PDA

View Full Version : Myth about Kobe Bryant having a poor game winning shot%. no playoff winners

kennethgriffin
01-25-2014, 01:06 AM
[QUOTE]List of Game Winners:

1. May 09, 1999: Lakers 101 - Rockets 100 (PO, game-winning FTs w/ 5.3 secs)

2. Dec. 27, 1999: Lakers 108 - Mavericks 106 (game-winning FTs w/ 8.6 secs)

3. May 10, 2000: Lakers 97 - Phoenix 96 (PO, jumper over Kidd w/ 2.6 secs)

4. Feb. 07, 2001: Lakers 85 - Phoenix 83 (jumper over Marion w/ 2.7 sec)

5. Feb. 13, 2001: Lakers 113 - Nets 110 (OT layup/and-1 w/ 4.8 secs)

6. Jan. 02, 2002: Lakers 87 - Nuggets 86 (off-reb and jumper w/ 55 secs)

7. Feb. 22, 2002: Lakers 96 - Hornets 94 (buzzer-beater, jumper over Lynch)

8. May 12, 2002: Lakers 87 - Spurs 85 (PO, off-reb and put-back w/ 5.1 secs)

9. Dec. 06, 2002: Lakers 105 - Mavericks 103 (turn-around jumper w/ 8 secs)

10. April 04, 2003: Lakers 102 - Grizzlies 101 (buzzer beater, jumper over Battier)

11. April 06, 2003: Lakers 115 - Suns 113 (OT, game-tying jumper for OT, jumper over Marion w/ 28.6 sec)

12. Dec. 19, 2003: Lakers 101 - Nuggets 99 (buzzer-beater, fade-away over Barry)

13. Mar. 21, 2004: Lakers 104 - Bucks 103 (OT jumper over Van Horn w/ 25.1 sec)

14. April 14, 2004: Lakers 105 - Blazers 104 (OT buzzer beater, game-tying 3-pointer for OT, fall-away 3-pointer)

15. Mar. 12, 2005: Lakers 117 - Bobcats 116 (jumper over Bogans w/ 0.9 secs)

16. Nov. 02, 2005: Lakers 99 - Nuggets 97 (OT jumper over Najera w/ 0.6 secs)

17. Dec. 04, 2005: Lakers 99 - Bobcats 98 (game-winning FTs w/ 7 secs)

18. Jan. 12, 2006: Lakers 99 - Cavaliers 98 (jumper over James w/ 8.6 secs)

19. April 30, 2006: Lakers 99 - Suns 98 (PO, OT buzzer-beater, game-tying tear-drop for OT, jumper over Diaw)

20. Jan. 14, 2008: Lakers 123 - Sonics 121 (OT jumper over Green w/ 4.3 secs)

21. Jan. 09, 2009: Lakers 121 - Pacers 119 (jumper over Jack w/ 3 secs)

22. Dec. 04, 2009: Lakers 108 - Heat 107 (buzzer-beater, 3-pointer over Wade)

23. Dec. 16, 2009: Lakers 107 - Bucks 106 (OT buzzer-beater, jumper over Bell)

24. Jan. 01, 2010: Lakers 109 - Kings 108 (buzzer-beater, 3-pointer)

25. Jan. 31, 2010: Lakers 90 - Celtics 89 (jumper over Allen w/ 7.3 secs)

26. Feb. 23, 2010: Lakers 99 - Grizzlies 98 (3-pointer over Gay w/ 4.3 secs)

27. Mar. 09, 2010: Lakers 109 - Raptors 107 (jumper over Wright w/ 1.9 secs)

28. Feb. 12, 2012: Lakers 93

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 01:17 AM
the fact is. when you factor in eventual game winning shots. kobe has 41 and 7 total in the playoffs

the reason kobes game winning shot percentage is low is because for every "missed" eventual game winner. that miss counts as a missed game winning attempt.

due to the fact that if kobe misses those 13 additional shots. they are each added to his overall makes/misses

example. ( player makes shot. team intentionally fouls/someone else adds garbage points. player misses shot. game over. kobe looks unclutch )

kobe bryant infact is the all time leader in game winners ( official 28 ) and ( possible 41 ) and does infact have a great percentage when factoring in the total of 41 makes

i rest my case

You need to explain yourself better. This is incoherent.

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 01:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HVNBWD5.gif

kennethgriffin
01-25-2014, 01:24 AM
You need to explain yourself better. This is incoherent.

lol ok for the slow people in the room

in a nutshell

"a made eventual game winning shot doesnt count as a game winning shot

a missed eventual game winning shot does count as a missed game winning shot"

got it?

want me to dumb it down even more?

the 13 extra eventual game winners kobe cant count towards his resume probably has an equal amount of missed possible eventual winners that were chocked up as misses

intentional fouling. garbage 2pt basket added on takes away a game winner.

but if he misses. it counts towards his percentage.

Yao Ming's Foot
01-25-2014, 01:29 AM
Let's be real here.

Game winning shot percentage is a thing because the stat heads were bitter about Kobe ringing a 4th and 5th time as well as hitting an absurd number of game winners in the same season.

That's when all of a sudden clutchness had to be "proven" which ignores all NBA history prior to Kobe Bryant AND is meaningless because nothing is proven with such small sample sizes and large variance.

christian1923
01-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Actually makes sense:applause:

6 for 24
01-25-2014, 01:39 AM
Ah, my favorite poster on ISH, Mr. Griffin:

So happy to see you fighting the good fight. The youngsters on here especially MUST know about the legend of Kobe Bryant. But if I may, I would like to introduce an important corollary to your fine statistics. The truth is that the most important thing in basketball is getting the shot off under great duress. After all, "you can't make it if you don't take it". And as we all know, Kobe is the master of this. This is a man who will hoist the ball twenty possessions in a row if that's what his team needs. Certainly he will not make them all, but would you not argue that he will make more than a lesser man (*cough*LeBron*cough*) who only takes ten shots?

This seems like a good time to introduce my world-famous "Kobe Bryant clutch footwork and shot selection compilation". Please enjoy!

http://youtu.be/QZbgoC6MiSM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 01:40 AM

So happy to see you fighting the good fight. The youngsters on here especially MUST know about the legend of Kobe Bryant. But if I may, I would like to introduce an important corollary to your fine statistics. The truth is that the most important thing in basketball is getting the shot off under great duress. After all, "you can't make it if you don't take it". And as we all know, Kobe is the master of this. This is a man who will hoist the ball twenty possessions in a row if that's what his team needs. Certainly he will not make them all, but would you not argue that he will make more than a lesser man (*cough*LeBron*cough*) who only takes ten shots?

This seems like a good time to introduce my world-famous "Kobe Bryant clutch footwork and shot selection compilation". Please enjoy!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
You should post more. Like MUCH more often.

One of the best posters around here.:bowdown: :applause:

cos88
01-25-2014, 01:42 AM
no one cares about him op, enjoy this fantastic nba night and forget about kobe

H-E
I-S
D-O-N-E

moe94

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

I was crying at the video. You really had me going.

ImKobe

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

lmfao

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 01:43 AM
6 for 24 ethering Kobetards with ease.:roll: :roll:

Milbuck
01-25-2014, 01:43 AM
Kobe fans need to face the facts, he'll never be able to pull off something as great as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4

kennethgriffin
01-25-2014, 01:44 AM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

worst serious attempt at a rebuttal ever?

with that kind of build up i would expect something more than a cherry picked highlight youtube clip that literally could be made of anyone who ever played

i could take every eric clapton live show ever made and splice together every slight to somewhat off tone/key note and make a 1 minute youtube highlight video about how much he sucks at guitar

but you know why i wouldnt do that?

cause i'm not a pathetic 12 year old talentless reverse trolling slap stick sarcastic diversion smoke screen wannabe like yourself

leave it to the pros sonny :cheers:

moe94
01-25-2014, 01:46 AM
worst serious attempt at a rebuttal ever?

with that kind of build up i would expect something more than a cherry picked highlight youtube clip that literally could be made of anyone who ever played

i could take every eric clapton live show ever made and splice together every slight to somewhat off tone/key note and make a 1 minute youtube highlight video about how much he sucks at guitar

but you know why i wouldnt do that?

cause i'm not a pathetic 12 year old talentless reverse trolling slap stick sarcastic diversion smoke screen wannabe like yourself

leave it to the pros sonny :cheers:

http://cdn.avsforum.com/b/be/bebd31eb_5046091402_029de93f24.jpeg

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 01:47 AM
kennethgriffin getting murked in his own thread like his butt buddy ripthekik.:roll:

Milbuck
01-25-2014, 01:48 AM
kennethgriffin getting murked in his own thread like his butt buddy ripthekik.:roll:
Have you ever kissed a girl?

coin24
01-25-2014, 01:49 AM
no one cares about him op, enjoy this fantastic nba night and forget about kobe

H-E
I-S
D-O-N-E

You seem to care enough to post in every single Kobe or lakers thread..:lol

Try being less of a f@ggot

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 01:50 AM
You seem to care enough to post in every single Kobe or lakers thread..:lol

Try being less of a f@ggot
Since you're online, would you care to explain why Lebron has a higher alpha usage rating than Kobe in this thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323487

kennethgriffin
01-25-2014, 01:50 AM

says the alt

.... seriously? common alt.... atleast wait till youve signed in with a few more alts and brought a bit more alter'ether

6 for 24
01-25-2014, 01:51 AM
Mr. Griffin,

Please don't be like that. You are one of my heroes. I won't go so far as to call you my idol, because that is obviously Kobe Bean Bryant, but you are right up here. My "Kobe Bryant clutch footwork and shot selection montage" video is intended as an homage to the living legend. I understand that he does not make every shot in the video, but that is the whole point. It is not intended to show game-winners-- that is for simpletons and anyone can make a youtube compilation cherrypicking those highlights. It is to show Kobe's amazing ability to get shots off in the most difficult of situations. That is winning basketball. Moreover, as we see in the video, many of those "shots" are clearly cleverly disguised passes to his teammates, to help build camraderie. What a leader!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 01:51 AM

lol :roll:

although OP, once you explained yourself, I realized how right you are. especially since they include those "eventual game-winners" in the statistics for other players, just not kobe.

wait a second...

Cold soul
01-25-2014, 01:52 AM
Have you ever kissed a girl?

His mom maybe if that counts. I bet he's 30 year old virgin living in his moms basement. :lol

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 01:53 AM
Mr. Griffin,

Please don't be like that. You are one of my heroes. I won't go so far as to call you my idol, because that is obviously Kobe Bean Bryant, but you are right up here. My "Kobe Bryant clutch footwork and shot selection montage" video is intended as an homage to the living legend. I understand that he does not make every shot in the video, but that is the whole point. It is not intended to show game-winners-- that is for simpletons and anyone can make a youtube compilation cherrypicking those highlights. It is to show Kobe's amazing ability to get shots off in the most difficult of situations. That is winning basketball. Moreover, as we see in the video, many of those "shots" are clearly cleverly disguised passes to his teammates, to help build camraderie. What a leader!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

coin24
01-25-2014, 01:55 AM
Since you're online, would you care to explain why Lebron has a higher alpha usage rating than Kobe in this thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323487

You're a beta that uses alt accounts on a forum like your real account is so valuable to you. Ie pathetic loser beta.

kennethgriffin
01-25-2014, 01:56 AM
lol :roll:

although OP, once you explained yourself, I realized how right you are. especially since they include those "eventual game-winners" in the statistics for other players, just not kobe.

wait a second...

problem there is kobe takes every shot. and has a everlasting never ending number of game winning attempts.. i'd assume around 80-90-95 counting eventuals

that being said.. the only way the addition by subtraction method of only counting missed eventuals would only drastically hurt someone with an inordinate number of attempts. since the more you take. the worse you get by definition

so a guy whos made 7 out of 20 and had 3 possible eventuals would only get a small extra hit on their average. while kobes had 13. and 13 extra misses is more than 4 times worse on his average ( and thats assuming he made 50% of those extra attempts ).. which he probly hit 45%.. which means even more misses

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 01:56 AM
You're a beta that uses alt accounts on a forum like your real account is so valuable to you. Ie pathetic loser beta.
So mad.:roll: :roll:

Milbuck
01-25-2014, 01:57 AM
His mom maybe if that counts. I bet he's 30 year old virgin living in his moms basement. :lol

You'd win that bet my friend, no doubt that he's exactly that. I'm still curious to know the answer to my question though, it could really help explain his burning desire to stuff his mouth tight with Lebron's grapes.

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 02:03 AM
problem there is kobe takes every shot. and has a everlasting never ending number of game winning attempts.. i'd assume around 80-90-95 counting eventuals

that being said.. the only way the addition by subtraction method of only counting missed eventuals would only drastically hurt someone with an inordinate number of attempts. since the more you take. the worse you get by definition

so a guy whos made 7 out of 20 and had 3 possible eventuals would only get a small extra hit on their average. while kobes had 13. and 13 extra misses is more than 4 times worse on his average

poor mathematical logic. percentages do not deviate by number of attempts.

hypothetical example:

darko milicic takes 20 potential gw/gt fg, including 10 "eventuals". he makes 4 of the non-eventuals, and 4 of the eventuals. the 4 eventuals don't count, while the 6 missed-eventuals do count, bringing his % to 4/12 or 33.3%

kobe Bryant takes 40 potential gw/gt fg, including 20 "eventuals". he makes 8 of the non-eventuals, and 8 of the eventuals. the 8 eventuals don't count, while the 12 missed-eventuals do count, bringing his % 8/24 or 33.3%

the only way that missed-eventuals will hurt his % moreso than for other players is if his percentages are actually worse in these situations, not just because he shot more.

Your argument is invalid.

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 02:04 AM
You'd win that bet my friend, no doubt that he's exactly that. I'm still curious to know the answer to my question though, it could really help explain his burning desire to stuff his mouth tight with Lebron's grapes.

idk what this guy did to you guys, but you look like fools right now the way you're talking about him. we are all just dudes on computers. no sense in pretending to know the first thing about each others' lives.

Milbuck
01-25-2014, 02:06 AM
idk what this guy did to you guys, but you look like fools right now the way you're talking about him. we are all just dudes on computers. no sense in pretending to know the first thing about each others' lives.
Relax man. I never once said I have a problem with it. If he's into that, that's cool, it's good to get it out there you know? :confusedshrug:

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 02:07 AM
Relax man. I never once said I have a problem with it. If he's into that, that's cool, it's good to get it out there you know? :confusedshrug:

hey man if she's dtf then it's game on

moe94
01-25-2014, 02:08 AM

Usually you're more composed than this. Stop being so mad, dude. He's a dumb troll. Let it go.

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 02:10 AM
I see Milbuck caught feelings.:roll:

Milbuck
01-25-2014, 02:12 AM
I see Milbuck caught feelings.:roll:

I like the use of the roll smiley there. Really completes the act.

GASOL IS GOAT
01-25-2014, 02:12 AM
Taking pages out of my book I see :cheers:

Milbuck
01-25-2014, 02:13 AM
Usually you're more composed than this. Stop being so mad, dude. He's a dumb troll. Let it go.
True, true. I'll let him fade away like all the trolls of the past.

DonDadda59
01-25-2014, 02:15 AM
Do you people not know what a myth is? :confusedshrug:

kennethgriffin
01-25-2014, 02:22 AM
poor mathematical logic. percentages do not deviate by number of attempts.

hypothetical example:

darko milicic takes 20 potential gw/gt fg, including 10 "eventuals". he makes 4 of the non-eventuals, and 4 of the eventuals. the 4 eventuals don't count, while the 6 missed-eventuals do count, bringing his % to 4/12 or 33.3%

kobe Bryant takes 40 potential gw/gt fg, including 20 "eventuals". he makes 8 of the non-eventuals, and 8 of the eventuals. the 8 eventuals don't count, while the 12 missed-eventuals do count, bringing his % 8/24 or 33.3%

the only way that missed-eventuals will hurt his % moreso than for other players is if his percentages are actually worse in these situations, not just because he shot more.

Your argument is invalid.

what i mean is its harder for kobe to dig himself out of a hole than a guy whos taken 5-10 game winners and had 1-2 eventual misses added on without the makes

they can hit a few and be at 50% again while kobe would need to run off 13-15 in a row to get his % back up to par

and total game winning misses can be looked at as a misleading stat also

Mr. Jabbar
01-25-2014, 02:24 AM
kenneth griffin provides a strong kind of ether with this thread. we salute you :cheers:

Bandito
01-25-2014, 02:27 AM
Lebron stans are so mad...

:applause: @ OP

T_L_P
01-25-2014, 02:33 AM
Kobe Stans have an excuse for everything.

-Look at Kobe's stats during the three-peat when Shaq fouled out. Clearly proof he was 1b
-Of course Kobe shot poorly and unperformed in the '04 Finals; Detroit played suffocating D
-The only reason Kobe missed the Playoffs after Shaq left was because he was injured
-The only reason he finished 7th in West and got bumped in the First Round twice in a row is because he was on bad teams
-How is he bad at playing defense? He has 12 All-Defensive Team selections
-Kobe made Pau look good; he was pretty much a one man show in '09 and '10
-The only reason Kobe's clutch shooting numbers look bad is because he had two sets of hands in his face when he took all those shots
-He's super clutch, the NBA just screwed him over with this "additional shots" propaganda

It's pretty pathetic. Then again, LeBron Stans are just as bad; they point out all of Kobe's mishaps to try and divert attention away from LeBron's.

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 02:34 AM
what i mean is its harder for kobe to dig himself out of a hole than a guy whos taken 5-10 game winners and had 1-2 eventual misses added on without the makes

they can hit a few and be at 50% again while kobe would need to run off 13-15 in a row to get his % back up to par

and total game winning misses can be looked at as a misleading stat also

if his percentages are lower, then his percentages are lower. if he took more shots and dug a bigger hole, the fact that he takes more shots provides equal opportunity to dig himself out of the hole. not really sure how you're failing to understand this, it's very straightforward.

6 for 24
01-25-2014, 02:42 AM
Of course Kobe shot poorly and unperformed in the '04 Finals; Detroit played suffocating D

I don't understand this comment. How did Kobe shoot poorly in the '04 Finals? He put up 113 shoots, which was way more than anyone on either team. True, the Lakers lost due to Shaq pouting and not wanting Kobe to secure the Finals MVP, but you can't fault Kobe's production. Try to go outside and shoot 113 times. Not so easy!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

T_L_P
01-25-2014, 02:44 AM
I don't understand this comment. How did Kobe shoot poorly in the '04 Finals? He put up 113 shoots, which was way more than anyone on either team. True, the Lakers lost due to Shaq pouting and not wanting Kobe to secure the Finals MVP, but you can't fault Kobe's production. Try to go outside and shoot 113 times. Not so easy!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

:biggums:

russwest0
01-25-2014, 02:45 AM
Kobe Clutch God :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 02:46 AM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

:applause: dude you have my support. where were you recently when i got into a heated debate about the 2004 finals? this is quality shit right here

moe94
01-25-2014, 02:47 AM
:biggums:

Are you so bewildered by how badly he ended your arguments? It's honorable that you conceded defeat. Humility is rare and I commend you for your efforts, futile as they may have been. :cheers:

Marlo_Stanfield
01-25-2014, 02:50 AM
Kobe Clutch God :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
ripthekick alt confirmed:lol :lol :applause:

T_L_P
01-25-2014, 02:53 AM
Are you so bewildered by how badly he ended your arguments? It's honorable that you conceded defeat. Humility is rare and I commend you for your efforts, futile as they may have been. :cheers:

Ha, the only reason the Lakers lost is because Kobe didn't want Shaq to get another FMVP :facepalm

6 for 24
01-25-2014, 02:56 AM
:applause: dude you have my support. where were you recently when i got into a heated debate about the 2004 finals? this is quality shit right here

Thank you. We die-hard Kobe fans need to stick together and make sure his legend doesn't die off during this tragic "lost season". I suppose we can take it as a complement that someone would think of his 113-shoot performance in a 5-game Finals as "poor"-- it just shows the standards he's held too. But at the same time, people new to the NBA really should be aware that this is a most amazing statistic. As my friend Dumasai said during those Finals, "I can't believe Kobe is shooting so much!" (he was new to the game and obviously unaware of Kobe's incredible stamina, but I nodded my head in agreement to give him some satisfaction). So keep the legend alive!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Bandito
01-25-2014, 02:56 AM
Kobe Stans have an excuse for everything.

-Look at Kobe's stats during the three-peat when Shaq fouled out. Clearly proof he was 1b
-Of course Kobe shot poorly and unperformed in the '04 Finals; Detroit played suffocating D
-The only reason Kobe missed the Playoffs after Shaq left was because he was injured
-The only reason he finished 7th in West and got bumped in the First Round twice in a row is because he was on bad teams
-How is he bad at playing defense? He has 12 All-Defensive Team selections
-Kobe made Pau look good; he was pretty much a one man show in '09 and '10
-The only reason Kobe's clutch shooting numbers look bad is because he had two sets of hands in his face when he took all those shots
-He's super clutch, the NBA just screwed him over with this "additional shots" propaganda

It's pretty pathetic. Then again, LeBron Stans are just as bad; they point out all of Kobe's mishaps to try and divert attention away from LeBron's.
Did you see those Finals? The defense they played was that elite good. They prevented the Lakers from getting the ball inside and played Kobe double team coupled with a prime Prince defending him single coverage from time to time (tall and fast enough to disrupt Kobe).

They were also missing George and Karl MAlone, their starting forwards. But of course Lebron stans were probably 5 years old when that happened and don't even remember...

I am not even going to see some of your points because you seem to be another blind idiot:facepalm

DOn't even why I bother with this post.

moe94
01-25-2014, 02:58 AM
Ha, the only reason the Lakers lost is because Kobe didn't want Shaq to get another FMVP :facepalm

I usually reply to blatant gimmick accounts and take them seriously.

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 02:58 AM
Kobe prevented the Lakers from getting the ball inside

fixed that for you. you're welcome :cheers:

Bandito
01-25-2014, 03:00 AM
fixed that for you. you're welcome :cheers:
If you actually saw the games like I did you will know I am speaking the truth. But you are so biased toward Lebron that it doesn't really matter.

T_L_P
01-25-2014, 03:02 AM
Did you see those Finals? The defense they played was that elite good. They prevented the Lakers from getting the ball inside and played Kobe double team coupled with a prime Prince defending him single coverage from time to time (tall and fast enough to disrupt Kobe).

They were also missing George and Karl MAlone, their starting forwards. But of course Lebron stans were probably 5 years old when that happened and don't even remember...

I am not even going to see some of your points because you seem to be another blind idiot:facepalm

DOn't even why I bother with this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tDpobypzSo

I'm surprised Kobe even managed to get some of those shots off.

And even if you want to try and skew the facts and act like Kobe didn't stink, he should have just given the ball to Shaq.

T_L_P
01-25-2014, 03:03 AM
I usually reply to blatant gimmick accounts and take them seriously.

No gimmick, I've probably made less than 10 posts about either Kobe or LeBron.

moe94
01-25-2014, 03:05 AM
No gimmick, I've probably made less than 10 posts about either Kobe or LeBron.

I'm talking about that other dude. I wasn't serious, either. He made a joke post and you took it seriously.

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 03:06 AM
If you actually saw the games like I did you will know I am speaking the truth. But you are so biased toward Lebron that it doesn't really matter.

i watched every second of that series. i was actually a HUGE kobe fan prior to it, and it was that very Detroit series that woke me up to see that his greatness as a player was outweighed by his egocentricity and stubbornness. shaq was being played 1on1, kobe was being swarmed, and yet he took nearly 50% more shots than shaq took. he hogged the ball and there's no way around it.

also, I'm pretty sure moe and several other posters on this forum could rightfully confirm that i am not biased toward LeBron whatsoever, and in the proper context i am one of his biggest critics (excluding absurd haters who just troll about him).

Bandito
01-25-2014, 03:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tDpobypzSo

I'm surprised Kobe even managed to get some of those shots off.

And even if you want to try and skew the facts and act like Kobe didn't stink, he should have just given the ball to Shaq.
Never said Kobe didn't stink. He did, the Pistons owned his soul. Never said the contrary.

But the Lakers as a team where trying to get the ball to Shaq. Don't you remember when Shaq had the ball they were guarding him single coverage? Aside form scoring he couldn't do anything else. THey disrupted PJ gameplan. I mean Larry Brown beat PJ at coaching.

Shaq didn't stink but KObe did. I always said that but that doesn't mean Kobe stunk because he was playing horribly bad, he was, like I said before owned by a whole team based on passing and suffocating D.

I always repping 04, 05 Pistons team, they are the GOAT team without any true all stars caliber players. (I know they had 4 but they weren't really that good of players, they were just there because of fame)

Bandito
01-25-2014, 03:09 AM
i watched every second of that series. i was actually a HUGE kobe fan prior to it, and it was that very Detroit series that woke me up to see that his greatness as a player was outweighed by his egocentricity and stubbornness. shaq was being played 1on1, kobe was being swarmed, and yet he took nearly 50% more shots than shaq took. he hogged the ball and there's no way around it.

also, I'm pretty sure moe and several other posters on this forum could rightfully confirm that i am not biased toward LeBron whatsoever, and in the proper context i am one of his biggest critics (excluding absurd haters who just troll about him).
Sure man, whatever you say. :rolleyes:

T_L_P
01-25-2014, 03:10 AM
Never said Kobe didn't stink. He did, the Pistons owned his soul. Never said the contrary.

But the Lakers as a team where trying to get the ball to Shaq. Don't you remember when Shaq had the ball they were guarding him single coverage? Aside form scoring he couldn't do anything else. THey disrupted PJ gameplan. I mean Larry Brown beat PJ at coaching.

Shaq didn't stink but KObe did. I always said that but that doesn't mean Kobe stunk because he was playing horribly bad, he was, like I said before owned by a whole team based on passing and suffocating D.

I always repping 04, 05 Pistons team, they are the GOAT team without any true all stars caliber players. (I know they had 4 but they weren't really that good of players, they were just there because of fame)

Well then, I apologize. I thought you were trying to say something otherwise :cheers:

moe94
01-25-2014, 03:12 AM
Sure man, whatever you say. :rolleyes:

You're biased yourself, dude.

And no, dude rips on LeBron all the time.

Bandito
01-25-2014, 03:16 AM

I mostly downplay Lebron because the Lebron stans are just retarded.

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 03:19 AM
I mostly downplay Lebron because the Lebron stans are just retarded.

that is EXACTLY how i feel about kobe. and you can't deny that on ISH, the kobe stans / LeBron haters seem to vastly outnumber the bron stans

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 03:19 AM

:cheers: thank you Moe. us black actors gotta stick together

Bandito
01-25-2014, 03:26 AM
that is EXACTLY how i feel about kobe. and you can't deny that on ISH, the kobe stans / LeBron haters seem to vastly outnumber the bron stans
Kobe stans were the most retarded for a long while. I think they moved to being bron stans now because the same threads and posts you see now about Lebron were being made about Kobe back in 2010.:lol

Ish is da bess:rockon:

We have to make a head count to check if the Kobe stans/Lebron haters are outnumbering the stans because from my perspective I see more stans here from the Lebron side.

moe94
01-25-2014, 03:29 AM
All you need to know about the Kobe/LeBron situation is the threads that talk about least favorite player, 90% of the jokes are directed towards LeBron and the other 10% are rape jokes.

:cheers: thank you Moe. us black actors gotta stick together

:roll:

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 03:38 AM
Kobe stans were the most retarded for a long while. I think they moved to being bron stans now because the same threads and posts you see now about Lebron were being made about Kobe back in 2010.:lol

Ish is da bess:rockon:

We have to make a head count to check if the Kobe stans/Lebron haters are outnumbering the stans because from my perspective I see more stans here from the Lebron side.

in all honesty, i am not sure who outnumbers who. maybe the hate for LeBron is more visible at this point since he is more relevant as a player right now. the other possibility is that LeBron stans aren't outnumbered, they're just outposted. some of lbj's haters are funny as shit and truly are excellent posters, whereas his stans are mostly boring and forgettable

Bandito
01-25-2014, 03:41 AM
in all honesty, i am not sure who outnumbers who. maybe the hate for LeBron is more visible at this point since he is more relevant as a player right now. the other possibility is that LeBron stans aren't outnumbered, they're just outposted. some of lbj's haters are funny as shit and truly are excellent posters, whereas his stans are mostly boring and forgettable
Oh yeah Kobe stans >>>>> Lebron stans in the ways of trolling

More renowned stans/trolls

Kobe stans:

9erempire
kennethgriffin
ripthekik

there were more but they left.

Lebron stans:
pauk but he's retired but was the only one that could handle the GOAT Kobe stans like lakersreign
Lebron23
I can't think of anyone else that has made a mark here.

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 03:44 AM

Kobe stans:

9erempire
kennethgriffin
ripthekik

Lebron stans:
pauk but he's retired but was the only one that could handle the GOAT Kobe stans like lakersreign
Lebron23

Lebron23 is the most boring stan in the world. every time i watch a heat game and steve kerr is one of the gamecasters, i wonder if he's pauk.

TheMilkyBarKid
01-25-2014, 03:49 AM

Kobe stans:

9erempire
kennethgriffin
ripthekik

Lebron stans:
Lebron23
Rating stans/trolls like they accomplish anything...

Bandito
01-25-2014, 03:51 AM
Lebron23 is the most boring stan in the world. every time i watch a heat game and steve kerr is one of the gamecasters, i wonder if he's pauk.
:lol

But yeah like you can see kobe stans >>>>>> in terms of trolling and fun retarded topics.

absalom
01-25-2014, 09:20 AM
I have no problem with 9er and MrJabbar, I think they are intentionally doing it in order to create shit in this board. Imho, Ripthekik and his alternate handle Russwest0 is the worst of them. Dude always cries like a whiny little b*tch, just check his threads to see what I mean. (e.g. season is over because of injuries so the Heat would just cruise to the finals) :facepalm

Trollsmasher
01-25-2014, 09:41 AM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
Still the best video created by an ISH member:roll: :bowdown:

ArbitraryWater
01-25-2014, 09:53 AM
eventual game winner and you got shots in there where the team was already UP? wtf is this get outta here with your list of makes only bwahaha

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 09:57 AM
6/24 game 7. Dude can't handle pressure.

dubeta
08-09-2014, 12:12 AM
LMAO :cheers: this thread

Smoke117
08-09-2014, 12:47 AM
Kenneth G has lost is so bad he's trying to make kobe's horrible percentage in clutch shots matter~!!!!!!!! :facepalm :rolleyes: :roll:

sportjames23
08-09-2014, 02:15 AM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SpaceJammeR
08-09-2014, 06:59 AM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

goat name and goat ether.

Dragic4Life
08-09-2014, 07:01 AM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kblaze8855
08-09-2014, 08:08 AM
kobe bryant infact is the all time leader in game winners

Its shit like this that causes credibility issues with you.

Well...part of it.

People have only even attempted to make a list of 4 players of the thousands your claim covers. And of the 4....Kobe, Melo, and Lebron are the only ones from an era with full game logs. And even them....game by game shot records only started in the late 2000s.

If you don't have records for Jerry West, Sam Jones, Reggie, Bird, Kareem, and dozens of others you have no basis to make such a claim. Hell Reggie Miller made 14 game winners one season by the standards used by you. Ray was hitting them when he played with Vin Baker. Who knows his total.....

Acting like its a fact Kobe is #1 all time when we don't even have full information for 5 people is even more laughable than your usual.

Dresta
08-09-2014, 08:11 AM
That video does show why Kobe has such shitty percentages, and it's because other teams know he's never going to pass because Kobe needs the glory, and so they leave multiple teammates wide open to contest him.

ArbitraryWater
08-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Kobe fans need to face the facts, he'll never be able to pull off something as great as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4

This guy :facepalm troll

Dresta
08-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Oh man, that was even worse than i remembered :roll:

8 points: first 2 a putback, second 2 were FTs off a disgraceful flop, third 2 an open court dunk created by Wade's defense, fourth 2 a turnaround jumpshot over Jason Terry.

Atrocious.