PDA

View Full Version : Who would be the best player on your team...

scm5
01-22-2014, 05:10 PM
that you would trade for the #1 pick in this year's draft?

I'm a Laker fan, and I would pretty much trade anyone on the team including Kobe for the pick. I wish I had a more interesting answer, I'm expecting more interesting answers from teams with really good young players.

AboutBuckets
01-22-2014, 05:14 PM
If we could trade Thad Young for the guaranteed #1 pick and we keep our existing draft pick and NO's 1st round pick I think it would literally take someone who was in a vegetative state not to do that. Sixers baby.

tragicbronson
01-22-2014, 05:19 PM
Kawhi

Black and White
01-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Anyone except Rondo

Xiao Yao You
01-22-2014, 05:22 PM
anyone

Myth
01-22-2014, 05:24 PM
I'd consider trading Lillard.

scm5
01-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Anyone except Rondo

Wow, you really wouldn't trade a 27 year old Rondo that just came off an ACL injury on a rebuilding team for the #1 pick in one of the deeper recent drafts?

scm5
01-22-2014, 05:26 PM
I'd consider trading Lillard.

Wow really?

Lillard has been amazing and Portland is already a contender.

Myth
01-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Wow really?

Lillard has been amazing and Portland is already a contender.

I think there is a chance the top pick could be a top 5 caliber player. Lillard is great, but he will never be a top 5 player. I would want to evaluate the candidates though, which is why I said "consider" rather than straight up trading Lillard for the #1.

SexSymbol
01-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Wow, you really wouldn't trade a 27 year old Rondo that just came off an ACL injury on a rebuilding team for the #1 pick in one of the deeper recent drafts?
lol, I wouldn't trade a 35 yo Kobe coming after achilles tear and a knee hyperextension. That dude will still generate you more money in two years than most of the guys in the draft, not naming embiid.

With that being said, I'd give nick young + xavier henry + pau gasol and our this year's pick (top 10 probably) for the 1st pick.
Embiid's the real deal.

Black and White
01-22-2014, 05:32 PM

The verdict is still out on Rondo, I would rather put a team around him then let him go.

scm5
01-22-2014, 05:36 PM
The verdict is still out on Rondo, I would rather put a team around him then let him go.

Yeah, I know, but the Celtics are still rebuilding and even if Rondo never got hurt, I might just take the #1 pick and see what happens. Rondo is 27 already this season and the Celtics aren't going anywhere. You'll be able to make moves during the offseason, but he'll be 28 by then.

scm5
01-22-2014, 05:40 PM
lol, I wouldn't trade a 35 yo Kobe coming after achilles tear and a knee hyperextension. That dude will still generate you more money in two years than most of the guys in the draft, not naming embiid.

With that being said, I'd give nick young + xavier henry + pau gasol and our this year's pick (top 10 probably) for the 1st pick.
Embiid's the real deal.

On the other side, Kobe might generate more money for the next two seasons, but if we don't get a good replacement franchise player, I think the #1 pick would be better in the long run.

Plus, I think Laker fans would find it so exciting to be rebuilding around a fresh, young face that we just drafted. It's something we haven't ever really done because and Kobe doesn't count because it's not really rebuilding when you just got Shaq.

tragicbronson
01-22-2014, 05:43 PM
On the other side, Kobe might generate more money for the next two seasons, but if we don't get a good replacement franchise player, I think the #1 pick would be better in the long run.

Plus, I think Laker fans would find it so exciting to be rebuilding around a fresh, young face that we just drafted. It's something we haven't ever really done because and Kobe doesn't count because it's not really rebuilding when you just got Shaq.

You are not a real fan :no: , sry to be the one who say it.

RightToCensor
01-22-2014, 05:44 PM
Send Asik to Philly for one of their lottery picks.

Other than him... T-Jones.

Jameerthefear
01-22-2014, 05:45 PM
yes he is. anyone who is not fvcking retarded would trade the kobe for the #1 pick

Anyone on our team.

SexSymbol
01-22-2014, 05:48 PM

Kobe has had one of the most prolific careers ever, you cannot just trade him away even though there's an opportunity for a brighter future.
Remember, loyalty pays, somehow someway, the Lakers will find a way to get back quite quickly to the elite status, whether that is still with Kobe, or without him, but Kobe's not being traded and that's not even going to be discussed at the FO meetings. He's just too big.
I mean literally, if you take everything into account, he probably generates ~100 million a year for the lakers himself, when you have a proven money making machine, you don't trade it for potential money making machines.

RightToCensor
01-22-2014, 05:51 PM
yes he is. anyone who is not fvcking retarded would trade the kobe for the #1 pick

Anyone on our team.
I've watched Vuce from time to time, dude looks legit. I'd keep him if I were an Orlando fan.

IncarceratedBob
01-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Wade, Bosh, Allen, Cole, Chalmers, Beasley, Andersen, Battier, Douglas, Pat Riley, Eric Spoelstra

Inferno
01-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Klay, maybe Lee.

CelticBaller
01-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Yes

scm5
01-22-2014, 06:02 PM

I am, I feel more loyalty to the Lakers than to Kobe and if at this point in his career, we're able to trade him somehow for the #1 overall pick, I would do it.

scm5
01-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Klay, maybe Lee.

Lee would be an interesting move that might cause headaches just because he plays power and spends time at C. Who would you draft?

scm5
01-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Wade, Bosh, Allen, Cole, Chalmers, Beasley, Andersen, Battier, Douglas, Pat Riley, Eric Spoelstra

Very interesting, who would you draft if you gave up Wade?

Lebron23
01-22-2014, 06:07 PM
I am, I feel more loyalty to the Lakers than to Kobe and if at this point in his career, we're able to trade him somehow for the #1 overall pick, I would do it.

Those team won't accept the offer. Kobe is injury prone, and he's earning $50 million dollars in the next 2 years.

Jameerthefear
01-22-2014, 06:09 PM
I've watched Vuce from time to time, dude looks legit. I'd keep him if I were an Orlando fan.
Vucci has a lot of potential, but not even close to the potential of the top players in the draft.

Lebron23
01-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Very interesting, who would you draft if you gave up Wade?

Miami won't trade Wade. He's still putting up 19/5/5 despite being injury prone.

Milbuck
01-22-2014, 06:10 PM
I'd trade Sanders, MAYBE Henson for the #1 pick.

oarabbus
01-22-2014, 06:12 PM

:biggums:

**** no, I wouldn't if I were a Celtics fan. Did you read the part where you wrote he was only 27? :wtf: Draft picks are all potential how do you know they'll pan out or not be injury prone? Rondo is a proven player and a beast and his ACL injury was "minor" enough that he played through OT and didn't get help until the next day. That guy is tough as hell and IMO playing just fine for being so rusty. Maybe if I were guaranteed Embiid AND I knew he wasn't injury prone (that's impossible to know) I would give up Rondo if I were a C's fan.

I would trade Harrison Barnes. If they said no to Barnes, I'd trade David Lee.

scm5
01-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Those team won't accept the offer. Kobe is injury prone, and he's earning $50 million dollars in the next 2 years.

wtf?

Do people not understand hypotheticals?

Inferno
01-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Lee would be an interesting move that might cause headaches just because he plays power and spends time at C. Who would you draft?

Good question. Can Embiid play PF?

scm5
01-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Miami won't trade Wade. He's still putting up 19/5/5 despite being injury prone.

He's also getting old and missing a lot of games. Lebron said it himself that it's throwing the team off because they can't get into a rhythm.

I would do it if I were the Heat and I talked to Lebron and he would be okay with it. I would draft Embiid.

Rio
Allen (prob need to sign another SG since Allen would be 39)
Lebron
Bosh
Embiid

Sounds like it would be a monster line up with very little weakness.

scm5
01-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Good question. Can Embiid play PF?

I'm not sure, seems like he has a decent jumper but he doesn't shoot them often and I've never seen him play PF.

Jailblazers7
01-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Meh, Sixers will be top 5 anyway so I don't see why we would trade anything. I would seriously consider doing something serious to trade up if it meant getting Embiid tho. That guy is going to be special.

scm5
01-22-2014, 06:26 PM
:biggums:

**** no, I wouldn't if I were a Celtics fan. Did you read the part where you wrote he was only 27? :wtf: Draft picks are all potential how do you know they'll pan out or not be injury prone? Rondo is a proven player and a beast and his ACL injury was "minor" enough that he played through OT and didn't get help until the next day. That guy is tough as hell and IMO playing just fine for being so rusty. Maybe if I were guaranteed Embiid AND I knew he wasn't injury prone (that's impossible to know) I would give up Rondo if I were a C's fan.

I would trade Harrison Barnes. If they said no to Barnes, I'd trade David Lee.

I don't know if you read the post where I mentioned that Rondo would be 28 by next season (when you would actually get the draft pick). 28 on a full top to bottom rebuild is kind of pushing it.

Inferno
01-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Meh, Sixers will be top 5 anyway so I don't see why we would trade anything. I would seriously consider doing something serious to trade up if it meant getting Embiid tho. That guy is going to be special.

How about Noel and Hawes?

oarabbus
01-22-2014, 06:38 PM
I don't know if you read the post where I mentioned that Rondo would be 28 by next season (when you would actually get the draft pick). 28 on a full top to bottom rebuild is kind of pushing it.

Considering the C's are already getting a lottery pick, I disagree. Unless this hypothetical says that current lottery teams magically don't get their pick.

Rondo
Bradley
Green/(Current C's lottery pick)
Sullinger/(Current C's lottery pick)
Humphries

Looks fine to me. Then upgrade at SF/PF/C as you see fit via trade or free agency. Trading Rondo is just silly IMO. Rondo is not your average player, and there's no guarantee that Exum or whomever will get near Rondo's level. There are plenty of Sullingers and Green and David Lee's in the league. There are not many Rondo's.

SamuraiSWISH
01-22-2014, 06:38 PM
I'd gladly trade Noah for Jabari Parker.

Jailblazers7
01-22-2014, 06:39 PM
How about Noel and Hawes?

Yeah, I would pull the trigger on that trade. Pair both for the #1 pick is a no brainer imo. This is assuming Embiid declares. If he stay in school, then I'm fine with just holding steady and picking in the 3-6 range.

scm5
01-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Considering the C's are already getting a lottery pick, I disagree. Unless this hypothetical says that current lottery teams magically don't get their pick.

Rondo
Bradley
Green/(Current C's lottery pick)
Sullinger/(Current C's lottery pick)
Humphries

Looks fine to me. Then upgrade at SF/PF/C as you see fit via trade or free agency. Trading Rondo is just silly IMO. Rondo is not your average player, and there's no guarantee that Exum or whomever will get near Rondo's level. There are plenty of Sullingers and Green and David Lee's in the league. There are not many Rondo's.

I'm saying you just straight up give up Rondo and you get the #1 pick overall.

That means you still get your lottery pick.

scm5
01-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I would pull the trigger on that trade. Pair both for the #1 pick is a no brainer imo. This is assuming Embiid declares. If he stay in school, then I'm fine with just holding steady and picking in the 3-6 range.

Really? What if it mean you get to keep your 3-6 pick but also still get the #1 overall just by giving up your best player.

Jailblazers7
01-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Really? What if it mean you get to keep your 3-6 pick but also still get the #1 overall just by giving up your best player.

So I would trade those 2 and still keep our first? I would probably do it because of the talent in this draft. It would depend on how high I was on Noel given that only the team has seen him play and evaluated his knee. Might want to keep an elite defender around if you are trying to win a ring later. Not sure I would really want a guy like Randle over Noel tbh.

I might be willing to trade MCW and Hawes if I get to keep our pick. Hopefully I would be able to get Exum and either Embiid/Wiggins.

scm5
01-22-2014, 07:00 PM
So I would trade those 2 and still keep our first? I would probably do it because of the talent in this draft. It would depend on how high I was on Noel given that only the team has seen him play and evaluated his knee. Might want to keep an elite defender around if you are trying to win a ring later. Not sure I would really want a guy like Randle over Noel tbh.

I might be willing to trade MCW and Hawes if I get to keep our pick. Hopefully I would be able to get Exum and either Embiid/Wiggins.

Do you value Noel's defense over Embiid? I think I would give up anyone on your roster just to get Embiid, he looks that good. That might just be me.

On another note, what's your take on MCW vs Exum? I know we haven't seen much of Exum, especially against NBA talent. They're very similar.

Jailblazers7
01-22-2014, 11:00 PM
Do you value Noel's defense over Embiid? I think I would give up anyone on your roster just to get Embiid, he looks that good. That might just be me.

On another note, what's your take on MCW vs Exum? I know we haven't seen much of Exum, especially against NBA talent. They're very similar.

Oh, I would for sure give up any player on the team for Embiid. Probably any two actually altho MCW and Noel would be really hard to let go. But like I said, I'd much rather have Exum and Embiid.

I think Exum looks more natural to me as a scorer. Uses his body better around the rim, looks like a better athlete, and I think he has more room to fill out and become a combo guard (in a good way). Exum is on par or better as a passer imo too. MCW makes great use of his length on D but I think his success is a little deceptive on offense.

scm5
01-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Oh, I would for sure give up any player on the team for Embiid. Probably any two actually altho MCW and Noel would be really hard to let go. But like I said, I'd much rather have Exum and Embiid.

I think Exum looks more natural to me as a scorer. Uses his body better around the rim, looks like a better athlete, and I think he has more room to fill out and become a combo guard (in a good way). Exum is on par or better as a passer imo too. MCW makes great use of his length on D but I think his success is a little deceptive on offense.

I agree that Exum looks like the better athlete between the two, but that's about all I can tell from what I've seen of him which is admittedly, not very much.

MCW to me has made rookie mistakes, but all in all has been very good this season. He's putting up numbers I would hope Exum would put up, and I would definitely not expect Exum to have a better rookie season than MCW has had so far.

kshutts1
01-23-2014, 12:26 PM
If we were guaranteed the #1 pick? I'd trade Butler or Boozer.

Then I'd trade the #1 pick for a player better than either Butler or Boozer, plus pick up an additional pick or two in the process.