PDA

View Full Version : whats the story with Anthony Bennett ?

Sharmer
02-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Why has this first pick been so obsolete this year?

I think under Mike Brown he's been lost on offense. He would have been much better off under a different system, which allowed him proper offensively.

Dare we say, Kwame Brown!

FlagrantOne
02-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Dudes fat and shit

navy
02-03-2014, 08:01 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfgCAbkCUAE7lwo.png

MMM
02-03-2014, 08:21 AM
give him an offseason and a training camp but not a good start at all.
making toronto ball swaggar look weak, heck it is rubbing off on Wiggins.

MichaelCorleone
02-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Fat, lazy, unmotivated, no heart, no drive, plays with Kyrie.

DukeDelonte13
02-03-2014, 08:30 AM
he came in completely out of shape and fell out of the rotation. Now he's in shape and getting more minutes. He's playing more aggressively rather than just hanging out at the perimeter. Still doesn't look comfortable out there though.

Bandito
02-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Lebran stans flocking here like crazy.

MichaelCorleone
02-03-2014, 08:32 AM
First one to mention Lebron. What's new?:confusedshrug:

navy
02-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Anthony Bennett is a joke to every stan and every team. :facepalm

B-Easy8
02-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Dude is probably demoralised after seeing Tristan Thompson getting all the minutes and playing like a scrub.

I think he will be a good player if given the opportunity. He actually gets really good seals for someone that young but Kyrie, Dion and Jack would prefer to jack up garbage instead.

DukeDelonte13
02-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Dude is probably demoralised after seeing Tristan Thompson getting all the minutes and playing like a scrub.

I think he will be a good player if given the opportunity. He actually gets really good seals for someone that young but Kyrie, Dion and Jack would prefer to jack up garbage instead.

good points. Anthony Bennett has 10x the natural talent that Tristan Thompson has but at this point TT is the better player. TT came into the league not even able to shoot the ball. Bennett was 38% from downtown at UNLV.

Kyrie, Dion, and Jack all do a terrible job of getting AB easy buckets.

Anthony needs to do a better job of attacking the basket. He has the ability. He just needs to build that confidence up.

B-Easy8
02-03-2014, 09:17 AM
good points. Anthony Bennett has 10x the natural talent that Tristan Thompson has but at this point TT is the better player. TT came into the league not even able to shoot the ball. Bennett was 38% from downtown at UNLV.

Kyrie, Dion, and Jack all do a terrible job of getting AB easy buckets.

Anthony needs to do a better job of attacking the basket. He has the ability. He just needs to build that confidence up.

100% correct. That is all about confidence.

The Cavs aren't going anywhere this season. Even if they do sneak into 7th or 8 they will get swept. Its time to start Bennett.

I bet he would surprise a lot of people if he had that opportunity.

Done_And_Done
02-03-2014, 01:33 PM
100% correct. That is all about confidence.

The Cavs aren't going anywhere this season. Even if they do sneak into 7th or 8 they will get swept. Its time to start Bennett.

I bet he would surprise a lot of people if he had that opportunity.

I agree.

Whether it's in a starters role or coming off the bench as a utility player, the kid just needs ample burn. Unlatch the training wheels already and let the dude play...

AnaheimLakers24
02-03-2014, 01:46 PM
:roll:

jzek
02-03-2014, 03:12 PM
The story is that he was a beast in college. Then he stopped playing against college players and went up against pros and was exposed.

oarabbus
02-03-2014, 03:33 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/09/832477570.gif

Someone tell me what this is about. I don't care if he's demoralized or not getting enough minutes, that kind of play is NEVER acceptable. Not even in goddamn pickup ball.

beastee
02-03-2014, 03:39 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/09/832477570.gif

Someone tell me what this is about. I don't care if he's demoralized or not getting enough minutes, that kind of play is NEVER acceptable. Not even in goddamn pickup ball.

B-Smooth should be his new nickname. Amazing body control.

Milbuck
02-03-2014, 03:40 PM
The story is that he sucks floppy balls and the Cavs screwed up big time.

outbreak
02-03-2014, 03:51 PM
He's a kids who didn't expect to go number one and has been trying to have an immediate impact on a dysfunctional team that likely hasn't offered him the support he needs. The pressure must be huge and considering he wouldn't have thought of himself as a number one pick he likely doesn't have the belief and confidence he needs

Godzuki
02-03-2014, 04:10 PM
thing about this dude is he doesn't impress you at all watching him. He's a big chubby body out there but he's not especially fast/quick, doesn't have a great J or post moves, really shows very little to justify him being a lottery pick IMO. Thing is even when Cav's fans pretend to make excuses for him like being out of shape, or not getting much time, etc. there just isn't anything there that makes you think this dude has something. Almost everyone shows flashes of brilliance especially a #1 pick but he is like a really boring, not so special player from what i've seen.

Cav's management/GM/owner are 100% at fault if he busts where that equates to horrible team management. It'd be different if he was the obvious no brainer #1 pick, but since the Cav's surprised everyone by taking him their management should be under the hot seat big time. I mean i think there is a HUGE difference in if they took the obvious pick vs 'their' pick, and since they took 'their' pick all blame for failure is completely on them period.

this isnt baseball either where you have to give people time to get their HR's or batting average up, its generally a lot more noticeable in basketball whether someone is special or has game, or not since athleticism, moves, etc. should always be there.

JohnMax
02-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Kyrie does a bad job of getting Anthony Bennett the ball = JOHN WALL is better PG

Sharmer
02-03-2014, 06:27 PM
thing about this dude is he doesn't impress you at all watching him. He's a big chubby body out there but he's not especially fast/quick, doesn't have a great J or post moves, really shows very little to justify him being a lottery pick IMO. Thing is even when Cav's fans pretend to make excuses for him like being out of shape, or not getting much time, etc. there just isn't anything there that makes you think this dude has something. Almost everyone shows flashes of brilliance especially a #1 pick but he is like a really boring, not so special player from what i've seen.

Cav's management/GM/owner are 100% at fault if he busts where that equates to horrible team management. It'd be different if he was the obvious no brainer #1 pick, but since the Cav's surprised everyone by taking him their management should be under the hot seat big time. I mean i think there is a HUGE difference in if they took the obvious pick vs 'their' pick, and since they took 'their' pick all blame for failure is completely on them period.

this isnt baseball either where you have to give people time to get their HR's or batting average up, its generally a lot more noticeable in basketball whether someone is special or has game, or not since athleticism, moves, etc. should always be there.

Cleveland scouts should be all sacked. Bennett was fat even before being the first pick.

KyrieTheFuture
02-03-2014, 06:29 PM
It's almost like he was injured and couldn't work out and he put weight on. Dudes lost like 20 pounds since the season started.

senelcoolidge
02-03-2014, 09:01 PM
He is a horrible defensive player. The times I've watched they know to attack him. He fouls and has no sense of defense out there. He's very immature if you have ever heard him talk and looked at his body language. What a terrible pick? They already had Thompson at the PF spot. You don't use the #1 pick to draft a back up.

FireDavidKahn
02-03-2014, 09:12 PM
It's almost like he was injured and couldn't work out and he put weight on. Dudes lost like 20 pounds since the season started.
It's his fault he put weight on.

JohnFreeman
02-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Give him an off season and he will come back a bit better

RedBlackAttack
02-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Why has this first pick been so obsolete this year?

I think under Mike Brown he's been lost on offense. He would have been much better off under a different system, which allowed him proper offensively.

Dare we say, Kwame Brown!
I don't think it means what you think it means.

nevetslc88
02-03-2014, 11:23 PM
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/AnthonyBennettPoweradeScare.gif

Sharmer
02-04-2014, 12:44 AM
I don't think it means what you think it means.

you could apply every context of the word.

adjective
adjective: obsolete

no longer produced or used; out of date.
"the disposal of old and obsolete machinery"
synonyms: out of date, outdated, outmoded, old-fashioned; More
no longer in use, disused, fallen into disuse, superannuated, outworn, antiquated, antediluvian, anachronistic, discarded, discontinued, old, dated, antique, archaic, ancient, fossilized, extinct, defunct, dead, bygone, out of fashion, out, behind the times;
d

outbreak
02-04-2014, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=Sharmer]you could apply every context of the word.

adjective
adjective: obsolete

no longer produced or used; out of date.
"the disposal of old and obsolete machinery"
synonyms: out of date, outdated, outmoded, old-fashioned; More
no longer in use, disused, fallen into disuse, superannuated, outworn, antiquated, antediluvian, anachronistic, discarded, discontinued, old, dated, antique, archaic, ancient, fossilized, extinct, defunct, dead, bygone, out of fashion, out, behind the times;
d

I<3NBA
02-04-2014, 01:01 AM
the story with Anthony Bennet is that he's a fat fk and the Cavs were trying to be hipsters.

aaand, that's why hipsters sucks balls.

DukeDelonte13
02-04-2014, 01:03 PM
AB actually had another decent game (by AB standards)

Baby steps... He's slowly coming around. He especially looked good defensively.

Godzuki
02-04-2014, 02:05 PM
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/AnthonyBennettPoweradeScare.gif

:oldlol:

Lebron23
02-04-2014, 04:08 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

He seems like a good kid. Mike Brown just needs to give him more playing time. The Cavs won't make it into the playoffs this season. They might as well develop their younger players.

He fouled out against the Dallas Mavericks. And I think he scored 15 points a couple of days ago.

ihatetimthomas
02-04-2014, 06:03 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

He seems like a good kid. Mike Brown just needs to give him more playing time. The Cavs won't make it into the playoffs this season. They might as well develop their younger players.

He fouled out against the Dallas Mavericks. And I think he scored 15 points a couple of days ago.

You don't build a winning culture by tanking. They are only 4.5 games out of 8th in the crappy East. They can def. still make the playoffs. The worst thing to do is give minutes to guys who don't deserve it or havnt earned it. Screw developing young players, develop a winning culture and play the guys who will give you wins.

coin24
02-04-2014, 06:17 PM
You don't build a winning culture by tanking. They are only 4.5 games out of 8th in the crappy East. They can def. still make the playoffs. The worst thing to do is give minutes to guys who don't deserve it or havnt earned it. Screw developing young players, develop a winning culture and play the guys who will give you wins.

Problem is there core isn't good enough to make the playoffs. The only thing they've built is a losing culture and obviously none of the players listen to or respect potato head.
Apart from Kyrie, who doesn't want to be there it seems, who else is even decent on that roster that can get them wins? Lots of supposed potential but they're showing nothing..

ihatetimthomas
02-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Problem is there core isn't good enough to make the playoffs. The only thing they've built is a losing culture and obviously none of the players listen to or respect potato head.
Apart from Kyrie, who doesn't want to be there it seems, who else is even decent on that roster that can get them wins? Lots of supposed potential but they're showing nothing..

The East is so bad that terrible teams are going to get in. 4.5 games behind with over 30 games left is not impossible. You want to build the idea that you play hard and play to win. You dont do that by just giving young guys minutes they dont deserve.

NumberSix
02-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Is that seriously his career high? When the fcuk did he score an entire 15 points?

BrownEye007
02-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Waiters, Thompson, Verajao and Deng. Jack was supposed to be good but idk.

coin24
02-04-2014, 06:36 PM
The East is so bad that terrible teams are going to get in. 4.5 games behind with over 30 games left is not impossible. You want to build the idea that you play hard and play to win. You dont do that by just giving young guys minutes they dont deserve.

They're 16-32. That's pathetic.
Yeah so is the east seeing as that really is only 4.5 games out of the 8 but Chicago, Brooklyn and Charlotte are all better teams. So are NY.

The cavs need to make some trades and hire a new coach if they seriously want to start winning.

coin24
02-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Waiters, Thompson, Verajao and Deng. Jack was supposed to be good but idk.

I said who can get them wins.. Those guys are role players.
Yeah jack was a bad signing.

MannyO
02-04-2014, 06:47 PM

"Ouch"? :facepalm :oldlol:

ihatetimthomas
02-04-2014, 06:54 PM
They're 16-32. That's pathetic.
Yeah so is the east seeing as that really is only 4.5 games out of the 8 but Chicago, Brooklyn and Charlotte are all better teams. So are NY.

The cavs need to make some trades and hire a new coach if they seriously want to start winning.

not really sure why you are responding to me bc we are talking about 2 diff things. You are saying Cavs are just not good so they need new players. Im saying they should not tank and compete and thats how you start a winning culture.

coin24
02-04-2014, 07:27 PM
not really sure why you are responding to me bc we are talking about 2 diff things. You are saying Cavs are just not good so they need new players. Im saying they should not tank and compete and thats how you start a winning culture.

They are competing, theyre not tanking, theyre just that bad... How do they start winning then??

Godzuki
02-04-2014, 07:48 PM
just as a remembrance but it took the Bulls like 3~ years and a lot of wasted $$$ to figure out Curry, Crawford, and Chandler weren't going to be their future.

sometimes its better to recognize that earlier than later.

tomSR.
02-04-2014, 09:36 PM
the story with Anthony Bennet is that he's a fat fk and the Cavs were trying to be hipsters.

aaand, that's why hipsters sucks balls.

they sure do

http://cdn.hiphopwired.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mgk-cleveland-cavaliers.png

NattyPButter
02-04-2014, 10:01 PM

they can't compete the team sucks. You have multiple guys that have the same playing style playing together. TT and AV suck together they are pretty much the same. They both can't block shots and just look to rebound both get punished at their positions, and both clog the paint for Kyrie and Dion to attack the rim. It's the reason why they only shoot jumpers. The team wasn't built right and they need to make a lot of changes including the coach and a new GM.

There is no point to make the 8th seed to get kicked out so fast and end up with a non lottery draft pick. They could make the playoffs and not even touch it next year. They should tank and start over. Get rid of a lot of players during the draft and move up in the draft and pick up some real vets in the FA.

JohnFreeman
02-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Mclemore + Fredette for Waiters

ihatetimthomas
02-05-2014, 01:46 PM
they can't compete the team sucks. You have multiple guys that have the same playing style playing together. TT and AV suck together they are pretty much the same. They both can't block shots and just look to rebound both get punished at their positions, and both clog the paint for Kyrie and Dion to attack the rim. It's the reason why they only shoot jumpers. The team wasn't built right and they need to make a lot of changes including the coach and a new GM.

There is no point to make the 8th seed to get kicked out so fast and end up with a non lottery draft pick. They could make the playoffs and not even touch it next year. They should tank and start over. Get rid of a lot of players during the draft and move up in the draft and pick up some real vets in the FA.

Ill tell you one thing, tanking is always the worst thing to do. Its unfair to the team, org and fans. It instills in the players that its OK to give up and gamble on the lottery. It doesnt matter what the makeup of a team is. You always go out and compete to the best of your ability. I am not nitpicking on this team and its personnel makeup. I am merely stating my opinion that this team, just like any team should never purposely tank because it creates a losing mentality.

Lebron23
10-23-2020, 05:05 PM
He might be the worst first pick of all time. Kwame Olokowandi are better players.

Meticode
10-23-2020, 05:53 PM
I remember the pre-season game his rookie season he scored like 10+ points in a few minutes. He was hitting everything. And I was like "yeeeeeea..." then reality hit. :oldlol:

red1
10-23-2020, 06:48 PM
he was a bum didnt work hard or appreciate the opportunity at all. its a known fact.

he would've been a bad first pick regardless but its a shame he couldnt even stay in the league.