PDA

View Full Version : With the trade deadline approaching, what players do you think will be traded?

Levity
01-27-2014, 01:54 PM
With less that a month until the 2014 trade deadline, we'll probably start hearing more and more rumors daily. But im sure most of the posters on here have an idea of players that will be moved, or at the very least, who theyd like to see moved.

so what are some trades youd expect to see before the deadline?

Does Orlando move one of afflalo, nelson, or big baby?
Have the Lowry talks completely settled? or is there still interest for him out there?
Asik and D-MO staying put?
Do the Bulls continue to clear house, sans butler and taj?
JR Smith destined to finish out the next few years as a knick?
Rumors started swirling early last week about the bucks looking to unload Sanders. Does this come to fruition. (hes been pretty terrible this season and henson has looked better with each game)
Is there a perfect match for a Gasol trade?

edit: Totally forgot that Ben Gordon is an expiring 13 mil contract (god damn, that one good playoff series with the bulls a few years back really filled his bank account). Does anyone take him purely as an expirer?

O_City_Thunder
01-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Greg Monroe and Marcus Thornton

wally_world
01-27-2014, 01:58 PM
I hope OKC pushes to get Afflalo, i think he's the final piece to the championship puzzle

Lowry is staying put with how well Toronto is playing

According to latest reports, Rockets are apparently not looking to move Asik. I think they'll hold off moving him until the off season.

I think Minny moves KLove in a trade that just comes outta nowhere

Levity
01-27-2014, 01:59 PM

would be insane to see. but with their playoff hopes dwindling, and all signs pointing to him leaving after next year, it would make sense.

Levity
01-27-2014, 02:00 PM
Greg Monroe and Marcus Thornton

marcus thornton has been upping his value the past few games. but who do you think offers anything for him?

O_City_Thunder
01-27-2014, 02:08 PM
marcus thornton has been upping his value the past few games. but who do you think offers anything for him?
It's hard to say, but I would think someone would pull the trigger on this guy.

O_City_Thunder
01-27-2014, 02:13 PM
BTW, I think OKC should go after Iman Shumpert. He has a favorable contract and he could replace Thabo because everyone knows we're not re-signing him next season. We only have 13 players on our roster right now and I think a couple draft picks would get it done. Shumpert is only making 1.7 mil this year so we have the cap space for him.

GOBB
01-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Evan Turner will be gone.

Fudge
01-27-2014, 02:22 PM
The trade that makes the most sense is Greg Monroe for Eric Gordon. That shit should've been done already.

Mr Exlax
01-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Morey said recently that Asik is more than likely going to play out his contract in a Houston Rockets uniform. Even then though, I think he's going to be traded. Maybe I just hope it. DMo needs to be shipped out asap.

jalbert009
01-27-2014, 02:38 PM

K-Love for Lee + Barnes + 2014 Unprotected first pick

Milbuck
01-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Caron Butler, Carlos Boobzer, Kirk Hinrich, Greg Monroe, Harrison Barnes, Eric Gordon

IncarceratedBob
01-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Gasol, Afflalo, OJ Mayo, Waiters

KyrieTheFuture
01-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Turner and Kyle Lowry are locks probably

Levity
01-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Evan Turner will be gone.

yeah i read that philly already has a firm stance against offering him a qualifying offer. so it definitely makes sense to try and trade him before then.

Levity
01-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Kyle Lowry

as much as i love seeing him on the raptors (and my fantasy team loves it even more), marc stein recently tweeted something along the lines of that nba teams still think hes going to be moved. the nets had interest last month, and now that livingston is starting, it makes sense for them to go after him if they want to make any noise in the playoffs.

Xiao Yao You
01-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Hopefully Marvin Williams before the Jazz make the mistake of resigning him. Jefferson could help someone down the stretch as well.

VIP2000
01-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Andre Miller - he could probably help out a team like the Pacers

Black and White
01-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Thad Young?

ProfessorMurder
01-27-2014, 06:22 PM
edit: Totally forgot that Ben Gordon is an expiring 13 mil contract (god damn, that one good playoff series with the bulls a few years back really filled his bank account). Does anyone take him purely as an expirer?

Gerald Wallace and Olynyk for Ben Gordon. Crash goes back to Charlotte, and they get a decent young guy who can learn from Big Al.

Morey said recently that Asik is more than likely going to play out his contract in a Houston Rockets uniform. Even then though, I think he's going to be traded. Maybe I just hope it. DMo needs to be shipped out asap.

I think you mean sit out his contract.

GOBB
01-27-2014, 06:31 PM
yeah i read that philly already has a firm stance against offering him a qualifying offer. so it definitely makes sense to try and trade him before then.

And Spencer Hawes, while he is a UFA after the season. He could help a contender that needs a piece off the bench. Or could be used in a package deal with Evan Turner. For who? For what? I haven't heard any rumors in that regard. Probably won't until the week of the deadline.

But yeah writing is on the wall for Evan Turner here. I often suggested before the season cranked up Evan Turner for Greg Monroe swap (made a thread). I've soured a bit on Monroe progression as a defender and midrange shooter.

outbreak
01-27-2014, 06:36 PM
afflalo and nelson will probably be moved, nelson has looked alright recently and afflalos having a great year.

waseem780
01-27-2014, 06:55 PM
I hope Big Fatass Baby Davis gets moved and they give his minutes to Tobias Harris (@ PF) or Andrew Nicholson. and I wouldn't be mad if they traded Jameer aswell he is too old to rebuild with and we can give more minutes to Oladipo at PG and Harkless at SG

Levity
01-27-2014, 06:57 PM
I hope Big Fatass Baby Davis gets moved and they give his minutes to Tobias Harris (@ PF) or Andrew Nicholson. and I wouldn't be mad if they traded Jameer aswell he is too old to rebuild with and we can give more minutes to Oladipo at PG and Harkless at SG

agreed with most of this except the oladipo part. i think hes better at the 2. maybe he can still develop into a pg, but if the magic can somehow trade afflalo for reggie jackson, i think the magics future would get even more brighter. maybe they have to throw nelson in the trade too and take perkins contract back? or something like that

JUDGE WITNESS
01-27-2014, 06:58 PM
rajon rondo

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-27-2014, 07:00 PM
With less that a month until the 2014 trade deadline, we'll probably start hearing more and more rumors daily. But im sure most of the posters on here have an idea of players that will be moved, or at the very least, who theyd like to see moved.

so what are some trades youd expect to see before the deadline?

Does Orlando move one of afflalo, nelson, or big baby?
Have the Lowry talks completely settled? or is there still interest for him out there?
Asik and D-MO staying put?
Do the Bulls continue to clear house, sans butler and taj?
JR Smith destined to finish out the next few years as a knick?
Rumors started swirling early last week about the bucks looking to unload Sanders. Does this come to fruition. (hes been pretty terrible this season and henson has looked better with each game)
Is there a perfect match for a Gasol trade?

when is the deadline?

Levity
01-27-2014, 07:03 PM
when is the deadline?

feb 20th

D-FENS
01-27-2014, 07:18 PM
The Magic won't get what they want for Afflalo - so he stays

Pacers will get Lowry for the following:
Kyle Lowry, Austn Daye for Chris Copeland, CJ Watson, 2014 2nd rounder, 2015 2nd rounder + cash considerations

Jeff Green gets traded to Detroit for Villanueva and Singler

Greg Monroe gets traded to Denver

Evan Turner gets traded to the Spurs

Andrew Bynum gets signed by the Nets

Andre Miller gets bought out, goes to Golden State

Hawes and Young get dealt in a package for Kanter and Biedrins

Phoenix will be looking to upgrade young talent into a solid star on the block

Portland will make a play for Lowry and miss out

Ben Gordon gets traded for OJ Mayo and Larry Sanders

BlackWhiteGreen
01-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Woj said on Boston radio he thinks Green will be traded before the start of next season, might not be before this deadline though

RedBlackAttack
01-27-2014, 07:33 PM
I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be shocked if Dion Waiters were traded. He is losing minutes quickly and the team seems to be trending away from him.

KyrieTheFuture
01-27-2014, 07:37 PM
as much as i love seeing him on the raptors (and my fantasy team loves it even more), marc stein recently tweeted something along the lines of that nba teams still think hes going to be moved. the nets had interest last month, and now that livingston is starting, it makes sense for them to go after him if they want to make any noise in the playoffs.
As a fellow fantasy owner of Lowry, do we sell high? There's not a good chance his stats are this good on whatever team trades for him IMO.

GOBB
01-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Evan Turner gets traded to the Spurs

Trade should be blocked by Stern.

Sharmer
01-27-2014, 07:41 PM
KP from OKC. He could be used elsewhere.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-27-2014, 07:42 PM
feb 20th

thank u

Levity
01-27-2014, 07:43 PM
As a fellow fantasy owner of Lowry, do we sell high? There's not a good chance his stats are this good on whatever team trades for him IMO.

im gonna hold onto him, at least until rumors start floating around again. chances are the raps wont get the value theyd like for him back, so they may hold onto him in hopes of re-signing him next year. which is honestly risky with the Lakers open to looking for a PG. but yeah the only rumored teams id be open to him going to are the knicks and nets. knicks for obvious reasons and the nets because i dont see williams staying healthy, and if he does stay healthy, i can see kidd sitting dwill around fantasy playoff time. and that would pay off for any gambling owner.

KyrieTheFuture
01-27-2014, 08:07 PM
im gonna hold onto him, at least until rumors start floating around again. chances are the raps wont get the value theyd like for him back, so they may hold onto him in hopes of re-signing him next year. which is honestly risky with the Lakers open to looking for a PG. but yeah the only rumored teams id be open to him going to are the knicks and nets. knicks for obvious reasons and the nets because i dont see williams staying healthy, and if he does stay healthy, i can see kidd sitting dwill around fantasy playoff time. and that would pay off for any gambling owner.

:cheers:

True, no point in a panic sell especially cause half the people in my league don't follow rumors so I can get a jump anyway if he's traded to a bad team fantasy wise.

longtime lurker
01-27-2014, 08:36 PM

Yes sell high on Lowry!

HylianNightmare
01-27-2014, 08:40 PM
big baby