PDA

View Full Version : The Official NBA Comissioner David Stern Retirement Countdown

bagelred
01-29-2014, 05:53 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1025/nba_a_adam-silver_mb_576.jpg

The King is Dead :cry:
Long Live The King :rockon:

2 days, 7 hours, 7 minutes to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Johnny Jones
01-29-2014, 05:55 PM
My niqqa :applause:

Thank you for gifting New Orleans the brow Daddy Stern :bowdown: :cry: :bowdown:

moe94
01-29-2014, 05:57 PM
New guy looks sketchy. Like if the dean from Community was the new commissioner.

sportjames23
01-29-2014, 06:11 PM
The NBA is gonna have the goofiest looking commish now out of the four main sports. As much as I dislike Stern, at least he can look like a little gangster.

cos88
01-29-2014, 06:13 PM
such a great man, best comissioner in american sports :bowdown:

Trollsmasher
01-29-2014, 06:15 PM
NBA GOAT:bowdown: :cry:

imdaman99
01-29-2014, 06:16 PM
New guy needs a hairpiece. Can't let the other leagues ALPHA over him because they have hair

BigMacW.Steeze
01-29-2014, 06:16 PM
New guy looks sketchy. Like if the dean from Community was the new commissioner.
:oldlol: dean-a-ling

Black and White
01-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Will miss you, GOAT comissioner :bowdown:

moe94
01-29-2014, 06:21 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/585/11vs.jpg

Can you even tell the difference?

KyrieTheFuture
01-29-2014, 06:58 PM
I really didn't think it was possible for Stern to be succeeded by a weirder looking individual but here we are

Mr. Jabbar
01-29-2014, 07:08 PM
say hello to the new commish

http://danceswithwolvezs.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/grey-alien-11.jpg

All Net
01-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks for losing us Chris Paul...

SexSymbol
01-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Lets look at his resume:
1)Complete pussyfication of the game
2)02 sac-lal series, 12 bos-mia series, 12 mia-okc series, that phx-sas series, i forgot the year.
3)Rigging drafts, we all know those stories, Ewing, NOP.
4)Compressed 2012 schedule leaving no chance for older teams. All players said that there's too little rest between games. Stern didn't care. Rose showed why he should have cared.
5)Made first round into a 7 game series instead of 5 game, making upsets less likely, and anything that'll help small market teams is not in Stern's way of thinking.
6)For no apparent reason changed leather balls to some shitty material back in 06. He reversed it later on, but why would you make a decision if nobody's complaining. And he didn't even consult anybody that make or bounce those balls, just a random decision.
7)Basketball reasons.
8)Nothing changed after the lockout, so we lost a quarter of the season for absolutely nothing. In fact, all teams are more into the superteam idea now than ever.
9)He makes 20 million a year. Yeah, he does. For what? Who the hell knows.
10)He's not out of the nba, his ego just can't let go, he will stay as an nba consultant whatever that means
11)Remember the under 23 idea for olympics? Yeah, he didn't consult anybody before saying it out loud yet again.
12)Anti-flopping rule. How strange is that big names don't get fines for flops? Hmmm....
13)He's being changed by his right hand man, don't expect any change into good.
14)ABSURD penalties. We all know he's incredibly money hungry and greedy to the max, but 50k for a tweet? Or 100k for kobe cursing? Cuban half a million for criticising refs? Does he even understand how much is 100k? Making millions blinded him.
15)Anti-player comissioner. When I think about a commish he should stand up for players, shouldn't he? Not only he disagreed with NBPA during the lockout, he even insulted their tactics.
16)Players can't come out of highschool no more. KG, Moses, Kobe, TMac, Jermaine O'neal, but hey, a few of them weren't superstars.
17)No handchecking. Why? BECAUSE MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY. Who's gonna save us after the and1 era? Oh yeah, let's pussify the defense! That'll get us more drives and dunks!

He tried to make NBA a disgrace, I'm glad that he got old and has to step down, because there's no positive direction for basketball with that man, it's just money for me me me. Old man with a napoleon complex.

aj1987
01-29-2014, 08:01 PM
12)Anti-flopping rule. How strange is that big names don't get fines for flops? Hmmm....
Lebron, Harden, and Bosh got fined last season.

SexSymbol
01-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Lebron, Harden, and Bosh got fined last season.
What about the other 30 flops? LeBron flopped more that one time, that's for sure. Of course he'll fine one or two times, so if he's been asked about it he'd say whatcha mean, i fined that guy.

sportjames23
01-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Lets look at his resume:
2)02 sac-lal series, 12 bos-mia series, 12 mia-okc series, that phx-sas series, i forgot the year.
4)Compressed 2012 schedule leaving no chance for older teams. All players said that there's too little rest between games. Stern didn't care. Rose showed why he should have cared.
5)Made first round into a 7 game series instead of 5 game, making upsets less likely, and anything that'll help small market teams is not in Stern's way of thinking.
6)For no apparent reason changed leather balls to some shitty material back in 06. He reversed it later on, but why would you make a decision if nobody's complaining. And he didn't even consult anybody that make or bounce those balls, just a random decision.
7)Basketball reasons.
8)Nothing changed after the lockout, so we lost a quarter of the season for absolutely nothing. In fact, all teams are more into the superteam idea now than ever.
10)He's not out of the nba, his ego just can't let go, he will stay as an nba consultant whatever that means
11)Remember the under 23 idea for olympics? Yeah, he didn't consult anybody before saying it out loud yet again.
14)ABSURD penalties. We all know he's incredibly money hungry and greedy to the max, but 50k for a tweet? Or 100k for kobe cursing? Cuban half a million for criticising refs? Does he even understand how much is 100k? Making millions blinded him.
15)Anti-player comissioner. When I think about a commish he should stand up for players, shouldn't he? Not only he disagreed with NBPA during the lockout, he even insulted their tactics.

He tried to make NBA a disgrace, I'm glad that he got old and has to step down, because there's no positive direction for basketball with that man, it's just money for me me me. Old man with a napoleon complex.

Summed it all up, bro. :cheers:

Fowl
01-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Lets look at his resume:
7)Basketball reasons.

You forgot the whole players can't come straight out of highschool thing and handchecking.

SexSymbol
01-29-2014, 08:12 PM
You forgot the whole players can't come straight out of highschool thing and handchecking.
edited

JellyBean
01-29-2014, 08:13 PM
I gotta give props to David Stern. Even though he screwed us Seattle Supersonics fans, love him or hate him he did some really cool things for the league. Sure he came along during the Magic/Bird/Jordan era. But those of us that can remember the league in the late 70s and mid 80s, know that we have come a long way and David Stern's little savvy, bold, stubborn, driven, competitive, charming, humorous, kind, biting, forceful and demanding mitts are the reason the league is where it is at right now. Congrats, Mr. Stern and enjoy your new life chilly out and enjoying life. :cheers:

Here is looking forward to 30 more great years.

FKAri
01-29-2014, 09:17 PM
The NBA is gonna have the goofiest looking commish now out of the four main sports. As much as I dislike Stern, at least he can look like a little gangster.

David Stern is basically Joe Pesci from Goodfellas.

bagelred
01-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Lets look at his resume:
7)Basketball reasons.
16)Players can't come out of highschool no more. KG, Moses, Kobe, TMac, Jermaine O'neal, but hey, a few of them weren't superstars.
17)No handchecking. Why? BECAUSE MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY. Who's gonna save us after the and1 era? Oh yeah, let's pussify the defense! That'll get us more drives and dunks!

Stern isn't all about money. Actually, it's the opposite. He made decisions not necessarily to maximize profit, but to better the brand.

Wait until Adam Silver signs a new deal with Fox and gets rid of TNT when they negotiate new deals in a few months. Then you'll see when it's really about the money....

My prediction is TNT will be out when contracts runs out in 2 years..I think it's 2 years....bye bye EJ, bye bye Inside the NBA....

SexSymbol
01-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Stern isn't all about money. Actually, it's the opposite. He made decisions not necessarily to maximize profit, but to better the brand.

Wait until Adam Silver signs a new deal with Fox and gets rid of TNT when they negotiate new deals in a few months. Then you'll see when it's really about the money....

My prediction is TNT will be out when contracts runs out in 2 years..I think it's 2 years....bye bye EJ, bye bye Inside the NBA....
Please elaborate. I've given countless examples on his greed.

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 09:35 AM
Reckon Silver will get booed at draft day?

Bcogswell
01-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Completely forget he was retiring during the season.

sportjames23
01-30-2014, 09:48 AM
David Stern is basically Joe Pesci from Goodfellas.

:cheers:

bagelred
01-30-2014, 10:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7z7sg7bk3A

GOBB
01-30-2014, 10:59 AM
Mr. Slugworth

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130811233954/villains/images/e/e0/Slugworth.jpg

r0drig0lac
01-30-2014, 11:19 AM
thanks for Duncan, the greatest PF to play the game

sportjames23
01-30-2014, 11:23 AM
We need some Stern gifs in this thread.

SexSymbol
01-30-2014, 06:56 PM
I gotta add another point:
18)Pointless sleveless shirts for players, just so the league could get more MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY. Players don't like it, fans don't like, but WHO THE **** CARES ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY.

bagelred
01-31-2014, 04:54 PM

Cold soul
01-31-2014, 07:15 PM
He will veto his own retirement.

sportjames23
01-31-2014, 07:42 PM
For basketball reasons.

bagelred
02-01-2014, 12:17 AM
The end is here.

JT123
02-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Stern will be back. The great ones always come back.

bagelred
02-01-2014, 10:33 AM
It's OVER!