PDA

View Full Version : KD vs Lebron tonight...

poido123
01-30-2014, 01:03 AM
Lived up to the hype.

Some of those basket for basket plays were exciting as fck. I mean, I have my time criticising Lebron about this and that, but this truly was a good battle and clearly showed the 2 standout players in the league. Durant looks ready to take over as the best player, but I'd say Lebron still has a small edge IMO.

Durant is playing the best basketball this year and deserving of MVP, but Lebron is still the best.

I got entertained.

What did you guys think?

Cowboy Thunder
01-30-2014, 01:04 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3930855/KDfire3.gifhttp://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/27252507/kdisonfireimg_3535.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Solefade
01-30-2014, 01:04 AM
wow an objective post by poido :applause:

Fudge
01-30-2014, 01:06 AM
Their little exchange where they answered eachothers shots like 4x made me change my underwear twice. Good shit.

russwest0
01-30-2014, 01:06 AM
LeBron is still the best? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

At what? Cause it damn sure ain't basketball.

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 01:08 AM
Their little exchange where they answered eachothers shots like 4x made me change my underwear twice. Good shit.
You mean good shits. :pimp:

veilside23
01-30-2014, 01:08 AM
empty stats :D

Fudge
01-30-2014, 01:09 AM
You mean good shits. :pimp:
You are great, baby. :oldlol: Have you ever been told that before?

Leftimage
01-30-2014, 01:09 AM
Lived up to the hype.

Some of those basket for basket plays were exciting as fck. I mean, I have my time criticising Lebron about this and that, but this truly was a good battle and clearly showed the 2 standout players in the league. Durant looks ready to take over as the best player, but I'd say Lebron still has a small edge IMO.

Durant is playing the best basketball this year and deserving of MVP, but Lebron is still the best.

I got entertained.

What did you guys think?

Good to see some posters can still make level-headed observations.

This is a very precious rivalry imo - it's not that common to have a type of set-up where two of the league's players are SO MUCH better than the rest. It's an exciting premise and I hope the two can keep it going for a couple seasons. (a few finals rematches would be nice)

16X
01-30-2014, 01:10 AM
Lived up to the hype.

I got entertained.

What did you guys think?
I think you're an attention whore for not posting this in one of the existing threads.

russwest0
01-30-2014, 01:10 AM
Good to see some posters can still make level-headed observations.

This is a very precious rivalry imo - it's not that common to have a type of set-up where two of the league's players are SO MUCH better than the rest. It's an exciting premise and I hope the two can keep it going for a couple seasons. (a few finals rematches would be nice)

Yeah, it's a shame the Pacers look better than MIA this year. A MIA/OKC finals would be a lot funner to watch than OKC/IND. IND literally presents 0 problems for OKC. They would get swept.

ihoopallday
01-30-2014, 01:11 AM
:eek: :eek: I must say I'm surprised by your analysis OP. Hope you go back to posting objectively like this

All Net
01-30-2014, 01:12 AM
Yeah, it's a shame the Pacers look better than MIA this year. A MIA/OKC finals would be a lot funner to watch than OKC/IND. IND literally presents 0 problems for OKC. They would get swept.

They would not get swept. That would still be a 6 game series at worse. Indy are a damn good ball club.

Budadiiii
01-30-2014, 01:13 AM
You are great, baby. :oldlol: Have you ever been told that before?
I just got told it right now from this sexy ass Canadian dude.

*blushes*

Also, **** you Poido. Still can't whoop me bitch boy.

Leftimage

Yup and I feel like a Spurs-Indy final would be boring. So I am hoping Heat & Thunder each do their parts to make this happen.

:cheers:

Prometheus
Tonight's game sucked, Miami played like shit and OKC was on point.

As for the individual matchup, both players were :applause: . Durant outplayed LeBron... but I expected this. I've always liked LeBron and will forever defend his legacy against his more outrageous haters, and he will hang it up one day with claim to one of the best careers in hoops history. But I'm no fool - Durant's ceiling is simply higher, and he already seems to be the better basketball player. No overreacting to tonight's game - all it did was help support my opinions here.

The fact that they spent a lot of time guarding each other, took the challenge and went at each other, and traded baskets for a fine stretch was all a fan can really ask for. Much respect to both players, and I hope that we see them play this well against each other later this year during some better games. It wasn't domination, LeBron gave it right back to him, but Durant was better.

poido123
01-30-2014, 01:14 AM
I think you're an attention whore for not posting this in one of the existing threads.

I'm making point of the duel, not the game or the gamethread...

Thanks.

russwest0
01-30-2014, 01:14 AM
They would not get swept. That would still be a 6 game series at worse. Indy are a damn good ball club.

A damn good club, yet in their last 4 matchups with OKC they've gotten blown out.

It's just a horrible match up for them. Hibbert/West bully ball doesn't work vs Ibaka/Perkins and we overall are a lot tougher for them than they are for us. Westbrook alone demolishes George Hill. Stephenson has struggles vs a guy like Sefolosha who's only duty is to play lockdown defense. Their bench isn't as good as ours. Paul George is good but he's not close to Durant's level right now.

I really don't see OKC dropping a game to them in the playoffs. Especially with Durant just being Durant.

All Net
01-30-2014, 01:18 AM
A damn good club, yet in their last 4 matchups by OKC they've gotten blown out.

It's just a horrible match up for them. Hibbert/West bully ball doesn't work vs Ibaka/Perkins and we overall are a lot tougher for them than they are for us. Westbrook alone demolishes George Hill. Stephenson has struggles vs a guy like Sefolosha who's only duty is to play lockdown defense. Their bench isn't as good as ours.

I really don't see OKC dropping a game to them in the playoffs. Especially with Durant just being Durant.

OKC match-up very well with them yes and would be favourites yes but you can't use one match-up to decide things. All depends on Hibbert scoring enough downlow, stephenson stepping up and PG at least running Durant close as he can. HCA could play a big factor too. Obviously how Hill tries to defend Russ would play a factor too of course.

Pacers have the best D in the league for a reason as well.

You can't use the other match-ups last season either..Indy are alot better now.

aj1987
01-30-2014, 02:04 AM
I hope Durant doesn't wear himself out carrying the Thunder. Want him to be 100% for the playoffs. Miami/Thunder Finals would be so much fun.

LeBron vs KD for the #1 spot
Wade vs Westbrook with Wade trying to prove that he's still a superstar

KG215
01-30-2014, 02:36 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/tBb19f6xqZ82HomZOoM/giphy.gif

I know this doesn't exactly pertain to the thread, because it's not about one outplaying the other, but this seems like the best Durant/LeBron thread tonight to post this. Not sure why, but it was my favorite shot of Durant's from the game.

Fudge
01-30-2014, 02:40 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/tBb19f6xqZ82HomZOoM/giphy.gif

I know this doesn't exactly pertain to the thread, because it's not about one outplaying the other, but this seems like the best Durant/LeBron thread tonight to post this. Not sure why, but it was my favorite shot of Durant's from the game.
Check LeBrons feet, dude was about to get shook if he tried recovering to defend the shot. Damn. Almost like some Kyrie-on-Knight type shit.

Too good.

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 02:41 AM
Poido with the objective post, thank the lord. Until Durant proves himself in the playoffs he isn't anything.

KG215
01-30-2014, 02:53 AM
Poido with the objective post, thank the lord. Until Durant proves himself in the playoffs he isn't anything.
Could you please go be a dumbass somewhere else? We've got enough of those here already.

Durant's already has one great playoff run under his belt and just came up short inthe Finals...he was 23. It got interrupted last year with Westbrook's injury, but he's poised to have another this year. You can still play great and have a very good playoff run without winning a championship. Now, if he gets to 30ish years old with zero rings, then we can talk. Until then, shut the f**k up and give Durant respect for the amazing tear he's been on lately.

36-7-6-2-1 on 54/42/88 shooting in 18 games without Westbrook. Enjoy it because shit like this doesn't happen very often.

Mr. Jabbar
01-30-2014, 03:03 AM
Could you please go be a dumbass somewhere else? We've got enough of those here already.

Durant's already has one great playoff run under his belt and just came up short inthe Finals...he was 23. It got interrupted last year with Westbrook's injury, but he's poised to have another this year. You can still play great and have a very good playoff run without winning a championship. Now, if he gets to 30ish years old with zero rings, then we can talk. Until then, shut the f**k up and give Durant respect for the amazing tear he's been on lately.

36-7-6-2-1 on 54/42/88 shooting in 18 games without Westbrook. Enjoy it because shit like this doesn't happen very often.

melting down comes before acceptance, part of the natural process, they're shook to the bone, watching durant take the torch with such force is unheard of, he is taking no hostages

Angel Face
01-30-2014, 03:05 AM
The back and forth shoot out between KD and Bron is exciting, until Bron shat his pants. He knows he got nothing on KD.

GoranDragon
01-30-2014, 03:05 AM
Last time KD vs Lebron, the ending wasn't too pretty:

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IFWT-Kevin-Durant-cries.jpg

Angel Face
01-30-2014, 03:08 AM

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IFWT-Kevin-Durant-cries.jpg

Better check your date, last time was Jan 29, 2014. Lebron got shook.

Mr. Jabbar
01-30-2014, 03:08 AM
The back and forth shoot out between KD and Bron is exciting, until Bron shat his pants. He knows he got nothing on KD.

yeah it was awesome watching them in that exchange: boom!...swish!....boom!......swish!....poop....., game over

TheGreatRaptor
01-30-2014, 03:12 AM
yeah it was awesome watching them in that exchange: boom!...swish!....boom!......swish!....poop....., game over
Yup Lebron loves to dunk thats why boom while Durant loves to shoot thus swish. Pretty accurate.:applause:

If this is Kobe then this will be clank, clank, clank.:lol

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 03:12 AM

You mad? Go get a breath of fresh air.

Legends66NBA7
01-30-2014, 03:14 AM

And you responded with a biased post.

"He isn't anything." :rolleyes:

TMT
01-30-2014, 03:15 AM
KD has come a long way in the last couple of years on both sides of the floor. Statement game for him tonight. Played some pretty damn good defense on Bron and was unstoppable in the second half.

Anyone have stats on how Lebron shot when guarded by KD? Just from a viewing perspective it appeared like James did most of his damage on Sefolosha, other than that stretch in the third.

KG215
01-30-2014, 03:16 AM
You mad? Go get a breath of fresh air.
No, just extremely annoyed by you constantly trying to downplay Durant's run. At this point, any time you do, you only make yourself look bad. Anytime an NBA player has a near 20 game stretch where they average 36-7-6-2-1 on 54/42/88 shooting, there's really no way you can discredit him without looking like a colossal dumbass...which you've repeatedly done the last couple of weeks. I mean you've solely dedicated your account to irrationally bashing Durant in the midst of an absurd run. At least have the common sense to wait until he inevitably cools off and has a rough week or two to bash him. Your troll game is extremely weak.

Mr. Jabbar
01-30-2014, 03:16 AM
Yup Lebron loves to dunk thats why boom while Durant loves to shoot thus swish. Pretty accurate.:applause:

If this is Kobe then this will be clank, clank, clank.:lol

in that sequence, the guy going "boom" pooped :facepalm

:facepalm

you might wanna check that again or just create a new account and start fresh

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 03:18 AM
No, just extremely annoyed by you constantly trying to downplay Durant's run. At this point, any time you do, you only make yourself look bad. Anytime an NBA player has a near 20 game stretch where they average 36-7-6-2-1 on 54/42/88 shooting, there's really no way you can discredit him without looking like a colossal dumbass...which you've repeatedly done the last couple of weeks.
I have said it is impressive actually. People acting like Durant is the second coming when most of the superstars have done exactly what he is doing right now.

MASH Transit
01-30-2014, 03:19 AM

You stay salty.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1899644/mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

KG215
01-30-2014, 03:20 AM
I have said it is impressive actually. People acting like Durant is the second coming when most of the superstars have done exactly what he is doing right now.
And people acted like those guys were the second coming when they were on their runs. It's just inflated now by the evolution of message board and the over the top trolls and stans.