PDA

View Full Version : You have to like the Indiana Pacers chances at beating Miami and making the finals

jzek
02-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Same team that took Miami to 7 games just added:

* Scola
* Bynum

Plus the return of Granger and the ever improving Stephenson. I just don't see any way for Miami to beat the Indiana.

LeBron needs to think about his future:

* His team doesn't have the height to beat the Pacers
* Wade is done
* Rest of the team is getting old (Allen, Haslem, Lewis, Battier, etc.)

Time for LeBron to start thinking about next year and the rest of his career...

MP.Trey
02-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Oden and Roger Mason Jr. will save them.

Fudge
02-01-2014, 02:48 PM
James Jones and Toney Douglas will save him.

longtime lurker
02-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Take 2 years off to play baseball

Derka
02-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Taking his talents to The Hoosier State?

NumberSix
02-01-2014, 02:56 PM
3peat

Le Shaqtus
02-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Join the Pacers for the Vet min.

NumberSix
02-01-2014, 03:01 PM
InB4 Miami gets Nene or someone for Tony Douglas. I'm sure the Godfather can pull off a ripoff.

Mr. Jabbar
02-01-2014, 03:04 PM
decision 2.0 is inevitable

bran stans in the last weeks have been hammered :oldlol:

moe94
02-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Fans fans are in panic mode.

Twiens
02-01-2014, 03:11 PM
In before Bran demands trade to Indy

MrC1991
02-01-2014, 03:18 PM
lmao poor Bran. Indy vs OKC in the finals?

highwhey
02-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Indy isn't guaranteed to win. They still have a huge hole at the pg position. All those turnovers aren't going to be addressed by Bynum or Scola.

I hope they make it to the finals though.

mentallooser
02-01-2014, 03:27 PM
I still haven't counted out Bynum doing something stupid to mess it up. Here's hoping for the best though....

sportjames23
02-01-2014, 03:30 PM

I see what you did there.

All Net
02-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Indy isn't guaranteed to win. They still have a huge hole at the pg position. All those turnovers aren't going to be addressed by Bynum or Scola.

nobody is guaranteed to win.

Durant and George are my two favourites players so I hope this is the match-up. Just for something different if anything too.

ProfessorMurder
02-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Question is, do they move Mahinmi, Hill, CJ, or Granger to shore up the team? Or go for it as is?

Inferno
02-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Pacers/Heat ECF should be crazy

Prometheus
02-01-2014, 03:33 PM

I'd much rather see him try to play football.

FLDFSU
02-01-2014, 03:37 PM
nobody is guaranteed to win.

Durant and George are my two favourites players so I hope this is the match-up. Just for something different if anything too.

Yep. The let the bandwagon commence! Now Durant and George are everyone's favorite...What a surprise!

Let me guess, Rose was your favorite at the beginning of the season?

All Net
02-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Yep. The let the bandwagon commence! Now Durant and George are everyone's favorite...What a surprise!

Let me guess, Rose was your favorite at the beginning of the season?

Yeah it has nothing to do with the fact they are very exciting players to watch? nah that couldn't be it?

:facepalm

Considering my favourite player is out hurt and my team stinks why wouldn't I want this match-up? doesn't mean it will happen but can be hope.

All Net
02-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Question is, do they move Mahinmi, Hill, CJ, or Granger to shore up the team? Or go for it as is?

Doubt they make any moves. Funny how Clippers just need a decent back-up C and now Indy have a stacked center rotation.

Al Thorton
02-01-2014, 03:59 PM
anyone arguing this point is a fool. maybe you still think the Heat are the favorites but you have to like the Pacers chances

UK2K
02-01-2014, 04:25 PM

PG is the only weak link.

GH is the second best catch and shoot players in the NBA, but thats all he does. His Drtg is 99, his asst rate is low (granted he plays with PG and Stephenson).

A pg who plays defense and can create his own shot, when he needs to (for example, exploiting a mismatch) is all they need.

Get that, and they'll run the NBA for the next two years.

lebron06
02-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Another over reaction thread.. Heats going to the finals u haters say this every year lmao

2swift4u
02-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Indiana is crazy stacked! I think they are the favorites now. Miami only has Lebron and Bosh. Everybody else on the Heat team has been pretty much useless the last couple of weeks!

InspiredLebowski
02-01-2014, 04:33 PM

I hope they make it to the finals though.You should look up Hill's turnover numbers before acting like he's the problem there.

ispin69
02-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Can those young guys handle this cancer? I mean Lebron/Wade/Bosh can handle Beasley/Bynum type cancer. And look how they helped Birdman.

Paul George is so impressionable like getting a dab from Lebron made his whole playoffs last year. Stevenson can turn nuts easily. Hibbert and West might get into squabble/fights with this guy. I will admit Bynum is better than Oden, but both these guys have careers plagued with injuries. They have hibbert and west, why bother getting this guy? Just so Miami can't get him?

UK2K
02-01-2014, 04:41 PM
You should look up Hill's turnover numbers before acting like he's the problem there.
Hills usage rate is 15%. Right at #238 in the league for a starting PG.

Could that be why he averages less TO's?

Again he just catches and shoots. Thats it.

All Net
02-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Can those young guys handle this cancer? I mean Lebron/Wade/Bosh can handle Beasley/Bynum type cancer. And look how they helped Birdman.

Paul George is so impressionable like getting a dab from Lebron made his whole playoffs last year. Stevenson can turn nuts easily. Hibbert and West might get into squabble/fights with this guy. I will admit Bynum is better than Oden, but both these guys have careers plagued with injuries. They have hibbert and west, why bother getting this guy? Just so Miami can't get him?

Bynum is not a trouble maker, if anything he just keeps to himself and doesn't say much to anybody unless he is close enough with them. Thats what was the case in Cleveland. Bynum's problem is the decisions he makes not what he says in terms of team chemistry.

Draz
02-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Bron is leaving that team. There's no way he's staying with old handicap wade when he could find a decent team outside to continue his chasing. I wouldn't blame him either. He did what he had to do. Would of had more rings and if he did he probably would of given it a longer shot with Miami but it seems relevant that he will consider free agency.

ispin69
02-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Bynum is not a trouble maker, if anything he just keeps to himself and doesn't say much to anybody unless he is close enough with them. Thats what was the case in Cleveland. Bynum's problem is the decisions he makes not what he says in terms of team chemistry.

Come on, someone who keeps to themselves gets all but suspended/kicked off the team and traded/waived? Let's not forget the coach's wife rumors. How does that type of thing even get made up and spread? Let's not forget the bowling and girl on his shoulders, the parking in handicap spots, the WHOLE year in Philly he sat out, the talks of retirement and hating basketball. It's never been just one thing.

He'll make a great backup but he could very well be a cancer in the locker room even if you think he just keeps to himself.

HOoopCityJones
02-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Come on, someone who keeps to themselves gets all but suspended/kicked off the team and traded/waived? Let's not forget the coach's wife rumors. How does that type of thing even get made up and spread? Let's not forget the bowling and girl on his shoulders, the parking in handicap spots, the WHOLE year in Philly he sat out, the talks of retirement and hating basketball. It's never been just one thing.

He'll make a great backup but he could very well be a cancer in the locker room even if you think he just keeps to himself.

:biggums: Bynum tried to bang Mike Brown's Wife?

UK2K
02-01-2014, 05:12 PM
:biggums: Bynum tried to bang Mike Brown's Wife?
Did. An assistant. Rumors.

I<3NBA
02-01-2014, 05:13 PM

bran stans in the last weeks have been hammered :oldlol:
your idol has been a cripple for 2 years running. :lol

All Net
02-01-2014, 05:15 PM

Never say he doesn't do stupid stuff, he may say stupid things to the media and other people he did that here but generally he is fairly quiet with team-mates. I honestly don't think he a trouble maker when it comes to his team-mates and causing chemistry issues. That wasn't the main problem in Cleveland.

ispin69
02-01-2014, 05:15 PM
I hope Vogel and Bird keeps their wives at home and away from Bynum :lol

Warfan
02-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Damn the ecf should be sick, only way I see the heat winning is if wade can play close to 2011 level and if lbj plays even better than last year

Warfan
02-01-2014, 05:27 PM
I hope Vogel and Bird keeps their wives at home and away from Bynum :lol

:oldlol:

highwhey
02-01-2014, 05:28 PM
You should look up Hill's turnover numbers before acting like he's the problem there.
What matters is how he reacts to pressure situations in the half court when being defended, he doesn't face them very well and is more like to turn the ball over. Guess who plays great (championship winning) trap/pressure defense? Miami. I've seen enough games where I start cringing at how poorly indiana handles the ball. It's not just Hill, but he's a shooting guard that should not be a starting Point for a contending team.

When you have lebron, aka the king of fastbreaks, playing against a turnover prone team in the ECF, you're likely to stay put if you cant improve ball security. Again, I want indy to win and I was hoping hill would have improved as a point this year but he's playing the wrong position.

Mr Exlax
02-01-2014, 05:37 PM
I had Indy winning it once they got Scola. These hoes have 3 quality starters coming off the bench! LeBron's still the best player, but clearly Indy has to be the best team.

sportjames23
02-01-2014, 06:13 PM
I had Indy winning it once they got Scola. These hoes have 3 quality starters coming off the bench! LeBron's still the best player, but clearly Indy has to be the best team.

Between Miami and Indy, right? Because now Durant's the best player in the game.

moe94
02-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Between Miami and Indy, right? Because now Durant's the best player in the game.

Is Durant better than Kobe was? Serious question I need you to answer.

Micku
02-01-2014, 06:27 PM
If the Pacers get Bynum, I think their chances increases plus homecourt advantage.

Last year, the Heat wasn't healthy. Wade knees were shot and Bosh had a ankle injury. If they are healthy this year, then the Heat could beat them. Plus Oden could help them out a lot if he keeps healthy.

jzek
02-01-2014, 06:35 PM

* Scola
* Bynum

Plus the return of Granger and the ever improving Stephenson.

I just don't see any way for Miami to beat the Indiana.

INDI
02-01-2014, 06:37 PM

Chalmers/Cole is not that much different in production from Hill/Watson

ispin69
02-01-2014, 06:53 PM

* Scola
* Bynum

Plus the return of Granger and the ever improving Stephenson.

I just don't see any way for Miami to beat the Indiana.

Miami just added:

Beasley
Oden

Plus the ever improving Bosh with his 30+ point games here and there plus Toney Douglas and Roger Mason Jr.

JebronLames
02-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Heat in 6. Lebron carries them on his back just like last year.

DMV2
02-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Mario Fcking Chalmers does big things in the playoffs, though.

highwhey
02-01-2014, 08:47 PM
The LeBron exception:

-No rim protector needed
-No point guard needed
-No coach needed

You also have wade who can handle the ball. Paul George is not the playmaker or ball handler that Lebron is.

Blue&Orange
02-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Lebron James will be a Pacer next year. Cause that

NumberSix
02-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Heat in 5. They won't give Indy any freebies like they did last year.

GOATbe
02-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Honestly think Pacers will sweep. George will lock down Lebron. Granger will dominate wade or whoever. Hibbert/Bynum will eat them alive inside. :applause:

bisk
02-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Somehow, the Heat will find a way to win, and people are gonna have to find a way to live with that.

jzek
02-02-2014, 02:06 AM
Somehow, the Heat will find a way to win, and people are gonna have to find a way to live with that.

Nice reverse jinx from a CLE fan :lol

BlackVVaves
02-02-2014, 02:25 AM
Miami is still the favorites in the East. I'm sure if I checked Vegas, Miami would still be leading the odds as favorites to win the title.

Indy potentially has either improved or derailed their chances. Only time will tell. Also, as long as George Hill is starting for the Pacers, they will always have a glaring flaw.

BlackVVaves
02-02-2014, 02:28 AM
Honestly think Pacers will sweep. George will lock down Lebron. Granger will dominate wade or whoever. Hibbert/Bynum will eat them alive inside. :applause:

Granger can't even dominate scrub bench players, but he's going to dominate the Heat? :cheers:

MichaelCorleone
02-02-2014, 03:13 AM
Heat in 6.

aj1987
02-02-2014, 03:22 AM
Didn't George try to do that last season in the ECF?

DonDadda59
02-02-2014, 03:32 AM

Hopefully he gets a better wardrobe designer for the next one. Last time he went on National TV looking like he just came back from an Al Borland fan convention :lol

http://conniedieken.com/images/uploads/blogimg/LeBron-decision1.jpg

http://www.beautymagzine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Richard-Karn-Beard-Style.jpg

Fresh Kid
02-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Its not a guarantee that tha dirtiana overraterz and tha criami cheat will face each other in tha ECF this spring:no:

All Net
02-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Its not a guarantee that tha dirtiana overraterz and tha criami cheat will face each other in tha ECF this spring:no:
Yes it is.

MichaelCorleone
02-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Yes it is.

Fresh Kid
02-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Yes it is.
technically its not man. May is still 3 months away:coleman:

absalom
02-02-2014, 09:29 AM
So Bynum joined the Pacers and there is no outcry from Lebron haters saying Pacers being stacked eh? :confusedshrug:

Imagine if Bynum joined the Heat, haters would be in suicide watch.

MichaelCorleone
02-02-2014, 09:30 AM
So Bynum joined the Pacers and there is no outcry from Lebron haters saying Pacers being stacked eh? :confusedshrug:

Hibbert would limit Bynum's contribution. I'm still doubting Bynum's atittude and drive at playing ball, so he might not even be a factor in the ECF.

jzek
02-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Indiana is crazy stacked! I think they are the favorites now. Miami only has Lebron and Bosh. Everybody else on the Heat team has been pretty much useless the last couple of weeks!

This this this this ^^^

It's Cleveland all over again and the sooner LeBron realizes this, the better.

absalom
02-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Hibbert would limit Bynum's contribution. I'm still doubting Bynum's atittude and drive at playing ball, so he might not even be a factor in the ECF.

With Larry Bird in Bynum's ear he should be fine, I mean Stephenson's been fine. I believe Bynum would be able pull his shit together.

MichaelCorleone
02-02-2014, 09:46 AM
With Larry Bird in Bynum's ear he should be fine, I mean Stephenson's been fine. I believe Bynum would be able pull his shit together.
I'm actually done with this Bynum false hope shenanigan, he just have NO heart at all. And if he doesn't start over Hibbert, I expect some sort of tantrum from the boy.

absalom
02-02-2014, 09:50 AM
I am banking on the organization to set him straight. Bynum's not going to say the Wizards or Knicks who has no player accountability. If he flames out Pacers still have decent backups (Mahinmi & Scola) for Hibbert. :cheers:

Fresh Kid
02-02-2014, 09:52 AM
I am banking on the organization to set him straight. Bynum's not going to say the Wizards or Knicks who has no player accountability. If he flames out Pacers still have decent backups (Mahinmi & Scola) for Hibbert. :cheers:
dont put us in tha same sentence with dem overrated wizards:no:

absalom
02-02-2014, 09:53 AM
My bad. :cheers:

niko
02-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Too many turnovers. The Nets easily could have had that game yesterday because Indiana is so careless with the ball. The Nets just stood in the passing lanes and the ball would come to them. They really need to address that, that alone will keep Miami in games.

Bandito
02-02-2014, 09:56 AM
good name:lol

Bandito
02-02-2014, 09:56 AM

there was, there just hasn't been a thread about it, but Lebron stans have been crying a lot.

Fresh Kid
02-02-2014, 09:57 AM
good name:lol
yep thats who dem negros are:D

niko
02-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Bynum went to Indiana because the Knicks has pro rated minimum and Indiana didn't and gave him a full $1M out of the MLE. So Bynum's decision to go to a title contender or the Knicks, right now out of the playoffs was about money. His agent kept calling Brooklyn because he thought they'd pay him more, a playoff team but way down and not a contender.

Bynum is about money. Saying accountability is retarded.

absalom
02-02-2014, 10:00 AM
there was, there just hasn't been a thread about it, but Lebron stans have been crying a lot.

:roll:

DMV2
02-02-2014, 10:00 AM

Pacers are definitely stacked but it's "deep stack" like the 2004 Pistons. No superstar to really love or hate on.

Miami is stacked top heavy with two superstars who are either beloved and hated.

I think when it comes to the NBA, fans associate stack more with "top heavy" because it's a superstar league after all.

K Xerxes
02-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Miami's only real chance here is if Indiana's guard play lets them down. Honestly, if George Hill manages to make good entry passes and not turn the ball over whenever pressure is applied, I don't see how Miami can win. Hibbert's basically prime Zo whenever they play and now they have a safety net in case he gets into foul trouble.

Fresh Kid
02-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Hibbert's basically prime Zo whenever they play .
http://gossipextra.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/alonzo_mourning_tracy_mourning1.jpg

absalom
02-02-2014, 10:07 AM
What if the Pacers next addition is a point guard, could they get Lowry or Rondo?

JebronLames
02-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Pacers are definitely stacked but it's "deep stack" like the 2004 Pistons. No superstar to really love or hate on.

Miami is stacked top heavy with two superstars who are either beloved and hated.

I think when it comes to the NBA, fans associate stack more with "top heavy" because it's a superstar league after all.
Paul George is a superstar. And Miami only has one superstar.

JebronLames
02-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Miami's only real chance here is if Indiana's guard play lets them down. Honestly, if George Hill manages to make good entry passes and not turn the ball over whenever pressure is applied, I don't see how Miami can win. Hibbert's basically prime Zo whenever they play and now they have a safety net in case he gets into foul trouble.
Just need the refs to actually call fouls on hibbert.

Fresh Kid
Paul George is a superstar. And Miami only has one superstar.
http://i.imgur.com/xXLxyv1.gif

Lebron23
"Never underestimate the heart of a back to back NBA Champion."

Fresh Kid
02-02-2014, 10:11 AM
you got tha nerve to talk about refs:roll:

Lebron23
02-02-2014, 10:14 AM

Miami needs to get Hibbert into foul trouble. Bynum struggled in Cleveland. And I think Oden can play at least 20 minutes against Indiana.

JebronLames
02-02-2014, 10:14 AM
you got tha nerve to talk about refs:roll:
I'm not sure if refs watch game tape, but if they do, they'll correct mistakes from last year that made hibbert look like prime zo.

Fresh Kid
02-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Miami needs to get Hibbert into foul trouble. Bynum struggled in Cleveland. And I think Oden can play at least 20 minutes against Indiana.
talking to yourself again?:lol

russwest0
02-02-2014, 10:16 AM
talking to yourself again?:lol

:roll: :roll: :roll:

let the poor guy do it. Can't wait to see if he follows LeBron to his new team next year or jumps on the Durant bandwagon

Fresh Kid
02-02-2014, 10:16 AM
I'm not sure if refs watch game tape, but if they do, they'll correct mistakes from last year that made hibbert look like prime zo.
tha refs done yall wrong but yall magically defeated tha overraterz in 7 games when yall really were suppose to lose... hmm:wtf:

JebronLames
02-02-2014, 10:18 AM
And people forget that bosh, wade, and jesus couldn't have played worse in last years series. It wasn't just because of Indiana's defense.

JebronLames
02-02-2014, 10:20 AM
tha refs done yall wrong but yall magically defeated tha overraterz in 7 games when yall really were suppose to lose... hmm:wtf:
Wat? Tell me more.

Fresh Kid
02-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Wat? Tell me more.
cant take tha hard hittin facts bro?:lol I understand:oldlol:

JebronLames
02-02-2014, 10:24 AM
cant take tha hard hittin facts bro?:lol I understand:oldlol:
Don't know how the heat were supposed to lose.

Nikola_
02-02-2014, 10:26 AM

stop talking like a robot :biggums:

K Xerxes
02-02-2014, 10:31 AM

Hibbert goes straight up, there's really nothing wrong when he challenges shots. LeBron should have the balls to be more aggressive instead of reverting to soft layups whenever Hibbert is there.

Prometheus
02-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Hibbert goes straight up, there's really nothing wrong when he challenges shots. LeBron should have the balls to be more aggressive instead of reverting to soft layups whenever Hibbert is there.

This. People complain about Hibbert being the only one who gets away with verticality, but in reality he's just the only one who does it perfectly. LeBron needs to grow some balls and go for it. But he doesn't, and it pisses me off to no end.

sportjames23
02-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Is Durant better than Kobe was? Serious question I need you to answer.

Better than Kobe was? No.

Now? Yes.

Andrei89
02-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Why are we not waiting until the series actually happens?

Dumb trolls

AnaheimLakers24
02-02-2014, 02:18 PM
indiana will beat that stacked cheat team in 5

SamuraiSWISH
02-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Bynum / Hibbert / West is a front court that can put them over the top v.s. Miami.

Then it boils down to how Lance Stephenson performs, how Paul George performs, if Wade will be healthy and step his game up in the playoffs given he only has to play every 3 games.

Then, against this utterly stacked Indian Pacers team it's going to take a legendary series from Da Brawn. Can he do it? We'll see. This Pacers team just became a power house.

Their weak point though is still at the point guard spot. If I was coach, I'd totally have Pippen on Mark Jackson-esque ball pressure defense with LeBron on the opposing team's point guard. Can't let those big men get the ball.

This. Brilliant post. He's going to need to do this now on a team with those three tough, physical bigs. He was too frightened to do it last year.

If LeBron had balls, or competitive fire he would. Use your insane athletic ability to MASH on the biggest player for the Pacers. It sends a psychological message.

But hey, that's something for a Jordan type to understand. Putting the fear into them.

J Shuttlesworth
02-02-2014, 05:17 PM
You're right, but it is a guarantee that the Knicks won't sniff the second round

DaSeba5
02-02-2014, 05:28 PM
The Pacers should be the favorites in this series. They should have HCA with the better team. It's a new season every year so being defending champs is irrelevant to the series with them. Miami has been struggling outside LeBron and Bosh, and the Pacers are stacked. Miami is only stacked on paper, but Allen has been in slumps and can't play defense, Battier has been bad, Lewis is old, Haslem is useless now, Beasely has been inconsistent, Oden's health is a question mark, point guard play is inconsistent, ect.

This may be the year we finally lose in the East, but we'll see. It all depends on the health of Wade and Oden, and how the shooters play. Bosh can't get abused again, and LeBron will probably have to do be the star that he is. Miami is on its final leg with this current team. If they keep the big 3, it should be a different team next year.

highwhey
02-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Hopefully he gets a better wardrobe designer for the next one. Last time he went on National TV looking like he just came back from an Al Borland fan convention :lol

http://conniedieken.com/images/uploads/blogimg/LeBron-decision1.jpg

http://www.beautymagzine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Richard-Karn-Beard-Style.jpg
:oldlol:

ripthekik
02-03-2014, 12:18 AM
The Pacers should be the favorites in this series. They should have HCA with the better team. It's a new season every year so being defending champs is irrelevant to the series with them. Miami has been struggling outside LeBron and Bosh, and the Pacers are stacked. Miami is only stacked on paper, but Allen has been in slumps and can't play defense, Battier has been bad, Lewis is old, Haslem is useless now, Beasely has been inconsistent, Oden's health is a question mark, point guard play is inconsistent, ect.

This may be the year we finally lose in the East, but we'll see. It all depends on the health of Wade and Oden, and how the shooters play. Bosh can't get abused again, and LeBron will probably have to do be the star that he is. Miami is on its final leg with this current team. If they keep the big 3, it should be a different team next year.
Right. It doesn't matter what you say. 2 times defending champions are still the defending champions for a reason. The champoinship is theirs to lose.

Pacers are still the underdogs. Heat are still as stacked as ever. 2 all stars this year, Ray, Beasley, etc.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Right. It doesn't matter what you say. 2 times defending champions are still the defending champions for a reason. The champoinship is theirs to lose.

Pacers are still the underdogs. Heat are still as stacked as ever. 2 all stars this year, Ray, Beasley, etc.
:biggums: :biggums:

Lebron23
02-03-2014, 12:20 AM
I think Miami beat them in 6/7 games. Bosh needs to show up against the Pacers in the playoffs. Even a past his prime wade is still the better 2nd scoring option of the Heat.

J Shuttlesworth
02-03-2014, 12:23 AM
I think Miami beat them in 6/7 games. Bosh needs to show up against the Pacers in the playoffs. Even a past his prime wade is still the better 2nd scoring option of the Heat.
Bosh is playing quite well this year. In the playoffs, we might be seeing him as second option depending on Wade

Sharmer
02-03-2014, 01:43 AM

* Scola
* Bynum

Plus the return of Granger and the ever improving Stephenson. I just don't see any way for Miami to beat the Indiana.

LeBron needs to think about his future:

* His team doesn't have the height to beat the Pacers
* Wade is done
* Rest of the team is getting old (Allen, Haslem, Lewis, Battier, etc.)

Time for LeBron to start thinking about next year and the rest of his career...

Their absolutely stacked with bigs, but I think Miami will run them off their legs.

SpaceJammeR
02-03-2014, 02:00 AM
will be really tough for miami to win against them. pacers are just too stacked.

Sharmer
02-03-2014, 02:01 AM
will be really tough for miami to win against them. pacers are just too stacked.

speed beats height, it has over the last few years.

hahaitme
02-03-2014, 02:22 AM
Oden and B-Easy might help with some boards, and if Bosh keeps up his shooting too, I see Heat having a very good chance at winning.
Guess it also depends on Wade being healthy too..

Lord Bean
02-03-2014, 02:30 AM
Miami's gonna have a tough time in the playoffs. Does anyone honestly see them getting past Toronto this year?

Done_And_Done
02-03-2014, 02:44 AM
I'm actually done with this Bynum false hope shenanigan, he just have NO heart at all. And if he doesn't start over Hibbert, I expect some sort of tantrum from the boy.

No.

Just no...

TMT
02-03-2014, 03:26 AM
It's going to depend on which team forces the other to play their own game. If Miami's small ball (Bron at 4, Bosh at 5) is effective enough that Indiana has to take their bigs off the floor then they will have a great shot. On the contrary, if Miami finds that they are being contended too much by Indiana's size and are forced to play Birdman and Oden more minutes I think Indy will have the edge.

This is going to be one hell of a chess match.

redboy
02-03-2014, 03:34 AM
i wonder how miami will play if the pacers walk the ball up the court each trip and play a slow, east coast style of ball where they score like 80

TMT
02-03-2014, 03:56 AM
i wonder how miami will play if the pacers walk the ball up the court each trip and play a slow, east coast style of ball where they score like 80

That's what they have to do. Play in the half court as much as possible and make Miami do the same. Doing that along with not turning the ball over much will allow them to set the tone in the series from the start.

Scott Brooks had a golden quote from this last OKC vs. Miami matchup, "Let's keep forcing them to score in the half court against us. I don't think they can do it". He was absolutely right.

redboy
02-03-2014, 04:09 AM
That's what they have to do. Play in the half court as much as possible and make Miami do the same. Doing that along with not turning the ball over much will allow them to set the tone in the series from the start.

Scott Brooks had a golden quote from this last OKC vs. Miami matchup, "Let's keep forcing them to score in the half court against us. I don't think they can do it". He was absolutely right.
it would be so much easier if they have a real point guard that could control the tempo. right now, i don't know if george hill has the ability to deal with pressure and to slow the pace down. an intelligent pass first point guard that can hit the occasional 3 ball would do wonders for this team. in a half-court setting where lebron has george on him every play and hibbert at the rim with his verticality rule, lebron isn't able to easily create his offense. considering how much an advantage indiana has inside, they just need a pg that can force feed the ball to west/scola/bynum/hibbert every play