PDA

View Full Version : So are Brooklyn good now?

Aidz
01-25-2014, 05:51 PM
9-1 since the start of the new year.

Won @OKC.
Beat Hawks, GSW, Heat.
Beat Dallas last night.

Smook A.
01-25-2014, 05:54 PM
They're definitely finding their groove now. They needed chemistry and I think those guys are clicking now

ChuckOakley
01-25-2014, 05:55 PM
We will find out.

Back to back vs. Indy and OKC coming up and revenge game vs. Toronto our only loss in 2014 though we just beat Miami in double OT the night before, got into Toronto at 4am, had no D.Will, KG or Lopez and had a 10 point lead late in the third before hitting a wall.

r0drig0lac
01-25-2014, 06:16 PM
they have the most stacked cast of the championship, and basically all their key players can create their own shot, it will be decisive in the playoffs, I bet on them to make the finals before the season starts, and I'm increasingly confident that can happen

IncarceratedBob
01-25-2014, 06:20 PM
No real impressive wins, no superstar, etc. Pretender

LongLiveTheKing
01-25-2014, 06:21 PM
They is good now. They will still lost to Heat or Pacers in the playoffs.

veilside23
this is what people expected them to be ... and i guess the revelation of livingston and mirza somehow can solidify their bench ... Note that they are 9-1 without lopez and 7 games without dwill.

smoovegittar
Their defense is much better... They're gonna make some noise in the playoffs.

Rodmantheman
01-25-2014, 06:23 PM
They is good now. They will still lost to Heat or Pacers in the playoffs.

please tell me English is your second language.

ChuckOakley
01-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Beating

Miami
OKC in OKC
GSW on a 10 game win streak without our two best players
Dallas a WC playoff team
Atlanta the #3 seed in the East twice, blowing them out in London
Blowing NY in MSG

Those were all impressive.

Then again I'm talking to a guy named after a Knick fan with little reputability.
I would expect as much.

BigTicket
I could see them climbing up to third place, but it wouldn't matter much, the East is still a two team conference.

LongLiveTheKing
please tell me English is your second language.
I was trying to be funny :(

Jameerthefear
01-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Doesn't matter. No when is beating Miami or Indiana. If they get to .500 I'll start taking them seriously.

ChuckOakley
01-25-2014, 06:36 PM
Doesn't matter. No when is beating Miami or Indiana. If they get to .500 I'll start taking them seriously.
And yet, they've beaten Miami 4 times since October while missing key players. Indy I agree. I don't think anyone in the East or West is beating them.

Also everyone knew it was going to take an while for this team with a rookie coach to gel and they dug a huge hole 11 games under .500. but .500 will happen. 2014 has been a new season for them.

Jameerthefear
01-25-2014, 06:37 PM
And yet, they've beaten Miami 4 times since October while missing key players. Indy I agree. I don't think anyone in the East or West is beating them.

Also everyone knew it was going to take an while for this team with a rookie coach to gel and they dug a huge hole 11 games under .500. but .500 will happen. 2014 has been a new season for them.
Regular season. Must I remind you of Chicago?

navy
01-25-2014, 06:39 PM
And yet, they've beaten Miami 4 times

Umm what?

ChuckOakley
01-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Regular season. Must I remind you of Chicago?
After not beating Miami in 5 or 6 years it builds confidence and puts doubt in Miami's mind. Simple as that. Meanwhile Miami only had to stop over player in Chicago who had horrible averages against them..and they did.

ChuckOakley
01-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Umm what?
Since October they have beaten Miami four times.
It was rather clear what I meant by including the month.

navy
01-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Since October they have beaten Miami four times.
It was rather clear what I meant by including the month.

Wait...preseason? :oldlol:

Dude, that isnt an accomplishment.

ChuckOakley
01-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Wait...preseason? :oldlol:

Dude, that isnt an accomplishment.
Never said it was...but it added confidence to an team that hadn't beaten Miami in 13 straight tries and all of a sudden has beat them four times in a row. Meant little to Miami, meant something to the Nets and that has carried over.

Will it for the playoffs?
I don't claim to know...or if they will meet.

gigantes
01-25-2014, 06:54 PM
it's nice to see, but rather odd how a team can take off like this after losing their two franchise players.

i know chemistry and kidd's learning curve explains some of that, but i'm not sure it explains the whole thing.

Jameerthefear
01-25-2014, 07:08 PM
you a nets fan gigantes?

KyrieTheFuture
01-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Ewing theory in full force with Brooklyn

It's A VC3!!!
01-25-2014, 07:16 PM
They are good because Brook Lopez is injured. Immediately when Brook went down, the team became quicker, better defensively and more importantly, roles were clearly defined. Let's face it, Joe, Pierce and Deron don't like feeding the ball in the post and sitting around and doing nothing. Each of those players likes creating their own offense and now that Brook has went down they have the opportunity to do so. Brook is a great player but it's not feasible to have a team do well when each player in the starting unit needs the ball in their hands. Can we win a championship without Brook? The Heat and Pacers would still beat us in 5 or 6 because of their continuity, experience and youth.

gigantes
01-25-2014, 07:18 PM
you a nets fan gigantes?
since 2001.

Uncle Drew
01-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Championship or bust still stands.

veilside23
01-25-2014, 07:22 PM
since 2001.

he didnt know :)

Also welcome back Chuckoakley its been awhile man.

Nets will be tested the next few games also if they can beat IND even only one game regular season id be happy :)

navy
01-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Championship or bust still stands.
Only for the front office/owner. Nobody else really thinks they will make it.

The JKidd Kid
01-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Ewing theory in full force with Brooklyn

No it's just now the Nets don't have to deal with Lopezs flaws and how he was hurting the team more than helping.

ChuckOakley
01-25-2014, 07:48 PM
They are good because Brook Lopez is injured. Immediately when Brook went down, the team became quicker, better defensively and more importantly, roles were clearly defined. Let's face it, Joe, Pierce and Deron don't like feeding the ball in the post and sitting around and doing nothing. Each of those players likes creating their own offense and now that Brook has went down they have the opportunity to do so. Brook is a great player but it's not feasible to have a team do well when each player in the starting unit needs the ball in their hands. Can we win a championship without Brook? The Heat and Pacers would still beat us in 5 or 6 because of their continuity, experience and youth.
It wasn't immediate at all.
They hit rock bottom after he went out and only came to like when Livingston was put into the starting line up and AK came back.

kNIOKAS
01-25-2014, 07:52 PM
You mean not marketable? IDK about that, son.

It's A VC3!!!
01-25-2014, 07:52 PM
It wasn't immediate at all.
They hit rock bottom after he went out and only came to like when Livingston was put into the starting line up.
I don't mean immediate as in one or two games. It was about four to six games after Brook went down for the season that the Nets got back on a roll.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
01-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Remember, the Nets can still sign a player under the Disabled Player Exception since Lopez is out for the whole season.
A back up SG would do wonders, Jason Terry and Alan Anderson in that spot aren't reliable, and Terry is straight up finished as a good player unless he was a magic turnaround this last half of the season.

netsfan549
01-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Remember, the Nets can still sign a player under the Disabled Player Exception since Lopez is out for the whole season.
A back up SG would do wonders, Jason Terry and Alan Anderson in that spot aren't reliable, and Terry is straight up finished as a good player unless he was a magic turnaround this last half of the season.

we need a quicker SG

HylianNightmare
01-25-2014, 08:22 PM
hopefully, they have been figuring it out. time for new york to do it aswell

coin24
01-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Would be epic if they knocked the cHeat out

niko
01-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Yes.

QuebecBaller
01-25-2014, 09:00 PM
we need a quicker SG

He's available

http://media.nj.com/nets_impact/photo/terrence-williams-nets-kings-ba02f91b7adccbc6_large.jpg

It's A VC3!!!
01-25-2014, 09:11 PM

Signing Vince Carter would be an ultimate blessing, for the team and myself as well. Nets fans are under appreciative of Alan Anderson though. He's not a scrub, nor is he offensively challenged. He's averaging 9 points per game despite not having one play ran for him. He was putrid in his last game but he has generally been consistent for us and knocked down a big three here and there but most importantly, played very solid defense. Terry on the other hand has been :face palm x500.
He plays off excitement and sometimes he gets so excited that he unconsciously shoots a 30 footer for no reason and can shoot the Nets out of the gym. Oh, and when he runs point guard? :face palm x1000
Although he did have that one 7 assist game where he looked like Rondo out there.

Don't hate on Anderson though. Although he's not that reliable on offense, his defense makes up for it.

alexd
01-25-2014, 09:15 PM
is it just me or anyone else think that Kirilenko is the xfactor here?

gigantes
01-25-2014, 09:22 PM
He's available

http://media.nj.com/nets_impact/photo/terrence-williams-nets-kings-ba02f91b7adccbc6_large.jpg
i always liked t-will, but the question is-- has he graduated from being a knucklehead yet?

It's A VC3!!!
01-25-2014, 09:23 PM
is it just me or anyone else think that Kirilenko is the xfactor here?

He's been one of the top three reasons for the Nets new-found success. However, I think the x-factor is the Nets bench as a whole. Kirilenko is not good enough anymore to be the sole x-factor for any team. Between Blatche, Kirilenko and Mirza, the Nets need all three to have solid performances. Each do something different, which is why the Nets need their production. Unfortunately, Mirza and Blatche are semi-inconsistent so out of this group, Kirilenko is the one we rely on more.

niko
01-25-2014, 09:25 PM
i always liked t-will, but the question is-- has he graduated from being a knucklehead yet?
No, plus his skillset seems to have regressed.

JohnFreeman
01-25-2014, 09:37 PM
When you look at the salary tax and how many stars they have...it really isn't impressive.

It's A VC3!!!
01-25-2014, 09:39 PM
When you look at the salary tax and how many stars they have...it really isn't impressive.
9-1 in 2014 isn't impressive?

I get we had an abysmal 2013 and our new-found success isn't going to erase that but with the changes we made 9-1 is surely impressive.

JohnFreeman
01-25-2014, 09:42 PM
9-1 in 2014 isn't impressive?

I get we had an abysmal 2013 and our new-found success isn't going to erase that but with the changes we made 9-1 is surely impressive.
It is what was expected. I like that they are doing better though.

gigantes
01-25-2014, 09:45 PM
their two franchise players have been out, their chemistry has sucked, rookie HC thrown in to the fire, most of the other stars are ancient, and a lot of other injuries and underperformance... making your comment not very impressive, either.

guy
01-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Its amazing how bad the East is. The Nets and Bulls are having seasons way below expectations with their best players gone for the year and riddled with injuries overall, but they still will most likely end up with a top 4 seed like we all expected.

niko
01-26-2014, 01:48 PM
How come there is no juice for Brooklyn/Boston today? It's such a non story for some reason.

guy
01-26-2014, 01:50 PM
How come there is no juice for Brooklyn/Boston today? It's such a non story for some reason.

Brooklyn is not that good and more importantly Pierce and KG aren't that good anymore.

Boarder Patrol
01-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Yeah, Brooklyn is legit now. I still don't think they'll beat the Heat or Pacers, but that was never my expectation. 2nd round, tough out. Not bad considering the start.

Sharmer
01-26-2014, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=Aidz]9-1 since the start of the new year.

Won @OKC.
Beat Hawks, GSW, Heat.
Beat Dallas last night.[/Q

Besides the Pacers they match well with everyone in the East. They have size so they would have troubles for Miami.