PDA

View Full Version : Who was the Alpha on the 2012 Olympics team?

Solefade
01-21-2014, 06:11 PM
2012 olympics highlights: http://youtu.be/OBZhxQoz6T4

IncarceratedBob
01-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Kobe was the father figure to all the young guns, they all looked up to him. If you watch that final with spain, towards the end you see all the players huddle around Kobe. He was the leader of the team, not the most talented but he simply commands respect.

FlagrantOne
01-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Kobe is Alpha of the NBA :pimp:

oarabbus
01-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Carmelo, didn't he set Olympic scoring records and ****? Or maybe just Team USA records? Or both?

Cold soul
01-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Kobe was easily the alpha of the team.

Rose'sACL
01-21-2014, 06:15 PM
phil jackson said lebron was the leader of that team.

9erempiree
Carmelo.

He was beasting and always beasted in international play.

Black and White
Bean

riseagainst
3 levels of stardom:

Cleaner - A Cleaner is the ultimate competitor who has an "insatiable addiction to success

Closer - A Closer "can handle a lot of pressure" and will perform effectively if his task is clearly defined

Cooler - Cooler is a follower who "can make a huge play, but he's ultimately not responsible for the outcome."

Kobe/Wade/WestBrook/CP3 are all cleaners.

MP.Trey
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/coachk2016.jpg

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Chris Paul.

RightToCensor
01-21-2014, 06:17 PM
Oh look, another ****** using the word alpha to describe an NBA player. Welcome to my ignore list.

Solefade
lol

Boarder Patrol
Kobe was honestly the leader of that team.

Melo was alpha as fvck on court though

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Hahaha

oarabbus
3 levels of stardom:

Cleaner - A Cleaner is the ultimate competitor who has an "insatiable addiction to success

Closer - A Closer "can handle a lot of pressure" and will perform effectively if his task is clearly defined

Cooler - Cooler is a follower who "can make a huge play, but he's ultimately not responsible for the outcome."

Kobe/Wade/WestBrook/CP3 are all cleaners.

For 2012 USA Olympic team:

Cooler - Kevin Love, Iguodala, Dwill, Chandler, Harden, Davis
Closer - CP3, Lebron, Kobe, Westbrook
Cleaner - Carmelo, Durant

Black and White
lol

Is this a thread backfire? Were you expecting LeBron????

Trollsmasher
01-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Anybody who watched it knows it was LeBron. Anytime they got into trouble the ball went into his hands.

Le Shaqtus
01-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Kobe was the father figure of the team

Durant and LeBron were the two headed dragon that wrecked shit.

9erempiree
01-21-2014, 06:20 PM
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/L6uuNKKpR8mnhnEwAlNoHg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/150015856.jpg

Were you guys not entertained?

Solefade
01-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Is this a thread backfire? Were you expecting LeBron????

please, you think i'm that dumb? ISH is laker nation

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Anybody who watched it knows it was LeBron. Anytime they got into trouble the ball went into his hands.

LeBron is a beta figure, he was the best player at the time, no doubt, but he wasn't the leader.

Solefade
01-21-2014, 06:23 PM
LeBron is a beta figure, he was the best player at the time, no doubt, but he wasn't the leader.

lol except lebron made the biggest baskets down the stretch in the final

essentially the "go-to" guy in that last game but didn't put up big numbers over the entire course of the game..that would be KD

Heavincent
01-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Probably Lebron.

Kobe was definitely the leader of the 08 redeem team though, no question. After that he was willing to hand the keys over to Lebron in 2012.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:25 PM
lol except lebron made the biggest baskets down the stretch in the finals

essentially the "go-to" guy in that last game but didn't put up big numbers over the entire course of the game.

That doesn't define alpha, Kobe was the one driving them, a case can be made for CP3 as well

Trollsmasher
01-21-2014, 06:26 PM
****ot cells are spreading through your body like a cancer with every passing day. Better do something about it.

NumberSix
01-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Kevin Love

oarabbus
01-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Kevin Love

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/celebs/images2/GHI/georgewbush.jpg

Deuce Bigalow
01-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Would have loved to see that USA team take on the greatest team ever assembled, the 66-67 Sixers.

GOATbe
01-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Definitely Kobe.

Solefade
01-21-2014, 06:28 PM
That doesn't define alpha, Kobe was the one driving them, a case can be made for CP3 as well

What does that even mean? :lol

Kobe is a guy that hardly sets any examples off the court. dat objectivity

Trollsmasher
01-21-2014, 06:29 PM

I would love to see him make a case for CP3:lol

MP.Trey
01-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Kevin Love
:oldlol: I seem to recall Love posting Dwight Howard type numbers at the line that Olympics.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:32 PM
****ot cells are spreading through your body like a cancer with every passing day. Better do something about it.

Just because I dont select LeBron??? lol not everyone thinks he is as great as you do, come on, look at the the question,

for everyone here is the oxford definition:

the dominant male animal in a particular group; a man tending to assume a dominant or domineering role in social or professional situations.

You are telling me thats LeBron? ^^^^^^^^

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:33 PM

Being alpha is a mindset :facepalm

Trollsmasher
01-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Just because I dont select LeBron??? lol not everyone thinks he is as great as you do, come on, look at the the question,

the dominant male animal in a particular group; a man tending to assume a dominant or domineering role in social or professional situations.

No. It's because you are simply a fa*

You would not select LeBron even if the question was who is the best player with number 6 on Miami Heat.

I mean, you just said you could make a case for CP3 which pretty much shows that you have absolutely zero basketball knowledge:lol

Rose'sACL
01-21-2014, 06:37 PM

don't tell me again that you are not biased. i was in many game threads during olympics on a few sports forums and everyone was calling lebron the leader of that team. phil jackson also called him the leader of that team.
LoL @ that definition though. Lebron was the one making key plays when team needed it. anyone who watched it knows that.

J Shuttlesworth
I dunno it's hard to say. I know I'm an alpha, personally. People tell me I'm alpha all the time. I worry about some of these NBA players. Look at LeBron for example. Dude is clearly beta. I mean he makes millions while winning championship, and is idolized all across the world. What a beta. Meanwhile, I'm here on my keyboard criticizing him all alpha as hell.

Solefade
Being alpha is a mindset :facepalm

i obviously wasn't expecting everyone, not even most to pick lebron but be honest, did you even watch the games?

kobe wasn't much of a presence in any of the olympic games except for one of them and it wasn't the final one.

KD, Melo, Bron would have all been better answers.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:38 PM

You would not select LeBron even if the question was who is the best player with number 6 on Miami Heat.

I mean, you just said you could make a case for CP3 which pretty much shows that you have absolutely zero basketball knowledge:lol

No CP3 is a leader, read the definition, it's who other players look at for guidance, motivation, leadership etc, god, you are so narrow-minded that you are confusing their play on court with alpha status :facepalm

moe94
01-21-2014, 06:38 PM
I dunno it's hard to say. I know I'm an alpha, personally. People tell me I'm alpha all the time. I worry about some of these NBA players. Look at LeBron for example. Dude is clearly beta. I mean he makes millions while winning championship, and is idolized all across the world. What a beta. Meanwhile, I'm here on my keyboard criticizing him all alpha as hell.
:oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
01-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Well maybe you're right. After all, you're a keyboard warrior after all. Surely, your opinion is greater than that of Phil Jacksons.

Rose'sACL
LoL

Deuce Bigalow
It's funny because I dunno it's hard to say. I know I'm an alpha, personally. People tell me I'm alpha all the time. I worry about some of these NBA players. Look at LeBron for example. Dude is clearly beta. I mean he makes millions while winning championship, and is idolized all across the world. What a beta. Meanwhile, I'm here on my keyboard criticizing him all alpha as hell.

Solefade

the funniest part is that he claims he's an objective celtics fan/kobe fan. :lol

moe94
01-21-2014, 06:41 PM
It's funny because I dunno it's hard to say. I know I'm an alpha, personally. People tell me I'm alpha all the time. I worry about some of these NBA players. Look at LeBron for example. Dude is clearly beta. I mean he makes millions while winning championship, and is idolized all across the world. What a beta. Meanwhile, I'm here on my keyboard criticizing him all alpha as hell.
I'm not sure I totally agree because I dunno it's hard to say. I know I'm an alpha, personally. People tell me I'm alpha all the time. I worry about some of these NBA players. Look at LeBron for example. Dude is clearly beta. I mean he makes millions while winning championship, and is idolized all across the world. What a beta. Meanwhile, I'm here on my keyboard criticizing him all alpha as hell.

Bandito
01-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Kobe was the father figure to all the young guns, they all looked up to him. If you watch that final with spain, towards the end you see all the players huddle around Kobe. He was the leader of the team, not the most talented but he simply commands respect.
This. Kobe was the Alpha or rather the leader of the team, he was the old dog, the one with most experience and the one to beat. Of course there were better players than him but in the end the one they looked up was Kobe.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Nice video. Everybody on that team was alpha. USA >

oarabbus
01-21-2014, 06:43 PM

:lol :applause:

Trollsmasher
01-21-2014, 06:43 PM
"I love LeBron," Krzyzewski said. "He was our leader. He's the best player on this planet. And I think he can even get better, as he accomplishes more."

Jackson said. "But he's kinda got the smell of it, and even the Olympic experience this summer, he was the granted leader of that team and was the critical player when they needed something to happen in the final games.

LeBron was the primary ballhandler and the 1st option in clutch.

Black and White: "I could make a case for CP3 over LeBron."

:roll:

the funniest part is that he claims he's an objective celtics fan/kobe fan. :lol
I doubt he watched a single Celtics game this year. Probably had no idea that they are playing today until NumberSix created a GT

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:45 PM
"I love LeBron," Krzyzewski said. "He was our leader. He's the best player on this planet. And I think he can even get better, as he accomplishes more."

Jackson said. "But he's kinda got the smell of it, and even the Olympic experience this summer, he was the granted leader of that team and was the critical player when they needed something to happen in the final games.

As a leader :facepalm and I was not the only one that said it.

I will acknowledge that LeBron was the best player on the team though, nobody can dispute that

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:46 PM

I doubt he watched a single Celtics game this year. Probably had no idea that they are playing today until NumberSix created a GT

Who are you to call out someone on not being objective when you where trying to make a case for LeBron being the best post player in the game :rolleyes:

Solefade
01-21-2014, 06:47 PM
As a leader :facepalm and I was not the only one that said it.

I will acknowledge that LeBron was the best player on the team though, nobody can dispute that

so he was the best player on the team, throughout the olympics and the most clutch but Kobe and CP3 are more alpha than him? ooookaaayyy

i'm totally fine with people having different opinions but if they don't justify it correctly, that's where my problem with it is.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2014, 06:48 PM

You have to change your Avatar to a Heat player and jerk Lebron in every other post or it doesn't count.

moe94
Who are you to call out someone on not being objective when you where trying to make a case for LeBron being the best post player in the game :rolleyes:

Trollsmasher
Will you stop putting lies into my mouth? It seems like you can't take a loss. No wonder, considering how I totally tore you apart in that thread.

Also, why are you backing off?:lol

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:50 PM
so he was the best player on the team, throughout the olympics and the most clutch but Kobe and CP3 are more alpha than him? ooookaaayyy

i'm totally fine with people having different opinions but if they don't justify it correctly, that's where my problem with it is.

As I said being alpha and the best player on the team are two seperate things, case in point: Westbrook v Durant

arifgokcen
01-21-2014, 06:55 PM
no need to talk about this.

Coach K repeatedly made it clear 2012 squad belonged to lebron.Back in 2008 squad,he talked about kobe the same way.He will talk about durant the same way in 2016.

It is as simple as that

pauk
01-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Those Lebron passes. :applause:

Black and White
Will you stop putting lies into my mouth? It seems like you can't take a loss. No wonder, considering how I totally tore you apart in that thread.

From the "LePostUp Putting On A Clinic" thread:

And not once did I personally say that he is the best. I keep repeating that he is one of the best and that's a simple fact that people are dismissive of.

LeBron >>> everyone

Deal with it

Yea, I lied :rolleyes:

You are REAL objective right?

Prometheus
although I'm not surprised, I'm still :facepalm at the people answering kobe in this thread. these laker homers must not have watched a single second of the Olympics. kobe was a non-factor.

and those of you who say "oh well he wasn't the best on the court but he was the father figure, the guy they looked up to.." and blah blah blah... okay, I get it now. juwan howard was the alpha for the Miami heat in their last 2 championship runs :oldlol:

for real, how do you picture it? are your delusions of kobe's grandeur so extreme that you think in every timeout huddle LeBron and kd were going "well... I'm not sure... kobe, what do you think we should do?"

someone please tell me ISH is more than just a playground for laker fanboys

SamuraiSWISH
01-21-2014, 06:57 PM
2008, it was Kobe / Kidd / Wade
2012, it was clearly Bron. Saved us from defeat in 3 games (Brazil, Lithuania, Gold Medal Game)

ILLsmak
As I said being alpha and the best player on the team are two seperate things, case in point: Westbrook v Durant

haha, well I've known people who are like Westbrook in life... imagine Durant and Westbrook approaching girls. Westbrook just keeps going in until he finally gets her where as Durant is smooth and just manages to get with it. If Durant fails, he's just like oh well and moves on, but Westbrook becomes either a rapist or makes an ass out of himself in front of the whole bar.

You see what I mean? I think the idea of alpha is overblown. To me, someone like Phil is alpha because he's on another level. Everyone is like Phil Jackson's son... he's like oh that's just MJ trying to be alpha...

That's what alpha is... never getting rattled, being on some other-worldly shit... not being hard headed failure after failure.

btw you already know.

-Smak

Rose'sACL
durant is the true alpha on that team. they are both friends . durant can carry any team in the league to playoffs. Westbrook just can't do that.
just because some people don't behave like an idiot doesn't mean that they are not alpha. Battier is more alpha than westbrook if you have any idea about how world works.
making the right play based on your ability is the truest meaning of alpha in sports and in life.

moe94
01-21-2014, 06:59 PM
You see what I mean? I think the idea of alpha is overblown. To me, someone like Phil is alpha because he's on another level. Everyone is like Phil Jackson's son... he's like oh that's just MJ trying to be alpha...

-Smak
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/2965773_o.gif

Trollsmasher
01-21-2014, 07:08 PM
From the "LePostUp Putting On A Clinic" thread:

Yea, I lied :rolleyes:

You are REAL objective right?
The meaning of that was already explained. Isn't it weird to you that you were the only one who somehow found that meaning in my post?

Black and White
01-21-2014, 07:11 PM
The meaning of that was already explained. Isn't it weird to you that you were the only one who somehow found that meaning in my post?

Mad you got called out on being a hypocrit?

I am not backing off, I have been consisent through the whole thread, I said LeBron was the best player, Kobe is the alpha.

You got exposed bro.

Trollsmasher
01-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Mad you got called out on being a hypocrit?

I am not backing off, I have been consisent through the whole thread, I said LeBron was the best player, Kobe is the alpha.

You got exposed bro.
I know that you would have an idea or two about getting exposed, but in this particular matter you are simply so mad at getting owned once again (I don't think I have ever seen a poster getting exposed in so many threads every day, you are really special) that you simply made up something in your head and you are now using it as a way to comfort yourself.

Your posts about Kobe being alpha have been completly exposed by people in this thread. But I guess that's nothing new for you:lol

Solefade
01-21-2014, 07:16 PM
although I'm not surprised, I'm still :facepalm at the people answering kobe in this thread. these laker homers must not have watched a single second of the Olympics. kobe was a non-factor.

and those of you who say "oh well he wasn't the best on the court but he was the father figure, the guy they looked up to.." and blah blah blah... okay, I get it now. juwan howard was the alpha for the Miami heat in their last 2 championship runs :oldlol:

for real, how do you picture it? are your delusions of kobe's grandeur so extreme that you think in every timeout huddle LeBron and kd were going "well... I'm not sure... kobe, what do you think we should do?"

someone please tell me ISH is more than just a playground for laker fanboys

:applause:

great example

freshperry
01-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Team usa was the alpha. I mean seriously look at that lineup. How do you even compete against that?

KyrieTheFuture
01-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Alpha, ether, and exposed need to be banned from the ISH dictionary

Milbuck
01-21-2014, 07:20 PM
http://www.lobshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/anthony-davis-teeth.jpg

OhNoTimNoSho
01-21-2014, 07:33 PM
I didn't follow them that close but who was the one that ate first when they made a kill and had sex with all the bitches?

SamuraiSWISH
01-21-2014, 07:55 PM
had sex with all the bitches?
LeBron got denied, then publically put on blast on Twitter by a Team USA hottie from volleyball trying to ask her to dinner.

Meanwhile Kobe's wife got upset that some hot chicks posted pics of a shirtless Kobe, who probably went balls deep in both. In addition to banging out a hot Australian Olympic athlete.

She got so nervous (even when separated) she came out to the Olympics with the kids to keep an eye on Mamba.

HoopsFanNumero1
01-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Why is there a Celtics fan repping Kobe so hard in this thread? Shit's pathetic. Anyway, it was clearly Lebron. Durant and Melo were tied for second place.

cos88
01-21-2014, 08:37 PM
85% of the idiots on this thread don't even know what alpha or beta really means. :facepalm

Olacinco
01-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Alpha: Anthony davis

Beta: melo

Prometheus
01-21-2014, 11:49 PM
I didn't follow them that close but who was the one that ate first when they made a kill and had sex with all the bitches?

JohnFreeman
01-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Kobe an LeBron