PDA

View Full Version : Frat boys throw MLK Themed Party

christian1923
01-22-2014, 09:10 PM
http://www.houseofsparky.com/2014/1/21/5332538/tke-mlk-party-arizona-state-michael-crow

These frat boys at Arizona state all dressed trying to look like gangsta black guys, threw up gang signs and drank out of watermelon cups lol

I don't think they're all racist just dumb kids fitting in but damn they were dumb enough to post it all on the internet hashtagging it #blackoutforMLK lol what do they learn at that school man.

But, I guess it's getting serious. ASU has to kiss Jesse Jackson and all those guys asses before they try and boycott their athletics program.

TheReal Kendall
01-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Well at least they didn't paint their faces black

RightToCensor
01-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Lebron and KD stans :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/27241557/tke.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Higher Meaning
01-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Lebron and KD stans :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/27241557/tke.0_standard_709.0.jpg
This ni99a got on a Taj Gibson jersey. That's the first one I've seen

christian1923
01-22-2014, 09:28 PM
This ni99a got on a Taj Gibson jersey. That's the first one I've seen
Lmao who gets a Taj Gibson jersey :lol

sunsfan1357
01-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Stupid party? Yes. No need to hold the whole University hostage though when simply kicking the fraternity off should be enough. Not like they got the university's approval to throw the party.

christian1923
01-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Stupid party? Yes. No need to hold the whole University hostage though when simply kicking the fraternity off should be enough. Not like they got the university's approval to throw the party.
Well I don't think the school wants to kick out the frat. Just suspend them.

sunsfan1357
01-22-2014, 09:45 PM
Well I don't think the school wants to kick out the frat. Just suspend them.
Yeah I'm sure the university would be fine with a suspension, heck their nationals is probably going to even look into pulling their charter. Just the article said that the civil rights leaders are demanding they be permanently suspended, all people expelled, hire more black teachers, etc. without room for compromise.

Brujesino
01-22-2014, 09:49 PM
The group listed three demands from Arizona State and rejected much notion of compromise. First, it wants the TKE fraternity permanently banned from Arizona State. Second, the leaders are calling for "any and all of the students who organized this or participated in it or promoted it or sponsored it to be expelled from Arizona State University." Finally, the group called for more African-American teachers at Arizona State and further racism training for ASU employees

[QUOTE] While Arizona State has already suspended chapter operations for TKE and promised "additional action," Holland went on to call out Crow for not doing more:

"So continue to sit in the president

christian1923
01-22-2014, 09:51 PM
There are a couple black kids in this frat too :roll:

Go Getter
01-22-2014, 09:54 PM
Well at least they didn't paint their faces black
:biggums: :coleman: :rolleyes: :facepalm :oldlol:

Gotta give em credit for something huh?

ace23
01-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Who cares? So what, some stupid kids are doing stupid shit.

MightyWhitey
01-22-2014, 09:56 PM
This is quite amazing. This is from the link above;

The group listed three demands from Arizona State and rejected much notion of compromise. First, it wants the TKE fraternity permanently banned from Arizona State. Second, the leaders are calling for "any and all of the students who organized this or participated in it or promoted it or sponsored it to be expelled from Arizona State University." Finally, the group called for more African-American teachers at Arizona State and further racism training for ASU employees.

So some kids go retard in their frat and some opportunists are calling for more "African-American teachers" and "further racism training" for staff :rolleyes:

Yawn. When will these African-American "leaders" (:lol ) start acting like American's and stop pulling stunts like this to push a reverse racist agenda.

blablabla
01-22-2014, 09:57 PM
the leaders are calling for "any and all of the students who organized this or participated in it or promoted it or sponsored it to be expelled from Arizona State University
Since i'm not from the US i don't know how renowned ASU is for its academics program, but taking away these kids education because of a stupid party seems a little extreme.

ace23
01-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Since i'm not from the US i don't know how renowned ASU is for its academics program
It's not. It's renowned for being a party school.

bdreason
01-22-2014, 10:00 PM
I don't see any problem with the party. Doesn't the NBA have games all day long on MLK day? Is that racist too?

christian1923
01-22-2014, 10:02 PM
I don't see any problem with the party. Doesn't the NBA have games all day long on MLK day? Is that racist too?
You see nothing wrong with drinking out of watermelon cups while celebrating a black mans holiday?

MightyWhitey
01-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Since i'm not from the US i don't know how renowned ASU is for its academics program, but taking away these kids education because of a stupid party seems a little extreme.
I agree. But if you watch what these kids were wearing and the gang signs they were throwing it is indicative of what these black youths(not all of them of course) in the inner city are doing many years after the great Martin Luther King fought for their rights for equality. MLK would be rolling in his grave if he knew that these free young black youths wear pants that hang below their butts, call each other n***a, and expect hand-outs (like the article posted in the first post indicates) because that's just how they "roll". Maybe American's should start checking to see the expiration date of these race cards. I have a feeling that they've been long expired.

bdreason
01-22-2014, 10:10 PM
You see nothing wrong with drinking out of watermelon cups while celebrating a black mans holiday?

To be honest, I didn't see the watermelon cup. Thought they were just dressed up in "urban" NBA gear.

Jameerthefear
01-22-2014, 10:30 PM
This is exactly like when they did those parties where they "honoring" African culture by dressing up like bushmen with drumsticks in their hair. It's blatant mockery.
this. the frat just be suspended though, nothing more. if you're going to do stupid shit don't post it on the web. you represent the school in a way so you're going to be penalized. duh.

9erempiree
01-22-2014, 10:45 PM
What is so racist about that party and picture?

MightyWhitey
01-22-2014, 10:54 PM
This is exactly like when they did those parties where they "honoring" African culture by dressing up like bushmen with drumsticks in their hair. It's blatant mockery.
So you agree that the school should bow down to all the demands of these so-called "leaders"? That they should hire more African-American teachers and train everyone in the ASU staff for racism?

Go Getter
01-22-2014, 11:01 PM
This is quite amazing. This is from the link above;

So some kids go retard in their frat and some opportunists are calling for more "African-American teachers" and "further racism training" for staff :rolleyes:

Yawn. When will these African-American "leaders" (:lol ) start acting like American's and stop pulling stunts like this to push a reverse racist agenda.

This is what you call an ad hominem attack my ISHthren.:applause:

see also:
informal fallacy
genetic fallacy
fallacy of irrelevance

christian1923
01-22-2014, 11:01 PM
So you agree that the school should bow down to all the demands of these so-called "leaders"? That they should hire more African-American teachers and train everyone in the ASU staff for racism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJhPLGMhRuQ

Yeah bro, its the only way to get Jesse Jackson and black people to forgive you.

MightyWhitey
01-22-2014, 11:04 PM
This is what you call an ad hominem attack my ISHthren.:applause:

see also:
informal fallacy
genetic fallacy
fallacy of irrelevance
Who was at the end of my so-called "ad hominem" attack? Do you even know what ad hominem means?

MightyWhitey
01-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Is that what I said? You're one to talk about anything considering you believe they did nothing wrong. I've seen you around. :rolleyes:
What I find wrong is that the legacy Dr. King left was nothing like he wanted. Young black youths walking around with their pants around their ankles calling each other n***a and acting like ignorant imbeciles rather than educated people with nice fitted clothing. I've seen you around as well. Hello :D

Jameerthefear
01-22-2014, 11:15 PM
What I find wrong is that the legacy Dr. King left was nothing like he wanted. Young black youths walking around with their pants around their ankles calling each other n***a and acting like ignorant imbeciles rather than educated people with nice fitted clothing. I've seen you around as well. Hello :D
lol

longtime lurker
01-22-2014, 11:17 PM

I'm shocked that a guy named Mighty Whitey would turn this into a rant about black people. Just another typical race thread on ISH

chosen_one6
01-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Yea, there's nothing blatantly wrong or racist at all about making a mockery of the man who was a huge pioneer of the Civil Rights movement. Not at all.

:facepalm fcuking idiots.

ace23
01-22-2014, 11:48 PM
I don't understand why people entertain these blatant troll accounts.

tpols
01-23-2014, 12:20 AM
If a black frat had a party on columbus day where they were dippin saltine crackers in their drinks before toasting and talking in white chapelle voice I dont think thered be a single white person upset.

KingBeasley08
01-23-2014, 12:21 AM
That chick in the middle probably likes the BBC

JohnFreeman
01-23-2014, 12:24 AM
Lmao who gets a Taj Gibson jersey :lol
A person trying not to act like a bandwagoner

christian1923
01-23-2014, 12:25 AM
Who f*cking cares? A cup really bothers you? A cup?!

These people have no affect on your life, you don't know them, they didn't egg your house, they aren't even in the same state as you.

There is no reason to be mad. They're just retards.

Also, you calling MLK Day, "a black mans holiday" is pretty bad. It's a day representing civil rights and King's life. It's for everybody, not just black people.
Oh man your post is wrong about me in so many levels

Lol I'm not mad at all. But I do think that part is a little racist. But I do know they're just dumb sheltered kids who know no better because I know a few of the kids in that frat because I lived In arizona for middle and high school, so I know here most the kids are from and how they act. And I'm not saying the day is only for black poeple I'm saying it's celebrating a man who is black.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-23-2014, 12:26 AM
If a black frat had a party on columbus day where they were dippin saltine crackers in their drinks before toasting and talking in white chapelle voice I dont think thered be a single white person upset.

:oldlol:

Balla_Status
01-23-2014, 04:48 AM
Americans "make a mockery" out of cinco de mayo and St. Patricks Day as well.

Balla_Status
01-23-2014, 04:51 AM
Chinese New Year's is two weeks away, should have waited to do a racist Asian-theme party.

They would have gotten away with it easily.

Asians probably would've participated and not gave a shat.

9erempiree
01-23-2014, 05:07 AM
I still don't get the racism in that picture. Kids were dressing like that 5 years ago. Rocking jerseys and throwbacks. Look at Enimem in his prime.

Watermelon cup? Didn't even think about it till someone brought it up.

I was going to dress like that for Halloween this past year because it's the total opposite of how I dress and I wanted to make fun of the studio gangsters. No racist at all.

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 05:16 AM
No.

Blame it on the black people who have a strong influence. This is the way they are dressing and acting.

So if a black guy dresses up and acts like these kids.... that black guy is racist? .... against his own race? .... Are all these rappers racist against their own race? Because this is literally how they are dressing and acting. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

What if a group of blacks dressed up as the beatles and wore wigs and talked like educated folk? No one would really care.

Start taking responsibility as an individual. No one cares when people dress up as a stereotypical Native American or Asian... there just so happens to be a ton of sensitive black people who can never take responsibility as individuals.

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 05:21 AM
That chick in the middle probably likes the BBC

:oldlol: Def looks like the type. She want KD to stroke that kitty the way he been strokin the three ball.

Dumb ass fckin frat douches. Why some of these groups think this shit would be funny or a novel idea for a theme party is beyond me. The watermelon cup shit crosses the line. If they were jus wearin NBA shit and mocking urban culture I would just kinda laugh it off as them being sheltered suburbanites.

Drinking from watermelons is pretty blatantly foul and racist IMO.

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 05:28 AM

Bullshit. groups and races everywhere have people that identify within that would be 'offended' and overreact about anything that implies some sort of racial agenda. It doesn't matter. Many white people have gotten particularly uptight about anything that suggests that blacks or Latinos are benefitting from the efforts to create equality and opportunities.

The shit is a never ending controversy when racial objectives are propagated to any degree. If you think there isn't some group or organization that would take offense to that just because 'black people would have,' in the reverse scenerio then you underestimate the petty banter of humanity

East_Stone_Ya
01-23-2014, 05:29 AM
White college kids mocking black people with watermelon cups and gang signs is the fault of black youth because clearly those college kids were just doing a social experiment. Black youths need to take responsibility for this because they deserved it.
clearly sarcastic

:biggums:

deserve it how?

9erempiree
01-23-2014, 05:30 AM
:oldlol: Def looks like the type. She want KD to stroke that kitty the way he been strokin the three ball.

Dumb ass fckin frat douches. Why some of these groups think this shit would be funny or a novel idea for a theme party is beyond me. The watermelon cup shit crosses the line. If they were jus wearin NBA shit and mocking urban culture I would just kinda laugh it off as them being sheltered suburbanites.

Drinking from watermelons is pretty blatantly foul and racist IMO.

It's because of your thinking, it makes something such as a fruit be associated with racism.

Next time I am around a black person, I better not mention watermelon in humor or I'm labelled a racist.

Is eating a piece of watermelon with a black person racist at a picnic?

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 05:31 AM
White college kids mocking black people with watermelon cups and gang signs is the fault of black youth because clearly those college kids were just doing a social experiment. Black youths need to take responsibility for this because they deserved it.
clearly sarcastic
No one would care if black kids dressed up as One Direction or Peyton Manning on Columbus day. :sleeping

It's stereotype. They're having fun, not lynching blacks in the street. There were black kids who PARTICIPATED. The kids clearly aren't racist. They have black friends.

Stop being a sensitive little dumbass. Get with the times. It's all in good FUN.

tomtucker
01-23-2014, 05:33 AM
Taj Gibson jersey !........he is no racist, real racists only knows # 23

9erempiree
01-23-2014, 05:34 AM
They didn't call these guys a racist. Hip hop culture is part of black history and those kids were in hip hop attire similar to the pictures of these guys in asian attire.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Vladimir_Putin_at_APEC_Summit_in_China_19-21_October_2001-13.jpg

Do they need to be eating a bowl of fried rice?

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 05:42 AM
I love you. :roll:
:confusedshrug:

I don't get it.

This is just a fun themed party on MLK day. You wouldn't understand from the outside looking in. This is actually anti-racist and all love.

All those white kids love these rappers and basketball players. They find it cool what they're doing.

Why would this offend you if this isn't how you're dressing or acting as an individual?

Newsflash.. black people act and dress like this. Doesn't mean all of them do. And it doesn't make it racist if there is a MLK themed party where kids dress up and act like rappers. It's just an excuse to wear their favorite jersey.

Is Justin Bieber racist?

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 05:42 AM
It's because of your thinking, it makes something such as a fruit be associated with racism.

Next time I am around a black person, I better not mention watermelon in humor or I'm labelled a racist.

Is eating a piece of watermelon with a black person racist at a picnic?

It's not my personal thinking so much as what has been an established racial attachment to blacks. You really think that particular fruit was used at the party randomly just as a suitable container for drinks?

Get real. Eating/using watermelon is not racist unless the context is intended to invoke a racial stereotype. This is obviously one of those types, trying to say it isn't racially-motivated in this instance is just downright trying to call a spade a club.

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 05:47 AM
It's not my personal thinking so much as what has been an established racial attachment to blacks. You really think that particular fruit was used at the party randomly just as a suitable container for drinks?

Get real. Eating/using watermelon is not racist unless the context is intended to invoke a racial stereotype. This is obviously one of those types, trying to say it isn't racially-motivated in this instance is just downright trying to call a spade a club.
It's funny just like people stretching their eyes to make fun of the Asian squint and people talking educated and proper to make fun of the white European.

We're all one race. The science backs it up. We make fun of physical characteristics and certain stereotypes about the culture.

If it was an all white party and they dressed up as klan members then that is worthy of criticism. This is all in good fun.

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 05:49 AM
:confusedshrug:

And it doesn't make it racist if there is a MLK themed party where kids dress up and act like rappers. It's just an excuse to wear their favorite jersey.

What does Martin Luther King have to do with rap music anyway? He prolly woulda loathed the association. Common themes in rap music weren't exactly birthed from circumstances that upheld Dr King's vision.

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 05:50 AM
They have watermelon cups. If you're not trolling, I have no hope for you and will not entertain your delusions.
Yet they have black friends and look up to certain black celebs. :oldlol:

I'll be pissed the next time a black dude drops his slang and talks educated and proper to make a little fun of the white European. :oldlol:

No, I'll laugh because it's funny and then smoke a blunt with him.

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 05:54 AM
What does Martin Luther King have to do with rap music anyway? He prolly woulda loathed the association. Common themes in rap music weren't exactly birthed from circumstances that upheld Dr King's vision.
I just want to know why it's considered racist to poke a little fun?

It happens in locker rooms growing up. It's human nature to give each other shit.

Racist to me is denying someone opportunity based on color of skin.. not poking a little fun at certain stereotypes.

Talk educated and proper like a white Euro and I'll laugh my ass off.... I love when blacks do their 'white voice'... I never think of it as racism. Ever. It's all love in my corner of the world.

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 05:55 AM
Would you go into the hood, as a white male with a watermelon cup and dressed like you're in the Grindin video, and think it's all in good fun?

Let's see how dedicated you are to this theory.
Hood = blacks?

You're racist.

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 05:58 AM
It's funny just like people stretching their eyes to make fun of the Asian squint and people talking educated and proper to make fun of the white European.

We're all one race. The science backs it up. We make fun of physical characteristics and certain stereotypes about the culture.

If it was an all white party and they dressed up as klan members then that is worthy of criticism. This is all in good fun.

I agree. Laughing at the differences in race and culture can be very funny and harmless. It just depends on if the person/group doing it are being antagonizing or not. In this case, maybe these students aren't bigots or anything but I'd be lying if I said the watermelon thing didn't rub me the wrong way or make me cringe a little.

I can laugh at comedy directed towards any race or religion as long as it feels like there's no suppression of the culture involved or implied superiority of the one who created it.

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 05:59 AM
STFU and stop dodging a simple question^

Of course it's love when the stereotype is good, you trolling POS. I'm sure black people hate the big c0ck and athleticism stereotype. They're just fuming.
It's a stupid question. People in the hood are criminals and known racists.

What's considered a 'bad' stereotype for white Euros?

Give me an example and give me a scenario where I would be upset if a group of African kids pushed this stereotype for a party.

9erempiree
01-23-2014, 06:00 AM
I just want to know why it's considered racist to poke a little fun?

It happens in locker rooms growing up. It's human nature to give each other shit.

Racist to me is denying someone opportunity based on color of skin.. not poking a little fun at certain stereotypes.

Talk educated and proper like a white Euro and I'll laugh my ass off.... I love when blacks do their 'white voice'... I never think of it as racism. Ever. It's all love in my corner of the world.

this.

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 06:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY

LOL @ "people in the hood are criminals and known racists"

Beautiful display there.
I don't really have a response TBH.

it's like a nerd in the locker room trying to make fun of the perfect jock. He has nothing to say. :confusedshrug:

There a ton of black people who act stupid. Hell, the hood is pretty much all black and filled with criminals. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

You shouldn't take offence as an individual though.

There were blacks at the party so I find no problem with this stuff. It's just funny to me.

Doesn't mean they are pissing on MLK's legacy... they're just pushing a funny stereotype.

Would some fried chicken make you feel better Moe?

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 06:21 AM
If you missed the point of what that basic bit meant, then you're stupid. I have nothing else to say there and it directly went with your last question so it's a bit funny you're flaunting this ignorance as if it's something to be proud of.

All your jokes are lame right now and we're going in circles. Have fun. I'm off this.
You're too stupid to bring up the hick stereotype? :facepalm

Fail.

TheGreatDeraj
01-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Damn black people get SO much special treatment theses days.

Imagine if Irish people got this pissed every time they saw someone dressed like a leprechaun at a St. Patrick's Day party.

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 09:00 AM

Imagine if Irish people got this pissed every time they saw someone dressed like a leprechaun at a St. Patrick's Day party.
Yah, get these guys some Waffles and Chicken to soothe their sore little vag. :oldlol:

PistonsFan#21
01-23-2014, 09:27 AM

yea so much special treatment...i think its unfair that white people dont have the same job opportunities and are more often victim of racial profiling by the police, the penal system and the society as a whole.

Bandito
01-23-2014, 09:45 AM
They would probably sit around and see the spectacle and just laugh. Black people in the US are too sensible about unimportant stuff like this.

Then in Mississippi now the white people there are racist as fvck but they don't say nothing...:facepalm

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm shocked that a guy named Mighty Whitey would turn this into a rant about black people. Just another typical race thread on ISH
The name MightyWhitey was given to me by the guys in my HS basketball team. More than half of them were black and my good friends. So you can thank them for that.

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 11:18 AM
That would be funny as hell :lol

PistonsFan#21
01-23-2014, 11:47 AM

good for them i guess. Just because it doesnt offend some people doesnt mean that it shouldnt offend other people as well. White people dont have an history of being enslaved and segregated here in the USA so obviously they aren't as sensitive as some minorities when it comes to certain things.
I thought this is common sense.

longhornfan1234
01-23-2014, 11:50 AM
I wouldn't have care about their theme party if I didn't see a watermelon cup.

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 11:55 AM
good for them i guess. Just because it doesnt offend some people doesnt mean that it shouldnt offend other people as well. White people dont have an history of being enslaved and segregated here in the USA so obviously they aren't as sensitive as some minorities when it comes to certain things.
Do you want some cheese with that whine? Let me see that race card of yours. I need to see if it expired yet.

What does slavery and segregation have to do with a bunch stupid frat kids acting like inner city kids?

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't have care about their theme party if I didn't see a watermelon cup.You know they use watermelon cups and fruit cups all over the Caribbean to serve drinks to tourists right? Should we say the same thing about Aruban's and Dominican's?

STATUTORY
01-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Over reaction will only breed and fester further racial acrimony and widens those cleavages in society. Those kids meant no harm, it's a teachable moment. Zealous punishment is overboard

PistonsFan#21
01-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Do you want some cheese with that whine? Let me see that race card of yours. I need to see if it expired yet.

What does slavery and segregation have to do with a bunch stupid frat kids acting like inner city kids?

are you really that stupid or just playing ignorant? :confusedshrug:

why do you think that bunch of frat kids are making the news and theres a big fuss about their party right now? Slavery and segregation from the past is what causes the sensitivity in the african american community when it comes to racial related issues. i didnt say anywhere in my previous post that i actually think those kids are racist and should be suspended or expelled.

by the way im not afro-american and i dont leave in the USA so the race card dont apply here.

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 12:09 PM

It should be common sense. I mean damn, look at the current generation of blacks in America growing up where their grandparents and even parents could have been blasted by firehoses in the street just for wanting to be treated like civilized people. People they were raised by and formed thick bonds of affection for recounting stories of being talked to like subhuman scum and like it was the status quo at times to be received like a dog or worse.

Yet people have these expectations that modern blacks should just forfeit all those direct links to them in the current day. Nobody should have to pay for past sins or expect things to be righted for the past today, but to think that ALL black people in America should have had a collective cleansing of that sensitivity or no objection to modern day mockery is just not realistic.

Having knowledge of your Irish or Italian immigrant ancestors being marginalized just isn't the same as knowing loved ones directly impactful to your life, your grandpa or grandma (who also could have raised you) were heckled and even subjected to violence at times.

Did that happen to all African American families? No. But enough to where the animosity doesn't just magically dissipate in like 50 years.

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 12:12 PM
You know they use watermelon cups and fruit cups all over the Caribbean to serve drinks to tourists right? Should we say the same thing about Aruban's and Dominican's?

Intent. Context. Implication.

These really aren't that difficult to consider for any display regarding any behavior or action.

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 12:15 PM
are you really that stupid or just playing ignorant? :confusedshrug:

why do you think that bunch of frat kids are making the news and theres a big fuss about their party right now? Slavery and segregation from the past is what causes the sensitivity in the african american community when it comes to racial related issues. i didnt say anywhere in my previous post that i actually think those kids are racist and should be suspended or expelled.

by the way im not afro-american and i dont leave in the USA so the race card dont apply here.
Sorry I was under the impression that you were an African American. Seeing as you are not you are the ignorant poster here. If you live here in the USA then you would see what millions of American's on all sides of the spectrum see. I believe that using slavery and segregation is a poor argument nowadays because there's no future in looking back in the past crying over it.

Norcaliblunt
01-23-2014, 12:19 PM
I understand it's MLK day, it should be for everyone in celebration of human rights, and you would think that such an important and respected figure in American history could have a day of recognition that would not result in juvenile partying with other ethnically based stereotyping antics. I understand that intent is the key here, and racial problems in the African American community are very raw, fresh, and still exist, so it's a touchy subject.

That said this is the culture we live in. People will use any special holiday or event to get drunk and act like a fool. The stereotypes of Irish and Mexican's being drunks comes fully alive on St. Patricks Day and Cinco de Mayo. I've seen people dressed up as leprechauns, people wearing Sombrero's, and everybody eating the stereotypical food of these cultures. Like I said above I always viewed MLK as a holiday for everyone, not a racially based one, it's a federal holiday for christ's sakes. Those others aren't. I understand the sensitivity of African American's to what appears to be making fun of them. But sometimes you just have to accept the stereotypes and have fun with it.

These kids look like retards though as others have pointed out.

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 12:22 PM
What kind of stupid argument is this? It's okay because really they're just doing an amalgamation of all black people from around the world and the watermelon isn't a blatant racial stereotype, right? Quit being obtuse and acting like their intention with the cups isn't obvious and transparent as you're absolutely insulting people's intelligence with this post.

I guess it would cool if they had those massive lip plates, too, right? Nothing wrong with that. They're just honoring tribesmen, after all. :confusedshrug:
Well let's look at the obvious thing here. If MLK was alive and saw black youth wearing pants under their butts, calling each other n***a, and started to speak in unintelligible ebonic slang he would shake his damn head and say "This wasn't part of the dream".
So some stupid frat kids just played the part of inner city kids. And? What upsets you is the watermelon? Not the fact that black youth call each other n***a? Or wear ill fitted clothing like a bunch of homeless people? And speak as if they need an exorcism? The watermelon here is the issue though....:rolleyes:

longhornfan1234
01-23-2014, 12:24 PM
What kind of stupid argument is this? It's okay because really they're just doing an amalgamation of all black people from around the world and the watermelon isn't a blatant racial stereotype, right? Quit being obtuse and acting like their intention with the cups isn't obvious and transparent as you're absolutely insulting people's intelligence with this post.

I guess it would cool if they had those massive lip plates, too, right? Nothing wrong with that. They're just honoring tribesmen, after all. :confusedshrug:

I wouldn't even respond to him. He's clearly trolling and making it too obvious.

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 12:28 PM
It should be common sense. I mean damn, look at the current generation of blacks in America growing up where their grandparents and even parents could have been blasted by firehoses in the street just for wanting to be treated like civilized people. People they were raised by and formed thick bonds of affection for recounting stories of being talked to like subhuman scum and like it was the status quo at times to be received like a dog or worse.

Yet people have these expectations that modern blacks should just forfeit all those direct links to them in the current day. Nobody should have to pay for past sins or expect things to be righted for the past today, but to think that ALL black people in America should have had a collective cleansing of that sensitivity or no objection to modern day mockery is just not realistic.

Having knowledge of your Irish or Italian immigrant ancestors being marginalized just isn't the same as knowing loved ones directly impactful to your life, your grandpa or grandma (who also could have raised you) were heckled and even subjected to violence at times.

Did that happen to all African American families? No. But enough to where the animosity doesn't just magically dissipate in like 50 years.
Hold on I'll get you a box of Kleenex and you give me your race card so I could check the expiration date on it. Maybe you would like some whine with that cheese also? Or maybe you can start acting like an American and stop acting like a foreigner in your own country! The President of the United States of America is half black. Let's stop crying and start acting American.

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Over reaction will only breed and fester further racial acrimony and widens those cleavages in society. Those kids meant no harm, it's a teachable moment. Zealous punishment is overboard

Good post. I agree with this, esp the bold. Grown adult 'equality' leaders wanting these students roasted over a pit and harming their future, hurting their education doesn't exactly sound suitable for one instance of poor taste/judgment.

Pining for the whole faculty/staff to endure changes just because of a frat party is ridiculous as well.

Suspend the frat due to bad press for the university, make the members take racial sensitivity or additional courses in Black History to graduate and move on. That's me speaking for ASU, not overbearing Civil Rights groups.

Also, what does boycotting ASU athletes serve to accomplish?

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Are you actually retarded? You've said nothing new yet. Absolutely nothing. In fact, you're repeating yourself over and over again. It's almost like you think we're deconstructing society here or that no one has read what you wrote prior. :roll:
See the thing is you're not properly educated so you need things to be repeated often so that it can sink into your head. I notice you ignore everything I said but tell me what MLK would say if he heard black youth calling each other n***a today? Is that what he fought and died for? Honestly think and then answer this question. That goes for anyone on ISH.

tpols
01-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Bullshit. groups and races everywhere have people that identify within that would be 'offended' and overreact about anything that implies some sort of racial agenda. It doesn't matter. Many white people have gotten particularly uptight about anything that suggests that blacks or Latinos are benefitting from the efforts to create equality and opportunities.

The shit is a never ending controversy when racial objectives are propagated to any degree. If you think there isn't some group or organization that would take offense to that just because 'black people would have,' in the reverse scenerio then you underestimate the petty banter of humanity
It's not bullshit lol.. no one would care. The white supremacists wouldnt come out their holes demanding racism training and more white people at the university.. might be a small article about it in the news.. maybe some talk over dinner, prolly not though. Definitely arent asking for a list of reparations. These guys are extortionists.:oldlol:

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Hold on I'll get you a box of Kleenex and you give me your race card so I could check the expiration date on it. Maybe you would like some whine with that cheese also? Or maybe you can start acting like an American and stop acting like a foreigner in your own country! The President of the United States of America is half black. Let's stop crying and start acting American.

I'm not black for one. Secondly, it's not whining just plausible reasoning for reality & why some families feel the way they do, even in 2014. Expecting all blacks and the resulting mentality of their children/grandchildren to see recent history as ancient with no relevance is just not a very fully realized proposition.

Whine with cheese? :rolleyes: You've repeated that like 3x in this very thread. It wasn't original the first time, it wasn't original 10 years ago.

Honestly dude, you've repeated yourself far too often to not bring ANY interesting or thought provoking ideas to the discussion. What the frat did wasn't exactly atrocious, evil behavior but you trying to twist reality and what their intentions were just speaks volumes about the lengths some people will go to protect their own.

Like we're supposed to equate a watermelon cup, used at a MLK 'theme' party where students are trying to 'dress black' knowing damn well what watermelons imply with black people, to vacationing in the tropical islands like that's the same thing is just retarded on your part. It's as if you're exuding energy to be stupid and short sighted. What exactly are you trying to protect? :banghead:

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 12:54 PM
It's not bullshit lol.. no one would care. The white supremacists wouldnt come out their holes demanding racism training and more white people at the university.. might be a small article about it in the news.. maybe some talk over dinner, prolly not though. Definitely arent asking for a list of reparations. These guys are extortionists.:oldlol:

Would it get the same publicity/ outrage from different groups? No it wouldn't. It def wouldn't get the same backlash or attention and organized groups most likely wouldn't make an effort for justice. I'll give you that. I also agree with you on wishing for so much payment from the university, it is like extortion. ASU the institution did nothing wrong.

All humans look for reasons to bitch and cry, which is why I thought it disingenuous for you to say nobody would care. Nowdays, a lot white people love instances where they to cry foul and point out hypocrisy just because many are so fed up with having Anglos made out to be villanous and oppressive all their lives in school and in the media.

They would care out of pettiness more than genuine hurt feelings imo.

Rasheed1
01-23-2014, 12:58 PM
the frat JUST came off probation and they do this? :oldlol: F*cking idiots.. They deserve whatever punishment the school lays on them..

some people think everything is a joke and things like this happen to them..

Rasheed1
01-23-2014, 01:05 PM
People should be allowed to joke around and be dumb without having their education taken away. They didn't hurt anyone who isn't a sensitive fgt.

Only a 'sensitive fgt' would be upset over these clowns getting in trouble for being douche bags on a consistent basis..

They have already been in trouble before, and now they go out do more dumbs*t.. They deserve all the negative attention they get..

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm not black for one. Secondly, it's not whining just plausible reasoning for reality & why some families feel the way they do, even in 2014. Expecting all blacks and the resulting mentality of their children/grandchildren to see recent history as ancient with no relevance is just not a very fully realized proposition.
Yet black youths walk around calling each other n***a. Do you think that calling each other this racist name given to them by White slave traders and owners is ok?

Honestly dude, you've repeated yourself far too often to not bring ANY interesting or thought provoking ideas to the discussion.
I have no choice. You people still don't get what I am saying. What would MLK say if he heard black youth today calling each other n***a?

Like we're supposed to equate a watermelon cup, used at a MLK 'theme' party where students are trying to 'dress black' knowing damn well what watermelons imply with black people, to vacationing in the tropical islands like that's the same thing is just retarded on your part. It's as if you're exuding energy to be stupid and short sighted. What exactly are you trying to protect?The point is that black people brought this stereotype upon themselves. Calling each other n***a, wearing hobo clothing, and speaking jibberish. There's nothing to protect here. It's merely an observation that many of you haven't figured out yet. That's why I have to repeat myself over and over again.

Norcaliblunt
01-23-2014, 01:10 PM
I know it's all in the intent of why and how a person brings up another ethnic groups cuisine, but why does it always seem worse when it's done to African Americans?

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 01:10 PM
He's a troll. I realized after his post where he literally repeated himself almost word for word.But you're too chicken answer my question. Stop dodging and start answering. What would MLK say about black youth calling each other n***a today? Using the "he a troll man he a troll" is good ducking and weaving but it shows you're afraid to answer this question.

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 01:13 PM
I know it's all in the intent of why and how a person brings up another ethnic groups cuisine, but why does it always seem worse when it's done to African Americans?And that is why I have to repeatedly say let me check the expiration date on your race card to these whiners. Norcaliblunt what do you think MLK would say if he were alive to hear young black kids calling each other n***a?

ALBballer
01-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Dumb party but to take away their education is harsh. This is the world we live in today. Obviously these kids took it to the extreme with the racial stereotypes but the common sentiment is you better be PC or face ramifications for being a "racist" or any other label.

Norcaliblunt
01-23-2014, 01:17 PM
And that is why I have to repeatedly say let me check the expiration date on your race card to these whiners. Norcaliblunt what do you think MLK would say if he were alive to hear young black kids calling each other n***a?

I don't know anything about a dead man's perspective, but I would like to think based on his writings and actions that he wouldn't like a lot the stuff that is going on racially and socially economically from all sides.

tomtucker
01-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Well let's look at the obvious thing here. If MLK was alive and saw black youth wearing pants under their butts, calling each other n***a, and started to speak in unintelligible ebonic slang he would shake his damn head and say "This wasn't part of the dream".
So some stupid frat kids just played the part of inner city kids. And? What upsets you is the watermelon? Not the fact that black youth call each other n***a? Or wear ill fitted clothing like a bunch of homeless people? And speak as if they need an exorcism? The watermelon here is the issue though....:rolleyes:

:lol :roll:

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Dumb party but to take away their education is harsh. This is the world we live in today. Obviously these kids took it to the extreme with the racial stereotypes but the common sentiment is you better be PC or face ramifications for being a "racist" or any other label.
The so-called black "leaders" asking for more black teachers and racism training are nothing more than opportunists looking to push an un-American agenda. Pure nonsense.

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Yet black youths walk around calling each other n***a. Do you think that calling each other this racist name given to them by White slave traders and owners is ok?

I have no choice. You people still don't get what I am saying. What would MLK say if he heard black youth today calling each other n***a?
The point is that black people brought this stereotype upon themselves. Calling each other n***a, wearing hobo clothing, and speaking jibberish. There's nothing to protect here. It's merely an observation that many of you haven't figured out yet. That's why I have to repeat myself over and over again.

Again, Intent. Context. Implication. Remember those things when u analyze or criticize any behavior you do not partake in or understand.

Also, baggy clothing was like sooo 2005. Get with the times

ROCSteady
01-23-2014, 01:33 PM
The so-called black "leaders" asking for more black teachers and racism training are nothing more than opportunists looking to push an un-American agenda. Pure nonsense.

That I agree with you 100%. The suggested ramifications are ridiculous nonsense

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Again, Intent. Context. Implication. Remember those things when u analyze or criticize any behavior you do not partake in or understand.

Also, baggy clothing was like sooo 2005. Get with the times

http://newsone.com/1930035/state-senator-seeks-saggy-pants-ban-in-n-y-c-schools/
Again, answer the question. What would MLK say if he heard young black kids calling each other n***a? Why are you avoiding this question like the plague?

mr.big35
01-23-2014, 01:52 PM
This students were not doing anything illegal. Why are blacks so sensitive. They call each others the n word and a white man says that all hell breaks loose.

PistonsFan#21
01-23-2014, 02:01 PM
http://newsone.com/1930035/state-senator-seeks-saggy-pants-ban-in-n-y-c-schools/
question. What would MLK say if he heard young black kids calling each other n***a? Why are you avoiding this question like the plague?

Maybe you should go and make a thread about it because this has nothing to do with this thread youre posting in. Only God knows for sure what MLK would say

PistonsFan#21
01-23-2014, 02:07 PM
This students were not doing anything illegal. Why are blacks so sensitive. They call each others the n word and a white man says that all hell breaks loose.

Because of the history of segregation and racial discrimination in this country. The meaning and intent of the word n*gga isnt seen the same way when said by a black guy as opposed to a white guy. Any other questions?

Rasheed1
01-23-2014, 02:17 PM
there's a growing pattern here.. Everytime a white person (or people) get themselves in trouble through their own behavior, it becomes black people's fault :lol

Riley Cooper says N-word and gets caught on camera? Black people's fault because they say it too.

Sherman has nonracial rant after a game, and the racial insults come out? Sherman's fault

Frat throws bigot party, and gets in trouble? Black people's fault because they say N-word too

I guess 'personal responsibility' only applies to other people

The group who is hurt by all this the most is the university, and the frat is responsible for their actions to the university…

Being mad and blaming black folks, and going on a tirade about all the things black folks supposedly do, doesn't make any sense.. They had nothing to do with it

MightyWhitey
01-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Because of the history of segregation and racial discrimination in this country. The meaning and intent of the word n*gga isnt seen the same way when said by a black guy as opposed to a white guy. Any other questions?
What a cop out. Besides you don't even live in the USA so your opinion on the matter is nil.
MLK fought against use of the word n***a and today black youths use it. Sorry but that wasn't part of the dream. Keep making up excuses though. That sort of action keeps races apart.

Dictator
01-23-2014, 02:38 PM
For my white people:

When you think about it, its completely understandable for blacks to be racially sensitive considering not too long ago you guys were doing some pretty awful things to them.

ALBballer
01-23-2014, 02:38 PM
there's a growing pattern here.. Everytime a white person (or people) get themselves in trouble through their own behavior, it becomes black people's fault :lol

Riley Cooper says N-word and gets caught on camera? Black people's fault because they say it too.

Sherman has nonracial rant after a game, and the racial insults come out? Sherman's fault

Frat throws bigot party, and gets in trouble? Black people's fault because they say N-word too

I guess 'personal responsibility' only applies to other people

The group who is hurt by all this the most is the university, and the frat is responsible for their actions to the university…

Being mad and blaming black folks, and going on a tirade about all the things black folks supposedly do, doesn't make any sense.. They had nothing to do with it

Well what are your thoughts on Black activist group that want these kids expelled, racism training and more black professors.

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 02:50 PM
For my white people:

When you think about it, its completely understandable for blacks to be racially sensitive considering not too long ago you guys were doing some pretty awful things to them.
Gotta love revisionist history. :lol

The ole innocent African folk. They've never done anything wrong, ever! Always the victim...

Truth is... they were selling their own people for slavery... and Africans are still enslaving their own people to this day.

Inconvenient huh?

Take responsibility as an individual and stop putting so much stock into something we have no control over.

tpols
01-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Well what are your thoughts on Black activist group that want these kids expelled, racism training and more black professors.
this:oldlol:

Dictator
01-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Gotta love revisionist history. :lol

The ole innocent African folk. They've never done anything wrong, ever! Always the victim...

Truth is... they were selling their own people for slavery... and Africans are still enslaving their own people to this day.

How was that revisionist history? Was what I said not true?

Inconvenient huh?

Take responsibility as an individual and stop putting so much stock into something we have no control over.

Just as you've posted, those individuals need to take responsibility for actions that could've been ultimately avoided.

PistonsFan#21
01-23-2014, 03:01 PM
What a cop out. Besides you don't even live in the USA so your opinion on the matter is nil.
MLK fought against use of the word n***a and today black youths use it. Sorry but that wasn't part of the dream. Keep making up excuses though. That sort of action keeps races apart.

What kind of logic is that?? So because i dont live in the USA means i cant have an opinion or say on the matter? Were you alive during the segregation days or when MLK gave one of his famous speeches? If not then your opinion is just as nil as mine.

By the way im not making any excuses. The guy asked me a question so i gave him an explanation. If you have a different explanation feel free to post it

Budadiiii
01-23-2014, 03:03 PM
How was that revisionist history? Was what I said not true?

Just as you've posted, those individuals need to take responsibility for actions that could've been ultimately avoided.
Because you implied that only white people were doing evil things when in reality.. it was an evil time in general and all groups/leaders were doing terrible things.

Rasheed1
01-23-2014, 03:10 PM

:confusedshrug: I don't really have any opinion on that.. These black activists aren't in control as far as what punishment this frat gets.. The university is. Activist groups generally will come and suggest punishments, and remedies for problems, but that doesn't mean the university is obligated to follow their advice. I personally wouldn't expel them over it, but the sanctions would be tougher then what they got the last time they f*cked up and got in trouble

Dictator
01-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Because you implied that only white people were doing evil things when in reality.. it was an evil time in general and all groups/leaders were doing terrible things.

Where's the implication?

Rasheed1
01-23-2014, 03:29 PM
I just don't understand what rules they are breaking... Is being dumb and offensive against the rules at college? I don't know, I never went. If it is that's a shitty rule.

Frats and sororities generally have agreements with the campuses on which they reside to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner..

When Frats do dumb sh*t like hazing, or fighting, or something like this? it hurts the image of the university and the school can "kick them off of campus".

Its like a suspension for the fraternity..

Its like having a job.. You represent your employer and if you f*ck up, you get suspended… Keep f*ckin up and eventually you get fired for good.. It is it to your employer (or in this case the university)

Rasheed1
01-23-2014, 03:36 PM
:oldlol: So another dumb reason to join a frat

Fraternities (depending on which one you join) are powerful organizations.. They can give you connections and an advantage when you leave college and enter your career..

they can have a very positive effect on the community, and do a lot of great things

This situation is the flip side of the positive things that frats and sororities can bring.. Sometimes the fighting and the hazing, and the partying hurts the image of the campus they are on and the school can shut them down if they get out of control

Loneshot
01-23-2014, 03:48 PM
I read this as "Fat boys throw milk themed party"

Rasheed1
01-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah shoving pinecones up kids' asses and fighting is the same as drinking out of a cup and wearing a basketball jersey.

Nobody said they are the same :oldlol: I don't even see where you got that from

Lakers Legend#32
01-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Frat F#cks don't they realize there are no colleges worth a damn in OKC?

Norcaliblunt
01-23-2014, 07:03 PM
These kids obvisiouly seem suspect and like morons, but what would be a fun innocent non offensive way to celebrate black culture? Honest question?

Rasheed1
01-23-2014, 07:20 PM
These kids obvisiouly seem suspect and like morons, but what would be a fun innocent non offensive way to celebrate black culture? Honest question?

probably having people show up as personalities in black culture… NO BLACKFACE… NO STEREOTYPICAL STUFF (like watermelon cups)

They could wear an afro like Doctor J or cornrows like Iverson with the proper jersey on..

as long as it isn't meant to mock the culture, it should be fine

Norcaliblunt
01-23-2014, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=Rasheed1]probably having people show up as personalities in black culture

Rasheed1
01-23-2014, 07:44 PM
it is an old racist trope about blacks (sambos) only eating watermelon

longtime lurker
01-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Fraternities (depending on which one you join) are powerful organizations.. They can give you connections and an advantage when you leave college and enter your career..

they can have a very positive effect on the community, and do a lot of great things

This situation is the flip side of the positive things that frats and sororities can bring.. Sometimes the fighting and the hazing, and the partying hurts the image of the campus they are on and the school can shut them down if they get out of control

This. Let these little shitheads see that there are consequences for their actions. People like this are cowards, they feel comfortable pulling this racist stuff when they're surrounded by like morons, but they wouldn't have the balls to do it at a party where the majority are black people. Seems like the frat has been doing stupid shit even before this. If they get expelled well fvck em

Norcaliblunt
01-23-2014, 08:04 PM
It's something that's so retarded IDK how you can even be offended by it. Mocking people for eating watermelon like its a bad thing? The food stereotype stuff trips me out from both sides.Those mocking people for eating certain things in some racial context are just stupid, and those butthurt by it are stressing over some petty BS they should just be proud about.

That said honky's can be some ****ed up people when blinded by racial hatred.

QUIZZLE
01-24-2014, 03:06 AM
http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/12020141823140.png

NuggetsFan
01-24-2014, 05:16 AM
Stupid and immature but it's a college so what else do people expect? insensitive for sure and the whole watermelon thing is probably crossing the line. Basketball jerseys and gang signs tho? Blame the idiots who started gangs, and obviously it was aimed at black people but how the hell is wearing an NBA jersey offensive? It's '14 everybody mocks every race, sex, type of person. People make rape jokes and cancer jokes :confusedshrug:

Kids should get a reasonable punishment. Even the watermelon thing? There young. They probably haven't experienced real racism so there ignorant towards it. I'm 22 and have never encountered a legitimately racist situation, insensitive and ignorant situations such as something like this but not like full blown craziness that an older black male/person in general would have.

Just like 40 years from now the younger generation will be even more insensitive and by than the younger black folk probably won't care.

Kids need to be taught to stop being so insensitive and ignorant. Answer for that isn't taking away there education or frat, that actually seems like the worst possible thing for it :lol

NuggetsFan
01-24-2014, 05:39 AM
Are you white, NuggetsFan?

Yup and admittedly can be a little insensitive towards shit like this. Those kids were just stupid and probably thought it was going be hilarious. It wasn't, and it was obviously offensive. Nobody got hurt tho, crazy talk to remove them from school.

Movies, TV, youtube, comedy in general etc. have probably numbed me the point than as long as the intentions aren't hateful, nobody gets hurt, some people laugh than I blow it off. Obviously black people have it harder but immature stupid shit like this? Tons of races are mocked in similar fashion, women, gay people etc.

Not to justify there actions tho. Watermelon cups is too much. Even if they are younger. Basketball jerseys and gang signs just seems like poking fun at hip hop culture on MLK day, watermelon thing kinda hurtful. I imagine, I wouldn't know. Probably more hurtful to be a 75 year old black dude to see that kinda shit.

NuggetsFan
01-24-2014, 06:00 AM
I'm around your age and have felt racism

Just meant like shit back in the day, never seen that. Never seen somebody forced to the back of the bus or beaten without justice because of their race, sure the latter happens frequently in some places still. Just never been right there when it was happening to say I experienced it. Never been in a class room where people make fun of black people for eating watermelon. Only reason I know that exists is from what I've learned from history and comedic stereotypes.

Not saying it doesn't exist but at school nowadays or in a bar if somebody hates black people there not coming right out with it because if they did they'd be waaaay outnumbered and tore apart. Atleast in MY experience, I'm sure there are some people who aren't white who feel entirely differently :lol

NuggetsFan
01-24-2014, 06:06 AM
Scratch that. I've experienced legit racism on the internet :lol

oarabbus
01-24-2014, 06:08 AM
I'm about that age too and I've experienced some low key racism, but I'm not black. I'm also not white, nor am I asian. I've had someone say "do you know what country you're in" to me and I've heard some racist remarks about skin color. The country comment kind of pissed me off just at the time but none of that really cut deep.

I have dark skin (compared to caucasians) and - this one is a real mindfvck for me - I've been stopped multiple times by cops while driving late at night (following all speed limits, road rules) as well as while walking around on foot, and also biking, several times. This always happens late at night. The ****ed up part is that the cops' demeanor has changed every time as they've gotten up close to me/shined their light on me, and I've literally seen the cops' expression and physical stance change in front of my eyes - and my interpretation of this is that they assumed I was black and did a double take when they realized I wasn't. It would make me angry that the cops did this, then confused, was I being racist myself for being angry at what happened? Would this have happened if I had white skin? How angry would I be if I were black? Should I be upset or not?

There's a lot of subtle racism (and not-so-subtle) you experience when you aren't white and obviously it's much worse if you are black (not that I would know), and I know I haven't experienced sh1t compared to what other people have experienced. I hope this isn't coming off as patronizing to either black or white people btw, but it is an experience that has happened to me somewhat consistently, more than a handful of times over the past 5 or so years.

Anyway doing this on MLK day is in really bad taste though. Regardless of whether they're young or not they should know better than to have done that. Keeping racism taboo and bottled up doesn't help, having a black stereotype party on MLK day... come on.

The frat mentality just lends itself to this kind of thing, though.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/187cyi55vujdljpg.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_racist_asian_rager_nt_130206_wblog.jpg

I think if these parties just avoided singling out a particular ethnic group (or on a day important to a particular group) it would be much less hurtful and there would be less outrage

Budadiiii
01-24-2014, 07:01 AM
Being white is great.

ALBballer
01-24-2014, 10:26 AM
:confusedshrug: I don't really have any opinion on that.. These black activists aren't in control as far as what punishment this frat gets.. The university is. Activist groups generally will come and suggest punishments, and remedies for problems, but that doesn't mean the university is obligated to follow their advice. I personally wouldn't expel them over it, but the sanctions would be tougher then what they got the last time they f*cked up and got in trouble

These organizations are like other interest groups in theory. They have power to pressure the school, and the punishment they are suggesting are out of the norm.

Otherwise I agree with what you said.

Nice sexist comment by objecting the girl as a sex object.

ALBballer
01-24-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm about that age too and I've experienced some low key racism, but I'm not black. I'm also not white, nor am I asian. I've had someone say "do you know what country you're in" to me and I've heard some racist remarks about skin color. The country comment kind of pissed me off just at the time but none of that really cut deep.

I have dark skin (compared to caucasians) and - this one is a real mindfvck for me - I've been stopped multiple times by cops while driving late at night (following all speed limits, road rules) as well as while walking around on foot, and also biking, several times. This always happens late at night. The ****ed up part is that the cops' demeanor has changed every time as they've gotten up close to me/shined their light on me, and I've literally seen the cops' expression and physical stance change in front of my eyes - and my interpretation of this is that they assumed I was black and did a double take when they realized I wasn't. It would make me angry that the cops did this, then confused, was I being racist myself for being angry at what happened? Would this have happened if I had white skin? How angry would I be if I were black? Should I be upset or not?

There's a lot of subtle racism (and not-so-subtle) you experience when you aren't white and obviously it's much worse if you are black (not that I would know), and I know I haven't experienced sh1t compared to what other people have experienced. I hope this isn't coming off as patronizing to either black or white people btw, but it is an experience that has happened to me somewhat consistently, more than a handful of times over the past 5 or so years.

Anyway doing this on MLK day is in really bad taste though. Regardless of whether they're young or not they should know better than to have done that. Keeping racism taboo and bottled up doesn't help, having a black stereotype party on MLK day... come on.

The frat mentality just lends itself to this kind of thing, though.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/187cyi55vujdljpg.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_racist_asian_rager_nt_130206_wblog.jpg

I think if these parties just avoided singling out a particular ethnic group (or on a day important to a particular group) it would be much less hurtful and there would be less outrage

These are harmless themed parties done by college kids. If these kids were celebrating an Octoberfest themed party and dressed in traditional german outfits and speaking in heavy German Arnold Schwarzenegger accents no one would blink an eye. Or if it was a St Patty day party and were dressed in green and leprechauns and irish dancing and speaking in heavy Irish accents no one would care.

If you think the above is "racist" I wonder if you have the same view of an Asian person celebrating St Patty day in the stereotypical manner or a Mexican celebrating Octoberfest in the same manner.

dude77
01-24-2014, 10:35 AM
sounds like innocent fun .. bunch of gay sensitive fggts in this thread ..

get back to me when they're going around randomly sucker punching and knocking out unsuspecting people on the streets

MightyWhitey
01-24-2014, 10:42 AM

You shouldn't be upset. I was pulled over numerous times late at night for no reason at all by police. I don't hold a grudge against them. They have a job to do that is quite frankly frightening and difficult on so many levels. Just because you're not white doesn't mean they were racially profiling you.

MightyWhitey
01-24-2014, 10:43 AM
sounds like innocent fun .. bunch of gay sensitive fggts in this thread ..

get back to me when they're going around randomly sucker punching and knocking out unsuspecting people on the streets
:applause:

MightyWhitey
01-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Nothing racist about "will mow lawn for weed" :rolleyes:Are you a Maple Leafs fan?

ALBballer
01-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Nothing racist about "will mow lawn for weed" :rolleyes:

Is it racist when people act like all Irish people are drunkards and play on the stereotype during St Patty's day?

MightyWhitey
01-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Is that relevant?
Sure it is.

Budadiiii
01-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Is that relevant?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Sa-JiVVsTfY/UBBceI2EiKI/AAAAAAAABho/7RMsEmI6QOg/s1600/photo%252810%2529.JPG

PistonsFan#21
01-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Are you a Maple Leafs fan?

If you dont live inToronto then your opinion about the Maple Leafs and their fans is nil

oarabbus
01-24-2014, 05:28 PM
You shouldn't be upset. I was pulled over numerous times late at night for no reason at all by police. I don't hold a grudge against them. They have a job to do that is quite frankly frightening and difficult on so many levels. Just because you're not white doesn't mean they were racially profiling you.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I don't hold a grudge against the cops and I wasn't being upset at being pulled over. I know that happens to everyone from the most translucent gingers to the darkest black people. What I felt off about was that the cops body language and demeanor changed once they got a good look at me (when realizing I wasn't black). Was that my own racist tendencies unfairly judging the cops or did that really happen? I can only imagine the different approach I'd get if I were 6'4" and black. It's happened enough times for me to think it's the latter, I'm not imagining it and they really are treating me different in a beneficial way. They literally "soften up" and relax when they get a closer look.

Is it racist when people act like all Irish people are drunkards and play on the stereotype during St Patty's day?

Not a good example. People wear green on St. Patrick's and get really drunk, that's all they do. People get drunk on Cinco de Mayo too. People get drunk on Veteran's day. People just like to get drunk, man.

What if they had a nutrition-devoid "Potato Famine Party" on St. Patricks day? That would be a bit suspect, wouldn't it? And come on, that first pic is clearly playing on "lazy mexican" stereotypes. Yes, those stereotypes are hurtful to hispanic people. Especially the hispanic people whos parents broke their back helping their kid get into college and take on a mountain of debt. Is it just innocent they-don't-know-better fun and games if a frat throws a "Gas Chamber Rave" with smoke machines? If not why is it not OK to make fun of Jewish people according to you but people need to be less sensitive about the "MLK rager" etc? The line has to be drawn somewhere, unfortunately.

Look, I'm not saying I'm not racist. I'm racist. I make fvked up racist jokes, laugh at them, and I'm sure you do too.There is no problem if individual people are racist, really, it's just a fact of life. But when an organization - or someone in a position of power (which organizations have) - condones racist activity it's just a bad look. Especially during a sensitive day like MLK Jr Day.

The subject line of the e-mail, which Cebull sent from his official courthouse e-mail address on Feb. 20 at 3:42 p.m., reads: “A MOM’S MEMORY.”

The forwarded text reads as follow:

“Normally I don’t send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read this. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine.

“A little boy said to his mother; ‘Mommy, how come I’m black and you’re white?’ ” the e-mail joke reads. “His mother replied, ‘Don’t even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you’re lucky you don’t bark!’ “

**** like that just shouldn't fly. And let me know when you have federal district judges making jokes like that about Irish people, then it might be comparable.

longtime lurker
01-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I don't hold a grudge against the cops and I wasn't being upset at being pulled over. I know that happens to everyone from the most translucent gingers to the darkest black people. What I felt off about was that the cops body language and demeanor changed once they got a good look at me (when realizing I wasn't black). Was that my own racist tendencies unfairly judging the cops or did that really happen? I can only imagine the different approach I'd get if I were 6'4" and black. It's happened enough times for me to think it's the latter, I'm not imagining it and they really are treating me different in a beneficial way. They literally "soften up" and relax when they get a closer look.

Naw you definitely got racially profiled bro.

Bandito
01-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Why don't black people retaliate and make fun of the white people and leave at that. Americans sure like to over complicate things...

oarabbus
01-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Why don't black people retaliate and make fun of the white people and leave at that. Americans sure like to over complicate things...

Haha yeah why didn't anyone think of that, maybe white people could become slaves for a couple generations and they could call it even :rolleyes:

And us stupid Americans really like to overcomplicate racial issues...

In an Italian soccer stadium, a game turns ugly when a white player calls his opponent "a black monkey."

Some of the fans are notorious. You can hear them boo or grunt when the other team's black players touch the ball. At one match, fans waved a banner that said their opponent's Jewish fans belonged in Auschwitz.

There are Italian fans who racially taunt their own team's players. When one team brought in a black substitute, its fans chanted, "We don't want the [Negro]."

When the French won the World Cup, one politician branded the team "unworthy" of France because so many of the players were non-Whites.

There was a shocking episode in Poland this year. Fans pelted a Nigerian player with bananas, called him a monkey, and then laughed at him. There have been incidents across Europe in countries that, like Italy, are unaccustomed to immigrants from other parts of the world.

:facepalm

Balla_Status
01-24-2014, 09:39 PM
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o544/moneysopretty/i-hate-tacos-said-no-juan-ever-1_zps73d5b1a7.jpg

Balla_Status
01-24-2014, 09:44 PM

Agreed. Americans are way over emotional about things and care way too much.

knickballer
01-24-2014, 09:44 PM

They do and everyone pretty much makes fun of white people but white people don't really get offended by it and usually laugh with it and admit the stereotype.

ballup
01-24-2014, 09:53 PM
The demands are hilariouly ridiculous. :lol:

Budadiiii
01-24-2014, 09:55 PM
They do and everyone pretty much makes fun of white people but white people don't really get offended by it and usually laugh with it and admit the stereotype.
Pretty much.

HardwoodLegend
01-24-2014, 09:57 PM

It's the history behind the stereotypes and the motivation behind their usage that may make one group more sensitive than the other. Please tell me you understand this basic concept.