PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love to Suns?

netsfan549
01-27-2014, 08:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-emeka-okafor-is-key-trade-asset-for-suns-233443139.html

I was reading this article how Okafor will be a huge key trade for suns. How about Okafor and 2 2014 draft picks for Love?

KyrieTheFuture
01-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Not gonna get much better than 2 2014 picks. They're both lottery right?

Meticode
01-27-2014, 08:27 PM
If I was Minnesota I would look into this trade or trading Love. It just seems like he's going to leave. It's just the nature of the NBA now.

It makes you wonder what would've happened in the NBA if LeBron resigned with Miami. How the East would look now? Would players be making high stacked teams with low-end budget players?

JimmyMcAdocious
01-27-2014, 08:32 PM
For 2014: Looks like they have their pick, Pacers (top 14 protected to 2019), Wolves (top 13 protected this year), and the Wizards' (top 12 protected this year).

Also have 3 second picks? The ****.
http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Suns.htm

So low lottery at the absolute best, unless their season implodes (their pick).

steve
01-27-2014, 08:33 PM
Not gonna get much better than 2 2014 picks. They're both lottery right?

The Suns potentially have 4 draft picks in the upcoming lottery (although the likely scenario has it only being 3) but there's a good chance that none of them would be in the lottery. They have their own pick (which certainly wouldn't be a lottery pick if they acquired Love), the Wizards pick (which is top 12 protected but it looks like the Wizards will make the playoffs in the East), hilariously the Wolves pick (which is top 13 protected, which they could trade back to them and not have to worry about it ever going to the Suns), and the Pacers pick (which is top 14 protected but unless Indiana deactivates their entire roster is allowed to use the roster of IUPUI instead, isn't going to be in the lottery). Still, the Wolves might not get a better deal than two later draft picks for Love since the teams that will be really interested in Love are teams that are pushing for the playoffs. If they do become serious about trading Love leading up to the deadline, the Suns are probably best option.

buddha
01-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Kevin Love would be great for the Suns. Would make them one of the top 5 teams in the west in my opinion.

Sarcastic
01-27-2014, 08:43 PM
If I was Minnesota I would look into this trade or trading Love. It just seems like he's going to leave. It's just the nature of the NBA now.

It makes you wonder what would've happened in the NBA if LeBron resigned with Miami. How the East would look now? Would players be making high stacked teams with low-end budget players?

Players have always left their teams. Kareem left the Bucks back in the 1970s. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it either, just like there is absolutely nothing wrong if a team decides to trade a player.

Fire Colangelo
01-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Love is worth only a few low end lottery draft picks?

If I'm the wolves I'm exploring a trade for griffin/LMA, or maybe work out a deal with the celtics for their picks that they've amassed.

Meticode
01-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Players have always left their teams. Kareem left the Bucks back in the 1970s. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it either, just like there is absolutely nothing wrong if a team decides to trade a player.
I'm not saying it's never happened. I feel it happens now more than ever.

AnaheimLakers24
01-27-2014, 08:49 PM
hed leave after his contract is up. no one likes playing in hot ass Phoenix. but ya suns should do it just to show how retarded they are

bagelred
01-27-2014, 08:59 PM
If I'm Minny, I offer Love for Anthony Bennett. I mean, the #1 overall selection in the draft, on his rookie scale contract for the next 4 years? Will Cleveland do it? You gotta make the offer and find out...

Minnesota HAS to do that. Win, win for both teams.....

AnaheimLakers24
01-27-2014, 09:00 PM
If I'm Minny, I offer Love for Anthony Bennett. I mean, the #1 overall selection in the draft, on his rookie scale contract for the next 4 years? Will Cleveland do it? You gotta make the offer and find out...

Minnesota HAS to do that. Win, win for both teams.....
ya win win except love leaves cleveland after contract

Milbuck
01-27-2014, 09:01 PM
hed leave after his contract is up. no one likes playing in hot ass Phoenix. but ya suns should do it just to show how retarded they are
If the Suns get Love they're contenders next season. They need that closer, that clear cut #1 option. They're the 7th seed right now, with a rookie (but still fantastic) coach, a bunch of young players, and in their first year together. They're only going to get better, I could see them reasonably getting the 5th seed next season without Love. With him they're contenders.

The JKidd Kid
01-27-2014, 09:05 PM
It would have to be Okafor, 3 firsts or 2 firsts and Len.

highwhey
01-27-2014, 09:20 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y_ODcECzxGQ/T4sMKffGa8I/AAAAAAAAA88/LnQ8Dvynqbg/s1600/michael-scott-no.gif

Not interested in players that can't play defense

steve
01-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Love is worth only a few low end lottery draft picks?

If I'm the wolves I'm exploring a trade for griffin/LMA, or maybe work out a deal with the celtics for their picks that they've amassed.

1. Neither the Clippers nor the Blazers have shown any interest in making that deal and probably never will considering how highly they value Griffin/Aldridge.

2. The draft picks that the Celtics have amassed really aren't any better than the Suns collection of picks this year. The one that could be good (although is devaluing by the day, it seems) is the Nets pick this season but the Hawks have the option to swap that pick (or another down the road if this one doesn't work out but I forgot which one exactly). And the only way the Celtics give up their own pick is if it looks like they might have a shot of making the playoffs this year (therefore taking that pick out of the lottery).

Plus the Suns have actual players with value, something the Celtics don't have. If the Wolves look like they might make not make the playoffs and really do fear that Love is going to bolt after next season (and it's a really high likelihood if they're out of the playoffs this season), then trading Love for two of the first rounders and Len is definitely something that could go down.

wagexslave
01-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Archie Goodwin could help sweeten the deal for the Wolves... the kid is young and looks like he's going to be VERY good some day. When he's on the court he already makes an impact and he's only 19 and his game is definitely not fully developed, neither is his body.

wally_world
01-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Would the Suns be willing to give up Len or either/both of the Morris twins? There'll be a huge logjam in the frontcourt if we do land Love. Frye seems to be in for the long run. Plumlee has been amazing and will continue starting being such a great fit with Love. The Morris twins are so well loved in Phoenix, and it almost seems like you have to keep them both to get the best outta them.

IncarceratedBob
01-27-2014, 11:58 PM
Imagine how much more Suns fans would hate the Lakers

First the Lakers take and ruin the only great player the Suns had

and now Love will leave for LA next year

blackification
01-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Imagine how much more Suns fans would hate the Lakers

First the Lakers take and ruin the only great player the Suns had

and now Love will leave for LA next year
i didn't know Barkley never existed or played for LA and I think looking back at the nash trade no one is complaining on the suns side

El Kabong
01-28-2014, 12:07 AM
Love lives in LA in the off-season, so i'm sure he'd prefer the heat of Phoenix to the cold of Minnesota.

bluechox2
01-28-2014, 12:10 AM
we'll give u bargs AND amare...insane deal...2 for 1

ProfessorMurder
01-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Plus the Suns have actual players with value, something the Celtics don't have.

LOLWUT?

Rondo, Green, Bass, Sully, Bradley, have a lot of value.

Their pick is worth more because they are a worse team.

They have a Hump who has value and is expiring, Bayless who has value and is expiring, and Bogans who is not guaranteed next year which is essentially expiring.

bluechox2
01-28-2014, 12:17 AM
only payers suns have of value are the backcourt mates...and they arent up for sale...front court guys are good bench players at best

Akrazotile
01-28-2014, 12:19 AM
Threads about Love's trade value tend to expose how overrated he is amongst general fans.

He's really not that big of a difference maker.

Fire Colangelo
01-28-2014, 12:33 AM
1. Neither the Clippers nor the Blazers have shown any interest in making that deal and probably never will considering how highly they value Griffin/Aldridge.

2. The draft picks that the Celtics have amassed really aren't any better than the Suns collection of picks this year. The one that could be good (although is devaluing by the day, it seems) is the Nets pick this season but the Hawks have the option to swap that pick (or another down the road if this one doesn't work out but I forgot which one exactly). And the only way the Celtics give up their own pick is if it looks like they might have a shot of making the playoffs this year (therefore taking that pick out of the lottery).

Plus the Suns have actual players with value, something the Celtics don't have. If the Wolves look like they might make not make the playoffs and really do fear that Love is going to bolt after next season (and it's a really high likelihood if they're out of the playoffs this season), then trading Love for two of the first rounders and Len is definitely something that could go down.

You're right about Griffin and LMA, I wasn't thinking of trading Love for them straight up, I was actually thinking of Love + future pick maybe. Do you think Warriors would trade David Lee + Barnes/future pick for Love?

I disagree with the Suns having better picks/players than the Celtics. The Suns will make the playoffs after acquiring Love, and the Pacers will naturally get a high pick. This leaves the Wizards pick which is probably not even in the lottery. Celtics own the Nets 2016 and 2018 first round picks if I'm not mistaken and those are very valuable, much more valuable than any picks the Suns have. Celtics also have Rondo, Green, Sully, Bradley, who are worth way more than Alex Len, or anybody the suns have not named Dragic and Bledsoe.

Kevin Love + Corey Brewer for Jeff Green + Hump + 2016 or 2018 nets pick, who says no?

ProfessorMurder
01-28-2014, 12:43 AM
You're right about Griffin and LMA, I wasn't thinking of trading Love for them straight up, I was actually thinking of Love + future pick maybe. Do you think Warriors would trade David Lee + Barnes/future pick for Love?

I disagree with the Suns having better picks/players than the Celtics. The Suns will make the playoffs after acquiring Love, and the Pacers will naturally get a high pick. This leaves the Wizards pick which is probably not even in the lottery. Celtics own the Nets 2016 and 2018 first round picks if I'm not mistaken and those are very valuable, much more valuable than any picks the Suns have. Celtics also have Rondo, Green, Sully, Bradley, who are worth way more than Alex Len, or anybody the suns have not named Dragic and Bledsoe.

Kevin Love + Corey Brewer for Jeff Green + Hump + 2016 or 2018 nets pick, who says no?

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

bdreason
01-28-2014, 12:46 AM
How much is a team going to be willing to give up to get Love without him signing an extension. I'm not giving up two 2014 first round picks to rent Love for a year.

killakaronic
01-28-2014, 01:08 AM
Wow you guys are all a bunch of damned morons. Admin, you can close this one down now.

PejaNowitzki
01-28-2014, 01:31 AM
Love would be the perfect piece for that Suns team.

C-Plumlee
PF-Love
SF-Tucker
SG-Eric Bledsoe
PG-Goran Dragic

Along with their deep bench, that's a 50 win team right there.

Run&Gun=Fun
01-28-2014, 02:11 AM
The suns have the lakers' pick next year as well don't forget. This could be the best of the lot looking at that roster, it is top 5 protected I believe.

Love would be nice, but as a suns fan I'm not real keen on trading any of the current playing group (including Len and Goodwin).

I also want the suns to steal Harrison Barnes. His game would be just what the suns need and he's not getting the burn he should be in warrior land.

wally_world
01-28-2014, 03:00 AM
Don't forget Okafor is more than just an expirer. His contract is heavily insured, so you're essentially shaving salary off once you trade for him.

wally_world
01-28-2014, 03:04 AM
The suns have the lakers' pick next year as well don't forget. This could be the best of the lot looking at that roster, it is top 5 protected I believe.

Love would be nice, but as a suns fan I'm not real keen on trading any of the current playing group (including Len and Goodwin).

I also want the suns to steal Harrison Barnes. His game would be just what the suns need and he's not getting the burn he should be in warrior land.

Barnes will be so good on the Suns. But sadly there isn't much we can offer GSW at this point. They should be in win-now mode. Our best shot is probably next season's trade deadline, or the 2015 offseason as they prepare to pay Klay. Could be a Harden like trade, giving the Laker's 1st rounder and a couple of pieces.

Dragic
Bledsoe
Barnes
Love
Plumlee

:pimp:

Im Still Ballin
01-28-2014, 03:12 AM
That lineup is 3rd-6th seed worthy

B-Easy8
01-28-2014, 03:14 AM
If we trade Love we will have to get Dragic back.

Dragic and Len for Love and Barea.

Fiasco
01-28-2014, 03:18 AM
You're not going to get anything significant for a guy waiting to hit FA, even if he is one of the best players in the game.

wagexslave
01-28-2014, 03:46 AM

We wouldn't be trading for Love if we were going to trade Dragic. Trade Dragic for Love and I'm not even sure the Suns make the playoffs, even with Love. Who knows when Bledsoe is going to be back and Leandro Barbosa and JJ Barea are good backup PGs but not good enough at PG to lead the team to the playoffs as a starting PG. We can't give up Dragic. I'd give up Bledsoe before Dragic, and I don't even think I'd give up Bledsoe for Love unless Love was ready and willing to sign a long-term contract extension with the team day 1.

I do really want Love on the team... I'm just not willing to give up anything too significant unless he's willing to be committed to the team.

waseem780
01-28-2014, 04:05 AM

What would happen to Rubio with Dragic there?

Best trade scenario for Suns and Wolves would be
Love/filler for Goodwin + Len + 1st rounders
I still don't think the wolves would do that trade if they know Love will re-sign with them.
If the Suns know Love won't resign with them then they don't accept so..

Inferno
01-28-2014, 04:06 AM
Would Love even stay after the summer though?

Run&Gun=Fun
01-28-2014, 05:28 AM
The suns don't need to do anything crazy.
I can't believe what they have managed to do on the space of 12 months.
Look at some of these deals

Nash for - essentially Goodwin and the pick which barring lakers getting a huge FA should be a good one.

Scola for - Plumlee, green, first rounder. Are you kidding me?

Dudley for - Bledsoe. You're joking right?

2nd rounder for - Marcus Morris. Too easy.

Axe Beasley - no brained.

Gortat for - cap space 1st rounder

Sign Dragic for pretty low money based on his play.

It's turned a team facing the doldrums for many years into an exciting prospect.

Okafur comes off the books and the rest of these guys are basically on peanuts. They would have the money to sign anyone this offseason if they want to come.

Including love. They won't contend this season so why rush things and waste resources?

FOYE4MVP
01-28-2014, 06:08 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y_ODcECzxGQ/T4sMKffGa8I/AAAAAAAAA88/LnQ8Dvynqbg/s1600/michael-scott-no.gif

Not interested in players that can't play defense
Im pretty sure if the Suns were sucking you would want Love. Yeah?

B-Easy8
01-28-2014, 07:11 AM
The Suns are doing great don't get me wrong but the end goal is to win a championship.

Unless Len turns into a superstar I don't see the Suns doing that so they should make a trade.

highwhey
01-28-2014, 01:00 PM
Im pretty sure if the Suns were sucking you would want Love. Yeah?
He's a terrible defender, will never win a title unless he improves. Doesn't make his teammates better and makes very little impact on a game. 38% of his total rebounds are contested, not impressed

wagexslave
01-28-2014, 01:05 PM
He's a terrible defender, will never win a title unless he improves. Doesn't make his teammates better and makes very little impact on a game. 38% of his total rebounds are contested, not impressed
Can't be anywhere near as bad as Channing Frye.

RightToCensor
01-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Love's defense can be hidden by Plumlee's weak side shot blocking.

highwhey
01-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Can't be anywhere near as bad as Channing Frye.
Love is supposed to be the franchise player. It bothers me that he can score and grab boards like an elite player but he puts no effort into defense. He would be in the same ballpark as lebron and durant if he became a good defender. We already went through the mike dantoni era, high offense didn't get us anywhere.

We need that wing defender and inside defender to make it all the way. Plumlee is good but can he develop into a tyson chandler?

highwhey
01-28-2014, 01:32 PM
I will say this though, love is the best player we can acquire in exchange for okafor and picks. If it were to happen, plumlee would need to be the starting center because he's the best rim protector we have. No more of that small ball crap that hornacek loves. It would have to be a permanent love/plumlee frontcourt.

We would still be another player short of winning it all though, I'm thinking an elite wing defender.

Btw, I know I'm being picky but realize that the last couple of years no team (except lebrons) has made the finals without a defensive anchor in the paint. Think about that.

chips93
01-28-2014, 01:41 PM
isnt robert sarver, phoenix's owner, known as one of the cheapest owners in the league?

couldnt he just hang onto emeka's contract, so he can save the insurance money himself, rather than trading it away, and taking on more contracts?

wagexslave
01-28-2014, 02:53 PM
isnt robert sarver, phoenix's owner, known as one of the cheapest owners in the league?

couldnt he just hang onto emeka's contract, so he can save the insurance money himself, rather than trading it away, and taking on more contracts?
He is extremely cheap. I met him and actually had a pretty long conversation with him. Dude came up to me trying to sell ME of all people $2k+ season tickets. Trust me, I don't look like a person that has deep wallets.

Trust me, the dude DESPERATELY wants to fill the seats. He misses the arena being packed and being able to sell the tickets at a higher price because of high demand the way it was in the prime Nash era. So he's going to have to spend some cash to do that. Dragic(and Bledsoe when he returns) throwing lobs to Kevin Love and Gerald Green would definitely fill the arena. Would be an exciting team to watch. Love is an extremely marketable player who can bring some extra national media attention to the team.

highwhey
01-28-2014, 02:58 PM
He is extremely cheap. I met him and actually had a pretty long conversation with him. Dude came up to me trying to sell ME of all people $2k+ season tickets. Trust me, I don't look like a person that has deep wallets.

Trust me, the dude DESPERATELY wants to fill the seats. He misses the arena being packed and being able to sell the tickets at a higher price because of high demand the way it was in the prime Nash era. So he's going to have to spend some cash to do that. Dragic(and Bledsoe when he returns) throwing lobs to Kevin Love and Gerald Green would definitely fill the arena. Would be an exciting team to watch. Love is an extremely marketable player who can bring some extra national media attention to the team.
Man I would have asked for a job if I had met him :oldlol:

He works downtown doesn't he?

AbeVigodaLive
01-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Love's defense can be hidden by Plumlee's weak side shot blocking.

Chicago has had a pretty solid defense with Boozer for chrissakes. And they're currently second in defensive rating with Boozer and Dunleavy getting heavy minutes.

In today's NBA, you need guys willing to be in the right places and the right time more than anything else... especially if you have somebody (doesn't have to be your 24 ppg PF) to protect the rim.

Love has made strides as a defender this season. He rebounds well. And at least he's competing more often instead of begging for calls on the other end of the court. He's also discovered how to slide in and take charges. He can't protect the rim... but he's not quite as atrocious as some want to believe.

AbeVigodaLive
01-28-2014, 03:57 PM
As far as a trade for draft picks, especially low lottery draft picks... it's important to understand the Wolves situation.

They haven't won more than 33 games in 9 seasons. The team has never won more than 31 games without Kevin Garnett. A decade-long rebuilding project was FINALLY supposed to result in a low-seeded playoff berth this season.

The fans had all of about 2 months to relish pseudo-relevancy. And now you expect an increasingly apathetic fanbase to ditch the franchise's 2nd best player and legitimate All Star for two 2nd-tier prospects?

From a PR standpoint alone... it can't happen. The team would be better served to make Love the villain and let him walk for nothing than do a deal where they don't get even one top-tier player or prospect back.

wagexslave
01-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Man I would have asked for a job if I had met him :oldlol:

He works downtown doesn't he?
Idk. I met him at a "We Want You Back" event before the season started that I got invited to for buying a hefty priced pair of tickets to the game against the Warriors on Dec 15th. Basically it was a free invite-only event held ON the Suns court where there was maybe 100ish fans who bought tickets and there was gourmet chefs making bomb ass food.

Sarver was there as well as coach Hornacek, Goran Dragic, Kendall Marshall, and Marcin Gortat. Hornacek and Dragic were up on stage talking about the upcoming season and answering questions. Dragic and Marshall went around talking with to fans and signing autographs as Suns staff including Sarver walked around trying to sell people on the idea of having season tickets.

Anyone who signed up for season tickets that night was allowed to have a shoot-around with Marcin Gortat. I didn't get season tickets but he shot around with me anyways after all of the season ticket buyers were done. He was a pretty funny dude. Not as tall as I expected, but then again I'm 6'5" so it's rare to see people taller than me to begin with. My 9 year old nephew had a shoot around with Sarver who was getting drunk. The kid made back-to-back 3 pointers on the actual NBA court with Sarver passing him the ball. I swear the kid is a natural sharpshooter and athlete... he belongs on the court some day. Dem mixed black/white genes are too good. lol And he got all kinds of pictures in with the half-naked sexy as f*** NBA dancers hanging all over him with their titties in his face and what not. I was pretty jealous haha

It was a pretty cool event, especially considering the whole night didn't cost me a penny. :cheers: Gortat and Marshall were traded less than a week later lulz