PDA

View Full Version : Realistic chance that LeBron James leave the Heat?

razzredazzre
01-23-2014, 01:25 AM
LeBron opened up his mouth saying it's hard to get in rhythm when Dwyane is in and out due to injuries.

All of this making Stephen A. Smith saying, LeBron can possibly leave the Heat if Dwyane can't stay healthy and lose to the Pacers. Apparently, Tim Grover went to Miami to work out with Dwyane.

Let's be real, athletes with constant knee issues are going to have constant knee issues and it's not like D Wade is young either.

If D Wade is out, Heat still have Pat Riley and Chris Bosh but Bosh is no D Wade and LBJ is going to be a FA soon.

So with all this said,

A) If the Heat loses this year, chances of LBJ leaving the Heat? If so to where?
B) If the Heat miraculously wins again, which will be 4 consecutive
trip to the finals and a 3-peat, chances of LBJ staying with the Heat?

Smook A.
01-23-2014, 01:30 AM
99% he stay with heat. 1% he goes to Cleveland. 0% for all the other teams. He won 2 mvps and 2 championships with Miami. Why would he leave

cos88
01-23-2014, 01:32 AM
A) If the Heat loses this year, chances of LBJ leaving the Heat? If so to where?

if he wins of course there are bigger chances for him to stay.

in % i'll say A) 80% and B) 100% this year or next for both.

Zyzz
01-23-2014, 01:33 AM
I predict he'll strengthen his legacy with further collusion with other all-stars in a nationally televised special called "The Conclusion"

razzredazzre
01-23-2014, 01:34 AM
I predict he'll strengthen his legacy with further collusion with other all-stars in a nationally televised special called "The Conclusion"

:roll:

ripthekik
01-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Huge chance he joins the thunders.

razzredazzre
01-23-2014, 01:35 AM

if he wins of course there are bigger chances for him to stay.

in % i'll say A) 80% and B) 100% this year or next for both.

Wow, 80%? So to Cleveland with Kyrie Irving?

Rose'sACL
01-23-2014, 01:36 AM
More than 90% chance is that he stays. He actually might leave for wade. Wade might tell him that he wants one last big contract which makes it hard for heat to keep the big 3.
They are good friends and might do what is best for them.

secund2nun
01-23-2014, 01:37 AM
With Wade's health problems I feel he will leave Miami. Miami will be very limited with their roster because they will have a banged up aging Wade getting paid max money. I get the same feeling now that I did leading up to the 2010 free agency period. Lebron has had the chance to claim he is gonna stay in Miami, but has failed to do it just like he did with Cleveland in 2010. That's a telling sign. Even if he does return to Miami like trying to go for a 4 peat I believe he will just opt in for another year and then leave in 2015, but I think he leaves even if they 3 peat.

razzredazzre
More than 90% chance is that he stays. He actually might leave for wade. Wade might tell him that he wants one last big contract which makes it hard for heat to keep the big 3.
They are good friends and might do what is best for them.

Why would the Heat give him one last big contract, if his knees are about to explode like Skittles?

knicksman
100% of joining houston. Hes not winning this year

Mr.Kite
01-23-2014, 01:38 AM
After losing to the pacers this year in May, Lebron will ask george permission to join the team.

secund2nun
01-23-2014, 01:43 AM
Why would the Heat give him one last big contract, if his knees are about to explode like Skittles?

Miami is very loyal to its players, which isn't always the best thing to do. Even the 49ers cut ties with Joe Montana eventually.

Also Wade can opt in and get paid 42 million over the next 2 seasons...so he would only opt out if they can give him a contract for more than 42 million. I'd imagine he would require at least a 3 year 50 million dollar contract to opt out of his current deal.

ripthekik
01-23-2014, 01:45 AM
Seems like every NBA fan here fully understand lebron.. his decision is based on ring-chasing :roll: :roll: :roll:

russwest0
01-23-2014, 01:57 AM
Huge chance he joins the thunders.

Durant wouldn't let that happen

Lebron23
01-23-2014, 02:02 AM
why do Kobetards pretends to be a fan of another teams?? LBJ already surpassed Kobe in his 10th NBA Season. An Injured and past his prime Wade is still the 2nd best guard in the east after John wall.

poido123
01-23-2014, 02:05 AM
With Wade's health problems I feel he will leave Miami. Miami will be very limited with their roster because they will have a banged up aging Wade getting paid max money. I get the same feeling now that I did leading up to the 2010 free agency period. Lebron has had the chance to claim he is gonna stay in Miami, but has failed to do it just like he did with Cleveland in 2010. That's a telling sign. Even if he does return to Miami like trying to go for a 4 peat I believe he will just opt in for another year and then leave in 2015, but I think he leaves even if they 3 peat.

So that means, you will no longer support Miami? :rolleyes:

Fire Colangelo
01-23-2014, 02:16 AM
I think they all stay, Riley is gonna keep drafting smart and make sure they're contenders next year and the year after that through FA.

El Gato Negro
01-23-2014, 02:17 AM
Bron headed for LA next year book it.

poido123
01-23-2014, 02:18 AM
I think Lebron will go.

Wade will tell Lebron to leave IMO.

J Shuttlesworth
01-23-2014, 02:18 AM
For what it's worth, SAS said LeBron is 50/50 between going to Cleveland or staying in MIA. Multiple sauces

TylerOO
01-23-2014, 02:22 AM
99% he stay with heat. 1% he goes to Cleveland. 0% for all the other teams. He won 2 mvps and 2 championships with Miami. Why would he leave

Cuz Wade is toast and the Heat organization is too ***** to get rid of him.

LeBron is G-O-N-E

secund2nun
01-23-2014, 02:24 AM
So that means, you will no longer support Miami? :rolleyes:

I never claimed to be a Miami fan. I have always been a Lebron fan. Now granted Miami is my local team so I will still casually root for them (except against Lebron's team if he leaves Miami).

ispin69
01-23-2014, 02:41 AM
I know SAS says MIA or CLE only but why not Dallas? If Wade opts in and doesn't take a paycut, they would just leave even if they are friends. It makes sense. Bosh is from Dallas. Sunny place, party in Dallas or Houston --- no cold CLE winters. Texas has no state tax like Florida so they would be more willing to take a paycut in these states rather than go back to Cleveland and get raped by state taxes.

Lebron and Bosh sign for 15 mil each like they did when they went to MIA. Next year's committed salary is only 26.5mil --- Dalembert team option (3.8 mil) obviously opt out. We're talking Mark Cuban here so he is willing to go over the luxury tax for quality players.

Dirk: He said he would take a paycut. I expect 10-12mil if no talent comes, but if Lebron/Bosh come I would see him making 8-10mil with a smile similar to what Duncan did.

Marion: Free agent making 9mil, would love for him to come back but if they get Lebron it would take all his minutes. Ask him to take vet min or let him walk which is fine. He'll probably find another team.

Vince Carter: Free agent making 3mil this year, at his age I would think he would resign for vet min or 2mil, or let him walk.

26.5 millon
+ 15 mil Lebron
+ 15 mil Bosh
= 56.5 mil
+ resign Dirk for 9 mil allowed to go over the cap to resign
= 65.5 mil
+ add any players that will come back for vet min to fill roster

You're taking about a team with:

-Dirk who is clutch and proven
-Monta Ellis playmaker/shooter
-Calderon high percentage PG
-B Wright backing up Dirk/CBosh
-Ellington with his spot up shooting 3's

MAYBE Dalembert, VC3, Marion resigning for vet min to add so much depth. Then you got a number of young guys making 1.5mil or less. Lebron and Bosh should consider this.

Lebron23
01-23-2014, 02:42 AM
if the season ends today the Heat would have the 25th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft. I hope they draft Super Fil-Am Jordan Clarkson.

http://www.komu.com/images/news/sports_jordan_clarkson.jpg

poido123
01-23-2014, 02:43 AM
I never claimed to be a Miami fan. I have always been a Lebron fan. Now granted Miami is my local team so I will still casually root for them (except against Lebron's team if he leaves Miami).

No worries, you have no beef from me. Least you're honest about it. :cheers:

Black and White
01-23-2014, 02:45 AM
The answer to this question is soley based on how much of a tie LeBron still has to Akron, regardless of location, home is always home for us, that is the biggest reason and most probably the deciding factor on what happens, has he achieved enough now? Is he ready to go back home?

SamuraiSWISH
01-23-2014, 02:48 AM
Anything is possible for a guy who is self serving, lacks loyalty, and has dipped out with a word in advance on high schools, hometown pro teams. It's always possible with LeBron. He has no allegiance to anyone but padding his reputation.

IncarceratedBob
This is how the offseason will play out.

After losing a tough ECF vs Indy, LeBron will tell Bosh to opt out so that the Heat can give him a way longer deal. Wade will opt out to get MORE money but also MORE years ( 3 years, 45 million)

Once Bosh opts out and Wade resigns for a lower AAV. LeBron will call Carmelo Anthony and tell him that they have a spot for him in South Beach. LeBron and Wade delete Bosh from their iPhone contacts and ignore his calls. LeBron and Carmelo both signs max deals for 5 years.

Pat Riley meets with Andrew Bynum and lites a fire under him

Mario Chalmers
Dwyane Wade
LeBron James
Carmelo Anthony
Andrew Bynum

And just like that the Miami Heat reload.

Rose'sACL
Lakers gave a big one to Kobe.

nerds
01-23-2014, 02:56 AM
What about Boston?

Lebron always talks respectfully of Rondo, and if the C's can add an additional superstar to its roster via its plethora of future picks what are the chances?

C Sullinger
F Kevin Love
F Lebron James
G Jeff Green
G Rondo

I may be dreaming, but stranger things have happened!

Never underestimate Danny Ainge

poido123
01-23-2014, 03:55 AM
Anything is possible for a guy who is self serving, lacks loyalty, and has dipped out with a word in advance on high schools, hometown pro teams. It's always possible with LeBron. He has no allegiance to anyone but padding his reputation.

If I was to become a super troll, I'd use edgy posts like this to create a stir.

Don't do em like that Swish :pimp:

miggyme1
01-23-2014, 04:43 AM
if melo wanted to join LeBron he would have in 2010. I think LeBron and melo are great friends but even better rivals. wade imo was always the MIDDLE man. he was cool with bron and melo but was never considered their rivals so it was easy for him to lure either bron or melo to Miami...he chose bron and the rest was history.

melo and bron have to much history imo to be playing with each other...they battled in hs....same draft...they been compared to each other since 2003 kinda like bird and magic were. in order for this rivalry to stay strong and go down as a REAL rivalry melo has to lead his OWN team past brons team and get a few rings.

I thought melo was going to make that happen when he went east to the knicks but so far its been all bad. cant blame melo tho...knicks have a lot of trade pieces. id easily do a stat,shump,and jr smith for derozan and amir Johnson..hell id trade Tyson chandler for asik.

but im not a gm

I<3NBA
01-23-2014, 04:48 AM
there's no reason for Lebron to leave Miami. the organization is well-run, has helped him win championships, and has helped him increase his net worth even more. if Cleveland wasn't so stupid in building a team around him, Lebron wouldn't have been forced to leave that shitty franchise. i genuinely believe Lebron loves Cleveland and would have stayed there had the organization been ran smartly. sadly, he was forced to leave because management there was so incompetent. he couldn't leave it to stupid GMs and a stupid owner to deliver his rings for him. he had to get it. he is a go-getter. so he went and got his rings.

some players tho prefer to demand that their rings be delivered to them on a silver platter. they will cry to the GM and wait for their rings to be delivered.

ripthekik
01-23-2014, 04:50 AM
there's no reason for Lebron to leave Miami. the organization is well-run, has helped him win championships, and has helped him increase his net worth even more. if Cleveland wasn't so stupid in building a team around him, Lebron wouldn't have been forced to leave that shitty franchise. i genuinely believe Lebron loves Cleveland and would have stayed there had the organization been ran smartly. sadly, he was forced to leave because management there was so incompetent. he couldn't leave it to stupid GMs and a stupid owner to deliver his rings for him. he had to get it. he is a go-getter. so he went and got his rings.

some players tho prefer to demand that their rings be delivered to them on a silver platter. they will cry to the GM and wait for their rings to be delivered.
You mean he is a front-running ring-chaser? :applause:

WadeBronDonJuan
01-23-2014, 04:55 AM

What are your achievements in life?

HorryIsMyMVP
01-23-2014, 04:55 AM
I think with Wade's health on a serious decline. The better question would be why would Lebron stay?

redboy
01-23-2014, 04:59 AM
two situations where i can see lebron not returning are

a. if they lose before reaching the finals. lose as in lose to the pacers in the ecf, not the finals
b. he knows something about wade's injuries that we don't

NumberSix
01-23-2014, 05:14 AM
If I was to become a super troll, I'd use edgy posts like this to create a stir.

Don't do em like that Swish :pimp:
Yeah, "IF".

Kingwillball
01-23-2014, 05:21 AM

Cause Lebron loves the Spotlight and wants to make things right in his home state and try and give them what he promised. Lebron also has a sense of the dramatic and knows it would be a story book ending to his career if the Prodigal son returned and made his wrongs right..Plus Clev has a talented Young core and $ to add another big name besides him.

NumberSix
01-23-2014, 05:23 AM
Cause Lebron loves the Spotlight and wants to make things right in his home state and try and give them what he promised. Lebron also has a sense of the dramatic and knows it would be a story book ending to his career if the Prodigal son returned and made his wrongs right..Plus Clev has a talented Young core and $ to add another big name besides him.
I can't see LeBron going back to Cleveland. It would be such a sucker move. Id lose MASSIVE respect for him. I'd seriously be less surprised if he joined the Knicks than the Cavs.

oarabbus
01-23-2014, 05:32 AM
I can't see LeBron going back to Cleveland. It would be such a sucker move. Id lose MASSIVE respect for him. I'd seriously be less surprised if he joined the Knicks than the Cavs.

No one wants to be in Cleveland, much less go back to Cleveland. Kyrie is bailing ASAP.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ICAaWxYknLs/UuBfT_XWFBI/AAAAAAAABbQ/JZovSqucR1s/s1600/luol.gif

Deng is begging Thibs to take him back.

knicksman
01-23-2014, 05:52 AM
if melo wanted to join LeBron he would have in 2010. I think LeBron and melo are great friends but even better rivals. wade imo was always the MIDDLE man. he was cool with bron and melo but was never considered their rivals so it was easy for him to lure either bron or melo to Miami...he chose bron and the rest was history.

melo and bron have to much history imo to be playing with each other...they battled in hs....same draft...they been compared to each other since 2003 kinda like bird and magic were. in order for this rivalry to stay strong and go down as a REAL rivalry melo has to lead his OWN team past brons team and get a few rings.

I thought melo was going to make that happen when he went east to the knicks but so far its been all bad. cant blame melo tho...knicks have a lot of trade pieces. id easily do a stat,shump,and jr smith for derozan and amir Johnson..hell id trade Tyson chandler for asik.

but im not a gm

actually its melo and wade that has a rivalry while lebron a beta wants to be friends with anybody. And so wade took advantage of it.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-23-2014, 05:58 AM
lets not act that if he stayed in Cleveland and wouldnt have won with them shitty teams you wouldnt bash him for that too:oldlol: :facepalm :coleman:

Marlo_Stanfield
01-23-2014, 06:02 AM
If Wade shows up in the playoffs( i mean real wade at least 20 PPG on 50%) AND Bosh gives them 17 PPG on good efficency and actually plays defense this time and maybe oden can get burn for 15 minutes against Pacers i think they might win it all again.
even if they dont i think he should stay because maybe in the future Dwayne will take a pay cut and become sixth man and they can either trade Bosh for an elite Center or get a real good defensive Center like Asik to play next to Bosh.
Their prority after this season should be sign a good defensive 3 pt shooter for SG, move Dwayne to 6th man and either trade Bosh for elite Center or sign good defensive Center next to Bosh.
if that happens he should stay if not miami can become mediocre again

I<3NBA
01-23-2014, 06:03 AM
there's so many things wrong with this statement and is one of the reasons why you're a total loser in real life

you laugh at chasing rings like it's wrong when in real life, chasing success is what makes successful people successful. they don't wait for it to be given to them, they go get it. BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

y'all go laugh at ring less players but then thinks there must be a specific way to win a ring and every other way is invalid. a win is a win and a ring is a ring. i thought winning is everything? but you fools don't get it.

if Lebron would've stayed in Cleveland, he'd have ended up like Malone who waited too long before chasing rings. by the time Malone realize Utah couldn't help him win a ring, he was already washed up.

you make your own destiny. you don't allow other people to dictate your life. Kobe didn't make his destiny, Lakers made it for him. he just waited for the silver platter and then ate his dessert.

DaSeba5
01-23-2014, 08:29 AM
I think Lebron will go.

Wade will tell Lebron to leave IMO.

Yah Wade, his best friend and the guy LeBron went to 3 straight Finals with, is going to tell the best player in the world to leave. :facepalm

Y2ktors
01-23-2014, 08:43 AM
He's not gonna leave the Heat within the next 2 years. Why leave a winner when he went down there to team up with Bosh and Wade to win championships?

poido123
01-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Yah Wade, his best friend and the guy LeBron went to 3 straight Finals with, is going to tell the best player in the world to leave. :facepalm

Wade's knees are shot and only getting worse.

He would be doing Lebron a favour by telling him to go.

Why not try working out what I am implying, you seem to think I don't already know that :(

DaSeba5
01-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Wade's knees are shot and only getting worse.

He would be doing Lebron a favour by telling him to go.

Why not try working out what I am implying, you seem to think I don't already know that :(

The goal is to keep LeBron here. That is more important than Wade from an organization standpoint. Miami will retool next year, and Wade will probably take less money. There's a good thing going on here. It's very unlikely LeBron leaves.

poido123
01-23-2014, 08:59 AM
The goal is to keep LeBron here. That is more important than Wade from an organization standpoint. Miami will retool next year, and Wade will probably take less money. There's a good thing going on here. It's very unlikely LeBron leaves.

I can see him staying for the Riley factor, building teams that contend? That's plausible.

Does Lebron feel that he can lead a Heat team without Wade? I'm not sure on that one. Lebron doesn't rely on Wade, Lebron carries a heavy load for much of Heat games. But when it comes to pressure playoff games and Lebron needs a guy to step up at times in pressure situations, Wade is usually there.

Alot will depend on how much Wade does this year in the playoffs. It could affect Lebron's decision to stick around...

HOoopCityJones
01-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Riley is gonna retire soon, Stephen A. has been pointing that out for awhile now.

I love how Heat fans hide behind Riley when ever someone brings up Lebron leaving or attracting new talent.

DaSeba5
01-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Riley is gonna retire soon, Stephen A. has been pointing that out for awhile now.

I love how Heat fans hide behind Riley when ever someone brings up Lebron leaving or attracting new talent.

Because Stephen A said it of course... Riley has done a terrific job building the stacked team that all of you whine so much about.

HOoopCityJones
01-23-2014, 10:50 AM
Because Stephen A said it of course... Riley has done a terrific job building the stacked team that all of you whine so much about.

When have I ever complained about Miami's Team? :wtf:

They're good , game recognize game and if the Lakers coulda pulled off a deal like that they would of , but don't get it twisted, Riley bleeds Purple and Gold and he learned from the best in Jerry Buss/West.

Either way thank my organization for showing you the way, and your short terms success since LBJ is outta here after this year.

mistergreens
01-23-2014, 11:47 AM
If left AGAIN, to chase titles, it would concrete his reputation as a ring chaser. I totally agree with his decision to leave Cleveland, but if Miami has some sort of "down year" I.E. loses to the Pacers, he can't immediately go and start somewhere else.

That being said, D-Wade needs to do something about his contract to create some flexibility.

IncarceratedBob
01-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Riley thinks he's in charge but without LeBron he has nothing. Just a broken down has been and a 18/6 soft big man. LeBron owns him. He owns the NBA. You know what team is the favorite to win it all next year? Whatever team LeBron is on.

LeBron might just be playing Riley's old ass, only time will tell.

ImKobe
01-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Heat lose this year and I see him testing the market, he's going to look at other teams and their rosters and figure out what's best for him, he doesn't want to go to a small market team so I'm seeing New York or Chicago. Whichever big market team has cap space to sign him would certainly draw his interest if he were to lose in Miami.

Lebron cares about winning rings, people might bitch at the time because he jumps ship but ultimately if he ends up winning 5,6, he'll be at the very top of the all-time great list. He doesn't want to be in that Kobe-Duncan-Hakeem tier. He wants to win more rings than those guys did, imo.

FLDFSU
01-23-2014, 01:13 PM

Yea, he should end up like paul pierce and have his loyal team trade him when he desires not to.

SilkkTheShocker
01-23-2014, 01:16 PM
Durant wouldn't let that happen

The same way he didn't let LeBron win the Finals MVP, right? :oldlol:

Relax, LeBron isn't going to your s.hithole city

Nash
01-23-2014, 02:08 PM
He'll stay in Miami, its just a matter of what they offer Wade. Wade's knees are not worth a 20m a year contract.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-23-2014, 02:09 PM
The same way he didn't let LeBron win the Finals MVP, right? :oldlol:

Relax, LeBron isn't going to your s.hithole city
:bowdown: :bowdown: