PDA

View Full Version : Thunder title favorites?

Connor B
01-25-2014, 11:40 PM
This team is playing at a ridiculous level of confidence and consistency. They also never seem to "coast", which is good because they thrive on their home court and will want that for the playoffs and Finals. Durant is obviously having the best stretch of his career right now, but the myth that the team "made a horrible trade with getting rid of Harden" is officially over...yes, Harden would still make them better I think, but Jeremy Lamb, Sean Adams are on the rise, Ibaka has gotten better the last year, and Reggie Jackson is a pretty damn good substitute for a sixth man. Brooks gets criticized a bit too much, he isn't a great coach but he is not nearly as bad as many would like to say - I think he can reprove himself in the playoffs this year.

This team, if they play like they have been and can play like this when Westbrook returns...they are only gonna get better and it is a real pleasure to watch. I said they would come out of the west at the beginning of the season, I believe that even more now, and I believe they would be able to beat the Heat who are running of fumes for a third title. I also believe they have the offensive firepower to overcome Indiana.

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Yes they are the favorites.

Top 3 SF - Durant

Top 3 PG - Westbrook

Top 5 PF - Ibaka

6th man of the year - Jackson

Dwight Stopper - Perkins

It's not even close the level of stackness OKC has over other teams. It's almost unfair. A collusion.:facepalm :banghead:

secund2nun
01-25-2014, 11:42 PM
I'd have Indy and Miami over OKC.

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 11:43 PM
I'd have Indy and Miami over OKC.
IND yes.

MIA certainly is the underdog against OKC.

AnaheimLakers24
01-25-2014, 11:45 PM
miamis to lose.
biggest chokers ever if they dont defend

dannywpt
01-25-2014, 11:45 PM
It's not even close the level of stackness OKC has over other teams. It's almost unfair. A collusion.:facepalm :banghead:

I guess that's what happens when a group of stars decide to take huge paycuts to chase rings together and they get a bunch of solid veteran roleplayers with them. :confusedshrug:

Tmuston Beltics
01-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Bookmakers have Miami as the favorite at this moment:

Heat +250
Pacers +350
OKC +650

Connor B
01-25-2014, 11:46 PM
miamis to lose.
biggest chokers ever if they dont defend

3 peats are extremely hard to achieve.

CelticBaller
01-25-2014, 11:48 PM
Bookmakers have Miami as the favorite at this moment:

Heat +250
Pacers +350
OKC +650
totally not expected, it's not like the heat are coming from backtoback championships with one of the most stacked team of all times

Milbuck

Top 3 SF - Durant

Top 3 PG - Westbrook

Top 5 PF - Ibaka

6th man of the year - Jackson

Dwight Stopper - Perkins

I'm surprised you didn't look up the meaning of collusion after the last time you got destroyed for not knowing it.

And you're ****ing stupid if you think Ibaka is a top 5 PF.

GoranDragon
I guess that's what happens when a group of stars decide to take huge paycuts to chase rings together and they get a bunch of solid veteran roleplayers with them. :confusedshrug:
Let's compare.

Westbrook (top 3 PG) > Wade (top 5 SG)

Ibaka (top 5 PF) = Bosh (top 5 PF)

Durant (top 3 SF) = Lebron (top 1 SF)

Jackson (6th man) >>>> Beasley

Perkins > Oden

Seems to me the "group of stars decide to take huge paycuts to chase rings together and they get a bunch of solid veteran roleplayers with them" is the OKC thunder. They even have D Fish ffs.:facepalm

AnaheimLakers24
im not the one who guaranteed 8 straight titles

Connor B
01-25-2014, 11:50 PM
im not the one who guaranteed 8 straight titles

I won't bother arguing with trolls because that's useless on this forum but he was clearly just hyping the crowd up.

HoopsFanNumero1
01-26-2014, 12:00 AM
Easily the most talented team in the league. It'd be a huge choke if Thunder lose.

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 12:03 AM
Easily the most talented team in the league. It'd be a huge choke if Thunder lose.
This. Most talented, most stacked team in the league right now and it's not even close.

livinglegend
01-26-2014, 12:22 AM
Yup, if they lose, huge choke job!

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 12:28 AM
Yup, if they lose, huge choke job!
Durant already has 1 choke job under his accolades belt when he lost to Lebron in the 2012 finals.

JebronLames
01-26-2014, 12:30 AM
Main problem for Miami is defense. If wade returns to his 2.2 blocks per game form, the heat will challenge the stacked thunder for being the favorite.

livinglegend
01-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Durant already has 1 choke job under his accolades belt when he lost to Lebron in the 2012 finals.

actually 2, +1 for last year s 4th quarter chokes vs Grizzlies

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 12:32 AM
Oh snap! Silly me for forgetting that.

Seems like Durant is far more accomplished in the choking department than Lebron.

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Oh snap! Silly me for forgetting that.

Seems like Durant is far more accomplished in the choking department than Lebron.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 12:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4
Lebron: 2 rings 2 FMVPs 4 MVPs

Durant: 0 ring 0 FMVP 0 MVP

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Lebron: 2 rings 2 FMVPs 4 MVPs

Durant: 0 ring 0 FMVP 0 MVP
Not a fan of Durant, don't really care about that. I was just responding to your choke argument. Fact is KD has never and will never sh1t the bed the way Bron did.

funnystuff
01-26-2014, 12:56 AM
Not a fan of Durant, don't really care about that. I was just responding to your choke argument. Fact is KD has never and will never sh1t the bed the way Bron did.
You act like that Grizzlies series didn't happen.

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 12:59 AM
Milbuck has an agenda against me and other Lebronites, that's obvious enough. He's oblivious to Durant's own countless choke jobs.

funnystuff
01-26-2014, 01:02 AM
INB4 choking in the finals is worse than choking in the 1/2/3 round.

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 01:04 AM
29/10/7/1/1 for the series. He did choke, but it's not even close to the 2011 finals.

russwest0
01-26-2014, 01:05 AM
Yall niqqas need to calm down with this "stacked" shit.

So everytime a team goes on an Eastern Conference road trip they are stacked now? Is that what we are calling it?

zoom17
01-26-2014, 01:44 AM
Yall niqqas need to calm down with this "stacked" shit.

So everytime a team goes on an Eastern Conference road trip they are stacked now? Is that what we are calling it?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3851938/kevin-durant-crying-o.gif

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 01:44 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

KG215
01-26-2014, 01:56 AM
I'm surprised you didn't look up the meaning of collusion after the last time you got destroyed for not knowing it.

And you're ****ing stupid if you think Ibaka is a top 5 PF.
Like how he throws Perkins, "Dwight Stopper", in there like it's supposed to make everyone forget how consistently awful he really is.

KG215
01-26-2014, 01:58 AM
Still has quite a ways to go, then, to catch LeBron in "chokejobs" if that's the very loose way we're defining choking.

russwest0
01-26-2014, 02:01 AM
Yes, the Thunder are title favorites.

Because they have Kevin Durant.

Fire Colangelo
01-26-2014, 02:15 AM

Props for actually repping your team.

These stans downplaying the heat to make excuses for lebron are ****ing pathetic honestly.

zoom17
01-26-2014, 02:21 AM

get ready to witness this again:roll: :roll: :roll:

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 02:23 AM
get ready to witness this again:roll: :roll: :roll:

They are all witness.:roll: :roll:

Thunderstruck
01-26-2014, 02:27 AM
Does anyone on this forum actually try to participate in rational discussion instead of just constantly trolling each other? With Westbrook healthy the Thunder are the favorites in the west but until Miami goes down, they are the title favorites. I love my team. They are loaded no doubt, but they gotta prove it and get past the defending champs before I say they should be favorites.

Combat Wombat
01-26-2014, 02:30 AM
Props for actually repping your team.

These stans downplaying the heat to make excuses for lebron are ****ing pathetic honestly.

:applause:

Understatement of the century right there.

I'm surprised any of them can string a sentence together without help.

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Does anyone on this forum actually try to participate in rational discussion instead of just constantly trolling each other? With Westbrook healthy the Thunder are the favorites in the west but until Miami goes down, they are the title favorites. I love my team. They are loaded no doubt, but they gotta prove it and get past the defending champs before I say they should be favorites.

This is not good logic. The 2011 Lakers were not title favorites. Neither were the 2012 Mavs. Or going back further, the 2006 Heat.

LongLiveTheKing
01-26-2014, 02:37 AM
Right now they are. But once its the finals everyone is gonna say that they're underdogs to try to discredit Miami.

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 02:39 AM
Right now they are. But once its the finals everyone is gonna say that they're underdogs to try to discredit Miami.
I would go as far as to say Miami WAS the underdog in 2012. People try to downplay Lebron's accomplishments.:banghead:

Thunderstruck
01-26-2014, 02:39 AM
This is not good logic. The 2011 Lakers were not title favorites. Neither were the 2012 Mavs. Or going back further, the 2006 Heat.
How's this for logic then?

http://www.vegas.com/gaming/futures/nba-championship/

Miami: 2/1
Oklahoma City: 13/5

Vegas seems to agree with me.

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 02:42 AM
How's this for logic then?

http://www.vegas.com/gaming/futures/nba-championship/
It's still bad logic. I don't care what they say. Anyone who's been watching this season can see that Miami isn't the best team in the world, and it's not really close.

Thunderstruck
01-26-2014, 02:49 AM
It's still bad logic. I don't care what they say. Anyone who's been watching this season can see that Miami isn't the best team in the world, and it's not really close.
I don't disagree with you, but it's the regular season. OKC has something to prove and a Miami can easily coast into the playoffs against weak eastern conference teams. I think you could easily be right. My eyes tell me, with Westbrook, this is the best Thunder team ever fielded and my heart tells me they are better than the Heat, but they have got to show me they match up with them better than they have in the past before I definitely say they will beat them in a 7 game series.

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 02:58 AM
I don't disagree with you, but it's the regular season. OKC has something to prove and a Miami can easily coast into the playoffs against weak eastern conference teams. I think you could easily be right. My eyes tell me, with Westbrook, this is the best Thunder team ever fielded and my heart tells me they are better than the Heat, but they have got to show me they match up with them better than they have in the past before I definitely say they will beat them in a 7 game series.

Fair enough, I can understand the hesitation. I think we can both agree that with a healthy Westbrook, a Heat-Thunder rematch in the Finals would be an all-out war.

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 03:01 AM
Fair enough, I can understand the hesitation. I think we can both agree that with a healthy Westbrook, a Heat-Thunder rematch in the Finals would be an all-out war.
And if that happens, please tell me which team is the underdog. Please.

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 03:04 AM
And if that happens, please tell me which team is the underdog. Please.
I don't care. "Underdog" is as worthless a title as it gets. It's the finals. If you're good enough to make it there, you're good enough to win it all.

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 03:06 AM
I don't care. "Underdog" is as worthless a title as it gets. It's the finals. If you're good enough to make it there, you're good enough to win it all.
Don't dodge the question. The answer is CLEARLY the Heat. If the Thunder don't win it all despite being the favorites, it's another choke on Durant's list of accolades.

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 03:08 AM
Don't dodge the question. The answer is CLEARLY the Heat. If the Thunder don't win it all despite being the favorites, it's another choke on Durant's list of accolades.
We haven't seen the two teams play each other this season. Unless you're conceding that Durant is significantly better than Lebron, there is no underdog in that matchup.

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 03:10 AM
We haven't seen the two teams play each other this season. Unless you're conceding that Durant is better than Lebron, there is no underdog in that matchup.
It's not JUST Durant vs Lebron.

OKC has:

Top 3 PG - Westbrook

Top 5 PF - Ibaka

6th Man of the year - Jackson

Dwight Stopper (lockdown defender) - Perkins

I think MIA is the underdog despite having the best player on the planet in Lebron James (yes title is STILL his).

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 03:14 AM
It's not JUST Durant vs Lebron.

OKC has:

Top 3 PG - Westbrook

Top 5 PF - Ibaka

6th Man of the year - Jackson

Dwight Stopper (lockdown defender) - Perkins

I think MIA is the underdog despite having the best player on the planet in Lebron James (yes title is STILL his).

I'm done with this argument. Anyone who thinks Ibaka is a top 5 PF and Kendrick ****ing Perkins is a difference maker (unless it's negative) is someone I don't want to discuss basketball with.

And no dude, unless Lebron wakes up and proves it, he's really not.

russwest0
01-26-2014, 03:21 AM
Goran, which one of these Power Forwards is Ibaka better than?

LaMarcus Aldridge
Anthony Davis
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Love
Blake Griffin

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 03:24 AM
Goran, which one of these Power Forwards is Ibaka better than?

LaMarcus Aldridge
Anthony Davis
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Love
Blake Griffin
I will take Ibaka over Dirk and Blake. Ibaka is clearly a better asset than an aging Dirk and I think Blake is soft and cannot anchor a team defense like Ibaka can.

J Shuttlesworth
01-26-2014, 03:24 AM
totally not expected, it's not like the heat are coming from backtoback championships with one of the most stacked team of all times
Then why are they second place in the shittiest conference of all time?

J Shuttlesworth
01-26-2014, 03:26 AM
I will take Ibaka over Dirk and Blake. Ibaka is clearly a better asset than an aging Dirk and I think Blake is soft and cannot anchor a team defense like Ibaka can.
Ibaka is a perfect compliment for KD/Westbrook. Very well designed team, and they're young.

Spokelahoma
01-26-2014, 03:31 AM
I'm still a little nervous about how okc's role players will handle a deep playoff run. We know Durant, and hopefully a healthy Westbrook will show up and do what they do. Ibaka, however, has had his fair share of disappearing acts in big games. Lamb, Reggie, and PJ3 all have little to no playoff experience, and Perk and Thabo are basically a liability on the offensive end. I wouldn't call them the favorites, but with the way KD is playing so far this year, i think they have just a good of shot as anyone

TMT
01-26-2014, 03:35 AM

Since when are back-to-back champions ever underdogs?
Wow, you sound like a Lebron stan trying desperately to make Durant look bad. :lol

TMT
01-26-2014, 03:37 AM

:roll: I don't think you watch any of these players you are trying to compare.

All Net
01-26-2014, 04:15 AM
Miami favourites till proven otherwise. But only Miami, indy, OKC will win it

Fudge
01-26-2014, 07:22 AM
Miami are more stacked and are STILL the favourites. Deal with it, buds. :oldlol:

icewill36
01-26-2014, 07:34 AM
Miami are more stacked and are STILL the favourites. Deal with it, buds. :oldlol:

miami arent favorites... they shouldnt be anyway.

history, health, and lack of size are all against them

freshperry
01-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Let us not forget the heat were underdogs the first time Heat vs OKC in the finals.

navy
01-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Let us not forget the heat were underdogs the first time Heat vs OKC in the finals.
:roll:

moe94
01-26-2014, 12:12 PM

Are you saying they were not?

Marlo_Stanfield
01-26-2014, 12:13 PM
miami arent favorites... they shouldnt be anyway.

history, health, and lack of size are all against them
ur talking to a retard afterall

navy
01-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Are you saying they were not?
No. In Hindsight that was stupid and showed a complete lack of knowledge of the game by bettors.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Heat will win yet another Championship as the clear cut underdog with at least 5 teams with better rosters:applause: :applause: :bowdown:

kurple
01-26-2014, 12:17 PM
fans are batteling what contender has the worst roster? :biggums:

all of Pacers, Heat, Clippers, SAS, Houston, GSW, OKC are "stacked" enough to win. And the Heat are the favorites because they have won the last two years with the same core.

dannywpt
01-26-2014, 12:47 PM

They were. Heatles looked shaky, while OKC was cruising through the tough west. Most people had OKC as favorites.

Nash
01-26-2014, 01:51 PM
yes they are, they have everything Miami got and more. They also don't have a bunch of old players who look like they should retire playing big minutes.

Miami is not the same anymore. And the big reason for that is Wade. The man clearly got some major issues. Also Allen and Battier who played big parts of this team look super old these days.

buddha
01-26-2014, 01:55 PM
No. In Hindsight that was stupid and showed a complete lack of knowledge of the game by bettors.

the only reason the thunder were favored was because LeBron James disappeared in all his previous finals. nobody had any reason to believe he would show up.

Fire Colangelo
01-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Another reason thunder were favored was because of bosh's health, and chemistry between wade and spolstra.