PDA

View Full Version : So Heat lost shooting 51% with the big 3 hitting 34, 18, and 15... why?

J Shuttlesworth
01-30-2014, 02:39 AM
How does that happen? I mean yeah Lamb and Fisher went off and Durant did this thing as usual.. but with all the talent the Heat have, how do they get blown out? And don't forget that the Thunder are without their second best player :wtf:

i have a theory for why this happened, and it has some solid evidence:

http://i.imgur.com/PflF7hh.png

OKC just figured out Miami

GoranDragon
01-30-2014, 02:40 AM
Coach Spo clearly was saving his secret weapons for the playoffs. We ain't worried.

russwest0
01-30-2014, 02:40 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Proud of Brooks. Now we just need to lower that number to 0 for the next time we face them.

Perry Jones clocked in 30 minutes which was a pleasant surprise. Brooks is finally learning.

MellowYellow
01-30-2014, 03:18 AM
It's ez, they turned the ball over at an alarming rate and they sucked from 3 while OKC shot phenomenal from 3.

sd3035
01-30-2014, 03:20 AM
They were all shook, Durant is just too good on both ends of the floor

JT123
01-30-2014, 03:22 AM
One reason and one reason only. The Thunder are
S T A C K E D! :eek: OKC has taken all the excitement and competitiveness out of the NBA. :coleman:

TMT
01-30-2014, 03:22 AM
This funny little thing called defense. Miami didn't play any. Kind of important in this sport.

Milbuck
01-30-2014, 03:26 AM
I'm completely serious when I say this - I really think the Heat fear OKC now. Durant has been on another planet lately, and it looked like he was in their heads the whole game. Lebron seemed like one of the only Miami guys that looked like he wanted it, and even he only showed it in the 3rd and part of the 4th during that mini shootout with Durant.

Before this season, Durant always struck me as a second tier great. But now I don't know what to think. The guy is just pure greatness. No significant hardware yet, but that'll come. He's only 25 - the scariest part of it all.

sportjames23
01-30-2014, 03:28 AM
Coach Spo clearly was saving his secret weapons for the playoffs. We ain't worried.

LOL banned again. :oldlol:

oarabbus
01-30-2014, 03:29 AM
Turnovers is the only correct answer. Miami was WAY sloppy with the ball

longtime lurker
01-30-2014, 03:37 AM
How does that happen? I mean yeah Lamb and Fisher went off and Durant did this thing as usual.. but with all the talent the Heat have, how do they get blown out?

Not enough all stars

http://i.imgur.com/iBLrG.gif

francesco totti
01-30-2014, 03:39 AM
This all reminds me of lebron owning kobe in regular season..then kobe winning the title by end of year..

i just feel same story now...durant owning regular season lebron..but come playoffs i feel like thunder wont make the finals.

Milbuck
01-30-2014, 03:46 AM
This all reminds me of lebron owning kobe in regular season..then kobe winning the title by end of year..

i just feel same story now...durant owning regular season lebron..but come playoffs i feel like thunder wont make the finals.
Except that it's been pretty much the opposite. Lebron has owned Durant in the regular season before this game. This game is pretty much the first time that the Thunder look convincingly better than the Heat, and the first time that Durant legitimately looks like the best player in the world.

MellowYellow
01-30-2014, 03:53 AM
Turnovers is the only correct answer. Miami was WAY sloppy with the ball

Poor shooting from 3 was the bigger reason. Guys were pressing cuz they weren't hitting shots which lead to some horrible decisions with the basketball.

francesco totti
01-30-2014, 03:54 AM
Except that it's been pretty much the opposite. Lebron has owned Durant in the regular season before this game. This game is pretty much the first time that the Thunder look convincingly better than the Heat, and the first time that Durant legitimately looks like the best player in the world.

I expect by end of year,we have media bashing of durant..
same way like lebron. they hype him now, will bash him for failure in playoff...

plowking
01-30-2014, 03:57 AM
It had nothing to do with Kendrick Perkins. It had everything to do with turnovers and the Heat role players not hitting wide open 3 pointers.

Mr. Incredible
01-30-2014, 04:09 AM
:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

The trolls will lurk for the duration of the season until June.

When Miami turns it up and 3-Peats, they will send in their bids for their new alternate names.

AintNoSunshine
01-30-2014, 04:16 AM
because 18 and 15 is not exactly

I<3NBA
01-30-2014, 06:36 AM
Heat players were depressed Westbrook wasn't around to take away shots from Durant.

they know their gameplan tho when WB comes back :lol

RighteousMax
01-30-2014, 06:43 AM
:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

The trolls will lurk for the duration of the season until June.

When Miami turns it up and 3-Peats, they will send in their bids for their new alternate names.
It's going to be extremely hard to 3-peat if you ask me.

SpaceJammeR
01-30-2014, 06:46 AM
turnovers after turnovers and the bench for okc went off.

RighteousMax
01-30-2014, 06:48 AM
turnovers after turnovers and the bench for okc went off.
I understand but that excellent team should have no excuse, they just simply lost.

SpaceJammeR
01-30-2014, 06:51 AM
I understand but that excellent team should have no excuse, they just simply lost.

yeah good teams should never lose. :facepalm ofcourse they lost and theres a lot of reason because of it.

Sharmer
01-30-2014, 06:57 AM

already banned again.

:wtf:

RighteousMax
01-30-2014, 06:58 AM
yeah good teams should never lose. :facepalm ofcourse they lost and theres a lot of reason because of it.
thunder just wanted it more.

Sharmer
01-30-2014, 07:01 AM
Thunder will choke again in the playoffs, Durants making long shots which won't be so easy under the pressure of the a possible NBA finals.

RighteousMax
01-30-2014, 07:03 AM
Thunder will choke again in the playoffs, Durants making long shots which won't be so easy under the pressure of the a possible NBA finals.
You don't know for sure.

Sharmer
01-30-2014, 07:17 AM
You don't know for sure.

No one knows, but we know the playoffs and especially the finals changes the way players play. Didn't Durant cry to his momma when his lost last time.

:cry:

RighteousMax
01-30-2014, 07:20 AM
No one knows, but we know the playoffs and especially the finals changes the way players play. Didn't Durant cry to his momma when his lost last time.

:cry:
Maybe because he got rigged out of a title.

russwest0
01-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Since 2011-12, the Thunder have played 234 minutes with Perkins off the floor against the Heat, according to NBA.com data. In those minutes, the Thunder have beat up Miami by 48 points over that time, or approximately 10 points every 48 minutes.

Alan Ogg
01-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Sloppy passes, had 8 more turnovers than Thunder.
Thunder - 16 of 27 from 3 (59.3%) ( including Fisher banking in two 3s)
HEAT - 3 of 19 from 3 (15.8%)

NumberSix
01-30-2014, 08:16 AM

This feels like Deuxrant is gonna have his Charles Barkley season.

Trollsmasher
01-30-2014, 08:19 AM
Brooks owned Spo and Miami was just throwing the ball away half of the time

And they were hitting some incredible shots that helped them to erase Miami's lead and then push their own

russwest0

A Charles Barkley type of season would be 25 PPG on 60%.

russwest0
Since 2011-12, the Thunder have played 234 minutes with Perkins off the floor against the Heat, according to NBA.com data. In those minutes, the Thunder have beat up Miami by 48 points over that time, or approximately 10 points every 48 minutes.

No Perkins, no chance for Miami.

moe94
01-30-2014, 08:27 AM
A Charles Barkley type of season would be 25 PPG on 60%.
So LeBron?:coleman:

Nash
01-30-2014, 12:22 PM
they got beat by a better team and younger legs?

Jlamb47
01-30-2014, 12:30 PM
we??
like u play

coin24
01-30-2014, 12:54 PM

Yeah it's not fair, bran is surrounded by scrubs..
He needs more help, right pauk?:lol :facepalm

Meticode
01-30-2014, 12:55 PM
How does that happen? I mean yeah Lamb and Fisher went off and Durant did this thing as usual.. but with all the talent the Heat have, how do they get blown out? And don't forget that the Thunder are without their second best player :wtf:

i have a theory for why this happened, and it has some solid evidence:

http://i.imgur.com/PflF7hh.png

OKC just figured out Miami
TURNOVERS

Bandito
01-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Lebron should ask to be traded to OKC so he has a chance to win a chip right?:facepalm

dude77
01-30-2014, 01:28 PM
regular season games ...

mean nothing ..

especially for the heat .. y'all should know this by now

SpecialQue
01-30-2014, 02:47 PM

Honestly, I dislike your posts, but this was brilliant.

GOATbe
01-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Not enough all stars

http://i.imgur.com/iBLrG.gif
:lol

jzek
01-30-2014, 02:59 PM
Wade didn't put on his good knees for the night as he's "saving" them.

/copout

jzek
01-30-2014, 03:00 PM
regular season games ...

mean nothing ..

especially for the heat .. y'all should know this by now

So why does the NBA have them if they don't mean anything? :confusedshrug:

dude77
01-30-2014, 03:22 PM
So why does the NBA have them if they don't mean anything? :confusedshrug:

entertainment and you have to have a season of games .. back in lbj's 1st miami season, they were beaten 6 out of 7 by the celtics and bulls during the regular season and we know what happened in the playoffs .. I don't put any weight into these regular season games .. heat always turn on another gear in the playoffs .. come back and talk to me when they beat miami when it counts

Le Shaqtus
01-30-2014, 03:35 PM

Who's "we" :lol frontrunning at it's best

riseagainst
01-31-2014, 05:19 PM
too concerned with efficiency.

All Net
01-31-2014, 05:30 PM
entertainment and you have to have a season of games .. back in lbj's 1st miami season, they were beaten 6 out of 7 by the celtics and bulls during the regular season and we know what happened in the playoffs .. I don't put any weight into these regular season games .. heat always turn on another gear in the playoffs .. come back and talk to me when they beat miami when it counts

I had that cocky and something attuide back in 2011....made me look like a fool just ask swoosh...who I had many debates with him.

Sometimes saying it doesn't mean anything when you lose games just because you are the champions doesn't always come true.

zoom17
01-31-2014, 05:35 PM
It's ez, they turned the ball over at an alarming rate and they sucked from 3 while OKC shot phenomenal from 3.

Bingo!

Joyner82reload
01-31-2014, 05:36 PM
It's simple, OKC is currently the best team in the league by a LARGE margin even without Westbrook. Elite at rebounding, elite at offense, elite at defense, elite in the 4th. They have the best player in the world and perfect complimentary pieces. I can't see anyone in the West beating OKC in a 7 game series even without Westbrook.

JT123
01-31-2014, 05:46 PM
It's simple, OKC is currently the best team in the league by a LARGE margin even without Westbrook. Elite at rebounding, elite at offense, elite at defense, elite in the 4th. They have the best player in the world and perfect complimentary pieces. I can't see anyone in the West beating OKC in a 7 game series even without Westbrook.
So you admit OKC is the best team in the league, but then want to turn around and claim they aren't stacked? :biggums:
Sorry Thunder fans, you can't have it both ways. :sleeping

Joyner82reload
01-31-2014, 05:49 PM
So you admit OKC is the best team in the league, but then want to turn around and claim they aren't stacked? :biggums:

So a team has to be stacked to be the best in the league? :wtf:

riseagainst
01-31-2014, 06:04 PM

04 Pistons weren't stacked, but they were arguably the best team in the league.

JT123
01-31-2014, 07:09 PM
So a team has to be stacked to be the best in the league? :wtf:
Actually yes. Do you even know what stacked means? Stacked means having a roster full of players who know their roles and PERFORM their roles to perfection. You seem to think being stacked means having a bunch of big name players, even if most of them are well beyond their prime. Sorry, but a 40 year old Ray Allen who is shooting 34 percent from 3 does not make a team stacked, nor does having an old declining Wade who has to sit out every 3rd game. The Heat have plenty of big names, but if those names aren't performing their roles at an acceptable level then the team is not stacked. Going by your logic the Brooklyn Nets are the most stacked team in the league. :facepalm

JT123
01-31-2014, 07:10 PM
04 Pistons weren't stacked, but they were arguably the best team in the league.
No they weren't. Kobe just chucked his team out of a title, simple as that.