PDA

View Full Version : I need to get glasses

hateraid
01-30-2014, 01:24 PM
I need to take advantage of my eyecare benefits. I haven't worn glasses in the last 4 years since I lost my last pair. Don't like contacts.

Thinking of these Prada's:

http://www.spex4less.com/acatalog/PR67PV_Large_C.jpg

Nice?
Anyone wear glasses on the regular? What's a good looking pair that would last fashionably?

Jailblazers7
01-30-2014, 01:30 PM
I'd check out Warby Parker if I were you. They have some good looking glasses, they are cheaper than other retailers, and they do the whole "home try-on" thing where they will mail you frames to check out.

I was going to get a pair through them but I never knew that you had to get a new prescription (that eye glass prescription can expire). Seems like a BS scam to me. I just wanted a new pair of the same prescription and they told me I couldn't do it.

Meticode
01-30-2014, 01:32 PM
:oldlol: why are you going to come on here asking if you should get a this pair of glasses, get what the hell you want or what looks good on you.

hateraid
01-30-2014, 01:35 PM
I'd check out Warby Parker if I were you. They have some good looking glasses, they are cheaper than other retailers, and they do the whole "home try-on" thing where they will mail you frames to check out.

I was going to get a pair through them but I never knew that you had to get a new prescription (that eye glass prescription can expire). Seems like a BS scam to me. I just wanted a new pair of the same prescription and they told me I couldn't do it.

Thanks Buddy!
Yeah, I just found that out to that I needed my prescription renewed. Seems funny since I most likely would have not bought a new pair and continued wearing the ones I got 5 years ago.
Money is not really an issue since my company will pay for it. I like the designer frames due to how they fit on my face and they seem more durable.

hateraid
01-30-2014, 01:40 PM
:oldlol: why are you going to come on here asking if you should get a this pair of glasses, get what the hell you want or what looks good on you.

what's wrong with sparking a little conversation? It's not like I'm going to be 100% influenced by people's opinions.

QUIZZLE
01-30-2014, 01:44 PM
I recently got black ones. They're a nice look.

Levity
01-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Been wearing glasses since the 4th grade. only wear contacts when i play sports

check out paul frank frames. its the only brand ive been wearing the past 10 years

right now i have the "instant intellectual" goofy name, i know. but they look good, and youll get a shit load of compliments

hateraid
01-30-2014, 01:50 PM
I have a pair similar to those. Thinking about getting another pair of big hipster glasses because I can make anything look good

Please don't tell me those frames I picked out look hipster!

Levity
01-30-2014, 01:52 PM
Please don't tell me those frames I picked out look hipster!

theyre like the clive owens from the international. good choice.

gigantes
01-30-2014, 01:54 PM
in my pic i posted, those are tommy hilfigers... but they're merely a popular style similar to the one in the OP. just a little cleaner design.

i like 'em, but no real reason to pay extra just for some stupid fashion brand (long story).

still... only way to know for sure is to fit empty frames to your face and see how they look. if possible, bring a friend along so you can get an honest 2nd opinion.

Jailblazers7
01-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Been wearing glasses since the 4th grade. only wear contacts when i play sports

check out paul frank frames. its the only brand ive been wearing the past 10 years

right now i have the "instant intellectual" goofy name, i know. but they look good, and youll get a shit load of compliments

Wow, they have some really bad names on there lol. "The Avant Gardener" :lol

Lebowsky
01-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Is your ****** dustier than usual or what?

hateraid
01-30-2014, 02:08 PM
theyre like the clive owens from the international. good choice.

Never seem it but thanks :cheers:
i'll be sure to quote that if I do pick these up

hateraid
01-30-2014, 02:10 PM
in my pic i posted, those are tommy hilfigers... but they're merely a popular style similar to the one in the OP. just a little cleaner design.

i like 'em, but no real reason to pay extra just for some stupid fashion brand (long story).

still... only way to know for sure is to fit empty frames to your face and see how they look. if possible, bring a friend along so you can get an honest 2nd opinion.

I tried them on last night shopping for frames. I don't impulse buy so I left giving myself 3 days to mull.

Cost is no issue since my company is buying.

hateraid
01-30-2014, 02:11 PM
I like it when the frames don't go all the way around the lens.

Yeah, I like this look too. I'm just thinking if this look would get dated. i'm not one to keep on upgrading

shaq2000
01-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Get some tortoise shell horn-rimmed ones.

http://i.imgur.com/Tl57x6K.jpg

TheSilentKiller
01-30-2014, 02:33 PM
I've got a pair like this

http://cdn.aclens.com/l/accessoryphotos/products/18574/95679/75717/600px-03.jpg

Fits really well and looks good. Pretty cheap too.

hateraid
01-30-2014, 08:00 PM

I just talked to someone about the brand and apparently they donate a pair to one in need when any frame is purchased.

YouGotServed
01-30-2014, 08:18 PM
My glasses look exactly like those hateraid. I don't use them much though. I prefer contacts.

hateraid
01-30-2014, 08:26 PM
My glasses look exactly like those hateraid. I don't use them much though. I prefer contacts.

I can't do them (contacts). I can't get my eyes opened enough to get them in!

hateraid
01-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Those are almost identical to the ones I wear.
Does anyone else feel that people that wear glasses look more..fragile? I am getting contacts because I feel like less of a man :(

Get your fitness on homie! Or grow some dirty facial hair.

mr.big35
01-30-2014, 08:33 PM
I need to take advantage of my eyecare benefits. I haven't worn glasses in the last 4 years since I lost my last pair. Don't like contacts.

Nice?
Anyone wear glasses on the regular? What's a good looking pair that would last fashionably?

I cant even see without any glasses and you were able to see without glasses for 4 years

mr.big35
01-30-2014, 08:36 PM

Nice?

How are able to see without glasses all these years

Maniak
01-30-2014, 08:46 PM
those look smart hateraid.

im looking into getting a nice pair of prescription sunglasses for the summer. maybe maui jim, i always hear good things about those.

hateraid
01-30-2014, 09:09 PM
How are able to see without glasses all these years

I've been so accustomed to not wearing glasses that I had adjusted. Although when I had them it definitely made a huge difference. I squint a lot. My buddy calls me squinty eyed flip.
I for sure need them though

hateraid
01-30-2014, 09:10 PM
those look smart hateraid.

im looking into getting a nice pair of prescription sunglasses for the summer. maybe maui jim, i always hear good things about those.

Well at least I'll "look" smart :lol

I'm thinking of those too. I also want sports googles. gonna start a trend.

BTW, give me Carey Price you mofo. You're not going to win anyways :lol

JohnFreeman
01-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Get a bigger frame. In my honest opinion I don't like how there is no frame on the bottom

Maniak
01-30-2014, 09:19 PM
gimmie another offer.

sports goggles can be...not the worst looking things in the world. the thick ones look awful, thinner the better.

Jailblazers7
01-30-2014, 09:26 PM
I just talked to someone about the brand and apparently they donate a pair to one in need when any frame is purchased.

Yeah, they are a pretty cool company. They make the online shopping experience as simple as possible and its cool that they donate glasses to those who need, but can't afford, them. You can even use your webcam to do a virtual try-on where they will superimpose the glasses onto your face from a webcam photo. I recommend them to everyone who might find it useful because my experience with them was very good.

hateraid
01-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Yeah, they are a pretty cool company. They make the online shopping experience as simple as possible and its cool that they donate glasses to those who need, but can't afford, them. You can even use your webcam to do a virtual try-on where they will superimpose the glasses onto your face from a webcam photo. I recommend them to everyone who might find it useful because my experience with them was very good.

I'd love to support them but I can't pass up the experience of physically trying them on and liking them. But I'll definitely pass this company along.

mr.big35
01-31-2014, 08:39 AM
You ever tried coastalcontacts.com for glasses

RighteousMax
01-31-2014, 08:41 AM
Maybe because you fail to see the big picture in life.

Jailblazers7
01-31-2014, 08:43 AM
I'd love to support them but I can't pass up the experience of physically trying them on and liking them. But I'll definitely pass this company along.

They will actually mail you frames for free to try on. But that's prob enough from me I don't want to sound like a salesman lol.

Ratnik
01-31-2014, 08:46 AM
Use contacts, dont be a *****

Lebron23
01-31-2014, 09:24 AM
I wear contact lenses. Only wear glasses when i watch TV at home. I might consult the eye doctor if I my eyes are ready for Ortho K Lenses.

http://okglobal.org/

hateraid
01-12-2015, 12:01 AM
Just got a new pair:
http://www.otticanet.com/img/imgocchiali/92/img_art_CA_6621_0KS.jpg

Nice?