PDA

View Full Version : On a scale of 1 through 10, how good is life?

nathanjizzle
01-20-2014, 05:48 PM
for me im at a 3.5

CavaliersFTW
01-20-2014, 05:53 PM
10, just being alive is an incredible thing. It saddens me knowing that I will be dead some day :(

glidedrxlr22
01-20-2014, 05:56 PM
6/10 I don't have time to enjoy the good things in life right now.

Swaggin916
01-20-2014, 06:03 PM
10/10. All the work our ancestors have put forth have made this a truly great experience. You have to get yourself under control though and really not let stuff outside yourself effect your state of being too much. It's a balance between calculating and letting go... and realizing that some things are totally unpredictable. Emotions can also be used to magnify experiences and when you have your emotions in check they will only be useful instead of a nuisance.

I think once you get outside yourself too and start wanting to be of service for others it opens up a new world. The time you spend on yourself are magnified that much more. That's what I have found anyway.

alenleomessi
01-20-2014, 06:04 PM
after watching the wolf of wall street, i am at 0, maybe 0.5

macmac
01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
As opposed to non-life? 10/10

Living is 100% better than not existing

cos88
01-20-2014, 06:39 PM
for guys like shitty ... i mean fiddy probably 1/10 as he lives in the shitiest country in europe: bulgaria.

for me 10/10

-p.tiddy-
01-20-2014, 06:41 PM
10/10. All the work our ancestors have put forth have made this a truly great experience. You have to get yourself under control though and really not let stuff outside yourself effect your state of being too much. It's a balance between calculating and letting go... and realizing that some things are totally unpredictable. Emotions can also be used to magnify experiences and when you have your emotions in check they will only be useful instead of a nuisance.

I think once you get outside yourself too and start wanting to be of service for others it opens up a new world. The time you spend on yourself are magnified that much more. That's what I have found anyway.

As opposed to non-life? 10/10

Living is 100% better than not existing

:applause:

nathanjizzle
01-20-2014, 06:48 PM
10, just being alive is an incredible thing. It saddens me knowing that I will be dead some day :(

True, living is always a 10/10, especially in this time. But it can get hard to build a world for yourself to be happy in at the same time.

6/10 I don't have time to enjoy the good things in life right now.

i was at the bowling alley at 10 a.m on a weekday, and their was a bunch of old and happy people enjoying themselves, thats the life. :bowdown:

after watching the wolf of wall street, i am at 0, maybe 0.5
you still have more than him which is your freedom, and health.

Compared to everyone in the world? - 8/10

- I'm white and live in the US.

Compared to people my age? - 6/10

- Graduated college, barely any debt, no job in the career I want.

Compared to my ideal version of myself/position I want to be in?

.5/10 - I hate myself and can't pursue anything here.

my ideal self is very attainable but will never reach it. i would easily feel life is a 10/10 if i could get their.

JohnFreeman
01-20-2014, 07:03 PM
kill me

Draz
01-20-2014, 07:06 PM
10. Life is beautiful. Admire it and cherish it. If you were born handicapped, became handicapped, cherish life and make the best out of it. We have to value what we love most, respect what we hate. Make the best out of life. There is never a guarantee that tomorrow is assured.

Angel Face
01-20-2014, 07:44 PM
10/10 Life's awesome. It is full of suspense and surprises and that's what made it so great. You'll never know what's gonna happen next. Fasten your seat-belts and just enjoy the ride. :cheers:

T_L_P
01-20-2014, 07:50 PM
As of right now, like a 5, 'cause I just did pretty shit on my Torts exam :cry:

Give it an hour or two and I'll be back up to a 10.

Cold soul
01-20-2014, 08:04 PM
8/10 life is amazing.

Swaggin916
01-20-2014, 08:38 PM
True, living is always a 10/10, especially in this time. But it can get hard to build a world for yourself to be happy in at the same time.

i was at the bowling alley at 10 a.m on a weekday, and their was a bunch of old and happy people enjoying themselves, thats the life. :bowdown:

you still have more than him which is your freedom, and health.

my ideal self is very attainable but will never reach it. i would easily feel life is a 10/10 if i could get their.

Are you sure it's your ideal self though? Or your best self? And by best self, self that you want to be? Or self you feel you should be?

UtahJazzFan88
01-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Compared to other people's situations and other people's lifes in other countries? 10/10.

Compared to people my age where I live? Probably a 2/10.

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-21-2014, 01:28 AM
Compared to other people's situations and other people's lifes in other countries? 10/10.

Compared to people my age where I live? Probably a 2/10.

How the hell do you know that for the second one?

Based on what criteria?

Because a Lotta people that show off a lot suffer from debt and have nagging insecurities they hide from the public. A
A lot of smart accomplished people have bad love lives. A lot of outwardly successful people are chronically overstressed and lack the zest for life a dumb ass youth does. Someone like Belfort is filthy rich and more awesome than I'll ever be but I'm free to fully immerse myself and enjoy the simple pleasures of life like a sunset without any of the crazy ****ing chemicals. A lot of socially high peoepl have a very shallow comprehension of hip hop music.

There are more than meets the eye. U gotta know someone's inner world too, the behind the scenes and the public mask.

I<3NBA
01-21-2014, 02:52 AM

ihoopallday
01-21-2014, 03:01 AM
10/10. I've never lost a close family member. That's probably the only thing that can lower that number to be honest. Especially my mom. I'd be in a great depression if I lost her.

UtahJazzFan88
01-21-2014, 03:31 AM
How the hell do you know that for the second one?

Based on what criteria?

Because a Lotta people that show off a lot suffer from debt and have nagging insecurities they hide from the public. A
A lot of smart accomplished people have bad love lives. A lot of outwardly successful people are chronically overstressed and lack the zest for life a dumb ass youth does. Someone like Belfort is filthy rich and more awesome than I'll ever be but I'm free to fully immerse myself and enjoy the simple pleasures of life like a sunset without any of the crazy ****ing chemicals. A lot of socially high peoepl have a very shallow comprehension of hip hop music.

There are more than meets the eye. U gotta know someone's inner world too, the behind the scenes and the public mask.

I'm just saying 2/10 in terms of how my life is going right now. But this is coming from a clinically depressed person without a mom to rely on or any sort of love life at all and trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.

ace23
01-21-2014, 03:37 AM
I'm just saying 2/10 in terms of how my life is going right now. But this is coming from a clinically depressed person without a mom to rely on or any sort of love life at all and trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.
Damn, your life sucks.

bdreason
01-21-2014, 03:39 AM
9 out of 10 right now. I've been at a 1 before though... that's life.

UtahJazzFan88
01-21-2014, 05:08 AM
Damn, your life sucks.

sure

Pushxx
01-21-2014, 05:44 AM

T-Time3
01-21-2014, 08:49 AM
i dont really know man. up n downs.
i have a great family, i can afford everyday meal but still looking for them chicks nawmsayin

DukeDelonte13
01-21-2014, 08:56 AM

how sh*tty did you do?

rezznor
01-21-2014, 09:24 AM

first year of law school...can't say i miss that at all. good luck man.

DukeDelonte13
01-21-2014, 10:16 AM

my life was at a 2 during that phase of life and probably at a .07 during bar study time. :oldlol:

T_L_P
01-21-2014, 11:17 AM
how sh*tty did you do?

The first part was a seen problem question, so I was quite prepared for that and I think I did well...the second part though, holy shit.

I'm thinking I just about passed, which isn't so bad because the first year of university in the UK doesn't count towards your overall degree :)

Ha, public and administrative law has been relatively fun, but tort law is the worst.

Thanks a lot, man :cheers:

DukeDelonte13
01-21-2014, 11:43 AM
The first part was a seen problem question, so I was quite prepared for that and I think I did well...the second part though, holy shit.

I'm thinking I just about passed, which isn't so bad because the first year of university in the UK doesn't count towards your overall degree :)

Ha, public and administrative law has been relatively fun, but tort law is the worst.

Thanks a lot, man :cheers:

UK legal studies are very very very different than the US. I think UK schools actually prepare their grads for work and have mandatory work experience requirements and isn't archaic and antiquated like American law schools are.

Hollowman
01-21-2014, 01:42 PM
Gotta be a 9.

Always got things to look forward to, but at the same time trying to enjoy each day at a time.

Only real downer so far for me in life was back when I was 18 and my best friend passed away.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2014, 02:01 PM
for me im at a 3.5

damn bro wtf is going on :eek:

Just read your posts in the online dating thread, keep ya head up

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Man sometimes I go through sleepless nights just thinking about the purpose of life, and how sad it is that we will all die one day... happened to me the first time when I watched "Blow"...

guess a 6-7 right now, but hoping for it to be A LOT better soon... right now couple of things need to get better, the rest is already pretty good.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Compared to everyone in the world? - 8/10

- I'm white and live in the US.

Compared to people my age? - 6/10

- Graduated college, barely any debt, no job in the career I want.

Compared to my ideal version of myself/position I want to be in?

.5/10 - I hate myself and can't pursue anything here.

Oh yea thats true/makes sense, I mean compares to people's lives in africa or so, or what women working in china's factories, etc. have to go through, its a 8-9..

whow you hate yourself?

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Damn, your life sucks.

lol cmon dude

Jailblazers7
01-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Fluctuates between a 5-10 on any given day but I would say I average an 8. I've gotten much better at appreciating each day as I've gotten older and my lows are generally higher. Hopefully I can just maintain this forever lol.

nathanjizzle
01-21-2014, 06:27 PM
damn bro wtf is going on :eek:

Just read your posts in the online dating thread, keep ya head up

i fell in love and the girl dont like me :cry:

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2014, 06:47 PM
i fell in love and the girl dont like me :cry:

There is always someone else, for everyone :cry:

Bandito
01-21-2014, 07:42 PM
I would put a 9 on it. It would be 10 if I had my own place and job though...

Ai2death
01-21-2014, 07:57 PM
At a 9 right now, as soon as it's 5pm and I'm outta work, i'll be a easy 10.

Don't let life and negativity get ya done ISH, there's always someone worse off in the world.

Just2McFly
01-21-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm around a zero. I've been rapidly declining in health ans spirit since moving to Canada.