PDA

View Full Version : So, If The Pacers Do Not Win The East...

Foster5k
02-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Do talking heads start questioning Paul George? Will they simply give him a pass, unlike they would do to someone like Lebron.

Also, now that the Pacers seem fairly stacked, if Lebron somehow manages to defeat this juggernaut, will even the biggest Lebron haters finally turn over a new leaf and realize how great Lebron truly is?

navy
02-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Do talking heads start questioning Paul George? Will they simply give him a pass, unlike they would do to someone like Lebron.

Also, now that the Pacers seem fairly stacked, if Lebron somehow manages to defeat this juggernaut, will even the biggest Lebron haters finally turn over a new leaf and realize how great Lebron truly is?
Paul George is not on that level.

Durant is the only one who has to win the title this year. Outside of Lebron of course.

All Net
02-01-2014, 07:27 PM
huh? Miami are still the favourites till beaten. They are the back to back champions.

Indy just have a great shot to beat them. George is only 23. His best years are ahead of him as are the Pacers. They have a young core.

KyleKong
02-01-2014, 07:29 PM
huh? Miami are still the favourites till beaten. They are the back to back champions.

Indy just have a great shot to beat them. George is only 23. His best years are ahead of him as are the Pacers. They have a young core.

This.

leMVP
02-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Imagine George reaching the finals within that stacked team.

And compare to Lebron's 2007 trip to the finals.

PistonsFan#21
02-01-2014, 07:35 PM

Wasn't Lebron James 22 years old when he lead his team to the Finals and lost to a proven and solid Spurs team? im pretty sure he got alot of criticism and hate that year and didnt get no pass for being young.

Paul George's team is way more stacked this year and his road to the finals is even easier (other than Miami)

oarabbus
02-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Imagine George reaching the finals within that stacked team.

And compare to Lebron's 2007 trip to the finals.

No one ever said LeBron isn't way, way, way better than PG :confusedshrug:

And if they did they're dumb

moe94
02-01-2014, 07:40 PM
People literally argued PG was better than Durant the first few weeks of the season. Where are these clowns now?

All Net
02-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Wasn't Lebron James 22 years old when he lead his team to the Finals and lost to a proven and solid Spurs team? im pretty sure he got alot of criticism and hate that year and didnt get no pass for being young.

Paul George's team is way more stacked this year and his road to the finals is even easier (other than Miami)

Only complete idiots hated him for that run. What he did was amazing.

Fact is Alot may fancy Indy to win but until Miami are beaten they are the team to beat.

ArbitraryWater
02-01-2014, 08:02 PM
People literally argued PG was better than Durant the first few weeks of the season. Where are these clowns now?

Well KD shot like 46% the first 10 something games so I could totally understand it. George played much better defense and all around game was pretty even with Pacers having a better record.

Of course by now its KD by a landslide.

JT123
02-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Let's be honest, no star will ever get the level of criticism Lebron got in 2011. It says a lot about how screwed up this country is when people criticize a guy more for doing a TV special than they do a guy who was accused of rape. :facepalm
Even if you believe Kobe was innocent he still cheated on his wife and embarrassed his daughters. :coleman:

no pun intended
02-01-2014, 08:14 PM
People did? I wanna read.

SexSymbol
02-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Let's be honest, no star will ever get the level of criticism Lebron got in 2011. It says a lot about how screwed up this country is when people criticize a guy more for doing a TV special than they do a guy who was accused of rape. :facepalm
Even if you believe Kobe was innocent he still cheated on his wife and embarrassed his daughters. :coleman:
Kobe after rape case, and it's not even close in anyway.
He lost sponsors, his coach turned on him because of the case resembling a similar situation with his daughter, his teammates turned on him. Public completely lost it.
Meanwhile, LeBron was still loved by his teammates, coaches, no sponsor fired him, and only the public made fun of him, deservingly so.

Bandito
02-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Only complete idiots hated him for that run. What he did was amazing.

Fact is Alot may fancy Indy to win but until Miami are beaten they are the team to beat.
this

ihoopallday
02-01-2014, 08:23 PM

LeBron did bring a lot of heat onto himself (no pun intended) with all the preseason celebrations and stuff. Especially with his comments after they lost in the finals. However, a lot of people were just hating on him because it was the cool thing to do.

moe94
02-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Kobe after rape case, and it's not even close in anyway.
He lost sponsors, his coach turned on him because of the case resembling a similar situation with his daughter, his teammates turned on him. Public completely lost it.
Meanwhile, LeBron was still loved by his teammates, coaches, no sponsor fired him, and only the public made fun of him, deservingly so.

:roll:

JT123
02-01-2014, 08:32 PM
LeBron did bring a lot of heat onto himself (no pun intended) with all the preseason celebrations and stuff. Especially with his comments after they lost in the finals. However, a lot of people were just hating on him because it was the cool thing to do.
Shaq did a pre season celebration and guaranteed a title when he came to Miami. I don't remember anyone hating on him. :confusedshrug:
Besides, Lebron was asked a question about winning championships. What was he supposed to say? "Well, if we work really hard and are lucky we might be able to win 1." :rolleyes:

SexSymbol
02-01-2014, 08:34 PM
:roll:
Was that a pun? I dunno, i'm obviously not a native speaker of english language, please explain what's so funny

SexSymbol
02-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Shaq did a pre season celebration and guaranteed a title when he came to Miami. I don't remember anyone hating on him. :confusedshrug:
Besides, Lebron was asked a question about winning championships. What was he supposed to say? "Well, if we work really hard and are lucky we might be able to win 1." :rolleyes:
Shaq delivered.

moe94
02-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Was that a pun? I dunno, i'm obviously not a native speaker of english language, please explain what's so funny

LeBron was heavily criticized and scorned. I'd say it was comparable, at worst.

Warfan
02-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Shaq delivered.

And LeBron didn't? Unless you mean when he was with Cleveland but I don't see why people would actually hate a guy for saying he wants win a championship

poido123
02-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Nope, George should not get a pass.

Has been playing with this core for years(with a few changes) and the team is stacked and good enough to beat Miami.

There are no excuses.

Tmuston Beltics
02-01-2014, 08:45 PM
According to Vegas, Miami and Pacers are pretty much as likely to win it all right now.

Frozen1
02-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Paul George is a no one.

He will not receive criticism because no one cares about him.

The guy can't average 25 points and people call him a superstar.

Bullshit overreaction.

JT123
And LeBron didn't? Unless you mean when he was with Cleveland but I don't see why people would actually hate a guy for saying he wants win a championship
Exactly. Kobe once said he wanted a ring for each finger on his hand and all anyone ever said was "What a fierce competitor."
Lebron essentially says the same thing and everyone is like "What a diva, he thinks he should be handed eight rings!" :rolleyes:

ispin69
Pacers CHOKED last year. No one called them out.

melih69
02-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Paul George is a no one.

Bullshit overreaction.
this. the league was trying to hard to make him the next superstar. ain't gonna happen.

TMT
02-01-2014, 09:20 PM
I don't see how the Pacers aren't the favorites at this point as long as they are completely healthy. Yes, Miami is the back-to-back champ and the East goes through them supposedly, but Indy with HCA + not one, but two quality bigs that can expose their biggest flaw is pretty hard not to favor. Not to mention the Pacers are among the elite defensive teams in the league, have guys to matchup with the Heat at every position, and now have the best bench in the league to go along with it.

Another argument could be that Miami after two championship runs is just running on fumes at this point. I know, it's so overused but has some validity to it. :confusedshrug:

stephanieg
02-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Implying PG is the most impactful player. I'd be way more worried if Hibbert went down. And when we lose, it's probably because Hibbert fouled out or had one of his 3/12 games.

Is He Ill
02-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Nope, George should not get a pass.

Has been playing with this core for years(with a few changes) and the team is stacked and good enough to beat Miami.

There are no excuses.

That's just ridiculous. How the hell can you start questioning Paul George after his first full season as the bona-fide number one guy on his team? He's also improved immensely since last year.

Lebron23
02-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Paul George is a no one.

Bullshit overreaction.

This.

Last year He choked in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. And No one gave a $hit.

AintNoSunshine
02-02-2014, 12:19 AM
Paul George is not on that level.

Durant is the only one who has to win the title this year. Outside of Lebron of course.

Yes.

By the way if Pacers still do not get pass Heat at this point it's simply a failure on the entire team, who would have to choke hard to still lose to the same team with so much upgrades.

Ancient Legend
02-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Dat defense:

http://i.imgur.com/OtpS4TQ.gif

InspiredLebowski
02-02-2014, 01:53 AM
This is retarded thread. People're acting like the Heat are a 48 win team or something w/o the best player on the planet. You guys are weird.

Cool to have a 23 year old that spurs threads like this though I guess.