01-21-2014, 04:39 PM
LMA

Rose'sACL
Who is the better big this year?

Stats:

LaMarcus Aldridge: 24.1/11.5/2.9 on 48% Team record: 31-10

Dwight Howard: 18.1/12.6/1.9 on 57% Team record: 28-15
LMA. i have no idea why this thread was made though.

HOoopCityJones
LMA

This.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:41 PM

It's for the 2 delusional Rockets posters who think Dwight is the best big in the game

Genaro
01-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Dwight is not even the best player on his team. One can make the argument that even Parsons is more valuable than him.
LMA and I don't think is close.

Legends66NBA7
01-21-2014, 04:42 PM

Because in another thread, 2 Houston fans claimed that Aldridge was not the best big man in the game. They also said that Aldridge is not better than Harden.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Dwight is not even the best player on his team. One can make the argument that even Parsons is more valuable than him.

Let's see if those two come and try and defend Dwight.... I'm waiting

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Because in another thread, 2 Houston fans claimed that Aldridge was not the best big man in the game. They also said that Aldridge is not better than Harden.

This

Ratnik
01-21-2014, 04:45 PM
It's for the 2 delusional Rockets posters who think Dwight is the best big in the game
So, if I say Rondo>CP3 you'll open a thread? :facepalm

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Harden is a fraud.

He's a decent SG , but no where near MJ, Kobe, Wade level.

He's still in the Monta, OJ, Swaggy class of SG.

But yea, they're clearly homers.

Aldridge is a beast.

tragicbronson
01-21-2014, 04:46 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-wtf-any-if-you-are-trying-to-achieve-here-including-op-thumb.jpg

Legends66NBA7
01-21-2014, 04:46 PM
So, if I say Rondo>CP3 you'll open an thread? :facepalm

Not even the same thing. However, that has been discussed before and peaked around 2012.

People should make separate threads if the original topic hasn't stayed on course.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:48 PM
So, if I say Rondo>CP3 you'll open an thread? :facepalm

No, it different, I want other peoples opinions on it, rather than just 2 stupid Rockets fans who think the WCF is a lock

Mr Exlax
01-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Honestly I'll say Dwight. LMA is putting up better offensive numbers, but he's also the first option on his team. He also plays with players that know how to feed him the ball where he likes it because they've been playing together for over a year. Add to that the Blazers' starting line up has been the same every game this season. Oh and then let's not even go look at the defensive side of the ball. I may be viewed as bias, but I swear to you I'm not.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:58 PM
For those wondering, this is why I started this thread for a debate:

LMA is not better then Harden. Lamarcus plays in the flow of games, he can never take over a game and win in the clutch. Basically, he's a poor man's Dirk. LMA isn't even the beat player on his team.

LMA isn't even the best PF in the league.

inb4 People say LMA vs. Love. Portland looks stacked compared to that bad Wolves team.

Don't forget Dwight, best big man in the game. He has outplayed every other big man supposedly better than him so far.

Howard took over the game yesterday and LMA was nowhere to be seen. lol @ this notion that LMA is the best big man in the game. Dwight outplayed him yesterday.

No one cares what LMA's stats look like. Anyone who watched the game knows Dwight imposed his will early in the game and dominated from the start.

Dwight locked him up early. On the other hand, LMA didn't want anything to do with Dwight.

:oldlol:

LMA got half a game, sure. Dwight plays on both ends of the court, and that's why he's the best big man in the league.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Has to be Dwight.

The Efficiency and Defense put him over the top.

Inb4 "Dwight not that good as defender"

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Has to be Dwight.

Nah, he's just not that good in general.

Plays good vs mediocre talent , then is "still hurt" against top tiers.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Honestly I'll say Dwight. LMA is putting up better offensive numbers, but he's also the first option on his team. He also plays with players that know how to feed him the ball where he likes it because they've been playing together for over a year. Add to that the Blazers' starting line up has been the same every game this season. Oh and then let's not even go look at the defensive side of the ball. I may be viewed as bias, but I swear to you I'm not.

You are one of the only Rockets posters I respect on this board, I can see what you are saying but lets not act like LMA isn't the main reason why his team is doing so well, he has upped his game to a new level, Dwight is very inconsistent, he will show up in patches, defensively he is still solid tho.

Mr Exlax
01-21-2014, 05:19 PM
You are one of the only Rockets posters I respect on this board, I can see what you are saying but lets not act like LMA isn't the main reason why his team is doing so well, he has upped his game to a new level, Dwight is very inconsistent, he will show up in patches, defensively he is still solid tho.

Oh nah I'm not taking anything away from LMA. Nothing at all. I'm just pointing out things that often get overlooked when we just focus on numbers. Dwight is very very inconsistent to me this season, but that falls on his teammates as well. Some games they look to him and other games they don't. I don't know what to make of it. I just think Dwight has a greater impact than LMA.

215Philly
01-21-2014, 05:21 PM
Nah, he's just not that good in general.

Plays good vs mediocre talent , then is "still hurt" against top tiers.
Did you see what he did to the pistons when drum was on a tear?

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Oh nah I'm not taking anything away from LMA. Nothing at all. I'm just pointing out things that often get overlooked when we just focus on numbers. Dwight is very very inconsistent to me this season, but that falls on his teammates as well. Some games they look to him and other games they don't. I don't know what to make of it. I just think Dwight has a greater impact than LMA.

I don't know about him having a greater impact, the whole team just plays messy, but then its Dwights responsibility as a leader to demand the ball, LMA gets the ball because he is the leader, I would say LMA's consistency alone puts him over Dwight this season.

Mr Exlax
01-21-2014, 05:25 PM
I don't know about him having a greater impact, the whole team just plays messy, but then its Dwights responsibility as a leader to demand the ball, LMA gets the ball because he is the leader, I would say LMA's consistency alone puts him over Dwight this season.

I'm just factoring offense and defense. Even then though, we'll agree to disagree. Can't go wrong with either one of these two players tbh.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm just factoring offense and defense. Even then though, we'll agree to disagree. Can't go wrong with either one of these two players tbh.

Going forward though, I would like to see Dwight demand the ball more, you can't disappear in stretches in the Playoffs

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-21-2014, 05:29 PM

Stats:

Howard is a overrated scrub on offense with zero moves his defense has fallen off....

Mr Exlax
01-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Going forward though, I would like to see Dwight demand the ball more, you can't disappear in stretches in the Playoffs

The thing about that is that you don't really get to see the games when he's calling for the ball and he's down in the post where he should be and we still just jack up a contested jumper. It has to be hands down one of the most mind boggling things I've ever seen. Harden haters want to just blame him, but it's the entire team often times. I just can't make heads or tails of it.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:35 PM
The thing about that is that you don't really get to see the games when he's calling for the ball and he's down in the post where he should be and we still just jack up a contested jumper. It has to be hands down one of the most mind boggling things I've ever seen. Harden haters want to just blame him, but it's the entire team often times. I just can't make heads or tails of it.

It's weird yes, sometimes I wonder why they signed Dwight if they are not willing to slow it down and work the ball in a half court setting, he needs time to get to his post position, get the ball and make the move, but the team plays the majority of the game from the perimeter.

D-FENS
01-21-2014, 05:35 PM

Stats:

LMA is HEAPS better, bro. You'd have to have tall poppy syndrome to think otherwise. LMA wins because he gets more go on Moro, nd he uses Twink instead of White Out.

Bigsmoke
01-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Has to be Dwight.

Dwight's defense ain't like it once was.

Mr Exlax
01-21-2014, 05:46 PM
It's weird yes, sometimes I wonder why they signed Dwight if they are not willing to slow it down and work the ball in a half court setting, he needs time to get to his post position, get the ball and make the move, but the team plays the majority of the game from the perimeter.

Once we make a coaching change I think things are gonna change.

r0drig0lac
01-21-2014, 05:48 PM
So, if I say Rondo>CP3 you'll open a thread? :facepalm
this would be an absolute truth, then why would not they open a thread

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Once we make a coaching change I think things are gonna change.

Bring in Hollins!! :rockon:

Jameerthefear
01-21-2014, 07:12 PM
when dwight is at his best he's still much better than aldridge. sadly he can't dominate like he used to as often.

Milbuck
01-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Lam Alderg

oarabbus
01-21-2014, 07:16 PM

One can make that argument, and one would be very, very stupid to do so. There is such a thing called "defense" and Howard is in the elite category at it. Parsons is a serviceable to good (sometimes, depending on the player) defender at best.

33teeth
01-21-2014, 07:43 PM
I don't think LMA is the best big man in the game. If he is, it's by such a narrow margin that it's stupid to argue. He and Dwight are pretty different as players.

Cousins is honestly right up there in this conversation. The only way you could keep him out of it is based on team record, but that's pretty unfair based on their teams. He scores more efficiently than LMA even - despite people still carrying on about his inefficiency.

Smook A.
01-21-2014, 07:50 PM
Black and White... why do you have make dumbass threads? You make a thread because TWO rockets fans say dwight is better. Are you kidding me? 1000000000000 people on this forum say Dwight is a loser. Do you see me start threads saying "Why does Dwight have so many haters".

Anyway, AS A ROCKETS FAN!, both are great players. I absolutely love having Dwight on my team but i'll have LMA. I still love Dwight but LMA is slightly better

BlazerRed
01-21-2014, 07:52 PM
LMA :bowdown:

Smook A.
01-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Howard is a overrated scrub on offense with zero moves his defense has fallen off....
Moves dont matter as long as you can score. Dwight scores 18 ppg on 58% shooting. HATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. gtfo

oarabbus
01-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Moves dont matter as long as you can score. Dwight scores 18 ppg on 58% shooting. HATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. gtfo

This.

18ppg + elite defense = scrub... :facepalm

Black and White
01-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Black and White... why do you have make dumbass threads? You make a thread because TWO rockets fans say dwight is better. Are you kidding me? 1000000000000 people on this forum say Dwight is a loser. Do you see me start threads saying "Why does Dwight have so many haters".

Anyway, AS A ROCKETS FAN!, both are great players. I absolutely love having Dwight on my team but i'll have LMA. I still love Dwight but LMA is slightly better

There is a thread about this somewhere.......

Smook A.
01-21-2014, 07:55 PM
There is a thread about this somewhere.......
I didnt make it

Black and White
01-21-2014, 07:56 PM
I didnt make it

No I'm not saying you did but I'm, saying there is a thread about this, this thread having a player comparison is better than a "stop hating on Dwight" thread

Smook A.
01-21-2014, 07:59 PM
No I'm not saying you did but I'm, saying there is a thread about this, this thread having a player comparison is better than a "stop hating on Dwight" thread
When you put the name Dwight is any thread, he'll get hate. Just the way it is. IDK why people hate on him though :facepalm

Black and White
01-21-2014, 08:00 PM
When you put the name Dwight is any thread, he'll get hate. Just the way it is. IDK why people hate on him though :facepalm

It would be a combination of things, the way he acts in the media is one, but hey this thread is better than having 10000000 LeBron v Kobe threads all the time.

Heavincent
01-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Has to be Dwight.

LMA is more efficient than Dwight. He shoots about 30% better from the line and has a better assist to TO ratio. Shooting 53% on 9 FT's per game and having more turnovers than assists is not efficient basketball.

MUGEN
01-21-2014, 08:31 PM
LMA and it's not even close