PDA

View Full Version : In 50 years the Beach Boys will be more remembered then the Beatles IMO

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 04:56 AM
in 50 years I think the Beach Boys will be remembered as the greater band with greater songs.

Already, Sgt. Pepper sounds badly dated while Pet Sounds sounds like it could have come out yesterday.

People are starting to realize.

Beach Boys post-pet sounds albums were ignored but people are starting to realize how many amazing songs they have made. It turns out they were just 40 years ahead of their time. The beatles in contrast sound pretty dated. Their stereo recording isn't helping things, while Beach Boys only recorded in mono.

50 years from now it will be the beach boys everyone talks about as the gold standard 60s rock band.

macmac
01-27-2014, 04:58 AM
Stop saying stupid sh*t all the time

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 05:02 AM
Its not stupid shit. Beatles are going out of date, Beach Boys are becoming more and more relevant to modern composers and rock artists.

this is some next level shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ2OKoLpNBM

Beatles never made an album as good as pet sounds. Beach Boys at their best>Beatles at their best.

You shall see kid, if you live 50 more years, who is remembered as greater.

RedBlackAttack
01-27-2014, 05:23 AM
The Beach Boys have lost momentum over the last decade, not gained it. They probably aren't given the credit that they deserve.

The Beatles, meanwhile, are not going anywhere.

Vienceslav
01-27-2014, 05:29 AM
Sgt. Peppers sounds badly dated?
Since when?:biggums:

Myth
01-27-2014, 05:35 AM
I like Beach Boys music more, but they will never be viewed as better than the Beatles by the masses because of their cultural impact on the 60s being greater.

gigantes
01-27-2014, 05:49 AM
in 50 years humanity will be a crumbling collection of artifacts dotting the landscape of a dying planet.

but, yea... i'm a huge fan of both the 'boys and the lads. comparing them closely is a fool's errand... the two bands had almost nothing in common other than prime era.

anyway, cueing up some lesser-known faves:

all dressed up for school
cabinessence
cuckoo clock
let's go trippin
noble surfer
wonderful

RedBlackAttack
01-27-2014, 06:03 AM
in 50 years humanity will be a crumbling collection of artifacts dotting the landscape of a dying planet.

but, yea... i'm a huge fan of both the 'boys and the lads. comparing them closely is a fool's errand... the two bands had almost nothing in common other than prime era.

anyway, cueing up some lesser-known faves:

all dressed up for school
cabinessence
cuckoo clock
let's go trippin
noble surfer
wonderful
I wouldn't say that. I believe Lennon and McCartney both cited the Beach Boys as influences with the way The Beatles used their vocal harmonies, especially on Pet Sounds.

Sloop John B is a good one.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 06:24 AM
I like Beach Boys music more, but they will never be viewed as better than the Beatles by the masses because of their cultural impact on the 60s being greater.
Think of it like Moby Dick. When Moby Dick came out contemporary critics said 'yeah its a pretty decent story, but uneven, there are loads of better books out there, like stuff by James Fenmore Cooper for example.

100 years later Moby Dick gets a reprint, suddenly all the scholars re-evaluate it and realize 'holy shit this is possibly the greatest American novel ever!' and James Fenmore Cooper is considered genre fiction. Moby Dick was just 100 years ahead of its time and no contemporaries recognized its true greatness.

That's how its going to be with the Beach Boys is what Im saying.

Their genius is going to be universally recognized in 50 years, and beatles will be considered more a product of their time.

Beach Boys were just too ahead of their time, like Van Gogh, Herman Melville and El Greco.

And yes Sgt Peppers is dated as shit.

Beach Boys is like next level of human evolution.

You will see, to those all who will live 50 more years.

gigantes
01-27-2014, 06:26 AM
I wouldn't say that. I believe Lennon and McCartney both cited the Beach Boys as influences with the way The Beatles used their vocal harmonies, especially on Pet Sounds.
yep, of course. they had their little overseas competition, and brian famously melted down during the smile sessions trying to match the beatles.

i meant in the larger sense, though. from a listener's POV, primarily.

ROCSteady
01-27-2014, 06:31 AM
...just think about all the Beatles songs that are either played or covered that still appear in every single facet and form of communication.. commercials, movies, covers etc. To this day, they appear ad nauseum. I enjoy and resect the Beatles very much but it's overkill. The influence is that ingrained in the minds of creators and the audience as a whole. Everybody has heard multiple Beatles songs.

Then think about all the Beach Boys allusions, references and songs used in the media and realms of expression. To compare, it would be a very small fraction. I can't see that discrepancy tilting on its head to the other way in five decades, considering how much Beatles music/lyrics is still in rotation. It's been about five decades since they were a formed, active group and look at the staying power in the consciousness of even younger kids of today. Way more recognizable than the Beach Boys

The Beatles are immensely more popular and universal than The Beach Boys. They always will be imo, a shift and progression of society further into the 21st Century (not even that long of a window tbh) won't change that.

Myth
01-27-2014, 06:31 AM
Think of it like Moby Dick. When Moby Dick came out contemporary critics said 'yeah its a pretty decent story, but uneven, there are loads of better books out there, like stuff by James Fenmore Cooper for example.

100 years later Moby Dick gets a reprint, suddenly all the scholars re-evaluate it and realize 'holy shit this is possibly the greatest American novel ever!' and James Fenmore Cooper is considered genre fiction. Moby Dick was just 100 years ahead of its time and no contemporaries recognized its true greatness.

That's how its going to be with the Beach Boys is what Im saying.

Their genius is going to be universally recognized in 50 years, and beatles will be considered more a product of their time.

Beach Boys were just too ahead of their time, like Van Gogh, Herman Melville and El Greco.

Beach Boys is like next level of human evolution.

You will see, to those all who will live 50 more years.

I disagree. The Beatles have more songs that are about love and stuff that apply more universally. Beach Boys have a lot too, but they also have so many songs about being at the beach, surfing, old cars, etc. that aren't as universally understood.

Myth
01-27-2014, 06:32 AM
The Beatles are immensely more popular and universal than The Beach Boys. They always will be imo, a shift and progression of society further into the 21st Century (not even that long of a window tbh) won't change that.

I posted the same thing at the same time in other words. Great minds think alike. :cheers:

ROCSteady
01-27-2014, 06:45 AM
I posted the same thing at the same time in other words. Great minds think alike. :cheers:

:cheers:

A lot of Beatles music is just so fundamental and easy to hold onto that even the next decades will have that universality passed onto them thru pop culture and the fandom of their parents, grandparents, etc. Much of it is easier to form a bond with, sing and remember the lyrics word by word.

OP is hoping for some kind of renaissance in the musical mindset of the mass audience that will somehow see the Beach Boys as superior and more worthwhile just because that's his personal stance. Applying your own tastes to a projection of what will be considered more affective and ahead of its time is generally the mark of a narcissist.

RedBlackAttack
01-27-2014, 06:54 AM

Bullsh!t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Q9D4dcYng

That's still next level stuff. And, we're talking about 1967, there.

Timeless music.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 07:21 AM
I disagree. The Beatles have more songs that are about love and stuff that apply more universally. Beach Boys have a lot too, but they also have so many songs about being at the beach, surfing, old cars, etc. that aren't as universally understood.
post 1967 Beach Boys I'd argue are more universal, smile era stuff especially is close to being as universal as it can possibly get.

ALSO the beach and surf songs, loads of them are really good and shouldnt be dismissed because they're about surfing or cars. The melodies and harmonies are still amazing.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 07:24 AM
Bullsh!t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Q9D4dcYng

That's still next level stuff. And, we're talking about 1967, there.

Timeless music.
thats not next level shit but its a great song.

Theres also outdated stuff like Within you without you, for the benefit of mr kite, lovely rita when Im 64, she's leaving home and Good Morning Good Morning on that album that hasnt aged well at all.

Pet Sounds is next level shit and as universal album as there possibly will ever be.

All of you who live long enough, you will see. Remember this thread.

FlagrantOne
01-27-2014, 07:28 AM
Beach Boys bigger than The Beatles :lol :lol

Sarcastic
01-27-2014, 07:44 AM
You woulda been more believable if you said the Monkees instead of the Beach Boys.

CeltsGarlic
01-27-2014, 07:53 AM
this song tho (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axb2sHpGwHQ)
amazingly next level

gigantes
01-27-2014, 08:06 AM
You woulda been more believable if you said the Monkees instead of the Beach Boys.
alvin and the chipmunks is a greatly underrated band, too.

niko
01-27-2014, 08:30 AM
in 50 years I think the Beach Boys will be remembered as the greater band with greater songs.

Already, Sgt. Pepper sounds badly dated while Pet Sounds sounds like it could have come out yesterday.

People are starting to realize.

Beach Boys post-pet sounds albums were ignored but people are starting to realize how many amazing songs they have made. It turns out they were just 40 years ahead of their time. The beatles in contrast sound pretty dated. Their stereo recording isn't helping things, while Beach Boys only recorded in mono.

50 years from now it will be the beach boys everyone talks about as the gold standard 60s rock band.
The problem is the bolded sentence is in your mind. Where is this Beach Boys rennassance? I actually see that happening with a lot of Beatles material, a lot of lennon, etc. The Beach Boys had a little resurgence like 10 yrs ago but to be honest nobody really talks about that now.

Part of your prediction is it's begun, and that part is just patently false and made up.

Duderonomy
01-27-2014, 10:43 AM
I love the Beatles but their fans go overboard. There is a Beatles fest/convention in my area that is charging $75 for admission. For that kinda money I better get my hand shaked by Paul and Ringo and see a spirit medium to talk to John and George.

Jailblazers7
01-27-2014, 10:51 AM
I just don't think the Beach Boys will ever be as popular among a general audience. The Beatles are constantly exposed to new fans through TV and movies that use their songs and people are constantly covering them.

Done_And_Done
01-27-2014, 10:54 AM
The Beach Boys have lost momentum over the last decade, not gained it. They probably aren't given the credit that they deserve.

The Beatles, meanwhile, are not going anywhere.

Done & Done

D-FENS
01-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Worst thread ever..... and I have been here since the EZ Board days.

The Beach Boys are simply awful, and only inspired artists that suck massive amounts of coq.

Any popular song you hear nowadays is due to the Beatles. Lennon and McCartney may as well get writing credits for every good song ever.

DeuceWallaces
01-27-2014, 12:04 PM
On one hand Nick Young is an idiot and the Beach Boys have lost massive popularity over the past 20 years.

On the other hand, I doubt many of you have sat down and listened to an original MONO Beatles album. They sound quite dated. Don't fool yourself and think the remastered 10 CD box set from the past decade is anywhere close to how the original material was supposed to sound.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Wild Honey
Friends
Sunflower
Surf's Up
Holland
Love You
The Smile Sessions

Most of these albums are for some reason ignored but they are easily on par with the Beatles greatest albums. The Beach Boys back catalogue will soon be recognized for the genius that it is.

Mike Love and Dennis Wilson were also brilliant songwriters, it is not just Brian Wilson.

Already the modern indie movement owes a huge debt to THE BEACH BOYS and not the Beatles.

Mark my words.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Worst thread ever..... and I have been here since the EZ Board days.

The Beach Boys are simply awful, and only inspired artists that suck massive amounts of coq.

Any popular song you hear nowadays is due to the Beatles. Lennon and McCartney may as well get writing credits for every good song ever.
LAWL. Every pop song owes itself to the beatles? Explain yourself.

Pet Sounds is awful? Explain yourself.

CeltsGarlic
01-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Wild Honey
Friends
Sunflower
Surf's Up
Holland
Love You
The Smile Sessions

Most of these albums are for some reason ignored but they are easily on par with the Beatles greatest albums. The Beach Boys back catalogue will soon be recognized for the genius that it is.

Mike Love and Dennis Wilson were also brilliant songwriters, it is not just Brian Wilson.

Already the modern indie movement owes a huge debt to THE BEACH BOYS and not the Beatles.

Mark my words.

It starts as indie and ends with indie. Thats why the majority still appreciates Beatles over The Beach Boys.

D-FENS
01-27-2014, 12:51 PM
LAWL. Every pop song owes itself to the beatles? Explain yourself.

Pet Sounds is awful? Explain yourself.

Beach Boys are one step away from listening to the Bee Gees.
Who wants to hear those high pitched fat nerds singing about surfing when in fact only one of them even knows how to surf? Homos.

Listen to the American Graffiti soundtrack, then some Beatles from 63/64, and you'll see how earth-shattering their music was at the time. The Beatles ended up with something like 13 different chord progressions, and all of these progressions make up rock and pop music as we know it today. They basically supplied the backbone of popular music. Their music ranges from beautiful works like "In My Life" to stuff like "Helter Skelter."

The Beach Boys only inspire me to throw up. You have a very insular view point, kid. The Beach Boys were/are big in the US, but most people elsewhere thought they were good at the time, but couldn't give a shit about them now.

The Beatles on the other hand have inspired so many artists. Oasis, Blur, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, U2, Pulp, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Cars, Nirvana, David Bowie.... you name it they have been shaped by the Beatles!
Even Brian Wilson was inspired by the Beatles when he wrote Pet Sounds after hearing Rubber Soul

Duderonomy
01-27-2014, 12:52 PM
I thought comic con ticket prices were getting crazy...This years Beatlefest isb being held in NYC. 50th anniversary of the Beatles playing Sullivan. It's being held on the weekend 50 years to the day, Feb 7 - 9, and the hype and greed have taken over. Tickets to walk through the door are $79 for Saturday and $79 for Sunday...and that's if you order rickets by this Friday...after that you can only buy tickets at the door. I've been to 4 Beatlefests in the past...but never paid $79 for a Weekend Pass. I wanted to go this year, especially for the fact that it was being held in NYC, but I refuse to be extorted in to paying $79 to walk through the door. That's outrageous. It's one of the main factors for my not going to the Javitz shows for the comic con. If Carbonaro can put on a comic show at the Hotel Pennsylvania and still charge ONLY $15 to get in then why can't other shows do the same. Big difference between $15 and $79. Guests at shows these days really don't do anything for me. I've met all of my heroes that are still alive. Beatlefest can't even give you any good ones this year. Donovan comes about as close to a "star" on the list of guests. these cons are becoming cons.

andgar923
01-27-2014, 12:58 PM
SMH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FFAD6JnDA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fvJEpdq8a8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU4uaKgCQ9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_62jhSP_EA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGrCE2wYRsk

These are NOT outdated.

Idiot OP idiot :coleman:

That's just getting warm, there are dozens of other songs that if released TODAY would be no.1.

DeuceWallaces
01-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Beach Boys are one step away from listening to the Bee Gees.
Who wants to hear those high pitched fat nerds singing about surfing when in fact only one of them even knows how to surf? Homos.

Listen to the American Graffiti soundtrack, then some Beatles from 63/64, and you'll see how earth-shattering their music was at the time. The Beatles ended up with something like 13 different chord progressions, and all of these progressions make up rock and pop music as we know it today. They basically supplied the backbone of popular music. Their music ranges from beautiful works like "In My Life" to stuff like "Helter Skelter."

The Beach Boys only inspire me to throw up. You have a very insular view point, kid. The Beach Boys were/are big in the US, but most people elsewhere thought they were good at the time, but couldn't give a shit about them now.

The Beatles on the other hand have inspired so many artists. Oasis, Blur, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, U2, Pulp, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Cars, Nirvana, David Bowie.... you name it they have been shaped by the Beatles!
Even Brian Wilson was inspired by the Beatles when he wrote Pet Sounds after hearing Rubber Soul

Stop being an idiot. The backbone of popular music was written by blues artists. Not the Beatles. Furthermore, all of those same artists would list Pet Sounds as a major influence. Lastly, Pet Sounds did better on the charts overseas than in the US.

D-FENS
01-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Stop being an idiot. The backbone of popular music was written by blues artists. Not the Beatles. Furthermore, all of those same artists would list Pet Sounds as a major influence.

Ridiculous. How am I supposed to take advice from some tranny on the internet?
What does a tranny know about popular music? You'd be into that Hedwig and the Angry Inch stuff.

The Beatles learned from blues artists, country artists and especially fusion guys like Elvis. They took what was there and made it popular and viable for today's bands and any other band after them.

Pet Sounds is gay, just like everything about you. Maybe they inspired pathetic music like the wanker that sings: "A Friend in Need is a Friend in Deed" and other whiny nasally high-pitched homo singers. I blame Robin Thicke on the Beach Boys and Alan Thicke for being allowed to procreate.

D-FENS
01-27-2014, 01:13 PM
Stop being an idiot. The backbone of popular music was written by blues artists. Not the Beatles. Furthermore, all of those same artists would list Pet Sounds as a major influence. Lastly, Pet Sounds did better on the charts overseas than in the US.

People overseas don't care about the Beach Boys. They're viewed as a step above the Monkees. Like a running gag. Shit music made for a US audience clamoring for their own version of the Beatles. Ask 1,000,000 people who is better. over 90% will say the Beatles. Pull your head out of your ass, maybe don't, you're very ugly, even for a tranny

DeuceWallaces
01-27-2014, 01:13 PM
Ah yes, get destroyed, then make insults on an alt because you're either an idiot or a *****.

Brilliant!

DeuceWallaces
01-27-2014, 01:14 PM
People overseas don't care about the Beach Boys. They're viewed as a step above the Monkees. Like a running gag. Shit music made for a US audience clamoring for their own version of the Beatles. Ask 1,000,000 people who is better. over 90% will say the Beatles. Pull your head out of your ass, maybe don't, you're very ugly, even for a tranny

They charted higher over-seas than here. You have any more unsubstantiated points?

D-FENS
01-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Ah yes, get destroyed, then make insults on an alt because you're either an idiot or a *****.

Brilliant!

Destroyed? Alt? Who do you think I am?

Respond to my post, tranny.

hateraid
01-27-2014, 01:16 PM
To me the Beach Boys sound dated and repetitive. Every song sounds like Hawaiian beach club music. how si that going to get better and more popular with time.

D-FENS
01-27-2014, 01:20 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/poll-the-beatles-or-the-beach-boys-27007891/
^Two for the Beach Boys here, out of 22... and tat's a website full of nerds like yourself.

Look, Pet Sounds is a decent album, but it's still full of high-pitched girly squeels from fat old men in Hawaiian shirts.

The Beatles worst album is better than the Beach Boys best album.

D-FENS
01-27-2014, 01:21 PM
To me the Beach Boys sound dated and repetitive. Every song sounds like Hawaiian beach club music. how si that going to get better and more popular with time.

It won't because it's horrible. It's like expecting the Macarana to make a comeback.

DeuceWallaces
01-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Destroyed? Alt? Who do you think I am?

Respond to my post, tranny.

You didn't say anything. You claim I couldn't know anything about popular music, but you haven't listed a single artist that came out since '93. Just shut the **** up because it's apparent you have no idea what you're talking about.

D-FENS
01-27-2014, 01:25 PM
You didn't say anything. You claim I couldn't know anything about popular music, but you haven't listed a single artist that came out since '93. Just shut the **** up because it's apparent you have no idea what you're talking about.

Much more of a clue than you pal. Why am I sitting here responding to an ugly tranny full of spite for the world?

Any idiot knows the Beatles are the founding fathers of popular music as we know it today. The Beach Boys were one trick ponies that people don't give a **** about. Geratrics will listen to them, but I don't see movies and musicals made about them. People just don't care. Where's their Vegas show? Beatles are at the Mirage! Beach Boys are homos, who write homo music for homos like you.

KevinNYC
01-27-2014, 01:31 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/poll-the-beatles-or-the-beach-boys-27007891/
^Two for the Beach Boys here, out of 22... and tat's a website full of nerds like yourself.
Cites gaming website for music, but calls others nerds. Check.

[url]Look, Pet Sounds is a decent album, but it's still full of high-pitched girly squeels from fat old men in Hawaiian shirts.
Doesn't know that the Beach Boys were younger than the Beatles. Check.

rufuspaul
01-27-2014, 01:47 PM
The Beach Boys are one of my all time favorite bands. I love all their work from the surfer pop to Brian Wilson's crazy genius stuff. That being said OP is off the mark here. You can site the Beach Boys as big influences but the Beatles are on a completely different level.

As for how the Beatles originally sounded, I"ve listened to Revolver, The White Album and Abby Road on vinyl in the original mono and they still sounded great.

hateraid
01-27-2014, 02:33 PM
The Beach Boys are one of my all time favorite bands. I love all their work from the surfer pop to Brian Wilson's crazy genius stuff. That being said OP is off the mark here. You can site the Beach Boys as big influences but the Beatles are on a completely different level.

As for how the Beatles originally sounded, I"ve listened to Revolver, The White Album and Abby Road on vinyl in the original mono and they still sounded great.

I have them on 8-track, beat that ol man!

rufuspaul
01-27-2014, 02:54 PM
I have them on 8-track, beat that ol man!

:bowdown:

I remember one of my friend's dad had Abby Road on reel-to-reel.

SuperPippen
01-27-2014, 03:50 PM
OP is a ****** who likes to spew controversial bullshit and thinks he is a expert on everything.

You are seriously out of your damn mind if you think the Beach Boys are, or will be, anywhere near as well known as the Beatles.

I am not belittling the Beach Boys. They had some great songs, and were a huge influence on many of their peers and on many musical acts that would follow them. But Pet Sounds - no matter how unfortunate it is that Brian Wilson never really finished Smile - remains their only album which can truly be considered great, and their list of classic songs doesn't approach the caliber of the Beatles' discography, either in quality or in quantity. What Beach Boys songs does the casual music lover even know? Good Vibrations, I Get Around, and Wouldn't It Be Nice? Not much more than that.

The Beatles are seriously the only band in music history where even people who have never listened to their music can identify all of their members by name; the immortal quartet of John, Paul, George, and Ringo.

I will say that the Beach Boys are among the most important American musical acts of the 60's, along with Dylan and Hendrix.

niko
01-27-2014, 04:13 PM
To me the stupid thing about this thread is the assertion by OP that it has already begun, this "movement" toward the beach boys. That's just false. Music is subjective, you can like what you want, but the thought people are already beginning this movement toward the beach boys is not, that's just made up.

gigantes
01-27-2014, 05:27 PM
D-FENS, how do you know you won't like being a tranny if you don't try it sometime? i mean, there are support networks and even bars and clubs that cater.

yea... i think you should give it a shot sometime instead of projecting on to deuce so much. because us bros are here for you, to give you a friendly pat on the back. but no more than that, please.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 06:27 PM
SMH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FFAD6JnDA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fvJEpdq8a8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU4uaKgCQ9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_62jhSP_EA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGrCE2wYRsk

These are NOT outdated.

Idiot OP idiot :coleman:

That's just getting warm, there are dozens of other songs that if released TODAY would be no.1.
I said Sgt Pepper is dated, not every beatles song ever numbnuts

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 06:30 PM
dawg that was only like the first 4 years of the beach boys and then the bullshit Mike Love lead 80s "revival"
1966-1980 they were not making "hawaiian beach club music."

RagaZ
01-27-2014, 06:39 PM
:facepalm

kentatm
01-27-2014, 08:18 PM

:roll:

time for bed little one

kentatm
01-27-2014, 08:34 PM

wut?

Feel Flows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0YzcfD4c8)

Sail On, Sailor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdDtOOJgTzc)

Leaving This Town (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDf8Ao3-a84)

Long Promised Road (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmAqpRFGzRQ)

Forever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tokxcbu_Uo)

Cuddle Up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWniTli73Q0)

Add Some Music to Your Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBkA4-U4MPk)

Baby Blue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxaj1m5PMA8)

I'm not even going to go through all their 60s stuff that is essentially 50s rock combined with doo wop harmonies.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 08:38 PM
OP is a ****** who likes to spew controversial bullshit and thinks he is a expert on everything.

You are seriously out of your damn mind if you think the Beach Boys are, or will be, anywhere near as well known as the Beatles.

I am not belittling the Beach Boys. They had some great songs, and were a huge influence on many of their peers and on many musical acts that would follow them. But Pet Sounds - no matter how unfortunate it is that Brian Wilson never really finished Smile - remains their only album which can truly be considered great, and their list of classic songs doesn't approach the caliber of the Beatles' discography, either in quality or in quantity. What Beach Boys songs does the casual music lover even know? Good Vibrations, I Get Around, and Wouldn't It Be Nice? Not much more than that.

The Beatles are seriously the only band in music history where even people who have never listened to their music can identify all of their members by name; the immortal quartet of John, Paul, George, and Ringo.

I will say that the Beach Boys are among the most important American musical acts of the 60's, along with Dylan and Hendrix.
Smile is great, he finished it years ago mang it came out and still sounded instantly relevant, one of the most universal albums ever recorded..

Dresta
01-27-2014, 08:39 PM
The real test is whether either of them will be remembered in 150 years. I would guess no. The Beatles perhaps have an outside shot, but the Beach Boys? lol

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 08:47 PM
The real test is whether either of them will be remembered in 150 years. I would guess no. The Beatles perhaps have an outside shot, but the Beach Boys? lol
This is what Im saying! Beach Boys will be more recognized then. Their choral music and albums like Pet Sounds and Smile I can easily see being performed in big opera houses and by other singers long after the original members are dead, their lyrics are also more progressive and ahead of their time, alot sounds ahead of their time today. Beach Boys albums work better as full performances by other groups IMO, especially cus all the vocal parts and harmonies are written down already as sheet music.

I can easily envision future society jamming out to beach boys more then I can them doing for the beatles.

Alot of these Beach Boys melodies are other worldly.

gigantes
01-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Feel Flows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0YzcfD4c8)

Leaving This Town (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDf8Ao3-a84)

Long Promised Road (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmAqpRFGzRQ)

Forever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tokxcbu_Uo)

Cuddle Up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWniTli73Q0)

Baby Blue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxaj1m5PMA8)
awesome. i don't remember those tunes by name, so now i can move on past those six BB songs i've had on repeat the whole day. :P

nick young, if you were a real BB fan, you would recommend some lesser-known gems like that. so far it sounds like you barely know more than pet sounds and some greatest hits collections.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 09:07 PM
awesome. i don't remember those tunes by name, so now i can move on past those six BB songs i've had on repeat the whole day. :P

nick young, if you were a real BB fan, you would recommend some lesser-known gems like that. so far it sounds like you barely know more than pet sounds and some greatest hits collections.
dawg those arent lesser known jams they good songs. Check out Sunflower,Holland, Wild Honey and so tough and also Dennis Wilson's solo album Pacific Ocean Blue, yes, even the third most talented Wilson was an incredible singer and songwriter. These are all great ALBUMS, not just albums with a few good tracks.

Seriously listen to the post 1968 Beach boys albums and come back and tell me these guys wont be remembered in 150 years.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 09:11 PM
THis is what people really got to realize, the Beach Boys were not just a one man band Brian Wilson solo project. Carl Wilson, Dennis Wilson and even Mike Love were brilliant song writers not to mention the lyricists Brian worked with like Van Dyke Parks.

gigantes
01-27-2014, 09:29 PM
dawg those arent lesser known jams they good songs. Check out Sunflower,Holland, Wild Honey and so tough and also Dennis Wilson's solo album Pacific Ocean Blue, yes, even the third most talented Wilson was an incredible singer and songwriter. These are all great ALBUMS, not just albums with a few good tracks.

Seriously listen to the post 1968 Beach boys albums and come back and tell me these guys wont be remembered in 150 years.
all BB fans know those albums, numb-nuts.

you say you like the BB yet fail to suggest some hidden gems, like the other guy did.

i smell fraud.

gigantes
01-27-2014, 09:32 PM
nick young... speaking as a huge beach boys fan... we don't want your kind.

you take a tiny sample, extrapolate out your ass on a basketball forums, and declare yourself enlightened.

the only thing you're proving is that you're a fraud and a scam and a slacker who is the absolute LAST PERSON ON EARTH who is qualified to value the beatles and the beach boys.

D-FENS
01-27-2014, 09:41 PM
nick young... speaking as a huge beach boys fan... we don't want your kind.

you take a tiny sample, extrapolate out your ass on a basketball forums, and declare yourself enlightened.

the only thing you're proving is that you're a fraud and a scam and a slacker who is the absolute LAST PERSON ON EARTH who is qualified to value the beatles and the beach boys.

What's your IQ? Gotta be low to be a Beach Boys fan.
Also, what's your address? I want to send you a Bee Gees CD to go with all of your other gay CDs

gigantes
01-27-2014, 09:46 PM
What's your IQ? Gotta be low to be a Beach Boys fan.
Also, what's your address? I want to send you a Bee Gees CD to go with all of your other gay CDs
once again, little bro, might i suggest transylvania as an interesting place to settle down?

i can give you a bro-hug on that, but nothing further.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 10:08 PM
all BB fans know those albums, numb-nuts.

you say you like the BB yet fail to suggest some hidden gems, like the other guy did.

i smell fraud.
Feel Flows and Baby Blue aren't "hidden gems":facepalm

gigantes
01-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Feel Flows and Baby Blue aren't "hidden gems":facepalm
i'm still waiting, bitch.

more and more, it sounds like you haven't understood the BB in the slightest.

you're a fraud, nick young. your only real aim here was to get some cheap arguments going.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 10:38 PM
i'm still waiting, bitch.

more and more, it sounds like you haven't understood the BB in the slightest.

you're a fraud, nick young. your only real aim here was to get some cheap arguments going.
waiting for wut?

gigantes
01-27-2014, 10:41 PM
waiting for wut?
you don't know their catalog... you have nothing of real substance to contribute.

you're a fraud.

Nick Young
01-27-2014, 10:59 PM
you don't know their catalog... you have nothing of real substance to contribute.

you're a fraud.
why u say that bruh u want me to list my favorite songs doe? yy doe?

L.Kizzle
01-27-2014, 11:02 PM
Duh, that's why nearly every person says the Beach Boys are the best band ever...

Oh wait, that's The Beatles.

How many teens and college age people have Beatles posters compared to Beach Boys posters?
Who still has Beatle posters in 2014?

:biggums:

gigantes
01-27-2014, 11:03 PM
why u say that bruh u want me to list my favorite songs doe? yy doe?
keep drinking. maybe it will come to you later on. :cheers:

KeylessEntry
01-28-2014, 12:01 AM

this is almost as bad of a generalization as the one that the f@ggot OP made in his thread about China.

you need to listen to more beach boys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYc4DT18EJg

L.Kizzle
01-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Like 20% of all college students. Every campus store I'd ever been in in every college had 7 posters, one Marilyn Monroe, two Beatles, Che Guevara, Bob Marley, generic Dali art poster, and the WWII Kiss.
I've seen Marley posters, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Michael Jackson, KISS and others but never a Beatles poster.

RedBlackAttack
01-28-2014, 12:38 AM
this is almost as bad of a generalization as the one that the f@ggot OP made in his thread about China.

you need to listen to more beach boys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYc4DT18EJg
That is funny as hell. :oldlol:

The sporadic clapping, stomping and smacking had me rolling.

KevinNYC
01-28-2014, 12:46 AM
WWII Kiss.

Now I want a gif of the Andrews Sisters in full KISS makeup.

Jackass18
01-28-2014, 01:28 AM
I prefer The Beach Boys, but there's no way this will happen. The Beatles are too ingrained in pop culture, too influential, worshiped too much, and have too many highly thought of albums. Who cares anyways? Are you that invested in popular opinion? But hey, it's nice to throw out a far-off prediction that you'll soon forget. Be sure to bump this thread in 50 years...

D-FENS
01-28-2014, 10:08 AM
once again, little bro, might i suggest transylvania as an interesting place to settle down?

i can give you a bro-hug on that, but nothing further.

Bro, you must be into the trannies with all this tranny talk. DW has you affected. Tell him/her/it/they how you feel.

Actually, I just put the pettiness aside for a second, it would be hilarious if Transylvania was a country full of trannies but also horrifying.

PS, I found your myspace profle pic;
http://www.me-myself-and-i.me.uk/photos/web13.jpg

gigantes
01-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Bro, you must be into the trannies with all this tranny talk. DW has you affected. Tell him/her/it/they how you feel.

Actually, I just put the pettiness aside for a second, it would be hilarious if Transylvania was a country full of trannies but also horrifying.

PS, I found your myspace profle pic;
http://www.me-myself-and-i.me.uk/photos/web13.jpg
no no, check the record. it

Myth
01-28-2014, 03:19 PM
I've seen Marley posters, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Michael Jackson, KISS and others but never a Beatles poster.

When I was in college in the mid-2000s, the Beatles on Abbey Road was a fairly common poster. Not 20% as somebody mentioned, but probably a top 10 poster. Never saw a Beach Boys poster though.

I have 1 friend who the Beatles are his favorite band (sports multiple framed posters). I'm the biggest Beach Boys fan of all of my friends, and that is with them probably in my top 20.

JUDGE WITNESS
01-28-2014, 03:24 PM
well in 50 years nobody is going to be alive that was during the beatles era

ROCSteady
02-09-2014, 09:35 PM
CBS is doing a big blow out celebrating the 50th anniversary of The Beatles appearance on The Ed O'Sullivan Show.

So many celebrities and legendary people in the crowd, singing along classic Beatles songs. You can see the nostalgia and personal connection they have, shit is genuine.

Sry Nick Young, The Beach Boys will never see reverence and the type of public recognition like this.