PDA

View Full Version : Wade is getting trashed a lot on here for missing games...

fpliii
01-23-2014, 01:00 PM
But didn't we all know going into the season that this was the plan? Don't let him playback-to-backs, reduce his minutes, and sit him whenever the slightest thing goes wrong. As much as his immature detractors will try and use this to disparage him, he has absolutely nothing left to prove in the regular season.

Miami needs him healthy for the ECF and Finals, since he hasn't been anything close for the past two playoff runs. He seems to be well on his way to just that.

All Net
01-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Who

DaSeba5
01-23-2014, 01:07 PM
100% spot on. I fully expected this from Wade and the Heat. Miami would rather have Wade healthy for the Pacers (which he has proven to be dominate against them in big games). Miami has yet to be dominant in the playoffs because we have not seen a healthy Wade in the playoffs in a while. The team itself did not play to it's full potential last year in the playoffs. That's why I don't know what to expect. The Pacers seem so much better, but when is the last time we saw LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all look dominant at the same time?

red1
01-23-2014, 01:08 PM
But didn't we all know going into the season that this was the plan? Don't let him playback-to-backs, reduce his minutes, and sit him whenever the slightest thing goes wrong. As much as his immature detractors will try and use this to disparage him, he has absolutely nothing left to prove in the regular season.

Miami needs him healthy for the ECF and Finals, since he hasn't been anything close for the past two playoff runs. He seems to be well on his way to just that.
Exactly. Sit him every damn game if thats what it takes. I want to see him win #4 this year and i want to see him dominate the ecf and finals en route to another fmvp and the regular season is but a minor sacrifice if that can be achieved

Trollsmasher
01-23-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't remember anybody trashing him.

I am little concerned though. I remember Wade saying that the process of healing that was started by the electrotherapy should be finishing by now. Yet, he is currently having the longest rest of the season while looking pretty bad in the two games before it.

I just hope it gets better. Heat won't make it without him being "healthy" this season.

All Net
01-23-2014, 01:12 PM
same thing with Oden

No need to play him every game. They need him to give them good mins come playoff time.

chazzy
01-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Going into this year, people were saying he was going to be dominant again because he got that knee treatment
Missing 4 games in a row isnt expected or routine for resting a player.

Mass Debator
01-23-2014, 01:13 PM
It was fine with him missing a day in a back to back but it has gone further than that...He has missed 3 straight games. I don't think his knee is ever going to be healthy again. This may be an overreaction, but we have been given no indication to think otherwise.

Like Skip and SAS says, it could be his last year as a Heat because he may retire if Lebron opts out.

Dr Hawk
01-23-2014, 01:14 PM
There is no reason to trash him. He is trying to maintain himself fresh for the series vs Indiana.

D-FENS
01-23-2014, 01:18 PM
I trashed him in my mind.
He was on both of my fantasy teams - I traded him for Monta Ellis in one, and DeRozan in another

All Net
01-23-2014, 01:19 PM
I do worry how good he can be though past this season.

HOoopCityJones
01-23-2014, 01:24 PM
Win or lose Lebron is gone.

There's no way he's down to spend the season after this one watching Wade sit on a bench while he carries this Team to the playoffs.

Because that's essentially whats happening right now, ofc it's harder to win without Wade but this guy is one knee tweak away from being surrounded by a Cavs level squad.

I think think he and Bosh alone can make some noise if Cole keeps on developing.

Doctor Jay
01-23-2014, 01:24 PM
He played wreckless from his entry til 2009-2010, then his body declined but still showed some flash backs of the flash like G4 of the last year finals - I think it's his image, that he changed dramatically over the years. He was so adorable holding his daughter on the arm on draft day. No he's sporting some strange fashion sh-t for no reason but getting attention...

ripthekik
01-23-2014, 01:26 PM
lol nobody's talking about him..

AnaheimLakers24
01-23-2014, 01:31 PM
whos trashing him other than lebrick fans?

tmacattack33
01-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Who is trashing him?

If anyone is, they are wrong.

He already said that last year during the season (aka the playoffs, the regular season is just practice for a top 2 team in the conference who is almost guaranteed to make the playoffs no matter what - and since there is no first round bye like in the nfl it isn't even that big of a deal what seed you get) he regretted going so hard during practice (aka the regular season ) because by the time the ECF started he was in terrible shape.

fpliii
01-23-2014, 01:43 PM
lol nobody's talking about him..
Maybe it's just the media, but on these types of forums as well nobody expects him to contribute anything in the playoffs.

Genaro
01-23-2014, 01:51 PM
This is the talk right now because Heat is struggling without him but I'm sure that if he plays well in the playoffs people will praise the strategy to rest him.

kamil
01-23-2014, 01:53 PM

Please give us a source where Wade was being trashed.

Otherwise, I think you just made shit up.

fpliii
01-23-2014, 02:00 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10329719/lebron-james-says-tough-miami-heat-fill-void-dwyane-wade-out
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/daily-buzz-does-lebron-s-b-day-wish-to-wade-have-hidden-meaning-011714
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-01-22/sports/sfl-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-s012214_1_dwyane-wade-joel-anthony-ask-ira

I think pretending this is anything but the team being cautious or prepared rest (though the latter isn't the case at the moment) is ridiculous.

red1
01-23-2014, 02:01 PM

i have also seen several posts trashing him. :confusedshrug: Its not the media as much, mostly sports fans.l and i see where they are coming from since he really hasnt done much this season

Marlo_Stanfield
01-23-2014, 02:08 PM
i WILL trash him IF he plays like a reetard in the playoffs again nonchalantly dribbling of his own feet again:coleman:
if he plays a solid playoffs i will praise him as the shooting guard with the best peak EVER:bowdown: :bowdown: :applause:

bdreason
01-23-2014, 02:48 PM
The plan was to occasionally sit out a game on back-to-backs. Wade is missing a lot more games than that... and multiple games in a row at times... and the Heat are losing those games.

bdreason
01-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Miami has yet to be dominant in the playoffs because we have not seen a healthy Wade in the playoffs in a while.

Pretty sure Wade sat out the final two weeks of the regular season last year... and still wasn't healthy for the playoffs. Wade is never going to be healthy for any significant span of games... especially not intense playoff games against a physical team like the Pacers.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-23-2014, 02:54 PM
The plan was to occasionally sit out a game on back-to-backs. Wade is missing a lot more games than that... and multiple games in a row at times... and the Heat are losing those games.
of course they said hell only sit out b2b. they dont want to create the image hes done. im happy if he sits out many games. i would like him to sit out a month after allstar break. other players need to step up and than they have another month or so to get in rythm with wade again. he should be good for the playoffs like that

IncarceratedBob
01-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I love Wade for everything he has done for Miami, and the dude is fighting with bum knees. Without him LeBron is still ringless. He's a gamer, and I think he'll be retired in 3 years. The dude just can't do it anymore, not even Tim Duncan sits out 4 games in a row without an actual injury.

SpecialQue
01-23-2014, 03:19 PM
I haven't seen much Wade trashing going on here, but I HAVE seen people trashing Lebron for not winning enough without Wade.

PsychoBe
01-23-2014, 03:46 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22748160.jpg

ArbitraryWater
01-23-2014, 04:06 PM
whos trashing him other than lebrick fans?

dude, nobody is trashing him. not lebron fans, not kobrick fans.

kobeef24
01-23-2014, 04:07 PM

I've actually noticed the opposite happening. People try to use Wade's absence to prove that LeBron is bad. If anything Wade's been a little overrated at LeBron's expense. Really haven't noticed anyone trashing Wade lately. :confusedshrug:

Dresta
01-23-2014, 04:12 PM
i have also seen several posts trashing him. :confusedshrug: Its not the media as much, mostly sports fans.l and i see where they are coming from since he really hasnt done much this season
Hasn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aShtq_O-hb0

ispin69
01-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Oh look a laker fan making threads about Miami business. Trying to defend Wade so Miami fans will criticize Wade? Divide and conquer?

I'll bite the bait. How does someone as inconsistent and missing all these games earn their salary? He didn't and doesn't, that's why he needs to take a opt out and take a paycut. Is resting Wade a smart plan? Sure, that's why they are doing it. But missing games and not contributing should effect his salary. Just like your boy taking 30mil in cap space sitting on the bench in street clothes and going to random university classes looking for young white college girls to rape. If you want to sit out to recover and take time out like Oden you should be making his type of money, not 20mil.

red1
01-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Hasn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aShtq_O-hb0
You are proving my point. :lol 1 game =/= half a season. By his standards this season is equivalent to not doing much

Heavincent
01-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Oh look a laker fan making threads about Miami business. Trying to defend Wade so Miami fans will criticize Wade? Divide and conquer?

I'll bite the bait. How does someone as inconsistent and missing all these games earn their salary? He didn't and doesn't, that's why he needs to take a opt out and take a paycut. Is resting Wade a smart plan? Sure, that's why they are doing it. But missing games and not contributing should effect his salary. Just like your boy taking 30mil in cap space sitting on the bench in street clothes and going to random university classes looking for young white college girls to rape. If you want to sit out to recover and take time out like Oden you should be making his type of money, not 20mil.

So called Heat "fan" trashing Wade :oldlol:

Fake ass bandwagon fan.

Legends66NBA7
01-23-2014, 04:29 PM

You realize OP's a Wade fan ?

red1
01-23-2014, 04:31 PM
You realize OP's a Wade fan ?
:oldlol: ispin adding to his collection of L's