PDA

View Full Version : Wall: 20.2 PPG 8.5 APG 4.3 RPG 1.9 SPG vs Irving: 21.7 PPG 6.1 APG 3.0 RPG 1.3 SPG

k0kakw0rld
01-24-2014, 02:39 AM
Someone explain to me why Kyrie is in the All star starting lineup and Wall's not? :confusedshrug:
NBA FANS ARE A DISGRACE.\ John Wall is far more exciting than Kyrie. :facepalm

moe94
01-24-2014, 02:40 AM
It's not about play. Where have you been? It's not like Wall is way better, either and Irving is clearly much more popular. Deal with it already. Uncle Drew is out there.

AnaheimLakers24
01-24-2014, 02:41 AM
better team player too. kyrie has soda commercials though

k0kakw0rld
01-24-2014, 02:48 AM
What I'm saying is the Nba shouldn't allow a voice to the fans.\ It's been proven over the years players get screwed. John Wall deserves to be in the all star game more than Kyrie.\

I mean come on. Kobe is in the starting lineup and Harden is not? :facepalm

k0kakw0rld
01-24-2014, 02:48 AM
better team player too. kyrie has soda commercials though
better record too.

plowking
01-24-2014, 02:52 AM
People hopped on that Kyrie train way too early. Even last year myself and a few others were saying Wall was the better player. Now its a bit more obvious with Wall having a full preseason to get ready.

Kyrie is really overrated at this point in his career, and this is coming from one of his biggest fans. I was really rooting for him to join the Aussie team, but it is what it is.

Droid101
Wall's commercials sucked. Those stupid bouncy shoe commercials, right? Terrible.

Get a better agent.

RedBlackAttack
I'd probably agree that Wall has had a better first half of this season, but it doesn't help your argument when you omit or ignore the statistics that don't favor your stance.

No mention of efficiency... Irving has a better FG%, FT% and 3PT%... or turnovers... Kyrie averages almost a full turnover less per game, which does matter quite a bit for a high usage PG.

Assist/Turnover Ratio:
John Wall - 2.37
Kyrie Irivng - 2.24

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/assists/sort/assistTurnoverRatio

I don't know why people care so much about the ASG starters, tbh. Yao was getting voted a starter like three years after he played his last game. We can sit here and argue statistics for these two guys, but there have been far worse fan selections. For a long stretch of this season, Kyrie was playing the best basketball of his career. He has hit a snag in his last few games. Inconsistency has been an issue, which never really was the case in his first two years.

I still think he's a better player than Wall. Most others seem to agree.

buddha
01-24-2014, 03:00 AM
Wall's commercials sucked. Those stupid bouncy shoe commercials, right? Terrible.

Get a better agent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29cYLX2wUFw

best commercial of all time

moe94
01-24-2014, 03:00 AM
What I'm saying is the Nba shouldn't allow a voice to the fans.\ It's been proven over the years players get screwed. John Wall deserves to be in the all star game more than Kyrie.\

I mean come on. Kobe is in the starting lineup and Harden is not? :facepalm

What the hell is wrong with you? Do not understand the entire point of the weekend? :biggums:

oarabbus
01-24-2014, 03:04 AM
The East just SUCKS. Wall sucks and Kyrie sucks. Neither would be close to making the AS in the West. And their stats would be much worse if they played in the west, too.

Tking714
01-24-2014, 03:05 AM
DWade is still taking up Walls slot. gotta wait his turn

k0kakw0rld
01-24-2014, 03:13 AM
What the hell is wrong with you? Do not understand the entire point of the weekend? :biggums:
All Star game is there for the fans I get it. But what's the point of making a big deal about being an all star if the people who truly deserve to be in it get screwed year after year? :confusedshrug:

k0kakw0rld
01-24-2014, 03:13 AM
The East just SUCKS. Wall sucks and Kyrie sucks. Neither would be close to making the AS in the West. And their stats would be much worse if they played in the west, too.
How so? :confusedshrug:

moe94
01-24-2014, 03:17 AM
I couldn't care less if Wall makes it or not considering Monta hasn't made an all-star to this day. He can wait.

oarabbus
01-24-2014, 03:18 AM
How so? :confusedshrug:

It's brutal out here in the West. These guys would be going up against the likes of Curry/CP3/Lillard/Parker/Thomas/Dragic/Bledsoe/Conley/Lawson/Monta Ellis/Westbrook/Jackson/Lin/Rubio/etc. It's a lot harder to be a PG in the west. Rose isn't even playing.

In the East you have Wall, Irving, and Lowry. Its not tough to light up Jennings and Knight on a back to back, compared to a Rubio/Conley back to back.

In terms of AS they would be behind: Curry/CP3/Lillard/Monta (who is KILLIN IT)/Westbrook/Harden/Klay/probably missing a few.

RedBlackAttack
01-24-2014, 03:29 AM
It's brutal out here in the West. These guys would be going up against the likes of Curry/CP3/Lillard/Parker/Thomas/Dragic/Bledsoe/Conley/Lawson/Monta Ellis/Westbrook/Jackson/Lin/Rubio/etc. It's a lot harder to be a PG in the west. Rose isn't even playing.

In the East you have Wall, Irving, and Lowry. Its not tough to light up Jennings and Knight on a back to back, compared to a Rubio/Conley back to back.

In terms of AS they would be behind: Curry/CP3/Lillard/Monta (who is KILLIN IT)/Westbrook/Harden/Klay/probably missing a few.
Saying that things are more crowded in the West would be perfectly logical. Saying Irving/Wall "suck" is just silly. They're two of the best young guards in the league.

oarabbus
01-24-2014, 03:32 AM
Saying that things are more crowded in the West would be perfectly logical. Saying Irving/Wall "suck" is just silly. They're two of the best young guards in the league.

Ok, that was a bit too hyperbolic. They don't suck, in fact yes, they are very good, that was me trolling. But they wouldn't be allstars playing in the West or if there was a league wide AS voting. Wall is more deserving than Irving IMO due to defense and I think Lowry has a case over Irving for the same reason.

RedBlackAttack
01-24-2014, 03:56 AM
Ok, that was a bit too hyperbolic. They don't suck, in fact yes, they are very good, that was me trolling. But they wouldn't be allstars playing in the West or if there was a league wide AS voting. Wall is more deserving than Irving IMO due to defense and I think Lowry has a case over Irving for the same reason.

Kyrie is taking a lot of criticism this season. Some is warranted, but I think people are going a bit overboard. Like I said, he had a long stretch from the beginning of December through the start of this month where he was playing the best basketball of his career.

In that stretch of games, he was averaging 29 points, 7 assists against just 2.5 turnovers on 50% FG, 44% 3PT, 94% FT.

There wasn't much discussion about him during that period. It seems like the only time people have paid attention this season has been when he's struggling.

I still feel like, when Kyrie is playing at his best, he's a better player than Wall at his best. I think that matters to fans that maybe can't watch every game or track a player every night.

He has had more problems with consistency from month-to-month this year than I remember in his first two years. He was pretty bad in his first 10 games or so to open the season.

I also think he had some very high expectations from a lot of people coming into this season and that's contributed to his being ripped so thoroughly for not living up to them so far.

Wall has a legit gripe for the starting PG spot. However, if Wall had been the choice, Irving would have had a legit gripe. He's averaging more points on less minutes and higher scoring efficiency in every category. They are very close in assist/turnover ratio.

Wall is a better defender, better rebounder and his team has won five more games so far.

Not exactly a white-wash. :confusedshrug:

redboy
01-24-2014, 03:56 AM
i feel that when you play in a crappy conference like this year's east, you have to at least lead your team to the playoffs to be a starter

RedBlackAttack
01-24-2014, 03:59 AM
i feel that when you play in a crappy conference like this year's east, you have to at least lead your team to the playoffs to be a starter
That would rule out both guys. Neither have appeared in a single playoff game yet in their respective careers.

oarabbus
01-24-2014, 04:04 AM
Hmm, you make some good points about Kyrie vs. Wall. I do especially agree with Kyrie at his best > Wall at his best, I think Kyrie's upside is greater and am personally not too high on Wall.

But for this season, with Wall having the better record AND defense... you know what guys say around here "defense isn't just a footnote"

RedBlackAttack
01-24-2014, 04:29 AM
Hmm, you make some good points about Kyrie vs. Wall. I do especially agree with Kyrie at his best > Wall at his best, I think Kyrie's upside is greater and am personally not too high on Wall.

But for this season, with Wall having the better record AND defense... you know what guys say around here "defense isn't just a footnote"
Like I said, going strictly by the first half of the 2013-14 season, I think Wall probably is more deserving. So, yeah... I agree.

But, it's close and I don't think Irving getting the nod is an outrage.

Now, if Wall doesn't get a spot on the bench, that will be wrong. He should be making his first appearance this year. At the end of the day, both guys should be on the team. It really doesn't matter much who gets the start.

B-Easy8
01-24-2014, 09:59 AM
They should make it one big conference and get a draft system to decide who's in the all star game.

Fans don't know anything.

Lowry and Wall are killing it and get no love. I doubt Lowry even makes the ASG.

If there was one big conference I would say 3 guys from the East would make the ASG.

Bandito
01-24-2014, 10:03 AM
If OP is a NBA fan does that mean he is a disgrace?

alexd
01-24-2014, 10:06 AM
All Star game is there for the fans I get it. But what's the point of making a big deal about being an all star if the people who truly deserve to be in it get screwed year after year? :confusedshrug:
its called marketing

MiseryCityTexas
01-24-2014, 10:10 AM
two overrated ass pointguards

Jailblazers7
01-24-2014, 10:11 AM
I'd probably rather see a player vote for the ASG but the whole weekend event is designed for the fans. I find it a little strange that every NBA fan thinks all other fans aren't competent enough to vote the ASG starters.

MiseryCityTexas
01-24-2014, 10:12 AM
They should make it one big conference and get a draft system to decide who's in the all star game.

Fans don't know anything.

Lowry and Wall are killing it and get no love. I doubt Lowry even makes the ASG.

If there was one big conference I would say 3 guys from the East would make the ASG.

Kyle shoulda been made the all star team two seasons ago. people stay sleeping.

Real Men Wear Green
01-24-2014, 10:14 AM
The statistical difference is microscopic and this is a popularity contest. The best players are voted on in the ALL-NBA selections.

Jailblazers7
01-24-2014, 10:18 AM
I'd probably agree that Wall has had a better first half of this season, but it doesn't help your argument when you omit or ignore the statistics that don't favor your stance.

No mention of efficiency... Irving has a better FG%, FT% and 3PT%... or turnovers... Kyrie averages almost a full turnover less per game, which does matter quite a bit for a high usage PG.

Assist/Turnover Ratio:
John Wall - 2.37
Kyrie Irivng - 2.24

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/assists/sort/assistTurnoverRatio

I don't know why people care so much about the ASG starters, tbh. Yao was getting voted a starter like three years after he played his last game. We can sit here and argue statistics for these two guys, but there have been far worse fan selections. For a long stretch of this season, Kyrie was playing the best basketball of his career. He has hit a snag in his last few games. Inconsistency has been an issue, which never really was the case in his first two years.

I still think he's a better player than Wall. Most others seem to agree.

To be fair, Kyrie only shoots like half a percent better from the field and FT line than Wall. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Kyrie's scoring efficiency. Kyrie also takes about 1.5-2 more shots per game. This is Kyrie's least efficient season but his %'s have been trending down since his rookie year. He's clearly a better pure shooter than Wall but I think his shot selection is also a bit worse.

I think I value Wall's defense a lot more than others which is why I favor Wall pretty clearly in these discussions. I would rather start a franchise with Wall than Irving because it is a bit easier to build a winner with Wall imo.

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Kyrie Irving is all style no substance. Will end up the next AI aka a career loser with little to be remembered for.

coolhandsteve
01-24-2014, 01:28 PM
I too would pick Wall over Irving to start for the same reasons others posted on here, but both are deserving All-Stars. As far as West PGs being better I say with everything that's happened this year with injuries & all, I'm only taking Curry & Paul over these 2, though competition is clearly harder out there.

chips93
01-24-2014, 02:57 PM

kyrie and wall both deserve to be all stars, and both will be

whats the big deal?

chips93
01-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Kyrie Irving is all style no substance. Will end up the next AI aka a career loser with little to be remembered for.

a hall of famer?

Legends66NBA7
01-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Kyle Lowry should have been over both, IMO.

Lebron23
01-24-2014, 07:27 PM
Wall is gonna be an all star reserve. The all star Game is a popularity contest. Irving is more popular than John Wall.

PleezeBelieve
01-24-2014, 07:34 PM
What has Kyrie done this year to be deserving of being an All Star? He shoots 19 times a game to get 21 points with 6 apg while playing no defense and being on a team 12 games under .500 in a bad conference.

Please.

Wall, Teague, & Lowry are all more deserving than Kyrie Gunz.

Lebron23
01-24-2014, 07:54 PM
What has Kyrie done this year to be deserving of being an All Star? He shoots 19 times a game to get 21 points with 6 apg while playing no defense and being on a team 12 games under .500 in a bad conference.

Please.

Wall, Teague, & Lowry are all more deserving than Kyrie Gunz.

Popularity Contest