PDA

View Full Version : Thunder need to trade Westbrook.

G-Funk
01-30-2014, 02:36 PM
He's a player of great value, but the Thunder are playing very well with Durant running the show on the perimeter. Now imagine this teams version with a legitimate low post threat? instant ring.

SpecialQue
01-30-2014, 02:36 PM
:facepalm

imdaman99
01-30-2014, 02:39 PM
:lol

Get it done, Presti

Preferably to the Knicks. Although they don't have low post threats. Melo can become one :pimp:

SpecialQue
01-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Westbrook for Amare?

navy
01-30-2014, 02:44 PM
You idiots are so reactionary. The Thunder without Westbrook are going nowhere. Durant will not average 30 on 50% in the playoffs for 4 straight series. He better pray they dont play memphis in the first round.

imdaman99
01-30-2014, 02:45 PM
Westbrook for Amare?
Get it done.

Amare + Chandler + whoever else for Westbrook and Perkins...

LONGTIME
01-30-2014, 02:48 PM
He better pray they dont play memphis in the first round.

:rolleyes:

SpecialQue

What's with the :rolleyes: ? The Grizzlies are a great team.

Milbuck
Westbrook and Lamb for Caron Butler and Luke Ridnour

Mr Exlax
01-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Do you guys remember how good those Cavs teams looked in the regular season? Or how good those Bulls teams looked in the regular season? They will need Westbrook come playoff time. Teams aren't gameplanning against anybody right now. They don't have time to focus soley on one game. Come on man.

navy
01-30-2014, 02:49 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1608545/XRFVLZl.gif

G-Funk
01-30-2014, 02:50 PM
You idiots are so reactionary. The Thunder without Westbrook are going nowhere. Durant will not average 30 on 50% in the playoffs for 4 straight series. He better pray they dont play memphis in the first round.
But with a PF who can put up 20+ And 10 rbs over 50% will be better.

navy
01-30-2014, 02:53 PM
But with a PF who can put up 20+ And 10 rbs over 50% will be better.

There is nobody in the league that could do that playing with the Thunder.

Unless they traded Ibaka as well.

LONGTIME
01-30-2014, 02:56 PM
What's with the :rolleyes: ? The Grizzlies are a great team.

Solid team but they beat OKC without Westbrook. Would you say had it been Gasol that went down with a knee injury and the Thunder had won that series that the Grizz should pray they don't meet OKC in the playoffs this year?

sd3035
01-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Westbrook is awesome, you saw what happened to the Thunder in the playoffs without him

jzek
01-30-2014, 02:58 PM
for Rondo

navy
01-30-2014, 02:59 PM
for Rondo
Rondo sucks. Post ACL injury

SpecialQue
01-30-2014, 03:00 PM
Solid team but they beat OKC without Westbrook. Would you say had it been Gasol that went down with a knee injury and the Thunder had won that series that the Grizz should pray they don't meet OKC in the playoffs this year?

No, because without Gasol, the Grizzlies can't win for shit. That's just how this team is built.

However, the point of this thread was that the Thunder need Westbrook to win the championship, and I agree. If they didn't have him, and they faced the Grizzlies again, they may have a better chance of winning with Durant, but the Grizzlies are capable of beating them again.

The Thunder with Durant and Westbrook would probably beat the Grizzlies again, but don't forget that the last time they matched up the Grizzlies took them to seven games. They're not a team to disregard.

christian1923
01-30-2014, 03:00 PM
for Rondo
Terrible.

Rondo and sefolosha backcourt?

2 dudes that can't shoot

iamgine
01-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Russell Westbrook for Greg Monroe and Brandon Jennings

oarabbus
01-30-2014, 03:03 PM

:oldlol:

No-Westbrook Thunder probably get swept going up vs. the Grizzlies. Probably 5 games if they're lucky. You can't be serious :facepalm

Apparently this topic is full of people who think regular season basketball is the same as playoff basketball.

G-Funk
01-30-2014, 03:04 PM
There is nobody in the league that could do that playing with the Thunder.

Unless they traded Ibaka as well.
I was thinking Pau Gasol. Sike

Crafty
01-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Thunder without Westbrook is like Cleveland in the Lebron's days.

Come playoffs time, they'll need him badly.

Draz
01-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Thunder without Westbrook is like Cleveland in the Lebron's days.

Come playoffs time, they'll need him badly.
Basically. I don't get why you people wish to assume the team would be better without him when he clearly is required come post season.

LONGTIME
01-30-2014, 03:15 PM
:oldlol:

No-Westbrook Thunder probably get swept going up vs. the Grizzlies. Probably 5 games if they're lucky. You can't be serious :facepalm

Apparently this topic is full of people who think regular season basketball is the same as playoff basketball.

:biggums: That eye roll was assuming they have a healthy Russ back. So no they shouldn't be praying they don't meet Memphis in the playoffs. OKC at full strength isn't scared of anyone.

DMAVS41
01-30-2014, 03:20 PM
No.

What they need to do is package that Dallas first round pick with Thabo's expiring contract, and perhaps Perry Jones...and maybe another pick for a player right now.

It would be a huge mistake, in my opinion, for Presti to sit on that pick and not trade it this year. I think planning for the future is always important, but the Thunder can win right now...and if they added a guy like Afflalo...they'd be clear favorites with Westbrook healthy...and would be good enough to win it all even without Westbrook

FlagrantOne
01-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Thunder would be better with a pass first PG

pauk
01-30-2014, 03:23 PM
OKC are not better without a guy who was top 5 MVP just before injury & arguably best PG..... the only thing Westbrook's absence benefits is KD's stats.

navy
01-30-2014, 03:25 PM

The thunder are fine the way they are. Durant has improved his play making enough.

oarabbus
01-30-2014, 03:27 PM
:biggums: That eye roll was assuming they have a healthy Russ back. So no they shouldn't be praying they don't meet Memphis in the playoffs. OKC at full strength isn't scared of anyone.

:cheers:

Sorry, thought you were agreeing with OP that Westbrook needs to go

I.R.Beast
01-30-2014, 03:29 PM
Was waiting for one of these posts.... smh.... They need westbrook for the playoffs... It sends reggie jackson back to the bench thus making there bench even stronger... It gives KD a reliable number 2 so that he doesnt have to log 46.5 minutes a game in a series anymore so that he can actually have the energy to close. Westbrook is a top 10 player in the league... trading him makes no sense... He has an advantage every night at pg, regardless of the team they play... As great as KD has been do you really think he can play out of his mind like this every game of a series?

veilside23
01-30-2014, 03:30 PM

Rondo and Sully for westbrook? :D

no i think they are fine with westbrook ... but i think Durant needs to have a prime Dfish on his team... even without brook with prime Dfish ... :pimp

scm5
01-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Kemba Walker + Al Jefferson for Russell Westbrook + Kendrick Perkins + Jeremy Lamb

Walker/Jackson
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Jefferson

I.R.Beast
01-30-2014, 03:32 PM
OKC are not better without a guy who was top 5 MVP just before injury & arguably best PG..... the only thing Westbrook's absence benefits is KD's stats.

can't believe I'm co-signing pauk , but he is absolutely right... westbrook at KD combine for 50 a night...you dont just trade away 21-5-8 ....plus westbrook is a tenacious perimeter defender....when he and KD are both on the thunder are unstoppable.

ABG
01-30-2014, 03:41 PM
lay off the crack.

All Net
01-30-2014, 03:54 PM
This crap needs to end.. OKC need Westbrook to win it all. He is a huge part of what they do. He's a top 5-7 player when heathly.

el gringos
01-30-2014, 04:01 PM
OKC gets Rondo, shumpert, Tyson chandler

Suns get Jeff green

Boston gets 2 Phoenix 1sts, OKC 1st, ny 1st, t hardaway jr, p jones 3, amare, okafor

Knicks get WESTBROOK, k Perkins, g Wallace, humphries

ispin69
01-30-2014, 04:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lrahry5

inb4 why would they trade with each other

Ancient Legend
01-30-2014, 04:04 PM
OKC gets Rondo, shumpert, Tyson chandler

Suns get Jeff green

Boston gets 2 Phoenix 1sts, OKC 1st, ny 1st, t hardaway jr, p jones 3, amare, okafor

Knicks get WESTBROOK, k Perkins, g Wallace, humphries

The Suns get raped here.

shaq2000
01-30-2014, 04:06 PM
We'll do you a solid and give you Pau Gasol and salary fillers for him, k?

Professor Griff
01-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Yep, really smart idea to trade a top 10 player (who you absolutely need to contend) when his value is lowest. People consistently underrate Westbrook's value.

Have fun making it through the West with a starting backcourt of Reggie Jackson and Thabo.

scm5
01-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Yep, really smart idea to trade a top 10 player (who you absolutely need to contend) when his value is lowest. People consistently underrate Westbrook's value.

Have fun making it through the West with a starting backcourt of Reggie Jackson and Thabo.

Thabo doesn't even get the bulk of the minutes anymore. Lamb has developed quite nicely for OKC.

Reggie Jackson also isn't the problem at starting PG. He actually does really well for OKC. The only problem is he doesn't have a back up.

I suggested that OKC would benefit by trading Westbrook, Perk, and Lamb for Al Jefferson and Kemba Walker because I truly believe it would benefit both teams. Charlotte gets an actual superstar player to build around and a good young prospect in Lamb. Meanwhile, OKC gets the post-up big they need along with a really good starting PG in Kemba.

Kemba and Jefferson were a mismatched pairing on the Bobcats anyways because Jefferson is at the point in his career where he needs to be on a contender and Kemba is still developing.

imdaman99
01-30-2014, 05:22 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/realistic-trade-russell-westbrook-save-york-knicks-163000701--nba.html

Westbrook, Perkins, and a 2nd round pick for Chandler, Shump, Felton, and the right to switch future 1st round picks

:lol there is no way OKC does that

As a Knicks fan, I salivate even though they get Perkins. But that 2nd round pick, yeah baby yeah! Can't wait :rockon:

Dave3
01-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Westbrook and Lamb for Caron Butler and Luke Ridnour
Thought you were a Bucks fan? Terrible trade. If they don't at least throw in Ibaka, you're giving up way too much.

Dave3
01-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Jokes aside, you think with the way OKC (more specifically Durant and Reggie Jackson) have been playing, that it may have crossed Presti's mind that maybe trading Westbrook might benefit the team? Obviously he won't do it, but I think that it at least crossed his mind...

shrempf_on_rice
01-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Actually OP is right. In the playoffs where they like to turn it into half court games you need a low post player. KD as great as he is, cannot win a championship as the only scoring threat from the perimeter. Ibaka is not a back to the basket type of player. What OKC needs is a Gasol type of player to play the low post. Imagine if OKC had a Gasol or Love, that would almost guarantee a championship.

All Net
01-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Actually OP is right. In the playoffs where they like to turn it into half court games you need a low post player. KD as great as he is, cannot win a championship as the only scoring threat from the perimeter. Ibaka is not a back to the basket type of player. What OKC needs is a Gasol type of player to play the low post. Imagine if OKC had a Gasol or Love, that would almost guarantee a championship.

Considering Indy are the only top contender with a true low post threat not having one isn't going to cost them winning a title.

Nick Young
01-30-2014, 05:41 PM
He's a player of great value, but the Thunder are playing very well with Durant running the show on the perimeter. Now imagine this teams version with a legitimate low post threat? instant ring.
Sounds like Pau Gasol. He already has championship experience as well. GET IT DONE PRESTI

Nick Young
01-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Considering Indy are the only top contender with a true low post threat not having one isn't going to cost them winning a title.
Except for Tim Duncan and Lemarcus Aldridge doe.

navy
01-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Tim Duncan....

DMAVS41
01-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Jokes aside, you think with the way OKC (more specifically Durant and Reggie Jackson) have been playing, that it may have crossed Presti's mind that maybe trading Westbrook might benefit the team? Obviously he won't do it, but I think that it at least crossed his mind...

Nah, because you almost always need two stars or two all nba type players on a team to win.

So unless you are getting back one for Westbrook...what is the point?

And what position? You wouldn't trade him for a pg, sg, sf, or pf....so it's only a center.

navy
01-30-2014, 05:53 PM
The thudner have as good a squad as they are going to get. They just need to execute in the playoffs and have everyone healthy. They arent getting any better with a trade.

DMAVS41
01-30-2014, 05:56 PM
The thudner have as good a squad as they are going to get. They just need to execute in the playoffs and have everyone healthy. They arent getting any better with a trade.

They could definitely get better at the deadline by trade Thabo's expiring contract, Perry Jones, and the Dallas first round pick

Not exactly sure what they could get, but they could definitely get better. And they should make a trade. It would be so pointless to sit and do nothing with the kind of assets they have.

Afflalo is a guy that comes up a lot. The Thunder could offer two first round picks, Thabo's expiring contract, and Perry Jones.

I think both teams would be incredibly stupid not to do a deal like that.

All Net
01-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Tim Duncan....

I love Tim but he's at the age where he can no longer hurt you consistantly downlow. Not that he should at age 38.

All Net
01-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Except for Tim Duncan and Lemarcus Aldridge doe.

Sure if you consider Portland a contender this year.

navy
01-30-2014, 06:03 PM
They could definitely get better at the deadline by trade Thabo's expiring contract, Perry Jones, and the Dallas first round pick

Not exactly sure what they could get, but they could definitely get better. And they should make a trade. It would be so pointless to sit and do nothing with the kind of assets they have.

Afflalo is a guy that comes up a lot. The Thunder could offer two first round picks, Thabo's expiring contract, and Perry Jones.

I think both teams would be incredibly stupid not to do a deal like that.

The only perimeter defender they have is Thabo......

He's not leaving.

navy
01-30-2014, 06:04 PM
I love Tim but he's at the age where he can no longer hurt you consistantly downlow. Not that he should at age 38.
Except he can. Down low is the only place he is useful.

G-Funk
01-30-2014, 06:07 PM

excactly my point. The reason why Pacers have a shot and Spurs made the finals last year, is because both teams have a low post presence. And is another reason why Heat are dying for a true center.

DMAVS41
01-30-2014, 06:08 PM
The only perimeter defender they have is Thabo......

He's not leaving.

What?

You would replace him with a better player. Please don't act like Thabo and his horrid shooting this year are some integral part of this Thunder team. Yes, he's a good defender, but he's not a great defender in my opinion. Also, what you say isn't even true. Durant plays solid perimeter defense...and so does Westbrook...in fact, Westbrook is borderline great defensively.

He's on an expiring contract and would be perfect to pair with their draft picks and young talent to go after a better player.

You seriously wouldn't do Thabo, Jones, and a couple first round picks for Afflalo? The Thunder immediately go to true favorites and it allows them to potentially win it all even without Westbrook.

funnystuff
01-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Such a huge over reaction considering its STILL the regular season.

navy
01-30-2014, 06:13 PM
What?

You would replace him with a better player. Please don't act like Thabo and his horrid shooting this year are some integral part of this Thunder team. Yes, he's a good defender, but he's not a great defender in my opinion. Also, what you say isn't even true. Durant plays solid perimeter defense...and so does Westbrook...in fact, Westbrook is borderline great defensively.

He's on an expiring contract and would be perfect to pair with their draft picks and young talent to go after a better player.

You seriously wouldn't do Thabo, Jones, and a couple first round picks for Afflalo? The Thunder immediately go to true favorites and it allows them to potentially win it all even without Westbrook.

Except Durant never consistently guards the opposing teams best player. Thabo does. They throw Thabo on Lebron James to Tony Parker. Westbrook is a solid defender, but he can only guard point guards and small two guards.

The Thunder are not giving up Jones, Thabo and couple first rounds picks for Afflalo. It just isnt happening.

All Net
01-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Except he can. Down low is the only place he is useful.

He can in spurts, nothing more.

shrempf_on_rice
01-30-2014, 06:18 PM
excactly my point. The reason why Pacers have a shot and Spurs made the finals last year, is because both teams have a low post presence. And is another reason why Heat are dying for a true center.

I believe they could've gotten much more for the Harden trade. When you've made it to the Finals and still have your young superstars, you don't trade for picks or same type of players coming back. You trade for what will get you over the hump, which was/is a back to the basket low post player.

Remember how they won Game 1 of 2012 NBA Finals, when they were using Nick Collison more in the half court offense. Then Games 2,3,4, and 5 they played into Lebron and DWades strengths which was fast run and gun type of game.

DMAVS41
01-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Except Durant never consistently guards the opposing teams best player. Thabo does. They throw Thabo on Lebron James to Tony Parker. Westbrook is a solid defender, but he can only guard point guards and small two guards.

The Thunder are not giving up Jones, Thabo and couple first rounds picks for Afflalo. It just isnt happening.

They may not make that trade, but if they don't and they could...it's a horrible decision.

Afflalo plays quality defense and is light years better than Thabo offensively. Especially when it comes to shooting...Afflalo would give the Thunder so much flexibility.

With Lamb improving and his ability to play sg/sf like Thabo...it makes him even more irrelevant.

The future is set for the Thunder. They should try and win now...holding on to future draft picks is pointless. That is Presti's major flaw so far in my opinion....he's too satisfied with the team they currently have. He has assets to make them better currently and he's sitting on them.

knicksman
01-30-2014, 06:20 PM
the problem is not really westbrook but brooks or durant who cant hold him. Hopefully would make westbrook realize hes expendable if he wont play within the team concept

Sharmer
01-30-2014, 06:21 PM
would be a good move.

navy
01-30-2014, 06:22 PM
They may not make that trade, but if they don't and they could...it's a horrible decision.

Afflalo plays quality defense and is light years better than Thabo offensively. Especially when it comes to shooting...Afflalo would give the Thunder so much flexibility.

With Lamb improving and his ability to play sg/sf like Thabo...it makes him even more irrelevant.

The future is set for the Thunder. They should try and win now...holding on to future draft picks is pointless. That is Presti's major flaw so far in my opinion....he's too satisfied with the team they currently have. He has assets to make them better currently and he's sitting on them.

We shall see. I think the Thunder value their picks more than another contender would.

DMAVS41
01-30-2014, 06:28 PM
We shall see. I think the Thunder value their picks more than another contender would.

I know they do...and that is the problem in my opinion. Presti is looking a little too much to the future.

Why not just go all in over the next 3 years as much as possible to win now...and then see what happens. It's not like they would be giving up that much for the future anyway. One of the picks would be from Dallas as well. And Thabo/Jones are really not even relevant to be honest going forward. Well, Thabo certainly isn't...and while Jones is solid and has potential...you'd never hold onto him for the sake of the future when you can get better now.

Especially with Westbrook's health an issue. Why not make a move now with all those assets they've built up. You don't get a chance to win the title every year...

outbreak
01-30-2014, 06:40 PM
I know they do...and that is the problem in my opinion. Presti is looking a little too much to the future.

Why not just go all in over the next 3 years as much as possible to win now...and then see what happens. It's not like they would be giving up that much for the future anyway. One of the picks would be from Dallas as well. And Thabo/Jones are really not even relevant to be honest going forward. Well, Thabo certainly isn't...and while Jones is solid and has potential...you'd never hold onto him for the sake of the future when you can get better now.

Especially with Westbrook's health an issue. Why not make a move now with all those assets they've built up. You don't get a chance to win the title every year...

afflalos shown so much improvement this season in his play making as well, they'd have to be on the phone to try and get him you'd think

maybeshewill13
01-30-2014, 06:47 PM
Laughing my balls of at the trade proposals in this thread, as well as OP :facepalm

G-Funk
01-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Laughing my balls of at the trade proposals in this thread, as well as OP :facepalm

Ur an idiot if u think an inside threat is not better for the team

Mr. Jabbar
01-30-2014, 06:52 PM
westbrook is awesome, but the way durant is playing right now, WB should lesser his role, durant is on a level of greatness where he needs and deserves a lot of touches

hitmanyr2k
01-30-2014, 07:10 PM
the problem is not really westbrook but brooks or durant who cant hold him. Hopefully would make westbrook realize hes expendable if he wont play within the team concept

Agreed. I hope Westbrook has learned a thing or two while he's been out. If he comes back with the same old inefficient, low IQ chucking game he's always had OKC is going to lose regardless. Brooks is too spineless (or brainless) to reel Westbrook in from playing like an idiot at times. I remember back in LA's championship years in the early 2000's there was an article on Kobe when he got hurt and watched LA play a lot better without him. Before he got hurt Kobe was pissing everyone off shotjacking trying to take the reins from Shaq. While he was on the bench recovering he saw the ball move a lot better and the team was happier and winning so when he came back he played the facilitator role a lot better with a balanced scoring attack. Westbrook needs to do the same.

BigMacAttack
01-30-2014, 07:15 PM
You're a GM and you have been given a prime Kobe or Dwade to start a franchise, do you pair them with a prime Westbrook or a prime Pau Gasol?? Its not exactly rocket science here...

I said in another thread if they cant win with Russ this year they should be lloking at moving him, it would be stupid not to consider it atleast.

Sharmer
01-30-2014, 07:19 PM
You're a GM and you have been given a prime Kobe or Dwade to start a franchise, do you pair them with a prime Westbrook or a prime Pau Gasol?? Its not exactly rocket science here...

I said in another thread if they cant win with Russ this year they should be lloking at moving him, it would be stupid not to consider it atleast.

OKC should be looking to build a dynasty, getting rid of Westbrook would be good idea if they could get a decent centre. This is the first requisite of dynasty , a good centre.

I'm kind of more interested if Bynum would take the vet's minimum for OKC.

BigMacAttack
01-30-2014, 07:23 PM
OKC should be looking to build a dynasty, getting rid of Westbrook would be good idea if they could get a decent centre. This is the first requisite of dynasty , a good centre.

They would be ridiculous with a good centre, i dont know if Bynums the guy but it would be interesting.

Dave3
01-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Nah, because you almost always need two stars or two all nba type players on a team to win.

So unless you are getting back one for Westbrook...what is the point?

And what position? You wouldn't trade him for a pg, sg, sf, or pf....so it's only a center.
I meant an all star yeah. As for who though, I wouldn't know. I'm sure Westbrook is worth more than players like Al Jefferson, Millsap, Noah (though not to the Bulls if they expect Rose back), Pekovic, etc. Not necessarily all stars, but very good centers (for this league) so they can get a bundle for him.

Again, I'm saying it's never going to happen, just thinking out loud.

Fiasco
01-30-2014, 07:44 PM
when you're a championship calibre team and you can trade away one of the best point guards in the league, you've gotta do it

G-Funk
02-01-2014, 05:31 AM

I think Bobcats will do a Al Jefferson deal. Even take Perkins from them.

Westbrook(25): 23/7/5 on 42/30/80

Jefferson(28): 20/11/2 on 49/00/70

Thunderstruck
02-01-2014, 06:37 AM
News flash morons, the Thunder had a better record with Westbrook. The vast majority of you weren't paying attention until Durant started going off. I'm so glad the fools in this thread are not the GM for the Thunder.

As for the guy who brought up trading Perry Jones and Thabo for Afflalo, you bring up a valid point, but I think Brooks believes he can win with the guys on the roster as is and Perry Jones provides a different look off the bench with his versatility as you saw when we played the Heat. In the end, I think the Thunder stand pat and don't mess with the amazing chemistry they have built throughout the year.

MichaelCorleone
02-01-2014, 06:54 AM
Wade for Westbrook straight up, since OKC fans are always saying how Wade is a better than Westbrook.

Doctor Jay
02-01-2014, 07:43 AM
I don't really see any kind of need to change this team right now but scared what will happen if westbrook returns and durant hit another streak

Bandito
02-01-2014, 07:54 AM
WestBrook and Durant remind me of MJ and Pippen alot. I expect big things for them as they actually play well together.

moe94
02-01-2014, 08:20 AM
when you're a championship calibre team and you can trade away one of the best point guards in the league, you've gotta do it
:roll:

DMAVS41
02-01-2014, 10:44 AM
I would not trade WB like I have said before, but if the following were to happen I might do it. And it's actually pretty realistic...although I think the Thunder can improve by trading some future picks to get better now and that is what I would do.

However, if Presti refuses to trade future picks...the following is really good for every team in my opinion;

Thunder get;

Jameer Nelson, Afflalo, Asik, and the Magic first round pick from this year unprotected

Rockets get;

Thabo's expiring contract, Glen Davis, 1 future first round pick from Magic (top 5 protected for 3 years or something), the Dallas first round pick from Thunder

Magic get;

Westbrook and Perkins

The deal works in terms of money. Rockets get their asking price for Asik. Thunder shed the Perkins contract and get everything they need. A better sg to replace Thabo, a solid backup pg on an expiring deal, and a great defensive center to pair with Adams. They also have financial flexibility as Nelson expires after this year and Asik expires after next year. And Afflalo has an option after next year as well.

Magic get WB and while they have to take on Perkins contract...he expires after next year. They move forward with WB, Oladipo, and Vucevic...they also shed Davis and have a ton of cap space this summer now.

I still wouldn't trade WB, but this deal would at least give me pause because I think it makes the Thunder better for sure over the next 2 years...and keeps my options open. However, the downside is that you lose a true superstar.

But honestly, any team would trade 2 first round picks for a true superstar at age 25 like WB. Losing Afflalo doesn't hurt the Magic at all as they are going to lose him after next year anyway...so it's a huge win for them as they dump the Davis contract as well.

Rockets do this for sure. An expiring contract and two first round picks for a player that wants out...no brainer...even with having to take on Davis. He expires after next year and will be absolutely movable this summer.

As much as I love WB...the Thunder would have to do this trade. Afflalo and Asik give them a better chance to win this year and next...and they'd also net a top 5 or so draft pick this year as well. I don't think you could turn that down.

Obviously this won't happen, but it's a trade that actually can happen based on the money (not sure about the draft pick stuff, but it seems there are ways to do that even in the new CBA)

ripthekik
02-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Westbrook for al jefferson will be amazing :eek:

wally_world
02-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Only guys you can trade Westbrook for if you're OKC

LeBron duh
Paul George
LaMarcus Aldridge
CP3

VIntageNOvel
02-01-2014, 12:46 PM
westbrook and perkins + thunder's 1st round pick
for
afflalo and vucevic

who say no?

Reggie
Afflalo
Durant
Ibaka
Vucevic

bench: Lamb

but seriously, they got like ton of picks, they dont need to trade goatbrook, just stop being cheap and get a capable big

or Westbrook + Perkins

for

Rondo and 1st round pick

package all the available pick for monroe

imdaman99
02-01-2014, 12:54 PM
for
afflalo and vucevic

who say no?

Reggie
Afflalo
Durant
Ibaka
Vucevic

but seriously, they got like ton of picks, they dont need to trade goatbrook, just stop being cheap and get a capable big

or Westbrook + Perkins

for

Rondo and 1st round pick

Westbrook is better than Aflalo and Vucevic combined, yet you have OKC throwing in a 1st round pick :roll:

VIntageNOvel
02-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Westbrook is better than Aflalo and Vucevic combined, yet you have OKC throwing in a 1st round pick :roll:

perkins doe

VIntageNOvel
02-01-2014, 01:04 PM
okay how bout love or pekovic + rubio for westbrook + 1st round pick
(love will leave anyway, and thunder has the best record, their 1st round pick is kinda worthless)

WillyJakk
02-01-2014, 01:06 PM
We wouldn't trade our 1st RD Pick and miss out on the opportunity to get Joel Embiid for Russell Westbrook so this trade is D.O.A. for the Magic and likely OKC, too.

We're not a contender yet and don't plan on being one for a few more years at least.

IncarceratedBob
02-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Westbrook, Thabo, 1st for Pekovic Rubio and Afflalo

imdaman99
02-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Love + Rubio for Westbrook + 1st sounds more even

But is Love gonna wanna stay in OKC? I thought he was bolting to the Lakers + is friends with Westbrook.

DMAVS41
02-01-2014, 01:13 PM
for
afflalo and vucevic

who say no?

Reggie
Afflalo
Durant
Ibaka
Vucevic

or Westbrook + Perkins

for

Rondo and 1st round pick

are you serious? nobody would do Westbrook for Afflalo and Vucivic straight up.

That is a horrid trade. WB is worth so much more than that. Maybe Afflalo, Vucevic, and this years pick or something...

DMAVS41
02-01-2014, 01:18 PM
We wouldn't trade our 1st RD Pick and miss out on the opportunity to get Joel Embiid for Russell Westbrook so this trade is D.O.A. for the Magic and likely OKC, too.

We're not a contender yet and don't plan on being one for a few more years at least.

Wait. You're telling me that you wouldn't trade your pick this year for Westbrook?

Are you serious?

The dude is already a true superstar and just turned 25. That would be absurd.

Westbrook is easily worth more than two first round picks and Afflalo. I can't believe Magic fans would turn that down. Afflalo is gone after next year anyway as your franchise is jacking up his value (if you guys don't trade him before the deadline it will be retarded)...so you aren't going to resign Afflalo anyway. Core of WB, Oladipo, and Vucevic with a lot of cap space moving forward. And WB is on 4 year deal as well so he's locked in for a while.

With that pick this year...you are praying that you get a player 80% as good as Westbrook. That would be likely the best case scenario.

VIntageNOvel
02-01-2014, 01:25 PM
are you serious? nobody would do Westbrook for Afflalo and Vucivic straight up.

That is a horrid trade.

perkins value is minus :facepalm > you need to throw at least mid 1st round pick to get rid of him, (and thunder's 1st round pick is kinda worthless), so this trade actually worse for orlando than a straight up trade

you got a 23 years old legit 7 footer who put 13/11/1,2 stl/ 1 block in 31 minutes
and afflalo is one of the best (if not the best) SG this season, great defender, on his prime

getting both increase OKC chance by miles

and you can ask orlando fans, i dont think half of them would trade both afflalo and vucevic for WB straight up

VIntageNOvel
02-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Wait. You're telling me that you wouldn't trade your pick this year for Westbrook?

Are you serious?

Westbrook is easily worth more than two first round picks and Afflalo. I can't believe Magic fans would turn that down. Afflalo is gone after next year anyway as your franchise is jacking up his value (if you guys don't trade him before the deadline it will be retarded)...so you aren't going to resign Afflalo anyway. Core of WB, Oladipo, and Vucevic with a lot of cap space moving forward. And WB is on 4 year deal as well so he's locked in for a while.

With that pick this year...you are praying that you get a player 80% as good as Westbrook. That would be likely the best case scenario.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317165

DaOldLion
02-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Overreaction, knee jerk reaction as always...

no OKC should not trade Westbrook, he's a top 5 talent. You don't trade those players..

this is ridiculous. All of the propsed trades have OKC getting back picks and role players :rolleyes: The last thing OKC should be concerned about right now is draft picks

DMAVS41
02-01-2014, 01:39 PM
perkins value is minus :facepalm > you need to throw at least mid 1st round pick to get rid of him, (and thunder's 1st round pick is kinda worthless), so this trade actually worse for orlando than a straight up trade

you got a 23 years old legit 7 footer who put 13/11/1,2 stl/ 1 block in 31 minutes
and afflalo is one of the best (if not the best) SG this season, great defender, on his prime

getting both increase OKC chance by miles

and you can ask orlando fans, i dont think half of them would trade both afflalo and vucevic for WB straight up

and that is retarded. can't explain to you how dumb it would be to refuse a trade like that.

Bless Mathews
02-01-2014, 01:43 PM
I tried to poast two threads about this and got deleted. Smh

Team sports have chemistry. We are witnessing Durant with no restraints.

The only thing that can stop Westbrook is a shooting point guard.

Trade Westbrook for a pure point guard and an athletic big.

Yea, they didn't do so good in playoffs Cus injury happened then. Didn't grave time as a TEAM to find chemistry.

Durant is so good. Goat status.

Trade Westbrook, Nd let the new king of his thing.

DMAVS41
02-01-2014, 01:44 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317165

????

I don't care what other people are saying. You do not hold onto hope for a draft pick if you could get a superstar that just turned 25 years old.

And there is no "sure thing" like Lebron in this draft class anyway so it's pointless to even debate it.

Fans just don't get it. Afflalo is a solid player that has no future in Orlando. I hope you realize this. Your team is driving up his value quite a bit...and if they don't capitalize on that this year...it's a huge mistake. Afflalo can opt out after next season, as he will, and he'll demand way too high a price for the Magic to pay him. Unless, of course, they are stupid enough to actually try and build a team around him...as he's not nearly good enough for that...LOL

The best thing Orlando can do now is trade Afflalo before the deadline and get as much back as possible. I'd trade him for the dallas pick from the Thunder, Thabo's expiring contract, and Perry Jones.

But in this WB scenario that I presented. Trading afflalo, nelson, and davis (all have no future in Orlando in any meaningful way) and two first round picks for a top 7 player in the NBA...you ****ing do it and laugh all the way to the bank.

SMH at people getting all worked up over a player putting up good stats on one of the worst teams in the league. Afflalo is simply over-valued right now by Orlando fans and the league in general (aside from the smart gm's)...but they really should trade him regardless of this WB stuff. Shit...Eric Gordon got like 15 million a year for playing about as well as Afflalo is right now. The Magic don't want to pay (at least they shouldn't) him like 10 to 12 million over 4 years or something. Trade him now while his value is this high and get back what you can.

VIntageNOvel
02-01-2014, 01:52 PM
????

I don't care what other people are saying. You do not hold onto hope for a draft pick if you could get a superstar that just turned 25 years old.

And there is no "sure thing" like Lebron in this draft class anyway so it's pointless to even debate it.

Fans just don't get it. Afflalo is a solid player that has no future in Orlando. I hope you realize this. Your team is driving up his value quite a bit...and if they don't capitalize on that this year...it's a huge mistake. Afflalo can opt out after next season, as he will, and he'll demand way too high a price for the Magic to pay him. Unless, of course, they are stupid enough to actually try and build a team around him...as he's not nearly good enough for that...LOL

The best thing Orlando can do now is trade Afflalo before the deadline and get as much back as possible. I'd trade him for the dallas pick from the Thunder, Thabo's expiring contract, and Perry Jones.

But in this WB scenario that I presented. Trading afflalo, nelson, and davis (all have no future in Orlando in any meaningful way) and two first round picks for a top 7 player in the NBA...you ****ing do it and laugh all the way to the bank.

dafuq with the essay:wtf:

i gave you a link,as a reference, so you wouldnt be so surprised with how much people value this year draft
and if you spend a little time reading those link instead of typing those essay (sensitive much),
you can see how i stated that i wont trade westbrook tier for #1 pick in the op
oh and if you dont care about what people saying, messageboard is not really a good place for you

Are you serious?

Fudge
02-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Why the PHUCK would we trade Westbrook?

Somebody answer that.

Please.

I'm waiting.

DMAVS41
02-01-2014, 01:55 PM
dafuq with the essay:wtf:

i gave you a link,as a reference, so you wouldnt be so surprised with how much people value this year draft
and if you spend a little time reading those link instead of typing those essay (sensitive much),
you can see how i state that i wont trade westbrook tier for #1 pick in the op

damn sensi much

I didn't even read the link as it's of no relevance to our conversation.

So if you think WB is that valuable. Why would you resist trading Afflalo so much? A player that is gone after next year regardless....

VIntageNOvel
02-01-2014, 02:10 PM
I didn't even read the link as it's of no relevance to our conversation.

So if you think WB is that valuable. Why would you resist trading Afflalo so much? A player that is gone after next year regardless....

of course it had no relevance to our conversation, i gave the link because you looks surprised with willyjack's response,
i think you mixed up my post with him (willyjack),

which part of my post expressing resistance for afflalo trade?
vucevic is the main factor,young, legit big man that okc need, afflalo is just value added, while perkins is perkins

dwight howard for afflalo and unproven-bench warmer -vucevic was a loopside trade
westbrook and perkins for afflalo and a proven-vucevic is not,

at least isnt more retarded than harden for 3 mid 1st round pick and k mart (they are lucky it turns out good for them)

(since we already have discussion about the harden trade before, i will stop at this post)

and vucevic is always beasting against miami
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80v6P-SDXdw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M--Jg__rdDY

and again like i said

its not that i agree with op (to trade westbrook), but at least i gave it a second thought and try to have some discussion instead of dissing it

HoopsFanNumero1
02-01-2014, 02:13 PM
This has to be a contender for the worst thread of all time.

VIntageNOvel
02-01-2014, 02:19 PM
lets keep the thread going

westbrook and ibaka for boogie and isiah:rockon:

chazzy
02-01-2014, 02:24 PM
OKC had the best offense and point differential in the league last year

KG215
02-01-2014, 03:37 PM
OKC had the best offense and point differential in the league last year
Yeah, but just think how much better they would've been without Westbrook holding them back!!

:eek:

Thunderfan86
02-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Yeah, but just think how much better they would've been without Westbrook holding them back!!

:eek:
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

G-Funk
02-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Told you ni99az :oldlol:

bluechox2
02-27-2014, 09:15 PM
westbrook for harden