PDA

View Full Version : When discussing all-time greats the only rings that count are Finals MVP rings

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 08:09 AM
When your talking about the best of the very best, the only rings( a team accomplishment) that count toward individual accolades is rings you got while you were the best player.

Winning a ring, but not winning the Finals MVP/best player? Beta.

Let's look at the alpha/beta usage rate which will soon be adopted by Hollinger in his PER calculations as an improvement:

Lebron James: 2 FMVPs out of 2 rings - 100% alpha usage rate (0% beta)

Michael Jordan: 6 FMVPs out of 6 rings - 100% alpha usage rate (0% beta)

Shaquille O'Neal: 3 FMVPs out of 4 rings - 75% alpha usage rate (25% beta)

Tim Duncan: 3 FMVPs out of 4 rings - 75% alpha usage rate (25% beta)

Magic Johnson: 3 FMVPs out of 5 rings - 60% alpha usage rate (40% beta)

Kobe Bryant: 2 FMVPs out of 5 rings - 40% alpha usage rate (60% beta)

Dwyane Wade: 1 FMVP out of 3 rings - 33.3% alpha usage rate (66.6% beta)

Scottie Pippen: 0 FMVPs out of 6 rings - 0% alpha usage rate (100% beta)

navy
01-24-2014, 08:15 AM
It will be funny to see what Kobe and Lebron stans do if Wade wins a FMVP

SavageMode
01-24-2014, 08:15 AM
When your talking about the best of the very best, the only rings( a team accomplishment) that count toward individual accolades is rings you got while you were the best player.

Let's look at the alpha/beta usage rate which will soon be adopted by Hollinger in his PER calculations as an improvement:

:applause:

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 08:18 AM
I know what Kobe stan will say...but Lebron "colluded"!

No. Lebron recruited Bosh into Miami and persuaded Wade to stay instead of going to his hometown Chicago, so Lebron James was the main recruiter for the Miami big 3.

Lebron James was the BEST player in his 2 title runs so far, which led to his 2 FMVPs.

knicksman
01-24-2014, 08:20 AM
LOL Op so beta copying my posts:oldlol:

JellyBean
01-24-2014, 08:21 AM
why no Magic Johnson or Kareem? What about Bill Russell?

knicksman
01-24-2014, 08:23 AM

he started watching 2009

9erempiree
01-24-2014, 08:23 AM

No. Lebron recruited Bosh into Miami and persuaded Wade to stay instead of going to his hometown Chicago, so Lebron James was the main recruiter for the Miami big 3.

Lebron James was the BEST player in his 2 title runs so far, which led to his 2 FMVPs.

Here's the fallacy, Bosh signed with Miami before Lebron did. It was a matter of Wade and Bosh getting Lebron there.

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 08:25 AM
We all know Magic and Russell and Kareem was alpha.:pimp:

ArbitraryWater
01-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Kareem/Magic the only tricky ones. Magic won FMVP 1980&1982 even though Kareem was the team's best player.

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 08:27 AM
Here's the fallacy, Bosh signed with Miami before Lebron did. It was a matter of Wade and Bosh getting Lebron there.
No. The plan started way back in the olympics. Lebron James convinced Bosh to team up, just a matter of where. I guess Lebron likes Florida.:oldlol:

The so called "collusion" Kobetards keep blabbering on about is actually a legit recruitment by Lebron James.:pimp:

ILLsmak
01-24-2014, 08:27 AM

Magic Johnson: 3 FMVPs out of 5 rings - 60% alpha usage rate (40% beta)

also count losing, which is beta. haha

-Smak

9erempiree
01-24-2014, 08:28 AM
Also, if you want to talk about alpha....I don't know if anything is as alpha as being drafted by a team at 17 years of age and forcing a trade to the mighty Lakers.

That's pretty damn alpha to me. More than anything bran has shown.

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 08:28 AM
Oops I forgot,

Chris Bosh: 0 FMVP out of 2 rings - 0% alpha usage rate (100% beta)

Dat all-star teammate.:lol Dat 0 pt game 7.:oldlol:

knicksman
01-24-2014, 08:29 AM
how bout these OP

kobe 5 rings in 7 appearances(29% loser mentality)
shaq 4 rings in 6 appearances(33 loser mentality)
jordan 6 out of 6(0%)
lebron 2 out of 6(67%) including the loses as him as the topdog:lol

9erempiree
01-24-2014, 08:29 AM
No. The plan started way back in the olympics. Lebron James convinced Bosh to team up, just a matter of where. I guess Lebron likes Florida.:oldlol:

The so called "collusion" Kobetards keep blabbering on about is actually a legit recruitment by Lebron James.:pimp:

I guess you are on to something. Just like Lebronze recruited Kobe for the Olympics.

No Kobe no gold.

MrC1991
01-24-2014, 08:30 AM
lol Poor Scottie Pippen. Top 10 player of the 90s, one of the greatest (if not the greatest) defender ever and will always be the last half of Batman and Robin.

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 08:30 AM
This thread is NOT just about Lebron vs Kobe (which btw isn't a debate).

Purely to separate the alphas from the betas using a systematic and clever form of calculation.:cheers:

moe94
01-24-2014, 08:31 AM
LOL Op so beta copying my posts:oldlol:

He's mocking you, retard.

knicksman
01-24-2014, 08:33 AM
He's mocking you, retard.

ohhh really??:lol

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 08:34 AM
I guess you are on to something. Just like Lebronze recruited Kobe for the Olympics.

No Kobe no gold.
Off topic you fool.

This thread is about the alphas and betas of the NBA history. Kobe has 2 FMVPs out of his 5 rings. Math tells us that he's a beta.

Btw Wade was MVP of the olympics, watch the games.:cheers:

riseagainst
01-24-2014, 08:44 AM
how bout these OP

jordan 6 out of 6(0%)

:roll: :roll: :roll:

/end thread
/OP ethered
/RIP OP

:roll:

knicksman
01-24-2014, 08:45 AM

/end thread
/OP ethered
/RIP OP

:roll:

OP avoiding it like plague:oldlol:

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 08:47 AM
My formula to calculate alpha/beta merits more discussions.

MrC1991
01-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Man yall a emotional ass bunch at 6 in the morning lol

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Man yall a emotional ass bunch at 6 in the morning lol
Kobe stans are the ones catching feelings when they saw this:

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Can someone invite ripthekik and coin24 in here to explain why Kobe is only a 40% alpha.:oldlol:

LAZERUSS
01-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Kareem/Magic the only tricky ones. Magic won FMVP 1980&1982 even though Kareem was the team's best player.

Magic was CLEARLY the Lakers best player from '82 on. He fiished ahead of KAJ in the MVP EVERY year in their last eight seasons together.

And, he DESERVED his FMVP in '80. Where was KAJ while Magic was putting up that historic 42-15-7 clinching game six performance?

KAJ road Magic's coat-tails to FOUR titles, and LA won their last TWO with KAJ being a third to fifth wheel (and won DESPITE his awful play in '88.)

Magic could take teams to 63-19 and 58-24 records without KAJ. KAJ couldn't take loaded rosters in the late 70's past considerably less talented teams.

And when Magic retired...the Lakers dropped back to where he found them (when KAJ was "leading" them.)

ArbitraryWater
01-24-2014, 09:46 AM

Magic was CLEARLY the Lakers best player from '82 on. He fiished ahead of KAJ in the MVP EVERY year in their last eight seasons together.

And, he DESERVED his FMVP in '80. Where was KAJ while Magic was putting up that historic 42-15-7 clinching game six performance?

KAJ road Magic's coat-tails to FOUR titles, and LA won their last TWO with KAJ being a third to fifth wheel (and won DESPITE his awful play in '88.)

Magic could take teams to 63-19 and 58-24 records without KAJ. KAJ couldn't take loaded rosters in the late 70's past considerably less talented teams.

And when Magic retired...the Lakers dropped back to where he found them (when KAJ was "leading" them.)

Dude, we all know you're a huge kareem hater/wilt lover.

Kareem > Wilt, your boy is a career looser, accept it.

LAZERUSS
01-24-2014, 10:04 AM

Had Wilt had Magic (and Worthy) for the entire decade of the 60's...and I think it is pretty safe to say that Russell would have gone ringless in that decade.

SavageMode
01-24-2014, 10:13 AM
how bout these OP

jordan 6 out of 6(0%)
You're stupid.

Lebron only has 4 Finals appearances.
2 rings in 4 appearances.

You can't measure it like that anyway because thats a team accomplishment.
Adam Morrison 2 finals of 2 rings -100% right?

Knicksman exposed.

Once again Kobe Stans exposed.

Lebron > Kobe. Get over it kids.

Too easy.

Next, kid.

SavageMode
01-24-2014, 10:14 AM
My formula to calculate alpha/beta merits more discussions.
GOAT formula.

Jlamb47
01-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Kobe > Lebron

NumberSix
01-24-2014, 10:20 AM
FMVP is an overrated award IMO. As much as we all make "the man" arguments about rings, I honestly couldn't really care less about FMVPs.

IncarceratedBob
01-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Finals mvp out of finals played as the man

Jordan 6 finals MVP, 6 finals played.
Shaq 3 finals MVP, 5 finals played.
Kobe 2 Finals MVP, 3 finals played.
LeBron 2 finals MVP, 4 finals played.
Parker 1 finals MVP, 2 finals played.

knicksman
01-24-2014, 10:26 AM
You're stupid.

Knicksman exposed.

Too easy.

Next, kid.

damn by comparing kobe to adam morrison, you just exposed your IQ:oldlol:

too hard

Marlo_Stanfield
01-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Also, if you want to talk about alpha....I don't know if anything is as alpha as being drafted by a team at 17 years of age and forcing a trade to the mighty Lakers.

being a sociopath doesnt necessarily mean ur an Alpha doe. it means u only care about urself.
:facepalm

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 10:49 AM
You're stupid.

Knicksman exposed.

Too easy.

Next, kid.
Take it easy on these Kobetards, they going through a lot these days.:oldlol:

Marlo_Stanfield
01-24-2014, 10:51 AM

dont be a sheep. Kareem is top 5 but Wilt>>>>:coleman:

BBallZen83
01-24-2014, 10:54 AM
I don't know what you have been smoking but Lebron has been in 4 finals. That gives him a 50% loser mentality rating by your imaginary statistic.

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 10:57 AM
I don't know what you have been smoking but Lebron has been in 4 from finals. That gives him a 50% loser mentality rating by your imaginary statistic.
Check my formula again...it doesn't mention "loser mentality rating" anywhere.

Nobody will remember losses. Who cares if Michael lost to the Bad Boys, who cares if Lebron lost to the Spurs and Mavs.

2 FMVPs out of 2 rings means Lebron is an ALPHA male. King of the jungle aka Lion.

christian1923
01-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Eli is better than Peyton I guess then lol

BoutPractice
01-24-2014, 11:20 AM
The shifting discourse of stans as the facts change is truly fascinating to witness. Some arguments are particularly inventive in their dishonesty, but this one is among the best I've seen so far.

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Eli is better than Peyton I guess then lol
Stick to NBA FMVP please.

Budadiiii
01-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Check my formula again...it doesn't mention "loser mentality rating" anywhere.

Nobody will remember losses. Who cares if Michael lost to the Bad Boys, who cares if Lebron lost to the Spurs and Mavs.

2 FMVPs out of 2 rings means Lebron is an ALPHA male. King of the jungle aka Lion.
Dude... stop clicking these buttons.. please. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/buttons/reply.gif
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif

christian1923
Stick to NBA FMVP please.
It's the same shittty arguement. One game or series doesn't define a player.

Can't fault kobe for playing with shaq, just means the lakers had 2 players that were better than lebron.

T_L_P
Tim Duncan: 100% alpha

Bandito
01-24-2014, 11:31 AM

How do you got that info anyways? Can you provide a link to that? Because it is a fact Bosh sign before Lebron did. So Wade and Bosh were the one that recruited him.

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 11:35 AM
How do you got that info anyways? Can you provide a link to that? Because it is a fact Bosh sign before Lebron did. So Wade and Bosh were the one that recruited him.
It's a no brainer that the only reason Wade stayed on the Heat instead of going to his hometown Chicago and Bosh signing with Heat is because they were already aware of Lebron James joining them. Lebron Jame was the mastermind of the Miami Dynasty.

Say Lebron chose NY instead, both Wade and Bosh will be in NY. We follow the alpha.

Budadiiii
01-24-2014, 11:38 AM
It's a no brainer that the only reason Wade stayed on the Heat instead of going to his hometown Chicago and Bosh signing with Heat is because they were already aware of Lebron James joining them. Lebron Jame was the mastermind of the Miami Dynasty.

Say Lebron chose NY instead, both Wade and Bosh will be in NY. We follow the alpha.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3k58aIED71qbx51ho1_250.gif

Bandito
01-24-2014, 11:40 AM

Stop reading right there. This is a conjecture and not a fact. That's like me saying Lebron is a choke balding fggt. That's a fact not a conjecture because he is balding, he chokes (2011 Finals is the best proof) and he is a proven fggt.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-24-2014, 11:41 AM

ur right Wade knew it and Bosh i think new it too.
they just wanted to give lebron his little reality show he craved for:facepalm :facepalm

Deuce Bigalow
01-24-2014, 11:42 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ioiilpVlhtI/UuHgvBDL-TI/AAAAAAAABH4/mrDo0MR1OnA/s1600/KOBEFACEPALM.gif

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 11:42 AM
ur right Wade knew it and Bosh i think new it too.
they just wanted to give lebron his little reality show he craved for:facepalm :facepalm
Back then Lebron was more of a kid. He's matured sooo much now.

But yeah, Wade and Bosh knew, they followed the alpha.

Mass Debator
01-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Wade would have had 4 rings with 2 finals MVP if Lebron didn't go:

- 18 PPG in the finals from 27 PPG in the regular season
- FG%, assists, and rebounds also dropped while playing 5 more minutes per game.
- Not to mention a turnover increase...he had 9 more turnovers than Wade while Wade controlled the ball more. 4.6 TOPG average after the first game.
- If Lebron would have pulled through like Wade, Bosh, or Ray Allen did for him in moments, Wade would be going for his 5th ring this year.

In Game 4, Wade has 32 on 65% and Bosh had 24 one shot under 50%, but Lebron went 8 on 27% while getting schooled by Marion? IMO, whoever won that game, won the series...all Lebron did in the 4th was 2 turnovers and 1 rebound. 83-86 MAVERICKS (I will note that Wade missed a crucial free throw to tie the game up at 84)

Wade went almost 27/7/5/2/2 on 55% and that could've been better if he didn't get injured in the end. Dirk shot 42% and no way did anyone deserve it more than Wade who poured his heart out. Maybe Terry but he didn't shoot enough and came off the bench.

I think this series alone makes his chances to be GOAT super slim to none. No Lebron fan can cover it up while arguing against MJ's achievements. Should've won it, but didn't. How can you make a straight face and say he is a 100% finals MVP with this sh\t hanging over his head? Good thing D-Rose won MVP that year or else it would have added onto the embarrassment.

Side note: Mike Bibby was useless. Their worst signing post-big-3 era.

riseagainst
01-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Wade would have had 4 rings with 2 finals MVP if Lebron didn't go:

- 18 PPG in the finals from 27 PPG in the regular season
- FG%, assists, and rebounds also dropped while playing 5 more minutes per game.
- Not to mention a turnover increase...he had 9 more turnovers than Wade while Wade controlled the ball more. 4.6 TOPG average after the first game.
- If Lebron would have pulled through like Wade, Bosh, or Ray Allen did for him in moments, Wade would be going for his 5th ring this year.

In Game 4, Wade has 32 on 65% and Bosh had 24 one shot under 50%, but Lebron went 8 on 27% while getting schooled by Marion? IMO, whoever won that game, won the series...all Lebron did in the 4th was 2 turnovers and 1 rebound. 83-86 MAVERICKS (I will note that Wade missed a crucial free throw to tie the game up at 84)

Wade went almost 27/7/5/2/2 on 55% and that could've been better if he didn't get injured in the end. Dirk shot 42% and no way did anyone deserve it more than Wade who poured his heart out. Maybe Terry but he didn't shoot enough and came off the bench.

I think this series alone makes his chances to be GOAT super slim to none. No Lebron fan can cover it up while arguing against MJ's achievements. Should've won it, but didn't. How can you make a straight face and say he is a 100% finals MVP with this sh\t hanging over his head? Good thing D-Rose won MVP that year or else it would have added onto the embarrassment.

Side note: Mike Bibby was useless. Their worst signing post-big-3 era.

o snap!

Lebron definitely the worst sidekick of all time.

singlehandedly cost Dwyane Wade a FMVP. But Lebron stans were happy cus they rather not win than to give Wade the fMVP.

:lol

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Kobe fans' selective memory is just amazing. How bout Kobe 2004? How about Kobe's 6/24 game 7 bailout by teammates? How about Kobe 3 airballs in a row?

Kobe is a beta compared to Lebron an alpha. Number DON'T lie.

2 of 2 = alpha

2 of 5 = beta

riseagainst
01-24-2014, 12:50 PM
going from 27ppg 47%FG in the regular season to 22ppg on 35%FG in the finals and getting swept in a beta.

scoring 8 points in a NBA finals game is a beta.

avging 18ppg in the finals while 27 ppg in the regular season, and getting outscored/torched by a bench player in the series is a beta.

Does not want a teammate to get the fmvp so purposefully sabotaging the finals is a beta.

GoranDragon
01-24-2014, 12:53 PM
going from 27ppg 47%FG in the regular season to 22ppg on 35%FG in the finals and getting swept in a beta.

avging 18ppg in the finals while 27 ppg in the regular season, and getting outscored/torched by a bench player in the series is a beta.

Does not want a teammate to get the fmvp so purposefully sabotaging the finals is a beta.
Number don't lie. Formula don't lie. Keep lying to yourself. Lebron doesn't need the BEST big man in NBA history to win rings. He's an alpha, he does it alone. Wade and Bosh followed Lebron, nothing he could do.

SHAQisGOAT
01-24-2014, 02:30 PM
Ban this fool

Deuce Bigalow
01-24-2014, 03:04 PM

http://imageshack.com/a/img716/5576/mv6.gif

CelticBaller
01-24-2014, 03:06 PM
how bout these OP

jordan 6 out of 6(0%)
only statistic i approve

gts
01-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Ban this foolco-sign

Deuce Bigalow
01-24-2014, 03:11 PM
how bout these OP

jordan 6 out of 6(0%)
http://cdn.niketalk.com/1/16/164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

Combat Wombat
01-24-2014, 03:21 PM
co-sign
x2

kennethgriffin
01-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Theres key problems with this formula

I consider the mvp and finals mvps as a club/token..

- there was no finals mvp during 2 eras

- some eras you need 2-3-4 hall of famers to win

- some teams rely more on a 2 man combo

- some teams win with an average allstar as fmvp

- some top dogs are defensive minded or rebounding specialists/ anchors and dont get the votes

- some top dogs get out performed by 2nd leading men

Its not a legendary award if guys like parker/billups/white have won it

West got russells only award he could have won

Kg should be one

Kobe was overall playoff mvp in 2001

Kareem is arguable goat but has 2 fmvp

I think its about number of rings by guys whove won atleast an mvp award and you factor in what they contributed for weight in rings

Like a side kick who averages 25+ did more than some finals mvps

Cold soul
01-24-2014, 05:02 PM
x2

x3

SavageMode
01-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Lebron only has 4 finals appearances.

Ko-stans ether'd next.

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 01:15 AM
Bump for awareness. I want this formula to be adopted for GOAT consideration.:applause:

Angel Face
01-25-2014, 03:14 AM
Leaving your team despite being the mvp that year then colludes with 2 other stars, and is ok being Batgirl to Batman (Wade) and Robin (Bosh). Nothing is more beta than that.

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 03:29 AM
Leaving your team despite being the mvp that year then colludes with 2 other stars, and is ok being Batgirl to Batman (Wade) and Robin (Bosh). Nothing is more beta than that.
Lebron - Batman

Wade - Robin

Bosh - Jim Gordon

The formula PROVES that Lebron is 100% alpha.

I.R.Beast
01-25-2014, 03:37 AM

Lebron would be ringless if he didnt call up 2 superstars...asterisk rings

TheMilkyBarKid
01-25-2014, 03:53 AM

Sounds more like something a 12 year old would pull, seek help.

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 03:57 AM
Lebron would be ringless if he didnt call up 2 superstars...asterisk rings
If Durant wins a ring, it is also asterisk? Because Westbrook is a top 3 PG and Ibaka is a top 5 PF, both superstars.

Bandito
01-25-2014, 04:01 AM
OP you're drunk go to sleep.

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 04:23 AM
OP you're drunk go to sleep.
Answer the Durant question. If he wins a ring, it is an asterisk ring? He has MORE help than Lebron will ever have.

Westbrook/Ibaka >>> Wade/Bosh

PsychoBe
01-25-2014, 04:30 AM
how bout these OP

jordan 6 out of 6(0%)

:applause: :applause: :applause:

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 04:37 AM
Lebron doesn't have 6 finals appearances you fools.:facepalm

NumberSix
01-25-2014, 04:38 AM
Lebron doesn't have 6 finals appearances you fools.:facepalm
He will though. Dude is winning at least 2 mo' rings.

Bandito
01-25-2014, 04:52 AM
Answer the Durant question. If he wins a ring, it is an asterisk ring? He has MORE help than Lebron will ever have.

Westbrook/Ibaka >>> Wade/Bosh
what is an asterisk ring?:confusedshrug:

Marlo_Stanfield
01-25-2014, 04:58 AM
what is an asterisk ring?:confusedshrug:
all of kobes rings outside of 2009.
especially 2000 and 2002 for obvious reasons:lol

knicksman
01-25-2014, 05:04 AM
deal with it fakkits.. lebron has 67% loser mentality

Lebron23
01-25-2014, 05:05 AM

And you are a 100% loser.

knicksman
01-25-2014, 05:09 AM
:oldlol:
And you are a 100% loser.

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 05:12 AM
all of kobes rings outside of 2009.
especially 2000 and 2002 for obvious reasons:lol
This. Kobe stans have no ammo.:applause:

Andrei89
01-25-2014, 09:32 AM

knicksman

knicksman

knicksma

......knicks

knicks

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trollsmasher
01-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Nice stat OP.

I'll try to implement it into my stats/impact ratio. It seems that there is a level of an indirect correlation between those two, since the best S/I rating is 1 and the higher it gets, the worse it becomes.

For example:
Jordan - 100% alpha/1 S/I rating
LeBron - 100% alpha/1 S/I rating
Kobe - 40% alpha/ 1,8 S/I rating
Durant - 0% alpha/ 3,3 S/I rating

ImKobe
01-25-2014, 09:35 AM
You don't get "Finals MVP" rings.

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Nice stat OP.

I'll try to implement it into my stats/impact ratio. It seems that there is a level of an indirect correlation between those two, since the best S/I rating is 1 and the higher it gets, the worse it becomes.

For example:
There's some calculus sh1t right there. Proves my point EXACTLY.:cheers: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Durant & Kobe. :facepalm

SavageMode
01-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Nice stat OP.

For example:
:applause:
Very accurate.
Kobe Stans ether'd
Lebron > Kobe

riseagainst
01-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Lebron stans are so illogical.

So basically they are saying hypothetically: 1 for 7 in the finals with 1 fmvp is better than 7 for 7 in the finals with less than 7 fmvps; because player A has 1 fmvp in 1 championship (100%), while player B has 1 through 6 fmvps in 7 championships (<100%).

these children.
:roll: :roll:

SavageMode
01-28-2014, 11:10 AM
Adam Morrison has been in multiple finals game. Your argument doesn't work.

Next.

It's all about finals MVP usage.

Ancient Legend
01-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Lebron stans are so illogical.

So basically they are saying hypothetically: 1 for 7 in the finals with 1 fmvp is better than 7 for 7 in the finals with less than 7 fmvps; because player A has 1 fmvp in 1 championship (100%), while player B has 1 through 6 fmvps in 7 championships (<100%).

these children.
:roll: :roll:

http://galeri3.uludagsozluk.com/138/facepalm_227785.jpg

SavageMode
01-28-2014, 01:39 PM
http://galeri3.uludagsozluk.com/138/facepalm_227785.jpg
:facepalm

Bush4Ever
01-28-2014, 02:51 PM
While there IS a categorical difference between winning as your team's best player, and winning as a more secondary player, one has to keep in mind that not all distances between the "lead dog" and "sidekick" are created equal, and sometimes the title of best performer can flip from the regular season to the Finals.

A good example is the 2007, where there was a modest amount of difference between Duncan and Parker in the regular season (Duncan was more important), but the relationship flipped in the Finals.

Contrast that with any of Jordan's rings, Shaq in 2000, etc...

Dragic4Life
08-13-2014, 10:27 PM
bump for relevance.

Please update Duncan because yet again, he gets carried to a free ring while being a role player.

JohnFreeman
08-13-2014, 10:31 PM
true

dubeta
08-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Yea it needs to be updated, Duncan increased to a 40% beta

BTW can anyone explain this to me? How come MJ and LeBron are 1a and 1b in the all time career Player Efficiency Rating? and are the only 100% alpha from the GOATS? They are the most similar, doesnt it make sense that they are the 2 GOATS????