PDA

View Full Version : LaLa: Melo will stay with Knicks

niko
01-27-2014, 07:06 PM
La La Anthony "definitely" thinks her husband, free-agent-to-be Carmelo Anthony, will re-sign with the New York Knicks this summer.

"I definitely think he will stay [in New York]. I know that he wants to stay and I support him wherever he wants to go," La La Anthony said in an interview with Bravo TV's "Watch What Happens Live." "Listen, I used to live in Denver with him. If I can live in Denver, I can live anywhere. I just want him to be happy."

Carmelo Anthony says he will test free agency this summer. He is under contract through the 2014-15 season but can opt out after this year. Under the current collective bargaining agreement, the Knicks can offer him a maximum contract of $129 million over five years.

Other suitors can offer Carmelo Anthony a maximum of $96 million over four years. So the Knicks have a financial advantage.

La La Anthony playfully mocked those who speculate that she will have heavy influence on Carmelo Anthony's decision.

"I get blamed for everything, no matter what happens it's my fault," she said. "[There are] all these talks if he's staying in New York or not [and] I'm somehow the mastermind behind if he stays or not."

The Knicks (17-27) have performed well below expectations thus far this season. That's lead some to speculate that Carmelo Anthony will take less money and sign elsewhere this summer.

One potential destination is Los Angeles. The Lakers are among several teams, including the Chicago Bulls and Dallas Mavericks, that may have the requisite salary cap space this summer to sign Carmelo Anthony.

Carmelo Anthony's friend and Lakers legend Kobe Bryant said on Sunday that he will not be actively recruiting the Knicks forward to join the Lakers.

"Well, everybody wants to play in Los Angeles," Bryant said when asked about Anthony's potential interest in joining him in Los Angeles. "I mean New York is a beautiful place, don't get me wrong, but it is colder than s--- out here. You know, palm trees and beaches obviously are a little more appealing.

"All jokes aside, I think that players, when that time comes, will have to make the best decision for them and their families. I try not to think about it too much. If he wants to call me for advice later as a friend, I will be more than happy to give it to him."

Bryant pointed out that one way for Carmelo Anthony to be viewed as more than just a scorer is to win a title.

"The only way to do that is win," Bryant said. "That's it. I won five championships and there's some of you guys [who] still say that. You just got to take it and roll with it. The important thing is winning a championship. That's the only way to shake it. That's the only way Michael [Jordan] shook it. That's the only way any top scorer will be able to shake it."

Carmelo Anthony, who is in his 11th season, said on Monday that his sole motivation is to win an NBA title.

"That's the only thing I care about. Anything else is irrelevant to me when it comes to basketball," he said. "Championship is the only thing that's on my mind, is the only thing I want to accomplish, I want to achieve, and I'm going to do what I got to do to get that. That's my motivating factor. Nothing else even motivates me anymore, just that."

TheMarkMadsen
01-27-2014, 07:08 PM
"If I can live in Denver, I can live anywhere"

:biggums: da fuq is that supposed to mean

anyways, we all know lala wouldn't be opposed for a move to LA

BTW, she never said "Melo will stay" she said she thinks he will, then immediately followed it up by saying "ill support him wherever he goes"

duskovujosevic
01-27-2014, 07:08 PM
bitchh wants to be in expensive city, to be in the center of attention in NY.

niko
01-27-2014, 07:10 PM

anyways, we all know lala wouldn't be opposed for a move to LA

BTW, she never said "Melo will stay" she said she thinks he will, then immediately followed it up by saying "ill support him wherever he goes"
She didn't like living in Denver. I know people who want to live in the countryside who are horrified by NY. Not everyone likes everywhere.

christian1923
01-27-2014, 07:13 PM
5 years. 129 million. GOTTTT DAMMNNNN. Let him leave

niko
01-27-2014, 07:14 PM
5 years. 129 million. GOTTTT DAMMNNNN. Let him leave
Is it your money? Do you think if they don't pay him they give it back to the fans?

Black and White
01-27-2014, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't look too far into what La La is saying, it seems like a bit of damage control to me, she never definitively said Melo is staying, she just put the ball in Melos court to take the attention off of herself, it can go either way at this point.

Nets fan 93
01-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Is it your money? Do you think if they don't pay him they give it back to the fans?
I'm pretty sure he knows that it doesn't leave too much room for other players to be paid.

niko
01-27-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm pretty sure he knows that it doesn't leave too much room for other players to be paid.
Stars get paid that much. To say to get rid of a star who gets paid too much, to bring in other stars to overpay is stupid. Once you are over you are over. Like the Nets. JJ gets paid too much. But who the **** cares, because that money isn't available anyway.

Salary complaints are stupid. Everyone gets paid too much.

christian1923
01-27-2014, 07:22 PM
Kind of actually. Lol ticket prices went up a lot when he got to town. I'm just saying though that's a lot to invest in one player unless they build a really strong supporting cast around him.

imdaman99
01-27-2014, 07:23 PM
That's not the point. Do you think the Knicks are capable of convincing another star to take less to come here and play with Melo? Do you think Knicks management is capable of allowing a tank for a future draft when they DO have their pick? Do you have any faith in Knicks management? I don't.

niko
01-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Kind of actually. Lol ticket prices went up a lot when he got to town. I'm just saying though that's a lot to invest in one player unless they build a really strong supporting cast around him.

Ticket prices go up all the time, it has nothing to do with Melo at all. Ticket prices went up during the Isiah error (spelled that way on purpose). And they never go down.

cos88
01-27-2014, 07:26 PM
"I definitely think he will stay [in New York]. I know that he wants to stay and I support him wherever he wants to go,"

pretty sure that midget whore won't support him if he wants to go a shitty town like clevaland or oklahoma ( if it would be possible ).

cleveland = factory boring place, every country has this kind of town where 90% are poor. you don't hear anybody say ' i'll go to cleveland for the holidays' http://s3.postimg.org/5u3n3yz8f/3_V8q_FHN.png (http://postimage.org/)

oklahoma = even worse, the girl there stink, smell and are fat. nobody can speak proper english and if you want to have fun on a saturday night you have to take a plane to the nearest city where you can at least eat something that will not poison you.

lala ( who has that weak nickname ) YOU ARE A HOE

niko
01-27-2014, 07:27 PM
That's not the point. Do you think the Knicks are capable of convincing another star to take less to come here and play with Melo? Do you think Knicks management is capable of allowing a tank for a future draft when they DO have their pick? Do you have any faith in Knicks management? I don't.

So the plan is to jettison Melo, get the other star, then what - sit around and say "oh **** we traded the first star, how do we get one back?" The "faith in mgmt", what you are suggesting requires more competence, not less. You don't want them to keep Melo and try to hit a home run around him, you want them to jettison him and then do a total rebuild. Good luck.

Fortunately none of you are in charge.

niko
01-27-2014, 07:29 PM
BTW, are any of you married? Hey Honey, for 5 years instead of NY, Chicago or LA, Let's go to Cleveland! I don't think that makes Lala a ho, i think it makes her normal. My wife would shoot me.

KyrieTheFuture
01-27-2014, 07:29 PM
I have absolutely no idea why Melo is interested in this woman. Cut the ***** off.

And lol at acting like Denver is a bad place to live, it's top 4 city in the country, my personal number 1. Spoiled ****.

christian1923
01-27-2014, 07:30 PM
So the plan is to jettison Melo, get the other star, then what - sit around and say "oh **** we traded the first star, how do we get one back?" The "faith in mgmt", what you are suggesting requires more competence, not less. You don't want them to keep Melo and try to hit a home run around him, you want them to jettison him and then do a total rebuild. Good luck.

Id rather see what you could get in a trade for him, not just let him walk.

What would be your plan?

niko
01-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Id rather see what you could get in a trade for him, not just let him walk.

What would be your plan?
Keep him. There is no good trade out there that doesn't give us back a huge shitty salary. FA keeps his value down. Keep him and bring in players that actually complement him rather than what we have now.

Every team wants a star, we have one, an MVP (at times) caliber player, but we want to jettison him and try to get an other star to replace him. Who? Lebron? Durant? Can't. Then you have Love, Rondo, etc. guys who need a Melo to pass to.

If we could get a huge package and try to rebuild, etc. it's different but we can't - it's not even a remote possibility.

PJR
01-27-2014, 07:33 PM
With his defensive deficiencies and lack of playmaking ability, I wouldn't want Carmelo Anthony as my team's max player. Taking up more than a third of my teams salary cap. Would rather he'd walk, and start off from scratch. He simply isn't that impactful of a player. And with this new CBA, and the harsher luxury tax penalties? No way.

This is what a 5 year max deal for Carmelo looks like.

That contract will cripple the Knicks flexibility. New York, welcome to another decade of irrelevance :oldlol:

Do it Dolan!!

niko
01-27-2014, 07:33 PM
I have absolutely no idea why Melo is interested in this woman. Cut the ***** off.

And lol at acting like Denver is a bad place to live, it's top 4 city in the country, my personal number 1. Spoiled ****.

You're the worst poster in the world, it's his wife. What do you know about her other than she is on TV? And you live in Cleveland. Downtown Beirut must look good to you.

niko
01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
With his defensive deficiencies and lack of playmaking ability, I wouldn't want Carmelo Anthony as my team's max player. He simply isn't that impactful of a player. Taking up more than a third of my teams salary cap. Would rather he'd walk, and start off from scratch. With this new CBA, and the harsher luxury tax penalties? No way.

This is what a 5 year max deal for Carmelo looks like.

That contract will cripple the Knicks flexibility. New, York, welcome to another decade or irrelevance :oldlol:

Do it Dolan!!
See this is why people are full of shit. It's cash from Dolan's pocket. Why the **** would it bother you if Dolan pays extra cash from his pocket? That's just stupid.

christian1923
01-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Keep him. There is no good trade out there that doesn't give us back a huge shitty salary. FA keeps his value down. Keep him and bring in players that actually complement him rather than what we have now.

Every team wants a star, we have one, an MVP (at times) caliber player, but we want to jettison him and try to get an other star to replace him. Who? Lebron? Durant? Can't. Then you have Love, Rondo, etc. guys who need a Melo to pass to.

If we could get a huge package and try to rebuild, etc. it's different but we can't - it's not even a remote possibility.

Id love to keep him but if they do they need to bring in a point guard. A good one. Idk how they can do it but we need one in the worst way.

PJR
01-27-2014, 07:43 PM
See this is why people are full of shit. It's cash from Dolan's pocket. Why the **** would it bother you if Dolan pays extra cash from his pocket? That's just stupid.

:oldlol: There's more to the luxury tax penalties than just money, dumbass.

When a team is over the luxury threshold, you lose resources to help improve your team. You lose the ability to execute sign and trades, you also lose the ability to use exceptions, such as the Mid-Level and Bi-Annual.

It's more than just money. You lose resources to help improve your team once you're over that threshold. So if you're locked into the luxury tax , you better make sure that team is a contender, because that's what's you're rolling with.

Why do you think Mark Cuban, a guy who has always been willing to spend well above the cap, has become gun shy in regards to the new CBA?

KyrieTheFuture
01-27-2014, 07:54 PM
You're the worst poster in the world, it's his wife. What do you know about her other than she is on TV? And you live in Cleveland. Downtown Beirut must look good to you.

:roll:

**** you clown I haven't lived in Cleveland for 13 years, and I'd be the first person to say how shitty it is. I've lived in Denver, Los Angeles and NYC the most overrated city on the planet. Please don't act like you know anything about me just because I have an opinion you don't like.

outbreak
01-27-2014, 07:59 PM
what the hells a lala?

AnaheimLakers24
01-27-2014, 08:10 PM
bitchh wants to be in expensive city, to be in the center of attention in NY.
this, also she aint that hot anymore.

The_Yearning
01-27-2014, 08:11 PM
Kobe :bowdown:

christian1923
01-27-2014, 08:16 PM
:roll:

**** you clown I haven't lived in Cleveland for 13 years, and I'd be the first person to say how shitty it is. I've lived in Denver, Los Angeles and NYC the most overrated city on the planet. Please don't act like you know anything about me just because I have an opinion you don't like.
Only ppl who don't like NYC are the ones who can't make it in NYC.

Patrick Chewing
01-27-2014, 08:17 PM

Salary cap. No more money to sign better players.

Brad Lesnar
01-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Kobe :bowdown:
:bowdown:

KyrieTheFuture
01-27-2014, 08:23 PM
This is the mentality I don't like about most New Yorkers. Oh you don't like it here? Obviously you just can't handle it, no other way people could possibly dislike it here.

Heavincent
01-27-2014, 08:28 PM
Both NY teams need to learn to stop taking short cuts. You don't need to throw huge amounts of money at guys like Amare, just because you can. Unlike the NFL, you actually can build through free agency and trades, but you still have to be smart about it and give money to the right guys.

JUDGE WITNESS
01-27-2014, 08:28 PM
If I can live in Denver, I can live anywhere.
correction: if im swimming in dough i dont care where i live

christian1923
01-27-2014, 08:30 PM
This is the mentality I don't like about most New Yorkers. Oh you don't like it here? Obviously you just can't handle it, no other way people could possibly dislike it here.
then what's not to like??

NugzFan
01-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Lol. **** lala.

Who the **** does she think she is?

bagelred
01-27-2014, 09:08 PM
If I can live in Denver, I can live anywhere.

:oldlol: Dat maid me laff.

215Philly
01-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Lol. **** lala.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Pra
01-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Denver is amazing. Lala is out of her mind, she's probably a home body. I miss Colorado... best mountain biking/hiking I've done...

JohnFreeman
01-27-2014, 10:02 PM
I think she is hoping Melo reads this and stays. "Honey I am going to play for the bucks"

Darius
01-27-2014, 10:04 PM
$20m+/yr for Melo doe.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Denvers a really underrated city

smoovegittar
01-27-2014, 10:15 PM
He's staying - Dolan's paying the man. Some of you haters are hysterical... did you hear the love he was getting at The Mecca the other night? There's few arenas OR fans out there like New York has. We have next year to get it right - this year's pretty much shot.

Steve Mills - the guy who got us L.J. and Houston - hopefully will get this sorted out.

oh - love the Denver comment. I been there. Nothing going on in Denver 'cept weed. :rolleyes:

Inferno
01-27-2014, 10:18 PM
Lol. **** lala.

:lol

smoovegittar
01-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Both NY teams need to learn to stop taking short cuts. You don't need to throw huge amounts of money at guys like Amare, just because you can. Unlike the NFL, you actually can build through free agency and trades, but you still have to be smart about it and give money to the right guys.

"...but you still have to be smart about it..." Right there. I think there's too many clubs that are shy on the smarts. I'll readily admit my club has pissed me off no end on dumb shit.

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-27-2014, 10:46 PM
really hope he stays. will dislike him immensely if he leaves.

Milbuck
01-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Fingers crossed on him signing with Milwaukee

secund2nun
01-28-2014, 12:02 AM

Non sense. Some people just don't like NYC...myself included. I like nature and NYC is just a bunch of buildings. Also it's cold and many people hate the cold. It's crowded and expensive. The people are rude and the crime is high. It's also polluted.

SillyRabbit
01-28-2014, 12:06 AM
What overly spoiled, attention seeking rich wife wouldn't want to stay in New York City?

There's absolutely no way in hell that LaLa will let Melo play anywhere other than New York or Los Angeles.

bluechox2
01-28-2014, 12:08 AM
jr probably wish he stayed in denver

Knicksfever2010
01-28-2014, 12:25 AM
Non sense. Some people just don't like NYC...myself included. I like nature and NYC is just a bunch of buildings.

http://macaulay.cuny.edu/eportfolios/groupd/files/2011/09/central-by-grandcanyon-freedotfr.jpg

secund2nun
01-28-2014, 12:41 AM
http://macaulay.cuny.edu/eportfolios/groupd/files/2011/09/central-by-grandcanyon-freedotfr.jpg

That's just one crowded urban park. NYC is not the city for people who love nature/the outdoors.

Knicksfever2010
01-28-2014, 01:06 AM
That's just one crowded urban park. NYC is not the city for people who love nature/the outdoors.

ok:biggums:

Trentknicks
01-28-2014, 01:16 AM
I think the level of butthurt should drop considerably in this thread. Your enjoyment of a city is most certainly linked to your budget. La la's got more money than everyone in this thread, so she's probably going to be able to enjoy herself more in NYC than Denver.

Audio One
01-28-2014, 01:30 AM
If I can live in Denver, I can live anywhere

:applause:

Audio One
01-28-2014, 01:31 AM
I think the level of butthurt should drop considerably in this thread. Your enjoyment of a city is most certainly linked to your budget. La la's got more money than everyone in this thread, so she's probably going to be able to enjoy herself more in NYC than Denver.

:oldlol:

IncarceratedBob
01-28-2014, 01:31 AM
Denver is a shithole

Audio One
01-28-2014, 01:35 AM

Colorado's not exactly known for it's...... culture :D

BlackVVaves
01-28-2014, 03:53 AM
:oldlol: There's more to the luxury tax penalties than just money, dumbass.

When a team is over the luxury threshold, you lose resources to help improve your team. You lose the ability to execute sign and trades, you also lose the ability to use exceptions, such as the Mid-Level and Bi-Annual.

It's more than just money. You lose resources to help improve your team once you're over that threshold. So if you're locked into the luxury tax , you better make sure that team is a contender, because that's what's you're rolling with.

Why do you think Mark Cuban, a guy who has always been willing to spend well above the cap, has become gun shy in regards to the new CBA?

I almost never agree with you PJR, and similarly rarely disagree with niko, but I have to say this is probably the most markedly (and objectively) accurate post in this entire thread.

Every time someone disperses the "Don't Max Melo" concept around, you tumble out with this "Well you're stupid, it's not your money so you shouldn't care if he gets maxed out," jargon, as if the ONLY implications a sensible fan mauls over in his head is that his team is gonna have to pay a hefty luxury tax. Bro, you honestly sound like an Isaiah apologist (even though I know you aren't) birthed out the tragically and embarrassingly trash decade of existence that the franchise just recently escaped. What about the ill effects the inhibitions casted on the great unknown Steve Mills will have on the Knicks' ability to improve their personnel over the years? With that type of contract, you're one bad contract away from certain mediocrity, as many teams suffer from. Even more, you'll be at a disadvantage when it comes to your options in the talent pool. With that contract, you're banking on Melo being a Top 3 type of player; someone not only capable, but likely, to help elevate his play and the play of his teammates to an extent that covers up the deficiencies of your team as a whole. Someone like a LeBron, a Duncan, a KD, a CP3, a Kobe, a KG, a Shaq. Do you honestly believe a player that's only been out the first round two times in his 10 year career is of that caliber? I don't. And I think some people around here don't either.

So, some fans feel like, better to save money and rebuild, and invest that money in a star through free agency who may fit that criteria, or at the very least get a good draft pick next year and start young. Point is though, there's more to the impact that assigning a third of your cap to one player has on an organization than the tax penalty.

Clutch
01-28-2014, 05:32 AM

:biggums:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Al Thorton
01-28-2014, 05:38 AM
honey nut cheerios. all the new yorkafiles in this thread need to fall back. the city isn't perfect kid, deal with it

RagaZ
01-28-2014, 06:53 AM
L.A = Overrated.

kurple
01-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Denver was good enough for Elway and Manning. Melo needs to dump LaLa if he wants to win. Cant have her making his desicions

And I want Melo to stay in New York. The '14 and '16 picks are looking golden at the moment, and i dont want the Knicks to do anything that could give them a boost (fire Woodson or trade Melo)

IMObjective
01-28-2014, 07:15 AM
What overly spoiled, attention seeking rich wife wouldn't want to stay in New York City?

There's absolutely no way in hell that LaLa will let Melo play anywhere other than New York or Los Angeles.
Chicago 's also a real possibility right? After going through this thread I'm starting to wonder if I'm wrong in thinking that the consensus is that melo is most likely going to leave. Like 80 to 90 percent chance.

niko
01-28-2014, 08:33 AM
She didn't like living in Denver. People need to not be butthurt about it. I know a ton of people who NY and the size is just abhorent to them. I don't want to live in Denver. Does that mean Denver sucks?

She doesn't like Denver so she must be a bitch and Melo should divorce her. Are you ****ing serious? That doesn't sound stupid to you?

Marlo_Stanfield
01-28-2014, 08:36 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause:

NuggetsFan
01-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Melo and the Knicks deserve eachother. Hope he finishes his career in NY, both he and Lala got exactly what they wanted :confusedshrug: Don't think it's a secret Lala wanted out of Denver, worked out tho. All good, Melo helped us to 'em dirty :lol

It would be kinda funny if Melo re-ups in NY and they send him to Milwaukee or something or really anywhere away from the bright lights.

niko
01-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Can everyone explain to me the enormous success Denver is having post Melo? When does it begin? Denver doesn't even remotely look like it's on a curve toward being elite.

I get the Knicks aren't that good. But i always here "wow Denver". Denver is on the same 1 and done curve as with Melo.

NuggetsFan
01-28-2014, 09:00 AM
Can everyone explain to me the enormous success Denver is having post Melo? When does it begin? Denver doesn't even remotely look like it's on a curve toward being elite.

I get the Knicks aren't that good. But i always here "wow Denver". Denver is on the same 1 and done curve as with Melo.

Denver might not be anything special but they have tons of pieces, picks, potential cap flexibility and everybody is either in there primes, or about to begin it. Lawson looking like an All-Star at what, like ten mill a season? Danilo is the only negative about this team and it's not like he won't potentially be valuable in a year.

We were always tied down with Melo, to Melo. Tried to pair him up with Iverson, Billups etc. but wasn't much flexibility. Won 57 games last year, rebuilding year this year after removing the entire FO/head coach and still might make the playoffs. They control there future, what they do with it is yet to be seen but there in the drivers seat :confusedshrug:

Regardless in a much better position than NY due to the fact that Melo helped drive up the deal because he wanted his extension & NY with the uncertainty surrounding the new CBA. NY went all in for a team that can't make the playoffs in potentially the worst conference of all-time at the moment.

NuggetsFan
01-28-2014, 09:02 AM
And where do you hear wow Denver this season? Stop being a ****

NumberSix
01-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Famous last words before she ends up having to live in Oklahoma "City"

smoovegittar
01-28-2014, 09:31 AM
That's just one crowded urban park. NYC is not the city for people who love nature/the outdoors. You have all the trees you can muster 20 minutes away. I beg to differ...

niko
01-28-2014, 09:32 AM
And where do you hear wow Denver this season? Stop being a ****
All the time. Anytime the Knicks/Melo are mentioned it's "wow too bad they made the trade", look at everything Denver has. It's often.

Move somewhere you can get radio and tv signals i guess.

I love how butthurt everyone gets, you are calling me names. It's not my fault you are in endless rebuild. Nothing about Denver looks like it's going to jump a level and be elite at anytime. You looked great, then OKC crushed you, then you've been stepping back ever since. What you are saying about flexibility and pieces and moving forward is what Atlanta and Cleveland fans say every year, and your super GM who was taking you there bailed too.

Basically you can say "we traded Melo and got marginally better in the regular season". I'm in awe. You're better than NY. OOH AHH...so are most rec teams. If that was your goal congrats..

smoovegittar
01-28-2014, 09:34 AM

yeah. Denver fans banking on picks. Bump this 2 years from now, please!

imdaman99
01-28-2014, 09:59 AM

Niko, I'd rather have Melo than NOT have him. But the Knicks are stinking (although entertaining) with him, and I know they will stink without him. Plus the TANK will be confirmed if he is gone. I'm not saying I will enjoy the tanking season, as much as I like Shump and Hardaway Jr, they are not gonna be averaging 25 pts if they are given the JR Smith green light. I am willing to start at scratch, I'm not saying it's easy to draft or get a star via free agency, someone comparable to Melo. But the Knicks sign Melo, WHO is the other guy that will put them over the top?

I know I'm not running the Knicks, but are you a fan of Dolan? What happened to Donnie Walsh?

niko
01-28-2014, 10:06 AM
Niko, I'd rather have Melo than NOT have him. But the Knicks are stinking (although entertaining) with him, and I know they will stink without him. Plus the TANK will be confirmed if he is gone. I'm not saying I will enjoy the tanking season, as much as I like Shump and Hardaway Jr, they are not gonna be averaging 25 pts if they are given the JR Smith green light. I am willing to start at scratch, I'm not saying it's easy to draft or get a star via free agency, someone comparable to Melo. But the Knicks sign Melo, WHO is the other guy that will put them over the top?

I know I'm not running the Knicks, but are you a fan of Dolan? What happened to Donnie Walsh?
No, I'm not a fan of Dolan which is why i think how I do. You want to get rid of Melo and drop the search for ONE star to complement him, in order to give Dolan and his cronies the chance to find multiple stars. How exactly does that make sense? You are chiding me for saying I'd rather look for one piece and you want to start over and ask them to do more. That makes no sense.

miggyme1
01-28-2014, 10:32 AM
all the knicks need is a pg like rondo and they will be good. without a great pg its basically melos team and when its melos team its a shot jackin team. u saw how good melo was with Jason kidd...u saw how good he was with Chauncey billups....get melo a great pg and watch the knicks be back at the top

bluechox2
01-28-2014, 10:37 AM
just wait till next year when amare's, bargs' tysons' contract become huge assets just waiting to get traded...some of yall are waiting till '15 offseason....but wait till the '14-'15 season trade deadline when teams are looking to dump contracts...

imdaman99
01-28-2014, 10:40 AM
No, I'm not a fan of Dolan which is why i think how I do. You want to get rid of Melo and drop the search for ONE star to complement him, in order to give Dolan and his cronies the chance to find multiple stars. How exactly does that make sense? You are chiding me for saying I'd rather look for one piece and you want to start over and ask them to do more. That makes no sense.
What I'm saying is that, I want someone who has a clue at GM. Not someone that will say yes sir all day to Dolan. Walsh didn't even want to trade for Melo, but his hand was forced. I'm not saying I didn't want Melo, I definitely did. I don't want to jettison Melo but I have my doubts whether he can stick around and be the main guy that gets the Knicks a championship. He is not young anymore either. I see Durant taking over the league, and I know they are different kind of players. 1 gets calls, and the other none. But I want a shot at someone that WILL play well with others. Not expecting Bron or a Durant. A 2nd star would be great, but WHO? Melo is going to get a LOT of money, maybe 1/3 the whole team.

wang4three
01-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Denver is an amazing place. What's so hard about living there? I'm guessing LaLa is not outdoorsy.

grantz
01-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Denvers a really underrated city

Denver would be right below LA/NY for me in places to live and work. Great paying jobs, lots of tech companies, great school system etc.

It probably doesn't have the crazy lifestyle LA/NY can give you but who knows what goes in the mind of a NBA wife. She probably cares more about what clubs she can hang out in and who she's seen with than how good a city is.

HOoopCityJones
01-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Melo is gonna stay in NY and never win a Ring.

longtime lurker
01-28-2014, 04:54 PM
If the Knicks resign Melo they absolutely can't throw the max at him or else there's no hope in building a contender around him. Melo needs a deep supporting cast around him similar to what the Suns have going on. Knicks should offer him the type of max that Chris Paul got that starts @ 18 million a season.

T_L_P
01-28-2014, 05:00 PM
She didn't like living in Denver. People need to not be butthurt about it. I know a ton of people who NY and the size is just abhorent to them. I don't want to live in Denver. Does that mean Denver sucks?

She doesn't like Denver so she must be a bitch and Melo should divorce her. Are you ****ing serious? That doesn't sound stupid to you?

It's not that she didn't like Denver, it's that she talked about it as if it were some 3rd world country :facepalm

"If I can live in Denver I can live anywhere".

Toss that bitch to the side, Melo.

boozehound
01-28-2014, 05:06 PM
what a dumb ****ing **** this woman is.

oarabbus
01-28-2014, 05:08 PM
It's not that she didn't like Denver, it's that she talked about it as if it were some 3rd world country :facepalm

"If I can live in Denver I can live anywhere".

Toss that bitch to the side, Melo.

This. WTF is wrong with this bitch

215Philly
01-28-2014, 05:21 PM
LaLa with dat ether :bowdown: Best wife :bowdown:

Hizack
07-12-2014, 04:53 PM
La La is right.