View Full Version : "Mirotic would be a Top 6 pick in this draft." - Chad Ford

Shade8780
01-22-2014, 03:49 PM
From his chat today:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/49859

You Bulls fans are very lucky.

Milbuck
01-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Bulls for the past 3 years or so have been anything but lucky.

IncarceratedBob
01-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Chad Ford:

Anthony Davis won't amount to much in the NBA.

Shade8780
01-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Chad Ford:

Link?

Owl
01-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Chad Ford:

Is there a source for this? It's just I put the quote in google but found nothing.

IncarceratedBob
01-22-2014, 03:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/42037/nba-insider-chad-ford

Chicago Brawls
01-22-2014, 03:57 PM
He has Dirk like potential.

Will he put in the work to reach it?

Will the Bulls be patient enough?

alenleomessi
01-22-2014, 04:09 PM
this guy will be 23 next month... he wont even go in the first round.. get real

chips93
01-22-2014, 05:03 PM

:facepalm

he says davis should go first overall, in that link

nightprowler10
01-22-2014, 05:06 PM
He could still decide not to come over unless I'm mistaken.

RightToCensor
01-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Chad Ford loves Marcus Smart, just like I do.

I think he'll be a sleeper to win ROTY.

RightToCensor
01-22-2014, 05:14 PM
http://gyazo.com/1180d36b6f65c27ac0bb5789cb9184e4.png

tragicbronson
01-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Chad Ford loves Marcus Smart, just like I do.

I think he'll be a sleeper to win ROTY.

ROY*

And i doubt it.

R.I.P.
01-22-2014, 05:19 PM
Oh shit. Everything went so well for Mirotic, and out comes Chad Ford and gives him the

http://www.digital-noises.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/seal-of-approval.jpg

You know what that means.

http://www.timberwolvestickets.com/img/articles/Darko.JPG

They said I only make 33.33% of my shots, so when I take three balls: 100%. BAM.

Owl
01-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Chad Ford:

Chad Ford:

Anthony Davis won't amount to much in the NBA.Link?

Chad Ford:

Anthony Davis won't amount to much in the NBA.Is there a source for this? It's just I put the quote in google but found nothing.

he says davis should go first overall, in that link
He says that and

James (San Antonio):What do my Spurs have to do to become truly relevant again?
Chad Ford (1:19 PM) : Win the lottery and get Anthony Davis to replace Tim Duncan. They've been great for so long thanks to Duncan and David Robinson and some very deft drafting ... but without a superstar, it's hard, especially in a small market like San Antonio.
So he refers to him as a Duncan replacement and superstar. But other than that...

Why lie about this?

oarabbus
01-22-2014, 06:16 PM
this guy will be 23 next month... he wont even go in the first round.. get real

:biggums:

The 6' 10" PF with the wet jumper and 3pt range wouldn't go in the first round?

Cool bro.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 10:07 AM
When I asked Chad Ford why Antetokounmpo was not on his top 100 list last year..............

His reply was,

"Who is that? Never heard of him."

This guy is as big of a hack as it gets.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 10:11 AM

Cool bro.

That's real unique, considering every Euroleague team has about 1-2 players like that.

alenleomessi
01-23-2014, 10:15 AM

Cool bro.
sounds like bargnani and about 200 other european big man

tragicbronson
01-23-2014, 10:22 AM

It's really interesting ,why do European big guys shoot so smooth and better overall?

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 11:00 AM

Exactly, WTF was the point of that post?

Kblaze8855
01-23-2014, 11:02 AM

You know he was the #1 pick in his draft right?

tragicbronson
01-23-2014, 11:06 AM

And has become a klown unlike Ginobili who got selected 57th and becomes one of the best international players ever. Dunno what was your point, Bennet was 1st pick and he plays like crap, really :confusedshrug:

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 11:08 AM

The point is that there are literally DOZENS of 6-10 power forwards in Europe with a wet jumper and NBA 3 point range.

DOZENS upon DOZENS upon DOZENS.

If that is what is getting you a first round draft pick, then how come they are not all being drafted?

nathanjizzle
01-23-2014, 11:10 AM
The point is that there are literally DOZENS of 6-10 power forwards in Europe with a wet jumper and NBA 3 point range.

If that is what is getting you a first round draft pick, then how come they are not all being drafted?

pls dont use american basketball slang you hypocrite

Doctor Jay
01-23-2014, 11:28 AM
1. Andrew Wiggins
2. Joel Embiid
3. Jabari Parker
4. Julius Randle
5.-6. Smart/Exum
7. Rodney Hood
8. Jordan Harrison
9.-10. Mirotic/Clarkson

So not really, I adore his jumper and the off-ball movement, great team defender too, but this draft class is as sick as syphilis. And don't forget about Saric...

If Mirotic will develope the right way and rose won't be a total scrub when he comes back the bulls are a contender for years to come:

Rose
Butler
Mirotic
Boozer (or waive his ass, use Mirotic as a power forward and get melo = lights out)
Noah

D-FENS
01-23-2014, 11:36 AM

Mirotic is a killer though. He has clearly separated himself from the field of tall white guys that shoot 3's.

GOBB
01-23-2014, 11:51 AM
If Noel was in this draft he would go before pick 1 :eek:

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 12:06 PM
pls dont use american basketball slang you hypocrite

I was quoting what he said genius.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 12:09 PM
1. Andrew Wiggins
2. Joel Embiid
3. Jabari Parker
4. Julius Randle
5.-6. Smart/Exum
7. Rodney Hood
8. Jordan Harrison
9.-10. Mirotic/Clarkson

So not really, I adore his jumper and the off-ball movement, great team defender too, but this draft class is as sick as syphilis. And don't forget about Saric...

If Mirotic will develope the right way and rose won't be a total scrub when he comes back the bulls are a contender for years to come:

Rose
Butler
Mirotic
Boozer (or waive his ass, use Mirotic as a power forward and get melo = lights out)
Noah

There is no way in hell that Mirotic can play small forward.

Upgrayedd
01-23-2014, 12:39 PM
This offseason:

Draft well and build the bench up again

Bring Mirotic over

Sign Melo

Get Rose healthy

Rose
Melo
Noah
Butler
Mirotic
Taj
Hinrich
Augustin
Dunleavy
Snell

That's an awesome roster right there. Just draft or trade for or sign another Center and another Shooting Guard.

Doctor Jay
01-23-2014, 01:16 PM
There is no way in hell that Mirotic can play small forward.

Nicola Mirotic is a power forward with the speed of a small forward. The Montenegran has a soft touch and relies on smooth technique to get by defenders. Mirotic is very versatile in the paint and very fast running the floor.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1193041483332/1330008775386/jugador/Jugador/Mirotic.htm

He played the 3 multiple times in the last few years (*insertexamplehere), is a willing passer and got some technique. You can't sweat this. I'm not into picking up fights on the internet but I've been reading this site a long time and most of the times I'm offended by your stupidity.

Of course it would be way better to sign some franchise SF like Melo and let him play PF, gives you awesome range and a overall above average starting 5.

Rose
Melo
Noah
Butler
Mirotic
Taj
Hinrich
Augustin
Dunleavy
Snell

That's an awesome roster right there. Just draft or trade for or sign another Center and another Shooting Guard.

Imagine the bulls not making the post season and hit the lottery hard - Jabari would initiate another threepeat within two or three years.

D-FENS
01-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Nicola Mirotic is a power forward with the speed of a small forward. The Montenegran has a soft touch and relies on smooth technique to get by defenders. Mirotic is very versatile in the paint and very fast running the floor.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1193041483332/1330008775386/jugador/Jugador/Mirotic.htm

He played the 3 multiple times in the last few years (*insertexamplehere), is a willing passer and got some technique. You can't sweat this. I'm not into picking up fights on the internet but I've been reading this site a long time and most of the times I'm offended by your stupidity.

Of course it would be way better to sign some franchise SF like Melo and let him play PF, gives you awesome range and a overall above average starting 5.

Imagine the bulls not making the post season and hit the lottery hard - Jabari would initiate another threepeat within two or three years.

You're wrong bro. Mirotic can't play SF

Doctor Jay
01-23-2014, 01:18 PM
You're wrong bro. Mirotic can't play SF

just because he isn't frequently used as a small forward he got all the tools to be a good 3 on a big line up for some minutes...

Fiba basketball
01-23-2014, 01:19 PM

:lol :lol :lol

He isn't much faster than average EL PF

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 01:19 PM
This offseason:

Bring Mirotic over

Sign Melo

Get Rose healthy

Rose
Melo
Noah
Butler
Mirotic
Taj
Hinrich
Augustin
Dunleavy
Snell

You don't have the cap space for Melo.

BTW.. is Mirotic a lock to come over this summer?

Don't forget you have to pay him using cap space or the MLE.
I'm assuming he's going to want about $5m a year since he makes roughly that in Europe and has to pay for his buyout.

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Meanwhile, I like the fact that the 2nd best European prospect owned by an NBA team, Bogdanovic is owned by the Nets. I've heard some same he would be a lotto pick in most drafts (not sure about this one)

Doctor Jay
01-23-2014, 01:30 PM
:lol :lol :lol

He isn't much faster than average EL PF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d6Ap0J0atU
0:35

Hell if Dirk was playing the small forward for some short period of time Miro can for sure - anyway I am wondering who the bulls could pick up for the 3 in FA if Melo would bust their cap space.

Fiba basketball
01-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Meanwhile, I like the fact that the 2nd best European prospect owned by an NBA team, Bogdanovic is owned by the Nets. I've heard some same he would be a lotto pick in most drafts (not sure about this one)

Bogdanovic is better player than Mirotic and I think his game could translate to NBA better.

Fiba basketball
01-23-2014, 01:36 PM

Hell if Dirk was playing the small forward for some short period of time Miro can for sure - anyway I am wondering who the bulls could pick up for the 3 in FA if Melo would bust their cap space.

As I said faster than average PF but nothing more, he isn't close to being one of fastest pfs in Europe .

Doctor Jay
01-23-2014, 01:40 PM
As I said faster than average PF but nothing more, he isn't close to being one of fastest pfs in Europe .

of course the from the official homepage is overhyping his speed abilities but no matter what he is able to play small forward if needed.

I would like to see Danny Granger or Paul Pierce for one last run on this position.

Fiba basketball
01-23-2014, 01:48 PM
of course the from the official homepage is overhyping his speed abilities but no matter what he is able to play small forward if needed.

I would like to see Danny Granger or Paul Pierce for one last run on this position.

On offense yes but he would get destroyed on defense. He is bad defender as it is and if you asked him to guard someone that much faster than him it would be a disaster.

He could be a good fit for Bulls because he can space the floor for Rose but Mirotic isn't that good at creating for himself and depends on his teammates a lot and Rose isn't a pass first player so that would be a big problem for Mirotic.

poido123
01-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Bulls for the past 3 years or so have been anything but lucky.

Damn right.

Mirotic will certainly heal us a little bit though. Hopefully we can do something in the offseason with trades and draft picks.

Eric Cartman
01-23-2014, 01:57 PM
You know who was a top 6 pick in the superstacked 2003 draft?

Darko Milicic AND Chris Kaman

hawksdogsbraves
01-23-2014, 02:03 PM
There's some interesting stuff in that Q&A

Brad (Gadsden,Alabama)

Chad, Who is going to be the most underated player in the draft?
Chad Ford (1:41 PM)

Might be Weber State's Damian Lillard.

Brandon (Detroit)

Would you rather have John Wall or Ricky Rubio as your PG of the future
Chad Ford (1:14 PM)

Right now? Rubio, no question. But I'm not writing off Wall. He has the ability to be a superstar in the NBA. He's in a terrible culture on a terrible team right now. Hopefully that won't permanently stunt his growth. But Wall's superior athletic abilities could allow him to be a transcendent player if he gets it.

Maniac Maciej (Chicago, IL)

Westbrook for Rubio!
Chad Ford (1:13 PM)

Wolves aren't giving up Rubio for ANYONE right now. He's made Wolves fans believe that this 3-7 Wolves team are the Miami Heat.

Damn he was high on Rubio :oldlol:

D-FENS
01-23-2014, 02:08 PM
just because he isn't frequently used as a small forward he got all the tools to be a good 3 on a big line up for some minutes...

Trying to change a player's position at this stage of their career is stupid. He's not a small forward, and you just admitted, although begrudgingly.

33teeth
01-23-2014, 02:53 PM
When I asked Chad Ford why Antetokounmpo was not on his top 100 list last year..............

His reply was,

"Who is that? Never heard of him."

This guy is as big of a hack as it gets.

But just yesterday or the day before you were carrying on about how irrelevant Antetokounmpo is... that he'd be like 3rd string for the horrible Greek national team. Right? So if you think he's that bad (I don't) then why should you think that Chad Ford should know or care?

Is it because you're a lying troll?

SpanishACB
01-23-2014, 03:24 PM
his 2013 draft video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaHc9Vp9wU

bulls fans should be excited IMO, it's a free lottery pick in most years

chips93
01-23-2014, 03:31 PM

bargnani was younger, and far less proven than mirotic is

D-FENS
01-23-2014, 03:34 PM
But just yesterday or the day before you were carrying on about how irrelevant Antetokounmpo is... that he'd be like 3rd string for the horrible Greek national team. Right? So if you think he's that bad (I don't) then why should you think that Chad Ford should know or care?

No Euro playing in the NBA will ever be as good as Euros playing in Euroleague according to Euroleague (the poster)

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 04:37 PM

Whatever. I have been watching Mirotic play in Europe for several years, and I can tell you, he is absolutely NOT playing at SF in any league.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 04:44 PM

Bogdanovic is a really good player. However, if he isn't making his 3 point attempts, he's a bit useless.

He's severely overrated by the NBA and US sports media, as seems to be the standard these days that any NBA draft pick owned by some NBA team must be "the greatest thing ever seen in Europe".

He is a very good player. But if his 3 point shot isn't falling, he's almost useless.

He's being touted as this incredible scoring machine in Europe in every single US sports media or NBA scouting report write up on him..........it's all complete bullshit.

He is an absolute light outs shooter with ridiculous range. And he has an all around skill set and is a good all around offensive player.

BUT.........his entire scoring ability comes from hitting 3 pointers. If he does not make those, that's it. That's all he does basically. He's not half as good as anything said about him in the US.

He is better than Mirotic though, at least at the current time. Of course Mirotic is more hyped by NBA because of the usual NBA reasoning - younger, taller, etc.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 04:46 PM

Mirotic is closer to a CENTER, than he is a small forward.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Bogdanovic is better player than Mirotic and I think his game could translate to NBA better.

Bogdanovic is better right now. Hard to say who will be better in a few years. Mirotic is still very young for a big man. It usually takes guys that are his size longer to fully develop.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 04:49 PM

What the hell? I have been watching this guy play almost every game in Euroleague for like the last 3 years. He's barely even fast enough to defend power forwards in Euroleague on the perimeter and he's YOUNG.

You want to make him a wing? Are you serious? WTF?

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 04:52 PM

Ignore list.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 04:56 PM
his 2013 draft video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaHc9Vp9wU

bulls fans should be excited IMO, it's a free lottery pick in most years

Mirotic is a very good player, but Draftexpress is super overrating him. It's almost absurd. It's into Ricky Rubio level. The way they said Rubio was the new Pete Maravich, the new Steve Nash........

That's how absurd some of this nonsense with Mirotic sounds.

He is indeed a very good player, especially considering his age. But seriously, this nonsense is just absurdly exaggerated and over the top. It's laughable really.

They make him sound like he's some kind of all time greatest player and talent to ever come out of Europe, like one of the best players of the last 20 years from Europe, like the best player in Europe by far over the last 3-4 years, etc.

All the same completely absurd bullshit they said about Rubio. And every American NBA only fan clown just eats it up over and over like a bunch of brain dead morons.

Mirotic is not 1/3 as good as Draftexpress is making him out to be.

I mean good god, everywhere in US sports media and NBA media he is called "the next Dirk"......and it all starts with this crap that Draftexpress creates, which is all hype marketing and gimmicks and games.

Mirotic.......like 85% of his freaking offense is created for him. He basically mostly stands there and catches the ball and shoots an open 3 pointer or layup, and that's pretty much it.

They make it sound like he's one of the greatest players Europe has ever seen. It's just unbelievable the shit that comes out of that site. You would think after they got exposed so badly with Rubio that people would stop believing their con games.........but nope, here we go again.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 05:00 PM
No Euro playing in the NBA will ever be as good as Euros playing in Euroleague according to Euroleague (the poster)

Ignore list. And Antetokounmpo never played in Euroleague. He played in Greece's 2nd tier league.

Fiba basketball
01-23-2014, 05:02 PM
Bogdanovic is a really good player. However, if he isn't making his 3 point attempts, he's a bit useless.

He's severely overrated by the NBA and US sports media, as seems to be the standard these days that any NBA draft pick owned by some NBA team must be "the greatest thing ever seen in Europe".

He is a very good player. But if his 3 point shot isn't falling, he's almost useless.

He's being touted as this incredibly scoring machine in Europe in every single US sports media or NBA scouting report write up on him..........it's all complete bullshit.

He is an absolute light outs shooter with ridiculous range. And he has an all around skill set and is a good all around offensive player.

BUT.........his entire scoring ability comes from hitting 3 pointers. If does not make those, that's it. That's all he does basically. He's not half as good as anything said about him in the US.

He is better than Mirotic though, at least at the current time. Of course Mirotic is more hyped by NBA because of the usual NBA reasoning - younger, taller, etc.

:wtf:

He has best post moves of all European guards, he is also capable of driving to the basket especially after a fake.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 05:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/u5szo7h.png

WTF :facepalm

The Draftexpress employee suddenly appears as soon as someone says Mirotic isn't the best player in the history of Europe.............shocking.

Now watch, all these posts will suddenly disappear.

oarabbus
01-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Can someone unbiased (so anyone besides Euroleague who will go to any lengths to say how the NBA sucks) please tell me how Mirotic would compare IN THE NBA GAME to players like:

Steve Novak
Mirza Teletovic
Ryan Anderson
Omri Casspi

Thanks.

outbreak
01-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Mirotic is a very good player, but Draftexpress is super overrating him. It's almost absurd. It's into Ricky Rubio level. The way they said Rubio was the new Pete Maravich, the new Steve Nash........

The pete maravich comparison was about HOW he passes and it's a fair comparison if you ever saw the stylish passes pete was bring into the game.

Mirotic isn't a 3 though, Bulls GM even said in an espn interview awhile back about how he can't see him playing much small forward. Same interview were Z-Bo talked about how he reminds him of Dirk after playing in some comp against him iirc. May see him do it in some match ups and rotations but it doesn't look like he will be a real 3 ever.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 05:14 PM
:wtf:

He has best post moves of all European guards, he is also capable of driving to the basket especially after a fake.

I said he has good all around skill set. So what? So did Reggie Miller. fact is all he does is stand behind the 3 point line and chuck.

Fact is, if he makes his 3 pointers, he's lethal, if he does not, he's basically useless. Because that's basically all he does - shoot 3s, and because he's one of those players that uses his 3 point shot t open up every single scoring aspect of his game.

If you simply don't leave him open, even from 8 meters, you will shut him down basically. He's a really good player and one of my favorite Euroleague players, but get serious, he's definitely NOT as good as the media hypes him up to be.

If he is hitting that outside shot, well then he's just downright scary as hell. But the thing is that teams are only going to leave him open for so long. Once teams scout him enough and figure out not to leave him open........he becomes a guy that just stands there launching crazy threes and then that does not really use the rest of his game.

His 3 point shot opens up the rest of his game. And his post game works mainly against guards, not against forwards. And he's really more of a forward in truth. Defensively, he can't guard anyone at the two, so if you use him to post two guards, great, but then on defense he can't guard anyone either.

He's a really good player, he's better than Mirotic in the current time - he's also about half as good as any media article or scouting report from the NBA or US I've ever seen written about him. That's just the truth.

And notice when you mentioned post moves, you said "guards".......he's really not a guard. He's actually a small forward. As I explained, if you play him as a shooting guard, he is horrible on defense. And yes, he posts up guards well, but not so much against forwards usually. Defensively, he can't really survive very long in a truly serious team playing as a guard.

outbreak
01-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Can someone unbiased (so anyone besides Euroleague who will go to any lengths to say how the NBA sucks) please tell me how Mirotic would compare IN THE NBA GAME to players like:

Steve Novak
Mirza Teletovic
Ryan Anderson
Omri Casspi

Thanks.

I'm not the best to comment as I've only seen highlights but I would have said a less athletic Rashard Lewis maybe. It's hard to tell when comparing players who haven't played in the NBA style league

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 05:20 PM
The pete maravich comparison was about HOW he passes and it's a fair comparison if you ever saw the stylish passes pete was bring into the game.

Mirotic isn't a 3 though, Bulls GM even said in an espn interview awhile back about how he can't see him playing much small forward. Same interview were Z-Bo talked about how he reminds him of Dirk after playing in some comp against him iirc. May see him do it in some match ups and rotations but it doesn't look like he will be a real 3 ever.

Anyone that compared Rubio, one of the worst scorers in history, to Maravich, one of the best scorers in history, and then proclaimed Rubio to be, "the next Pete Maravich", as they did..........should automatically be disqualified. But nope, people still consider them "experts".

How ridiculous can this be? Maravich was one of the most explosive scorers that ever played the game. He was the absolute definition of scoring machine. Dude was one of the most unstoppable scorers of all history.

Rubio...........he can barely score being left wide open the whole game. Yet they called him, "the next Pete Maravich".

Yeah, lots of credibility for that site. Excuse me, but only totally brain dead NBA only fans believe a word of what that site claims.

Fiba basketball
01-23-2014, 05:20 PM

Steve Novak
Mirza Teletovic
Ryan Anderson
Omri Casspi

Thanks.

Well since of all the guys that you named I watched Teletovic the most I will compare Mirotic with him.

Teletovic is better shooter while Mirotic is more consistant shooter, Teletovic is much better at creating for himself ( which isn't that hard since Mirotic isn't at all good at it ) but I don't think that is a problem because this means Mirotic doesn't need ball in his hands so it should be easier for him to translate to NBA than it was for Teletovic.

As for other parts of their game Mirotic has better posts moves but is less athletic and they are both similair defenders and rebounds .

All in all Teletovic is a better player but Mirotic will have easier time to find a role for himself in NBA and could still improve ( but I don't think he will ).

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 05:21 PM

He's being touted as this incredible scoring machine in Europe in every single US sports media or NBA scouting report write up on him..........it's all complete bullshit.

BUT.........his entire scoring ability comes from hitting 3 pointers. If he does not make those, that's it. That's all he does basically. He's not half as good as anything said about him in the US.

He's good at getting to the line, which implies he's attacking the basket.
Also,1/3 of his shots attempts are 3 pointers which is not an insane amount.

oarabbus
01-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the input. Let me ask you one more thing, do you think Teletovic is being used to his NBA potential? What I mean is, do you think this Nets team would be better with him having a larger role (is Teletovic being under-utilized?)

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 05:26 PM

Steve Novak
Mirza Teletovic
Ryan Anderson
Omri Casspi

Thanks.

Mirotic is a much better player than Novak. Novak is a way, way better shooter though. All Novak does really is shoot. Mirotic can do numerous things and isn't one dimensional like Novak is.

Mirotic is a much better player than Casspi. Why the hell are you even asking? Casspi is not even similar. Casspi is an energy and hustle role player.

Mirotic is similar to Ryan Anderson probably. Bigger than Anderson. Less athletic than Anderson. More skilled than Anderson in offense all around, with ball handling, all around moves, post game, etc. Anderson is a better shooter.

Mirotic to Teletovic..............sorry, but Teletovic is a way better and more talented player. Not even freaking close. Teletovic is a much much better shooter, with way more range, is much much more athletic, is much better in the post, is a much better scorer, etc.

The difference is that Mirotic is a team and system player, and will fit into any team, system, and scheme, while Teletovic is the most selfish and stupidest player in history probably.

Teletovic of course can never reach his potential, due to being the biggest idiot and most selfish player in every league he has ever played in.

But without any doubt, as a player individually, he his much more talented and better than Mirotic is. Not even close.

Fiba basketball
01-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the input. Let me ask you one more thing, do you think Teletovic is being used to his NBA potential? What I mean is, do you think this Nets team would be better with him having a larger role (is Teletovic being under-utilized?)

Teletovic could have much bigger role but it would be a huge risk because he isn't consistant. If you give him the ball he could score 40pts in one game and 5 in another while taking 1/15 for 3 or something like that. The way he is used now will never let him help his team as much as he can but it will also stop him for hurting the team.

If I were I coach I would risk it and give him the ball but I would also want a good backup at his position just to be safe and since Nets have that I don't see any reason why he shouldn't get bigger role.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 05:34 PM
He's good at getting to the line, which implies he's attacking the basket.
Also,1/3 of his shots attempts are 3 pointers which is not an insane amount.

Like I said...IF his 3 point shot falls, he becomes lethal. He uses that to open up his drives. He's a decent ball handler and driver, finisher.

But, he does that almost solely and almost exclusively only when the defense is glued to him at the 3 point line. The defense stays on him at the 3 point line, he hits 3s, then he can drive.

If they back off, he can move back further and hit 3s.

When he misses his outside shot......he does nothing. He simply misses his outside shot, and does nothing other than take long distance 3s and miss them.

Which means, he will become a basic spot up, spread the floor, catch and shoot 3 point shooter, playing off the ball. The problem with this is that he's a better shooter off the dribble than he is off the catch and shoot, and this is not a suitable role for him. So it accentuates the problem.

He's a very good player, and like many, many Euroleague players he would be doing good in the NBA with no problem at all if he just got a fair chance from his coach. But just don't take anything said in US about him as being realistic.

His scoring can be just huge if his outside shot is falling, or he can be shut down almost completely. His scoring is really streaky and up and down and unreliable because of that. He's like a guy that could get super hot for 4-5 games, then super cold for 4-5 games.

He's not a chucker. The 3 point shots really are just what he uses to open his whole game up. But like I am saying it's also his weakness, because he actually can't open up his other offense hardly at all unless his 3s are falling. He's a guy that can give you huge scoring numbers, without so much as being a natural true scorer. Like a Peja type of scorer if that makes sense.

oarabbus
01-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Mirotic is a much better player than Novak. Novak is a way, way better shooter though. All Novak does really is shoot. Mirotic can do numerous things and isn't one dimensional like Novak is.

Mirotic is a much better player than Casspi. Why the hell are you even asking? Casspi is not even similar. Casspi is an energy and hustle role player.

Mirotic is similar to Ryan Anderson probably. Bigger than Anderson. Less athletic than Anderson. More skilled than Anderson in offense all around, with ball handling, all around moves, post game, etc. Anderson is a better shooter.

Mirotic to Teletovic..............sorry, but Teletovic is a way better and more talented player. Not even freaking close. Teletovic is a much much better shooter, with way more range, is much much more athletic, is much better in the post, is a much better scorer, etc.

The difference is that Mirotic is a team and system player, and will fit into any team, system, and scheme, while Teletovic is the most selfish and stupidest player in history probably.

Teletovic of course can never reach his potential, due to being the biggest idiot and most selfish player in every league he has ever played in.

But without any doubt, as a player individually, he his much more talented and better than Mirotic is. Not even close.

:cheers:

Thanks, that was actually a very good response. I know Casspi is different than the others but he's an SF/PF who can shoot 3 and get to the rim, which I'd heard is like Mirotic. I know he is least similar to Casspi though, thanks now I have a better understanding of who Mirotic is.

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Like I said...IF his 3 point shot falls, he becomes lethal. He uses that to open up his drives. He's a decent ball handler and driver, finisher.

But, he does that almost solely and almost exclusively only when the defense is glued to him at the 3 point line. The defense stays on him at the 3 point line, he hits 3s, then he can drive.

If they back off, he can move back further and hit 3s.

When he misses his outside shot......he does nothing. He simply misses his outside shot, and does nothing other than take long distance 3s and miss them.

Which means, he will become a basic spot up, spread the floor, catch and shoot 3 point shooter, playing off the ball. The problem with this is that he's a better shooter off the dribble than he is off the catch and shoot, and this is not a suitable role for him. So it accentuates the problem.

He's a very good player, and like many, many Euroleague players he would be doing good in the NBA with no problem at all if he just got a fair chance from his coach. But just don't take anything said in US about him as being realistic.

His scoring can be just huge if his outside shot is falling, or he can be shut down almost completely. His scoring is really streaky and up and down and unreliable because of that. He's like a guy that could get super hot for 4-5 games, then super cold for 4-5 games.
Is he going to add anything in the way of rebounding, passing or defense?
Nets have likened him to a cross between Peja and Delfino which implies a well rounded game.

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Teletovic could have much bigger role but it would be a huge risk because he isn't consistant. If you give him the ball he could score 40pts in one game and 5 in another while taking 1/15 for 3 or something like that. The way he is used now will never let him help his team as much as he can but it will also stop him for hurting the team.

If I were I coach I would risk it and give him the ball but I would also want a good backup at his position just to be safe and since Nets have that I don't see any reason why he shouldn't get bigger role.
Kidd is using him perfectly right now. (big reason why PJ and Avery were fired.. not developing the young guys, specifically Mirza who Avery said would never be an NBA player and PJ refused to play)

20-25 minutes night, next to AK at SF and Blatche at C.
It masks his sub par rebounding and D (both of which are not crippling, but not good either)

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 05:43 PM

Teletovic has a brain the size of a pea. He is a lost cause. The waste of a huge basketball talent in his body.

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 05:50 PM
Teletovic has a brain the size of a pea. He is a lost cause. The waste of a huge basketball talent in his body.
He's been a major contributor for the Nets during their turnaround.
Solid 20-25 minute rotation player hitting his shots and improving the team with his play.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Is he going to add anything in the way of rebounding, passing or defense?
Nets have likened him to a cross between Peja and Delfino which implies a well rounded game.

Well, he's more like smaller Peja with mobility. Delfino? I don't see Delfino. Other than how Delfino would play small forward, shoot a lot of 3s and take some from ridiculous distance........

I don't see Delfino at all.

He has skills on offense, and he's a big wing, so yeah he can rebound, when he isn't standing 25 to 30 feet from the basket. His defense is terrible if you play him as a guard. He has to play as a 3, regardless of what Fiba might have implied, otherwise he just gets blown up on D.

His defense as a 3 is what I would call barely passable for someone that can score like he can. His defense is at best case scenario just adequate.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 05:55 PM
He's been a major contributor for the Nets during their turnaround.
Solid 20-25 minute rotation player hitting his shots and improving the team with his play.

What is your point?

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 06:07 PM
What is your point?
That he is not a lost cause for the Nets.
He's providing petty much they need and hoped from him.

Brain size of a pea I don't get either as he seems to have a rather good basketball IQ.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 06:45 PM
That he is not a lost cause for the Nets.
He's providing petty much they need and hoped from him.

Brain size of a pea I don't get either as he seems to have a rather good basketball IQ.

Teletovic is the dumbest and most selfish player I have ever seen. Challenging for second is Alan Anderson.

Congrats.

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Teletovic is the dumbest and most selfish player I have ever seen. Challenging for second is Alan Anderson.

Congrats.
Really?
Someone that dumb and selfish you considered to be one of the two best power forwards in Europe. That says a lot about Europe I guess.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Really?
Someone that dumb and selfish you considered to be one of the two best power forwards in Europe. That says a lot about Europe I guess.

Your posts say a lot about your intelligence and ignorance. Ignore list. Even after going in depth and in detail to explain things to you, you still act like an ignorant, arrogant, idiotic, douche bag.

IGNORE.

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Yes, he is very good. He's probably one of the top 2 power forwards in Europe
Euroleague
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267455

He is a 3 point shooter off the dribble, or off a catch, but better off the dribble. He also plays in the low post. He has a really nice vertical and can attack the rim, so he will look to do so if he gets a chance.

But he does not really create his own shot, nor for other players.

He plays something like Dirk, with less offensive diversity, shot creation, but with more range and he is more athletic. But shorter, so he isn't shooting over people really. Instead he just shoots so far away that they can't guard him, or he uses a nice step back move and creates separation to get the jump shot off.

Sad that one of the dumbest and most selfish players could be a top 2 player in Europe according to you.

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Does Euroleague always contradict himself this much guys?

Or is he saying that despite being as dumb and selfish as Teletovic is, he was still the 2nd best PF in Europe? Sad state of affairs over there..

robert de niro
01-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Yes, he is very good. He's probably one of the top 2 power forwards in Europe Euroleague

Sad that one of the dumbest and most selfish players could be a top 2 player in Europe according to you.

shiiiit that ether :roll:

oarabbus
01-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Does Euroleague always contradict himself this much guys?

Or is he saying that despite being as dumb and selfish as Teletovic is, he was still the 2nd best PF in Europe? Sad state of affairs over there..

Yes, he does. Always. And if you bring up Nigeria he will abandon thread.

AirTupac
01-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Lmao Teletovic was one of the best players in the Euroleague and the Eurobasket. This guy is a solid contributer for Nets. Euroleague doesn't even know his own league. I think he's the one with the brain size of sand grain.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 07:26 PM
shiiiit that ether :roll:

The only ether is the clown claiming that Teletovic and even Alan Anderson are not the two biggest dumb ass players imaginable.

He either has never once in his entire life seen either of them play, or he is trolling, or he's the biggest dumb ass in the history of this forum.

Either way, he's earned an ignore.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Lmao Teletovic was one of the best players in the Euroleague and the Eurobasket. This guy is a solid contributer for Nets. Euroleague doesn't even know his own league. I think he's the one with the brain size of sand grain.

Lay off the drugs.

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 07:28 PM
The only ether is the clown claiming that Mirotic and even Alan Anderson are not the two biggest dumb ass players imaginable.

He either has never once in his entire life seen either of them play, or he is trolling, or he's the biggest dumb ass in the history of this forum.

Either way, he's earned an ignore.
Mirotic?
We were talking Teletovic

BTW.. I never said anything about Alan Anderson.. you brought him up.
Nice try, moron.

Wow, people actually converse with this guy and he thinks he knows about basketball?

Probably the worst poster in the entire internet.
Must be a gimmick account.
No one could be this useless.

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 07:29 PM

Lay off the drugs.
And yet you yourself said he was one of the two best power forwards in Europe.

:roll:

"Yes, he is very good. He's probably one of the top 2 power forwards in Europe."

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 07:41 PM
And yet you yourself said he was one of the two best power forwards in Europe.

"Yes, he is very good. He's probably one of the top 2 power forwards in Europe."

WTF does that have to do with him being incredibly selfish and unbelievably stupid?

You are freaking retarded.

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 07:44 PM
WTF does that have to do with him being incredibly selfish and unbelievably stupid?

You are freaking retarded.
The fact that someone can be incredibly stupid and selfish and still be the 2nd best PF in Europe says a lot about Europe.

Low-IQ, selfish players are among the best there is what you are saying.

Sad.

BTW.. I thought I was on ignore.

So you lie too?

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 07:53 PM
The fact that someone can be incredibly stupid and selfish and still be the 2nd best PF in Europe says a lot about Europe.

Low-IQ, selfish players are among the best there is what you are saying.

Sad.

BTW.. I thought I was on ignore.

So you lie too?

He was the 1st or 2nd best PF in Europe.

He also probably would only get playing time for about 2-3 coaches in the whole entire Euroleague.

If he was used in the same role he had on Baskonia in the NBA, he would be putting up HUGE numbers, HUGE numbers in the NBA.

This guy could get 40 points in an NBA game easily in a lead role.

But, no sane coach is ever going to use him that way, because he's unbelievable SELFISH as a player. That's why the Nets don't use him that way. That's why he sat benched for so freaking long until he stopped to play just like that.

It's why he only gets to do nothing more than take some open 3s and that's it, then back to the bench.

And yes genius, only probably 2-3 coaches in Euroleague would have even tolerated him on their team with his selfish play.

But if he is on your team, you let him loose, you don't hold him back. It's all or nothing. You either turn loose the most selfish chucker ever seen and watch him do his thing, or you don;t have him on your team.

The Nets are STUPID. You don't just have him on the team to do nothing but shoot some open 3s then go back to the bench.

His coach in Euroleague was one of, hell, maybe the only coach in Euroleague, who knows, that was willing to let him do whatever the **** he wanted. They never had a good team, never did jack shit... but he could play as selfish as he wanted, and he could score points like nothing you could imagine.

You obviously are retarded. I'm not wasting my time on you, because in addition to being retarded, you are also extremely rude, arrogant, ignorant, condescending, patronizing, and such.

You are a real POS.

I put you as the dumbest person in this forum officially.

tragicbronson
01-23-2014, 08:04 PM
I remember when Alan Anderson was playing for Cibona Zagreb and many people said that he was maybe the best american player in the Europe at that moment. I saw him as a really really talented player and scorer, when they played against Partizan Belgrade he was guarded by Vesely and Anderson scored at will, i don't know why you criticize him so much, there are many dumb players but i don't think Alan Anderson is the one

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 08:08 PM
I remember when Alan Anderson was playing for Cibona Zagreb and many people said that he was maybe the best american player in the Europe at that moment. I saw him as a really really talented player and scorer, when they played against Partizan Belgrade he was guarded by Vesely and Anderson scored at will, i don't know why you criticize him so much, there are many dumb players but i don't think Alan Anderson is the one

Anderson is as dumb as a rock. And Vesely has never been a good one to one wing defender. He's a good one to one defender on bigs, in pick and roll, and a good team defender from the wing.

One to one he can't guard anyone on the wing. So I am not sure what your point there is. And like I said, Anderson isn't a bad player, or anything at all.

He's just stupid as hell and a ridiculous chucker.

And let's get one thing straight, he was never at any time even remotely close to being the best American player in Europe. Not even remotely close.

Are you telling me he was better than what? Langdon, Batiste, Pete Mickeal and guys like that or what? Please don't make laugh.

He plays the same position as Pete Mickeal, and he's not even HALF as good as Pete Mickeal is.

ssginc
01-23-2014, 08:19 PM
The Bulls are still in good shape for the future, with a core of Rose, Noah, Gibson, Butler, Snell, Mirotic, a ton of draft picks, and about $12 mil in cap space once they amnesty Boozer in the offseason.

Bosnian Sajo
01-23-2014, 08:20 PM

Congrats.

Teletovic>VSpan

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 09:12 PM
He was the 1st or 2nd best PF in Europe.

He also probably would only get playing time for about 2-3 coaches in the whole entire Euroleague.

If he was used in the same role he had on Baskonia in the NBA, he would be putting up HUGE numbers, HUGE numbers in the NBA.

This guy could get 40 points in an NBA game easily in a lead role.

But, no sane coach is ever going to use him that way, because he's unbelievable SELFISH as a player. That's why the Nets don't use him that way. That's why he sat benched for so freaking long until he stopped to play just like that.

It's why he only gets to do nothing more than take some open 3s and that's it, then back to the bench.

And yes genius, only probably 2-3 coaches in Euroleague would have even tolerated him on their team with his selfish play.

But if he is on your team, you let him loose, you don't hold him back. It's all or nothing. You either turn loose the most selfish chucker ever seen and watch him do his thing, or you don;t have him on your team.

The Nets are STUPID. You don't just have him on the team to do nothing but shoot some open 3s then go back to the bench.

His coach in Euroleague was one of, hell, maybe the only coach in Euroleague, who knows, that was willing to let him do whatever the **** he wanted. They never had a good team, never did jack shit... but he could play as selfish as he wanted, and he could score points like nothing you could imagine.

You obviously are retarded. I'm not wasting my time on you, because in addition to being retarded, you are also extremely rude, arrogant, ignorant, condescending, patronizing, and such.

You are a real POS.

I put you as the dumbest person in this forum officially.
So to confirm...

In Europe you can be the dumbest and most selfish player in the league and still be the second best PF.

Gotcha.
That's sad.

I thought the top players would practice smart, selfless play.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 09:15 PM
So to confirm...

In Europe you can be the dumbest and most selfish player in the league and still be the second best PF.

Gotcha.
That's sad.

I thought the top players would practice smart, selfless play.

So to confirm, in the NBA you can have two of the dumbest players in history on the same team and in the rotation, and be challenging for the #3 seed in the playoffs............

GOBB
01-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Do you like any damn euro prospects? All I see is you bashing them. Reminds me of Hotlanta, Hawks fans who hates the Hawks.

97 bulls
01-23-2014, 09:47 PM
This offseason:

Bring Mirotic over

Sign Melo

Get Rose healthy

Rose
Melo
Noah
Butler
Mirotic
Taj
Hinrich
Augustin
Dunleavy
Snell

Wow. That would be amazing

ChuckOakley
01-23-2014, 10:00 PM
So to confirm, in the NBA you can have two of the dumbest players in history on the same team and in the rotation, and be challenging for the #3 seed in the playoffs............
And he is no where near a top 2 PF.

AirTupac
01-23-2014, 11:05 PM
Lmao did this moron even watch the Euroleague or Eurobasket? Teletovic always killed it. Especially these past Eurobaskets.

Seriously Teletovic > Greece's best player ever VSpan. He's already had a more successful NBA season than Vshit