PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Paul Pierce fans gone?

Sharmer
01-30-2014, 08:35 AM
I recall username Durant the best, who was the biggest fan of Paul Pierce at Boston. Seems all the Paul Pierce fans and threads are gone since he's gone from the Celtics. He's pretty much at the end of his career as well, funny how quickly players are forgotten.

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 08:37 AM
I hate him and the Celtics but I respect his game. Everyone talks about Durant and Melo with their 1 on 1 scoring, but Pierce could give them a run in his prime.

Sharmer
01-30-2014, 08:39 AM
I hate him and the Celtics but I respect his game. Everyone talks about Durant and Melo with their 1 on 1 scoring, but Pierce could give them a run in his prime.

I remember in 08 when he took Lebron to school in the Cleveland series.

LilEddyCurry
01-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Spuddjay made them all against Paul Pierce

Pushxx
01-30-2014, 08:46 AM
What?

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 08:48 AM
I remember in 08 when he took Lebron to school in the Cleveland series.
I would love to see 08 Celtics vs 2012 Heat

CelticBaller
01-30-2014, 08:49 AM
wtf is wrong with you? everybody knows PP34. We don't have to be obnoxious assholes and post 20 Pierce's thread to remind you guys

CeltsGarlic
01-30-2014, 08:52 AM
good days...

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 08:55 AM
http://redsarmy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Truthkiss.gif

This made me put my knuckles in my mouth when i saw it.

miller-time
01-30-2014, 08:56 AM
Well he isn't doing much these days and he was never really in the discussion for top 10 or 20 players so he isn't going to be mentioned too often. When he retires and we can look at his career in retrospect he should be promoted a little bit more. Dat nostalgia credit.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-30-2014, 09:07 AM
wtf is wrong with you? everybody knows PP34. We don't have to be obnoxious assholes and post 20 Pierce's thread to remind you guys

This basically.

I'd say there are a good few left (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOUCVAdQu3A).

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 09:08 AM
This basically.

I'd say there are a good few left (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOUCVAdQu3A).
Goose bumps every time.

Real Men Wear Green
01-30-2014, 09:11 AM
What are you expecting? I don't feel like making topics over 12 point games. Every once in a while he'll score 30 (like vs. TO a few days back) and I could make a topic but I know that in a few games he'll go 2-9 for 6 points and I'll have the trolls crawling out the woodwork to throw it in my face. We aren't like the Bryant fans, there aren't that many of us and Pierce's decline is undeniable while they can hang on to the slim hope that Kobe will be fine once he recovers from his injuries. Pierce is 36, he's in decline, accept it and move on. I think that's healthy.
I recall username Durant the best, who was the biggest fan of Paul Pierce at Boston. Seems all the Paul Pierce fans and threads are gone since he's gone from the Celtics. He's pretty much at the end of his career as well, funny how quickly players are forgotten.
ISH is better off without Spudjjay.

niko
01-30-2014, 09:12 AM
He's on a different team than 90% of his fanbase roots for.

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 09:12 AM
What are you expecting? I don't feel like making topics over 12 point games. Everyone once in a while he'll score 30 (like vs. TO a few days back) and I could make a topic but I know that in a few games he'll go 2-9 for 6 points and I'll have the trolls crawling out the woodwork to throw it in my face. We aren't like the Bryant fans, there aren't that many of us and Pierce's decline is undeniable while they can hang on to the slim hope that Kobe will be fine once he recovers from his injuries. Pierce is 36, he's in decline, accept it and move on. I think that's healthy.
ISH is better off without Spudjjay.
Celtic fans > Kobe stans anyday

GaryRaymond23
01-30-2014, 09:39 AM
I'm still a fan of his, it's just weird to see him in another jersey. Same goes for KG as well, I watch the games (I'm in CT so they're on often) and love his occasional outbursts or when he shows flashbacks of his former self.

SexSymbol
01-30-2014, 09:39 AM
It is kinda shocking that Celtics have no respect for their greats, I believe they wanted to trade McHale at the end of his run too. That's why you guys will have to wait for another championship at least 10 years. At least LAL loves their greats to the end

kNIOKAS
01-30-2014, 09:45 AM
It is kinda shocking that Celtics have no respect for their greats, I believe they wanted to trade McHale at the end of his run too. That's why you guys will have to wait for another championship at least 10 years. At least LAL loves their greats to the end
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2ujtwuh.jpg

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Apparently they were trying to shop Bird at one point as well.

Real Men Wear Green
01-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Sentiment is nice but there's no actual reason in your post. First of all the Celtics have tremendous respect for their greats. More retired jerseys than any other franchise. Pierce and KG are guaranteed to get their numbers retired as well, and they were given video tributes in their first real game back. You are confusing trading a player for disrespecting him. Which brings us to the second point.

The "respect" LA showed Kobe Bryant by handing him a $50 million-dollar retirement package isn't going to get them a ring so your based-on-nothing prediction of how long it will take the Celtics to get another ring is a joke. These days building a championship contender is about the draft and cap space. Paying a 35 year-old coming off 2 major knee injuries isn't the way to build a contender. I concede that the Lakers are lousy enough to potentially draft #1 but overall there is no reason to think LA will be capable of taking out OKC or G State in a series any time soon.

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Sentiment is nice but there's no actual reason in your post. First of all the Celtics have tremendous respect for their greats. More retired jerseys than any other franchise. Pierce and KG are guaranteed to get their numbers retired as well, and they were given video tributes in their first real game back. You are confusing trading a player for disrespecting him. Which brings us to the second point.

The "respect" LA showed Kobe Bryant by handing him a $50 million-dollar retirement package isn't going to get them a ring so your based-on-nothing prediction of how long it will take the Celtics to get another ring is a joke. These days building a championship contender is about the draft and cap space. Paying a 35 year-old coming off 2 major knee injuries isn't the way to build a contender. I concede that the Lakers are lousy enough to potentially draft #1 but overall there is no reason to think LA will be capable of taking out OKC or G State in a series any time soon.
http://static3.fjcdn.com/comments/jakedertree+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+commen t+41+at+_c0b24b4967d5164100e8f4f9ad7282b5.jpg

Damn.

GaryRaymond23
01-30-2014, 10:04 AM

It's a business and the Celtics understand the financial aspect - they always make the move that's best for the FUTURE, not dwell on memories in the past.

MMM
01-30-2014, 10:04 AM

Could be argued that holding on to their aging stars too long was the major reason why they had such a long drought. Boston isn't exactly a FA destination and you can't deny that they got a great catch in return for Doc and two aging stars. 4 1st round picks should give them a great opportunity to rebuild right.

Overall I think there are a fair share of players that would love to play in Boston under the right circumstances, so the organization can't fool are selves into believing they are the FA destination of a LA, Miami, Texas, or even small market warm climate teams like Orlando, Phoenix, etc.

With that being said I won't take it for granted that there might be a drought because it is very difficult to win in this league. However, Boston has very stable ownerships and management which is a stark contrast to what was going on in the 90's and early 00's.

veilside23
01-30-2014, 10:06 AM
saying something?

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/819058526.gif?1383364254]

bran wished he got one over kd but didnt happen...

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/nets2.jpg

JohnnySic
01-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Not much to say; he's no longer a Celtic and he's declined.

sketchy
01-30-2014, 11:02 AM
Paul Pierce is my favorite player of all time. I credit him with single-handedly getting me interested in the NBA. Someone already said this, but what are we supposed to do, make threads on him over his 12ppg (still working his ass off, I really respect what he's doing)? There are 20ppg scorers in the league that don't even get talked about on here. I still pay close attention to how he's doing - performances and health. I got serious goosebumps during his tribute in Boston. But it's time to face reality.

Besides, let's not act like he got a ton of respect on ISH when he was a Celtic. Last year he was literally playing point guard and posting triple-doubles and all you could see is that he was "old and slow." Other than C's fans, you'd all regularly sh*t on him.

annbafan
01-30-2014, 11:06 AM
still among my favorite players

Rolando
01-30-2014, 11:13 AM
I still keep track of what he's doing. I'll always be a fan.

When it come time for the post season.....Watch for The Truth. I guarantee he will leave his mark even at his age. Same goes for KG.

CelticBaller
01-30-2014, 11:51 AM
No respect? Pierce got us a championship, he owes us nothing yet we traded him to a championship contender for peanuts. It was in the best interest of both parties you idiot

SexSymbol
01-30-2014, 12:07 PM
No respect? Pierce got us a championship, he owes us nothing yet we traded him to a championship contender for peanuts. It was in the best interest of both parties you idiot
And you really think that PP wanted to leave the Celtics? KG for that matter too. You don't let go of your all-time greats, the destiny repays you in the future.
book it, celtics won't win a championship for the next 15 years.

Rolando
01-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Danny Ainge would trade his own mother if he thought it would help the team. :pimp:

BlackWhiteGreen
01-30-2014, 12:30 PM
And you really think that PP wanted to leave the Celtics? KG for that matter too. You don't let go of your all-time greats, the destiny repays you in the future.

No doubt you'll be back in 2029 to laud your successful prediction over us all. :rolleyes:

JohnnySic
01-30-2014, 02:26 PM
Pierce has a chance to eclipse 25,000 career points by season's end. Quite the accomplishment. :applause:

SexSymbol
01-30-2014, 02:27 PM
No doubt you'll be back in 2029 to laud your successful prediction over us all. :rolleyes:
I will, I promise.
Of course if I don't get banned calling out all these trolling mofos

salwan
01-30-2014, 02:41 PM
:biggums:

we will all rep The Truth for life :rockon:

code green
01-30-2014, 03:08 PM
:( :( :cry: :cry:

He's like the ex you don't like to think about.

Mr. Jabbar
01-30-2014, 03:12 PM
when your most memorable moment is faking an injury you dont rack up that many fans

Milbuck
01-30-2014, 03:12 PM
I would love to see 08 Celtics vs 2012 Heat
Considering the old*** 2012 Celtics took them to 7 and were tied going into the 4th quarter of game 7, I'd say the 2008 Celtics would comfortably beat them.

ballup
01-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Wtf is this destiny crap? The Celtics and Pierce made a mutual agreement that he'd go somewhere he wouldn't be rotting on the end of the bench. You have some kind of childish notion that people can keep their most valuable thing forever.

mans1ay3r
01-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Don't even get the point of this thread. Well, guess I'll post here to show some random guy on the internet Truth still has his fans. :confusedshrug:

Ancient Legend
01-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Will Ray Allen get his number retired by the Celts ?

ArbitraryWater
01-30-2014, 04:03 PM
http://redsarmy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Truthkiss.gif

This made me put my knuckles in my mouth when i saw it.

Was that last year's playoffs?

Sharmer
01-30-2014, 06:31 PM
when your most memorable moment is faking an injury you dont rack up that many fans

Selective memory.

Here we go, 41 points against Lebron 08, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBW-aZcOQuQ

Sharmer
01-30-2014, 06:33 PM

Celtics won't be contenders to another decade or two.

AnaheimLakers24
01-30-2014, 06:33 PM
this will happen to lebrick stans

All Net
01-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Funny how now he is no longer in Boston, I don't dislike him anymore.

Black and White
01-30-2014, 06:35 PM

This, we don't need a million threads, everybody knows Pierces greatness and his name still pops up when we are doing ranking threads.

StickyWice
08-12-2021, 04:49 PM
there are paul fans?

-stickyickyicky