PDA

View Full Version : Blazers are a Pau Gasol away from contending

imnew09
01-26-2014, 11:47 PM
they should really bid for him when his contract is up. Even though I love Pau, but he's gotta go because we're tanking

GoranDragon
01-26-2014, 11:48 PM
They have LMA.:biggums:

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 11:49 PM
:facepalm Pau can play center...

navy
01-26-2014, 11:49 PM
True. However you guys need a good post defender as well.

LongLiveTheKing
01-26-2014, 11:50 PM
Lakers trade scenerio:
Damian Lillard for Pau
Do it LA

imnew09
01-26-2014, 11:51 PM

Basketball knowledge : NONE.
Troll : Not funny.

just leave.

Pau is at his best when he plays C

Milbuck
01-26-2014, 11:52 PM
How has McCollum been doing?

IncarceratedBob
01-27-2014, 12:36 AM
What a dope

Gasol is a top tier C

buddha
01-27-2014, 12:56 AM

lol, have you ever had a post that wasn't immediately dismantled by multiple posters? :lol

what a joke you are.

but if the blazers knew what they were doing they would trade Batum and Robinson for a draft pick and sign Melo.

Lillard
Mathews
Melo
Aldridge
Lopez

damn.

no pun intended
01-27-2014, 12:56 AM
idiot

MUGEN
01-27-2014, 01:03 AM
Definitely...and since Lakers are in a tank mode it could work. But what would they need in return tho? Blazers won't mess up their chemistry by trading any of the top players..and it would kind of defeat the purpose too

215Philly
01-27-2014, 01:10 AM
We have a phaggit :facepalm

oarabbus
01-27-2014, 01:13 AM

:wtf:

Are you really this stupid

I<3NBA
01-27-2014, 02:15 AM
so what are the Blazers giving up for Pau?

Micku
01-27-2014, 02:47 AM
*blinks*

Huh....I don't really like it for the Blazers. I don't know if their fans like it or not. But I feel they need someone like Marc Gasol (probably won't get him) than Pau Gasol. In my opinion, they need a center who can defend at a higher level, help get rebounds, and score in the post moderately. I guess you have that with Brook Lopez, but you need someone who plays at a higher level defensively I guess.

They are second to last at defending the paint. They allow 47.5 points per game there. The Lakers are dead last. Gasol would probably make that worse.

But I don't know. I hardly watch them this year. I just know that their defense kind'a suck. If they could get their defense to be...top 15 or something, they could go to the finals. Top 10 to have a chance to win it. Their offense is fine. I feel like Pau Gasol would improve their offense, but wouldn't help out their weaknesses.

redboy
01-27-2014, 02:56 AM
their offense would be crazy with pau's passing from the hi/low post. i can easily imagine that team breaking the record for most 3's made in a game

that being said, lopez's defense is more valuable than what pau contributes on offense. pau's often been a liability on defense this year, giving up 30+ points to guys like nene and amir. his mobility is limited and i just feel that he would make the blazers' defensive woes even worse

imnew09
01-27-2014, 02:57 AM
*blinks*

Huh....I don't really like it for the Blazers. I don't know if their fans like it or not. But I feel they need someone like Marc Gasol (probably won't get him) than Pau Gasol. In my opinion, they need a center who can defend at a higher level, help get rebounds, and score in the post moderately. I guess you have that with Brook Lopez, but you need someone who plays at a higher level defensively I guess.

They are second to last at defending the paint. They allow 47.5 points per game there. The Lakers are dead last. Gasol would probably make that worse.

But I don't know. I hardly watch them this year. I just know that their defense kind'a suck. If they could get their defense to be...top 15 or something, they could go to the finals. Top 10 to have a chance to win it. Their offense is fine. I feel like Pau Gasol would improve their offense, but wouldn't help out their weaknesses.

Ok. cool story.

On topic, well, Pau Gasol's contract is up and if Blazers really wanna contend, they should really aim for Pau. I don't see any other big man at the moment

jalbert009
01-27-2014, 02:58 AM
They need Omer Asik.

Milbuck
01-27-2014, 03:01 AM
their offense would be crazy with pau's passing from the hi/low post. i can easily imagine that team breaking the record for most 3's made in a game

that being said, lopez's defense is more valuable than what pau contributes on offense. pau's often been a liability on defense this year, giving up 30+ points to guys like nene and amir. his mobility is limited and i just feel that he would make the blazers' defensive woes even worse
I think Pau would be an insane bench option for them. If McCollum can develop into a decent scorer/secondary ball handler, he and Pau could be a sick duo off the bench for them.

oarabbus
01-27-2014, 04:11 AM
*blinks*

They need Omer Asik.

Yes. Morey wont trade with them but Asik is absolutely what they need.

BlazerRed
01-27-2014, 05:13 AM
*blinks*

This. We need to worry more about a defensive anchor in the post than a scorer. Asik would be perfect but he's a ***** and Morey is delusional as to his worth.

Myth
01-27-2014, 05:22 AM
I'd like Pau on the Blazers, but I'm guessing his contract will be more than the Blazers should (could) pay.

My push recently has been for Blazers trying to sign Okafor as a backup C next summer.

Sharmer
01-27-2014, 06:25 AM
they should really bid for him when his contract is up. Even though I love Pau, but he's gotta go because we're tanking

Gasol is washed up. He's a half court player; who's not suited to the speed teams in the NBA now.

GaryRaymond23
01-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Pau Gasol would actually be a terrible fit defensively next to LMA. Offensively he'd be fantastic but I don't see how they aren't a contending team already?

ImKobe
01-27-2014, 09:12 AM

I see why this idiot was banned :facepalm

ImKobe
01-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Gasol is washed up. He's a half court player; who's not suited to the speed teams in the NBA now.

Gasol is playing on a team with the 3rd highest pace in the league, and is averaging 20 and 10 in the last 10 games :biggums:

The man can still play

imnew09
01-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Man they shouldve really targeted him

The_Yearning
01-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Blazers need a Larry Sanders type of nikka.

ralph_i_el
01-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Blazers have the best defense in the league lol. Why do they need Pau exactly?

imnew09
01-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Blazers have the best defense in the league lol. Why do they need Pau exactly?

Their current center is kaman... This current blazers team cant go far in the playoff because lack of a good C

Duggrr
01-12-2015, 08:16 PM
Their current center is kaman... This current blazers team cant go far in the playoff because lack of a good C
Rolo.

el_locoteee
01-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Blazers have the one of the best defense in the league lol. Why do they need Pau exactly?
fixed

Sportal
01-12-2015, 08:23 PM

Could I ask who you currently see beating the Blazers, and why?

imnew09
01-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Could I ask who you currently see beating the Blazers, and why?

Spurs and Okc and rockets will beat them in a 7 games series if all healthy. Blazers rely too much on jumpshots, not all their shot will fall nicely in a 7 games series

Edit: and GSW

trig
01-12-2015, 08:35 PM
the team that could really use Pau was OKC

GimmeThat
01-12-2015, 08:41 PM
Eric Gordon/Damian Lillard back court.