PDA

View Full Version : Are we gonna act like Otto Porter isn't a bust?

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 10:09 PM
I know he came off an injury but this dude plays like trash. 1.8 ppg and 1.6 rpg. This draft is full of busts!

Best rooks:
Oladipo
MCW
Burke
Hardaway Jr.
Giannis

RedBlackAttack
01-26-2014, 10:12 PM
Which begs the question, can they be considered "busts" if almost every guy in the draft is a "bust"? It seems there was about a 80% chance of picking a bust in the 2013 draft. There were two guys taken in the top 10 worthy of being selected, at least so far... Oladipo and Burke. And, those guys have even been pretty mediocre.

Terrible draft.

CelticBaller
01-26-2014, 10:12 PM
the safe pick smh

this drafts sucks

JohnFreeman
01-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Mclemore has made me rip my hair out

Jameerthefear
01-26-2014, 10:14 PM
Oladipo has turned it around lately. He's more focused and looks like he knows what he is doing offensively. He has cut his turnovers down too. Give him the offseason to work on his jumper and he will be scary.

Uncle Drew
Guess Noel has to save the credibility of this class then. Although it's still too early to label them as busts. Some will have solid careers.

Smook A.
Which begs the question, can they be considered "busts" if almost every guy in the draft is a "bust"? It seems there was about a 80% chance of picking a bust in the 2013 draft. There were two guys taken in the top 10 worthy of being selected, at least so far... Oladipo and Burke. And, those guys have even been pretty mediocre.

Terrible draft.

There's a chance that Noel can become good. McLemore has potential but he hasn't shown It. This draft has got to be one of the worst EVER

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 10:15 PM
Oladipo has turned it around lately. He's more focused and looks like he knows what he is doing offensively. He has cut his turnovers down too. Give him the offseason to work on his jumper and he will be scary.
Oladipo with a mid-range jumper is Dwyane Wade

RedBlackAttack
01-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Not even close. Guy is averaging something like 3.5 assists and 3.5 turnovers per game. He's a long, long way from Dwyane Wade, who was always really good at opening things up for teammates.

JohnFreeman
01-26-2014, 10:17 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 10:18 PM
Giannis, MCW, Noel, and Oladipo are gonna make this one of the bests drafts ever.

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 10:23 PM
Giannis, MCW, Noel, and Oladipo are gonna make this one of the bests drafts ever.
Burke is pretty good too. I think he has a bright future. IMO, I think Giannis has the most potential of any because he's only 19 and he has great physical abilities. Longs arms, tall, etc

navy
01-26-2014, 10:26 PM
Tim Hardaway junior is good. 40% from three, good dunker, and fast/athletic.

All the makings of a good player. Steal of the draft

imdaman99
01-26-2014, 10:29 PM

This. I love me some Hardaway Jr :cheers:

He has potential too, which is why I was shocked when he was still around. That athleticism :eek:

navy
01-26-2014, 10:36 PM
This. I love me some Hardaway Jr :cheers:

He has potential too, which is why I was shocked when he was still around. That athleticism :eek:
He needs to gain weight, but im surprised he was picked so low. The one bright spot of the mess that is the knicks. If shumpert hadnt tore his ACL they would have been scary in a few years.

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 10:37 PM

He's got that Nick Young/Jamal Crawford potential with the way he's playing right now

navy
01-26-2014, 10:39 PM
He's got that Nick Young/Jamal Crawford potential with the way he's playing right now
I hope he plays smarter than those two. Unfortunately that wont happen on the knicks. :bowdown:

imdaman99
01-26-2014, 10:41 PM
He needs to gain weight, but im surprised he was picked so low. The one bright spot of the mess that is the knicks. If shumpert hadnt tore his ACL they would have been scary in a few years.
He needs to work on his defense, but I have no doubt in my mind he will get better at that. I am not expecting a star or anything, but 15 ppg with 2-3 threes a game. His ceiling could be more than that too :rockon: very few brightspots Knicks :(

I am seeing more like JR Smith with a brain. He doesn't have Crawford handles, but his athleticism is :bowdown:

RedBlackAttack
01-26-2014, 10:41 PM
I hope he plays smarter than those two. Unfortunately that wont happen on the knicks. :bowdown:
His basketball IQ was always his biggest question mark for me back when he played for Michigan. I haven't seen much of him in the NBA, though.

Hey, if you get a Crawford/Young at that late stage of arguably the worst draft ever, you're doing well for yourself.

chocolatethunder
01-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Hahaha what?

navy
01-26-2014, 10:44 PM
His basketball IQ was always his biggest question mark for me back when he played for Michigan. I haven't seen much of him in the NBA, though.

Hey, if you get a Crawford/Young at that late stage of arguably the worst draft ever, you're doing well for yourself.

I cant say his IQ has improved, but he plays on the Knicks where he is allowed a green light to shoot when he's on the court. He needs guidance, which he wont get.

Bibby4Three
01-26-2014, 11:36 PM
Gonna call players bust halfway thru their rookie season?

:facepalm

MiseryCityTexas
01-26-2014, 11:39 PM
lol i remember just this past summer i was arguing with some idiot on these message forums about how sorry he was.

MiseryCityTexas
01-26-2014, 11:41 PM

Terrible draft.

people want to talk down of 2nd round draft picks, but i can name plenty of 2nd round draft picks from previous years that shit all over 1st round picks in this last draft class.:oldlol:

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 11:47 PM
Hahaha what?
You don't see It?

Smook A.
01-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Gonna call players bust halfway thru their rookie season?

:facepalm
Dude. Otto Porter is TRASH

chocolatethunder
01-26-2014, 11:59 PM
You don't see It?
Those dudes are trash. Being compared to them is not a compliment. Crawford is ok but hardly a type of player to which anyone would aspire to be.

paytonfan
01-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Steven Adams eats this draft for breakfast. That is all.

chips93
01-27-2014, 12:25 AM

dont forget nate 'the great' wolters

navy
01-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Steven Adams eats this draft for breakfast. That is all.
Forgot about him. He's good.

RedBlackAttack
01-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Hahaha what?
Both Young and Crawford could be very solid, important "instant offense off the bench" type players if they were in the right situation. Well, maybe not Young because he has an attitude that could create problems, but there is no sign that Hardaway Jr. is of the same ilk.

Guys that can light up the scoreboard off the bench could be vitally important in the playoffs.