PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter gets booed by Toronto crowd, immediately dunks on DeRozan

Inferno
01-22-2014, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue7gqEj2A0I

:applause:

christian1923
01-22-2014, 10:38 PM
damn that was gangsta:bowdown: :applause:

moe94
01-22-2014, 10:39 PM
10 years later, we still mad.

TheReal Kendall
01-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Crowd better keep quiet :lol

JohnFreeman
01-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Damn. What was the whole reason for him leaving the way he did? Money?

J Shuttlesworth
01-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Nothing better than when a single player silences a crowd

JimmyMcAdocious
01-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Vince be like

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/02/iRGEN2NuKeiJV.gif

Toronto fans = Wall

rknine15
01-22-2014, 10:44 PM
VC the best player when booed :bowdown:

red1
01-22-2014, 10:50 PM
demar 40 points doe :pimp:

rknine15
01-22-2014, 10:52 PM
my favorite shot of all time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWxYCyijHps

Rake2204
01-22-2014, 10:54 PM
Damn. What was the whole reason for him leaving the way he did? Money?As always, a biased Carter fan's perspective here: he was looking for the team to focus on winning. The Raptors had burned through four coaches in six years. They apparently stressed a commitment to winning to Vince Carter and vowed to pursue big-time free agents (such as Steve Nash) but instead ended up with Rafer Alston and the drafting Rafael Araujo as a lottery pick. Then the new GM, shortly after being hired, said, "we are not really worried about how many wins we get right away, or whether we make the playoffs within the first year or two." Then Carter and his fourth coach (Sam Mitchell) seemed to butt heads, with Vince being benched in the fourth quarter during numerous games.

Later, after being traded, when asked in an interview if there were times where Carter didn't give 100%, he said there were, because his talent often allowed him to succeed regardless. He stated injuries led him to re-evaluating that approach, leading to a re-newed approach, where he was no longer able to succeed as readily off his talent, and needed to commit to working harder. I think this was taken by fans as an admittance that he never cared nor worked.

avonbarksdale
01-22-2014, 10:54 PM
theres a pretty good special on sportsnet right now where vince is talking about why he left etc

IncarceratedBob
01-22-2014, 10:55 PM
He carried a 400 pound Jason Kidd with one arm for like a minute. Very strong man

AngelEyes
01-22-2014, 10:56 PM
They're still booing him? Let that shit go already.

ispin69
01-22-2014, 11:20 PM
:applause: :bowdown:

longtime lurker
01-22-2014, 11:21 PM

He was a complete bitch.

STATUTORY
01-22-2014, 11:22 PM

damn air canada's still got lot left in the fuel tank

i guess that's what happens when you conserve energy in your 20s and never make any extended playoff run

JohnFreeman
01-22-2014, 11:24 PM
As always, a biased Carter fan's perspective here: he was looking for the team to focus on winning. The Raptors had burned through four coaches in six years. They apparently stressed a commitment to winning to Vince Carter and vowed to pursue big-time free agents (such as Steve Nash) but instead ended up with Rafer Alston and the drafting Rafael Araujo as a lottery pick. Then the new GM, shortly after being hired, said, "we are not really worried about how many wins we get right away, or whether we make the playoffs within the first year or two." Then Carter and his fourth coach (Sam Mitchell) seemed to butt heads, with Vince being benched in the fourth quarter during numerous games.

Later, after being traded, when asked in an interview if there were times where Carter didn't give 100%, he said there were, because his talent often allowed him to succeed regardless. He stated injuries led him to re-evaluating that approach, leading to a re-newed approach, where he was no longer able to succeed as readily off his talent, and needed to commit to working harder. I think this was taken by fans as an admittance that he never cared nor worked.
Great post. Thanks :cheers:

cos88
01-22-2014, 11:24 PM
how is this garbage still in the league.

a cancer http://youtu.be/kcTHP2K1ZWY?t=3m35s

Noob Saibot
01-22-2014, 11:29 PM
what a butthurt organization.

SamuraiSWISH
01-22-2014, 11:34 PM
Damn he alpha'd the hell out of Derozan. T dot needs to let go of it already. VC was a coward, and did them wrong but 2004 was 10 years ago. Still so salty to this day. They've had nothing to cheer for though since Bosh left. Poor franchise.

It's A VC3!!!
01-22-2014, 11:35 PM
The anger is shocking. 12 years later and fans are still booing? However, there were a lot of fans in Carter jerseys in that arena tonight. Fans need to move on. VC wanted a good team and the Raptors management during that time never gave one to him. Raptors would have went to the ECF with T-Mac but he is the one Raptors should boo. He's still so damn popular there though. After the game there was a one hour special on the glory of Vince Carter premiering. There were also a lot of reporters crowing VC, more than any other player.

GOBB
01-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Best dunker of all time. :bowdown:

I will say tho if you watch Derozen defense on him. If he is allowed to hand check he probably doesn't get dunked on. He kind of let Vince get to the rim without any physical contact. Now an old Vince would have finished with the flush regardless. Old Vince you could have denied the poster I think.

robert de niro
01-22-2014, 11:51 PM
damn Toronto still salty?

absalom
01-22-2014, 11:55 PM
I think there was a campaign by the fans so that Vince could participate in the Slam Dunk Contest.

lpublic_enemyl
01-22-2014, 11:57 PM
was at the game and that was a monster slam:bowdown: demar dropped 40 too good night!!!

BlazerRed
01-22-2014, 11:57 PM
He carried a 400 pound Jason Kidd with one arm for like a minute. Very strong man
:coleman:

Legends66NBA7
01-23-2014, 12:46 AM
I was at the game too and was hyped when that happened. Although, I think I head a lot more cheers when he dunked the ball.

Story I wanted to share, when I was watching the pre-game report, Leo Rautins was telling the fans to "let it go with Vince" and then went on to talk about how much Jose and Vince meant to the franchise.... then their show got cut off and it went to the music.

:wtf:

I'm thinking... did someone do that on purpose so that the announcers wouldn't say anything nice about Vince ? It's a conspiracy, man.

was at the game and that was a monster slam:bowdown: demar dropped 40 too good night!!!

Nice, which level ? I was up at 310.

Heisenberg
01-23-2014, 12:47 AM
why are they booing him?

Legends66NBA7
01-23-2014, 12:49 AM
why are they booing him?

Eh, just the usual treatment.

:hammerhead:

BurningHammer
01-23-2014, 01:33 AM
It took more than 10 years for Toronto pro wrestling fans to stop booing Shawn Michaels for what he did to Bret Hart.

The same logic can be applied to Toronto basketball fans top stop booing Vince Carter for what he did to them.

Plus, hating is fun! Ask ISH trolls and *EnterNBASuperstarHere*tards for that! :oldlol:

L8kersfan222
01-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Wheres red1 at? :lol

Soundwave
01-23-2014, 05:12 AM
Canadian sports fans are hardcore, they will boo him until the end of time, lol.

The Raptors should honestly look at reacquiring him, I think he'd be a decent vet for their rotation if they're going into the playoffs anyway and it would let him end his career full circle.

T.O.RapsJays
01-23-2014, 05:12 AM
Eh, just the usual treatment.

:hammerhead:

I get booing VC, but did they boo Calderon also? If so :facepalm

moe94
01-23-2014, 05:16 AM

I'd stop repping Toronto forever if that ever happened.

Legends66NBA7
01-23-2014, 05:32 AM

Nah, they cheered him. Should have cheered both.

Boo clowns like Hedo.

T.O.RapsJays
01-23-2014, 05:38 AM
Nah, they cheered him. Should have cheered both.

Boo clowns like Hedo.

At this point booing Carter is tradition, props to cheering Jose though :cheers:

moe94
01-23-2014, 05:40 AM
Cheer Carter? Are you nuts?

East_Stone_Ya
01-23-2014, 05:53 AM
As always, a biased Carter fan's perspective here: he was looking for the team to focus on winning. The Raptors had burned through four coaches in six years. They apparently stressed a commitment to winning to Vince Carter and vowed to pursue big-time free agents (such as Steve Nash) but instead ended up with Rafer Alston and the drafting Rafael Araujo as a lottery pick. Then the new GM, shortly after being hired, said, "we are not really worried about how many wins we get right away, or whether we make the playoffs within the first year or two." Then Carter and his fourth coach (Sam Mitchell) seemed to butt heads, with Vince being benched in the fourth quarter during numerous games.

i remember when he went to a Nelly concert while being injured..that felt like betrayal to most Raptors fans

MMM
01-23-2014, 06:03 AM
VC was a bitch but the year after year of failure shows VC was in the right. The Management was a joke, i mean look at what they got for him. That had to be one of the worst trades ever. Eric and Arron Williams even at their peaks were replacement level players.

AirFederer
01-23-2014, 06:11 AM
Like a boss :pimp:

absalom
01-23-2014, 07:22 AM
the drafting Rafael Araujo as a lottery pick.

Ah yes, the immortal Araujo. He's one of the biggest foreign busts in the NBA. He was even outplayed by Fesenko in Utah.:facepalm

D-FENS
01-23-2014, 07:54 AM

He was a bitch. He wanted to be traded after we drafted Araujo and signing Alston to that horrible contract.

He started coasting in games, jogging down the court, giving away team plays to the opposition, purposely missing free throws (look at his percentage drop and then pick up) and faking injury.
He also admitted to not trying.

Would you want to root for the guy?

We have a pretty poor basketball history here, but we are still a proud and loyal fan base. We are coming out of the horrible Colangelo era still, and this team won't have a real identity for another couple of years. Once we become a good team that the city can all get behind, Vince will still be booed. He's going to be retired before it stops, but it will eventually once we forget, but there will always be a smattering of boos when he's in the ACC

ImKobe
01-23-2014, 08:01 AM
He was a bitch. He wanted to be traded after we drafted Araujo and signing Alston to that horrible contract.

He started coasting in games, jogging down the court, giving away team plays to the opposition, purposely missing free throws (look at his percentage drop and then pick up) and faking injury.

Would you want to root for the guy?

We have a pretty poor basketball history here, but we are still a proud and loyal fan base. We are coming out of the horrible Colangelo era still, and this team won't have a real identity for another couple of years. Once we become a good team that the city can all get behind, Vince will still be booed. He's going to be retired before it stops, but it will eventually once we forget, but there will always be a smattering of boos when he's in the ACC

He also bodyslammed the coach.

lpublic_enemyl
01-23-2014, 08:21 AM
I was at the game too and was hyped when that happened. Although, I think I head a lot more cheers when he dunked the ball.

Story I wanted to share, when I was watching the pre-game report, Leo Rautins was telling the fans to "let it go with Vince" and then went on to talk about how much Jose and Vince meant to the franchise.... then their show got cut off and it went to the music.

:wtf:

I'm thinking... did someone do that on purpose so that the announcers wouldn't say anything nice about Vince ? It's a conspiracy, man.

Nice, which level ? I was up at 310.

117 the drake zone seats.

kaiteng
01-23-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm still curious why Toronto media are all the sudden trying to convince fans to bury the hatchet with Vince. As long as he is still playing he will still be booed. They can make it up later when he retires ala Roberto Alomar.

Bcogswell
01-23-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't get the point of booing him.

D-FENS
01-23-2014, 01:19 PM
He also bodyslammed the coach.

It was Sam Mitchell, I don't blame him.

Doctor Jay
01-23-2014, 01:35 PM
:bowdown:

Air Canada my ass

red1
01-23-2014, 01:37 PM
I don't get the point of booing him.
because it is fun? :lol

Bcogswell
01-23-2014, 01:40 PM
because it is fun? :lol

I'd rather boo the shit players like Hedo or Bargnani :confusedshrug:

TheWatcher2
01-23-2014, 01:46 PM
I'm still curious why Toronto media are all the sudden trying to convince fans to bury the hatchet with Vince. As long as he is still playing he will still be booed. They can make it up later when he retires ala Roberto Alomar.

+1

big lol@ leo rautins
id rather hear the sound of fingernails scraping a chaulkboard than listen to that goof spew his nonsense on any matters involving basketball!

red1
01-23-2014, 01:53 PM
lol. Booing vc is more fun because he actually responds with some gangster shit every time meanwhile bargnani will just space out and give that blank stare. Would rather have my blood pressure go up instead of waste my breath on spaghetti and meatballs emotionless half-dead fggt-ass

Marlo_Stanfield
01-23-2014, 01:58 PM
i want Vince on the Heat next year. :applause: :bowdown:
trade Bosh for Asik,Vince and some decent defensive shooting guard with good 3 pter and let him and Wade lead a hungry bench mob:rockon:
that way hell finally get his well deserved ring

TheWatcher2
01-23-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: booing bargniani

I don"t get the logic behind this one. And by contrast it shows why one receives the hostility he does and the other not deserving in the least. Bargniani was just bad: (No one will ever go to bat for him-much less assign them in their top 5-10 raps of all time) However that's an issue having to do with lack of talent, amongst other things the fact is he simply was not a dislikeable figure personality wise. Granted he didn't possess and redeeming character traits perhaps to appeal to the fan base, he and Carter are nothing alike as it pertains to the public eye here. Hedo, lol on the otherhand is/was/and always will be that public enemy and rightfully so. Regardless if the signing was just awful. (who in turn management should shoulder some of that blame)

Cliffs:The organization has poor history as mentioned earlier ITT

Bcogswell
01-23-2014, 02:03 PM
I understand that their is more of a reaction from booing Vince, but I don't care about that. I would boo a player because they were shit, held the team back, or I simply don't like them.

Yeah a lot of the faults with players were not because of their own capabilities but because of the roles and contracts they were thrown into by management, but I don't see BC attending Raptors games anytime soon so its not like we can boo him.

And yes Bargnani definitely had a very dislikable personality.

D-FENS
01-23-2014, 02:11 PM

That is fun, too.
I was at this game a few years ago:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201001100TOR.html

I heckled Hedo all game from close to the Raps bench, he was playing so poorly. People told me to leave him alone around me. Eventually when he came off the court, my whole area was ripping him.... he walked off the court with his head down. Best interactive NBA experience for me yet.

red1
01-23-2014, 02:14 PM
That is fun, too.
I was at this game a few years ago:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201001100TOR.html

I heckled Hedo all game from close to the Raps bench, he was playing so poorly. People told me to leave him alone around me. Eventually when he came off the court, my whole area was ripping him.... he walked off the court with his head down. Best interactive NBA experience for me yet.
:roll:

Legends66NBA7
01-23-2014, 03:45 PM
At this point booing Carter is tradition, props to cheering Jose though :cheers:

I get the tradition, but really it's a 2 way street with management/ownership and players. Babcock clearly didn't want Vince in the fold.

Cheer Carter? Are you nuts?

Lot of fans cheered when he dunked on DeMar. The only reason of booing is because he's gone from the squad and turned out to be our best player. The reasoning of the booing to this day is still massive exaggeration.

Plus, I'll always remember Vince doing more good for the city than he did wrong. Both on and off the court. Even though I never liked Chris Bosh, I never would boo the man.

He wanted to be traded after we drafted Araujo and signing Alston to that horrible contract.

Vince himself, Sam Mitchell... both said that he wanted to stay. Babcock said they were looking for picks over wins.

And the Araujo drafting ? I think a lot of players would have cussed the shit out of their management for making one of the worst picks of all-time. Even Babcock said the pick was a mistake. :oldlol:

The Alston signing wasn't good, since both Vince and Alston needed the ball in their hands. Vince actually wanted Nash to come to Toronto.

Missed free throws on purpose ? Yeah, I don't recall this. When did these happen ? He couldn't have just have been in a slump ? That play against Seattle was never proven either. The not trying part was also misinterpreted, as Rake already brought that up in this thread.

117 the drake zone seats.

Cool. Had a friend in that zone too.

Their probably hinting that he's making a return to the team. There's also a marketing ploy behind it too.

RE: booing bargniani

I don"t get the logic behind this one. And by contrast it shows why one receives the hostility he does and the other not deserving in the least. Bargniani was just bad: (No one will ever go to bat for him-much less assign them in their top 5-10 raps of all time) However that's an issue having to do with lack of talent, amongst other things the fact is he simply was not a dislikeable figure personality wise. Granted he didn't possess and redeeming character traits perhaps to appeal to the fan base, he and Carter are nothing alike as it pertains to the public eye here. Hedo, lol on the otherhand is/was/and always will be that public enemy and rightfully so. Regardless if the signing was just awful. (who in turn management should shoulder some of that blame)

Cliffs:The organization has poor history as mentioned earlier ITT

I agree, 100%. It's really no different from the Vince situation. The team didn't want to build a true contender around him. He was trying to lobby for players, like Steve Nash, but got Rafer Alston instead.

Hedo will always be the most despised in my eyes. Even though Bargnani never lived up to the potential, I've never felt reason to boo him. I felt people were actually were booing Colangelo through booing Bargs.

ArbitraryWater
01-23-2014, 04:23 PM

That was sick haha, he had two huge games there, i think both with gw's.

Legends66NBA7
01-23-2014, 04:26 PM
That was sick haha, he had two huge games there, i think both with gw's.

Yeah, the other one was a game winning reverse dunk. Only Vince can pull off game winner's like that and even more salt on the wounds that it comes against the Raptors.

Smoke117
01-23-2014, 05:37 PM
why are they booing him?

Not a lot to cheer or boo for as a Raptors fan...so they are still salty over Vince leaving almost 10 years ago. It's pretty pathetic really.

CavaliersFTW
01-23-2014, 05:47 PM
old man strength :bowdown:

red1
01-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Not a lot to cheer or boo for as a Raptors fan...so they are still salty over Vince leaving almost 10 years ago. It's pretty pathetic really.
We don't really hate Vince. We just think he acted like a baby. He is an athlete who was being paid millions to play a sport yet he didn't do his job to the best of his ability and thus let a lot of fans his fans down. He matured since then and admit that he didn't try his hardest and we were a shit team then so I don't think anyone is TOO bitter at this point. He still has a huge fan following here and no one will deny that he put on for us like few athletes ever so in that sense he is still a legend

kaiteng
01-23-2014, 06:08 PM
That one was after he indirectly ejected Mo Peterson after Vince lightly slapped Mo's face then Mo slapped back when a ref only saw the latter.

Mo Pete usually the one who covered Vince. Jose Calderon had to instead on that shot and he certainly unmatched.

Jasper
01-24-2014, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue7gqEj2A0I

I was not one of them , but Vince was not a player to carry a team .. He would of been best in his prie as a 2nd option or third option.
The Nets teams he was on , were special driven by a great PG.

Any case I commend VC , because aged knee's and some operations , he tweaked his game to play as a role player.
But some of his games this early season , were really significant for Dallas.
He embraced his role , but most importantly his love of the game and being a true professional is something to admire.

To bad he didn't get a ring.

DStebb716
01-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Still the best of all time