PDA

View Full Version : If peak Jordan and Shaq were on the same team...

moe94
02-03-2014, 02:47 AM
Who would get the Finals MVP, if both did their usual production?

Serious question with no agenda involved.
f*ck Kobe

Inferno
02-03-2014, 02:47 AM
No idea, but whoever wouldn't get it would be a glorified role player!

moe94
02-03-2014, 02:48 AM
Whoever gets it is the GOAT player and the one who doesn't got carried.

Sharmer
02-03-2014, 02:50 AM
MJ.

Inferno
02-03-2014, 02:52 AM
Whoever gets it is the GOAT player and the one who doesn't got carried.

Basically. And whoever doesn't get it won't have it coun't in their ring count either!

Lord Bean
02-03-2014, 02:57 AM
Depends on the finals competition, but in most match ups, I'd think Shaq. Jordan had ridiculous numbers too, but Shaq was a 40-20 threat every night in the finals during his peak.

There's really nothing anyone can do about either player, but Shaq causes a larger mismatch. It's not just about individual production. The entire defense collapses on Shaq - he absolutely wrecks opposing defenses more than Jordan ever did. When there's a guy who's scoring 38ppg on 60%+ from the field against any and every defender you throw at him, what the hell are you supposed to do? Jordan is the GOAT, but any reasonable coach would run the offense through peak Shaq.

And defensively, I'd probably give Shaq the edge. It's common knowledge that Shaq underachieved on defense throughout his career, but when it mattered most, he was there. And during his peak he was a DPOY candidate. Jordan for his position was obviously the better defender than Shaq, but a big man's impact on defense is just naturally higher than a guard's. And Shaq in his peak was truly elite, more than good enough to give him the edge impact-wise over Jordan defensively.

It's very close, but Shaq has the slight edge.

redboy
02-03-2014, 03:10 AM
if they were playing a team like the '04 pistons or the 90's knicks/rockets, i would say mj

now if they were playing teams like the heat and okc, easily shaq imo

Akrazotile
02-03-2014, 03:12 AM
A Jordan-Shaq combination would be pretty similar to the Kobe-Gasol combination. You'd probably have to make a case for Co-MVPs. But if you have to pick one who really deserves it, it's probably gonna be the big guy.

Inferno
02-03-2014, 03:14 AM
A Jordan-Shaq combination would be pretty similar to the Kobe-Gasol combination. You'd probably have to make a case for Co-MVPs. But if you have to pick one who really deserves it, it's probably gonna be the big guy.

Obvious agenda is obvious.

JT123
02-03-2014, 03:17 AM
Agreed. No one who shoots 6-24 in a game 7 deserves Finals MVP. Gasol was straight up robbed.

moe94
02-03-2014, 03:19 AM
if they were playing a team like the '04 pistons or the 90's knicks/rockets, i would say mj

now if they were playing teams like the heat and okc, easily shaq imo

Shaq averaged 27/11 on 60% shooting against the Pistons.

Do you think Jordan could beat that production?

redboy
02-03-2014, 03:25 AM

i remember the gameplan in 04 was to let shaq get his against ben wallace and to shut everyone else down. i don't think that shaq would get 27 a game if mj were there to force detroit to change their gameplan. i don't think that jordan could top 27/11, but i do think that jordan likely would have impacted the game more ways than shaq

in the end though, these are all hypothetical situations. there's always a certain level of difference between what i think would have and what really would have happened

Akrazotile
02-03-2014, 03:35 AM
i remember the gameplan in 04 was to let shaq get his against ben wallace and to shut everyone else down.

So basically the Pistons plan was to accept that Shaq was unstoppable, but bank on the fact that Kobe would stop himself and the rest of the Lakers?

oarabbus
02-03-2014, 03:35 AM
Shaq would be MVP.

kamil
02-03-2014, 03:40 AM
Gotta hand it to Shaq, nobody stopped him... ever. He was just way too big, way too strong.

MJ had times where he got stopped, but not completely... hence 6/6 finals, though it is a team sport.

TheMarkMadsen
02-03-2014, 03:43 AM

f*ck Kobe

:rolleyes:

Lord Bean
02-03-2014, 03:48 AM

2004 Shaq was NOT peak Shaq. Nice try.

moe94
02-03-2014, 03:50 AM
2004 Shaq was NOT peak Shaq. Nice try.

Understand you can move away from the topic at hand. It's a wonderful thing we employ in discussions.

bdreason
02-03-2014, 04:00 AM
Depends on the matchup.

Lord Bean
02-03-2014, 04:12 AM
Understand you can move away from the topic at hand. It's a wonderful thing we employ in discussions.
I get that. But you have no interest in that. Your agenda is as clear as it gets.

moe94
02-03-2014, 04:15 AM
I get that. But you have no interest in that. Your agenda is as clear as it gets.

I have no agenda, to be honest. If you're talking about the white text in regards to Kobe, it's nothing more than a joke.

I just want to see who people would consider to be the alpha between these two players considered to have peaked the highest in the modern era.

Lord Bean
02-03-2014, 04:18 AM
I have no agenda, to be honest. If you're talking about the white text in regards to Kobe, it's nothing more than a joke.

I just want to see who people would consider to be the alpha between these two players considered to have peaked the highest in the modern era.
Fair enough, my bad. It's kinda hard to tell with half of the threads here being 100% blatantly agenda-driven.

moe94
02-03-2014, 04:20 AM
Fair enough, my bad. It's kinda hard to tell with half of the threads here being 100% blatantly agenda-driven.

Don't let trolls get to you. Their arguments are easy to demolish considering they don't use logic and are out purely to rustle your jimmies. It also helps that they go through the motions and spew cliches.

Rolando
02-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Shaq and MJ on the same team would be ridiculous....Absolutely no chance of losing. The plan would be to feed Shaq early and get the other team in foul trouble. Shaq would have 30 by the end of the 3rd. MJ would have 20 at that point and would simply take over the rest of the game.

I'm guessing because MJ finishes the games, he would be MVP.

ThePhantomCreep
02-03-2014, 04:21 AM

Propped up by his Game 4 stat line.

It's a myth that Shaq had a great Finals in 2004. His defense and rebounding were poor throughout.

aj1987
02-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Propped up by his Game 4 stat line.

It's a myth that Shaq had a great Finals in 2004. His defense and rebounding were poor throughout.
WTF are you smoking? He had 29, 34, and 36 point games (7, 11, and 20 boards in those games). In the other two, he took a combined 27 shots to score 34 points. Kobe scored 24 on 24 shots. For the series.

Mr. Jabbar
02-03-2014, 04:31 AM
Shaq, no questions asked.

ThePhantomCreep
02-03-2014, 04:43 AM
WTF are you smoking? He had 29, 34, and 36 point games (7, 11, and 20 boards in those games). In the other two, he took a combined 27 shots to score 34 points. Kobe scored 24 on 24 shots. For the series.
Forgot about the 29 point game, but seriously, did you just tout a 7 rebound game? That was my point--Shaq had three sub 10 rebound games in that series.

No need to bring up Kobe either. His finals performance was much worse than Shaq's.

MichaelCorleone
02-03-2014, 04:51 AM
Michael Jordan will get all the FMVPs out of all the rings they win.

I<3NBA
02-03-2014, 06:30 AM
Shaq will bow to the original, not the fake.

MichaelCorleone
02-03-2014, 06:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

Ancient Legend
02-03-2014, 06:37 AM

:bowdown:

Sharmer
02-03-2014, 07:02 AM
Mj is on another level than Shaq. This debate is absurd.

tragicbronson
02-03-2014, 07:20 AM

True, Shaq never had that status that is never was on that level of getting calls, there were some controversial games and series but that wasn't as constant thing as it was with MJ, that being said, i think Shaq would get most FMVPs because he was the man you build franchise on, more than Michael.

Sharmer
02-03-2014, 07:23 AM
True, Shaq never had that status that is never was on that level of getting calls, there were some controversial games and series but that wasn't as constant thing as it was with MJ, that being said, i think Shaq would get most FMVPs because he was the man you build franchise on, more than Michael.

Shaq could have finished with more rings, he got fat and lazy when on top. Even Kobe called him out for it. MJ was flawless in that way.

Plus the debate is not about who would you build your franchise on, rather who would dominate if both players were in their peak.

retaxis
02-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Shaq could have finished with more rings, he got fat and lazy when on top. Even Kobe called him out for it. MJ was flawless in that way.

Plus the debate is not about who would you build your franchise on, rather who would dominate if both players were in their peak.
MJ flawless my a22. Half of the time he missed training or rocked up to a game with a hang over after a late night of gambling. Shaq also wanted to have fun but his body and weight didn't hold up as well as MJ's.

Shaq had his chance to win 6+ (with Orlando, 04 Lakers (kobes fault) and another in Cleveland/Celtics/Pheonix). Shaq could have had 7 but thats how life is, your just one player in a league.

tgan3
02-03-2014, 08:26 AM

f*ck Kobe

:lol

MichaelCorleone
02-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Shaq wins, Kobe looks bad

MJ wins, Kobe looks bad

No wonder there's no Kobe stans in here.:oldlol:

Akrazotile
02-03-2014, 11:33 AM
This scenario wouldnt work because two extreme alphas would butt heads too much. You need a clear cut alpha and beta combo, like the shaq-kobe lakers.

r0drig0lac
02-03-2014, 03:53 PM
this

Milbuck
02-03-2014, 03:55 PM
He's really not though. If you weren't 5 years old and actually saw peak Shaq during the 3 peat and peak Jordan, you would know that in terms of overall dominance and impact they're very comparable. You could even give Shaq the edge.

Bush4Ever
02-03-2014, 03:58 PM
It would be up in the air because of matchups.

A more meaningful question is who would be the first option offensively, and the focal point from which the offense would run (in general).

The answer to both of those is Shaq.

He absolutely was not on another level than Shaq at both of their respective peaks. Shaq circa 2000 is easily a match for any version of Jordan that has ever existed.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Peak Wilt>Peak Shaq> Peak Bron>>Peak MJ:coleman:

Marlo_Stanfield
02-03-2014, 04:01 PM
He's really not though. If you weren't 5 years old and actually saw peak Shaq during the 3 peat and peak Jordan, you would know that in terms of overall dominance and impact they're very comparable. You could even give Shaq the edge.
:applause: :applause:

Black and White
02-03-2014, 04:02 PM

:roll: :roll:

Prometheus
02-03-2014, 04:06 PM

:biggums:

dude. stupid.

Prometheus
02-03-2014, 04:07 PM
I hate to say it, but the answer is probably Shaq. Jordan was most definitely the better basketball player, but at his peak Shaq was completely unstoppable.

ImKobe
02-03-2014, 04:08 PM
I hate to say it, but the answer is probably Shaq. Jordan was most definitely the better basketball player, but at his peak Shaq was completely unstoppable.

So was MJ :confusedshrug: , no one shut peak MJ down, and he didn't need two of the top 3 all-time SGs to win his titles.

oarabbus
02-03-2014, 04:09 PM
So was MJ :confusedshrug: , no one shut peak MJ down, and he didn't need two of the top 3 all-time SGs to win his titles.

Shaq was still more dominant. And if Shaq "needed" two of the top 3 all time SGs then MJ "needed" Pippen (top 5 in league today) and other players like Kerr.

tragicbronson
02-03-2014, 04:15 PM

Y but he had a team that was able to get 50+ wins without him and get deep in the playoffs, they were one win away of conference finals and they didn't get it not because of bad play but because of bad officiating, that's how good Jordan's team was, definetly more stacked than Heat, Miami without LeBron<<<Bulls without Jordan. It's the media that conviced you that Michael was able to get every win singlehandedly. I don't think Jordan was better player, maybe more disciplined, more focused, but Shaq was definetly more talented, if i had to choose between them who is the guy i want to start the franchise with i'd pick Shaq.

r0drig0lac
02-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Shaq was still more dominant. And if Shaq "needed" two of the top 3 all time SGs then MJ "needed" Pippen (top 5 in league today) and other players like Kerr.
it does not improve its point

ImKobe
02-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Y but he had a team that was able to get 50+ wins without him and get deep in the playoffs, they were one win away of conference finals and they didn't get it not because of bad play but because of bad officiating, that's how good Jordan's team was, definetly more stacked than Heat, Miami without LeBron<<<Bulls without Jordan. It's the media that conviced you that Michael was able to get every win singlehandedly. I don't think Jordan was better player, maybe more disciplined, more focused, but Shaq was definetly more talented, if i had to choose between them who is the guy i want to start the franchise with i'd pick Shaq.

What happened in 95 though? They were 34-31 before MJ returned and won 13 out of their last 17 games with him back.

MJ's track record speaks for himself, 6 out of 6 Finals, all those clutch moments. How reliable was Shaq in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter?

JohnMax
02-03-2014, 04:41 PM
The mistake everyone on here is making is thinking KOBE = JORDAN

DWYANE WADE is closer to Michael Jordan.

aj1987
02-03-2014, 04:47 PM

:facepalm Ban, please.

ThePhantomCreep
02-03-2014, 04:48 PM

Yeah, who could forget that world-beater.

ThePhantomCreep
02-03-2014, 04:52 PM

The '94 Bulls accomplishment is so overrated. Without Kukoc's GWer the Knicks probably sweep. They let the Bulls hang around. As for the 55 wins, the '94 Hawks won 57. How fondly are they remembered?

Nobody wins alone, but Jordan probably comes closest. Shaq didn't always win even when his teams were super-stacked. Contrast that to Jordan who never lost a series his team was favored to win.

KungFuJoe
02-03-2014, 05:01 PM
MJ...he's the Batman to EVERYONE ELSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME'S Robin.

Prometheus
02-03-2014, 05:20 PM
The '94 Bulls accomplishment is so overrated. Without Kukoc's GWer the Knicks probably sweep. They let the Bulls hang around. As for the 55 wins, the '94 Hawks won 57. How fondly are they remembered?

Nobody wins alone, but Jordan probably comes closest. Shaq didn't always win even when his teams were super-stacked. Contrast that to Jordan who never lost a series his team was favored to win.

http://thesportspin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Hakeem-Olajuwon-Goggles.jpg

ThePhantomCreep
02-03-2014, 05:24 PM
http://thesportspin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Hakeem-Olajuwon-Goggles.jpg

Touch

Prometheus
02-03-2014, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=ThePhantomCreep]Touch

Marlo_Stanfield
02-03-2014, 05:48 PM

peak Wade was as close as jordan youll ever see at the SG position:cheers: :applause:

guy
02-03-2014, 05:48 PM

f*ck Kobe

Both did usual production? Well I'd say they both had probably equal statistical production with Jordan providing alot more intangibles with his clutch play and leadership, so I guess Jordan.

jzek
02-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Jordan would get more FMVPs than Shaq.

At the tail ends of their prime, Jordan was still able to win in 98. Can't say the same for Shaq in 04.

tragicbronson
02-03-2014, 06:35 PM

:biggums:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoJtwYSLeMw

Orlando Magic
02-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Peak Shaq and it's not even close. Anyone who says Jordan probably didn't watch either player and is under the age of 25.

That and they just don't understand how basketball... you know... actually works.

Sharmer
02-03-2014, 06:53 PM
MJ flawless my a22. Half of the time he missed training or rocked up to a game with a hang over after a late night of gambling. Shaq also wanted to have fun but his body and weight didn't hold up as well as MJ's.

Shaq had his chance to win 6+ (with Orlando, 04 Lakers (kobes fault) and another in Cleveland/Celtics/Pheonix). Shaq could have had 7 but thats how life is, your just one player in a league.

Shaq got fat at burger king, MJ didn't.

Sharmer
02-03-2014, 06:58 PM

Are people forgetting that Shaq couldn't make free throws, and the Hack a Shaq.

Whilst he's dominance, he could never be the guy late in the 4th because teams would just foul him.

Jordan won games on the buzzer, this pushes him over the top in my opinion.

Milbuck
02-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Are people forgetting that Shaq couldn't make free throws, and the Hack a Shaq.

Whilst he's dominance, he could never be the guy late in the 4th because teams would just foul him.

Jordan won games on the buzzer, this pushes him over the top in my opinion.
38/17/2/3 on 61% FG
33/16/5/3 on 57% FG
36/12/4/3 on 60% FG

Those were Shaq's finals averages during the 3-peat. I don't care if he fouls out the other team and misses free throws. Every time you think "MJ is on another level", stop talking and re-read the numbers at the beginning of this post. Or better yet, go watch some Shaq finals tape.

Prometheus
02-03-2014, 08:35 PM
38/17/2/3 on 61% FG
33/16/5/3 on 57% FG
36/12/4/3 on 60% FG

Those were Shaq's finals averages during the 3-peat. I don't care if he fouls out the other team and misses free throws. Every time you think "MJ is on another level", stop talking and re-read the numbers at the beginning of this post. Or better yet, go watch some Shaq finals tape.

Sharmer
02-03-2014, 08:49 PM
38/17/2/3 on 61% FG
33/16/5/3 on 57% FG
36/12/4/3 on 60% FG

Impressive stats, but I also watched Shaq and MJ.

MJ maintained the stat line for much longer than Shaq. Like I said, Shaq got fat and MJ didn't.

MJ was 6/6 in finals, Shaq wasn't. Shaq left the game , as a embarrassment. MJ still averaged 20 plus at 40.

Shaq could have had 7 rings, he could have been more. But didn't maintain the peak, because he got fat and lazy.

Prometheus
02-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Actually, to be fair, they're pretty much equally dominant in their different ways:

Shaq 3peat:

38.0/16.7/2.3/1.0/2.7 on .611
33.0/15.8/4.8/0.4/3.4 on .573
36.3/12.3/3.8/0.5/2.8 on .595

Jordan first 3peat:

31.2/6.6/11.4/2.8/1.4 on .558
35.8/4.8/6.5/1.7/0.3 on .526
41.0/8.5/6.3/1.7/0.7 on .508

But still, you've got to think that if they're on the same team, the offense runs through the big man.

Sharmer
02-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Actually, to be fair, they're pretty much equally dominant in their different ways:

Shaq 3peat:

38.0/16.7/2.3/1.0/2.7 on .611
33.0/15.8/4.8/0.4/3.4 on .573
36.3/12.3/3.8/0.5/2.8 on .595

Jordan first 3peat:

31.2/6.6/11.4/2.8/1.4 on .558
35.8/4.8/6.5/1.7/0.3 on .526
41.0/8.5/6.3/1.7/0.7 on .508

But still, you've got to think that if they're on the same team, the offense runs through the big man.

MJ had a second three peat. Shaq was eating burritos and burgers when the finals came around late in his career.

Milbuck
02-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Impressive stats, but I also watched Shaq and MJ.

MJ maintained the stat line for much longer than Shaq. Like I said, Shaq got fat and MJ didn't.

MJ was 6/6 in finals, Shaq wasn't. Shaq left the game , as a embarrassment. MJ still averaged 20 plus at 40.

Shaq could have had 7 rings, he could have been more. But didn't maintain the peak, because he got fat and lazy.
:oldlol: What a ****ing moron. The argument is about both of them in their peaks.

Prometheus
02-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Sharmer is losing the argument.

Milbuck
02-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Sharmer is losing the argument.
Of course he is, why else would he bring up Shaq getting fat towards the end of his career in a discussion about peaks?

Stringer Bell
02-03-2014, 09:34 PM
There's no way I can envision both of these guys co-existing on the same team in their primes.

They make egos big enough to block out the sun.

SHAQisGOAT
02-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Seriously? They would just butt heads and probably dismantle the team. Too much ego, too much alpha in them, too much wanting the ball. Look at what happened with young Kobe.

Jordan's the GOAT imo but as far as peaks it's very hard to say who's better, and I would pick Shaq because a bigmen can impact the game more.

moe94
02-03-2014, 09:39 PM
There's no way I can envision both of these guys co-existing on the same team in their primes.

They make egos big enough to block out the sun.
http://076dd0a50e0c1255009e-bd4b8aabaca29897bc751dfaf75b290c.r40.cf1.rackcdn.c om/images/files/000/299/592/original/original.jpg

Sharmer
02-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Of course he is, why else would he bring up Shaq getting fat towards the end of his career in a discussion about peaks?

Duration of peaks, MJ lasted a lot longer than Shaqs. So a peak Jordan would give you a longer service than a peak Shaq.

End of debate.

Prometheus
02-04-2014, 12:50 AM
Duration of peaks, MJ lasted a lot longer than Shaqs. So a peak Jordan would give you a longer service than a peak Shaq.

End of debate.

Look Milbuck, he's been thinking of a reply since this thread cooled off earlier and this is what he came up with. :oldlol:

Milbuck
02-04-2014, 12:53 AM
Look Milbuck, he's been thinking of a reply since this thread cooled off earlier and this is what he came up with. :oldlol:
:oldlol: Not even gonna reply to him. I seriously think he's not a troll, but just really stupid.

SpecialQue
02-04-2014, 12:54 AM
I'm fvcking laughing my ass off at the idea of Shaq and Jordan somehow coexisting. These two would kill each other.

ThePhantomCreep
02-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Jordan's Bulls were EXCELLENT. You're crazy... what about the 2000 Lakers? Kobe only scored 15.6 PPG on .367 FG%... or were they stacked because of Glen Rice?
Nice work cherry-picking the Finals vs an overmatched opponent. Kobe made all-NBA second team that year, 1st team all-defense. Rice was a superb 3rd option.

Outside of Pippen and Grant it was role-player city on those Bulls.

Sharmer
02-04-2014, 01:06 AM

No, came back from the gym. :roll:

tragicbronson
02-04-2014, 02:49 AM
No, came back from the gym. :roll:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fWwQrf5n_Sc/ULepAkB-fhI/AAAAAAAAAHY/v1TztoqzTCk/s1600/fat-guy-exercising.jpg

Soundwave
02-04-2014, 06:18 AM
I think they could co-exist because really I think MJ was fine with others having the spot light as long as he got "his" on the court. He seemed relieved when Rodman showed up to the Bulls and started getting larger media scrums around him after games.

The fact is in a close game, the ball is going to go to Jordan, not Shaq.

The thing with Shaq is you just need to know how to deal with him ... you don't pit yourself against him, you make him your friend. You joke around with him after the game.

Shaq is just the class clown who wants to be popular ... let him have that.

Kobe didn't get it.

I think MJ would push Shaq subtly (and in the right way) to be beast on the defensive end too, not just to be OK with being dominant offensively.

Prometheus
02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Nice work cherry-picking the Finals vs an overmatched opponent. Kobe made all-NBA second team that year, 1st team all-defense. Rice was a superb 3rd option.

Outside of Pippen and Grant it was role-player city on those Bulls.

Cartwright was still able to get his own shot in the post, and John Paxson shot like 999%... seriously I love MJ but you people need to understand that those championship Bulls squads were just great, great teams.

ArbitraryWater
02-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Dude, the two most dominant players of all time on ONE TEAM? Thats UNFAIR! Theyd win chips every season with a 50/50 chance of who takes the mvp's..

guy
02-04-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm fvcking laughing my ass off at the idea of Shaq and Jordan somehow coexisting. These two would kill each other.

Says who? From Phil's book, it sounds like he thinks Jordan would get along better with his teammates then Shaq did.

Stringer Bell
02-04-2014, 04:34 PM

End of debate.

"Peak" is debatable, I'm not even sure when Jordan's peak was, I guess 1991, but anywhere from 88-93 is reasonable. But the amount of time they spent at the top level are pretty much the same.

Jordan was an elite player pretty much from his rookie year on, although his third season is when he really took off and then the 4th season when he won MVP/DPOY.

Take the first 9 years and then 3 when he came back. 12 seasons. Shaq was an elite player from what, 92, 93 to 04? 11-12 seasons. Jordan was better, but Jordan has no longevity advantage over Shaq in being a top player.

poido123
02-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Shaq/MJ? Goodnight league til they retire.

Black Mamba's B
02-09-2014, 01:42 AM
Yall act like Kobe was in his prime with Shaq. This was a 17 year old kid who had to develop. It's funny yall say Jordan would just be the alpha and dominate, we honestly couldn't predict what would happen. Are we getting a fresh out college 21 year old Jordan paired with shaq? Kobe at 21 wasn't too shabby. Another question is how would Jordan develop into a player with such a dominant player in Shaq on his team? They would probably be a great duo of players but they would bump heads and its uncertain how many titles they could win and how stats and impact would be affected