PDA

View Full Version : Rockets aren't going ANYWHERE with Kevin McHale

Smook A.
01-25-2014, 11:25 PM
Literally during EVERY timeout this is what he says: Shoot the ball guys (claps hands 3 times), we need to get going c'mon (claps hands 3 more times), we need to score more points than them and play better (clap clap clap)

Not ONCE does he mention play better defense. When our players play bad this guy doesnt motivate them at all! All he says is "Play better guys"... wtf man!! And he says it in the nicest way. You're not supposed to say it in a nice way!!! Get in their faces! Motivate them to play better! This idiot runs nothing but isos. He draws ponys, and unicorns on his play board. I literally have not seen ONE play on the court. This idiot has the worst rotations ever and his leadership is TERRIBLE! Are you kidding me? With the guys we have we can be better! Down the stretch there are literally no plays drawn!!!! Only isos. ISOS!!!!!!

Fire this clueless moron, I don't fvcking want him on this team!!!! He may have been a good player but holy sh*t this guy is one of the stupidest coaches of all time.

Take a look at this thread made in late 2012. Almost 7000 posts with rockets fans saying he needs to be fired. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=218754&page=332

Raymone
01-25-2014, 11:26 PM
or Dwight.

CelticBaller
01-25-2014, 11:27 PM
or Harden

navy
01-25-2014, 11:28 PM
or Tmac

navy
01-25-2014, 11:28 PM
Or Yao

navy
01-25-2014, 11:29 PM
or Hakeem....oh wait.

Meticode
01-25-2014, 11:32 PM

Bandwagon fan, irrelevent thread. Howard is going to be the bane of your team. Good luck mother****er! :banana:

PJR
01-25-2014, 11:33 PM
That team needs Stan Van Gundy.

Smook A.
or Dwight.

or Harden

I watch every single game. Im gonna be reallll honest with you... they aren't the problems.

GoranDragon
or Lin

CelticBaller

Bandwagon fan, irrelevent thread. Howard is going to be the bane of your team. Good luck mother****er! :banana:
so hostile :no:

Smook A.
01-25-2014, 11:34 PM

Been a fan since I was 8 (it was 1997)

I just joined because I didn't like RealGM anymore... lol

Im not a bandwagon... at all.

cos88
01-25-2014, 11:36 PM
they are going to dallas on wednesday :confusedshrug:

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 11:36 PM
Who the hell would choose to bandwagon the HOU over MIA, OKC or LAC???

OP is a real fan. Just like I'm an ardent fan of PHX and Lebron James.:cheers:

CelticBaller
01-25-2014, 11:38 PM
Lebron James.:cheers:
You're either a front runner, bandwagoner, or a homosexual

pick one

Meticode
01-25-2014, 11:38 PM
so hostile :no:
At least you're recognize it.

**** Denver

CelticBaller
01-25-2014, 11:39 PM
At least you're recognize it.
Nobody likes the ponies tho, they just ride the manning bandwagon, just like bran
****, i just realized i contradicted my self, well be hostile then!

Meticode
01-25-2014, 11:40 PM
Been a fan since I was 8 (it was 1997)

I just joined because I didn't like RealGM anymore... lol

Im not a bandwagon... at all.
Well, at least you're not a Cavaliers fan. We have Mr. Potato Head and you got ****in' Frankenstein. Who has less a brain?

http://cdn.na16.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/kevin-mchale-frankenstein.jpg

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/80/0/bb/1/ffffff/ca3e43adb0142279577df2fe65b1a8f5/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/SPORTS/2012/11/gallery-the-funniest-mike-brown-coaching-memes/potato_380125.jpg

Jameerthefear
01-25-2014, 11:40 PM
That team needs Stan Van Gundy.
Couldn't agree more. He knows how to work with 3 point shooters, Dwight, and is a GREAT defensive coach.

Meticode
01-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Nobody likes the ponies tho, they just ride the manning bandwagon, just like bran
****, i just realized i contacted my self, well be hostile then!
It's just the way it is. I remember back in the mid-late 90s everyone had an Elway and Terrell Davis jersey. Then after Elway retired and they were relevant anymore you didn't see that shit anymore. People just like rooting for the best pretending they've been through the pain and glory of losing and winning.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-25-2014, 11:42 PM
are u all retarded??? howard has nothing to do with it. yes he could hit more post ups but overall hes doing his job well.
this is ALL on McHale and Harden.
Harden is the worst cancer in the league. kills ANY offensive flow every game by ball stopping. he either doesnt pass an entire game and chucks away three pointers or overpasses and doesnt shoot at all. never anything in the flow of the game. when his countless flops dont get rewarded hes USELESS like today( even tho he got some strange calls even today). he is a has a negative impact on the rockets most of the time as he plays absolutely ZERO defense:facepalm

McFail is the most clueless coach EVER. hes ruining Houston just like he did to Minny.he has only two plays. Howard post up, which barely ever works against good defenses and Harden iso, which doesnt work often either and kills any flow of the offense. the rest is senseless passing on the perimeter till someone randomly chucks up a contested 3.
he also has 5 guys at least that play PG. He HATES Jeremy Lin there is no other explanation. Everytime the rockets as a team look great its when Lin dominates the ball and gets everyone involved especially with Howard on PnR. If that works for two games they suddenly completely go away from it and Lin is used as a spot up shooter in the corner again:biggums: :biggums:
u think thats on Lin?? heck no those are mcfails stupid coaching order.

also Rockets are 16-5 with lin playing more than 30 minutes and 9-10 with Beverley playing more than 30 minutes, yet he prefers beverley who rivals Rubio as the worst shooter in the world:biggums: :biggums: :facepalm

oh he also never drew up a good play out of a timeout.
This guy is a complete JOKE and Morey the fat stat nerd isnt much better either.
Rockets will fail to win a Championship because they will hold on to McFail to long:facepalm

AnaheimLakers24
01-25-2014, 11:43 PM
are u all retarded??? howard has nothing to do with it. yes he could hit more post ups but overall hes doing his job well.
Harden is the worst cancer in the league. kills ANY offensive flow every game by ball stopping. he either doesnt pass an entire game and chucks away three pointers or overpasses and doesnt shoot at all. never anything in the flow of the game. when his countless flops dont get rewarded hes USELESS like today( even tho he got some strange calls even today). he is a has a negative impact on the rockets most of the time as he plays absolutely ZERO defense:facepalm

McFail is the most clueless coach EVER. hes ruining Houston just like he did to Minny.he has only two plays. Howard post up, which barely ever works against good defenses and Harden iso, which doesnt work often either and kills any flow of the offense. the rest is senseless passing on the perimeter till someone randomly chucks up a contested 3.
he also has 5 guys at least that play PG. He HATES Jeremy Lin there is no other explanation. Everytime the rockets as a team look great its when Lin dominates the ball and gets everyone involved especially with Howard on PnR. If that works for two games they suddenly completely go away from it and Lin is used as a spot up shooter in the corner again:biggums: :biggums:

also Rockets are 16-5 with lin playing more than 30 minutes and 9-10 with Beverley playing more than 30 minutes, yet he prefers beverley who rivals Rubio as the worst shooter in the world:biggums: :biggums: :facepalm

This guy is a complete JOKE and Morey the fat stat nerd isnt much better either.
Rockets will fail to win a Championship because they will hold on to McFail to long:facepalm
lol fgt:roll:

Meticode
01-25-2014, 11:44 PM

I think you overreacted, but okay. Keep that head up.

Smook A.

You sir are correct! This is exactly why McFail SUCKS!

Marlo_Stanfield
lol fgt:roll:
whats wrong should i have bashed dwight?? is that cool now??

Marlo_Stanfield
01-25-2014, 11:45 PM
You sir are correct! This is exactly why McFail SUCKS!
but i will get flamed for this by dwight haters and Rockets fans:facepalm

Marlo_Stanfield
01-25-2014, 11:47 PM
btw McFail has added another play to his arsenal. fake high post up with dwight who gives it to haren in the low post who turns around and throws a shot at the rim while flopping his bearded face bacl
McGenious:bowdown: :applause:

Smook A.
whats wrong should i have bashed dwight?? is that cool now??
Those laker fans need to see that Dwight Howard is not the problem. I've seen every game and he's not the MAIN reason the Rockets lose their games. That clueless idiot Kevin McFail can't draw plays

Meticode
but i will get flamed for this by dwight haters and Rockets fans:facepalm
I feel you are correct in your analysis. Congratulations.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-25-2014, 11:51 PM
Those laker fans need to see that Dwight Howard is not the problem. I've seen every game and he's not the MAIN reason the Rockets lose their games. That clueless idiot Kevin McFail can't draw plays
what do u say about his usage of Lin?? do you agree that lin AND the Rockets looked amazing everytime he was allowed to play real PG and did PnR with Dwight??
why do u think he always goes away from such an easy working system??
is it his retardation or borderline racist hate??:wtf:

Smook A.
01-25-2014, 11:54 PM
what do u say about his usage of Lin?? do you agree that lin AND the Rockets looked amazing everytime he was allowed to play real PG and did PnR with Dwight??
why do u think he always goes away from such an easy working system??
is it his retardation or borderline racist hate??:wtf:
Kevin McRacist doesn't like asians

Jameerthefear
01-25-2014, 11:56 PM
Yeah I really hate how Mchale doesn't use the Lin and Howard PnR. Lin is a great finisher and usually always can get the ball to Dwight inside. I can't remember what game it was, but Lin and Howard were both beasting and they looked like they had been running it for years.

Smook A.
01-25-2014, 11:58 PM
Yeah I really hate how Mchale doesn't use the Lin and Howard PnR. Lin is a great finisher and usually always can get the ball to Dwight inside. I can't remember what game it was, but Lin and Howard were both beasting and they looked like they had been running it for years.
I still can't believe the idiot starts Beverley over Lin. Smh :facepalm :facepalm

Jameerthefear
01-26-2014, 12:00 AM
I still can't believe the idiot starts Beverley over Lin. Smh :facepalm :facepalm
yeah i think lin plays his best when paired with howard.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-26-2014, 12:04 AM
that was only two weeks ago against both boston and wizards two games in a row. lin also owned wall and shut him down in the clutch. Lin and Howard absolutely OWNED. Lin completeled absolutely insane passes and lobs and got everyone not only howard involved. Howard had insane finished and was grinning all game.
then right after that Lin parked the entire next game in the corner and since then did so every game and is now a bench scrub again having to fight for every minute while beverley plays 35 minute per game and has 9 PPG on 38% shooting:biggums: :biggums:
Also Lin is now a WAY better defender than beverley so there zero reason to not start him.
i think tho its hardens call who doesnt want to share the ball with lin too and beverley is his biggest lap dog.
really crazy how the rockets are actively trying to destroy lins career and look like idiots in the process:facepalm

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 01:09 AM
Lin sucks. Trade that scrub. He can't shoot, can't play defense, doesn't have a left hand and he can't finish at the rim.

What can this guy do? He's also one of the softest players I've ever seen. He's a soft guard and mentally fragile.

He'll be having an excellent game but gets down on himself after a couple of missed shots or bad turnovers. He plays tentative and that hurts the Rockets offense.

He's a TO machine and has a low basketball IQ. His TOs aren't 'good' TOs either. Most of his TOs come as result of him not knowing what to do when he drives in.

You're supposed to drive in knowing what to do. Either finish with a dunk, layup, floater, tear drop, etc....kick the ball out to the shooters or throw it up so your center/pf can catch it at the rim.

Lin always drives in and jumps with no where to go so ends up turning the ball over. I literally facepalmed not too long ago watching Lin play. The other team's center switched up on a pick so Lin had a mismatch. He drove in but couldn't get by his man lol....he was stuck in the paint trying to pump fake and got called for a 3 second violation.

:facepalm :roll:

This guy is mentally weak. Houston doesn't need him but they're stuck with him because of his contract. lol

KungFuJoe
01-26-2014, 04:10 AM
Lin's got obvious weaknesses, but his upside is very high.

The guy can flat out take over a game when everything is clicking. Yeah, he's inconsistent (he's a young player in terms of experience) but let's face it...he already has MULTIPLE 30+ point games and even a couple 30/10 games, I believe. Beverley hasn't even cracked 20 points in a game and I think 8 assists is his career high.

There is no way Bev should be starting over Lin.

Lin is the kind of player that needs support from his team and coach. He had it in NY with D'Antoni and guys like Chandler, Fields, Jeffries, NOVAK, feeding off him.

But, in Houston...he's a red headed stepchild/scapegoat. He's Sampson (**** this guy he's worse than McHale) and McHale's whipping boy.

Today, Lin entered the game with about a minute and a half left in the first. That was enough time to let Harden run about 2 isos before the quarter ended. He started the 2nd and played about 4 minutes. Then he sits the entire quarter and Mchale puts him back in with :36 left? WTF? It's like they're just ****ing with him.

I'm not gonna lie...Lin has looked like shit lately. But who wouldn't? Lost starting job FOR NO APPARENT REASON (remember, he lost it in PRESEASON), gets benched for making defensive mistakes (when guys like Harden play matador defense all game long). Gets benched for bad TOs (when Parsons does the same jump up in the air with nowhere to go and makes at least one or two bad passes a game). Gets benched for shooting badly (Mavs game) when Beverly can go 1-10 and still get 40 minutes.

Dude can't get a fair shake and people just say "Lin sucks". Yeah, I know he's making millions and should be laughing all the way to the bank...but this guy loves playing the game. He's a good guy who just wants to win and do the best he can and his own coaching staff probably wishes he would get hit by a bus, so they don't have to listen about some asian kid getting the spotlight.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-26-2014, 04:42 AM
lin has checked out of houston. he improved soooo much in theoffseason again and was one of the best 3 pt shooter in the nba in nove,ber and one of the best PG too. then McFail randomly started to fck with his minutes again and benched him for entire halfs for missing 2 shots while other player are allowed to chuck awayeven when they are 1/7 leven scrubs like casspi.
at this point lin isnt even trying anymore and i cant blame him. he will start to be great again under a normal coach or with another team:facepalm

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 05:14 AM
Lin sucks. Trade that scrub. He can't shoot, can't play defense, doesn't have a left hand and he can't finish at the rim.

What can this guy do? He's also one of the softest players I've ever seen. He's a soft guard and mentally fragile.

He'll be having an excellent game but gets down on himself after a couple of missed shots or bad turnovers. He plays tentative and that hurts the Rockets offense.

He's a TO machine and has a low basketball IQ. His TOs aren't 'good' TOs either. Most of his TOs come as result of him not knowing what to do when he drives in.

You're supposed to drive in knowing what to do. Either finish with a dunk, layup, floater, tear drop, etc....kick the ball out to the shooters or throw it up so your center/pf can catch it at the rim.

Lin always drives in and jumps with no where to go so ends up turning the ball over. I literally facepalmed not too long ago watching Lin play. The other team's center switched up on a pick so Lin had a mismatch. He drove in but couldn't get by his man lol....he was stuck in the paint trying to pump fake and got called for a 3 second violation.

:facepalm :roll:

This guy is mentally weak. Houston doesn't need him but they're stuck with him because of his contract. lol

This post is so bad it might give you cancer.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-26-2014, 05:15 AM
:applause: :applause:

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 05:17 AM
Lmao

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 01:42 PM

You're a Lin stan. I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt.

SpecialQue
01-26-2014, 02:09 PM
They need to fire that McFvckface and hire Hollins.

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 05:53 PM
Lin's got obvious weaknesses, but his upside is very high.

The guy can flat out take over a game when everything is clicking. Yeah, he's inconsistent (he's a young player in terms of experience) but let's face it...he already has MULTIPLE 30+ point games and even a couple 30/10 games, I believe. Beverley hasn't even cracked 20 points in a game and I think 8 assists is his career high.

There is no way Bev should be starting over Lin.

Lin is the kind of player that needs support from his team and coach. He had it in NY with D'Antoni and guys like Chandler, Fields, Jeffries, NOVAK, feeding off him.

But, in Houston...he's a red headed stepchild/scapegoat. He's Sampson (**** this guy he's worse than McHale) and McHale's whipping boy.

Today, Lin entered the game with about a minute and a half left in the first. That was enough time to let Harden run about 2 isos before the quarter ended. He started the 2nd and played about 4 minutes. Then he sits the entire quarter and Mchale puts him back in with :36 left? WTF? It's like they're just ****ing with him.

I'm not gonna lie...Lin has looked like shit lately. But who wouldn't? Lost starting job FOR NO APPARENT REASON (remember, he lost it in PRESEASON), gets benched for making defensive mistakes (when guys like Harden play matador defense all game long). Gets benched for bad TOs (when Parsons does the same jump up in the air with nowhere to go and makes at least one or two bad passes a game). Gets benched for shooting badly (Mavs game) when Beverly can go 1-10 and still get 40 minutes.

Dude can't get a fair shake and people just say "Lin sucks". Yeah, I know he's making millions and should be laughing all the way to the bank...but this guy loves playing the game. He's a good guy who just wants to win and do the best he can and his own coaching staff probably wishes he would get hit by a bus, so they don't have to listen about some asian kid getting the spotlight.

Don't bother making a logical post, YouGotServed is unable to see past his hate for Lin.

Sampson and McHale need to go. Bring in George Karl or someone, anyone is better than this joke of a coaching duo. Although somehow you guys have our number, but luckily it doesn't look like we'll meet in the 1st round of the playoffs.

themurph
01-26-2014, 06:07 PM
The problem with McHale goes beyond his defensive coaching...

He doesn't make adjustments in games...I mean that literally...Houston has to get a real X and O's coach..

moe94
01-26-2014, 06:08 PM

Preach.

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 06:21 PM
I don't 'hate' Lin. You're the self admitted Jeremy Lin stan. It's you who can't be objective about this.

Lin is below average, almost bottom tier, and anyone with common sense can see that.

Mr Exlax
01-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Lin has been valuable to the Rockets this season for sure. Back on topic, yes please fire McHale. I only been saying it for 2 years now.

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 07:04 PM
I don't 'hate' Lin. You're the self admitted Jeremy Lin stan. It's you who can't be objective about this.

Lin is below average, almost bottom tier, and anyone with common sense can see that.

Lin is below average, almost bottom tier, he has no upside and can't cut it in D1. Not worthy of recruitment/guaranteed spot on a college team. Lin is bottom tier, below average, not even worthy of a 3rd string PG, not worthy of a draft pick. Lin not worthy of being an NBA player, he's a D-League player, send him down there. They've said this for 10 years now and counting :rolleyes:

Correct, I admitted being a stan. I suppose I should have said "fan" because "stan" around here means insane homer. I said he can one day be a 16/7 player and he has the talent to do so. Tell me how Lin does when Harden has sat (and he gets full control of the team and support from McHale, begrudgingly). Hint: The team has a winning record and he averages >20/7. Anyone with common sense can see he's better than Beverley.

I guess that's being an unobjective stan :facepalm

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 07:21 PM
Lin is below average, almost bottom tier, he has no upside and can't cut it in D1. Not worthy of recruitment/guaranteed spot on a college team. Lin is bottom tier, below average, not even worthy of a 3rd string PG, not worthy of a draft pick. Lin not worthy of being an NBA player, he's a D-League player, send him down there. They've said this for 10 years now and counting :rolleyes:

Correct, I admitted being a stan. I suppose I should have said "fan" because "stan" around here means insane homer. I said he can one day be a 16/7 player and he has the talent to do so. Tell me how Lin does when Harden has sat (and he gets full control of the team and support from McHale, begrudgingly). Hint: The team has a winning record and he averages >20/7. Anyone with common sense can see he's better than Beverley.

I guess that's being an unobjective stan :facepalm

You mad? Beverly is the better fit.

12 and 6 sounds about right for Lin.

Euroleague
01-26-2014, 07:31 PM
The problem is Daryl the moron Morey.

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 07:41 PM
You mad? Beverly is the better fit.

12 and 6 sounds about right for Lin.

:oldlol: He's averaging 13/4 while barely being allowed to touch the ball.

Anyway, so let me get this straight: The problem is NOT Kevin "we don't really run plays" McHale, it is Jeremy Lin sucking being a scrub, holding the team back from greatness and a finals appearance? If they trade Lin for a non-bottom-of-the-barrel PG then the Rockets are in business?

:lol

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 07:48 PM
:oldlol: He's averaging 13/4 while barely being allowed to touch the ball.

Anyway, so let me get this straight: The problem is NOT Kevin "we don't really run plays" McHale, it is Jeremy Lin sucking being a scrub, holding the team back from greatness and a finals appearance? If they trade Lin for a non-bottom-of-the-barrel PG then the Rockets are in business?

:lol

Fire McHale, get rid of Lin the scrub, trade Asik for a serviceable PF/C or a wing defender, and the Rockets are back in business.

SpecialQue
01-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Didn't Heat fans say the same thing about Spo when the big three first got together?

SpecialQue
01-26-2014, 08:04 PM

Why do you care about the Rockets?

CelticBaller
01-26-2014, 08:04 PM
Why do you care about the Rockets?
Hes rg

Akrazotile
01-26-2014, 08:06 PM
You're either a front runner, bandwagoner, or a homosexual

pick one

Why just one?

Mr Exlax
01-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Fire McHale, get rid of Lin the scrub, trade Asik for a serviceable PF/C or a wing defender, and the Rockets are back in business.

Fire McHale, get players healthy again and we are back in business.

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 08:08 PM

:eek:

So you are agreeing with Euroleague, then?

Mr Exlax
01-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Didn't Heat fans say the same thing about Spo when the big three first got together?

Spo preached defense though. That's why he was ok. We don't need a really good offensive coach. We need one that preaches defense. Fuggit give me Mike Brown right now.

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Go back to caring about the euroleague

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Fire McHale, get players healthy again and we are back in business.

Well, if by "business" you mean a 4th seed 2nd round exit team at best then I agree. And yeah health is important too.

AnaheimLakers24
01-26-2014, 08:16 PM
gayverely is only played so much by mcfail cause he wants him out there to injure players.

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 08:33 PM
gayverely is only played so much by mcfail cause he wants him out there to injure players.
Beverly injured 2 players on accident. Stop acting like he injured the whole NBA you ignorant moron

SmackOrH.A.K
01-26-2014, 09:21 PM
He's actually right tho. My biggest problem is that McHale does not know how to draw up plays for Harden. This guy is our superstar and i have never seen McHale draw up a play for him late game situation like spolestra, doc rivers, terry stotts, or george karl.

i wish we had this roster when rick adelman was here, we'd be legit contenders

SpecialQue
01-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Spo preached defense though. That's why he was ok. We don't need a really good offensive coach. We need one that preaches defense. Fuggit give me Mike Brown right now.

I know you're upset right now, but you don't really mean this.

Mr Exlax
01-26-2014, 10:20 PM
I know you're upset right now, but you don't really mean this.

Lol nah man. I would. Mike at least preaches defense. We're so skilled offensively that we could get away with him as our coach. He'd hold players accountable and all that. We'd just be lacking in like last second plays.

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Lol nah man. I would. Mike at least preaches defense. We're so skilled offensively that we could get away with him as our coach. He'd hold players accountable and all that. We'd just be lacking in like last second plays.

:lol Cavs are out of the playoffs in the East man, I really don't think you want Brown

KungFuJoe
01-26-2014, 10:27 PM
I'd take Brown over Mchale any day of the week.

Mchale is the worst coach in the NBA. He doesn't even try. He's pretty much checked out already anyways. He doesn't even seem like he enjoys coaching. Sampson just seems like a bitter dude...like he really has something against Lin.

The only good thing about Houston underachieving is that it will most likely mean McHale getting shipped out.

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 10:30 PM
I'd take Brown over Mchale any day of the week.

Mchale is the worst coach in the NBA. He doesn't even try. He's pretty much checked out already anyways. He doesn't even seem like he enjoys coaching. Sampson just seems like a bitter dude...like he really has something against Lin.

The only good thing about Houston underachieving is that it will most likely mean McHale getting shipped out.
This is so true. McFail doesn't give a fuq

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 10:32 PM
lol

The coaches don't have a vendetta against Lin, thats ridiculous. He simply isn't that good.

lol

Leftimage
01-26-2014, 10:33 PM
If only this could happen in real life.

http://i.imgur.com/bygmYLG.gif

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 10:34 PM
lol

The coaches don't have a vendetta against Lin, thats ridiculous. He simply isn't that good.

lol

So Toney Douglas is better than Lin? Because Lin was benched for TD by Sampson. Also Aaron Brooks this year.

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 10:34 PM
When we lost to the Thunder in the playoffs this is what McHale said: Those guys just made more shots than us.

In 3 of those 6 games we played against the Thunder the game came down to the final 2 possessions. Thunder won all those 3. We didn't run a single play at the end..smh

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 10:36 PM
If only this could happen in real life.

http://i.imgur.com/bygmYLG.gif
KD to Houston is bigger possibility cause him and Harden have love for eachother lol. Not saying it'll happen but there's a chance for anything

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 10:37 PM
So Toney Douglas is better than Lin? Because Lin was benched for TD by Sampson. Also Aaron Brooks this year.

That's because Lin was playing like shit.

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 10:43 PM
That's because Lin was playing like shit.

And why aren't the other starters benched when they are playing like shit?

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 10:47 PM
And why aren't the other starters benched when they are playing like shit?

Like who?

oh the horror
01-26-2014, 10:48 PM
When there are more capable coaches that are currently unemployed then it would be in the rockets best interests to get rid of McHale

MiseryCityTexas
01-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Rockets might just fire Mchale if they can't use Mchale to land Kevin Love in the off season.

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 10:57 PM
Like who?

Harden vs. LAC (L) 15/5
vs. LAC (L) 12/3TO on 4-15 shooting
vs. PHX (L) 14/5TO on 3-17 shooting (wtf)
vs IND (L) 12/5TO on 4-13
vs OKC (L) 8pts on 22% shooting
vs BOS (W) 15/7TO (clearly 7TO is unacceptable for Lin, just fine for Harden)
vs. MEM (L) 10 points on 18% shooting

Parsons vs. OKC (L) 14/4TO on 30%
vs. GS (W) 8 points on 23% shooting
vs. MIL (W) 8pts on 30% shooting
vs. MEM (L) 11pts on 31% shooting

Pat Bev vs. Lakers (L) 3pts on 10% shooting
Vs. Sac (L) 6pts on 28% shooting
Vs. Mem (L) 3pts on 9.1% shooting
vs. Mem (L) 9pts on 27% shooting

In the first Memphis game Lin (66% shooting,1 more ast than Bev, 2steals vs Bev 0, ) gets benched for Beverley shooting 9.1% :roll:

Just to name a few.

MiseryCityTexas
01-26-2014, 10:57 PM

Morey is the only reason why Howard, Harden, Jones, and Parsons are all on the same team. You're the real moron.

InfiniteBaskets
01-26-2014, 11:03 PM
Lin is a great playmaker, but Harden is a better one. When Harden plays alongside Lin, he turns Lin into a spot up shooter, that's IF Harden hasn't drawn a foul.

Last year I think Lin and Harden were able to mesh together all right, but this year Dwight's demanding more touches, and Harden's usage isn't going to be the one that suffers.

I understand the reasoning for starting Beverly, to cover to Harden's defensive deficiencies. However, that essentially means Lin will either have to play alongside Harden at certain points during the game, or he'll literally only play 5-10 mins a game.

What the Rockets need is either a revamp in offensive system that allows Harden to be the cutter and spot up shooter. Or get a PG that plays great D and is a solid 3 point shooter.

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 11:03 PM
lol Harden is the franchise player. Of course he's not getting benched for having a bad game.

You're comparing Lin to Harden.
Are you really this dense?

:oldlol:

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 11:08 PM
lol Harden is the franchise player. Of course he's not getting benched for having a bad game.

You're comparing Lin to Harden.
Are you really this dense?

:oldlol:

Too bad your franchise player lays an egg any time there is a big game... 2x vs OKC, 2x vs LAC, 1x vs IND...
Obviously Lin isn't as good as Harden. But you might want to send a message to your franchise guy when he's getting lit up by Redick (or Stephenson) and turning the ball over and bricking 70% of his shots while not playing defense. Some of those are bench worthy performance. Even Kobe was benched by Mike Brown the season before last. In any case, I was never suggesting benching Harden for Lin. Don't try to make it look like I think Lin is as good as Harden.

Anyway you didn't answer my question. Why aren't Parsons, Jones, or Beverley ever benched? Even when Beverley is shooting 9.1% and Lin is shooting 66% and moving the ball around? :oldlol: Ride the hot hand right?

MiseryCityTexas
01-26-2014, 11:09 PM
Lin is a great playmaker, but Harden is a better one. When Harden plays alongside Lin, he turns Lin into a spot up shooter, that's IF Harden hasn't drawn a foul.

Last year I think Lin and Harden were able to mesh together all right, but this year Dwight's demanding more touches, and Harden's usage isn't going to be the one that suffers.

I understand the reasoning for starting Beverly, to cover to Harden's defensive deficiencies. However, that essentially means Lin will either have to play alongside Harden at certain points during the game, or he'll literally only play 5-10 mins a game.

What the Rockets need is either a revamp in offensive system that allows Harden to be the cutter and spot up shooter. Or get a PG that plays great D and is a solid 3 point shooter.

Rockets basically should have just kept Dragic. Rockets could have kept Dragic for pretty much the same amount of money they used to overpay for Jeremy Lin.

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 11:10 PM
Rockets basically should have just kept Dragic. Rockets could have kept Dragic for pretty much the same amount of money they used to overpay for Jeremy Lin.

Didn't Dragic not want to play because of McHale? Or was that Lowry? Or both?

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 11:12 PM
He left because of McHale.

MiseryCityTexas
01-26-2014, 11:14 PM

It was Lowry that didn't get along with Mchale on the Court and in the lockeroom. Dragic and Mchale's relationship was great but turned sour, and became disappointed at Mchale and Morey because they decided to sign Lin instead of signing him to another deal.

InfiniteBaskets
01-26-2014, 11:15 PM

I think Lowry was upset b/c Dragic was going Linsanity to his Baron Davis for a while. Lowry wasn't going to come back to Houston no matter what. Not sure why Houston didn't re-sign Dragic though, maybe thought they weren't going to go anywhere with just Dragic and Kevin Martin?

But then they went out and paid $$$ to both Asik and Lin, so I dunno. But to be honest, even Dragic wouldn't be doing well in this current system where Harden would relegate him to spot-up shooter.

MiseryCityTexas
01-26-2014, 11:16 PM

Dragic wanted to stay in Houston, but Mchale and Morey was like that's alright.

ronnymac
01-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Why do you have to talk out of rear end. Dragic LOVED PLAYING FOR McHale. The issue was he wanted a 4th year PLAYER OPTION AND MOREY SAID NO. That's a mistake that will haunt him forever. As Lin is a scrub and Dragic is getting better and better.

BTW, you are a lin ony fan and stop pertending to be a Rockets fan. We used to have the same problem with this retard called Rocketsgreatness who was a yao stan.

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 11:23 PM
Why do you have to talk out of rear end. Dragic LOVED PLAYING FOR McHale. The issue was he wanted a 4th year PLAYER OPTION AND MOREY SAID NO. That's a mistake that will haunt him forever. As Lin is a scrub and Dragic is getting better and better.

lol You're right. im surprised the other rocket fans didn't know that.

Dragic wanted a players option and a guaranteed starting role.

morey wasn't having it so they let him go. Lowry was mad because dragic took his spot as the starting PG so we traded him. the Toronto pick was used in the harden deal.

and yes Lin is a below average PG, he should be glad morey was the one who threw all that money at him.

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 11:32 PM
Too bad your franchise player lays an egg any time there is a big game... 2x vs OKC, 2x vs LAC, 1x vs IND...
Obviously Lin isn't as good as Harden. But you might want to send a message to your franchise guy when he's getting lit up by Redick (or Stephenson) and turning the ball over and bricking 70% of his shots while not playing defense. Some of those are bench worthy performance. Even Kobe was benched by Mike Brown the season before last. In any case, I was never suggesting benching Harden for Lin. Don't try to make it look like I think Lin is as good as Harden.

Anyway you didn't answer my question. Why aren't Parsons, Jones, or Beverley ever benched? Even when Beverley is shooting 9.1% and Lin is shooting 66% and moving the ball around? :oldlol: Ride the hot hand right?

How mad are you right now bro? :oldlol: Beverley gets benched, in fact he came off the bench for a whole season. I don't recall Beverley ever getting down on himself for playing behind Lin. Parsons doesn't become a useless spot up shooter like Lin when his shot is off. He finds other ways to contribute.

Until Lin shows some consistency and some heart, he's not getting any minutes. He needs to stop playing like a bitch and let the pair drop.

MiseryCityTexas
01-26-2014, 11:37 PM
i wish like hell that the Rockets can make a asik and lin for rondo trade. hell, an asik and lin for green trade even sounds nice right now.

oarabbus
01-26-2014, 11:47 PM
How mad are you right now bro? :oldlol: Beverley gets benched, in fact he came off the bench for a whole season. I don't recall Beverley ever getting down on himself for playing behind Lin. Parsons doesn't become a useless spot up shooter like Lin when his shot is off. He finds other ways to contribute.

Until Lin shows some consistency and some heart, he's not getting any minutes. He needs to stop playing like a bitch and let the pair drop.

Not that mad. Feeling pretty good watching Curry take over this game right now :cheers:

Mr Exlax
01-26-2014, 11:48 PM
We didn't sign Dragic cause he wanted a player option
Lowry and McHale didn't get along

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 11:54 PM
Morey shoulda given him the player option. Imagine Dragic, Harden, Parsons, Jones, and Howard.

InfiniteBaskets
01-26-2014, 11:55 PM

Did he end up getting a player option in Phoenix?

InfiniteBaskets
01-26-2014, 11:56 PM
i wish like hell that the Rockets can make a asik and lin for rondo trade. hell, an asik and lin for green trade even sounds nice right now.

Miami offers Norris Cole (is money from corner 3 and moves as quick as Beverly) and three of Micky Arison's Carnival Cruise ships for Asik + Lin. :D

YouGotServed
01-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Not that mad. Feeling pretty good watching Curry take over this game right now :cheers:

You're not a Rockets fan, I am. Listen to me, Lin is not that good.

Mr Exlax
01-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Morey shoulda given him the player option. Imagine Dragic, Harden, Parsons, Jones, and Howard.

I honestly never understood why we wouldn't give him one. He showed he had skills. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Mr Exlax
01-27-2014, 12:00 AM
Did he end up getting a player option in Phoenix?

Oh I dunno. I'm sure he did though.

ABfor3
01-27-2014, 12:02 AM
This. Defense has been a major concern all year, McHale obviously hasn't seemed to enforce that into the teams priorities. Jeff Van Gundy would make Harden play some defense because he did that with TMac except TMac actually cared about defense somewhat. Also, McHale needs to stop letting Harden play hero ball and get his teammates more involved..get plays setup and run behind some screens. There's so much potential with this team it just needs to be utilized correctly.

KungFuJoe
01-27-2014, 12:47 AM
Problem with Houston is a simply the coaching squad. Not that the current squad has any chance of winning it all...but this is a team that is supposed to get out of the first round and MAYBE make it to the conf finals. As it stands, this team is getting booted in the first round. They are playing WORSE as the seasons goes on, which you shouldn't be seeing on a team this young with this much talent.

And in what ****ing universe does Beverley start over Lin? Oh...in Houston, I guess. :facepalm

KungFuJoe
01-27-2014, 12:57 AM
And YouGotServed...I know you're trolling, but I'm gonna reply anyways.

Lin already has multiple 30+ point games and has posted lines of:

34/12
28/14
27/11
38/7
28/8
38/7
28/9
29/7

I don't care who you are...no scrub puts up those stats. And it wasn't all just during Linsanity. He put up a few of those lines last year and the 34/12 was this year.

Yeah, he looks awkward at times...but goddamn look at his upside. Any coach would be dying to have this kid and try and turn him into a good, solid 18/8 player. Except McHale. You know why? Because McHale already cut him before. Every good game Lin has is like a slap in his face.

wakencdukest
01-27-2014, 01:02 AM
When our players play bad this guy doesnt motivate them at all! All he says is "Play better guys"... wtf man!! And he says it in the nicest way. You're not supposed to say it in a nice way!!! Get in their faces! Motivate them to play better!

C'mon, a coach can't even look at a player wrong anymore, and you think Dwight will respond to this?

Mr. Jabbar
01-27-2014, 01:02 AM
You guys are going nowhere when your two best players are proven cancers and betas, I'd like to add Dwight's defense is overrated as phuck pretty much a myth at this point. Mchale doesn't help either. Consider yourselves lucky if you make the playoffs.

Most disappointing team last season: Lakers
Most disappointing team this season: Houston

Common denominator? Clownward

YouGotServed
01-27-2014, 01:28 AM
Lol at kids on a message board thinking they know more than an NBA coach.

Lin is definitely playing like a scrub right now. Perhaps if you take off your Lin homer glasses you might be able to see that.

imnew09
01-27-2014, 01:39 AM
Lin is good but the problems are Dwight and Harden. They can't coexists.

I.R.Beast
01-27-2014, 01:56 AM
the rockets are one of the worst defensive teams in the league....that's why he starts beverly ...his defense on opposing PGs is crucial especially with harden not playing any defense... As far as the offense goes.. Chandler parson should be getting more shots....he's very efficient and skill and is the most consistent player on the team.

oarabbus
01-27-2014, 02:13 AM
the rockets are one of the worst defensive teams in the league....that's why he starts beverly ...his defense on opposing PGs is crucial especially with harden not playing any defense... As far as the offense goes.. Chandler parson should be getting more shots....he's very efficient and skill and is the most consistent player on the team.

He's a pretty damn good player, surprised it took people this long to realize he is better than Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler. But he's taking 13 shots/game, how many do you want him to take? I don't think he should be averaging more than 15.

ronnymac
01-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Lin is good but the problems are Dwight and Harden. They can't coexists.
Now that Is a comment coming from an idiot who has clearly not watched many Houston games. Harden and Howard are actually looking pretty good together as a combo. Harden has been finding Howard regulary off the high pick and roll for a lot of easy ally oops and Harden is probably the Rockets best post entery feed passer to Dwight.Right now that is not the problem.

Houstons current issues stem mostly from key injuries to multipale key players. Houston has no backup Center, no backup SG and the backup PF is a tweener who shoots a lot of threes.Once Dwight sits Houstons interior D crumbles.

Another issue is that Houston has two below average PG's and until Morey decides to either trade Asik and pray someone is foolish enough to take Lin, this wont change.

Micku
01-27-2014, 04:41 AM
I haven't been watching a lot of Houston games lately. So, what's up with them? Do they look better or worse from the start of the season?

I think they have talent, but they can't manage them property. They seem to be destine to face the Clippers in the first round, unless Portland or the Spurs fall off. I don't think they could beat the Clippers since they are better offensively and improved defensively now and they have CP3.

Smook A.
01-27-2014, 04:54 AM
You guys are going nowhere when your two best players are proven cancers and betas, I'd like to add Dwight's defense is overrated as phuck pretty much a myth at this point. Mchale doesn't help either. Consider yourselves lucky if you make the playoffs.

Most disappointing team last season: Lakers
Most disappointing team this season: Houston

Common denominator? Clownward
The most disappointing teams this season are the Knicks and Nets. I don't think you're a disappointing team if your team is 29-17

miggyme1
01-27-2014, 06:06 AM
imo coachin is OVER rated in the pros. think about it.

when has a GREAT coach won an nba championship with a team full of mediocre players?

we see it all the time in college but never in the pros.

bottom line u gotta have talent...and whn I say talent I don't necessarily mean Jordan,bron, or kobe talent but u need talent that can mesh with other talent. kinda like its been wit timmy in san Antonio.

believe it or not coach pop aint winnin shit if u give him that Milwaukee bucks roster. he might get them to the playoffs....but don't bet on it.

is McHale a top tier coach? nope

but in all honesty he shouldn't have to be to lead this team to at least the wcf.

harden has top sg in league potential

u got 3 solid pgs

parsons is a white scottie pippen....he just stuffs the stat sheet and can play with the ball and off it effortlessly.

Dwight who is still a nightmare for any center in the league even tho he lacks any skill.

if anything blame Dwight...if he was a balanced center who could put his back to the basket...they would be pretty unstoppable but at times the rocket rely on jumpers too much because howard cant give u an easy 16 a night by just posting up and getting. harden should be able to walk the ball up court and just dump it low to Dwight for an easy 2 at least on 8 possessions every night and on some nights even more.

Sharmer
01-27-2014, 06:27 AM
Their talented and can score a heap.

Wouldn't write them off yet.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-27-2014, 06:38 AM
Lin is a FAR better defender than scruberley. scruber

brantonli
01-27-2014, 06:42 AM
imo coachin is OVER rated in the pros. think about it.

when has a GREAT coach won an nba championship with a team full of mediocre players?

we see it all the time in college but never in the pros.

IMO coaching matters when the two teams are almost equally talented. Like deep in the playoffs, when the individual matchups favour neither of the teams, it comes down to what rotations the coach decides and which lineups to put out there that wins or loses the games. Of course, if your team is crap (Doc Rivers with Orlando) it hardly matters how good the coach is, but if the team is facing an equally good opponent, then those little things, when to call timeouts, what plays to draw out of hte timeout, the inbound plays, those htings start to matter.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-27-2014, 06:50 AM
And YouGotServed...I know you're trolling, but I'm gonna reply anyways.

Lin already has multiple 30+ point games and has posted lines of:

34/12
28/14
27/11
38/7
28/8
38/7
28/9
29/7

I don't care who you are...no scrub puts up those stats. And it wasn't all just during Linsanity. He put up a few of those lines last year and the 34/12 was this year.

Yeah, he looks awkward at times...but goddamn look at his upside. Any coach would be dying to have this kid and try and turn him into a good, solid 18/8 player. Except McHale. You know why? Because McHale already cut him before. Every good game Lin has is like a slap in his face.
best post ina long time.
not even talking about that Lin would have at least twice as many games like that under a normal coach:coleman:

Euroleague
01-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Go back to caring about the euroleague

Morey is the one that hires stupid coaches like McHale.

Morey is the one that gets dumb players like Har () en.

Morey is the one constantly gets scrubs like Garcia, Casspi, Beverley, etc.

The problem is obviously Morey.

Black and White
01-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Morey is the one that hires stupid coaches like McHale.

Morey is the one that gets dumb players like Har () en.

Harden has achieved 1000000000000x more than V-Span has on this team

Euroleague
01-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Harden has achieved 1000000000000x more than V-Span has on this team

Spanoulis has 25 times more game than Har () en does.

Har () en has one move, which is throw yourself into the defense and wait for the refs to blow the whistle.

I doubt if he could even average 8 points a game in Euroleague.

Black and White
01-27-2014, 06:38 PM
Spanoulis has 25 times more game than Har () en does.

I highly doubt that, stats on the Rockets:

James Harden: 23.7/4.9/5.5 on 44% shooting

Vassilis Spanoulis: 2.7/0.7/0.9 on 32% shooting

oarabbus
01-27-2014, 06:39 PM
best post ina long time.
not even talking about that Lin would have at least twice as many games like that under a normal coach:coleman:

http://bkref.com/tiny/F4vmC

What a scrub, he only has 32 20+ point games in 2 years :rolleyes:

Also, don't insult Haren by comparing him to Spanoulis

Smook A.
01-27-2014, 06:51 PM
http://bkref.com/tiny/F4vmC

What a scrub, he only has 32 20+ point games in 2 years :rolleyes:

Also, don't insult Haren by comparing him to Spanoulis
James Har(d)en is the greatest defender ever. No one compares him to V-Span!

Levity
01-27-2014, 06:54 PM
I doubt if he could even average 8 points a game in Euroleague.

i know you live to troll, but theres no way you can convince yourself to believe that.

Euroleague
01-27-2014, 09:40 PM
I highly doubt that, stats on the Rockets:

James Harden: 23.7/4.9/5.5 on 44% shooting

Vassilis Spanoulis: 2.7/0.7/0.9 on 32% shooting

WTF is your point?

Spanoulis has 25 times more game than Har () den. That's a conservative estimate.

Euroleague
01-27-2014, 09:42 PM
i know you live to troll, but theres no way you can convince yourself to believe that.

They don't give free throws for throwing yourself into the defense. And if you flop, you get a technical foul.

In fact, he would probably be suspended by the league within 2-3 games.

Other than that, he has no offensive skills to be able to score in Euroleague. NONE. NONE. NONE.

He would suck ASS totally in Euroleague. I don't think he would even be as good as Malik Hairston is in Euroleague.

Black and White
01-27-2014, 09:46 PM
WTF is your point?

Spanoulis has 25 times more game than Har () den. That's a conservative estimate.

Yea because V-Span was not good enough to get more playing time, can't knock Harden for that

Kukoc
01-29-2014, 12:58 PM
He did a good job when he was on Cheers

TMac&Luther
01-29-2014, 02:05 PM
LMAO.. not this shit again.

Is this moron seriously still talking about V-puss?, the guy who cried his way out of the NBA and screamed to go home to mama, because big ol' bad JVG was too tough on him? Spanoulis was a straight ***** who wasn't mentally tough enough to make it in the NBA.

Inferno
01-29-2014, 02:07 PM
WTF is your point?

Then explain V-Span's shitty NBA performance?

TMac&Luther
01-29-2014, 02:12 PM

:facepalm:

If those players are scrubs, what in the hell does that make V-puss? You know, the titty baby who literally cried for his mom and washed out of the NBA.

Smook A.
01-29-2014, 02:15 PM
WTF is your point?

Why are you mad? V-Span SUCKS

Akrazotile
05-17-2015, 05:36 PM
Hey OP.

Tell me how McHale's ass tastes.

TheMarkMadsen
05-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Hey OP.

Tell me how McHale's ass tastes.

i'm sure the OP is just devastated

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Akrazotile