PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving: 26 points in 27 shots wow

k0kakw0rld
01-21-2014, 02:09 AM
What an amazing display of ineffiency. Probably the worst point guard in the east right now. Overrated ship his ass to the D-League.

moe94
01-21-2014, 02:10 AM
That's that Antoine Walker efficiency.

IncarceratedBob
01-21-2014, 02:11 AM
He's the only player on that team with a semblance of offensive skill

Illuminati
01-21-2014, 02:12 AM
My friend calls Kyrie 'Mini-Mamba' and damn, he isn't lying.

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 02:14 AM
I've been saying for all of my time here that Kyrie is a neutral/negative value player.

He gets a lot of points but does it out of the team's offense and is terribly inefficient. There isn't a lot of value to 25 points on 25 shots. Teams need to be able to score 100+, and very often don't get more than 75 shots up. Not to mention his defense.

Kyrie needs lockdown defenders, good passers, and efficient offensive players around him to make up for his deficiencies. Basically not worth it for a winning team. Cavs should cash in before it's too late.

El Gato Negro
01-21-2014, 02:15 AM
av has the second highest mid range shooting efficacy in the nba.

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 02:15 AM

Luol Deng is a better offensive player than Kyrie.

Lebron23
01-21-2014, 02:16 AM
That's that Antoine Walker efficiency.

Prime Antoine walker was a good all around player. It sucks that he had a poor shot selection.

moe94
01-21-2014, 02:16 AM
He gets a lot of points but does it out of the team's offense and is terribly inefficient.

He's at his worst season in terms of efficiency. He's still more efficient than Lillard. At his worst, he's still better than Lillard. :oldlol:

In fact, before this season, his efficiency was lauded.

Mr. Jabbar
01-21-2014, 02:17 AM
damn, its not panning out like danny wanted..

http://www.rantsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/nba_g_gilbert11_576.jpg

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 02:18 AM
Kyrie + 2014 Cleveland 1st for Michael Carter Williams.

I honestly think Philly says no.

JohnFreeman
01-21-2014, 02:18 AM
I always knew he was overrated. Nice guy though, met him in Brisbane

moe94
01-21-2014, 02:19 AM

rookie Kyrie > rookie MCW :confusedshrug:

Inferno
01-21-2014, 02:20 AM
He's at his worst season in terms of efficiency. He's still more efficient than Lillard. At his worst, he's still better than Lillard. :oldlol:

Nah he's not more efficient than Lillard...

2.4 more shots to score 0.1 more point per game...

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 02:24 AM

There's more to efficiency than field goal percentage.

You'd probably think Lillard is inefficient when you see his 42% FG, but if you looked a little you'd see he's shooting 44% from deep on over 7 attempts per game. Those are Curry level numbers, even better than him this year. He's also knocking down 90% of his free throws. TS% of .585

Kyrie, on the other hand, is shooting a very slightly better 43% from the field, while shooting over two less 3's and making them at a middling 36%. Free throws are down to 83%, TS% of just 52 (comparatively, JR Smith last year).

Lillard's efficiency >>> Kyrie

moe94
01-21-2014, 02:24 AM
Yeah, you're right. Kyrie keeps dipping. He went back to form in December...

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 02:26 AM

Maybe, but I like to value defense in players.

Also, Kyrie's shooting has regressed and he has shown no improvement. Confirmed as unable to carry a team like many thought he'd be able to. He's a valuable piece and might be a good #2/#3 one day, but right now he's neutral to a teams performance.

Jameerthefear
01-21-2014, 02:27 AM

lol no they don't. they take that and run

Inferno
01-21-2014, 02:28 AM

True. But Damian wasn't too shabby in December either :confusedshrug:

Kyrie put up 24/6 on 19 shots, Damian put up 23/6 on 16 shots, again being more efficient because of his 3 point shooting

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 02:28 AM

He had a really nice month, but with his ability to get to the rim he needs to cut WAY back on jumpers, even threes, and attack the rim. He was doing that with a little consistency for stretches.

Should be averaging more like 20/8/4 on 46/40/83 instead of 22/6/3 on 43/36/83. He's got a lot to learn, but I think he'll get there if he can get a competent coach.

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 02:30 AM
lol no they don't. they take that and run

**Meant to say lotto-protected first or something.

But why? MCW has shown a higher ceiling and the ability to lead his team to wins more. He plays better defense, and passes and rebounds better. The only think Kyrie has is scoring, which isn't that much of a gap and one that will be closed soon.

I<3NBA
01-21-2014, 02:30 AM
My friend calls Kyrie 'Mini-Mamba' and damn, he isn't lying.
:lol :lol :lol

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 02:31 AM
I'd like to say any "out there" opinion I have on Kyrie, and I realize they're against the grain, isn't just reactionary to this one game but something based on the dozens of games I've seen of him.

Jameerthefear
01-21-2014, 02:32 AM
**Meant to say lotto-protected first or something.

But why? MCW has shown a higher ceiling and the ability to lead his team to wins more. He plays better defense, and passes and rebounds better. The only think Kyrie has is scoring, which isn't that much of a gap and one that will be closed soon.
you are really overrating MCW. Him and Oladipo have both been so up and down. Kyrie is in a slump, yeah, but even in his rookie season he was a better player then MCW.

Inferno
01-21-2014, 02:33 AM
MCW does have a ceiling as high as, if not higher than Kyrie's (possibly), but Kyrie's also younger and the more proven player...

MCW has injury concerns as well IMO

But throw in a Cleveland 1st and I'm pretty sure Philly takes that in a heartbeat

moe94
01-21-2014, 02:33 AM
I'd like to say any "out there" opinion I have on Kyrie, and I realize they're against the grain, isn't just reactionary to this one game but something based on the dozens of games I've seen of him.

Believe me, your opinion is not exactly out there. It's actually becoming the opinion that is parroted. :(

LMAO @ MCW being older than Kyrie

Kyrie is a baby.

Inferno
01-21-2014, 02:36 AM
Yeah, WTF how is Kyrie so young :biggums:

Every year there's some new PG but Kyrie's still younger :biggums:

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 02:41 AM
There's definitely still time for Kyrie to improve, and maybe it was too reactionary, that hypothetical deal. But there are a lot of PG's I'd take over him until he can regain his efficient scoring (was thought of to be a 50/40/90 candidate) and prove not to be a complete defensive liability.

The pick probably breaks the deal but right now I value MCW as much going forward.

moe94
01-21-2014, 02:45 AM
Yeah, WTF how is Kyrie so young :biggums:

Every year there's some new PG but Kyrie's still younger :biggums:

2020 draft #1 pick, the freshman phenom Point Guard

Somehow Kyrie is still younger. :banana:

Inferno
01-21-2014, 02:47 AM
2020 draft #1 pick, the freshman phenom Point Guard

Somehow Kyrie is still younger. :banana:

:lol

sc19
01-21-2014, 02:48 AM
Just copying his hero, Kobe.

FaceSmack
01-21-2014, 04:56 AM
I actually like to call Kyrie the Kobe of PGs. Not really a pure passer but an elite scorer with a diverse offensive arsenal. He's also really clutch and he's got a ton of followers

Wall is the Lebron of PGs. Athletically gifted, poor jump shot. Pure passer and floor general. Can get to the paint at will. He also has a lot of people that don't like him

moe94
01-21-2014, 04:59 AM
I actually like to call Kyrie the Kobe of PGs. Not really a pure passer but an elite scorer with a diverse offensive arsenal. He's also really clutch and he's got a ton of followers

Wall is the Lebron of PGs. Athletically gifted, poor jump shot. Pure passer and floor general. Can get to the paint at will. He also has a lot of people that don't like him

Beautifully put. :applause:

DukeDelonte13
01-21-2014, 08:21 AM
I've watched every single NBA game Kyrie has played in.

Austin Carr the cavs color commentator said it best. Cavs need Kyrie to put up 18 and 10 versus 25 and 5.

It's easy for a good team to cut off Kyrie's driving lanes. Kyrie needs to understand how to move the f*cking ball, especially late in the stretch. Im sick of watching him just dribble it into the teeth of the defense instead of giving it up and forcing the defense to work.

Some games he decides he wants to be a PG and other games he decides he wants to be Kobe.

PleezeBelieve
01-21-2014, 09:45 AM
Cavs about to lose Dion Waiters because they're going to let Kyrie Gunz run their franchise.

Second rate organization

Budadiiii
01-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Cavs about to lose Dion Waiters because they're going to let Kyrie Gunz run their franchise.

Second rate organization
:applause:

Kyrie leading the Cavs to more L's. Forever a loser franchise.

DukeDelonte13
01-21-2014, 10:12 AM

Second rate organization

Mike Brown loves Dion, and Dan Gilbert especially loves Dion. Cavs have been getting offers for Dion all season. I highly doubt they will let him go.

PleezeBelieve
01-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Mike Brown loves Dion, and Dan Gilbert especially loves Dion. Cavs have been getting offers for Dion all season. I highly doubt they will let him go.
Mike Brown certainly doesn't coach like he loves Dion

Mike Brown certainly coaches like he loves Kyrie

STATUTORY
01-21-2014, 10:23 AM
kyrie really fell apart after kobe got injured

cuad
01-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Meanwhile, just one day earlier, Isaiah Thomas drops 38 points on 11-18 shooting.

Isaiah Thomas is better than Kyrie Irving.

DMAVS41
01-21-2014, 11:28 AM

Austin Carr the cavs color commentator said it best. Cavs need Kyrie to put up 18 and 10 versus 25 and 5.

It's easy for a good team to cut off Kyrie's driving lanes. Kyrie needs to understand how to move the f*cking ball, especially late in the stretch. Im sick of watching him just dribble it into the teeth of the defense instead of giving it up and forcing the defense to work.

Some games he decides he wants to be a PG and other games he decides he wants to be Kobe.

He hasn't learned to pick his spots yet. He doesn't have to be one or the other...he just can't do all or nothing on either side of that issue.

I like Irving...and I want the Cavs to get good again, but unless something changes I just really don't see Irving staying.

They only have 32 million on the books for next year. So they could revamp the roster pretty significantly, but what could they really get? They could sign Deng I guess if he'll stay and add a big potentially (not sure there are a ton of bigs out there as good as Andy anyway though)...just seems like this roster is going to be more or less the same next year.

And then Kyrie is up after next year. I'd be really worried as a Cavs fan.

DukeDelonte13
01-21-2014, 11:36 AM
He hasn't learned to pick his spots yet. He doesn't have to be one or the other...he just can't do all or nothing on either side of that issue.

I like Irving...and I want the Cavs to get good again, but unless something changes I just really don't see Irving staying.

They only have 32 million on the books for next year. So they could revamp the roster pretty significantly, but what could they really get? They could sign Deng I guess if he'll stay and add a big potentially (not sure there are a ton of bigs out there as good as Andy anyway though)...just seems like this roster is going to be more or less the same next year.

And then Kyrie is up after next year. I'd be really worried as a Cavs fan.

He's a RFA :hammerhead: so as a cavs fan I wouldn't be worried about losing Irving at all. At least not after his rookie deal is up.

Mike Brown certainly doesn't coach like he loves Dion

Mike Brown certainly coaches like he loves Kyrie

I disagree with that. I think Brown has held both of them accountable. I think Byron held Kyrie to a lesser standard though. I think Kyrie and Dion should be yanked from a game if they give up on plays and don't get back on transition.

DMAVS41
01-21-2014, 12:04 PM
He's a RFA :hammerhead: so as a cavs fan I wouldn't be worried about losing Irving at all. At least not after his rookie deal is up.

I disagree with that. I think Brown has held both of them accountable. I think Byron held Kyrie to a lesser standard though. I think Kyrie and Dion should be yanked from a game if they give up on plays and don't get back on transition.

I know he's restricted. He could still leave. I'd be worried. Especially if the Cavs can't get better this coming season. Hopefully they do.

DukeDelonte13
01-21-2014, 12:15 PM
I know he's restricted. He could still leave. I'd be worried. Especially if the Cavs can't get better this coming season. Hopefully they do.

I can't think of a scenario where the cavs would allow that to happen barring some crazy situation where Kyrie just up and pulls an Allen Iverson and refuses to play for the organization any more and they just cut ties... Cavs will most likely match any offer he gets.

DMAVS41
01-21-2014, 12:16 PM
I can't think of a scenario where the cavs would allow that to happen barring some crazy situation where Kyrie just up and pulls an Allen Iverson and refuses to play for the organization any more and they just cut ties... Cavs will most likely match any offer he gets.

of course they will. i'm talking about the exact type of scenario you posted above.

DukeDelonte13
01-21-2014, 12:27 PM
of course they will. i'm talking about the exact type of scenario you posted above.

That exact scenario has almost no likelihood of ever happening. Kyrie has a good head on his shoulders and the cavs by all account are treating him very well. He's even helped recruit for the cavs. If he's going to bolt he'll do it after his second deal when he's unrestricted.

DMAVS41
01-21-2014, 12:38 PM
That exact scenario has almost no likelihood of ever happening. Kyrie has a good head on his shoulders and the cavs by all account are treating him very well. He's even helped recruit for the cavs. If he's going to bolt he'll do it after his second deal when he's unrestricted.

It depends on what the Cavs do. I don't know if "good head on his shoulders" it at play.

If the Cavs are coming back next year with a roster that is going to get them 10 or so games under .500...it's going to be a problem.

We'll see.

chips93
01-21-2014, 02:13 PM
I've been saying for all of my time here that Kyrie is a neutral/negative value player.

He gets a lot of points but does it out of the team's offense and is terribly inefficient. There isn't a lot of value to 25 points on 25 shots. Teams need to be able to score 100+, and very often don't get more than 75 shots up. Not to mention his defense.

Kyrie needs lockdown defenders, good passers, and efficient offensive players around him to make up for his deficiencies. Basically not worth it for a winning team. Cavs should cash in before it's too late.

if you are satisfied looking at this from purely a statistical standpoint, and ignoring context, you ought to acknowledge the rest of the cavs roster.

kyrie has the 5th highest TS% (im not counting deng, since hes only played like 5 games). the players above kyrie? anderson, miles, zeller, and dellavadova.

So which of those offensive juggernauts would you like to see take more shots?

maybe when the shot clock is winding down, brown should call for some more delly isos? should zeller be looking for the ball on the low block?

:rolleyes:

kyrie isnt from perfect, i wish he would be a better passer, but im not entirely sure hes capable of that. regardless hes clearly the best player on the cavs.

mcw is older than kyrie too

chips93
01-21-2014, 02:22 PM

i feel like these games where he decides to be a point guard, hes still more of a floor general, than a pure passer. thats the thing that worries me about kyrie. his 'unselfishness' is just letting dion start the offense, or getting andy the ball in the high post.

its not like cp3's version of unselfishness, which is getting teammates easy shots.

alexthegr8
01-21-2014, 03:36 PM

So in other words, you want him to be John Wall? Wall's averaging 20 and 9 while rebounding, stealing the ball and playing defense at a high rate.

DukeDelonte13
01-21-2014, 03:56 PM
So in other words, you want him to be John Wall? Wall's averaging 20 and 9 while rebounding, stealing the ball and playing defense at a high rate.

I'll give credit where it's due. Wall has been great this season. He's playing within the game instead of forcing it.

Kyrie needs to play what the defense gives him instead of forcing the issue so much. Don't get me wrong, Kyrie has had some games this year where he's looked better than he ever has in his career; playing tough D, getting his teammates easy buckets, being a vocal leader, etc.

It's just more often then not especially in comeback situations, Kyrie has a tendency to wanna play too much hero ball in the final few minutes stagnating the offense.

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Not sure what's worse, losing Kyrie for nothing or paying him the max for years.

alexthegr8
01-21-2014, 09:18 PM
I'll give credit where it's due. Wall has been great this season. He's playing within the game instead of forcing it.

Kyrie needs to play what the defense gives him instead of forcing the issue so much. Don't get me wrong, Kyrie has had some games this year where he's looked better than he ever has in his career; playing tough D, getting his teammates easy buckets, being a vocal leader, etc.

It's just more often then not especially in comeback situations, Kyrie has a tendency to wanna play too much hero ball in the final few minutes stagnating the offense.

I was just giving you a hard time, you're definitely very even-handed when analyzing Kyrie. Definitely still a star in this league and the Cavs are lucky to have him. He's still figuring out how to best impact the game but hell, he's still got plenty of time to be exactly what people were projecting him to be before the season.