple him there, miami gets open 3s and given how good lebron is at passing over the head of big men, he clearly is the better choice. Both because of his own scoring and because he is a willing passer when double or triple teamed in post.

kobe bryant is still better

russwest0
01-20-2014, 02:10 PM
I can't believe this is actually a thread.

It's not even close. It's like comparing Dwight in the post to Hakeem.

Mr. Jabbar
kobe is the far superior post player light years ahead, i dont know what triggered these lebron post game threads, was it those stiff moves against the lolcats?

kirby pls...

r0drig0lac
lebron today, both in their athletic peaks, I would go with bean

ripthekik
01-20-2014, 02:11 PM

It reminded me of this thread Mr.Jabbar made.. I think it was comparing Dwight in the post to a telephone pole :roll: :roll:

215Philly
01-20-2014, 02:13 PM
:facepalm Kobe and it's not even close.
this 3bh

YouGotServed
01-20-2014, 02:14 PM
What do the stats say?

ABfor3
01-20-2014, 02:15 PM
It's Kobe

Mass Debator
01-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Lebron is more dangerous in the post due to his size and ability to make a great pass.
Lebron is almost more susceptible to making an error due to his unfamiliarity in the post.
Kobe has better footwork and better body control. His fade away is almost unblockable.

You really can't go wrong with either. I prefer Kobe, but then I like how Dwyane Wade is like a mix of the two.

cos88
01-20-2014, 02:16 PM
not fair, one is the best in the world since 2009 the other one is retired :confusedshrug:

Heavincent
01-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Kobe

arifgokcen
01-20-2014, 02:20 PM
What do the stats say?
Stats says lebron was the better post player last year.
Before kobe had been a better post player.

Lebron is more like shaq he has few moves but he is very effective because of his size kobe is more like hakeem in this regard.

Rose'sACL
01-20-2014, 02:23 PM
Before kobe had been a better post player.

Lebron is more like shaq he has few moves but he is very effective because of his size kobe is more like hakeem in this regard.
This. kobe is better to look at. lebron is better if you just like to score.
this is current lebron i am talking about. not 2011 lebron.
it is still very close though but i would take lebron because he can pass over big men to open shooter on the other side like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OKKNFPeKGU

Prometheus
01-20-2014, 02:28 PM
:facepalm do the people posting in here actually watch basketball anymore? when LeBron commits to the post, their offense is almost unstoppable. no one can check him 1on1 down there, his size gets him deep position whenever he wants it, and if they swarm his passing is world-class as always

kobe is obviously way more skilled, his footwork is GOAT and his fadeaway was so beautiful I could cry. but if this question is about who is more effective/dangerous down there it's LeBron pretty easily at this point

PJR
01-20-2014, 02:34 PM
LeBron easily due to his size, and the multiple triggers he creates with his passing ability. Kobe is going spam the turn around jumper 95% of the time he post up.

Heavincent
01-20-2014, 02:39 PM
LeBron easily due to his size, and the multiple triggers he creates with his passing ability. Kobe is going spam the turn around jumper 95% of the time he post up.

Pretty dumb thing to say. Kobe probably has the varied and diverse set of post moves in the league.

Solefade
10/10 times most defenders are going to let kobe chuck those baseline fadeaways rather than let lebron back his defender all the way to the basket, and you can't double team him because he's such a passing threat.

the answer is obvious.

look at how lebron is demolishing paul george in the post on OP's video

Mr Exlax
OP please define what you mean by dangerous. I think Kobe is better in the post by a land slide, but nowhere near as dangerous as LeBron is in the post.

Illuminati
01-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Did the idiot Kobe stans even read with the OP said? :facepalm

I choose LeBron. Now, he almost everytime attracts a double team.

Heavincent
01-20-2014, 02:41 PM
I choose LeBron. Now, he almost everytime attracts a double team.

Yeah, Kobe doesn't attract double teams.

Just2McFly
01-20-2014, 02:42 PM
How times have changed... the answer is Lebron

Solefade
01-20-2014, 02:44 PM

he does for sure, his chucking reputation comes from taking double teamed base line fade aways obvi and has never shot above 50% in his entire career.

Illuminati
01-20-2014, 02:46 PM

He does. But more than likely he'll still take the shot and clank it. While LeBron can find the open man, quickly.

AnaheimLakers24
01-20-2014, 02:50 PM
so were all in agreement its kobe bryant? cool
cool cool

chazzy
01-20-2014, 02:57 PM
When Kobe played almost exclusively out of the post in fall 09 when Pau was out, that was better than any version of Lebron's post up game. Larger/longer body of work. Hasn't been there as much as he should because of spacing issues with two post up players usually there.

http://lakersmedia.com/highlights/streaming/3894-lakers-at-rockets-114-hd-highlights.html

YouGotServed
01-20-2014, 03:00 PM

:applause: All I needed to hear. Bron is the better post player.

Jameerthefear
01-20-2014, 03:05 PM
When Kobe played almost exclusively out of the post in fall 09 when Pau was out, that was better than any version of Lebron's post up game. Larger/longer body of work. Hasn't been there as much as he should because of spacing issues with two post up players usually there.

http://lakersmedia.com/highlights/streaming/3894-lakers-at-rockets-114-hd-highlights.html
Very good video. Good example of Kobe getting double teamed and passing out of the post, couple of cuts and handoffs, and skill.

PJR
01-20-2014, 03:08 PM
When Kobe played almost exclusively out of the post in fall 09 when Pau was out, that was better than any version of Lebron's post up game.

Stop it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJl3iKsSuwc

chazzy
01-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Stop it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJl3iKsSuwc
Nice. Kobe played that style for basically a 2 month stretch. Check his logs for Nov+Dec 09

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 03:31 PM
The one who plays basketball.

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Watch Kobe from February-April last season. He LIVED in the post, he averaged 7+ assists a game from making plays OUT of the post. Lebron is raw when compared to Kobe in the post. This is not even a debate.

here are some examples from last season, he is easily the most fluid post player I've ever seen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoLVtSMqJV4

He also averaged the most points per post up and had the highest fg% with 60 about the same point of the season last year, he became even better later in the season.

this is from a year ago, about 40 games into the season

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmfdINmLntkUdEtkb0JQVVBtMTFUSzhZTTRFZDBMM mc#gid=0

look at those numbers :coleman:

Black and White
01-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Kobe Bryant not even close.

orange_chicken
01-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Lebron's post is a joke. He's like Dwight Howard. If he doesn't have those elite players on his team he wouldn't dare go to the post since he aint gonna have anyone to pass the ball to. Look how the Nets deal with Lebron, they had him iso in the post and he got exposed pretty bad when he was forced to score after couldn't find an open teammate.

STATUTORY
01-20-2014, 05:45 PM
:facepalm

Kobe was the highest in post efficiency last season

sportjames23
01-20-2014, 06:13 PM

This.

YouGotServed
01-20-2014, 06:14 PM

Kobe was the highest in post efficiency last season

No, it wasn't.

red1
01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
post game is still kobe but lebron is getting there

Bandito
01-20-2014, 07:23 PM

Yes but we are not talking of who scores more but who is better at the post. We have to choose footwork the way he moves his hands, the way he backs up compared to the opposition, his shots etc...

Kobe's footwork> Lebron and is that simple. Kobe is just a beast there.

Lebron is stronger against people smaller than him and faster than people bigger than him so he is just very hard to defend.

Kobe would just use crazy footwork in order to get the shot up. That's pretty much the difference, and why Kobe is better. Lebron is more versatile I"ll give him that.

Cold soul
01-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Kobe and it's not even close. How is this even a question? :facepalm

GASOL IS GOAT
01-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Lebron is more dangerous in the post due to his size and ability to make a great pass.
Lebron is almost more susceptible to making an error due to his unfamiliarity in the post.
Kobe has better footwork and better body control. His fade away is almost unblockable.

You really can't go wrong with either. I prefer Kobe, but then I like how Dwyane Wade is like a mix of the two.
You act like it's even debateable. Kobe and it's not even close :lol

G-Funk
01-20-2014, 07:48 PM
Kobe developed his post game once his athleticism was gone, LeBron still has his. Of course as of now, Kobe has the better post up game but LeBron doesnt NEED one right now.

Kobe has always had a post game, dafuq u talking about? He was posting Jordan at age 19

G-Funk
01-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Kobe all day. Not even close. why even compare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoLVtSMqJV4

TheGreatDeraj
01-20-2014, 08:10 PM

Common Kobe myth. Kobe had a post game in the early 2000's.

To answer the op, Kobe by far.

I'm trying to figure our op's angle because he normally tries to troll Kobe fans, but this thread clearly favors Kobe.

DFish24
01-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Kobe, no contest.

Combat Wombat
01-20-2014, 08:24 PM

Kobe, easily.

Jameerthefear
01-20-2014, 08:28 PM
Kobe stans are the only ones saying 'easily'

Milbuck
01-20-2014, 08:32 PM
:roll: Big time thread backfire

redboy
01-20-2014, 08:36 PM
forget kobe, there's a sg on the same team as lebron that's better than lebron at posting up

houston
01-20-2014, 11:09 PM
king james

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 11:12 PM
If you never watched basketball but only read ISH, you'd swear LeBron is like the worst player of all time who is completely garbage at every single aspect of the game.

red1
01-20-2014, 11:14 PM
If you never watched basketball but only read ISH, you'd swear LeBron is like the worst player of all time who is completely garbage at every single aspect of the game.
Bron has a good post game now but kobe is probably the best perimeter player of our era when it comes to post-game. Not a shame to be second in this case.

I see what you mean though. The constant agendas here are ridiculous. I find myself pro-lebron very frequently on this board

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Bron has a good post game now but kobe is probably the best perimeter player of our era when it comes to post-game. Not a shame to be second in this case
Are you kidding? Fcuking Andre Miller's post game is better than Kobe's.

Black and White
01-20-2014, 11:18 PM

:coleman:

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 11:19 PM
:coleman:
Grown ups are talking. Maybe you can read some articles to learn what a post game is.

Hint: it's not an interview.

Milbuck
01-20-2014, 11:19 PM

:yaohappy: :roll: :roll: :roll:

red1
01-20-2014, 11:20 PM
I was thinking off the top of my head. Andre miller is definitely a contender lol but I would still take bean

Black and White
01-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Grown ups are talking. Maybe you can read some articles to learn what a post game is.

Hint: it's not an interview.

Nobody will take what you just said seriously about Andre Miller

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Nobody will take what you just said seriously about Andre Miller
Do you know who Andre a miller is?

DonDadda59
01-20-2014, 11:22 PM
More dangerous: Lebron. When he puts his mind to working out of the post, there's not a damn thing anyone can do to stop him from scoring. If you double him, he'll put his passing skills to use and always find the open man.

Prettier: Kobe. Looks really good when he misses.

Black and White
01-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Do you know who Andre a miller is?

Why does LeBron have to be #1 at everything??? Credit where credit is due though, he has worked on it and you can see the improvement.

dabigbaws
01-20-2014, 11:24 PM
lebron has a post game?

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Why does LeBron have to be #1 at everything??? Credit where credit is due though, he has worked on it and you can see the improvement.
He doesn't. There are more players in the world than LeBron and Kobe. Neither have "the best" post game.

Black and White
01-20-2014, 11:28 PM
He doesn't. There are more players in the world than LeBron and Kobe. Neither have "the best" post game.

Then let this one go.

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 11:30 PM
Then let this one go.
Maybe you should stick to cricket or goat herding or whatever it is people in New Zealand do?:confusedshrug:

Black and White
01-20-2014, 11:31 PM
Maybe you should stick to cricket or goat herding or whatever it is people in New Zealand do?:confusedshrug:

Our national sport is Rugby, and we are the world champs.

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Our national sport is Rugby, and we are the world champs.
And who is the world champ at frisbee?:confusedshrug:

Black and White
01-20-2014, 11:34 PM
And who is the world champ at frisbee?:confusedshrug:

Are you acting like the world does not care about rugby?

red1
01-20-2014, 11:35 PM
black and white I am sure you are a cool guy in real life but I just want to let you know that you are one shitty f*cking poster

Combat Wombat
01-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Are you acting like the world does not care about rugby?

Don't bother with the idiot. Guy is the ultimate bandwagon fan and has about as much intelligence as a retarded goldfish.

Black and White
01-20-2014, 11:36 PM
black and white I am sure you are a cool guy in real life but I just want to let you know that you are one shitty f*cking poster

I will take the initial compliment I guess.......

Black and White
01-20-2014, 11:37 PM
Don't bother with the idiot. Guy is the ultimate bandwagon fan and has about as much intelligence as a retarded goldfish.

:cheers:

Combat Wombat
01-20-2014, 11:38 PM

As opposed to a wankstain like yourself who spends his time hating on other peoples teams because his own is mediocre?

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 11:39 PM
As opposed to a wankstain like yourself who spends his time hating on other peoples teams because his own is mediocre?
Wankstain?:confusedshrug:

red1
01-20-2014, 11:41 PM
whose team am I hating on?

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 11:44 PM
whose team am I hating on?
Perhaps, the Jazz?:confusedshrug:

G-Funk
01-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Bro, ur worse

red1
01-21-2014, 12:35 AM
Bro, ur worse
respect homie you are a garbage poster too

rlsmooth775
01-21-2014, 12:39 AM
Lebron has surpassed kobe as a back to the basket player.

SexSymbol
01-21-2014, 01:16 AM
Anybody who says LeBron is insane.
Kobe was the best post-up player in the league last year, being 34 YO SG, nobody is as gould as he is in the post

ripthekik
01-21-2014, 01:25 AM
thread backfire on baby jammeer :roll: :roll: :roll:
i guess he had no idea how great kobe's post game was and was expecting lebron's name. Boy got educated. nothing left to see here.

Jameerthefear
01-21-2014, 01:27 AM
thread backfire on baby jammeer :roll: :roll: :roll:
i guess he had no idea how great kobe's post game was and was expecting lebron's name. Boy got educated. nothing left to see here.
what. it's some people agreeing and some people disagreeing.

ripthekik
01-21-2014, 01:30 AM
what. it's some people agreeing and some people disagreeing.
Nope. It's clearly 80% Kobe and 20% Lebron. And the only ones saying Lebron are the stans. The people saying Kobe are his fans AND regular basketball unbiased fans.

Get educated.

Jameerthefear
01-21-2014, 01:32 AM
Nope. It's clearly 80% Kobe and 20% Lebron. And the only ones saying Lebron are the stans. The people saying Kobe are his fans AND regular basketball unbiased fans.

Get educated.
no... you're wrong as usual.

ripthekik
01-21-2014, 01:34 AM
Why don't you argue this for yourself, jammeer.. so we can have you on record. Stop hiding behind the lebron stans, and don't use a thread to fulfil your agenda.. Tell me, who is a better post player, Lebron or Kobe, and why?

Combat Wombat
01-21-2014, 01:37 AM
Why don't you argue this for yourself, jammeer.. so we can have you on record. Stop hiding behind the lebron stans, and don't use a thread to fulfil your agenda.. Tell me, who is a better post player, Lebron or Kobe, and why?

He was still sucking on his mummy's tit during Kobe's best days so his opinion is worthless.

plowking
01-21-2014, 01:38 AM
I wonder if people watch basketball on here. Seriously.
That, or is it just to much to actually post an honest opinion? Or, is it just that some are too far into their agenda on here, that they won't even choose to believe otherwise?

Bron is the better post player since 2011ish, and its better than Kobe has ever been in there. Hes scoring more efficiently than Kobe ever has. He attracts more attention than Kobe ever has down there. Hes better at sealing his man, in fact, hes the best in the league at it. Hes bigger, stronger and able to get better shots down there. His passing and height allow him to make better passes than Kobe ever could.

Some of you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Kobe is a great player, very multi faceted, but he sure as hell isn't better than Lebron in the post. And it shouldn't be expected either. Hes shorter, weaker and not as good at getting to the ring.

ImKobe
01-21-2014, 01:40 AM

Really? The only people that think Lebron is nearly as good as Kobe in the post are either casual basketball fans or blind stans. Kobe is the more efficient player in the post and has ten times as many moves as bron does.

Jameerthefear
01-21-2014, 01:41 AM
Why repeat what has already been said? My opinion was basically in the op basically.

ImKobe
01-21-2014, 01:41 AM
I wonder if people watch basketball on here. Seriously.
That, or is it just to much to actually post an honest opinion? Or, is it just that some are too far into their agenda on here, that they won't even choose to believe otherwise?

Bron is the better post player since 2011ish, and its better than Kobe has ever been in there. Hes scoring more efficiently than Kobe ever has. He attracts more attention than Kobe ever has down there. Hes better at sealing his man, in fact, hes the best in the league at it. Hes bigger, stronger and able to get better shots down there. His passing and height allow him to make better passes than Kobe ever could.

Some of you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Kobe is a great player, very multi faceted, but he sure as hell isn't better than Lebron in the post. And it shouldn't be expected either. Hes shorter, weaker and not as good at getting to the ring.

explain these numbers from last season, sir.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmfdINmLntkUdEtkb0JQVVBtMTFUSzhZTTRFZDBMM mc#gid=0

Jameerthefear
01-21-2014, 01:42 AM
He was still sucking on his mummy's tit during Kobe's best days so his opinion is worthless.
No I wasnt

ripthekik
01-21-2014, 01:46 AM
Why repeat what has already been said? My opinion was basically in the op basically.
So your opinion is based on 1 youtube highlight video :oldlol: and where you also admitted you don't watch much of Miami. You are also too young to have seen Kobe's prime. :oldlol:

So... your opinion is pretty much shiiiiiit. :oldlol:

Combat Wombat
01-21-2014, 01:46 AM

:applause:

Lebron stans ethered.

ImKobe
01-21-2014, 01:48 AM

Lebron stans ethered.

They're too scared to click on the link, the truth might be too much for them.

ripthekik
01-21-2014, 01:48 AM

:lol

Now look at all the lebron stans posts that state lebron actually scores more, or is more efficient :coleman: :coleman: :coleman:

Lebron stans, best at pulling up shiiit out of nowhere.

chazzy
01-21-2014, 01:51 AM

WTF? Everyone's been spouting off about how all the stats easily go in Lebron's favor last year and no one has given a source. Are these the actual 2013 post up numbers? That's hilarious :oldlol:

ripthekik
01-21-2014, 01:59 AM
jammeer and his lebron stans sure deserted this thread fast :roll: :roll:

ImKobe
01-21-2014, 02:00 AM
WTF? Everyone's been spouting off about how all the stats easily go in Lebron's favor last year and no one has given a source. Are these the actual 2013 post up numbers? That's hilarious :oldlol:

Yes they are. Kobe was very efficient inside the 3pt line last season, and he was very good in the post. In my opinion the best post up game we've ever seen from him as far as facilitating and scoring goes. No one could stop him there.

Cold soul
01-21-2014, 02:04 AM

Lebron stans ethered.

Too many Lebron stans on this site.

ImKobe
01-21-2014, 02:07 AM
Yes they are. Kobe was very efficient inside the 3pt line last season, and he was very good in the post. In my opinion the best post up game we've ever seen from him as far as facilitating and scoring goes. No one could stop him there.

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2013/09/06/hakeem-olajuwon-marvels-at-kobe-bryants-post-moves/

[QUOTE]It wouldn

moe94
01-21-2014, 02:07 AM
Too many Lebron stans on this site.

Kobe stans outnumber them and it's not particularly close.

Angel Face
01-21-2014, 02:08 AM
Lebron stans disappeared just like how their idol disappears in the 4th quarter.

moe94
01-21-2014, 02:09 AM
Lebron stans disappeared just like how their idol disappears in the 4th quarter.

Obvious. Still decent.

TheMarkMadsen
01-21-2014, 02:11 AM

thread is over, done, nothing to see here :applause:

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Hahahaha

See what Blind hate gets you?

Do research, then try to hate.

ripthekik
01-21-2014, 12:52 PM
damn, them lebron stans straight disappeared after stats showed up..
where's my anime boi jammeer? isn't lebron better based on that one youtube highlight video he posted? :oldlol:
What's with them lebron stans the last few days though? Spewing make-up things and made-up stats.. call them out and they disappear

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 12:53 PM
damn, them lebron stans straight disappeared after stats showed up..
where's my anime boi jammeer?
What's with them lebron stans the last few days though? Spewing make-up things and made-up stats.. call them out and they disappear

They sense the end is near.

Mr Exlax
01-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Did OP ever explain what he meant by dangerous?

ripthekik
01-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Doesn't matter.

Better scorer as in more points? Stats last year show Kobe.
Better footwork and skills? Obvious as hell it's Kobe.

Lebron is not an answer no matter how you define dangerous.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 12:58 PM

Doubt he actually knows very much about the game since he made this type of thread.

Next it'll be, "Who's more dangerous from beyond the arc, Durant or Lebron?"

I think Bron , because *hyperbole*

pauk
01-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Kobe has "more moves" in the post with his better footwork yes but it is the RESULT that matters, who actually makes shots more & more efficiently there, so who is more dangerous there is a completely different question.... and the answer is very easy at this moment considering Lebron ranks #1 in the NBA right now in post efficiency & points per post-up-possession, have a look: http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-01-08/lebron-james-post-up-miami-heat-eastern-conference-scout-stats-efficiency-mvp-nba-championship

Now, take a look at a few aspects of James’ post game over the last four years — the frequency with which he would go to the rim out of the post, his overall efficiency (points per possession) on post-up possessions and his rank within the league in post efficiency:

Season To rim PPP Rank
2011-12 14.9% 0.959 5
2012-13 15.0% 0.972 4
2013-14 29.6% 1.185 1

Its hard to argue this...

Milbuck
01-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Kobe has "more moves" in the post with his better footwork yes but it is the RESULT that matters, who actually makes shots more & more efficiently there, so who is more dangerous there is a completely different question.... and the answer is very easy at this moment considering Lebron ranks #1 in the NBA right now in post efficiency & points per post-up-possession, have a look: http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-01-08/lebron-james-post-up-miami-heat-eastern-conference-scout-stats-efficiency-mvp-nba-championship

Its hard to argue this...

Please check out ImKobe's link, and promptly give up on this thread.

pauk
01-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Please check out ImKobe's link, and promptly give up on this thread.

I did... unfortunately what Kobe led at there is what Lebron leads at this season and does so with even higher PPP, efficiency... so... at this moment Lebron is more dangerous in the post even than what Kobe has been that year (and is #1 in the NBA at that)....

But in terms of entire career, Kobe has been better/more dangerous/whatever criteria you want to use there, obviously.... i dont deny that at all, i love facts more than anything and facts support that claim...

Mr Exlax
01-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Doubt he actually knows very much about the game since he made this type of thread.

Next it'll be, "Who's more dangerous from beyond the arc, Durant or Lebron?"

I think Bron , because *hyperbole*

Actually I consider Jameer to be pretty knowledgeable other than the times he's trolling Kobe stans and Laker fans.

Since I'm not a stan of either player my responses get ignored or overlooked pretty often.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Actually I consider Jameer to be pretty knowledgeable other than the times he's trolling Kobe stans and Laker fans.

Since I'm not a stan of either player my responses get ignored or overlooked pretty often.

He's dead serious bro.

theoneneo
01-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Lol didn't even realize Lebron had a post up game :confusedshrug:

CeltsGarlic
01-21-2014, 03:14 PM

You do consider him knowledgeable about basketball?
Jameer? The guy who probably doesnt know what weak and strong side is.

As a poster he is alright, and I have nothing against him, but I just dont hold him accountable when talking about basketball.

YouGotServed
01-21-2014, 03:19 PM

As a poster he is alright, and I have nothing against him, but I just dont hold him accountable when talking about basketball.

You said koufus was a better rebounder than Asik.

:yaohappy:

Trollsmasher
01-21-2014, 03:27 PM
More dangerous: Lebron. When he puts his mind to working out of the post, there's not a damn thing anyone can do to stop him from scoring. If you double him, he'll put his passing skills to use and always find the open man.

Prettier: Kobe. Looks really good when he misses.
Basically this. Nothing in the world can stop LeBron when he commits to the post game. He can get a good shot anytime he wants while Kobe will still brick those fadeaways of his most of the time.

Dat LeBron improvement from last year to this year:eek: :bowdown:

riseagainst
01-21-2014, 03:38 PM

/end thread.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 03:43 PM
I was going to post that doc, I found it a day ago, but it looks like the debate is settled now.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 03:44 PM
Delusional ass ni99as.

Rose'sACL
01-21-2014, 03:46 PM

aren't people talking about this season?
here are the numbers for him till now.
http://i.imgur.com/pcCeei5.png
This is for the season till now so it is clear that he will end up with a good number of shots too. keep posting stats from last season though. He will surpass kobe in both volume and efficiency pretty easily. actually he has done it already in about half a season.
It is just said that most lebron stans don't know how to use the internet.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 03:49 PM
aren't people talking about this season?
here are the numbers for him till now.

This is for the season till now so it is clear that he will end up with a good number of shots too. keep posting stats from last season though. He will surpass kobe in both volume and efficiency pretty easily. actually he has done it already in about half a season.

But it isn't a debate about this season because Kobe hasn't played much to compare, I'm assuming it's comparing Kobe's post game over his whole career vs LeBrons,

And the answer is Kobe.

Credit to Bron for working on his game tho.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 03:51 PM
I can't take anything a Lebron fan says seriously since they said he was the GOAT after his first two rings.

Rose'sACL
01-21-2014, 03:51 PM
But it isn't a debate about this season because Kobe hasn't played much to compare, I'm assuming it's comparing Kobe's post game over his whole career vs LeBrons,

And the answer is Kobe.

Credit to Bron for working on his game tho.
how is it not comparable?....everyone in the league knows lebron is improving his post play while anyone intelligent will tell you that kobe's numbers would likely stay the same or at most slightly improve.
He has clearly surpassed kobe's numbers from last season in half the games both in volume and efficiency. it is so hard to make you see this simple fact.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Riiiight , compare a healthy in prime LBJ to an old injured Kobe.

Perfect logic man.

The best victories are short sighted ones.

Rose'sACL
01-21-2014, 03:54 PM
I can't take anything a Lebron fan says seriously since they said he was the GOAT after his first two rings.
reply to me after seeing the doc imkobe posted and the image i posted above. tell me how lebron is not doing better than kobe has done ever.
He is also taking more shots in post than kobe did for whole season last year. it clearly proves that he is not picking and choosing in the post.

Rose'sACL
01-21-2014, 03:55 PM

Perfect logic man.

post numbers of kobe when he was healthy. he had one of the best offensive seasons last year. i guess you are a troll and haven't read kobe's or lebron's stats.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 03:55 PM
how is it not comparable?....everyone in the league knows lebron is improving his post play while anyone intelligent will tell you that kobe's numbers would likely stay the same or at most slightly improve.
He has clearly surpassed kobe's numbers from last season in half the games both in volume and efficiency. it is so hard to make you see this simple fact.

Kobe out performed LeBron in the post last year and he wasn't even in his prime, you have to look at their whole careers to compare this, not just half a season.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Kobe out performed LeBron in the post last year and he wasn't even in his prime, you have to look at their whole careers to compare this, not just half a season.

Don't talk to people who just wanna see Lebron praised for everything in the NBA he's not as good at.

like Defense.

Rose'sACL
01-21-2014, 03:58 PM
why? i am clearly seeing lebron has improved and is more happy playing in the post this year. lebron was worse than kobe till last year no question. right now though , carmelo and lebron are easily better than any perimeter player.
Only PFs and Cs are better than them.
if you asked any coach right now, they would take carmelo and lebron over any perimeter player if they wanted them to play in post.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 04:01 PM
why? i am clearly seeing lebron has improved and is more happy playing in the post this year. lebron was worse than kobe till last year no question. right now though , carmelo and lebron are easily better than any perimeter player.

What part of that's because Kobe is injured don't you understand?

If he was healthy this wouldn't even be a discussion.

But I get it , we have to take all victories over Kob while he's out.

Ok , he's better in post this year. :rolleyes:

:confusedshrug:

HylianNightmare
01-21-2014, 04:02 PM
now? lebron

prime? gimme kobe

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 04:02 PM
now? lebron

prime? gimme kobe

See? how hard is it to be real?

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:05 PM
if you asked any coach right now, they would take carmelo and lebron over any perimeter player if they wanted them to play in post.

Well doesn't this answer the OP's question then????

ImKobe
01-21-2014, 04:10 PM

Perfect logic man.

It's like comparing 02-03 Kobe to Wizards MJ

ripthekik
01-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Wait, this guy wants to use Lebron's 2 MONTHS data to show he is better than Kobe's career? :oldlol:

Hey, we might as well use Durant's stats this year and say he is far better than Lebron too shall we?

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2014, 04:11 PM
LeBron by far.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Wait, this guy wants to use Lebron's 2 MONTHS data to show he is better than Kobe's career? :oldlol:

ESPN stat generation bro, alter the timeframe , prove why X player is better.

You can never go wrong.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:12 PM
LeBron by far.

Lol nobody takes you seriously, go back to gargling his balls.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:13 PM
ESPN stat generation bro, alter the timeframe , prove why X player is better.

You can never go wrong.

He basically proved our arguement, look what I bolded aboove ^^^^

Rose'sACL
01-21-2014, 04:14 PM

Hey, we might as well use Durant's stats this year and say he is far better than Lebron too shall we?
i never said that. i just said that lebron has already made more shots in post than kobe did for whole last season season. he has also done it while being more efficient.
To make it understandable to you. Lebron has been more efficient and dominant than kobe and he did in lesser games.
Post stats and number of shots kobe made in post in his best year. then we can actually have a debate.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Yea, I saw it.

Idk what the debate is.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Yea, I saw it.

Idk what the debate is.

There is no debate anymore, the answer is Kobe, it's over.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Lol nobody takes you seriously, go back to gargling his balls.

LeBron>>>>Kobe

yea, u mad :oldlol:

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 04:22 PM
LeBron>>>>Kobe

These days, sure.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:22 PM
LeBron>>>>Kobe

Sorry but the answer is Kobe>>>>>Lebron in this thread :roll:

Illuminati
01-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Black And White who's your team?

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Black And White who's your team?

Celtics, why?

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Celtics, why?

Shame on you.

:cheers: Sup though, we both suck this year.

L8kersfan222
01-21-2014, 04:56 PM
RIP Jameer

Mr Exlax
01-21-2014, 05:00 PM

The only time I've disagreed with him was about Dwight Howard's impact when he lead Orlando to the Finals. He wasn't spewing stupidity, just a different opinion.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Shame on you.

:cheers: Sup though, we both suck this year.

We are both tanking, but we will both be in the championship hunt soon enough :cheers:

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 05:08 PM
We are both tanking, but we will both be in the championship hunt soon enough :cheers:

Can't wait til our next epic Finals match up.

Hope we wont have to wait as long as 80's era- 08

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Can't wait til our next epic Finals match up.

Hope we wont have to wait as long as 80's era- 08

Don't know when that will happen, we may be playing in the finals against other teams, all I know is, the future is bright for both, Lakers: cap space, Celtic: Draft picks/cap and Danny Ainge :D

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Screw you!!!

We stuck with Jimmy forphuckingever. :facepalm :banghead: :hammerhead: :mad: :cry:

This is why I hate Family owned organizations.

The incompetent son/successor trope is strong with this one.

Knowing Jim, he'd use that cap space on a declining player , like with Nash.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Screw you!!!

We stuck with Jimmy forphuckingever. :facepalm :banghead: :hammerhead: :mad: :cry:

This is why I hate Family owned organizations.

The incompetent son/successor trope is strong with this one.

Knowing Jim, he'd use that cap space on a declining player , like with Nash.

Jim Buss never fails to amaze me with his moves, first the Phil Jackson snubbing then the $48mil offer to Kobe (not to hate on Kobe tho, dude got paid) it's like he is trying to ruin the team, just let Mitch do his work.

YouGotServed
01-21-2014, 05:17 PM
I'll take the guy who can actually stay healthy enough to play in the post.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:19 PM
I'll take the guy who can actually stay healthy enough to play in the post.

Lol idiot confirmed, why don't you come post in my LMA v Dwight thread?

YouGotServed
01-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Reported for name calling. I don't tolerate online bullying and I'm sure Jeff will agree. He has a strict policy against posters harassing other members.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Jim Buss never fails to amaze me with his moves, first the Phil Jackson snubbing then the $48mil offer to Kobe (not to hate on Kobe tho, dude got paid) it's like he is trying to ruin the team, just let Mitch do his work.

Half the time I think he just walks in, sees Mitch working on something big like bringing back Phil or trading Dwight for Blake like rumored last year, then he just scoffs the idea and purposes a completely ridiculous one.

"I got it! We'll put up banners that say, Stay..."

Jeanie and Mitch

:coleman: :biggums:

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Half the time I think he just walks in, sees Mitch working on something big like bringing back Phil or trading Dwight for Blake like rumored last year, then he just scoffs the idea and purposes a completely ridiculous one.

"I got it! We'll put up banners that say, Stay..."

Jeanie and Mitch

:coleman: :biggums:

Ah man :facepalm it's like they don't see that some of the moves they make are detrimental to the team, I dunno, let's see what happens this off-season

knicksman
01-21-2014, 05:34 PM
the other one is proven while the other joined someone whos proven.

riseagainst
01-21-2014, 05:38 PM
calling someone an idiot is name calling now?

the society has really gone soft just like the NBA.

Jameerthefear
01-21-2014, 07:11 PM

i lack knowledge on other teams yeah but i know about my own team.

Jameerthefear
04-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Bump.

becken
04-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Kobe, no contest.
:biggums: