PDA

View Full Version : 2009 all over again?

leMVP
01-28-2014, 07:26 AM
Kobe VS Lebron, Lebron was the best player in that season, everyone hyped the match up in the finals, it didn't happen, Kobe walked away with the NBA title and FMVP, Lebron ended with MVP.

Kobe won their match up in the regular season, But Lebron's team finished with the best record.

Now in 2014, Lebron VS Durant, Durant is the best player this season, everyone is hyping the match up between the two in the finals, It may happen.

Do you think we're going to see the same storyline as 2008-2009 season?

it's going to be a blow for the new KD stans for sure, just like it was back then for Lebron fans? or KD will write his own history?

Only difference i think: KD has Westbrook, Lebron Had Mo williams.

knicksman
01-28-2014, 07:29 AM
only betas believe in superstition

Angel Face
01-28-2014, 07:31 AM
no, we're in the year 2014

knicksman
01-28-2014, 07:33 AM
just accept it lebron stans. durant is on another level than jordan so hes gonna start winning soon and it might be this year. Your reign is over so troll while you can.

moe94
01-28-2014, 07:33 AM
Kobe wasn't coasting, though. Kobe's too much of a warrior with a heart of a champion to ever coast. His killer instinct would never allow such a thing to happen. You see, his killer instinct was of the arcade variety, which is much superior to the killer instinct displayed by LeBron, which is more the console version, which allows the latter to coast.

I'm simply not feeling this comparison.
my post is pure sarcasm, in case you were wondering

kurple
01-28-2014, 07:35 AM
nuggets were the best team in the league in 09

and in '10 before Karl got cancer

Im Still Ballin
01-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Hell yes its 2009 over again.

Miami is cruising to that championship riding that rollercoaster that is Lebron James. While KD wears himself out before the playoffs his sweet sweet stroke wont be so sweet in the playoffs when defenses tighten up and his legs get tired, cue memphis series from last year nomsayin.

It's Lebron's theme park we call the NBA not KD's

#RollercoasterJames

All Net
01-28-2014, 08:12 AM
I can see pacers spoiling this plan..

Im Still Ballin
01-28-2014, 08:13 AM
I can see Roy Hibbert getting man-handled by The Glass statue that is Greg Oden

moe94
01-28-2014, 08:14 AM
I can see pacers spoiling this plan..

Not when Oden gets unleashed. :rockon:

Im Still Ballin
01-28-2014, 08:20 AM
All Oden has to do is contest, Hibbert isn't exactly Hakeem but when you have Bosh and Joel Anthony defending him his stats might make him seem so

HylianNightmare
01-28-2014, 09:28 AM
No

K Xerxes
01-28-2014, 10:06 AM
just accept it lebron stans. durant is on another level than jordan so hes gonna start winning soon and it might be this year. Your reign is over so troll while you can.

What?

Angel Face
01-28-2014, 10:16 AM

Woah! take it easy right there, I know your caught in the moment. Durant is good but this is blasphemy.

sportjames23
01-28-2014, 10:16 AM

:biggums:

Crafty
01-28-2014, 10:23 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img716/1976/miw.gif

SexSymbol
01-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Kobe VS Lebron, Lebron was the best player in that season, everyone hyped the match up in the finals, it didn't happen, Kobe walked away with the NBA title and FMVP, Lebron ended with MVP.

Kobe won their match up in the regular season, But Lebron's team finished with the best record.

Now in 2014, Lebron VS Durant, Durant is the best player this season, everyone is hyping the match up between the two in the finals, It may happen.

Do you think we're going to see the same storyline as 2008-2009 season?

it's going to be a blow for the new KD stans for sure, just like it was back then for Lebron fans? or KD will write his own history?

Only difference i think: KD has Westbrook, Lebron Had Mo williams.
I hope you mean regular season :biggums:

pauk
01-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Nope, Kobe by that time was not the back-to-back MVP/FMVP/Champion who even killed Lebrons squad in the Finals....

This is more something like Barkley/Jordan in 1993 or better yet Malone/Jordan 1997...... or even an extreme case like Magic/Bird & Jordan in the 80s.... Jordan was averaging like 10-17 more ppg than those guys and was still not regarded as the best as Magic/Bird were spamming FMVPs/Championships....

moe94
01-28-2014, 10:30 AM
I hope you mean regular season :biggums:

His playoff numbers obliterate Kobe's numbers.

SexSymbol
01-28-2014, 10:56 AM
His playoff numbers obliterate Kobe's numbers.
His play-off losses obliterate Kobe's amount of losses too. This game is not about numbers, how much of a casual fan can you be

All Net
01-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Not when Oden gets unleashed. :rockon:

Baby steps, Oden has a long way to go to even stay on the floor to last with Hibbert.

moe94
01-28-2014, 11:06 AM
His play-off losses obliterate Kobe's amount of losses too. This game is not about numbers, how much of a casual fan can you be

Apparently enough to be able to distinguish between individual and team exploits.

Fire Colangelo
01-28-2014, 11:13 AM
who's 09 wade this year?

SexSymbol
01-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Apparently enough to be able to distinguish between individual and team exploits.
And in what world Kobe's exploits weren't amazing? He averaged like 34/7/7 in the finals against a team that had beaten LeBron's Cavs in the same playoffs.
Also had great series against Denver, which was the most stacked team that year, a lot of people had them in the finals pre-season. Kobe was definitely the best player in 09 and 10.

moe94
01-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Kobe was definitely the best player in 09 and 10.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I never maintained that then and I certainly don't now. :cheers:

Fire Colangelo
01-28-2014, 11:19 AM
And in what world Kobe's exploits weren't amazing? He averaged like 34/7/7 in the finals against a team that had beaten LeBron's Cavs in the same playoffs.
Also had great series against Denver, which was the most stacked team that year, a lot of people had them in the finals pre-season. Kobe was definitely the best player in 09 and 10.

Which comes back to the Garnett injury, Orlando overachieved that year and got hot against the cavs for a series, they had no business being in the finals tbh. Had the Celtics remained healthy they would've repeated.

But LeBron had a great series against Orlando too, his teammate just sucked ass.

riseagainst
01-28-2014, 11:19 AM
who's 09 wade this year?

can't really think of a superstar that's not on a stacked team.

D-Rose
01-28-2014, 11:22 AM
People are so damn short sighted when it comes to MVP discussions. Give me LBJ per anybody to win me a game. Very happy for KD though.

SexSymbol
01-28-2014, 11:22 AM
can't really think of a superstar that's not on a stacked team.
inb4 kevin love

SexSymbol
01-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Which comes back to the Garnett injury, Orlando overachieved that year and got hot against the cavs for a series, they had no business being in the finals tbh. Had the Celtics remained healthy they would've repeated.

But LeBron had a great series against Orlando too, his teammate just sucked ass.
Well maybe they sucked ass because he was trying to do everything? I mean if one player is scoring 38 against a defensive minded team, that means the rest of the team should get 55-65 points. Spread that out through the whole rotation and you get the second/third option averaging 15 and 12. They performed as much as LeBron let them perform. I don't knock LeBron for this, I mean, he was hot, but he stopped the ball movement way too much. And one thing you can knock him for is his defense in that series, which was trully pathetic, probably his career's low on that side.

"Had the Celtics remained healthy they would've repeated" If the 2013 lakers were healthy they're probably in the finals. I still don't understand what does that change, they weren't healthy, and they had too much great teams to overcome, including the highly motivated Lakers at the final stage

Wally450
01-28-2014, 11:39 AM
So what big player in the West gets hurt for the season ala Kevin Garnett and loses to a Dwight Howard led team that gets hot from 3 in the playoffs and makes the Finals?

SexSymbol
01-28-2014, 11:50 AM
So what big player in the West gets hurt for the season ala Kevin Garnett and loses to a Dwight Howard led team that gets hot from 3 in the playoffs and makes the Finals?
inb4 westbrook tears acl again.

ArbitraryWater
01-28-2014, 12:20 PM

:roll: :hammerhead:

Milbuck
01-28-2014, 01:05 PM
stop

GOATbe
01-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Don't see why people are getting worked up over this. He's right :confusedshrug:

ihoopallday
01-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Don't see why people are getting worked up over this. He's right :confusedshrug:

:facepalm

AlphaWolf24
01-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Nope, Kobe by that time was not the back-to-back MVP/FMVP/Champion who even killed Lebrons squad in the Finals....

This is more something like Barkley/Jordan in 1993 or better yet Malone/Jordan 1997...... or even an extreme case like Magic/Bird & Jordan in the 80s.... Jordan was averaging like 10-17 more ppg than those guys and was still not regarded as the best as Magic/Bird were spamming FMVPs/Championships....

It does seem like alot like 09'...

Kobe was already recognized as the best player in the NBA....to go along with 3X NBA Champion

He was coming off one of his best seasons, and multiple seasons of offensive dominance not seen since the Wilt Chamberlain era.

- MJ's reference doesn't make alot of sense....the Bull's were not championship contenders when Bird and Magic were winning. MJ had no where near the teammates Lebron has.

Durant has a championship caliber team and is clearly playing at a level well above Lebron. ( while OKC is a good team .....Miami still has the most stacked team in the league)

chazzy
01-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Yeah it is like 09 and 10. Lebron surpassed Kobe statistically and was considered better than Kobe, despite not winning any titles and Kobe being the reigning MVP/winning back to back. There was some Kobe chatter after Lebrons weak showing in 2010 though

AlphaWolf24
01-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Yeah it is like 09 and 10. Lebron surpassed Kobe statistically and was considered better than Kobe, despite not winning any titles and Kobe being the reigning MVP/winning back to back. There was some Kobe chatter after Lebrons weak showing in 2010 though

WTF?...Kobe was still viewed as the top player in the L in 09' - 10'....

there was some Lebron Chatter.....all that disappeared in June...or was it May:lol .

HOoopCityJones
01-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Ni99as only made case for Lebron being better than Kobe after he won his first ring.

People can down play it all they want , but no real basketball fan or GM, Coach or Legend was saying Bron was better (aside from his media stans) until he teamed up with Wade and Bosh and won two straight.

It's actually the exact same situation as a few years ago.

Now this foo gets a taste of his own medicine, people calling some young upstart the man , when he's the one winning Ships in the post season.

Cold soul
01-28-2014, 06:03 PM

Please stop. :facepalm