PDA

View Full Version : Which 2-guard would you most want on your team?(best SG of all-time?)

TonyMontana
01-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Jerry West
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/34/34bba7b8967c64436b4b1fdabfeed5a3/jerry_west_discusses_his_decadeslong_battle_with_d epression.jpg
Player Profile
-Great scorer
-elite defender for position
-Best playmaker of the three
-Great rebounder

-Very good athlete
-High character
-very good mid range game
-Three point range unknown most likely not
-Extremely ball dominant
-lots of chokes in the playoffs yet it is unclear how much he was at fault

Michael Jordan
http://www.chicagomag.com/images/2010/0810/C201008-Top-40-Sports-Moments.jpg
Player Profile
-Great scorer, best in nba history.
-elite defender for position
-Best athlete of the 3
-Awful character and huge ego, could possibly clash with other stars
-Extremely ball dominant
-no three point range
-impact towards winning questionable as Chicago still won 55 games without him.
-Could retire at any moment because he thinks he is bigger than the game.

Ray Allen
http://sportsunbiased.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ray-allen-sonics-300.jpg
Player Profile
-Best shooter not just of the three, but NBA history
-Elite off ball capabilities, abilty to thrive in ANY lineup in NBA History
-High character
-Great scorer
-Worst defender of the three
-worst of the three at creating his own shot although he is capable.
-worst athlete of the three

These are the top 3 SGs in NBA History. Which one would you most want on your team? I will make my pick after the thread gets a few repilies, dont want everyone to copy me.

Boarder Patrol
01-28-2014, 03:09 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

LBJ stans getting desperate.

GOATbe
01-28-2014, 03:11 PM
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/killaplaya247/godbe_zps48b947d3.png

branslowski
I'd take Jordan...You should replace Allen with Rip Hamilton though.

riseagainst
in

b

sh1tstorm.

Bush4Ever
01-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Kobe is in the top 3, at the very worst.

I know you forgot him by accident, so I thought I would mention that.:D

NumberSix
01-28-2014, 03:14 PM
D.Wade

TonyMontana
01-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Kobe is in the top 3, at the very worst.

I know you forgot him by accident, so I thought I would mention that.:D

Kobe is excluded for the same reason Reggie Miller is excluded.

He is basically Jordan, but worse in every single attribute(except three point shooting). Only a complete retard would pick Kobe when Jordan is also a choice. Just like only a complete retard would pick Reggie Miller if Ray Allen is a choice.

Kobe brings nothing unique to the table and that is the reason he isn't there.

LeBron 06
01-28-2014, 03:17 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302018

rhowen4
01-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Nice one, I haven't heard this one before

Bush4Ever
01-28-2014, 03:19 PM

He is basically Jordan, but worse in every single attribute(except three point shooting). Only a complete retard would pick Kobe when Jordan is also a choice. Just like only a complete retard would pick Reggie Miller if Ray Allen is a choice.

That was actually a pretty creative response. Well done.

Twiens
01-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Lance Stephenson

Milbuck
01-28-2014, 03:28 PM
OJ Mayo

Black and White
01-28-2014, 03:30 PM
DeShawn Stephenson :cheers:

CeilingFan#1
01-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Kevin Garnett

Pushxx
01-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Jerry West
-Extremely ball dominant

WTF? Those are so wrong.

-He averaged 7 assists per game lol.
-He was clutch as hell.
-He definitely had 3-PT range...

INDI
01-28-2014, 04:24 PM

I guess you can call me a retard then cause I'll take Miller over ray any day of the week. And twice on thursday!!!

Black and White
01-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Give me Jason Terry, he will help beat LeBron in the finals by outplaying him

annbafan
01-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Jordan

SHAQisGOAT
01-28-2014, 04:31 PM
Jerry West
Player Profile

Michael Jordan
Player Profile
-no three point range
-impact towards winning questionable as Chicago still won 55 games without him.

That alone is enough for a ban in my book, not mentioning Kobe trying to troll goes even way beyond it. (and Allen not even top5 lol)

INDI
01-28-2014, 04:31 PM

And what the heck is unique about west????

Kobe is a better scorer, defender, rebounder, the same clutchness, etc... West might have him in passing.

I agree with you that Kobe is a slightly poor man's Jordan but it doesn't give you the right to say who they want on their team. Some people like to play with or coach people that have good attitudes. Anyway there really is only 2 types of 2 guards that fit the description. 1 slashers 2. 3pt assassins. I just disagree with the limitation on who we would choose

riseagainst
01-28-2014, 04:34 PM
If Lebron's on my team, then I'll take Ray Allen to bail him out.

jzek
01-28-2014, 04:44 PM
I'd take Nick Young.

Prometheus
01-28-2014, 04:47 PM
although the answer might depend on who else is on the roster, in general this is a pretty retarded thread and a sad attempt to deny the fact that mj is by far the best 2 guard to ever play. it pretty much goes:

Jordan

Kobe

Wade
everyone else

this thread would be so much better if it were about any of the other positions. shooting guard is the only one that's so horrendously obvious that you only discredit yourself by doubting it

Marlo_Stanfield
01-28-2014, 04:58 PM
if i have another ball dominant player whos better than Jordan imma take West or Allen depending on if my team needs another playmaker(West) or a perfect Shooter(Allen).
If i dont have an even bigger talent like LeBron on my team imma take Jordan every single time expect when i have two star players already where one is ball dominant i might take Allen to prevent Jordan and the other stars killing each other:coleman:

ArbitraryWater
01-28-2014, 05:06 PM

Kobe is a better scorer, defender, rebounder, the same clutchness, etc... West might have him in passing.

I agree with you that Kobe is a slightly poor man's Jordan but it doesn't give you the right to say who they want on their team. Some people like to play with or coach people that have good attitudes. Anyway there really is only 2 types of 2 guards that fit the description. 1 slashers 2. 3pt assassins. I just disagree with the limitation on who we would choose

Kobe a better scorer and more clutch? :biggums:

Marlo_Stanfield
01-28-2014, 05:07 PM
kobetards:roll:
they think kobe is a better scorer than everyone even doe they have better career averages on higher percentages:biggums:

oarabbus
01-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Give me Jerry "Mr. Clutch" "The Logo" West

tragicbronson
01-28-2014, 05:26 PM
I want Manu

knicksman
01-28-2014, 05:45 PM
lebron=wilts long lost son

TonyMontana
01-28-2014, 08:52 PM
WTF? Those are so wrong.

-He averaged 7 assists per game lol.
-He was clutch as hell.
-He definitely had 3-PT range...

-If anything having a high number of assists implies one is ball dominant. Point guards, star swingman...these are the guys who put up big assists and they are also the ones who have the ball in their hands all of the time. If you have too many ball dominant players on the roster the talent goes to waste. Only one ball

-Choking as in losing in the Finals almost every year.

-No three point range that I saw. All of his FG attempts are mid range shots or at the rim.

Jerry West is a combo guard, great athlete, great defender, great scorer, best playmaker. What sets him apart from the others is more or less his ability to thrive as a point guard and he is the best of all three at getting others involved.

Allen is the off-ball shooter that fits on any single team.

And Jordan is the superstar who has the most talent, but also comes with the attitude and highest chance of butting heads with other stars on the roster. Poor spacing as well.

Kobe is irrelevant in this discussion. I am looking for serious basketball discussion and someone that would pick a shittier version of Jordan over actual Jordan is simply an uneducated dickrider.

talkingconch
01-28-2014, 09:49 PM

No one is picking Ray allen or West over Kobe. Retard

AnaheimLakers24
01-28-2014, 09:52 PM
earl boykins

bizil
01-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Of course its MJ! The question frankly should leave out MJ, Kobe, West, and Wade. Most have them as the 4 GOAT SG's. So excluding those guys, I would take T-Mac. Peak value wise, the only SG's I would take over hime are MJ and Kobe. Due to injuries and longevity, he doesn't stack up to the Big 4 GOAT SG's. But with 7 all NBA teams, 7 All Star games, scoring titles, and over 18,000 points, I think T-Mac has a shot at the HOF down the road. Maybe not first ballot, but somewhere down the road. U never saw a 6'8 SG EVER with his blend of great scoring (which included an epic scoring skillset), passing, and athletic abiilty. It was damn near the closest thing to combining George Gervin with Penny Hardaway.

JohnFreeman
01-28-2014, 10:24 PM
Wade

indiefan24
01-28-2014, 10:32 PM
Kobe Bryant is the greatest player ever.

I knew it...

INDI
01-29-2014, 01:56 PM

If you think a 6'2 unathletic (compared to todays 2 guards) white shooting guard that pkayed in the 60's, will come into todays league and not see a drop in production, I got a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.

Matter of fact lets turn the table.

what do you think kobe would average if he played in the 60's ?????

Pushxx
01-29-2014, 02:10 PM
-If anything having a high number of assists implies one is ball dominant. Point guards, star swingman...these are the guys who put up big assists and they are also the ones who have the ball in their hands all of the time. If you have too many ball dominant players on the roster the talent goes to waste. Only one ball

-No three point range that I saw. All of his FG attempts are mid range shots or at the rim.

- By that logic, Magic, Stockton, and Isiah would have too ball dominant as a negative.

- You clearly have never seen Jerry West's playoff numbers. They are mind-numbing. The dude did not choke.

- "That you saw." What the hell did you "see?" It's well known he had range far beyond the 3-PT line. I'm not going to find articles and interviews, but coaches and players from then and now all corroborate that. His 3-PT range is not a question.

INDI
01-29-2014, 07:48 PM

Jerry West is a combo guard, great athlete, great defender, great scorer, best playmaker. What sets him apart from the others is more or less his ability to thrive as a point guard and he is the best of all three at getting others involved.

Allen is the off-ball shooter that fits on any single team.

And Jordan is the superstar who has the most talent, but also comes with the attitude and highest chance of butting heads with other stars on the roster. Poor spacing as well.

Kobe is irrelevant in this discussion. I am looking for serious basketball discussion and someone that would pick a shittier version of Jordan over actual Jordan is simply an uneducated dickrider.

Anyone picking ray freakin allen or jerry west over jordan is either 70 years old and biased towards anything nba pre 80's or started watching basketball in the 00's.

open it up for all two guards or its a dumb and irrelevant topic

JellyBean
01-29-2014, 07:58 PM
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/killaplaya247/godbe_zps48b947d3.png

LOL!! I love it. This is my screensaver. :applause:

SexSymbol
01-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Tony, you had all this time while being banned and that's the best you've come up with?
Man, at least you've been cringe-worthy bad in the first place, not it's only unbearable ******ry left in you