PDA

View Full Version : The reason Durant is such a good ballhandler at 6'11...

russwest0
01-22-2014, 03:44 AM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/kevin_durant_rudy_gay.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Look at how long his arms are.....

BlazerRed
01-22-2014, 03:49 AM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/kevin_durant_rudy_gay.jpg

Stretch Armstrong

SamuraiSWISH
01-22-2014, 03:49 AM
:eek: @ those small feminine shoulders, and odd neck.

CeilingFan#1
01-22-2014, 03:51 AM

Your "reason" makes no sense. Most 6'11 players have long arms, so by that logic, most centers should be the best ball handlers in the league.

Smook A.
01-22-2014, 03:51 AM
He's blessed

Thunderstruck
01-22-2014, 03:59 AM
Your "reason" makes no sense. Most 6'11 players have long arms, so by that logic, most centers should be the best ball handlers in the league.
Most 6'9" guys don't have 7'5" wingspans. Durant is is a freak and his wingspan is part of what makes him so good.

russwest0
01-22-2014, 04:00 AM

Lets say you are 5'11. Imagine having a 6'7 wingspan. With just an average skillset and IQ you would DOMINATE everyone at the gym. Durant's standing reach is what, 9'3? So when he gets up on his jumpshot and fades back it's impossible to contest. Seriously, when is the last time you saw Durant get his shot blocked in a normal scenario?

It's very possible that we are witnessing the most unguardable player ever. We're talking about a 25 year old averaging 31PPG on nearly 50/40/90. It's insane.

SHAQisGOAT
01-22-2014, 04:50 AM
He carries a lot but why wouldn't you do it right now? Use what they give you. With that said, he's a really good ball-handler and his wingspan is just ridiculous.

Oh and he's 6'9 w/o shoes, let's stop with this 6'11 stuff.

imdaman99
01-22-2014, 04:53 AM
Goatbrooks not around so you gonna troll Durant :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
01-22-2014, 04:54 AM
Goatbrooks not around so you gonna troll Durant :oldlol:
Am I wrong doe? He looks so weird. I've always said this.

Cold soul
01-22-2014, 04:55 AM
Durant won the genetic lottery.

SHAQisGOAT
01-22-2014, 05:01 AM
Durant's standing reach is what, 9'3?

Yes. Bird's was 9'1, just to see how crazy that is.

Trollsmasher
01-22-2014, 06:42 AM
This guy is all body and athleticism.

Once his lenght is gone, he is done.

CeilingFan#1
01-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Lets say you are 5'11. Imagine having a 6'7 wingspan. With just an average skillset and IQ you would DOMINATE everyone at the gym. Durant's standing reach is what, 9'3? So when he gets up on his jumpshot and fades back it's impossible to contest. Seriously, when is the last time you saw Durant get his shot blocked in a normal scenario?

It's very possible that we are witnessing the most unguardable player ever. We're talking about a 25 year old averaging 31PPG on nearly 50/40/90. It's insane.

I wasn't contesting that a long wingspan helps a basketball player, I was contesting that having a long wingspan doesn't help ball handling, which was the premise of the thread. You are aware that when people talk about ball handling, they aren't talking about how high a player's release is, right?

MMM
01-22-2014, 06:50 AM
I wasn't contesting that a long wingspan helps a basketball player, I was contesting that having a long wingspan doesn't help ball handling, which was the premise of the thread. You are aware that when people talk about ball handling, they aren't talking about how high a player's release is, right?

dribbling low helps ball handling. If his wingspan was normal he wouldn't be able to dribble as low.

Seems straightforward enough

SexSymbol
01-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Go back to defending MJ's ***** size, weirdo

CeilingFan#1
01-22-2014, 06:55 AM
dribbling low helps ball handling. If his wingspan was normal he wouldn't be able to dribble as low.

Seems straightforward enough

Again, if a long wingspan is the reason he is such a good ball handler, why aren't the players with the longest wingspans the best ball handlers? Durant is probably a good ball handler because of practice and instinct, not because long arms makes people good ball handlers.

VIntageNOvel
01-22-2014, 07:04 AM
damn, is he also blessed down there?

i myself prefer thing down there to nearly reach the floor instead of my arms

East_Stone_Ya
01-22-2014, 07:04 AM
because he practices dribbling maybe?

ralph_i_el
01-22-2014, 07:20 AM
Again, if a long wingspan is the reason he is such a good ball handler, why aren't the players with the longest wingspans the best ball handlers? Durant is probably a good ball handler because of practice and instinct, not because long arms makes people good ball handlers.

his arms are long for his height

CeilingFan#1
01-22-2014, 07:42 AM
his arms are long for his height

Well, then that must explain why all of these guys (who were at the time of being drafted) of equal height or shorter than Durant with longer wingspans are elite ball handlers:

Abdel Kader Sylla
Thomas Bryant
Quincy Davis
John Henson
Kyle O'Quinn
Adjehi Baru
Jeremy Tyler
Souleymane Wane
Martin Iti
Shawn James
Uche Okafor
Elton Brand
Adonal Foyle
Benjamin Eze
Sasha Kaun
Ekene Ibekwe
Bismack Biyombo
Ekene Ibekwe
James Lang
Roy Rogers
Dallas Lauderdale

Obviously having long arms for your height makes you an amazing ball handler.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements.php?year=All&sort2=DESC&draft=&pos=&source=All&sort=5

AintNoSunshine
01-22-2014, 07:55 AM
It really is amazing