PDA

View Full Version : Bulls More in Play for Carmelo than Lakers

Inferno
01-25-2014, 04:37 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carmelo-anthony-s-magical-62-point-night-shows-why-he-should-never-leave-new-york-054123184.html

"Chicago is much more in play for him than L.A.," the source said.

The Bulls traded Luol Deng for draft picks and are leaning strongly toward using the amnesty provision on Carlos Boozer. They could create a maximum contract slot for Anthony, pairing him with Derrick Rose. For Anthony, it is leaving a cap-strapped team through 2015 for a Chicago proposition with significant risks of its own. No one can be sure of Rose's return to his MVP greatness, but everyone can be sure of one thing: The franchise's mandate isn't winning championships, but sidestepping luxury and repeater taxes to turn the fattest possible profits for the owner.

I'd love to see him join the Bulls. Keeps some talent in the East, and a core of Rose/Butler/Melo/Noah could really make some noise :applause:

no pun intended
01-25-2014, 04:38 PM
obviously

navy
01-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Why do we accept anonymous sources in sports media? Literally anyone can make up a story and they do!!!!

Inferno
01-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Why do we accept anonymous sources in sports media? Literally anyone can make up a story and they do!!!!

WoJ is reporting though, so I trust him

DirkNowitzki41
01-25-2014, 04:40 PM
that would be a scary ass team.. if rose comes back looking like himself.

longtime lurker
01-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Love it. Make it a 3 team trade. Bulls send the Lakers Boozer and two draft picks, sign Melo and the Knicks get a trade exemption. Everybody wins.

guy
01-25-2014, 04:45 PM
As a Bulls fan, I'd look forward to it but not sure its the best move. I'm assuming they're bringing Mirotic over regardless right? I don't know, is using that cap space to just sign Melo better then using it to sign more then just one player like lets say Lance Stephenson and Zach Randolph?

jalbert009
01-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Love it. Make it a 3 team trade. Bulls send the Lakers Boozer and two draft picks, sign Melo and the Knicks get a trade exemption. Everybody wins.

or they can wait for the off season an sign him up without giving up anything.

Fire Colangelo
01-25-2014, 04:48 PM
As a Bulls fan, I'd look forward to it but not sure its the best move. I'm assuming they're bringing Mirotic over regardless right? I don't know, is using that cap space to just sign Melo better then using it to sign more then just one player like lets say Lance Stephenson and Zach Randolph?

If rose comes back at MVP level which I doubt, it would be better for the bulls to sign a few good players to surround rose. If not, i say go for carmelo. Melo strives when he has a good pg on his side, so I think the rose-melo combo would be scary as fk

Milbuck
01-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Make some noise? A healthy Thibs coached Rose-Butler-Melo-Taj-Noah starting 5 could compete with anyone. That's a championship core. Even if you take out Rose and put in Augustin (who has been balling with the Bulls recently) that's still a sick starting 5.

jalbert009
01-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Make some noise? A healthy Thibs coached Rose-Butler-Melo-Taj-Noah starting 5 could compete with anyone. That's a championship core. Even if you take out Rose and put in Augustin (who has been balling with the Bulls recently) that's still a sick starting 5.

I agree. I dont think Rose will ever return to form. He needs to become a pass first point guard and develop a killer 3 point shot if he wants to continue playing. Good example is Grant Hill. He sucked it up, changed his game and became a role player but at least he could still play.

Haymaker
01-25-2014, 05:01 PM
Will Melo buy into Thib's defense-first philosophy? Are there enougn balls for Rose and Melo to share? Who is going to be their playmaker? Bad fit IMO. Melo should try taking less money to play with a legit contender.

Milbuck
01-25-2014, 05:03 PM
I agree. I dont think Rose will ever return to form. He needs to become a pass first point guard and develop a killer 3 point shot if he wants to continue playing. Good example is Grant Hill. He sucked it up, changed his game and became a role player but at least he could still play.

I think Rose will be fine. He looked like pretty close to his old self athletically after his return from the ACL tear. Obviously he sucked because of rust and all that, but athletically he looked like D-Rose. This new injury isn't nearly as bad, and unless he suffers ANOTHER injury I think he can get back.

I agree that he has to change his game though. But not because he won't be his old self, but because he needs to preserve his body. And because he needs a wider offensive arsenal to fall back on when teams like Miami trap him.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-25-2014, 05:04 PM
Will Melo buy into Thib's defense-first philosophy? Are there enougn balls for Rose and Melo to share? Who is going to be their playmaker? Bad fit IMO. Melo should try taking less money to play with a legit contender.

Let's be real, Melo is a bad fit on nearly every team if he's playing with another star player. One or both players will need to change their game a little.

I don't know how it would work cap wise, but he would be a great fit on the Clippers.

Milbuck
01-25-2014, 05:07 PM

1) The Bulls defense is more team-oriented than anything. Boozer was a crap defender but the Bulls were still one of the best defensive teams in the league. As long as Taj, Butler, and Noah are on the team and Thibs is the coach, the Bulls will always be a good defensive team. And offensively it'd be just fine. The Bulls have looking for a secondary shot creator for like 4 years now.

2) The Bulls FO has tried their best to tank this season. When the whole organization is all in to win, they could definitely put together a contending cast for Melo. They pretty much already have one for next season with Rose, Butler, Taj, Noah, Snell, Augustin, etc. and Thibs as a coach. That's better than anything Melo has ever had.

HOoopCityJones
01-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Who cares , we want Love + high draft pick.

(Exum , Wiggins or Jabari would be nice)

SpecialQue
01-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Melo on the Bulls could be great. Now if only Rose could stop getting injured.

niko
01-25-2014, 05:16 PM
There's the place to go, a team that even if you are in contention will cut players to make sure profits are high. Melo can go there and then they need to waive Boozer and trade Taj away to stay under tax.

guy
01-25-2014, 05:58 PM
If rose comes back at MVP level which I doubt, it would be better for the bulls to sign a few good players to surround rose. If not, i say go for carmelo. Melo strives when he has a good pg on his side, so I think the rose-melo combo would be scary as fk

What exactly do you mean by strive? Melo hasn't exactly done anything that great. Whatever the case, whatever great talent the Bulls can get is something I'll be happy about just because Rose is such a wildcard. But I definitely don't think Melo can be some kind of savior or someone who's going to make his team that much better, if better at all, then a deal like I suggested whether Rose is healthy or not.

LongLiveTheKing
01-25-2014, 06:00 PM
Melo and Rose would be interesting.

Bosnian Sajo
01-25-2014, 07:19 PM
"No one can be sure of Rose's return to his MVP greatness, but everyone can be sure of one thing: The franchise's mandate isn't winning championships, but sidestepping luxury and repeater taxes to turn the fattest possible profits for the owner."

Did you all miss this part from the OP? This is exactly what Melo is running from, he WANTS to win a championship more than anything.

SamuraiSWISH
01-25-2014, 07:25 PM
As a Bulls fan, I'd look forward to it but not sure its the best move.
:biggums:

I was gung ho for us trading Deng in 2011 for Melo when he was on the block, and our dumb management didn't want to part with Deng. Melo takes us to the next level, easily.

Thibs coached Bulls team defensively, w/ Melo for offensive firepower could be a better team potentially than the 2011 Chicago Bulls. Think about it ...

Even if D-Rose returns to 80% of what he was in his MVP season, which IMO is the BEST case scenario. That team could be scary.

Especially if they tanked this year to get a potential lottery pick. Which I don't understand why they're not doing.

G - D. Rose / Hinrich / Augistine
G - Butler
F - Melo
F - Gibson
C - Noah

Hell, even:

G - Hinrich / Augistine
G - Butler
F - Melo
F - Gibson
C - Noah

All would be LEGIT teams, that a championship core with D-Rose and Melo. It would be crazy to see all these guys together. With an aging Heat team, and potentially a style that can compete with Indiana. Bulls could win a ring with that lineup.

guy
01-25-2014, 08:05 PM

I was gung ho for us trading Deng in 2011 for Melo when he was on the block, and our dumb management didn't want to part with Deng. Melo takes us to the next level, easily.

Thibs coached Bulls team defensively, w/ Melo for offensive firepower could be a better team potentially than the 2011 Chicago Bulls. Think about it ...

Even if D-Rose returns to 80% of what he was in his MVP season, which IMO is the BEST case scenario. That team could be scary.

Especially if they tanked this year to get a potential lottery pick. Which I don't understand why they're not doing.

G - Butler
F - Melo
F - Gibson
C - Noah

Hell, even:

G - Hinrich / Augistine
G - Butler
F - Melo
F - Gibson
C - Noah

All would be LEGIT teams, that a championship core with D-Rose and Melo. It would be crazy to see all these guys together. With an aging Heat team, and potentially a style that can compete with Indiana. Bulls could win a ring with that lineup.

I'm not saying they couldn't win a championship. The ceiling with Melo and a healthy Rose is high. But all I'm saying is we've seen so many teams led by Melo fall short of expectations i.e all the AI/Melo teams, his last year in Denver, and every year in New York so far other then last year. Really, only 2009 and 2013 were years where his team met expectations, which isn't some huge achievement cause you would think sooner or later that SHOULD happen. Of course, couple that with the uncertainty of Rose's health, and nothing is certain. I would still think the Bulls would be a top 4 seed with this team just cause a Thibodeau-coached team with talent is not doing anything less. I'm just saying it doesn't necessarily mean its that much better then using that money to sign a couple of good players instead of one, like Lance Stephenson and Zach Randolph for example.

coolhandsteve
01-25-2014, 10:24 PM
I think Rose will be fine. He looked like pretty close to his old self athletically after his return from the ACL tear. Obviously he sucked because of rust and all that, but athletically he looked like D-Rose. This new injury isn't nearly as bad, and unless he suffers ANOTHER injury I think he can get back.

I agree that he has to change his game though. But not because he won't be his old self, but because he needs to preserve his body. And because he needs a wider offensive arsenal to fall back on when teams like Miami trap him.

This pretty much..especially if they get Melo he'll need to become more of a passer.

Upgrayedd
01-25-2014, 11:36 PM
Bring Mirotic over, draft/trade for/sign a back up 2 and one more Center...

C: Noah/?
PF: Taj/Mirotic
SF: Melo/Dunleavy/Snell
SG: Butler/Hinrich/?
PG: Rose/Augustin/Hinrich

:bowdown:

AnaheimLakers24
01-25-2014, 11:39 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carmelo-anthony-s-magical-62-point-night-shows-why-he-should-never-leave-new-york-054123184.html

I'd love to see him join the Bulls. Keeps some talent in the East, and a core of Rose/Butler/Melo/Noah could really make some noise :applause:
the idiot will saty in ny just watch :facepalm

Mr.Kite
01-25-2014, 11:40 PM
who cares...we want embiid and build around both embiid and love

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Thibs will do wonders for Melo. Might make him a true MVP.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Imagine Rose comes back to play with Melo, Boozer and Noah.:eek: :bowdown:

Upgrayedd
01-25-2014, 11:45 PM
Thibs will do wonders for Melo. Might make him a true MVP.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Imagine Rose comes back to play with Melo, Boozer and Noah.:eek: :bowdown:

No. Boozer needs to go. Start Taj, bring over Mirotic to come off the bench.

FireDavidKahn
01-26-2014, 01:01 AM
Melo moving onto his 3rd team. Knicks lose out again.:oldlol:

EllEffEll
01-26-2014, 02:15 AM
The Laker landscape has undergone a radical change the past two years, and they are not currently a destination for just about any NBA star than can chart their own course.

Kupchak will have to hog-tie and gag Jimmy Buss, leaving only his check signing hand enough mobility to initial several blank monetary instruments. Then Kupchak will have to pull a half dozen rabbits from his colon before Carmelo will even gaze in the Laker's general direction.

And then, there is his former coach that is now the coach of the Lakers. . . .

Yeah, Carmelo is highly unlikely to become a Laker.

guy
01-26-2014, 01:49 PM

G - Butler
F - Melo
F - Gibson
C - Noah

Hell, even:

G - Hinrich / Augistine
G - Butler
F - Melo
F - Gibson
C - Noah

Just to add to my previous response to you, I will say this would probably be the best situation overall Melo has ever been in just cause of the coach and attitudes of the players. Thibodeau would at least make Melo an average defender and even if Melo doesn't embrace the defensive mentality of the team, that won't stop the rest of the team unlike it did in Denver and New York. This team wouldn't tune Thibs out the way those Nuggets tuned out Karl and these Knicks have tuned out Woodson. There also wouldn't be many shoot-first players on this team. Shit, maybe its not fair to judge Melo until he gets to not play on a JR Smith team for at least a full season :oldlol:

moe94
01-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Bulls actually think Rose will be back to being Rose again?

guy
01-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Bulls actually think Rose will be back to being Rose again?

Got to keep hope alive man :(

Sharmer
01-26-2014, 08:19 PM

Melo could only win under a great coach . Bulls would be a good move Tom Thibodeau would clean out Melo ball hogging.

beastee
01-27-2014, 03:12 PM
Im a Bulls fan, but I hate to burst some bubbles...Bulls only have 10.5 mil cap space for next year.

So Boozer will get amnestied, they let hinrich walk and would have to trade Taj to open up 20 mil that Melo will require.

So...
Rose/Augustine (If he takes a small contract)
Butler/?? Rodney Hood or Aaron Harrison via draft?
Melo/ Snell
Mirotic/ 2nd round DP
Noah/MLE

With Taj gone and Melo added....That Defense really suffers. But they will score a ton!

imdaman99
01-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Melo moving onto his 3rd team. Knicks lose out again.:oldlol:
Meanwhile Timberwolves rack up their NBA championships :rockon: