PDA

View Full Version : Gary Payton to Bennett: You look Fat

blood yes
01-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Let's stop talking bout Bron, KD, Melo, whatever and shit, chill out, and actually laugh at something TOGETHER as a forum community.

http://nesn.com/2014/01/gary-payton-on-no-1-pick-anthony-bennett-you-came-in-overweight-you-look-fat/

:lol :lol :lol

moe94
01-25-2014, 12:07 AM
Gary Payton is the best personality out there.

Was that pound necessary?

secund2nun
I don't understand how he is still fat. Throw out all of his grains and refined sugar. It's not hard...especially since he is a bball player who runs a lot.

0-4 again tonight

Boarder Patrol
:roll:

Boarder Patrol
01-25-2014, 12:08 AM
Mike Brown said he was "at his playing weight" a month ago but I still see a solid twenty pounds of depression to lose :roll:

lpublic_enemyl
01-25-2014, 12:10 AM
bust so far, he needs to come back next year and earn it... and lol at Cleveland

no pun intended
01-25-2014, 12:11 AM
"Glove Actually"

lmao

rhowen4
01-25-2014, 12:12 AM
Was that pound necessary?
:coleman:

moe94
01-25-2014, 12:17 AM
:coleman:

Pound the rock to get better.....every day.

buddha
01-25-2014, 12:18 AM
Cav's are such a mess, they were gift wrapped the opportunity to become relevant again and squandered their picks on Waiters and Bennett. Now Kyrie is going to leave in FA as soon as he can.

Lordsteven
01-25-2014, 12:20 AM
lmfao fken dying.

JohnFreeman
01-25-2014, 12:20 AM
:roll:

blood yes
01-25-2014, 12:26 AM
cavs fans avoiding this like the plague:lol :oldlol:

JohnFreeman
01-25-2014, 12:30 AM
If I had the keys to a gym/bball court I would never go home.

CelticBaller
01-25-2014, 12:48 AM
fataass bust

Le Shaqtus
01-25-2014, 12:49 AM

Right? Easy workout plus it's fun as shit, I could do that every morning and be in great shape.

JohnFreeman
01-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Right? Easy workout plus it's fun as shit, I could do that every morning and be in great shape.
I would shoot hoops all day

Draz
01-25-2014, 12:52 AM
Needs to be more criticized. He needs hell to rain down on his skull.

MUGEN
01-25-2014, 01:08 AM
Cavs organization needs to be on his ass 24/7 and get him to shape if he doesn't wanna do it himself...they made a HUGE gamble on the guy so they need to try and make it work by any means

outbreak
01-25-2014, 01:12 AM
My issue with the bennet bust is that cavs took such a reach to get him. At least other busts were talked about as going in the top 3 and weren't seen as crazy choices when they went number one. This one is all on the cavs

nevetslc88
01-25-2014, 01:14 AM

I know right.

on top of that you're getting paid to do this also which is even better.

TheReal Kendall
01-25-2014, 01:23 AM

Hell yea! I would have my friends over everyday running pick up games.

christian1923
01-25-2014, 01:25 AM
Why not just sign up at a gym with a basketball court then lol

RoseCity07
01-25-2014, 01:51 AM
Back in January of last year Gary Payton was two rows in front of me on a plane. It would have been cool to sit next to him on the flight from Vegas to Portland. Anyway, The Glove speaks the truth. Respect to Gary Payton.:applause:

RedBlackAttack
01-25-2014, 03:58 AM
cavs fans avoiding this like the plague:lol :oldlol:
Avoiding what?

What is there to say?

Smook A.
01-25-2014, 04:06 AM
Back in January of last year Gary Payton was two rows in front of me on a plane. It would have been cool to sit next to him on the flight from Vegas to Portland. Anyway, The Glove speaks the truth. Respect to Gary Payton.:applause:
What are the chances of having a hall of famer in the same plane as you? So lucky

Lebron23
01-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Nothing to see here folks. Terrible draft pick by the Cavaliers.

RoseCity07
01-25-2014, 04:35 AM
What are the chances of having a hall of famer in the same plane as you? So lucky

I was exhausted waiting for my plane to show up and as I get up to get in line I notice this pretty tall black dude coming to the front of the line. He was with his wife and I notice he had on all Gucci. Gucci beanie, bag, and I think sweat outfit. I don't know how many people knew it was him but I did. All he did during the flight is sleep and listen to his Dre Beats. No one bothered him at all.

JohnFreeman
01-25-2014, 05:04 AM
Why not just sign up at a gym with a basketball court then lol
I am but courts aren't open 24/7. Point is I am not getting paid millions to be fit and good at basketball

Lebron23
01-25-2014, 05:11 AM
I am but courts aren't open 24/7. Point is I am not getting paid millions to be fit and good at basketball

we have plenty of courts here in my town. I think 4 Our door basketball courts, and 2 indoors basketball courts.

Dbrog
01-25-2014, 05:16 AM
ehhhhhhhh..it looks to be a very weak draft. Would the Cavs really have been THAT much better with Porter or Oladipo? McLemore had gained some media attention too but he hasn't been great. Cody Zeller was supposed to be the safest pick in the draft and he has looked bad so far. Granted, I'm sure these players will get better but it's not like the Cavs passed on a Lebron or CP or something. (can't count MCW since he was never projected to go near #1)

Ratnik
01-25-2014, 05:53 AM
Payton is a bully. Should get fired for that.

RedBlackAttack
01-25-2014, 05:59 AM
ehhhhhhhh..it looks to be a very weak draft. Would the Cavs really have been THAT much better with Porter or Oladipo? McLemore had gained some media attention too but he hasn't been great. Cody Zeller was supposed to be the safest pick in the draft and he has looked bad so far. Granted, I'm sure these players will get better but it's not like the Cavs passed on a Lebron or CP or something. (can't count MCW since he was never projected to go near #1)
The three main guys most people were pushing the Cavs to take were Noel, Porter and Len. I still believe in Noel, but Len and Porter have been just as bad as Bennett.

Let's take a look at the Top 6 so far:

Anthony Bennett - 10.4 minutes, 2.4 points (27%), 2.2 rebounds, 0.2 assists, 0.8 turnovers
Victor Oladipo - 32 minutes, 13.7 points (41%), 4.4 rebounds, 3.7 assists. 3.2 turnovers
Otto Porter - 9.7 minutes, 1.8 points (31%), 1.4 rebounds, 0.4 assists, 0.4 turnovers
Cody Zeller - 16.7 minutes, 5.0 points (37%), 3.8 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.2 turovers
Alex Len - 6.8 minutes, 1.9 points (41%), 2.4 rebounds, 0.1 assists, 0.5 turnovers
Nerlens Noel - DNP

Yes, Bennett has been bad. Historically pathetic, in fact. I've been waiting all season for any semblance of a player, even a flash, and have yet to see it.

Still, this draft has been absolutely horrendous outside of Michael Carter-Williams. Even Oladipo has been up-and-down. In any other rookie class, he wouldn't be getting much notice for what he has done so far. He's considered a playmaker, but is averaging 3.7 assists against 3.2 turnovers. That's a horrible A/TO rate. And, he's shooting 41% from the field. This is the guy people are forced to say should have gone at No. 1. Bad sign.

Meanwhile, the other guys at the top of the board -- Bennett, Porter, Zeller, Len -- have done basically nothing. I don't think any class ever has been this bad.

Bennett gets all the press because he was chosen first, but these other guys deserve some recognition for their futility so far. When you're picked third in the draft and are playing under 10 minutes a night, that's bad. There are two other guys picked in the top 5 averaging less points per game than AB for god's sake. :oldlol:

East_Stone_Ya
01-25-2014, 06:00 AM
i feel sorry for Bennett

coin24
01-25-2014, 06:04 AM
Apart from oladipo and MCW what a completely garbage draft.
I still would have gone with noel if I'm the cavs..

Shit I can't even remember who drafted the rest of those scrubs from the supposed top 10:oldlol:

cos88
01-25-2014, 06:05 AM
i feel sorry for Bennett

why because he's fat?

El Gato Negro
01-25-2014, 06:08 AM
so much unnecessary hate for the canadian.

cos88
01-25-2014, 06:12 AM
so much unnecessary hate for the canadian.

he deserves everything. did you not see that gif with his 'screen' a couple of weeks before. do you not see the stupid mistakes he does at almost every play? do you not see his is overweight even for a normal human not to mention a pro basketball player? did you not see that he doesn't want to be a mvp if that means he has to dress like westbrook or sager?

this lazy bum deserves everything at this point, doesn't matter that he's canadian, french or from uganda. fukk this nig

Lebron23
01-25-2014, 06:14 AM
i feel sorry for Bennett

He's a millionaire.

RedBlackAttack
01-25-2014, 06:17 AM
Apart from oladipo and MCW what a completely garbage draft.
I still would have gone with noel if I'm the cavs..

Shit I can't even remember who drafted the rest of those scrubs from the supposed top 10:oldlol:
Yeah, I stopped at Noel just because it was getting sad, but I could have continued.

I forgot about this guy...

7. Ben McLemore - 24 minutes, 7.7 points (34%), 2.7 rebounds, 0.9 assists, 1.0 turnovers

And, how about KCP?
8. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - 25 minutes, 7.2 points (39%), 2.4 rebounds, 1.0 assists, 0.4 turnovers

Ugh. You get the point.

Trey Burke is actually looking pretty good. I'd say he and MCW are the best looking rookies so far, followed by Oladipo. Giannis Adetokunbo has a lot of potential, but is still very raw.

This draft has been a disaster. Philly somehow played it perfectly... traded for Noel, took what looks like the only potential star player in the draft and snatched an additional pick for the 2014 draft. Great stuff by them.

El Gato Negro
01-25-2014, 06:23 AM
he deserves everything. did you not see that gif with his 'screen' a couple of weeks before. do you not see the stupid mistakes he does at almost every play? do you not see his is overweight even for a normal human not to mention a pro basketball player? did you not see that he doesn't want to be a mvp if that means he has to dress like westbrook or sager?

this lazy bum deserves everything at this point, doesn't matter that he's canadian, french or from uganda. fukk this nig
very classy, comments like this are why no one can take this place seriously. i however find all the relentlessly trolling on here hilarious :applause: it's literally the only reason to come here :roll:

cos88
01-25-2014, 06:26 AM
very classy, comments like this are why no one can take this place seriously. i however find all the relentlessly trolling on here hilarious :applause: it's literally the only reason to come here :roll:

so trolling it's the only thing that keeps you here? reported to jeff how dare you :facepalm

RoseCity07
01-25-2014, 06:28 AM
I think it's safe to say Bennett will never be a Charles Barkely level player or whatever Cavs fans hyped him up to be. Beyond never living up to those expectation Anthony Bennett has a real chance to be a solid player and lose the tag and worst number one pick ever.

Anthony Bennett can certainly become better than Bargnani. All he has to do is higher Kevin Love's nutritionist and work his ass off. He shouldn't have trouple averaging 10 ppg if he works his fat ass off in the gym. This guy looks to have the drive of Andrew Bynum.

El Gato Negro
01-25-2014, 06:28 AM
so trolling it's the only thing that keeps you here? reported to jeff how dare you :facepalm
:roll: :roll:

RedBlackAttack
01-25-2014, 06:39 AM
I think it's safe to say Bennett will never be a Charles Barkely level player or whatever Cavs fans hyped him up to be. Beyond never living up to those expectation Anthony Bennett has a real chance to be a solid player and lose the tag and worst number one pick ever.

Anthony Bennett can certainly become better than Bargnani. All he has to do is higher Kevin Love's nutritionist and work his ass off. He shouldn't have trouple averaging 10 ppg if he works his fat ass off in the gym. This guy looks to have the drive of Andrew Bynum.
????

I don't recall that. Comparisons to Charles Barkley? By whom?

RoseCity07
01-25-2014, 06:50 AM
????

I don't recall that. Comparisons to Charles Barkley? By whom?

In many threads about Bennett I read the Charles Barkley comparison. People were talking about his bid and supposed ball handling ability. Not to mention his athleticism that he showed in college. I'm positive there are threads that could be found on here where the comparison has been made.

RoseCity07
01-25-2014, 07:00 AM
Here we go RBA: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305272&page=3

Here is a thread where I was calling out Bennett and some called me a drug addict for doubting Bennett.

RedBlackAttack
01-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Here we go RBA: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305272&page=3

Here is a thread where I was calling out Bennett and some called me a drug addict for doubting Bennett.
Just so we're clear, JtotheIzzo is not a Cavs fan. He's Canadian and a big AB fan (Tristan too, probaby).

I was pretty confused with the pick and wanted Noel. I hoped for the best... didn't know a ton about Bennett. I liked some of what I saw in his college tape after the pick was made.

I think most Cavs fans were pretty stunned by the pick.

outbreak
01-25-2014, 07:29 AM
I normally agree with you but oladipo was never known as a play maker
He is playing out of position and learning a new role. Personally I think he will end up back at shooting guard but he is already an above average defender who contributes in all areas of the game. Not a superstar but he will have a solid career as a robin

The three main guys most people were pushing the Cavs to take were Noel, Porter and Len. I still believe in Noel, but Len and Porter have been just as bad as Bennett.

Let's take a look at the Top 6 so far:

Anthony Bennett - 10.4 minutes, 2.4 points (27%), 2.2 rebounds, 0.2 assists, 0.8 turnovers
Victor Oladipo - 32 minutes, 13.7 points (41%), 4.4 rebounds, 3.7 assists. 3.2 turnovers
Otto Porter - 9.7 minutes, 1.8 points (31%), 1.4 rebounds, 0.4 assists, 0.4 turnovers
Cody Zeller - 16.7 minutes, 5.0 points (37%), 3.8 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.2 turovers
Alex Len - 6.8 minutes, 1.9 points (41%), 2.4 rebounds, 0.1 assists, 0.5 turnovers
Nerlens Noel - DNP

Yes, Bennett has been bad. Historically pathetic, in fact. I've been waiting all season for any semblance of a player, even a flash, and have yet to see it.

Still, this draft has been absolutely horrendous outside of Michael Carter-Williams. Even Oladipo has been up-and-down. In any other rookie class, he wouldn't be getting much notice for what he has done so far. He's considered a playmaker, but is averaging 3.7 assists against 3.2 turnovers. That's a horrible A/TO rate. And, he's shooting 41% from the field. This is the guy people are forced to say should have gone at No. 1. Bad sign.

Meanwhile, the other guys at the top of the board -- Bennett, Porter, Zeller, Len -- have done basically nothing. I don't think any class ever has been this bad.

Bennett gets all the press because he was chosen first, but these other guys deserve some recognition for their futility so far. When you're picked third in the draft and are playing under 10 minutes a night, that's bad. There are two other guys picked in the top 5 averaging less points per game than AB for god's sake. :oldlol:

RoseCity07
01-25-2014, 07:29 AM
Just so we're clear, JtotheIzzo is not a Cavs fan. He's Canadian and a big AB fan (Tristan too, probaby).

I was pretty confused with the pick and wanted Noel. I hoped for the best... didn't know a ton about Bennett. I liked some of what I saw in his college tape after the pick was made.

I think most Cavs fans were pretty stunned by the pick.

Noel would have been a much better pick. He's at least shown he's a defensive monster. That is something that is definitely going to translate.

Embers
01-25-2014, 08:16 AM
IMO if we re-did the draft. Id go the top 10 as being

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo
2. Victor Oladipo
3. MCW
4. Trey Burke
5. Steve Adams
6. Tim Hardaway Jnr
7. Nerlen Noels
8. Kelly Olynyk
9. CJ McCollum
10. Alex Len

Something like that. Id definetly have Giannis number 1 though. If Giannis from Greece, was Gary from Arkansas then he would have went number 1 really

cos88
01-25-2014, 08:23 AM
IMO if we re-did the draft. Id go the top 10 as being

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo
2. Victor Oladipo
3. MCW
4. Trey Burke
5. Steve Adams
6. Tim Hardaway Jnr
7. Nerlen Noels
8. Kelly Olynyk
9. CJ McCollum
10. Alex Len

Something like that. Id definetly have Giannis number 1 though. If Giannis from Greece, was Gary from Arkansas then he would have went number 1 really

yep those 7 points on 45 fg% makes him a sure nr 1 pick :facepalm

poido123
01-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Was just having a look at his draft scout report on youtube.

Where did his game go? Him playing now, is nothing like what was shown at college level.

I think he could benefit from playing on a team which uses him more offensively. Cavs don't seem like a good fit for him at all.

ILLsmak
01-25-2014, 09:17 AM
GP is mydude, but let me come in here... let me tell you something.

I'm gonna say the same thing I've said before. IF AB turns into a starting caliber player... and the Cavs get a top 5 pick this year, that pick was ****ing worth.

I still think that pick might have been a "lets get a guy who will ball with us and won't lead us to too many wins so we can pick high in 14" sort of pick.

-Smak

absalom
01-25-2014, 09:26 AM
What is Bennett's playing weight in college? There were articles that he lost some weight already.

RedBlackAttack
01-25-2014, 09:30 AM
GP is mydude, but let me come in here... let me tell you something.

I'm gonna say the same thing I've said before. IF AB turns into a starting caliber player... and the Cavs get a top 5 pick this year, that pick was ****ing worth.

I still think that pick might have been a "lets get a guy who will ball with us and won't lead us to too many wins so we can pick high in 14" sort of pick.

-Smak
The Cavs are pretty clearly going for wins this year. They just traded for Luol Deng. You don't do that if your goal is the draft again.

VIntageNOvel
01-25-2014, 09:32 AM
told you,
this dude is bynum-like in term of he doesnt really love basketball and lazy as hell, he doesnt give a ****
at least bynum is skillfull and dominating by using his size

sixer6ad
01-25-2014, 09:40 AM

This site is full of the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen. A thread pushing on Bennett and you all are browsing a website? Cracks me up. I can just see 80% of the posters reaching into their bag of chips while saying Bennett needs to lose weight.

Simple goal this year: make the playoffs. We are 2 games back with lots of time remaining. We are the second youngest team in the league and have played the second most road games in the league. We are hanging.

Disappointing year? Absolutely. Wasted year? Not yet.

LOL at all of you fat arses busting on Bennett. Keep hiding behind your screen and criticizing other humans.

sixer6ad
01-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Was just having a look at his draft scout report on youtube.

Where did his game go? Him playing now, is nothing like what was shown at college level.

I think he could benefit from playing on a team which uses him more offensively. Cavs don't seem like a good fit for him at all.

Unless you have mad skills, mike browns offense is really doesn't benefit anyone - let alone a struggling rookie.

jzek
01-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Bigger bust than Ryan Leaf

poido123
01-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Unless you have mad skills, mike browns offense is really doesn't benefit anyone - let alone a struggling rookie.

True.

Euroleague
01-25-2014, 10:24 AM
Me to Gary Payton - You sound like a moron.

tomtucker
01-25-2014, 12:17 PM
nice job by that woman to smothe it out at the end, so payton does not look too harsh and evil

midatlantic09
01-25-2014, 12:20 PM
nice job by that woman to smothe it out at the end, so payton does not look too harsh and evil

There was nothing harsh about what he said and it needed to be said. Bennett is absolutely garbage out there and he needs to know that others think he's garbage.

HylianNightmare
01-25-2014, 12:31 PM

this, i hate when it's cold or dark out and you gotta stop. even if there's no one there you can be running drills and getting shots up for days:facepalm

boozehound
01-25-2014, 12:52 PM
that show looks terrible

SexSymbol
01-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Me to Gary Payton - You sound like a moron.
Irony at it's best